- 2006-08-24 Cooper Adds Zeon, Discoverer Sizes
Cooper has expanded the size range for its Cooper Zeon Sport A/S ultra high performance tire line and Cooper Discoverer S/T light truck line.
- 2006-08-24 Goodyear Eyes 300 Stores in India
Goodyear India plans to establish 300 “exclusive” retail stores throughout India over the next three years.
- 2006-08-28 Yokohama Raising Prices for Tire Exports
Yokohama Rubber Co. Ltd. said it will raise the prices of its exported tires incrementally, starting in September.
- 2006-08-29 New Matador Winter Tyres
Matador has added a new, high performance product to its winter tyre range – the MP59 Nordicca – a tyre designed for middle- and luxury-class European vehicles.
- 2006-08-30 Michelin Boosting Steel Cord Output
- 2006-08-30 Michelin Boosting Steel Cord Output
- 2006-08-30 Michelin Boosting Steel Cord Output
Michelin North America (MNA) has committed $32 million to upgrade and expand its steel cord plant in Bridgewater, Nova Scotia.
- 2006-08-30 Amtel-Vredestein Sets Credit Line
- 2006-08-30 Russian Car Output Rises
Car output in Russia rose 9.5% year-on-year to 646,000 units in January-June, the industry and energy ministry reported.
- 2006-08-30 The 350 mph JCB
Most of us have cursed at one time or another when caught behind a slow-moving digger, travelling on the road. Well, there's one JCB that will easily leave you standing, as the JCB Dieselmax recently achieved a stunning 350mph (563kph) at the Bonneville Salt Flats to break its own land speed record for diesel-powered cars.
- 2006-08-30 TRIB Offers Retread Plant Tour CD
- 2006-08-30 Marangoni Extends Meteo HP Winter Range
The use of winter tyres for the cold season has become widespread among European users in the last few years. In the past winter, for instance, sales in Europe increased by almost 8% when compared to 2004.
- 2006-08-30 Alcoa: Dura-Bright Wheels Now Even Brighter With XBM Technology
- 2006-08-29 "Be Car Care Aware" Kits Available Online for Fall Car Care Month
- 2006-08-29 Companies Continue to Commit to Brityrex
- 2006-08-29 Oliver Adds Stone Ejector/Tread Depth Indicator Feature
- 2006-08-29 New Matador Winter Tyres
- 2006-08-29 PACT Will Make E-Trading Easier, Says MAM
- 2006-08-29 PTNA is Tire Sponsor of Atlanta Car and Bike Event
- 2006-08-29 Trackday Tyre Tips from Service & Sport
- 2006-08-28 Yokohama Raising Prices for Tire Exports
- 2006-08-28 Union Says Little Progress Made With Goodyear
- 2006-08-28 Amtel-Vredestein Won’t Buy Back Shares: Gurin
- 2006-08-25 Tiremaker Shares Gain as Rubber Costs Decline
- 2006-08-24 Cooper Adds Zeon, Discoverer Sizes
- 2006-08-24 Suzhou Yokohama Breaks Ground for New China Plant
- 2006-08-24 Goodyear Eyes 300 Stores in India
- 2006-08-30 Amtel-Vredestein Sets Credit Line
- 2006-08-30 TRIB Offers Retread Plant Tour CD
- 2006-08-30 Amtel-Vredestein Sets Credit Line
- 2006-08-30 Yokohama Names New Ad Agency
- 2006-08-30 TRIB Offers Retread Plant Tour CD
- 2006-08-29 "Be Car Care Aware" Kits Available Online for Fall Car Care Month
- 2006-08-29 PACT Will Make E-Trading Easier, Says MAM
- 2006-08-29 PTNA is Tire Sponsor of Atlanta Car and Bike Event
- 2006-08-29 Trackday Tyre Tips from Service & Sport
- 2006-08-28 Amtel-Vredestein Won’t Buy Back Shares: Gurin
- 2006-08-28 Amtel-Vredestein Won’t Buy Back Shares: Gurin
- 2006-08-30 Yokohama Names New Ad Agency
Yokohama Tire Corp. has hired Culver City-Calif.-based Kovel-Fuller Inc. as its new advertising agency of record.
- 2006-08-31 One Year Later, A-V Focuses on Tire Intros
Last year, Amtel-Vredestein used the Moscow Motor Show to introduce itself. This year, the company leveraged the platform to unveil a number of new tire products to the Russian market.
- 2006-09-01 Bridgestone to Release Wireless TMPS System
According to FCC records, Bridgestone is close to releasing a wireless tyre pressure monitoring system.
- 2006-09-01 Conti Narrows Search for China Production
Continental AG has narrowed the search for its first Chinese production facility to two possible locations, Tyres & Accessories has learnt.
- 2006-09-01 Michelin Dundee to Receive Multi-Million Pound Investment
- 2006-09-01 Bridgestone Successfully Protects Brand and Trademark Rights in China
A tire sales store closely resembling the appearance of “Car wing” run by Bridgestone Corporation’s subsidiary in China, Bridgestone (China) Investment Co., Ltd., was recently opened in Guilin City, China. In response, Bridgestone filed a trademark infringement complaint to the Guilin Industrial & Commercial Administration Bureau, the content of which was wholly upheld.
- 2006-09-05 BFNAT to Get New Tech Director, Hara Gets Key OE Position
Hideo “Hank” Hara, Bridgestone/Firestone North American Tire’s executive vice president of tire development and technology, will be returning to parent company Bridgestone Corp. in October to become vice president and officer of OE tire sales and motorsports.
- 2006-09-06 Nokian Tyres Introduces New Hakka Summer Tire Line
Nokian Tyres has developed a new line of summer tires that will be available in Nordic and Russian tire dealerships next spring.
- 2006-09-07 Pneuman Heads Cooper Sourcing Group
Wayne Pneuman has been named manager of curing, bladders and the global materials sourcing group for Cooper Tire & Rubber Co.
- 2006-09-08 Amtel Tyre Production Begins at Moscow Plant
Amtel-Vredestein N.V. has announced that it has begun production of its Amtel brand of tyres at the Moscow tyre plant (МШЗ).
- 2006-09-11 Yokohama Says it is Taking Other Tire Companies to Court
Yokohama Tire Corp. said it has “initiated legal proceedings against several tire companies,” including Hangzhou, Tireco, Cooper, Guizhou and Greenball, claiming infringement of Yokohama tire patents.
- 2006-09-11 Is Bridgestone Looking at Russia?
Dow Jones has reported that Bridgestone Corp. is considering building a tire factory in Russia.
- 2006-09-11 Michelin/Pirelli Deal? It Would be Pirelli’s Downfall
Marco Tronchetti Provera may be an extremely qualified financial manager, but with regards to major financial transactions, his timing has most definitely been off.
- 2006-09-12 BFNAT Gets Tire Deals With Mack, Volvo
Bridgestone/Firestone North American Tire (BFNAT) announced that it has signed two OE medium truck tire deals – one with Mack and another with Volvo.
- 2006-09-13 TIA Has Full Slate of Special Events Planned For SEMA Show
- 2006-09-13 TPMS Focus of TIA ‘Tires at Two’ Seminars
- 2006-09-13 Predictions: Pirelli First Half Net Profit Down 6.7%
- 2006-09-14 Maxxis Develops Light Truck Tyre Range
Building on its reputation for van tyres that are durable and deliver excellent handling capabilities, Maxxis is expanding its U.K. product portfolio with a range of light truck tyres designed to meet the needs of operators who want quality at an affordable price.
- 2006-09-15 Goodyear Makes New Offer to USW, Steelworkers to Counter
- 2006-09-15 Liberian MP Seeks UN to Protect Firestone Plantation
A lawmaker in Liberia's lower house of parliament has called on the UN Mission in Liberia (UNMIL) to deploy troops on a plantation owned by Firestone Natural Rubber Co. to prevent its takeover by a criminal gang.
- 2006-09-18 Romania Becoming Interesting Distribution Market
Romania and Eastern Europe in general are now commonly seen as attractive “manufacturing” countries, but how are they seen in terms of sales and distribution?
- 2006-09-18 Vredestein Wins Auto Express Tire Test
Vredestein is celebrating its fifth straight win in the annual Auto Express tyre test.
- 2006-09-19 Pirelli Believes in Young Managers
At just 34 years of age, Gianluca Lionetto was appointed as managing director of Pirelli Asia in July, gaining responsibility for Pirelli activities in 14 Asian countries, excluding China and Japan.
- 2006-09-19 Aston Martin Picks Bridgestone for New Vantage
Aston Martin has selected the Bridgestone Potenza RE050A for OE position on its new V8 Vantage.
- 2006-09-19 DaimlerChrylser Launches Giant Smart Car
Ever wondered what a Smart with 26-inch rims would look like? The Smart ForFun2 is the answer.
- 2006-09-20 Nexen Opens Shanghai Offices, Eyes China Growth
Nexen Tire opened a branch office in Shanghai, China, earlier this month, which company officials said, will spur its penetration in the Chinese tire market.
- 2006-09-20 Yokohama on New Generation Mitsu Outlander
Mitsubishi Motors has selected Yokohama as the OE tire for its 2007 Mitsubishi Outlander compact SUV.
- 2006-09-20 Bridgestone Launches M749 Drive-Axle Tyre
With the European Commission predicting that 81% of freight transport will be delivered by road by 2020, long-distance or highway tyres have become a real focus for the premium manufacturers.
- 2006-09-20 TIA Remains Focused on Quality Training
In real estate, it’s location, location, location.
- 2006-09-20 Preparing for the Future: The Skills Canada Competition
As every shop owner knows, the future of the automotive industry is in students working toward a career in the skilled trades.
- 2006-09-20 Trucking Along Nicely
Although demand for road freight transport in Europe is predicted to increase substantially by 2020, the road ahead looks difficult for many established transport companies.
- 2006-09-20 Internet Savvy T&A Readers
Tyres & Accessories readers are ahead of the game when it comes to running online tyre businesses.
- 2006-09-20 Indian Tyre Production Up 18%
The latest ATMA figures show that during the month of July, Indian tyre production rose 18 per cent year on year, to 6.354 million units.
- 2006-09-20 Ford Buys Rover Name for £6 Million
Ford has bought the Rover brand name from BMW for £6 million, raising hopes that the marque could yet rise from the ashes.
- 2006-09-21 Automotive Hall of Fame to Recognize Bridgestone Founder
Bridgestone Corp. founder Shojiro Ishibashi will be among seven individuals that will be inducted into the Automotive Hall of Fame on Tuesday, Oct. 3 in Dearborn, Mich.
- 2006-09-21 Nizhnekamskshina to Increase Supplies to AvtoVAZ
- 2006-09-22 Some News on BFNAT, Union Talks
- 2006-09-22 La. Owner Wins Babcox Scholarship
- 2006-09-22 Bridgestone Widens Lead in Fortune Global 500
Bridgestone Corp. has climbed to number 245 in the Fortune Global 500 in 2006, increasing its lead over Goodyear Tire & Rubber at number 327 and Groupe Michelin at number 335.
- 2006-09-22 Yokohama Offers Warranty on Bandag Retreads
- 2006-09-22 Tym Signs 3-Year Deal With Triangle
- 2006-09-22 ADL Takes Automotive Kitemark to Independent Garages
- 2006-09-22 New Web Site Gives Green Tyre Advice
- 2006-09-22 Yokohama Involved in Another World Record
- 2006-09-22 Cynthia Feldmann Appointed to Hayes Lemmerz' Board of Directors
- 2006-09-25 Cooper to Cut Production at Texarkana Tire Plant
Cooper Tire & Rubber Co. plans to convert its full-time tire plant in Texarkana, Ark., to “flex plant” status, meaning production will shift to meet changing tire demands.
- 2006-09-25 Nexen Tire to Raise Prices in November
- 2006-09-25 Kumho Selects New Marketing Agency
Kumho Tire USA Inc. has selected Cleveland-based Arras Group as its new marketing agency, according to Mike Leverington, Kumho’s director of marketing.
- 2006-09-25 Bridgestone Establishes Offices in Middle East, Asia
According to a media report from the United Arab Emirates, Bridgestone Corp. has established strategic business unit headquarters offices in Dubai and Singapore.
- 2006-09-25 Continental CV Tyre Production Now More Than 7 million Units
- 2006-09-25 Sibur Prepares for Russian Winter
- 2006-09-25 Bandag BZY2 All-Round Tread Product
- 2006-09-25 Italian Justice Minister to Investigate Alleged Spy Plot
- 2006-09-25 New TSW Alloy Wheels for the UK Market
The UK distributor of TSW wheels, Yokohama HPT, has announced the launch of five new designs, which have now been introduced into the UK market.
- 2006-09-25 Multimillion Dirham Complex Opens in Dubai
- 2006-09-25 Hedge Fund Buys into Cooper
- 2006-09-25 Jana Partners Purchases Titan Shares
- 2006-09-25 Van Essche Leaves Bandag NV
- 2006-09-25 Universal Underwriters Hosts Aftermarket Conference in Las Vegas
- 2006-09-26 Kumho Gets Green Light to Build Vietnam Plant
Kumho Tire Co. has received approval by regional government authorities to build a $380 million tire plant in southern Vietnam’s Binh Duong Province.
- 2006-09-26 Tires Plus Launches Revamped Web Site
Tires Plus Total Car Care has launched a new version of its Web site, which now includes online appointments, instant tire quotes and information on car maintenance, repairs and tires.
- 2006-09-26 Bridgestone SA Introduces ‘Super’ Range of Truck Tyres
Bridgestone South Africa has introduced a new ‘Super’ range of the company’s well known Firestone HP3000, PSD3000 and UT3000 steel cord radial truck tyres.
- 2006-09-26 Lear Corp and Transense Cooperate on TPMS Project
- 2006-09-26 MNA Searches For Logistics Providers as TNT Contract Ceases
- 2006-09-26 Natural Rubber Reaches New Low
After reaching record levels earlier in the year, natural rubber prices have now fallen to more comfortable levels for tyre manufacturers.
- 2006-09-26 OTR Tyres Installs Europe’s Biggest Remould Press
Leading earthmover tyre specialist OTR Tyres Ltd. has just installed the largest bead-to-bead, fully automated tubeless remould earthmover tyre press in Europe at its factory near Alfreton, Derbyshire.
- 2006-09-26 KYB UK Coil Springs Catalogue
- 2006-09-26 Renault to Offer Goodyear Duraseal Technology
Renault Trucks is Europe’s first truck maker to offer Goodyear Tire & Rubber Co.’s Duraseal technology.
- 2006-09-26 Nokian ‘On the Road Again’
Following positive second quarter reports, Nokian Tyres is back “on the road again,” according to Deutsche Bank analysts.
- 2006-09-26 TIA Announces New Board of Directors
The Tire Industry Association (TIA) has elected 10 individuals to serve on its board of directors for three-year terms.
- 2006-09-26 Toyo Announces Price Increases
Toyo Tire (USA) Corp. will increase its dealer net price list by up to 5% for passenger, light truck and medium truck tires, effective Oct. 1.
- 2006-09-27 J.D. Power Offers Insight into Japanese Dealer Brand Perceptions
Results of the inaugural “J.D. Power Asia Pacific Japan Auto Parts and Service Store Attitude Study – Tire” were released today.
- 2006-09-27 Brabus Rocket to Fly on Yokohama Advan Sport Tires
The Yokohama Rubber Co. has announced that it will supply its flagship tire Advan Sport (V103) to Germany’s GmbH for the Brabus Rocket.
- 2006-09-28 Michelin Looking to Cut Production Costs by 20%
Groupe Michelin is aiming to lower its production costs in Europe and North America by an estimated 20% as it clamps down on inefficient development and manufacturing processes ahead of next year's expected sharp downturn in the global truck market.
- 2006-09-28 SEMA Exam Deadline Moved to Tomorrow
The deadline to register for SEMA Installer Certification Exams has been extended to this Friday, Sept. 29.
- 2006-09-29 Continental Introduces New General All-Position Medium Truck Tire
Continental Tire North America Inc. (CTNA) has launched the General S371 all-position medium truck tire for regional-haul, on/off-road fleet applications.
- 2006-09-29 ATD Launches Custom Wheel Web Site
American Tire Distributors has launched a new Web site that allows consumers to “envision” new custom wheels on their vehicles.
- 2006-09-29 RMA Urges NTHSA to Reject Tire Importer’s Petition for Compliance Exemption
In a letter addressed to Claude Harris, director of the Office of Vehicle Safety Compliance at National Highway Traffic Safety Administration (NHTSA), Laurie Baulig, senior vice president and general counsel for the Rubber Manufacturers Association (RMA), opposed a petition sent to NHTSA asking for exemption from certain tire labeling required under the National Traffic and Motor Vehicle Safety Act (FMVSS 119).
- 2006-09-29 TIA to Talk TPMS on Nationally Televised PBS Series
The Tire Industry Association (TIA) will be featured on MotorWeek, an automotive series appearing on Public Broadcasting Service (PBS), during the week of Oct. 6.
- 2006-09-29 Coker Tire Adds BFGoodrich Silvertown Whitewall Tire to Offerings
Coker Tire Co. has added the 65-series BFGoodrich Silvertown whitewall radial tire to its lineup.
- 2006-09-29 Bridgestone Doubles Aircraft Tire Capacity
Bridgestone Corp. will double its production capacity for aircraft radial tires by 2011 and set up a second production facility on the site of its existing plant in Tokyo.
- 2006-09-29 Toyo: Whatever The Weather
Whether it's the wrong kind of leaves on the line, frozen pipes or frosted locks, traditionally the British have never prepared well for winter...and it shows.
- 2006-09-29 Kraiburg Recommends Winter Tread Designs
The trend of changing to special winter tyres in the cold season is also increasing in the European commercial vehicle sector, according to Kraiburg Austria.
- 2006-09-29 Kings Road's Wide Range
Kings Road Tyres is a leading truck tyre wholesaler, holding what is probably the largest range of tyres available in the UK and Ireland.
- 2006-09-29 NTDA Website Attacked
While the popularity of the Internet may be increasing, it is not always the successful sales and marketing opportunity that it has the potential to be.
- 2006-10-03 Rosava to launch it's new site
Tire & rubber segment of Ukrainian Internet expirienced renovation - Rosava launched it's new website www.rosava.ua
- 2006-10-03 Michelin Truck Challenge
The answer needed to win Michelin’s Truck Challenge competition was that 28.69 litres of fuel were saved by using Michelin A2 Energy truck tyres on the 1,250 kilometre route between Clermont-Ferrand and Hanover.
- 2006-10-04 Eurotire Manufacturer Goes European
With a name like Eurotire, it might sound surprising that Eurotire Inc. has barely been present in the Western European market before now, despite having production capacity on the continent.
- 2006-10-04 Goodyear Gets Jeep Compass Fitment
Goodyear Wrangler SR-A tires in size P215/65R17 will be the OE tire on the 2007 Jeep Compass, a new compact SUV from DaimlerChrysler.
- 2006-10-05 Yokohama Rubber to Establish Subsidiary in India
Yokohama Rubber Co. said it will establish a wholly owned subsidiary named Yokohama India in New Delhi, India, in January 2007.
- 2006-10-05 Goodyear Workers on Strike
Union workers at 12 Goodyear Tire & Rubber Co. plants walked off the job this afternoon after negotiations with the United Steelworkers failed to deliver a new master labor contract.
- 2006-10-07 Bridgestone Firestone Expands Blizzak Tire Line with Hot New Tires to Beat the Cold Extremes
NASHVILLE, Tenn. (Oct. 4, 2006) Bridgestone Firestone North American Tire, LLC (BFNT) is looking ahead to the winter months with a number of new offerings to its highly acclaimed Bridgestone® Blizzak(TM) tire line-up.
- 2006-10-10 Goodyear Makes Fortune 500 List
Goodyear Tire & Rubber Co. appears at no. 327 on Fortune's Global 500 list this year, with $19.7 billion in turnover; a 7.4% increase over the previous year.
- 2006-10-09 Largest Cooper Shareholder Cuts Stake
Cooper Tire & Rubber Co.’s largest single stock owner, Shapiro Capital Management LLC, cut its stake in the Findlay, Ohio-tire company by some 73%.
- 2006-10-10 Annual ASA Conference Breeds Profitability and Success for Tire Dealers
- 2006-10-10 Yokohama Spec Tire for New Formula Series
Yokohama Rubber Co. has partnered with N.Technology to supply Advan race tires for the International Formula Master race series.
- 2006-10-10 Invesco Stake In Nokian Exceeds 5%
Nokian Tyres announced that Invesco Asset Management, as a result of a share transaction concluded on July 17, now represents more than 5% of the voting rights and share capital in Nokian Tyres.
- 2006-10-10 Cooper Names Schrum to Engineering Post
- 2006-10-10 Moody’s Cuts Michelin Debt Rating
Moody's Investors Service has reportedly downgraded Groupe Michelin’s long-term debt rating to Baa3 from Baa2, and the short term rating to Prime-3 from Prime-2.
- 2006-10-11 European Union to Release Metric-Only Directive
- 2006-10-11 Goodyear to Lay Off 330 Due to Strike
North American tire plants on limited production, Goodyear Tire & Rubber Co. is temporarily laying off some 330 hourly workers at its Asheboro, N.C., steel wire plant.
- 2006-10-11 BFNAT Supplies Sebring Line
DaimlerChrysler has selected two Bridgestone/Firestone North American Tire (BFNAT) products to be OE tires on its 2007 Chrysler Sebring.
- 2006-10-11 Sava Tires Moves Within Goodyear
Goodyear-owned tyre maker Sava Tires, one of Slovenia's largest exporters, has become part of a new organisational structure of 11 Central and Eastern European countries.
- 2006-10-11 Michelin Alpin Recommended by ADAC
- 2006-10-12 Intelligent Tire Tech Conference Comes to Detroit
- 2006-10-12 Bridgestone to Increase Prices in Japan
Bridgestone Corp. announced today that it will raise prices on 1 February 2007 for tyres, tubes and flaps sold in the replacement market in Japan.
- 2006-10-13 China’s Vehicle Imports Up 72%
- 2006-10-13 Michelin Scoops Two GreenFleet Awards
Michelin picked up two prizes at the 7th annual Greenfleet Awards yesterday. The Stoke-on-Trent based company won tyre manufacturer of the year (the runner-up was Bandvulc Tyres) and the Industry Innovation award.
- 2006-10-13 U.S. Tyre Shipments Continue to Fall
U.S. tyre shipments have fallen in almost every segment in the first nine months of 2006.
- 2006-10-13 India Introduces Anti-Dumping Duty on Thai, Chinese Tyres
The Indian government has put provisional anti-dumping duty (ADD) on tyres imported from China and Thailand, with effect from Oct. 9 the Business Standard reported.
- 2006-10-13 Michelin Germany to Introduce 40-Hour Week
Groupe Michelin is planning to phase-in a 40-hour week to workers at the company’s five German production plants.
- 2006-10-13 Bridgestone Wins Run-Flat Tyre Test
The U.K.’s first independent magazine run-flat tyre test has named the Bridgestone Turanza ER300 RFT as “Best Buy 2006.”
- 2006-10-17 CTNA Reaches Tentative Agreement With Mayfield Workers
- 2006-10-17 Goodyear Launches Dunlop SP WinterSport 3D Tire
Goodyear Tire & Rubber Co. has introduced the new Dunlop SP WinterSport 3D tire.
- 2006-10-16 Cooper Issues Voluntary Recall
Cooper Tire & Rubber Co. is voluntarily recalling 79,857 tires, which had been manufactured at its Albany, Ga., plant earlier this year.
- 2006-10-16 Toyo Launches New Version of Web Site
Toyo Tire USA Corp. has upgraded its Web site.
- 2006-10-18 Bandag Reports 3Q Financial Results
- 2006-10-24 New Jeep Models to Offer Bridgestone Dueler Tires
Bridgestone brand Dueler A/T RH-S tires in size P255/70R18 112S will be fitted on the next generation 2007 Jeep Wrangler Sahara.
- 2006-10-26 Sice/Auto 4: New Concept Tyre Changer
- 2006-10-26 Reifen Lindinger: A Bandag Partner for 35 Years
- 2006-10-26 Pirelli to Expand New Tire Plant in Romania
Pirelli SpA said it sees east and central European demand for tires growing by 10% per year and is planning to expand its newly launched plant in Slatina, Romania.
- 2006-10-26 New TPMS Launched
Measurement Ltd. today announced the launch of a new product that combines its Accutire sensor-based digital technology with a Tire Pressure Monitoring System (TPMS).
- 2006-10-26 Cooper to Announce Quarterly Results
- 2006-10-26 Amerityre Sets Annual Meeting
- 2006-10-30 Goodyear Says It Will Close Tyler Plant
- 2006-10-30 SEMA Show 2006: CTNA, Giovanna Extend Partnership
Continental Tire North America said it will continue its unique joint marketing partnership with Wholesale Tire and Wheel Corp. (WTW), marketer of the Giovanna wheel brand.
- 2006-10-30 SEMA Show 2006: Pirelli Goes Super Wide For Show Tire
A super wide for consumer trucks? That’s what Pirelli Tire North America has brought to this year’s SEMA Show – a 405/25R24 Scorpion Zero Asimmetrico.
- 2006-10-30 SEMA Show 2006: RealWheels Plans to Real Freak Out
- 2006-10-30 SEMA Show 2006: Reliable Tire Names Promo Winners
- 2006-10-30 SEMA Show 2006: New P4 Four-Seasons Launched
- 2006-10-30 SEMA Show 2006: Conti Launches New ContiSportContact 3
- 2006-10-30 Pirelli Plans Price Hike
Pirelli SpA announced that it will boost tire prices by up to 5% by the end of 2006 due to raw material costs.
- 2006-11-01 Michelin to Incorporate Transense TMPS in Next-Generation Truck Tyres
Groupe Michelin is to announce plans to incorporate Transense TPMS technology into its next generation of truck tyres at a press conference later this week.
- 2006-11-01 SEMA Show 2006: Kumho Introduces New Touring Line
Kumho Tire USA officially launched its latest touring tire line – the Solus KR21 – during the SEMA Show. The Solus KR21 replaces Kumho’s 732 and 795 products.
- 2006-11-01 SEMA Show 2006: Kumho Adds Ecsta Runflat
Kumho Tire USA expanded its lineup of runflat tires with the addition of the Ecsta SPT XRP. Initially, Kumho will offer 13 runflat sizes of the Ecsta SPT XRP, ranging from 195/55R16 to 245/45ZR18.
- 2006-11-01 SEMA Show 2006: Kumho Launches Road Venture APT
SEMA Show 2006: Kumho Launches Road Venture APT
- 2006-11-01 SEMA Show 2006: Kumho Expands Size Lineups
Kumho Tire USA is adding 97 new sizes to six of its most popular tire models in the first quarter of 2007.
- 2006-11-01 SEMA Show 2006: Dunlop Muscles Up
Goodyear Tire & Rubber Co. introduced a new Dunlop-branded line, an “extreme sports performance tire with race-like characteristics for drifting, on-track and autocross motorsports.”
- 2006-11-01 SEMA Show 2006: New BFGoodrich DOT Tire Announced
Michelin North America introduced the new ultra-high performance BFGoodrich g-Force R1 tire, a DOT-legal racing radial.
- 2006-11-01 SEMA SHOW 2006: Kumho’s Scented Tire Taking Off
Kumho Tire USA’s scented tire, which was introduced as a concept at last year’s SEMA Show, is reportedly coming to fruition. A lavendar scented version of the tire will hit the market early next year in three sizes, Kumho said.
- 2006-11-02 SEMA Show 2006: Toyo Intros Two New Lines
Toyo Tire USA introduced two new tire lines during the SEMA Show - the Versado LX and the DOT-legal Proxes R888.
- 2006-11-02 SEMA Show 2006: Goodyear Eagle Gets Magazine Honors
Popular Mechanics magazine awarded Goodyear Tire & Rubber Co. with its Editor's Choice Award in recognition of the tiremaker’s development of the Eagle ResponsEdge with Carbon Fiber radial introduced earlier this year.
- 2006-11-02 Chinese Carmaker Plans Detroit Display
- 2006-11-02 Dueler H/L 400 Tires are OE on Mazda SUV
Mazda’s all-new CX-9 SUV will ride on Bridgestone Dueler H/L 400 radials, Bridgestone/Firestone North American Tire announced.
- 2006-11-02 Timken Releases New Tech Series CD
- 2006-11-02 ETRMA Seeks to Influence EU Decisions
Earlier in the year, the European tyre and rubber industry formed the ETRMA as a successor to BLIC.
- 2006-11-02 Amtel-Vredestein Wins Branding Award
- 2006-11-02 Avon Confirmed as Morgan Tyre Supplier
Avon Tyres has been confirmed as the official tyre supplier for the Morgan Motor Company's newest offering, the revamped Aero 8.
- 2006-11-02 Car Dealers Losing Share of Service Market
- 2006-11-02 Independent Garages Lose Ground to Fast-Fits in Car Repair
- 2006-11-02 First Stop Dealers Find Par-fect Way to Do Business
- 2006-11-03 SEMA Show 2006: EnTire Solutions Launches TPMS Sensors
Joint venture EnTire Solutions has launched two aftermarket TPMS sensors and valve service kits to support its current OE business.
- 2006-11-03 SEMA Show 2006: TIA Names New Training Director
- 2006-11-06 Tire Kingdom Launching New Brand
Tire Kingdom International Inc. has replaced the Goodyear-produced Hallmark brand with a new line – Cyclone.
- 2006-11-06 Pirelli CEO Quits, Will Concentrate on Telecom Italia
MSNBC reported this morning that the Pirelli SpA CEO has resigned.
- 2006-11-07 RMA Issues New Service Bulletin on Nitrogen Use
- 2006-11-07 New Dunlop Direzza Sport Z1 Takes Two SEMA Awards
Goodyear’s Dunlop products took two top awards during the recent EMA Show in Las Vegas.
- 2006-11-07 Michelin Launches Transense CV TPMS
After several years of intensive research and development, Michelin North America’s R&D department and Honeywell, one of the world's leading automotive technology suppliers, have announced the launch of the eTire II, a battery-less TPMS for commercial vehicles.
- 2006-11-07 Matteuzzi Celebrates 50 Years
- 2006-11-07 Dunlop Launches BARC/Dunlop Sport Maxx Cup
During October, Dunlop Tyres launched its latest motorsport series, the BARC/Dunlop Sport Maxx Cup.
- 2006-11-08 Pirelli Posts $2 Billion Quarterly Loss
Dragged down by its investment in troubled Telecom Italia, Pirelli SpA reported a net loss of $2 billion for the third quarter of 2006, compared to a net profit of $135 million just a year ago.
- 2006-11-08 Goodyear Partners with Mighty Auto Parts
- 2006-11-09 Michelin, WABCO Work on Truck Pressure Monitoring System
Michelin North America said it will work with WABCO to introduce what it calls an “integrated vehicle tire pressure monitoring system” (IVTM) to the North American trucking industry.
- 2006-11-10 Goodyear Strike: Will Talks Restart?
- 2006-11-10 Becky Babcox Named Women's Board "Aftermarket Woman of the Year"
- 2006-11-10 Respected Industry Veteran Don Driver Passes Away
- 2006-11-10 Trelleborg Launches Tallest Agri-Tyre Ever
- 2006-11-13 Goodyear. Steelworkers Go Back to the Table
- 2006-11-13 Cooper Tires Sold at Military Exchanges Being Recalled
According to the Army Times, Cooper Tire & Rubber Co. is recalling an unknown number of Cooper Lifeliner Touring SLE radials sold through Army & Air Force Exchange Service stores in Europe.
- 2006-11-13 BFNAT Making BMW Run-Flats in N.C.
Bridgestone/Firestone North American Tire Wilson, N.C., tire plant began shipping Bridgestone brand run-flat tires to BMW’s assembly plant in Spartanburg, S.C., marking the first time BFNAT has produced OE-level run-flats in the U.S.
- 2006-11-13 Big O Tires Names New Area Sales Manager
- 2006-11-14 Bridgestone Finalises F1 Contracts
Bridgestone Motorsport has finalised contracts for the provision of Bridgestone Potenza Formula One tyres with the Renault F1 Team, Team McLaren Mercedes, Honda Racing F1 Team, BMW Sauber F1 Team, Red Bull Racing and Scuderia Toro Rosso.
- 2006-11-14 1012 bhp Bristol Fighter-T Runs on Michelin Tyres
Kensington-based luxury carmaker Bristol has announced that it has produced a record braking variation of its Bristol Fighter model.
- 2006-11-16 Court Rules Michelin Liable in Asbestos Cases
The Associated Press reported that a French court found Groupe Michelin guilty of negligence in claims the tiremaker exposed workers to “dangerous levels of asbestos.”
- 2006-11-16 Bridgestone Opens European Logistics Centre in Zeebrugge
With the completion of expansion work at the Zeebrugge warehouse, Bridgestone has opened its new 87,500-square-metre European Logistics Centre.
- 2006-11-16 Outperform Rating Pushes Michelin Shares to 17-Year High
Groupe Michelin shares reached their highest price in 17 years following JPMorgan’s decision to rate the manufacturer as “outperform.”
- 2006-11-17 Union Breaks Off Contract Talks With Goodyear
- 2006-11-21 Software Firm Launches New Products, Enhancements
ASA Tire Systems released two new products – TireMaster POS and version 7.3.0 of its TireMaster software – and initiated a special introductory price for the all-new TireMaster POS product.
- 2006-11-22 Natural Rubber Falls to 2005 Levels
Natural rubber prices have fallen to levels last reached 18 months ago ($1.55/kg).
- 2006-11-22 Continental Enters China Plant ‘End-Game’
“We are making the final decision of the destination between two Chinese cities for passenger- and light-duty truck-use tyres production," Continental AG executive board chairman, Manfred Wennemer, told the China Daily Newspaper.
- 2006-11-27 Goodyear Unit President Addresses Strikers, Communities
- 2006-11-27 Goodyear Cutting Star, Lee
Goodyear Tire & Rubber Co. has decided to discontinue production and sales of its Star and Lee associate brands.
- 2006-11-27 China, U.S. Groups Sign MOU on Technology, Brand Development
- 2006-11-27 Nokian Tyres Will Not Build CZK 9 Billion Czech Plant
Nokian Tyres has decided not to build a 9 billion Czech korona (£216 million) vehicle tyre production plant in Valasske Mezirici, vice-president Raimo Mansikkaoja said in response to a letter from local mayor Jiri Castecka.
- 2006-11-27 Goodyear Dunlop Aims to Close the Gap with Michelin in France
Since Goodyear Dunlop Tire France was founded in January 2004, the group has increased its marketshare four percentage points to 23% of the 32 million-unit strong French passenger car tyre replacement market.
- 2006-11-27 Report: Korean Manufacturers Will Struggle
Korean tyre manufacturers have an uphill struggle on their hands if they want to improve their products’ brand recognition on a global scale, according to a recent Deutsche Bank report.
- 2006-11-27 2007 Pirelli Calendar Launched
On Nov. 16, the 2007 Pirelli Calender (dubbed “A Bed and Five Stories”) was launched at a star-studded event at the Battersea Evolution Park in London.
- 2006-11-27 UUG Addresses Diversity, Human Resources at Annual Conference
- 2006-11-28 Reports Say Local Presidents, USW Leaders at Odds Over Strike
- 2006-11-28 RMA Changes Name of Non-Tire Unit
- 2006-11-29 Cheap Illegal Imports Force Indonesian Manufactures to Close
A “flood of illegal Chinese- and Indian-made tyres” has caused two influential Indonesian tyre manufacturers to close.
- 2006-12-04 Pirelli Acquires Fioravanti Licence for Cyber Tyre Development
Pirelli Tyres and Fioravanti have announced plans to work together to develop Pirelli’s patented Cyber Tyre concept.
- 2006-12-04 Dunlop Looks to BEML for Heavy Tyres Deal
Dunlop India Ltd. is reportedly taking steps to enter the OTR tyre market by cooperating with Bharat Earth Movers Ltd. and Coal India Ltd.
- 2006-12-06 Bridgestone Americas to Acquire Bandag for $1.05 Billion
Bridgestone Americas Holding Inc. and Bandag Inc. jointly announced that they have entered into a merger agreement in which Bridgestone Americas will acquire the outstanding shares of each class of stock of Bandag for $50.75 per share in cash. The transaction is valued at approximately $1.05 billion.
- 2006-12-07 Bridgestone Shares Rise on Back of Bandag Acquisition
Bridgestone Corp. shares rose 3.5% to 2,550 yen, the company’s greatest gain in two months, after the tyremaker agreed to purchase retreader Bandag Inc.
- 2006-12-07 Pae New Hankook President
- 2006-12-07 Amtel-Vredestein Obtains Credit for Moscow Tyre Plant Acquisition
Europe’s fourth largest tyre producer, Amtel-Vredestein N.V., announced that its subsidiary, OJSC Amtel-Vredestein, along with CJSC Moscow Tyre Plant-M, have secured three lines of credit totalling almost £39 million with the Russian Federation’s Sberbank to finance costs associated with its acquisition of the Moscow Tyre Plant.
- 2006-12-07 Michelin Seeks Exemption from Indian Standards
At a meeting in New Delhi, the French Government has sought to gain exemption from having to add the Bureau of Indian Standards (BIS) marking for to Michelin tyres in addition to their current e-marking.
- 2006-12-07 Analysts Upgrade Cooper Shares
Some financial analyst reports have become increasingly optimistic regarding Cooper Tire’s intermediate term performance.
- 2006-12-08 Managers to Leave Goodyear Dunlop in 2007
Some 29 managers have lost their jobs at Goodyear Dunlop UK. The job losses are part of a restructuring programme, which will cut around 100 jobs in total.
- 2006-12-08 Apollo Tyres OE on Volkswagen?
Apollo Tyres is in talks with Volkswagen about supplying tyres to the small car the German carmaker is planning to introduce in the next two years.
- 2006-12-12 Any Deal for Conti Dead, Group Says
- 2006-12-12 Hennelly Opens 13th Location, Plans 8 More
- 2006-12-12 PSI Launches Commercial Tire Newsletter
- 2006-12-12 Dattilo Named Director of Alberto-Culver
- 2006-12-12 Regulating Winter Safety
- 2006-12-12 MaddenCo Has New Web Site
- 2006-12-12 Penn Dealer Launches New Site
- 2006-12-12 Maureen Sabia to Head Canadian Tire
- 2006-12-12 First-Time Event Tyrexpo Africa Was a Sell Out
- 2006-12-12 Bauer Built Adds to Fargo Center
- 2006-12-12 Plimsoll: Up to 5,000 Jobs Could be Cut in 2007
- 2006-12-12 Baltimore Dealer is CABA Person of the Year
- 2006-12-12 Former Pomp’s Owner, Roger Wochinske, Dies
- 2006-12-11 More Strikers Crossing Picket Lines, Goodyear Says
- 2006-12-11 Investment Group May be Making Another Play for Conti
- 2006-12-11 New Tyre Sensor Offers Increased Safety and Lower Operating Costs
A new tyre sensor that can warn drivers of dangerous road conditions or urgently needed tyre maintenance has been developed in Germany.
- 2006-12-11 Former Mohawk CEO Hank Fawcett Dies
- 2006-12-11 Sabanci Purchases Indonesian Tyre Yarn Company
- 2006-12-11 Pennsylvania Dealer Credits Software for Growth
- 2006-12-11 Tyres Give Couple a Rude Awakening
- 2006-12-11 Tyre Dealer Faces Negligence Charge Over Explosion Death
- 2006-12-11 A1GP Signs TV Deal With Channel Five
- 2006-12-13 Michelin to Extend Use of TMPS
Oxfordshire-based Transense Technologies PLC has announced that it has entered into an agreement with Honeywell International Inc. to extend the use of Transense’s Tyre Pressure Monitoring System (TMPS).
- 2006-12-13 Hayes Lemmerz Reports Loss, Continues Restructuring
Wheel and automotive parts manufacturer Hayes Lemmerz International Inc. has reported a third quarter loss of US$59.6 million, up from US$13.3 million a year earlier.
- 2006-12-21 Bridgestone to Build New Giant OTR Tire Plant…in Japan
For the first time in three decades, Bridgestone Corp. will build a new tire plant in its home country.
- 2006-12-21 Michelin Campaign Wins B2B Award
Michelin’s Stop Thirsty Tyres campaign, aimed at helping hauliers reduce their fuel bills through better tyre management, has beat strong competition to win the ‘Best use of creative’ award at this year’s B2B Marketing Awards.
- 2006-12-21 Beru Chosen as BMW TPMS Supplier in U.S.
BMW has chosen the German company Beru AG as its supplier of tyre pressure control systems for BMW vehicles destined for the U.S. market.
- 2006-12-20 Thai Recall for Michelin
Following Michelin Australia’s recall of a potentially unsafe light truck tyre sold in the Australian market, Michelin Siam has recalled 55,000 units of this particular tyre and other variants.
- 2006-12-20 EnTire Solutions Gets Toyota Position
EnTire Solutions said it will boost its TPMS presence in North America, becoming a supplier for the 2007 Toyota Sienna.
- 2006-12-20 New Organisation For Nokian in Europe
Sources inform us that Finnish tyre manufacturer Nokian seems set to expand its distribution centre.
- 2006-12-15 TIC Becomes TyreSafe
From January 2007, the Tyre Industry Council (TIC) will be known as TyreSafe.
- 2007-01-03 Goodyear Completes Sale of Tire Fabric Operations
Goodyear Tire & Rubber Co. announced that it has closed the sale of its tire fabric operations to South Korea-based Hyosung Corp., pending post-closing adjustments and completion of the sale of its Americana, Brazil, operation.
- 2007-01-02 Hercules Chairman and Bell Tire Owner Passes Away
- 2007-01-02 Hankook: Voluntary Tire Recall Notice
Hankook Tire Co., Ltd. (“HTCL”) has decided that a safety related defect exists in certain Aurora brand medium duty truck tires manufactured from March 1 through September 5, 2006.
- 2007-01-02 TireWare Launches Online POS and Inventory Application
TireWare Inc., a supplier of business management software for tire and automotive service centers, has unveiled a subscription-based, online point-of-sale and inventory software application.
- 2007-01-04 Goodyear Set to Offer Employment Buyouts
Bloomberg reported that Goodyear plans to offer buyouts of as much as $40,000 in a move to trim some 400 hourly jobs at four USW-represented plants.
- 2007-01-04 Kumho Announces a Greener Tyre
South Korea’s Kumho Tires has announced a tyremaking first, namely that it has developed products that incorporate a new environmentally friendly material known as Lyocell.
- 2007-01-04 Iran to Benefit from Tyre Loans
The Saudi-based Islamic Development Bank (IDB) is planning to offer loans of approximately £4 million to help the development of Iran’s tyre industry.
- 2007-01-04 Schrader AirAware Now in E-Catalogs
Schrader Bridgeport International’s AirAware TPMS sensors and service pack lines are now included in e-catalogs by Activant and Wrenchead, the company announced.
- 2007-01-04 Michelin Honoured in China
French tyremaker Michelin received several prestigious accolades in the important Chinese market during the closing months of 2006.
- 2007-01-04 Exec Director Quits Balkrishna, Plans to Purchase Alliance
- 2007-01-04 Michelin Scores Highly in Reputability Survey
Forbes magazine has ranked Michelin as the world’s fifth most reputable company.
- 2007-01-05 Goodyear to Discuss New Contract With Analysts
Goodyear will hold an investor conference call to discuss details of its new master labor contract with the United Steelworkers next Tuesday, Jan. 9 at 9 a.m.
- 2007-01-05 Pirelli Hoping to List Tyre Division
Italian corporate giant Pirelli SpA is reportedly planning to list its tyre division on the stock exchange in March or April as trading conditions improve.
- 2007-01-08 Goodyear to Close Morocco Plant
Continuing its efforts to reduce manufacturing costs worldwide, Goodyear plans to close its plant in Casablanca, Morocco, by the end of the year.
- 2007-01-08 Michelin Gets Major U.S. Military Deal
Michelin Aircraft Tire Co. has been awarded a 10-year, $700 million-plus contract to supply tires to the U.S. military.
- 2007-01-08 ASA Tire Systems Adds Wrenchead Interface
ASA Tire Systems has introduced a new interface between its TreadX tire dealer software and Wrenchead, an Internet-based database of automotive aftermarket parts.
- 2007-01-08 Ex-Balkrishna Exec, Warburg Pincus to Buy Alliance Tire
- 2007-01-02 Hankook Issues Voluntary Recall of Certain Medium Truck Tires
- 2006-08-18 Hayes Lemmerz Signs License Agreement with Russian Wheel Producer
Northville, MI – August 18, 2006 – Hayes Lemmerz International, Inc. (Nasdaq: HAYZ) announced today that its wholly-owned German subsidiary, Hayes Lemmerz Holding GMBH, has entered into a license agreement with Tolyatinskiy Zavod Stalnih Kolyos (TZSK) of Togliatti, Russia, a manufacturer of steel wheels.
- 2007-01-09 At Your Service
The RAC has revealed details of patrol callouts during 2006, and while punctured tyres were one of the most common reasons for requiring assistance, patrol personnel also reported encountering a number of unexpected and bizarre situations.
- 2007-01-10 Goodyear Weathers Strike Storm, Looks Forward
Eighty-six days. Sixteen plants. Fifteen thousand employees on strike. An estimated $360 million in strike-related losses. Strained relations with the United Steelworkers. In the end, Goodyear officials told financial analysts during a conference call yesterday, it was all worth it.
- 2007-01-10 Conti & Microsoft to Share Technology
Continental AG and Microsoft Corp. have announced the formation of a strategic partnership between the two organisations to develop wireless technology for vehicles.
- 2007-01-10 Pirelli Granted New Line of Credit
Pirelli Tyre SpA, Europe's third-biggest tyremaker, has arranged a line of credit worth 500 million euros (£337 million) in an attempt to improve the company's financial structure and boost flexibility.
- 2007-01-10 When the Rubber Hits the Rubber
Old tyres that once drove along city streets are now on the receiving end of a different kind of traffic.
- 2007-01-11 Bridgestone Potenza Concept Tire Debuts at 2007 NAIAS
Bridgestone Corporation, parent company of Bridgestone Americas Holding, Inc. (BSAH), unveiled an ultra-high performance Bridgestone-brand Potenza™ concept tire at the 2007 North American International Auto Show (NAIAS), yesterday in Detroit.
- 2007-01-11 Goodyear Promotes Three in Consumer Tire Organization
Goodyear’s North American Tire operations made a number of personnel changes.
- 2007-01-11 NHTSA Denies China Tire Compliance Petition
NHTSA ruled against Foreign Tire Sales, importer of china-made truck tires, saying mislabeling on the tires did pose a safety issue and that the mismarked tires could not be sold in the U.S.
- 2007-01-11 Italy\'s Homeless Have Their Own ‘Michelin Guide’
It looks like a guidebook, with its glossy pages, fold-out maps, and tips on where to eat and sleep in Rome.
- 2007-01-12 Goodyear Plans to Sell Park Area
The Akron Beacon Journal reported that Goodyear has put its Wingfoot Lake park near Akron up for sale.
- 2007-01-12 Michelin Shows Off eTire II
Five years after the debut of its original eTire Tyre Pressure Monitoring System (TPMS), Michelin has begun to show off its eTire II second-generation sensor equipment.
- 2007-01-12 GITI To Boost Production Capacity
Giti Tire Co Ltd., China’s largest tyremaker, has voiced its intention to raise tyre production capacity.
- 2007-01-12 Hyundai, Kia Models to Use EnTire Solutions TPMS
EnTire Solutions has become the TPMS supplier for the 2007 Hyundai Tiburon, Kia Amanti and Kia Spectra.
- 2007-01-12 Goodyear Tyre Improves 7.5 Tonners’ Load Characteristics
Goodyear has launched a new steer tyre for 7.5 tonne vehicles, which is said to give significant operator benefits, thanks to its size.
- 2007-01-12 ATS Euromaster Launches National Run-Flat Fitting and Repair Service
ATS Euromaster has is to equip each of its 507 centres across the UK with new technology to enable it to service and carry out minor repairs to the latest generation of run-flat technology tyres.
- 2007-01-16 Tyremakers Take Note
According to automotive industry analysts, during 2006, China overtook Japan to become the world’s second-largest market for cars.
- 2007-01-16 Apollo Tyres Gets Two Key Awards
India’s Apollo Tyres Ltd. recently won two awards, one for its Aspire performance tire line and a separate honor for its public safety efforts.
- 2007-01-16 MRF to Expand Capacity at Three Locations
India’s largest tyremaker MRF recently outlined its plans for expansion at three of its factories.
- 2007-01-16 AASA Promotes Spera
Automotive Aftermarket Suppliers Association (AASA) has promoted Theresa Spera to director of marketing and member services.
- 2007-01-16 Dunlop India Resumes Production
Tyres are reportedly rolling off the Dunlop production line in Sahagunj, India, for the first time since 2001.
- 2007-01-17 Bridgestone Recruiting for Hungarian Factory
Bridgestone Europe has begun recruiting employees for its new factory in Tatabánya, 35 miles west of Budapest.
- 2007-01-17 PCL Generates Interest at SEMA
Pneumatics Components Ltd. (PCL) generated a fair amount of global interest at the recent SEMA Show, particularly from U.S. companies.
- 2007-01-17 Startup Hopeful of TMPS Success
Very few people have heard of EoPlex, but this startup company in Redwood City, Calif., hopes to make its mark on the tyre world.
- 2007-01-17 Michelin OE for Russian Market Focus
Michelin has signed the first OE deal for its Davydovo plant near Moscow.
- 2007-01-17 Tip Top Launches Run-Flat Repair Kit
Less than a week after ATS Euromaster launched a national run-flat repair service, Rema Tip Top has introduced a tyre repair kit specifically designed for the permanent repair of tread injuries to run-flat tyres.
- 2007-01-17 Michelin Launches Pilot Road 2
Michelin has launched the Pilot Road 2, unveiling its latest dual compound offering at the Motorcycle Trade Expo at Stoneleigh park.
- 2007-01-18 Michelin Ending Tire Production in Nigeria
AFX has reported that Groupe Michelin will end tire production at its plant in Nigeria, and is working with the Nigerian government to find a buyer for the facility.
- 2007-01-19 Goodyear Plant Managers Swap Posts
Goodyear has swapped managers at two of its tire plants.
- 2007-01-22 BFNAT Introduces New Blizzak in Steamboat Springs
At a special winter driving event held late last week in Steamboat Springs, Colo., Bridgestone/Firestone North American Tire (BFNAT) launched its new Bridgestone Blizzak WS60 tire to dealers and media.
- 2007-01-22 Yokohama to Provide OE Fitments on Chrysler Vehicles
Yokohama Tire Corp. announced it will supply a "significant amount" of tires to Chrysler Group for the 2008 Chrysler Town & Country and the 2008 Dodge Grand Caravan.
- 2007-01-22 Canadian Tire to Offer Eliminator Intelligent Battery Guard
Canadian Tire Corp. will stock a new Battery Brain vehicle aftermarket device manufactured by Smart Energy Solutions Inc. in all of its 460 stores.
- 2007-01-22 Vredestein Exhibits Cold-Weather Run-Flat at Autosport
Following on from run-flat product launches by Cooper and Marangoni Tyre last May, Russian-Dutch manufacturer Amtel-Vredestein threw its hat into the ring with the launch of its Wintrac Xtreme RF cold weather run-flat.
- 2007-01-23 Conti Launches General Brand Winter Tyre
Continental Tire North America Inc. has released the first of an all-new winter tyre range under its General Tire brand.
- 2007-01-19 TyreSafe Highlights Pressure Washer Dangers
TyreSafe (formerly the Tyre Industry Council) has issued a warning outlining potential safety risks posed by equipment used by hand car wash teams in the U.K.
- 2007-01-24 BFNAT Expands Firehawk Wide Oval Tire Line
Bridgestone/Firestone North American Tire (BFNAT) has expanded its Firestone Firehawk Wide Oval tire line with the addition of two new sizes to fit the sixth-generation Corvette.
- 2007-01-24 Hankook Reportedly Ahead of Schedule with Hungarian Plant
South Korean tiremaker Hankook Ltd. said it may be able to complete the first phase of the construction of its new 92,000-square meter plant in Dunaújváros, Hungary, by the end of March.
- 2006-06-26 Goodyear Shows New Products in Essen
At this year’s Reifen exhibition in Essen, Goodyear showed all its new products and most of the highlights from the current product portfolio.
- 2007-01-29 Conti-Amtel Deal ‘Has Died’
It appears Continental AG will not take over Russian-Dutch tyre manufacturer Amtel-Vredestein after all.
- 2007-01-29 Audi R8 to Wear New P Zero
Pirelli’s new P Zero has been selected as the OE tyre for the soon-to-be-released Audi R8.
- 2007-02-01 IBM to Patent Tread Monitoring Sensor
IBM has submitted a patent application for a sensor that can warn drivers when tyre tread becomes worn down to 3mm or less, the level at which tests conducted for the British Rubber Manufacturers Association indicate that a tyre’s road holding ability begins to be significantly affected.
- 2007-02-01 SmarTire Systems Completes Restructuring
SmarTire Systems announced that it has completed its restructuring. As a result, the company reduced its workforce by approximately 50%.
- 2007-02-01 Michelin Renews International Contract
On Jan. 26 Michelin renewed a long-term global contract with the Volvo Group.
- 2007-02-01 Lights…Camera…Tyres
Pirelli has made a second foray into the world of filmmaking with its new short film ‘Mission Zero.’
- 2007-02-02 Conti Boosting Consumer Tire Prices
Continental Tire North America says it will hike prices on its passenger and light truck/SUV tires by as much as 5%, effective Apr. 2.
- 2007-02-02 ASA Launches New TireMaster Web Site
ASA Tire Systems launched a completely redesigned Web site for its TireMaster software product.
- 2007-02-02 Michelin China Reproached for Environmental Standards
China's State Environmental Protection Administration (SEPA) has reproached one of Michelin’s factories, the Shanghai Michelin Warrior Tire Co., for failing to alter its activities after violating environmental regulations.
- 2007-02-02 Michelin Announces Replacement Tyre Price Increase
Michelin has released a statement announcing that it will increase the price of its truck and bus replacement tyres in European markets.
- 2007-02-02 Bridgestone Releases its First SAV Run-Flat
Bridgestone has unveiled its first 4x4 run-flat for luxury sport activity vehicles (SAV).
- 2007-02-07 Bridgestone/Firestone Opens Second Brazilian Plant
Bridgestone’s Brazilian subsidiary, Bridgestone/Firestone do Brasil Indústria e Comércio Ltda., has inaugurated its second Brazilian facility, approximately two years after the announcement of plans to invest in the State of Bahia.
- 2007-02-07 Vredestein to Increase U.S. Prices Across the Board
Effective immediately, Vredestein Tyres North America will increase tire prices in the U.S. up to 4%.
- 2007-02-08 Nokian Introduces Winter Tires to European Market
Nokian Tyres has introduced several new winter tires for the central European market.
- 2007-02-08 Michelin Japan to Increase Prices
Following news that it is raising the price of replacement truck and bus tyre prices in Europe, Michelin has announced its intention to raise the price of winter tyres for cars and trucks in Japan as of Apr. 2, in response to company concerns over material costs.
- 2007-02-09 Rosava: New generation of summer tyres SQ-201
New generation of summer tyres SQ-201 is designed for safe car handling especially on wet road surface as well as for minimizing of aquaplaning risk.
- 2007-02-09 Conti Displays Smart Technologies
Continental Automotive Systems has shown off its smart technologies in an interactive display at this year’s Chicago Auto Show.
- 2007-02-14 Pirelli Counts on ‘The Hero’ for its UHP Lineup
Pirelli has introduced the P Zero the Hero, a new ultra-high-performance tire developed for specifically for supercars, and a tire the company said was “directly derived from the experience the company has accumulated in 100 years of competition.”
- 2007-02-15 Nokian Tyres to accelerate the start-up of the phase II Expansion at its Russian factory
Nokian Tyres' Board of Directors has decided to start the expansion and capacity increase at its Russian factory. As a result of the start-up of Phase II, the output of the Vsevolozhsk factory will more than double with the target to reach the production of 10 million tyres by the year 2011.
- 2007-02-15 Chinese Tyre Production Reaches 283 Million Units
Data from Chinese National Bureau of Statistics reveals 2005 witnessed a sustainable and steady growth in the tyre industry.
- 2007-02-15 Continental to Exhibit Rolling Resistance Calculator at CV Show
Continental AG will once again exhibit at the CV Show at the NEC in Birmingham in three months' time.
- 2007-02-16 Pirelli Gets Five-Year Line of Credit
Pirelli Tyre has taken a $875 million, five-year line of credit, which the tire arm of Pirelli SpA said will enhance its financial position and improve financial flexibility.
- 2007-02-16 Tyre Noise Directive Delayed
A proposed European directive on reducing noise from car and truck tyres has been put on the back burner, according to the lobby group Transport & Environment (T&E). The directive sponsored by the Enterprise Directorate should have been published last summer, but has been delayed on several occasions, T&E claims.
- 2007-02-19 Michelin, Bridgestone Consider Truck Tire Plants in India
Reacting to the growing Indian tire market, both Groupe Michelin and Bridgestone Corp. are looking to expand tire production capacity there.
- 2007-02-19 Korean Tires Enjoying Brisk Sales in China
South Korea’s two tire giants, Hankook and Kumho, are leaving huge marks on China’s roads.
- 2007-02-20 Bridgestone Releases 2007 Profit Forecast
Bridgestone Corp. expects profit to rise 5.8% this year due to improving sales in the U.S. and Europe.
- 2007-02-20 Goodyear Launches New Eagle F1 Asymmetric
Goodyear has launched a new tyre designed to replace the much-vaunted Eagle F1 GSD3.
- 2007-02-21 Goodyear Expands Tire Production in Poland
The Goodyear Tire & Rubber Co. announced that it plans to invest more than $100 million to expand production of high performance and ultra-high performance tires in Poland.
- 2007-02-22 Continental AG Progressing on Talks to Acquire Goodyear Unit
German auto parts supplier Continental AG said it expects to reach a decision soon on whether or not to pursue a purchase of Goodyear’s Engineered Products division.
- 2007-02-22 Toyo Releases Latest Financials
Toyo Tire & Rubber Co. has presented details of its consolidated business results for the first three quarters of fiscal year 2006 (from Apr. 1, 2006 to Dec. 31, 2006).
- 2007-02-22 Yokohama HPT Offers New Marque Specific Wheels
Yokohama HPT Ltd, U.K. distributor for numerous makes of alloy wheels, including TSW, Mangels and MAK, has added two more marque-specific brands to its portfolio – the Redbourne range, designed exclusively for Land Rover and Range Rover models, and August wheels, intended for the Audi range.
- 2007-02-23 Hankook to Build New Plant
Hankook Tire Co. announced plans to build a new $250 million tire plant in its home country of South Korea.
- 2007-02-26 Continental ‘Working Hard to Reduce CO2’
In the last five years, Continental AG claims to have reduced CO2 emissions by more than 30% per product tonne.
- 2007-02-27 Firestone Launches New Mass-Market Multihawk
Firestone has announced details of the long-term replacement for its F590FS tyre, a regular OE fitment on a number of mass-market hatchbacks and compact family cars – including the Volkswagen Polo, Fiat’s Punto and Stilo and the Skoda Fabia, since its release in 2000.
- 2007-02-27 Bridgestone Launches 2007 E-Reporter Initiative
Bridgestone is providing opportunities for the next generation of budding motorsport journalists to reveal their talents through its 2007 e-reporter initiative.
- 2007-03-01 New Rubber for Your Laptop
When people think of green – or interesting – products, they rarely think of laptop bags, but one company has chosen to fly in the face of this general perception.
- 2007-03-07 Report: Hankook Boosting Shipments to Ford
Yonhap news service reported that Hankook Tire Co. plans to increase tire shipments to Ford Motor Co. next year.
- 2007-03-07 Fire Damages Goodyear Thailand Facility
A sizeable fire destroyed large sections of a Goodyear factory in Pathum Thani province, Thailand, on Mar. 2.
- 2007-03-07 Rubber 2007 Hosted by Expocenter of Ukraine
Between Oct. 31 and Nov. 3, Ukraine’s national Expocenter will play host to Rubber 2007, the ninth National Specialized Exhibition with foreign participation.
- 2007-03-06 Shanghai to Host Rubber & Tyre Expo
With the Chinese and Indian tyre industries proving to be the most rapidly transforming, the Asian region is one that has the attention of industry players and observers worldwide.
- 2007-03-06 2006 a Slower Year for Commercial Vehicle Registrations
The European Automobile Manufacturers’ Association (ACEA) has released its figures for the number of commercial vehicles first registered within the European Union and within the U.K. during 2006.
- 2007-03-06 Analysts: Cooper Stock Worth a Second Look
Shares of Cooper Tire & Rubber Co. hit a 52-week high on Mar. 2, despite reporting more losses in its fourth-quarter results.
- 2007-03-06 India’s Carmakers look to China for Tyres
In a move that will no doubt further unsettle Indian manufacturers already concerned about tightening margins, one of the country’s major vehicle manufacturers has decided to fit its buses and multi-axle trucks with radial tyres sourced from China.
- 2007-03-06 Pirelli Won the Battle, but Who Will Win the War?
On Feb. 27, the FIA announced that Pirelli had won the tender to be the official tyre supplier to the 2008-2010 FIA World Rally Championships.
- 2007-03-05 Avenger Gets Bridgestone and Firestone Tires
Bridgestone and Firestone brand tires will grace the 2008 Dodge Avenger, Bridgestone/Firestone North American Tire announced.
- 2007-03-05 Pirelli Opens New UHP Factory in Romania
When Pirelli Tyre’s IPO last summer completely failed, the parent company was forced to sell about 39% of its tyre division Pirelli Tyre SpA to a group of corporate investors from the banking sector rather than to private shareholders.
- 2007-03-05 Amtel-Vredestein to Supply Renault in Russia
Amtel-Vredestein N.V., has confirmed that its Russian subsidiary, OJSC Amtel-Vredestein, has been nominated to supply tyres for Renault Logan cars produced in Russia.
- 2007-03-05 Yokohama Upgrades Advan Site
Japan’s Yokohama Rubber Co. has redesigned its Web site for its Advan tire brand and introduced an international version of the site.
- 2007-03-05 Michelin Launches New X Energy XF
Michelin has launched the first steer axle truck tyre in its range to feature InfiniCoil architecture, one of the key innovations of Michelin Durable Technologies.
- 2007-03-05 Barum Extends Range of On- and Off-Road CV Tyres
Continental Tyre Group has increased its range of Barum tyres truck tyres for on- and off-road use.
- 2007-03-08 MNA Launches Upgraded Truck Tire Site
Michelin North America has updated its Michelin Americas Truck Tires Web site.
- 2007-03-08 New All-Position Radial from BFNAT
Bridgestone/Firestone North American Tire has launched the Bridgestone M860, and all-position on/off-highway medium truck radial, targeting refuse and severe-service trucks.
- 2007-03-08 Michelin Goes Main With Retail Concept
Michelin North America is back in the retail business – just not with tires.
- 2007-03-08 Vredestein Ships One Millionth Space Master
One million is a lot of anything. For Vredestein Banden, it represents a major milestone for its Space Master spare tire.
- 2007-03-08 Hayes Lemmerz to Formalise Russian JV
Hayes Lemmerz International Inc. plans to transform its technical alliance for the licenced manufacture of passenger car steel wheels in Russia into a formal joint venture over the next couple of years.
- 2007-03-08 Geneva Debut for P Zero Club
The Geneva Motor Show has provided Pirelli with its first opportunity to show off its latest P Zero to the public.
- 2007-03-08 F1 to Employ Revised Red Tyre Rule
Bridgestone has confirmed it will visually differentiate its two specifications of dry weather F1 tyres following last-minute changes to this year’s Formula One regulations.
- 2007-03-08 More Dealers Undertaking RFT Training: Bridgestone
Bridgestone’s training programme educating tyre dealers and fitters about its RFT run-flat tyre technology has now seen more than 320 dealerships certified to replace run-flats.
- 2007-03-08 BFS Renegotiating Plantation Agreement in Liberia
The Liberian government is currently in discussions with Bridgestone/Firestone to renegotiate the concession contract for the tyremaker’s operation of the world’s largest natural rubber plantation.
- 2007-03-08 Continental Rated Top in Which? Review
The well known U.K. consumer magazine Which? has rated Continental’s ContiEcoContact 3 its most recommended tyre in a recently conducted comparative evaluation of super-mini and city car tyres.
- 2007-03-12 Michelin Sues FIA Over WRC Choice
The long-running feud between Groupe Michelin and FIA will now apparently enter the courtroom.
- 2007-03-13 Bridgestone to Supply Run-Flats to the Second-Generation X5
According to Bridgestone, the new Dueler H/P Sport RFT is designed to give drivers of sporty 4x4 vehicles a tyre that offers the same characteristics as the rubber on leading coupés and saloons.
- 2007-03-14 Goodyear Introduces New Dunlop Steer Tire
A new flagship steer tire has been added to the Dunlop brand line, Goodyear Tire & Rubber Co. has announced.
- 2007-03-15 Lawsuits Putting Pressure on Run-Flats
In the U.S., it appears that consumer response to run-flat tyres is not as universally glowing as tyremakers had anticipated.
- 2007-03-15 Kumho Set to Offer 20-Series Tire
After creating buzz with its red-smoke-emitting tire and aroma rubber, Kumho Tire USA Inc. is ready to launch another head-turner: a 20-series tire.
- 2007-03-19 Zisser Tire Co-Founder Passes Away
John Zisser Sr., 84, co-founder of St. Louis’ Zisser Tire Co., passed away Feb. 14, according to the company.
- 2007-03-20 Cooper Launches New CS4 Touring Tire
Today, in Pearsall, Texas, just outside San Antonio, Cooper Tire & Rubber Co. launched its new all-season premium Cooper CS4 touring tire.
- 2007-03-23 Michelin Puts Up 'For Sale' Sign in Nigeria
On Mar. 21, Michelin invited prospective investors to submit expressions of interest in its soon-to-be-closed factory in Nigeria.
- 2007-03-27 Vredestein Launches New Ultrac SUV Sessanta
Vredestein Banden B.V. has introduced a new SUV version of its Ultrac Sessanta ultra-high performance tire.
- 2007-03-29 Goodyear India Shares up 10%
Shares in Goodyear India jumped almost 10 per cent from Rs 159.30 (£1.87) to Rs 175.20 (£2.06) on Mar. 26.
- 2007-03-28 Five New Styles from Momo
The last few months have been a busy time for Italian motorsport icon Momo, with the release of four brand new five-spoke wheel designs and one seven-spoke offering – the Momo Corse – which, Momo claims, will fit nearly 100 per cent of all popular saloons, hot hatches and sports cars.
- 2007-03-30 General Tire Unveils New Logo To Reflect Revitalization Of The General Tire Brand
As part of its overall plan to revitalize the General Tire brand, parent company Continental Tire North America Inc., (CTNA) has introduced a dynamic new logo to represent the brand for both the Passenger / Light Truck and the Commercial Vehicle Tire divisions in the Americas.
- 2007-03-30 Michelin Adds Sizes to Uniroyal Laredo Line
Michelin North America is launching four new sizes of the Uniroyal Laredo Cross Country tire for light trucks and SUVs.
- 2007-04-02 Michelin May Expand Shenyang Plant in China
The Chinese news agency Xinhua has reported that Groupe Michelin is planning to expand its tire plant in Shenyang, capital of Northeast China's Liaoning Province, and make it the tiremaker’s biggest production center worldwide.
- 2007-04-02 Yokohama to Increase Consumer, OTR Tire Prices
Yokohama Tire Corp. announced that, effective May 1, it will increase prices on consumer tires up to 7% and OTR tires from 3% to 5%.
- 2007-04-05 Bridgestone Ranked as Top Foreign Investor in Poland
Poland’s leading monthly business magazine, Forbes Poland, has named Bridgestone as the top foreign investor in Poland for 2006.
- 2007-04-10 Bridgestone Produces Snow Tyres for F1
Bridgestone Motorsport has produced a special Limited Edition F1 Potenza Snow Tyre at the request of the BMW Sauber F1 Team.
- 2007-04-11 Continental Buying Majority Stake in Slovakian Tiremaker
Rebuffed in its attempts to buy Goodyear’s Engineered Products Group and Siemens VDO’s automotive electronics business, Continental AG will now acquire a majority stake in Slovakian tiremaker Matador Group.
- 2007-04-13 New Commercial TPMS from Mobile Awareness
Transportation safety products company Mobile Awareness released a new generation of TPMS products geared toward commercial trucks, utility vehicles, RVs and trailers – the MA-TPMS.
- 2007-04-16 Goodyear South Africa to Supply OE for New Hummer
Right hand drive versions of GM’s Hummer H3, including those destined for the U.K. market, will be exclusively shod with products from the Goodyear stable.
- 2007-04-17 New Sumitomo Tire Plant in Thailand to Produce Falken Tires
More than 40 attendees – including tire dealers and journalists – were invited by Falken Tire Corp. to tour its parent company’s new Sumitomo Rubber (Thailand) Co. (SRT) tire plant in Rayong, Thailand, southeast of Bangkok.
- 2007-04-18 Falken Debuts New Ziex ZE-912 to Dealers in Thailand
Today, at a ride-and-drive event for dealers and media at the Bira International Circuit just outside Pattaya, Thailand, Falken Tire Corp. launched the tire it had previewed at the 2006 SEMA Show – the Ziex ZE-912.
- 2007-04-19 New Tyres Safer on Rear Wheels - Tyresafe
Established wisdom amongst a large section of the motoring public and even within the tyre industry dictates that new tyres should be fitted to a vehicle’s front wheels.
- 2007-04-19 MyGoodyear.co.uk Hits the Radio
Goodyear has launched a radio information campaign to highlight the role of preventative tyre maintenance in road safety.
- 2007-04-19 Sibur-Russian Indicate Willingness to Work with Conti
Sibur-Russian Tyres has announced their readiness to work in cooperation with Continental AG in the area of the joint venture company Matador Omskshina.
- 2007-04-19 Goodyear Dunlop on Top Down Under
The Goodyear Eagle F1 GS-D3 has been singled out as Australasia’s tyre of choice for large cars after scoring highly in independent tyre tests conducted by leading Australian motoring publication Wheels magazine.
- 2007-04-19 New Reality Series Rides On Bridgestones
Bridgestone Potenza RE-01R tires will be the featured rubber for the new Speed channel series "Setup." The first episode of the six-part reality series aired last night.
- 2007-04-24 Michelin Romania Truck, OTR Tyre Production up 23%
Groupe Michelin’s subsidiary in Romania, Michelin Silvania, has indicated it expects production at its facility in the city of Zalau will rise by 10% this year, following an increase of 23% during 2006.
- 2007-04-24 Volvo to Offer Goodyear Self-Repair Tyres
Volvo is set to become the first truck manufacturer in Europe to self-repairing tyres on its products after the company entered into a supply deal with Goodyear.
- 2007-04-24 Q1 Results 'Better Than Expected:' Nokian
Nokian Tyres had a “better than expected” first quarter of 2007.
- 2007-04-25 Construction Progresses at Nexen’s Chinese Plant and R&D Centre
Nexen Tire Corp. announced it will invest some £87 million ($170 million) over three years in the construction of its new Qingdao plant.
- 2007-04-25 Road Safety Week
UNO and WHO are exercising the global Road Safety Week. It’s the very first time an action like this has been practiced and it addresses primarily children who suffer the most from road accidents.
- 2007-04-26 Falken Introduces New Wheels
Falken Tire Corp. has announced the availability of its Solaris and Executive wheels.
- 2007-04-27 Goodyear Reports First-Quarter Sales Increase But Loss in Income
Goodyear Tire & Rubber Co. reported overall first-quarter sales of $4.5 billion, which were up 1% from 2006, but the USW strike in North America reduced income by about $34 million.
- 2007-04-27 Latest Proxes From Toyo
Toyo has released the latest in a long and distinguished line of performance rubber with the new Proxes 4.
- 2007-04-30 Toyo Steps Out With New Luxury Line
Turning to the upscale luxury market, Toyo Tire (USA) Corp. has launched its new Versado line of luxury high performance tires.
- 2007-05-04 Goodyear Looking at New Danville Research Lab
Goodyear and the Institute for Advanced Learning and Research (IALR) are considering creation of a “one-of-a-kind tire performance research laboratory” near the tiremaker’s truck tire plant in Danville, Va.
- 2007-05-07 Conti Publishes Strong First-Quarter Figures
Continental AG’s consolidated sales for the first quarter of 2007 rose by 9.8% compared with the same period of the previous year to 3.964 billion euros.
- 2007-05-10 EU Tyre Recycling Tests Outline ‘Best Available Technology’
Estimates put forward during the European Tyre Recycling Association (ETRA) Conference 2007 in Brussels suggest that at least 300 million tyres reach their end-of-life each year throughout the EU’s 27 member states, with similar amounts found in North America, Latin America, Asia and the Middle East.
- 2007-05-10 Goodyear Offering Share to Raise Capital
Goodyear Tire & Rubber Co. announced plans to offer 22.5 shares of its common stock, a move that will reportedly raise an estimated $725 million.
- 2007-05-10 Hankook Passes the 100 Million Mark in China
In late March, Hankook Tire celebrated a significant milestone – the 100 millionth tyre manufactured by the company in China came off the production line at Hankook’s Jiaxing facility in Zhejiang Province.
- 2007-05-10 Michelin to Change U.K. Pension Scheme
The retirement plans of 4,000 Michelin employees in the U.K. – including workers at the Stoke-on-Trent, Dundee and Ballymena plants and ATS employees - have been affected by the company’s planned closure of its final-salary pension scheme to existing members and decision to transfer staff onto a money-purchase plan.
- 2007-05-10 NR Speculation a Concern in India
An association representing seven of the largest tyre manufacturers in India has expressed concerns that futures market speculation could lead to rising natural rubber prices in the domestic market, forcing manufacturers to become reliant upon imports – as was the situation in December 2006 and January 2007.
- 2007-05-11 Goodyear’s New Eagle F1 All Season in Stores This July
Goodyear announced that its new, ultra-high performance Eagle F1 All Season will be available to consumers this July.
- 2007-05-11 Yokohama Rubber Sales Increase 10.1%
The Yokohama Rubber Co. announced on May 10 that its net sales had risen 10.1% to 497.4 billion yen (£2.083 billion) in the fiscal year ended March 31, 2007.
- 2007-05-15 Dunlop Signs Off on SP Sport Signature All-Season HP Line
Goodyear has launched the Dunlop SP Sport Signature, an all-season high performance tire.
- 2007-05-15 New Winter Range for Interstate
Netherlands based Interstate Tire & Rubber Co. has announced the introduction of a new range of exclusive brand Interstate winter tyres for the 2007 season.
- 2007-05-16 Dunlop Adds to Mixed-Service Truck Tyre Range
Peterborough’s TruckFest show – an event co-sponsored by Dunlop Tyres UK – was chosen as the launch venue for new additions to two of the tyremaker’s new product lines.
- 2007-05-17 Matador Supplies China’s Triangle
Matador’s machinery unit has signed an agreement to sell 10 tire production machines to China tiremaker Triangle.
- 2007-05-23 Pirelli Tyre Romania Reports 2006 Turnover of
Pirelli Tyre’s operations in Romania ended the 2006 year having recorded a turnover of 60.36 RON (£12.7 million) and losses of 18.49 million RON (£3.9 million).
- 2007-05-29 Toyo to Increase Capacity at North American Plant
Toyo Tire & Rubber Co. is planning to increase production capacity at its Toyo Tire North America plant in White, Ga.
- 2007-05-30 Kumho Chosen for Green LCV
Coventry-based manufacturer of zero-emission commercial vehicles, Modec Limited, has chosen to fit Kumho tyres as OE on its range of environmentally friendly vehicles.
- 2007-05-31 U.S. Military Receives First Shipment of BFGoodrich Tires
Michelin North America’s (MNA) BFGoodrich brand announced the delivery of the first 5,000 Baja T/A military edition tires to the U.S. military for use on Humvees.
- 2007-05-31 ‘P Zero the Hero:’ Pirelli’s New Answer for Supercars
In the centenary of the firm’s involvement in motorsports, the most technologically advanced product to come out of Pirelli research, heralded as a revolution for the tyre industry, is about to be launched.
- 2007-05-31 Avon Offers to Keep Performance Cars Cool With Winter Products
Avon Tyres has expanded its cold-weather programme with the addition of new sizes to fit a broad variety of popular high performance cars and 4x4s.
- 2007-05-31 Goodyear SA Appointed Sole Supplier for GMSA Hummer
The tough tyres that carry General Motors’ locally produced super-macho Hummer H3 through rocky riverbeds and over busy city highways will all be locally produced Goodyear Wranglers.
- 2007-05-31 Toyo Sells Australian Parts Business
Toyo Tire & Rubber Co. has announced the sale of its Australian subsidiary’s automotive interior parts business.
- 2007-05-31 Solideal Factory in China achieves ISO 9001 Certification
Solideal is pleased to announce that Solideal Rubber Products (Qingdao) Co. Ltd has achieved the ISO 9001:2000 Quality management certification from Lloyds Shanghai on Apr. 25.
- 2007-06-01 Marangoni Launches Ringbuilder 3000
For Marangoni Retreading Systems, its Ringtread retreading technology is guided by the concept of a “production island,” – a highly automated multi-purpose work centre with input of raw materials (compounds and tyre for retreading) and output of the end product (the retreaded tyre).
- 2007-06-01 Buy-Out Points to Far Eastern Expansion for Dunlop Aircraft Tyres
Private equity business ABN Amro Capital, part of Dutch group ABN Amro, has acquired a 74.6% stake in Dunlop Aircraft Tyres.
- 2007-06-04 Michelin Launches Touring Tire-Inspired Footwear Line
At the Barber Motorsports Park in Birmingham, Ala., Michelin North America (MNA) launched the Michelin Primacy MXV4 touring tire and a casual footwear line inspired by the new tire.
- 2007-06-04 Continental OE for New Ford Mondeo and Transit SportVan
When Ford’s all-new Mondeo finds its way into new car dealerships in late June, chances are it will be sporting a smart set of Continental tyres as OE.
- 2007-06-04 New Touring Tyre from Michelin North America
Michelin North America (MNA) has released a new addition to its range of offerings for luxury vehicles – the Primacy MXV4 touring tyre.
- 2007-06-05 Continental Raises Prices in Canada
Continental Tire Canada Inc. is raising prices up to 5.5% on all Continental, General and associate brand passenger and light truck tires.
- 2007-06-05 Michelin Introduces Light Truck/SUV Tire to Canadian Market
Michelin North America (Canada) Inc. has introduced its LTXTM A/T2 light truck and SUV tire.
- 2007-05-21 Kumho Tires and Nanjing TBR (Truck/Bus Radial Tire) plant groundbreaking ceremony
Invest ninety nine million dollars and plan to complete the construction in the second half of 2008 Kumho Tires (President, Se Chul Oh) founds a comprehensive TBR plant in Nanjing.
- 2007-06-06 Falken Gets Top Spot in Enthusiast Magazine Survey
Falken Tire Corp. was selected as “favorite tires” in the 2007 People’s Choice Awards conducted by C16, a digital automotive enthusiast magazine.
- 2007-06-06 Sportrac3 Rated a ‘Winning Tyre’ in Auto Express Product Honours
Auto Express magazine has named a Vredestein product as the top performer in the tyre segment of the magazine’s Product Honours 2007 awards.
- 2007-06-06 Tyre Smart in Norfolk
Motorists in the coastal town of Great Yarmouth are being offered hands-on advice to make them more safety conscious and, in particular, tyre aware.
- 2007-06-06 Study Suggests Many Second-Hand Tyres Unfit for Resale
According to the results of a regional study, a high proportion of the partially worn second-hand tyres sold in the UK each year fail to meet current safety standards, and if this study is representative of the nationwide situation, as many as 600,000 of these unsafe tyres may be on sale throughout the UK each year.
- 2007-06-07 Motorists Urged to Remember Tyres
June 5 to 12 is Auto Safety Week in the Australian state of Victoria, and this year, the campaign is placing a heavy emphasis on tyre safety.
- 2007-06-07 Conti’s Testing Facility Turns 40
Continental AG has marked the 40th anniversary of the opening of its main test track in northern Germany.
- 2007-06-07 Matador Q1 Earnings up 18%
During the period between Jan. 1 and Mar. 31, the Matador group reported earnings of SKK 4.54 billion (£90.6 million), an 18% increase on the same period in 2006.
- 2007-06-08 Kumho Announces Availability of New Solus KR21
Kumho’s new Solus KR21 premium touring “megaline” tire is now available in nearly 50 sizes, ranging from 155/80R13 to 235/65R18.
- 2007-06-08 SEMA: Record Number of Manufacturers Expected at Show
SEMA announced that a record numbers of manufacturers have requested priority space for the 2007 SEMA Show.
- 2007-06-08 JK Tyres Considering Return to 2 & 3 Wheeler Market
According to news published in an Indian business daily, JK Tyre & Industries is considering a return to the two and three wheel vehicle market after a long absence.
- 2007-06-11 TIA Releases Road Service Safety Video
TIA has issued its new Road Service Safety training video for commercial tire service technicians.
- 2007-06-11 Conti Plans HQ Move
The Charlotte Business Journal has reported that Continental Tire North America Inc. plans to move its headquarters from Charlotte to a business park in nearby Lancaster County, N.C.
- 2007-06-12 EU Approves Majority Conti Holding in Matador
The EU Commission has given Continental AG the go-ahead for its acquisition of a majority holding in the Matador Group’s tyre, conveyor belt and rubber machinery operations, paving the way for the acquisition to be carried out once the spin-off of the Matador Rubber Group has been completed.
- 2007-06-12 Tatneft and Conti Sign Tyre Technology Deal
Russian tyremaker Tatneft has reportedly signed a deal with Continental AG for the purchase of metal cord tyre manufacturing technologies for its Nizhnekamskshina operations.
- 2007-06-12 Japanese Michelin Plant to Focus on Hi-Tech Offerings
Michelin has decided to specialise tyre production at its facility in Ota, Japan so it can, as the company stated in a press release, "respond more effectively to the specific, highly technological requirements of the local market."
- 2007-06-12 Ceat to Meet Aftermarket Demand Through Outsourcing
When handed lemons, make lemonade…or when OE orders dwindle, produce tyres for the more profitable aftermarket.
- 2007-06-13 Yokohama Chosen for Most Powerful Golf Ever
Volkswagen is releasing the most powerful Golf in the marque’s 33-year history, and has selected Yokohama to handle the hatchback’s power.
- 2007-06-14 Michelin’s Future Productivity Gains Will Be ‘Huge’
Analysts are predicting huge productivity gains after Michelin announced the restructuring of its Japanese plant, involving the lay-off of 550 people (following Canada, Nigeria and France last year).
- 2007-06-06 Conti Increases Production at Romania Plant
Continental intends to boost production capacity at its Timisoara plant in Romania by around 8 per cent, to more than 13.5 million tyres per annum.
- 2007-06-15 Apollo Considers Expansion of Dunlop SA Plant
Apollo Tyres is planning a major capacity expansion at its Dunlop South Africa facility, Indian newspapers have reported. The project is expected to go into action in 2008/09.
- 2007-06-15 Yokohama Gears Up for Porsche Parade
For the 209th straight year, Yokohama Tire Corp. will serve as an official sponsor of the annual Porsche Club of America’s Porsche Parade, set for July 1-5 in San Diego.
- 2007-01-30 Apollo Tyres unveils its internationally renowned Regal brand of radials for truck and bus commercial vehicles at Bus World, Mumbai
Apollo Tyres Ltd today formally unveiled the first of the Regal brand truck and bus radial tyres – Transport RS (front axle) and Transport RD (drive or rear axle) – at the business-to-business exposition, Bus World, India, taking place in Mumbai.
- 2007-06-19 IRSG: Rubber Consumption to Reach 32 Million Tons by 2020
The International Rubber Study Group (IRSG) reported during the World Rubber Summit last month in Bangkok that world rubber consumption is now forecast to reach 31.8 million tons by 2020, representing an increase of around 10 million tons compared to 2006.
- 2007-06-19 Trelleborg Closing Denmark Plant, Opening New Facility in Latvia
Trelleborg Wheel Systems is closing its plant in Hadsten, Denmark, and will move production to a new facility in Liepaja, Latvia.
- 2007-03-06 Shanghai to Host Rubber & Tyre Expo
With the Chinese and Indian tyre industries proving to be the most rapidly transforming, the Asian region is one that has the attention of industry players and observers worldwide.
- 2007-06-20 Kumho to Raise Passenger, LT Prices
Kumho Tire USA announced a price increase that will take effect Aug. 1.
- 2007-06-20 Michelin To Face Truck Tyre Shortage in 2008?
Steadying raw material prices, Michelin’s productivity improvements and increased truck tyre demand could in a “truck tyre shortage,” and therefore increased prices from the company, according to Deutsche Bank analysts.
- 2007-06-21 Incentives Offered for Michelin to Open Thailand Regional HQ
A working group from Thailand's Board of Investment has proposed granting Siam Michelin tax incentives to aid the company – a partnership between the Michelin Group and the Siam Cement Group – establish a regional operating headquarters within Thailand.
- 2007-06-21 Solideal Turkey Rebrands Itself
After two and a half years operating as World Endüstriyel Lastik, Solideal in Turkey changed its name to Solideal Lastik Ticaret Ltd. Sirketi.
- 2007-06-22 Toyo Launches New DOT Competition Tire
Toyo Tire (USA) Corp. has released the new Proxes R888, a DOT-approved race compound competition tire.
- 2007-06-25 Bridgestone to Remain Official Champ Car Tire Through 2009
Bridgestone/Firestone North American Tire (BFNAT) announced that the Bridgestone brand will remain the official tire of the Champ Car World Series through at least 2009.
- 2007-06-25 Sun Tyres Expects 25 per cent Increase in Retread Demand
Sun Tyre Industries Sdn Bhd, a Malaysian retread tyre manufacturer, expects retread demand to go up by 20 to 25 this year.
- 2007-06-25 Strong Truck Tyre Demand Means Short Supply in Europe
Truck manufacturers (Volvo and MAN) are reporting that supplies of truck tyres are running thin.
- 2007-06-25 Dunlop Appeals for Iconic Images to aid Motorsport Safety
Dunlop Tyres is appealing for motoring enthusiasts to submit photography for inclusion in a coffee-table photobook encapsulating the thrill of the drive.
- 2007-06-26 RMA ISSUES TIRE INFORMATION SERVICE BULLETIN FOR USED TIRES
The Rubber Manufacturers Association today issued a Tire Information Service Bulletin to address used tires that have uncertain or unknown history of use, maintenance, and storage conditions. The bulletin applies to used tires purchased as replacement tires or as equipped on a used vehicle.
- 2007-06-25 Nexen Shows New N6000
At Autopromotec, Nexen Tire was showing examples of its extensive range of UHP, SUV and winter tyres.
- 2007-06-26 Fed Urges N.J. Importer to Recall its Chinese Tires
In the latest controversy involving Chinese products, federal regulators are asking a New Jersey company to recall as many as 450,000 imported tires because the product was blamed for an accident that killed two people last year.
- 2007-06-26 Challenge Bibendum Returns to China in 2007
Michelin’s Challenge Bibendum has been seeking solutions to the downside of motoring since 1998, and this year the event returns to the city that last played host in to the Challenge in 2004 – Shanghai, China’s largest city and economic hub.
- 2007-06-26 Hankook’s New European Plant Up and Running
June 26 is to be a red-letter day in the history of Hankook in Europe, as this is the day the company has chosen to officially commence production at its new £340 million facility in Dunaujvaros, Hungary.
- 2007-06-26 Matador signed a contract with Trinec – for installation of new plant
Stefan Rosina – president of Matador Group – signed a contract with the Mayor of Třinec Viera Palkowska, obligating both parties in the construction of another plant of the Matador Automotive.
- 2007-06-27 Six Bridgestone Plants Receive RMA SHIP Awards
The Rubber Manufacturers Association recently recognized six Bridgestone Americas facilities for outstanding safety performance.
- 2007-06-27 Vredestein Fits One Millionth Space Master
Vredestein Banden recently achieved a major milestone by fitting its 1,000,000th Vredestein Space Master spare tyre, supplying the tyre to Audi for use in the Audi A6 All Road.
- 2007-06-27 Kumho Wins LMP2 Class At Le Mans
The LMP2 class-winning Lola Zytek of Binnie Motorsports was shod with Kumho tyres – an historic achievement for the Korean tyre manufacturer, who was competing at the 24 Hours of Le Mans for only the third time.
- 2007-06-28 Hankook to Raise Prices
Hankook Tire America Corp. announced a price increase of up to 7% on its full line of passenger, high performance and light truck tires.
- 2007-06-28 Change in Chinese Export Rules May Lead to More Tire Price Increases
Effective July 1, the Chinese government will reduce, and in some cases eliminate, VAT (value-added tax) refund rates given to companies exporting certain goods out of China.
- 2007-06-29 Foreign Tire Sales Ordered to Recall Chinese Tires; Company May Face Bankruptcy
The National Highway Traffic Safety Administration (NHTSA) has sent Foreign Tire Sales (FTS) Inc. in Union, N.J., a letter stating that it is legally responsible for the recall of nearly 450,000 tires imported from China and threatened penalties of up to $6,000 per violation, with a maximum of nearly $16.4 million.
- 2007-06-29 Allegedly Defective Chinese Tires Still Sold in Canada
CTV News has found imported tires from China prone to tread separation for sale in Canada, despite an ordered recall in the U.S.
- 2007-06-29 Kumho Launches Aroma Tire in Detroit
On July 1, Kumho Tire USA will start a marketing campaign in Detroit to officially launch its Ecsta DX aroma tire.
- 2007-06-29 Illicit Tappers Attack Rubber Plantation in Liberia
Criminal gangs are attacking Bridgestone Corp.’s Firestone rubber plantation in Liberia.
- 2007-06-29 ContiSportContact Vmax in Guinness Book of Records
Continental Tire’s ContiSportContact Vmax has been entered into the Guinness Book of Records as the world’s fastest standard production tire.
- 2007-06-29 Blackcircles Uses Conventional Media to Boost Online Sales
Blackcircles.com’s rapid success, gained through adapting dotcom technology to suit the tire business, is well documented.
- 2007-07-02 Punch International Acquires Wheel Manufacturer BBS
Belgium’s Punch International NV, the diversified industrial holding company headquartered in Sint-Martens-Latem, announced on June 29 that it has taken over BBS, the German developer and producer of lightweight wheels for premium segment sports and passenger cars.
- 2007-07-02 Falcon Tyres, Sumitomo Signs Technical Assistance Deal
India’s Falcon Tyres has signed a technical assistance agreement with Japanese giant Sumitomo Rubber Industries.
- 2007-07-02 Kumho’s Vietnam Latex Facility Ready for Production
Preparations to ready Kumho Tire’s US$4 million latex processing facility in Vietnam have reached their conclusion and on June 28 the new plant began operations.
- 2007-07-02 Michelin Malaysia Anticipating Huge Growth in SUV Tyre Sales
Michelin Malaysia Sdn. Bhd. has its eyes on a 500% growth in SUV tyre sales following the introduction of the Latitude range into the country.
- 2007-07-02 Pirelli Commemorates 60 Years of Ferrari
Iconic supercar manufacturer Ferrari celebrated its 60th birthday in June 2007 and the tyremaker whose association with the company dates back to Enzo Ferrari’s racing days before World War II was on hand to pay tribute to the legendary marque.
- 2007-07-03 Michelin Ends Bias Ag Tire Production, Sales
Michelin North America has decided to discontinue producing and selling bias ply agricultural tires in North America, but will “continue to offer a full line of radial tires for both Michelin and BFGoodrich brands,” the company said.
- 2007-07-03 Nanotechnology Hits: New Yokohama Line Introduced
Yokohama Tire Corp. has introduced the all-new S.drive high performance tire, featuring nanotechnology. Yokohama said the new line is available now through its U.S. distribution centers
- 2007-07-03 Michelin Trades Investment for Added Work
Groupe Michelin said it plans to spend some 250 million euros – approximately $315 million – on upgrading its tire plants in Germany, contingent on workers there agreeing to work an additional 75 minutes each week without increased pay.
- 2007-07-05 BFNAT Launches Safety Scholars Video Contest
Bridgestone/Firestone North American Tire (BFNAT) has launched its Safety Scholars Video Contest.
- 2007-07-05 CITExpo Brings World’s Largest Tyre Market Under the One Roof
China, the world’s leading tyre consumer and producer has in recent years gained significant product market share around the globe.
- 2007-07-05 Webber: Tyres favour Hamilton
Mark Webber believes that Lewis Hamilton's competitiveness has been aided by the new Bridgestone tyres this season. More experienced drivers have had to adjust to the new specification whilst others like team-mate Fernando Alonso and Ferrari rival Kimi Raikkonen are still getting used to the jump from Michelin to Bridgestone rubber. Thus the Red Bull driver thinks that there has been an element of luck to Hamilton's current 14-point lead in the championship.
- 2007-07-06 Maxxis Launches New Victra Z4S UHP Tire
Maxxis International USA has introduced the Victra Z4S ultra-high performance tire, which, Maxxis said, offers handling and traction on wet, dry or snowy surfaces.
- 2007-07-06 Yokohama to Continue as Official WTCC Tire Supplier
Last week, following an invitation to tender, the FIA World Motor Sport Council appointed the Yokohama Rubber Company to supply the control tyre for the 2008 and 2009 FIA World Touring Car Championships.
- 2007-07-12 Yokohama Rubber Traded Immunity for Information in Cartel Case
It has been reported that Yokohama Rubber provided evidence against its former associates involved in the recent price fixing controversy in exchange for immunity, allowing the U.S. Justice Department to the break the international price cartel that included Dunlop Oil & Marine, Trelleborg Industrie SAS and domestic rival Bridgestone.
- 2007-07-09 IPO for Online Tyre Retailer Oponeo.pl
Polish online tyre and automotive products retailer Oponeo.pl plans to issue up to 4 million new shares in an upcoming IPO and spend the proceeds on boosting working capital and the development of its IT systems, the company's chief executive Dariusz Topolewski informed a press conference on July 5.
- 2007-07-09 KeyBanc Raises Goodyear Share Target to $48
KeyBanc has raised its price target for Goodyear Tire & Rubber Co. shares from $39 to $48, maintaining its “buy” rating.
- 2007-07-13 ASA Offers Updated TireMaster Software
ASA Tire Systems has issued Version 7.4.0 of its TireMaster software.
- 2007-07-10 Toyo, Gordon Extend Off-Road Deal
Toyo Tire (USA) Corp. has extended its contract with off-road racer Robby Gordon through 2010.
- 2007-07-10 Goodyear Jamaica to Rebuild With Distribution and Marketing Investment
- 2007-07-13 Cooper introduces Mastercraft premium touring tire
Cooper Tire & Rubber Co. is rolling out the Mastercraft Avenger Touring LSR all-season premium touring tire in two all-season tread design options.
- 2007-07-12 Michelin Energy Saver OE for New Peugeot
When the all-new Peugeot 308 begins to arrive at dealerships, it will most likely be wearing tyres from Michelin’s new Energy Saver range.
- 2007-07-16 8-year F1 run at Indy to end Series left without a race in U.S.
Formula One will not return to the Indianapolis Motor Speedway next year, leaving the international auto racing series without an American event for now, speedway officials said Thursday.
- 2007-07-13 Conti Selected for Land Rover Experience Tour
The Land Rover Experience Tour is considered one of the most challenging tests faced by all-terrain vehicles, and this year, for the first time, the Experience Tour will be run exclusively using 4x4 tyres manufactured by Continental.
- 2007-07-13 Kumho Signs Manchester United Sponsorship Deal
Kumho Tire announced on July 12 that it has signed a sponsorship deal with Manchester United.
- 2007-07-17 Cooper Recalling 92,000 LT Tires
Cooper Tire & Rubber Co. is recalling some 92,000 Dominator Sport A/T tires due to concerns over possible tread separations.
- 2007-07-18 Car Quality Squeezes Mechanics
Rick Carr, the service manager at Buff Whelan Chevrolet in Sterling Heights, Mich., remembers the old days when cars broke down as fast as mechanics could fix them.
- 2007-07-17 Metro Tyres to Offer Share to Conti
India’s Metro Tyres is reportedly willing to offer technical collaboration partner Continental AG a minority stake in its business.
- 2007-07-16 Aftermarket SmarTire TPMS to be Sold Through International Truck
SmarTire announced on July 10 that Dana Corp., its marketing partner for the commercial vehicle market in North America, Australia and New Zealand, will be offering the company’s SmartWave TPMS retrofit kits to International Truck and Engine Corp.
- 2007-07-17 Pirelli Workers At Carlisle Vote To Strike
A report in the local paper the News and Star says that 700 workers at Pirelli's factory in Carlisle have voted to strike on three days in August, after the company said that it was going to outsource five jobs to outside workers.
- 2007-07-17 Conti Truck Tires Get EPA Nod
Three Continental brand medium truck tires have been recognized by the Environmental Protection Agency for meeting its SmartWay environmental specifications.
- 2007-07-20 S. Africa Tire Plants Facing Strikes
At least 6,000 workers at six large tyre manufacturing plants in Port Elizabeth, Kwazulu-Natal and North West in South Africa will strike on Friday, the National Union of Metalworkers of SA (NUMSA) said.
- 2007-07-18 Michelin Puts Media Buying Under One Roof
Michelin North America has taken its North American media planning and buying business and consolidated at a single agency.
- 2007-07-20 Cooper Tire on Track Again to Fight Malaria in Africa
Legendary adventurer Kingsley Holgate, and Cooper Tire have linked up once again to begin another epic humanitarian mission across the African continent, in the continuing fight against malaria.
- 2007-07-19 Hankook Signs on With Chevy Driving Program
Hankook Tire America Corp. has signed on as the official tire sponsorship of Chevrolet’s “Rev It Up 2007: Where Drivers Come to Play” performance driving school and competition program.
- 2007-07-19 Conti Teams With BMW Performance School
Continental Tire of North American is providing tires to the BMW Performance Center and the BMW Performance Driving School, based in Spartanburg, S.C.
- 2007-07-19 European Motorists Warned to Avoid Used Tires on EBay
eBay shoppers looking for a bargain are being warned to steer clear of second-hand tyres being sold on the site, after independent testing revealed that half of the used tyres listed on eBay are too dangerous for use and if fitted to a car could put lives at risk.
- 2007-07-19 Pirelli to Build ‘Next MIRS’ Plant in Italy
Pirelli Tyre is planning to build a state-of-the-art industrial centre in the Settimo Torinese area of Italy, having signed an agreement with the Piedmont regional, Turin provincial, and Settimo Torinese authorities.
- 2007-07-21 Record Exhibitor Numbers at Tyrexpo Asia ’07
Russia’s Alimark Ltd. has become the 140th exhibitor to sign up for September’s TyrexpoAsia exhibition in Singapore, breaking all records for the show as it approaches its 10th anniversary.
- 2007-07-20 Michelin OTR Plant to Enter Production in November
Groupe Michelin’s new OTR earthmoving tyre plant in Brazil is on schedule to produce its first tyre in November.
- 2007-07-20 Hankook to Show New European Made Tyres at IAA
Hankook Tire will showcase its first European-made tyres, low rolling resistance tyres at this year’s 62nd IAA Car Show.
- 2007-07-23 Pirelli Looking East for Tire Growth
Pirelli SpA may be looking to make major tire investments in Eastern Europe and India, based on remarks made by Pirelli Chairman Chairman Marco Tronchetti Provera to reporters while visiting Pirelli’s tire facility in Romania.
- 2007-07-20 Grosvenor Contract Features 2-Year Michelin Deal
Grosvenor Contracts Leasing Ltd., Britain’s largest independent vehicle contract hire company, which is based in Kettering, has extended its contract with Michelin until 2009.
- 2007-07-23 Chinese Conduct Testing; Tubes Fail Badly
The Brunei Times has reported that government tests of some 50 China-made tires and tubes found a high degree of failures.
- 2007-07-24 Sumitomo Expects Much From China
For Sumitomo Rubber Industries Ltd. – Japan’s second largest tyre manufacturer after Bridgestone – the Chinese tyre market has overwhelming potential.
- 2007-07-24 Investment Firm Owns 5% of Nokian
On July 20, Nokian Tyres received news from Grantham, Mayo, Van Otterloo & Co., that as a result of a share transaction concluded the previous day, their ownership increased to 5% of the voting rights and share capital in the Finnish tyremaker.
- 2007-07-25 Hankook Launches New HP Line
Hankook Tire America Corp. has launched the Ventus R-S2 Z212, a new performance line it said was based on its Ventus RSS Z211 race tire.
- 2007-07-25 New Hankook Plant Under Fire from Unions, Locals
Within a month of it opening, the Hankook Tire Corp. factory in the Hungarian town of Dunaújváros has become the subject of labour-law breach allegations.
- 2007-07-25 Goodyear Dunlop Invests in Wolverhampton Machinery
NextTread, the commercial vehicle retread business of the Goodyear Dunlop group, has announced an investment in new machinery at its Wolverhampton plant.
- 2007-07-25 Analysts Expect 41% Michelin Increase
Financial analysts have predicted that Groupe Michelin will give details of a 41% EBIT increase (to 910 million euros) when it publishes details of its first half results on July 27.
- 2007-07-26 Sales Rise, But Goodyear Posts Net Loss for Half
Even as it saw second quarter sales rise some $183 million, Goodyear Tire & Rubber Co. still posted a first half 2007 net loss of $118 million.
- 2007-07-26 Bridgestone Awarded “Superbrand” Status in Germany
The globally recognised independent authority on consumer opinion and branding, Superbrands, has identified the Bridgestone brand as one of the strongest brand names in its 2007 awards in Germany.
- 2007-07-26 Michelin Sets New Uniroyal Tiger Paw AWP II
Michelin North American has introduced the Uniroyal Tiger Paw AWP II, which will come with a 70,000-mile limited treadwear warranty.
- 2007-07-26 New Speed Record for ContiSportContact Vmax
Less than a month after Continental AG was admitted to the Guinness Book of Records for car performance modifier Jan Fatthauer’s 388 km/h dash, which saw the Continental ContiSportContact Vmax officially recognised as the world’s fastest production tyre, a new record using Conti’s performance tyre has been set.
- 2007-07-27 Kumho Plans Major Capacity Boost at New Plant
South Korea’s Kumho Tire Co. already plans to expand annual capacity at its brand new Changchun plant, nearly doubling tire build from 3.15 million to 6.3 million tires.
- 2007-07-27 Maxxis on Interbrand List for Fifth Year
For the fifth consecutive year, Maxxis has made the top 10 of Interbrand’s list of Taiwan’s top global brands. Maxxis ranked eighth on the list.
- 2007-07-31 Michelin Acquiring Oliver Rubber
In perhaps its response to the recently completed purchase of Bandag Inc. by rival Bridgestone/Firestone, Michelin North America has signed a “definitive agreement” to acquire Oliver Rubber Co. from Cooper Tire & Rubber Co.
- 2007-08-01 Toyo Adds 41 News Sizes Across Lines
Toyo Tire (USA) Corp. has added 41 new sizes to a variety of its passenger and light truck/SUV tires.
- 2007-08-01 International Tyres and Trading Right Distributor for Sumo Firenza
The Sumo Firenza is reportedly steadily increasing its sales performance in both the U.K. and European tyre markets and is now considered to be increasingly favoured as a highly competitive choice in the truck tyre sector of the market.
- 2007-08-01 Pirelli UK to Release New Regional Haul Tyres
2007 has been an exciting year in the development of Pirelli’s commercial vehicle tyres, company representatives told Tyres & Accessories.
- 2007-08-03 Yokohama Advan Line Gets M-B OE Nod
Yokohama Rubber Co. said its Advan Sport tires will be OE on a number of Mercedes-Benz models, including the CL 63 AMG, CL 65 AMG and ML 63 AMG models.
- 2007-08-10 Cooper Sales, Profits Up for Quarter
Cooper Tire & Rubber Co. posted record second-quarter sales and quarterly and first-half profits. Cooper’s quarterly sales hit $751 million, up 20% from the same period last year, and first-half sales finished at $1.4 billion.
- 2007-08-09 New TPMS Application Catalog from Schrader
Schrader Bridgeport International has released its new AirAware TPMS application catalog, which covers passenger vehicle applications for TPMS sensors and service packs through 2007.
- 2007-08-10 Bridgestone Sees Sales, Profits Jump for First Half
Bridgestone Corp. saw first-half sales jump 13% and net income increase 61%.
- 2007-08-13 Toyo Sales Up, North America Tire Sales Up
Toyo Tire & Rubber Co. posted its first quarter financials, showing net sales up 12% year-to-year, but net income falling 55.3%.
- 2007-08-13 First Batch Rolls from Hankook’s Hungary Plant
Hankook Tire has shipped its first batch of tyres produced at the company’s maiden European manufacturing operation. Current capacity is reportedly 1 million units, but mass production operations at the factory could be up and running in as little as six weeks. The first batch is reportedly en route to the U.K. and France, two of the manufacturer’s key regional markets.
- 2007-08-13 Automechanika Shanghai – December 2007
Automechanika Shanghai has gained a reputation as one of China's most valuable professional forums for the automotive parts, components and aftermarket industry.
- 2007-08-15 Michelin Building New Tire Plant in Mexico
Continuing its North Americana spending spree, Michelin North America announced plans to build a “state-of-the-art” passenger and light truck/SUV tire plant in Guanajuato, Mexico.
- 2007-08-15 Sumitomo Rubber Reports Half-Year Figures
Sumitomo Rubber Industries has announced its consolidated interim financial results for the period between Jan. 1 and June 30, 2007.
- 2007-08-18 Yokohama Gets Ready for Some Football
Yokohama Tire Corp. is gearing up for the coming pro and college football seasons, announced promotion deals with three NFL teams and two college squads.
- 2007-08-15 Cooper’s Winter Groove
New from Cooper Tire for the upcoming cold season is the recently launched Discoverer M+S Sport, a range of winter tyres introduced to meet the needs of high performance 4x4 vehicles.
- 2007-08-16 Bridgestone Underlines its Commitment to the Environment
With green policies and procedures the subject of widespread debate in the global tyre market, Bridgestone has reiterated its commitment to achieve the highest possible standards of environmental performance.
- 2007-08-16 Dunlop India to Retain Factory Land – For Now
Dunlop India’s battle to retain a legitimate claim to a piece of land at its factory in Ambattur, Chennai has been given a boost by a decision made by a district court in Chennai.
- 2007-08-18 A Strong Argument in Support of Tubeless Tyres
The recent bad press surrounding Chinese made tyres and inner tubes has not deterred one man from giving Chinese tyre products his own unintended and unorthodox vote of confidence.
- 2007-08-20 Michelin Truck Tires Now More Appealing in N.S.
A rule change introduced Aug. 16 by the province will make a double-wide tire produced by Michelin more attractive to local truckers.
- 2007-08-20 Further Expansion Slated for Chinese Goodyear Plant
Further expansion is already planned for Goodyear’s tyre facility in Dalian, China.
- 2007-08-21 Dunlop SA Introduces Hi Tech Sales Tool
Today, people expect more than a basic over the counter ‘buy and sell’ retail experience.
- 2007-08-21 Nokian to Build 300 Flats near Russian Factory
Employees at the Nokian Tyres factory in Vsevolozhsk, near St. Petersburg, will soon have access to affordable accommodation near their place of work.
- 2007-08-22 Halfway Around the World with Cooper Tire
The ruggedness of Cooper Tire 4x4 tyres is being put to the test with an ambitious 40,000-kilometer trek from Cape Town in South Africa to London.
- 2007-08-21 Bridgestone develops new Cooling Fin technology
Japan-based Bridgestone Corporation, engaged in developing, manufacturing and marketing tires and diversified products, has developed a new Cooling Fin technology that expands the vehicle application potential of runflat tires.
- 2007-08-22 Hankook Launching New Tire, Sizes at Truck Show
Hankook Tire America Corp. plans to unveil its newest medium truck tire and extensions to existing lines at this week’s Great American Trucking Show in Dallas.
- 2007-08-22 "Rosava" company has received official confirmation on conformity to production on noise level to the European standards
Among the manufacturers of automobile tyres of CIS the company "Rosava" one of first has received official confirmation on conformity to production on noise level to the European standards. The tyres of a medium-class of series WQ and SQ once again have shown the European degree of quality.
- 2007-08-31 BFNAT Breaks Ground for Largest DC
Bridgestone/Firestone North American Tire broke ground for its one-million-square-foot distribution center in Jacksonville, Fla., the company largest single distribution facility in the U.S.
- 2007-08-23 Yokohama Building Proving Ground in Thailand
Yokohama Rubber Co. is constructing a tire proving ground facility in Thailand. The tiremaker received approval from the country’s Board of Investment, and plans to begin construction immediately.
- 2007-08-25 Michelin India Introduces Regrooving Service
Michelin India has announced it will begin offering a truck tyre regrooving service which it claims will add about 20% to a tyre’s total lifetime mileage.
- 2007-08-24 14 Years and 50 Million Tires Later…
American Car Care Centers Inc. and Michelin North American celebrated their 14-year relationship and the 50 millionth Michelin-produced tire sold to ACCC.
- 2007-08-27 Bridgestone to Expand Capacity at Two Asian Facilities
According to a statement released by Bridgestone on Aug. 22, the company’s subsidiary Bridgestone India Private Limited (BSID) has taken the decision to expand production capacity at its passenger car and light truck radial plant in the city of Indore.
- 2007-08-23 Conti Automotive Systems Opens First “Full-Scale” Engineering Centre in Asia
In a move that acknowledges the importance of Asian manufacturers to global vehicle production, Continental AG’s Automotive Systems Division has opened its first full-scale integrated engineering centre in the region.
- 2007-08-30 OTC Offers Upgraded TPMS Software
OTC has added new software update kits for its OTC Tire Pressure Monitor (TPM), which feature the latest software for the more than 170 models previously covered as well as information on some 100 new 2007 models.
- 2007-08-29 Michelin Rolls Out Regenerating Drive Tire
Michelin North American introduced the XDA5 drive position radial, which it said has a tread design that will “regenerate” itself during use, and will “outlast the drive tire it replaces by at least 30%.”
- 2007-08-27 Michelin Voted Most Recognisable Tyre Brand in the UK
Michelin’s long established heritage and iconic mascot has helped it become one of the most recognisable and best-loved brands on the U.K. market, a phenomenon highlighted by recent survey results released by the Superbrands Council.
- 2007-08-29 Amerityre Introduces New Tire Fill Line
Amerityre Corp. has developed a new tire fill product line for use in commercial tire application.
- 2007-08-28 TyreSafe Declares October ‘Tyre Safety Month’
U.K. tyre safety organisation TyreSafe is co-ordinating a national tyre safety month in October to raise awareness of the crucial role that tyres play in road safety and avoiding crashes, particularly in the wet.
- 2007-08-27 Nokian in Talks to Build Plant in Kazakhstan
Nokian Tyres plc has acknowledged that it is considering building a tire plant in Kazakhstan.
- 2007-09-03 Haltec Joins Nitrogen Support Group
Haltec Corp. has joined the Get Nitrogen Institute (GNI), an organization devoted to promoting the benefits of nitrogen use in tires.
- 2007-08-29 BFNAT Donates Oklahoma City Land for School
Bridgestone/Firestone North American Tire plans to donate 60 acres of land in southwest Oklahoma City near its now closed tire plant to the local school district, according to news reports.
- 2007-08-29 Pirelli Gets M-B Fitment
Pirelli has been named the OE tire for Mercedes-Benz’s ML550/350 and R350/320CDI vehicles, which will be produced at the carmaker’s U.S. plant in Alabama.
- 2007-09-03 Tire Industry Hall of Fame to Welcome Eight New Members
Eight industry leaders will be inducted into the Tire Industry Hall of Fame this year, including the retired leaders of the nation’s two most recognizable companies.
- 2007-08-29 Mickey Thompson Adds New Drag Slick
Mickey Thompson Tires & Wheels has introduced the new ET Drag Slick. The tire will be available in size 33.0/10.5-16 W.
- 2007-08-30 Schrader Launches New TPMS Training Video
Schrader Bridgeport International has introduced its new AirAware TPMS service instructional DVD.
- 2007-08-31 Michelin Mining Essay Contest Opens
Michelin North American is now accepting entries for its third annual Michelin Mining Essay Contest, a program that challenges college undergraduates pursuing a mining-related degree to research and address a topic related to the mining industry.
- 2007-08-31 Yokohama Donates to WWF Japan
Yokohama Rubber Co. donated more than 1 million yen to the World Wild Fund for Nature Japan, an amount matching the total of admissions paid by visitors to LIVE ecoMOTION, a charity music event held on July 29 in Shibuya and contributions collected at the event.
- 2007-09-04 The ContiComfortKit
The ContiComfortKit, a system designed to ensure mobility in the face of tyre failure, can be used with all proprietary car tyres. It is considerably faster and easier to use than conventional systems. The Kit is now available from our Andover and Kingston branches.
- 2007-09-05 BFNAT Plant Pay Plan Rejected
Workers at Bridgestone/Firestone North American Tire plant in in La Vergne, Tenn., firmly rejected a new contract with the tiremaker, bringing questions about the future of the truck and passenger tire plant.
- 2007-09-05 Pirelli’s Telecom Italia Sale Delayed
The sale of Pirelli’s loss-making share in Telecom Italia has been delayed by Brazil’s telecommunications regulator Anatel.
- 2007-09-05 Expanding Retail Business a Priority for Nokian
Finnish cold weather tyre specialist Nokian has told the daily newspaper Aamulehti that it plans to expand its retail business.
- 2007-09-06 Goodyear HQ Evacuated in Bomb Scare
A bomb scare emptied Goodyear Tire & Rubber Co.’s headquarters in Akron on Aug. 31. No bomb was found, police officials said.
- 2007-09-07 Arctic Circle Provides Perfect Winter Tyre Proving Ground
Living in an environment so cold that even a polar bear thinks twice about popping out for a pint of milk can have its advantages.
- 2007-09-04 Indian Tire Industry Set to Clash with Rubber Board
The tussle between the Indian tire industry and the India Rubber Board is set to blossom into a full-fledged war.
- 2007-09-04 Trucking Company Honors Goodyear, Wingfoot Commercial Tire Services
Goodyear Tire & Rubber Co. and its Wingfoot Commercial Tire Systems received Paschall Truck Lines Inc.'s "Maintenance Vendor of the Year" award at the trucking company's annual vendor dinner.
- 2007-09-04 Continental AG: Your Mobility – our Passion
Highlights IAA 2007: Technologies for safe, comfortable and sustainable driving. The Automotive Systems division of the international automotive supplier, Continental AG will present at the international Frankfurt Motor Show (IAA) (Hall 5.1/A16) intelligent and networked safety systems to providing the best possible protection for people in road traffic.
- 2007-09-06 Conti Acquires Chinese Auto Components Firm
Continental AG’s Automotive Systems Division plans to further consolidate its position in China through the acquisition of Zhangjiagang Fugang Heli Electronics Co. Ltd. from China’s Fugang Group.
- 2007-09-06 Bridgestone Gets OE Spot on V8 Hybrid
Bridgestone Turanza EL42 tires have been selected as the OE tire for the new Lexus LS 600h L all-wheel drive luxury hybrid sedan.
- 2007-09-06 Toyo Boosting Prices Oct. 1
Toyo Tire (USA) Corp. said it will raise prices on all of its passenger, performance and light truck/SUV tires by 3% to 5%.
- 2007-09-07 Michelin: European Tyre Volumes Strong in July
- 2007-09-07 Michelin Contemplates MotoGP Withdrawal
Michelin may bow out of MotoGP racing at the end of the current season if the Honda and Yamaha factory teams switch to Bridgestone for 2008, reports Eurosport.
- 2007-09-06 India Tire Exports Register Marginal Growth
India’s tire exports for fiscal year 2006-07 registered a marginal growth of 1.15% at 54,49,560 units as against 53,87,502 units the year before.
- 2007-09-10 Yokohama Looking East for New European Plant
Yokohama Rubber Corp. is apparently considering building a anew tire plant in Eastern Europe, according to news reports.
- 2007-09-10 Goodyear Keeps it Local in China
The recently reported capacity expansion plans for Goodyear’s Dalian plant in China – to 17,000 tyres a day or 10% of global production – will mostly be supplied from local sources.
- 2007-09-08 Cooper To Boost Tire Prices
Cooper Tire & Rubber Co. plans to increase pricing on all of its passenger and light truck/SUV tires by up to 4%.
- 2007-09-10 Conti Tire on M-B C-Class for Driving Events
Continental AG’s ContiSportContact 3 has been named the “official tire” of Mercedes-Benz USA’s C-Drive national ride-and-drive series, featuring the automaker’s redesigned C-Class sedan.
- 2007-09-08 BFNAT Sponsors Construction Challenge Team
Bridgestone/Firestone North American Tire is working with construction companies and groups to help students learn more about careers in the construction industry by sponsoring a high school team for the AEM Construction Challenge.
- 2007-09-10 Hankook Sets Price Increases of Up to 4%
Hankook Tire America Corp. is raising prices on all of its consumer tires – passenger, high performance and light truck/SUV – by up to 4%.
- 2007-09-10 Brembo, Sabelt Team Up in JV
Performance brake system maker Brembo SpA and Sabelt SpA, maker of racing seat belts and child safety products, have formed a joint venture to produce and market special accessories for motor vehicles and motorcycles.
- 2007-09-10 BBC Top Gear Presenters Race on Dunlop Tyres
The BBC Top Gear team of Jeremy Clarkson, Richard Hammond and James May made their endurance racing debut this past weekend at Silverstone in the annual Britcar 24 Hour race.
- 2007-09-10 Pirelli ‘Green Circles’ Fitted to Fiat Concept Car
‘Green’ appears to be the unofficial colour of the Frankfurt Show, with a number of manufacturers choosing to display their concept of a low environmental impact vehicle.
- 2007-09-10 Yokohama's S.drive on Brabus-Tuned Smart Car
Yokohama’s S.drive tire has been approved for OE fitment on the new Smart-Brabus GmbH Smart FourTwo Brabus. The car will be sold in Eirope, Japan and Australia.
- 2007-09-11 U.S.-China to Sign Quick Recall Pact
NHTSA and the Chinese government will sign an agreement Sept. 12 that will help speed the recall of defective auto parts.
- 2007-09-11 U.S. Trade Group to Visit Bridgestone HQ
The U.S. state of Ohio is keen to let Bridgestone know that they are welcome in its part of the world.
- 2007-09-11 Nine Dealers Face-Off in Dunlop Drivers Cup Qualifier
Nine tire dealers will take to the track and compete at Virginia International Raceway for the Dunlop Driver Cup. The race-off will be held Sept. 18-20.
- 2007-09-11 Vredestein expands its all-season tyre range with the new Quatrac 3
· World first: the first all-season RunFlat tyre
· Available from September
- 2007-09-12 Michelin Has Aggressive Plans for New Green Tire
Groupe Michelin used the 2007 the International Motor Show in Frankfurt to unveil its new Energy Saver tire line, which it claims will dramatically reduce carbon emissions and cut fuel consumption.
- 2007-09-12 Cars With Bald Tyres Crushed
The DVLA and Police have seized 270 vehicles with potential deadly hazards, such as bald tyres, in South Yorkshire.
- 2007-09-12 Fast Wear Costs Apollo Tyres in Fine
Asia Pulse has reported that Apollo Tyres has been ordered to pay Rs 10,000 by the Delhi Consumer Commission foralleged tire defects.
- 2007-09-12 India signs F1 track deal in London
India has now signed a commitment to build a grand prix circuit in Delhi.
- 2007-09-13 BFNAT Video Contest Winners Named
Bridgestone/Firestone North American Tire has announced the winners of its first Safety Scholars Video Contest.
- 2007-09-13 Michelin Sweeps J.D. Power OE Awards
Michelin swept every segment of the 2007 J.D. Power and Associates 2007 Original Equipment Tire Customer Satisfaction Study.
- 2007-09-13 RMA Starts Online Tire Care Course
RMA has created a downloadable tire care course aimed at teen drivers and driver’s education instructors.
- 2007-09-14 SmarTire Sues TPMS Makers Over Patent Dispute
- 2007-09-14 Pirelli to Invest in Tyre Unit After Olimpia Sale
Pirelli SpA chairman Marco Tronchetti Provera is planning to pay of the company’s debt and invest in its tyre unit with cash from the planned sale of its Olimpia unit.
- 2007-09-14 Alcoa Sells Stake in Chalco for $2 Billion
Aluminum producer Alcoa Inc. sold its nearly 7% stake in Chalco, China's largest aluminum maker, for $2 billion. Alcoa said it would continue to invest in the aluminum industry in China, where it currently manufactures foil, fasteners, automotive components and other products.
- 2007-09-14 New Lambo Super Car Features Alcoa-Made Wheels
Alcoa Wheel Products has been named the exclusive wheel supplier for the new super-exotic Lamborghini Murcielago Reventon.
- 2007-09-17 Yokohama Launches Eco Treadsetters Social Network Site
Yokohama Tire Corp. launched Eco Treadsetters, a consumer online social network focused on environmental issues.
- 2007-09-17 Goodyear Gadsden Plant Plans to Expand
Goodyear Tire and Rubber Co. will begin construction next week on a 204,000-square-foot expansion of its 78-year-old plant in Gadsden, Ala., which company officials say will keep it operating for years to come.
- 2007-09-17 Turanza Now OE on New Chrysler Minivans
The Bridgestone Turanza EL40002 will be the OE tire on the 2008 Chrysler Town & Country Limited.
- 2007-09-17 Recycling Tires Into Roof Tiles
Trials of a new roof tile may offer the possibility of an innovative tiling material using recycled rubber from used tires, according to a trial funded by the U.K.’s Waste & Resources Action Program.
- 2007-09-17 DRT, Amerityre Team Up on Sand Race Tires
Amerityre Corp. is licensing its technology to Desert Research Technology Inc., giving DRT the exclusive, worldwide rights to manufacture paddle-type sand tires featuring Amerityre's polyurethane elastomers.
- 2007-09-18 Car Manufacturers Must Now Share Info With Independent Garages
The European Commission has moved to ensure that car manufacturers will provide technical information about car repairs to all independent garages in the European Union.
- 2007-09-18 Goodyear Wins Evo Tyre Test
The new Goodyear Eagle F1 Asymmetric has taken its first major independent tyre test victory, with Evo magazine declaring the latest Goodyear ultra-high performance tyre as the winner in a comparison of nine brands.
- 2007-09-18 Michelin Wins Frost & Sullivan Consumer Choice Award
Europe has overwhelmingly cast its vote in favour of the tyre brand it regards as the safest and most durable, Michelin, putting the company miles ahead of the competition.
- 2007-09-18 Akron Begins Formal Work on New Goodyear HQ, Retail Area
Akron City Council took the first steps toward creating a new area for Goodyear’s world headquarters yesterday, approving a measure to acquire 20 properties on the city’s east side to be converted into office and retail space.
- 2007-09-18 Indian Carmaker Looks at Jag, Rover
News reports confirm that Indian automaker Tata Motors is interested in acquiring iconic British auto companies Land Rover and Jaguar, which Ford Motor Co. has put up for sale.
- 2007-09-18 BFNAT Adds New On-/Off-Highway Radial
Bridgestone/Firestone North American Tire has launched the new Bridgestone L320 on-/off-highway drive radial.
- 2007-09-19 Analysts: Goodyear Poised for Growth
- 2007-09-19 FIA Reveals Tyres Played Role in McLaren Ferrari Scandal
FIA has released details of the e-mail conversation between driver Fernando Alonso and Pedro de la Rosa that led to McLaren being excluded from this year’s Formula One constructor’s championship amid accusations of spying.
- 2007-09-19 Yokohama Line Sponsors Driving Program
Yokohama's Advan brand will serve as the presenting sponsor of Hooked on Driving at Thunderhill Raceway in Willows, Calif.
- 2007-09-21 GOODYEAR FOREST PARTY
On Friday, September 21, Goodyear Dunlop Tires Ukraine in collaboration with Matador – K (Матадор-К) firm held the GOODYEAR FOREST PARTY – the presentation of brand-new models for winter 2007-2008 season.
- 2007-09-21 Bridgestone starts building plant in Poland
Bridgestone Corp. has begun construction on its medium truck and bus tire plant near Stargard, Poland. The factory will start production in early 2009.
- 2007-09-24 Toyo Gets Spots on Toyota Hybrid
Toyo Tire (USA) Corp. will supply tires for the new 2008 Toyota Highlander Hybrid Limited.
- 2007-09-24 BFS Increasing U.S., Canada Prices
Bridgestone/Firestone North American Tire and Bridgestone/Firestone Canada are increasing prices on all Bridgestone, Firestone, Fuzion and associate brand tire lines by up to 4%.
- 2007-09-24 Auto Express Awards Goodyear HydraGrip ‘Best Buy’ in Tyre Test
The Goodyear HydraGrip has been awarded ‘Best Buy’ in the family car tyre market after winning the UK’s biggest independent comparison test of tyre performance and safety.
- 2007-09-24 Yokohama Opens First Advan Service Center
Yokohama Tire Corp. has opened its first Advan Service Center at the Tire Man location in Thousand Oaks, Calif. The new center was officially opened Sept. 22.
- 2007-09-24 Continental Factory Produces 50 Millionth Tyre
The 50 millionth tyre has rolled off the production line at Continental’s Timisoara tyre plant.
- 2007-09-24 Bridgestone’s ‘Steady Growth’ in Europe
At the recent IAA motor show in Frankfurt Bridgestone discussed details of its ongoing major investment programme for 2007, supporting its long-term plan for steady growth in Europe.
- 2007-09-24 Attendance Up at Tyrexpo Asia
The organisers of Tyrexpo Asia, ECI International, have announced that this year’s attendance figures broke all previous records.
- 2007-09-24 Hankook Will Follow Hungarian Labour Law, Says Premier
South Korean Prime Minister Han Duk Soo has reportedly put pressure on Hankook to adhere to Hungarian labour laws.
- 2007-09-24 Siemens VDO Brings Piezo TPMS Technology to IAA
While many attended the IAA in Frankfurt to admire the crisp styling of the latest vehicle models and concept cars, for others the technology lying beneath the skin of a car is every bit as beautiful.
- 2007-09-25 Europe will soon require TPMS
With America’s tyre manufacturers and retailers still unhappy with the National Highway Transport and Safety Administration’s (NHTSA) rule-making on TPMS, signs are that Europe too will soon require its new vehicles to be equipped with tyre pressure monitoring systems.
- 2007-09-25 Matador conquers Russian roads. Moscow – Vladivostok 2007.
After successful expeditions to Ukraine, Romania, Albania and etc. Matador takes part in an autocross “Scout Experience”, which way goes by Russian roads. Ten cars Škoda Octavia Scout tyred up into Matador MP 43 Aquilla Evo made their route from Moscow to Vladivostok during 04 - 20 of August 2007. Total distance is more than 9700 km. The cars crossed 7 time zones.
- 2007-09-22 Tyre manufacturers to issue reaction
MotoGP's three tyre manufacturers are expected to make an official response to Dorna's single tyre rule proposal at Motegi later today.
- 2007-09-27 Vredestein Develops a World First Design
Vredestein, which already offers expertise in the field of all-season tires, introduced the world’s first all-season tire available with RunFlat technology, the Quatrac 3.
- 2007-09-29 Tyrexpo Asia 2007 ‘Comes of Age’
Increased visitor numbers representing a wider variety of countries and greater numbers of exhibitors taking extra floor space, were the top-line highlights that contributed to a record-breaking sixth Tyrexpo Asia exhibition at the Singapore Expo Centre recently (11-13 Sept. 11-13).
- 2007-09-29 TUV Test: Michelin Tyres Have Longest Life
Michelin car tyres have the longest life according to Auto Express. Tests carried out by independent testing body TUV Sud, and witnessed by Auto Express, compared Michelin tyres with six of their main European competitors.
- 2007-09-29 Cooper Heads into Third A1GP Season
The 2007 sporting season has been the year for World Cups, and Cooper Tire is about to embark on its third season with the World Cup of Motorsport, A1GP. Zandvoort, in The Netherlands, will host the opening race event of A1GP’s third season, on Sept. 30.
- 2007-09-29 Michelin Launches 'New' Dealer Program
Michelin Americas Small Tires is launching a new Alliance Associate Dealer program for 2008, which represents a shift in the way the company does business with both distributors and dealers of its passenger car and light truck replacement tires.
- 2007-09-29 Sumitomo’s Maximum Performance Tire to Debut at SEMA 2007
The new HTRZ III, Sumitomo Tire’s latest offering in its HTR line of performance products, delivers enhanced traction, exceptional handling and a new level of maximum performance in more than 30 popular sizes.
- 2007-09-29 Advantage PressurePro and Ride-On Join Forces
TPMS maker Advantage PressurePro and Inovex Industries Inc., manufacturer of the tire sealant Ride-On, have formed a partnership to provide customers a complete solution for tire pressure problems.
- 2007-09-29 New First Stop Website
The site has been designed to cater for the growing number of independent tyre retailers signing up to the First Stop network – the loyalty programme of Bridgestone UK.
- 2007-09-29 Pirelli Raises U.S. Prices
Citing increasing raw material, energy and logistic costs, Pirelli Tire North America is raising prices an average of 5 percent for all passenger and light truck tires.
- 2007-09-29 Continental Publishes Winter Truck Tyre Guide
Continental Tyres has put together a comprehensive guide to the differing tyre requirements British truck and coach operators expecting to run their vehicles in European countries this winter have to meet.
- 2007-09-29 Toyo to Sponsor Men’s Basketball
Toyo Tire (USA) Corp. has finalized a three-year deal to sponsor the Pac-10 men’s basketball regular season and conference tournament, which will be telecast on Fox Sports Net.
- 2007-09-29 Bridgestone Presents Interior Motives Award
For a second successive year, Bridgestone has sponsored the ‘Best Safety Innovation’ category in an annual competition organised by Interior Motives magazine for automotive design students from around the world.
- 2007-10-01 Goodyear Opens New Pilot Center
Goodyear’s Wingfoot Commercial Tire Systems has opened a new Pilot Truck Care Center in Temple, Ga.
- 2007-10-01 Panic in Detroit: 2007 Auto Sales to be Down
Industry analysts say that 2007 may end up being the worse ever year for new car sales.
- 2007-10-01 BFG Reups With SCORE as Official Tire
Michelin North America has signed a extension agreement to keep its BFGoodrich brand as the official tire of the SCORE International and Desert Racing Series.
- 2007-10-02 County Council to Consider Tax Break for Michelin Expansion
Michelin North America is seeking tax incentives from Anderson County for a $25 million investment in its Starr and Sandy Springs, S.C., facilities.
- 2007-10-01 Bridgestone Firestone adds to Dueler line
Bridgestone Firestone North American Tire LLC (BFNT) has added to its Dueler line with the Bridgestone Dueler A/T 695.
- 2007-10-02 Pneu-Logic Signs Supply Agreement with Rema Tip Top
Pneu-Logic, the U.K.-based tyre division of Advanced ID Corp., has entered into a strategic supply agreement with Rema Tip Top as a global reseller of Pneu-Logic’s line of technology products.
- 2007-10-02 Goodyear Gemini Hosts Women's Car Care Clinics in October
Recognizing this month’s National Fall Car Care Month, Goodyear Gemini is hosting free Women’s Car Care Clinics in major market locations throughout the U.S.
- 2007-10-02 New Fastener Vows to End Wheel-Offs
ITW CIP has introduced the Pacnut, a laminated nut designed to internally deflect and help eliminate wheel-offs on commercial trucks and trailers.
- 2007-10-05 Bridgestone Ready for Some Football – as NFL’s Official Tire
Bridgestone/Firestone North American Tire’s Bridgestone brand has been named the official tire of the NFL.
- 2007-10-05 Michelin Tables Plant Reorganisations and Closures for France, Spain
Groupe Michelin has outlined plans affecting the company’s operations in France and Spain.
- 2007-10-05 Fifth Gear Host Keys Worn Tire Videos
The U.K.’s leading online tire retailer etyres is teaming up with the host of the Popular Fifth Gear TV show to produce two consumer-focused videos showing the dangers of driving on worn tires.
- 2007-10-05 Dunlop India Confirms Aero Tyre Plans
Dunlop India has reiterated its intention to re-enter the aero tyre market.
- 2007-10-08 European Reorganisation will Reduce Michelin’s Capex, says Deutsche Bank
Deutsche Bank has provided comment on the recently announced Groupe Michelin closures and restructuring.
- 2007-10-08 Freightliner Changes Corporate Name
Freightliner LLC has decided to change its corporate name to Daimler Trucks North America, effective Jan. 7, 2008.
- 2007-10-08 Goodyear Philippines Plans Factory Upgrade, Seeks Retail Investors
Manufacturing facilities at Goodyear’s operations in the Philippines are likely candidates for an upgrade, according to the president of Goodyear Philippines David Morin.
- 2007-10-08 Arnco Boosts Liner Production
Arnco says it has “significantly expanded” production of its QuikGel polyurethane liner.
- 2007-10-08 Kremenchuk Technical Carbon Plant To Export Its Products To Bridgestone Affiliate In Turkey In 2008
Next year the Kremenchuk technical carbon plant (Poltava region) is planning to start selling its products to the Turkish affiliate of Bridgestone, a major world producer of automobile tires.
- 2007-10-09 Michelin Evacuates Employees’ Families from Algeria
Michelin has decided to evacuate the families of French nationals in its employ in Algeria because of concerns for their safety.
- 2007-10-09 Cooper Research Scientist Honored
Dr. John Luchini, a research scientist for Cooper Tire & Rubber Co., was awarded the Superior Paper of 2006 honor by The Tire Society. It marked the second time Dr. Luchini has won the award.
- 2007-10-09 Bridgestone Starts Run-Flat Mass Production in South Africa
Bridgestone Corp. has announced that Bridgestone South Africa (Pty) Ltd., has started the mass production and shipping of run-flat from its Brits, factory.
- 2007-10-09 Toyo Adds Super Wide Size to Line
Toyo Tire (USA) Inc. has rolled out new sizes for its M320 super wide medium truck tire line – 425/65R22.5.
- 2007-10-09 Discount Tire Gives Consumers a Wheel Preview
Discount Tire Co./America's Tire Co. has introduced a new online application for consumers.
- 2007-10-10 Sumitomo Backs New Line With Numbers Focus
Sumitomo Rubber Corp. is supporting the launch of its new HTRZ III UHP line with a comprehensive launch campaign.
- 2007-10-10 U.K. Firm Touts New N2 System at SEMA
U.K. company Pneumatics Components Ltd. (PCL) will make its first SEMA Show appearance with its new Accura mobile nitrogen tire inflation system.
- 2007-10-10 Titan Hosting Tire Auction for FFA
Titan Tire is hosting the second Titan/Goodyear and Georgia FFA Foundation tire auction on Oct. 17.
- 2007-10-10 Canadian Retreader Goes With MRTI
Brampton, Ont.’s Tiremaster Ltd. has switched from the Bandag retreading process to Michelin Retreading Technologies’ process.
- 2007-10-11 Hankook previews new UHP tire in Korea
Hankook Tire Co. Ltd. gave a sneak preview of its new ultra-high performance passenger tire, the Ventus V12 Evo, during a ride-and-drive event held earlier today near its plant in Geumsan, South Korea.
- 2007-10-11 Yokohama Points to New Winter Tyre Engineering Breakthrough
Did you know that it is actually more hazardous to drive on ice when the temperature is between -6 and 0 degrees Celsius than when temperatures are colder?
- 2007-10-11 Big O Tires Awards Scholarships to 11 Students
Big O Tires and its Big O Tires Scholarship Fund awarded 11 college students with college scholarships.
- 2007-10-12 Michelin to Create 1,000 New Jobs in Poland
Michelin Poland is to open a new tyre-making line, a logistics centre and production centre in Olsztyn.
- 2007-10-12 Bridgestone Blizzak Named Official Tire of Winter
Introduced in North America in 1992, the Bridgestone Blizzak, developed in the 1980s for the Japanese market, is still the best winter tire available, according to Bridgestone Firestone North American Tire.
- 2007-10-12 Goodyear Named Tire Supplier for International Truck
The Goodyear Tire & Rubber Company announced its commercial tires are now available for specification on all International Truck & Engines vehicles, and the company has been named an International Truck primary tire supplier.
- 2007-10-12 Toyo Launches Second Major Ad Campaign in 2007
Following their successful second quarter ad campaign to coincide with the launch of the company’s new Versado LX luxury passenger car tire; Toyo Tire (U.S.A.) Corporation has launched a second major ad campaign in the fourth quarter of 2007 to promote their Open Country line of light truck and SUV tires.
- 2007-10-15 Nokian – New Generation Winter Tyres Easy on Fuel
Much of Europe is currently getting ready for the seasonal change to cold weather tyres, and while many drivers assume that winter tyres increase a car’s fuel consumption, Nokian says that the truth may come as a positive surprise.
- 2007-10-16 Michelin Aiming for 15 Million Tyres a Year in Poland
The previously reported Michelin expansion in Poland will see capacity at the company’s Olsztyn plant boosted to 15 million units a year, claims Deutsche Bank’s Equity Research division.
- 2007-10-16 Lamborghini Selects Beru for TPMS
Automotive engineering specialists Beru F1 Systems has announced that it is supplying its award-winning digital tyre pressure monitoring system (TPMS) DigiTyre to Lamborghini for the Gallardo and Murciélago platforms.
- 2007-10-16 Viking Online Ordering Up 100%
Viking International’s improved Web site and online ordering facility appears to be on the up, with number of online orders doubling year-on-year and the number of site visitors increasing “significantly,” according to the company.
- 2007-10-17 Michelin Plant Makes 100 Millionth Radial
Michelin North America’s Bridgewater, N.S., plant produced its 100 millionth tire recently.
- 2007-10-19 Nokian Tyres participate in building a new factory in Kazakhstan
Nokian Tyres has signed an agreement on the 19 October 2007 with the Kazakhstanian multi-industrial company Ordabasy Corporation JSC in order to build a greenfield passenger car tyre factory in Kazakhstan.
- 2007-10-20 Bridgestone to invest 1.3 trln yen over 5 yrs-paper
Bridgestone Corp, Japan's largest tyre maker, will invest 1.3 trillion yen ($11 billion) over five years from 2008 to boost output around the world to meet increasing demand, the Nikkei newspaper said on Saturday.
- 2007-10-22 Yokohama Holds Opening Ceremony for Onomichi Second Plant
The Yokohama Rubber Co. held an opening ceremony for the second plant of its Onomichi facility on October 22.
- 2007-10-22 ETRMA Proposes Voluntary Road Noise Reduction Levels
The European Tyre and Rubber Manufacturers’ Association (ETRMA) has delivered its letter of commitment concerning the reduction of environmental impact resulting from tyres and further measures to increase road safety to the European Commissioner for Enterprise, Günther Verheugen.
- 2007-10-24 CMA to Open First N.A. Warehouse
China Manufacturers Alliance has opened its first North American distribution center.
- 2007-10-24 Tire Technology Expo 2008 to be Largest Ever
The organisers of the Tire Technology Expo 2008 are confident that next year’s show will be the largest yet and boast its best ever conference programme and speaker line-up.
- 2007-10-24 Yokohama Gets OE Spots
Yokohama Rubber Co. announced two new OE fitments for its tires.
- 2007-10-25 Kumho Launching New Luxury Touring Line
Kumho Tire USA plans to launch a new luxury touring tire at the upcoming SEMA Show.
- 2007-10-25 T&E Releases Position Paper on Tyre Noise Regulations
The European Federation for Transport and Environment (T&E) has released a position paper on improving tyre noise in response to the European Commission’s invitation for public consultation on the topic, made in preparation for the drafting of new regulations.
- 2007-10-26 Dunlop Falken Develops Tire Made of 97% Non-Petroleum Materials
Dunlop Falken Tires Ltd. of the Sumitomo Rubber Group unveiled "Enasave 97" at the 40th Tokyo Motor Show 2007.
- 2007-10-26 New Run-Flat From Yokohama
Yokohama Tire Corp. will unveil its new Advan ZPS run-flat at next week’s SEMA Show.
- 2007-10-26 Wrangler MT/R Military Edition tire gains Humvee fitment approval
Goodyear Tire & Rubber Co. received fitment approval from the United States military for its new Wrangler MT/R Military Edition tire.
- 2007-10-28 Continental AG to invest $216 mln in China plant
Germany's Continental AG said it plans to invest about 150 million euros ($216 million) to build its first tyre manufacturing plant in China to boost sales in the world's second-largest auto market.
- 2007-10-28 Dunlop Launches SEMA With Two New Tires, New Sizes
Goodyear’s Dunlop brand group spent the days leading up to the SEMA Show doing a little showing off, demonstrating two new high performance tire lines at a special pre-SEMA driving event for dealers and media.
- 2007-10-29 Hankook Launching Z-Rated UHP
Hankook Tire America Corp. is using the SEMA Show to roll out its new Ventus V12 Evo K110.
- 2007-10-31 SEMA Show, Day Two: New General Grabber will compete off-road
Continental Tire North America Inc. is putting its new General Grabber competition tires to the test. In 2008, the tires will compete in major off-road events.
- 2007-10-30 Goodyear Reports Record Third Quarter Results
Sales up 3% to all-time record on strong pricing, product mix Segment operating income up 35% to record $382 million Income from continuing operations is $159 million Cost savings programs on target, nearly $900 million achieved to date Gain of $517 million on sale of Engineered Products business
- 2007-10-30 SEMA Show, Day One: NHTSA says it's looking at TPMS for heavy vehicles
An offical from the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration (NHTSA) says tire pressure monitoring systems for heavy vehicles are a distinct possibility.
- 2007-10-30 Toyo Introduces the Proxes R1R Designed For Extreme Performance
Toyo Tire (U.S.A.) Corporation introduces the Proxes® R1R™, an extreme performance tire for sports coupes and sedans. The Proxes R1R provides the ultimate dry weather traction for the enthusiast driver who wants maximum performance from his/her car.
- 2007-10-31 SEMA Show, Day One: General Grabber HTS borrows from its racing counterparts
Continental Tire North America will complete its General Grabber light truck and SUV tire line with the introduction of the Grabber HTS in the second quarter of 2008.
- 2007-10-31 SEMA Show, Day Two: Cooper unveils light truck/SUV tire
On display this week at Cooper Tire & Rubber Co.'s Specialty Equipment Market Association (SEMA) Show booth is a new light truck/SUV tire, the Zeon LTZ.
- 2007-11-01 SEMA Show, Day Three: Kumho Ecsta V710 line receives a makeover
Kumho Tire U.S.A. Inc. is not only adding eight sizes to its Ecsta V710 D.O.T.-approved competition tire, but also revamping the line, at least a little.
- 2007-11-01 SEMA Show, Day Three: Toyo race tire is designed for off-track performance, too
Toyo Tire (U.S.A.) Corp. introduced the Proxes R1R, an extreme performance tire designed for sports coupes and sedans. The Proxes R1R provides "the ultimate dry weather traction for the enthusiast driver who wants maximum performance from his or her car," said the company.
- 2007-10-31 SEMA Show, Day Two: new Goodyear Eagle boasts Active CornerGrip technology
Goodyear Tire & Rubber Co. is showing off its latest ultra-high performance tire, the Eagle F1 Asymmetric, at this week's Specialty Equipment Market Association Show.
- 2007-11-03 Bridgestone Aircraft Radial Tires Mounted on First Production Model of Airbus A380 Next-generation Super-jumbo Jetliner
Bridgestone Corporation announced today that aircraft radial tires produced by Bridgestone Corporation were installed on the first A380 next-generation super-jumbo jetliner produced by Airbus S.A.S. (president: Mr. Thomas Enders; headquarters: Toulouse, France) and delivered to Singapore Airlines for flight service between Singapore and Sydney starting October 25.
- 2007-11-02 Sumitomo Introduces Maximum Performance Tire
Sumitomo’s new “We’ve Got Your Number” campaign features the release of the all-new HTRZ III tire, a maximum performance tire designed to fit a wide variety of vehicles.
- 2007-11-05 Kumho Plans to Lift Capacity by One Fifth
Plans are afoot to increase Kumho Tire’s global capacity by 20% in the coming year.
- 2007-11-02 SEMA Show, Day Four: Nexen rolls out N6000 UHP tire
Nexen Tire America Inc. is displaying a new ultra-high performance summer tire, the N6000, at this week's Specialty Equipment Market Association (SEMA) Show.
- 2007-11-06 Toyo Adds 26 Sizes to Line-Up
Toyo Tire (USA) Corp. has added 26 sizes to its line-up of passenger and light truck/SUV tires.
- 2007-11-06 TIA Joins Ebay for New Tire Portal, Member Contact Area
TIA Struck a deal with online mega-selling eBay that will incorporate TIA member information into eBay’s vehicle and vehicle part area.
- 2007-11-07 New Automated Bridgestone Plant Opens in Mexico
Grand opening ceremonies were held yesterday to inaugurate Bridgestone Americas Holding Inc.’s new automated tire plant in Mexico. Operated by subsidiary Bridgestone Neumáticos de Monterrey, S.A. de C.V., the plant, located in Monterrey, Mexico, is the first outside of Japan to feature Bridgestone Corp.’s BIRD automated production technology.
- 2007-11-08 Continental Warns Against Pirated Reproductions
Only a week after the U.S. Tire Industry Association announced at the SEMA Show in Las Vegas its “policy resolution” regarding look-alike tyres, Continental AG has released its own statement on the issue of counterfeit products.
- 2007-11-08 Manac Names Bridgestone Standard OE Tire
Trailer manufacturer Manac Inc., based in St. Georges, Quebec, has selected Bridgestone as the standard tire for its Manac and CPS trailer brands.
- 2007-11-09 Toyo Shares Plunge Following Revelation of False Test Data
Share prices for Toyo Tire & Rubber plummeted following revelations that the company falsified data related to the fire resistance tests conducted on some of its building products.
- 2007-11-09 Analysts Question Cooper’s Underlying Performance
In an analytical note entitled “When Will Nonrecurring Items Not Recur?” Deutsche Bank market watcher Rod Lache remarked he was disappointed with Cooper Tire & Rubber Co.’s “underlying performance.”
- 2007-11-09 U.S. Looking at Anti-Counterfeiting Agreement with Trade Partners
During a press conference on Capitol Hill, U.S. Trade Representative Susan Schwab announced that the U.S. and several key trading partners are looking to negotiate a trade agreement to strengthen the worldwide fight against counterfeiting and piracy.
- 2007-11-09 Conti Adding Sizes to UHP Line
Continental Tire North America is adding 40 sizes to its ContiSportContact 3 tire line.
- 2007-11-14 Michelin to End Pax System R&D
Groupe Michelin described it as “revolutionary” and “our biggest technological breakthrough since we patented the radial tyre in 1946,” yet news indicates that the French manufacturer is turning its back on the product about which it once said “we haven’t been this proud since we invented the radial.”
- 2007-11-16 Goodyear Modernizing Taiwan Plant
News reports say that by the end of this year Goodyear will spend NT$300 million on new production equipment for its tire plant in Taoyuan, Taiwan.
- 2007-11-19 Conti Hooks Up With Vietnam Tiremaker
According to reports out of Southeast Asia, Continental AG has arranged an off-take agreement with Vietnam tiremaker Southern Rubber Industry Co., which will produce Continental-branded tires for export to Europe.
- 2007-11-20 Michelin Doubling Truck Tire Capacity in China
Groupe Michelin says it will double production of heavy truck tires in China by 2010 to meet growing demand in that country.
- 2007-11-08 Tyre Technology – What’s Next?
People often ask me what drew me to the tyre business. Why, the dynamism, creativity and sophistication of the industry I promptly reply.
- 2007-11-20 Most Extreme Maserati to Wear Dunlop SP Sport Maxx GT
It is considered the most extreme Maserati of all time – with 755 horsepower under the bonnet and a maximum speed of 202 mph – and it is designed exclusively for the racetrack.
- 2007-11-20 MRF Releases Silica Based PCR Range
India’s largest tyre manufacturer, MRF, has unveiled a new high performance passenger line. Called the MRF ZSLK, the tyre features a silica reinforced compound that is said to reduce rolling resistance, thus providing economic and green benefits.
- 2007-11-21 Sentaida International Acquires ZT Wholesale
The Zisser Tire Co. has entered into an agreement with Sentaida International for the purchase of the Zisser Tire Wholesale operation.
- 2007-11-21 Michelin Hiking Prices
Michelin North America is increasing prices on its medium truck, retreaded tires and agricultural tires, effective Jan. 1.
- 2007-11-23 Bridgestone to raise tyre prices in Japan
Top Japanese tyre maker Bridgestone Corp said on Thursday it would raise prices on March 1 for replacement tyres, tubes and flaps in Japan, and for winter tyres on April 1.
- 2007-11-23 NHTSA to tire importers: 'Know your suppliers'
If there's one lesson to be learned from this year's Chinese tire recall, it's this, says Daniel Smith, associate administrator for the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration (NHTSA): know your tire suppliers and know your obligations in the event of a problem with their products.
- 2007-11-26 US Ruling Requires Manufacturers to Prove Harm from Subsidised Exports
A U.S. trade panel ruling has provided a glimmer of hope for Chinese tyre manufacturers facing the prospect of tariffs imposed upon their products.
- 2007-11-27 Michelin, Double Coin Reach Settlement
Michelin North America and China Manufacturers Alliance have entered into a settlement agreement resolving MNA’s claims of infringement of intellectual property rights.
- 2007-11-27 Pirelli Opens New China Plant
Pirelli SpA has started operations at its 100 million euro passenger tire plant in Yanzhou, China.
- 2007-11-27 Government Relations in Hungary on Track, Assures Hankook
A representative from Hankook Tire has commented on published news that the company’s operations in Hungary had been penalised by the Hungarian government as a result of violating national law.
- 2007-11-27 Conti: Casumina Tyres are for Asian Market
Continental AG has published a clarification of press coverage that suggested it had signed a five-year deal to import 170,000 truck tyres into Europe from the Casumina factory in Vietnam.
- 2007-11-27 Toyo Gets OE Spot on Murano
Toyo Tire (USA) Corp. has gained OE positions on the new 2009 Nissan Murano.
- 2007-11-27 Delticom Pre-tax Profits up 69%
Delticom AG, Europe’s leading Internet tyre retailer, has increased revenues by approximately 34% year-on-year in the first nine months of this year to 146 million euros (2006: 108.9 million euros).
- 2007-11-30 German Winter Tyre Sales Down, Reports Association
Germany has long been presented to U.K. motorists as the ‘poster boy’ for winter tyre sales in Europe, but it appears that this year the market boasting a winter segment accounting for around half the total passenger car tyre sector is shaping up to be somewhat lacklustre.
- 2007-11-28 Underinflated Tyres Continue to Waste Billions in Fuel
Efforts to educate on the benefits of correctly inflated tyres seem to be falling upon deaf ears – Groupe Michelin has found that almost 80% of cars on British roads are running with incorrect tyre pressure and over half have levels are considered dangerous.
- 2007-11-29 Pirelli Negotiating Share Buyback
Company chairman Marco Tronchetti Provera confirmed that Pirelli SpA is in talks to repurchase a 39% stake in its tire unit.
- 2007-11-29 General Altimax RT Tops Tire Rack Test
Continental Tire North America’s General Altimax RT finished best among four “standard touring all-season” tires tested by Tire Rack.
- 2007-11-29 2008 Pirelli Calendar Launched in China
Pirelli SpA launched its 35th anniversary version of the famed Pirelli Calendar this morning in Shanghai.
- 2007-11-29 New Members Join TyreSafe
Tyre distributor, Yokohama HPT Ltd., tyre wholesaler Group Tyre (UK) and manufacturer of tyre inflation equipment, Pneumatic Components Ltd., have all agreed to become TyreSafe supporters in 2008, joining the original 14 tyre companies and retailers responsible for forming the organisation at the start of this year.
- 2007-11-28 Bridgestone To Supply Run-Flat Tires As Standard Equipment For NISSAN GT-R
Bridgestone Corporation announced today that it will begin supplying POTENZA RE070R RFT Run-Flat tires (RFT) for factory installation as standard equipment on the NISSAN GT-R, which is scheduled to be released to the U.S. market in June 2008.
- 2007-11-30 New Trade Deal With China May Impact Tires
In a new trade deal, China will eliminate “improper” trade subsidies it was allegedly using to prop up profitable trade with the U.S., to the detriment of local and foreign companies.
- 2007-12-01 Study Shows Nokian Most Productive European Auto Company
According to an article published in the German periodical Manager Magazin, of the 500 largest stock exchange listed companies in Europe, Nokian Tyres is the most productive company in the automotive sector.
- 2007-10-23 New MAK wheels for the UK
The UK distributor for the Italian MAK range of replacement alloy wheels, Yokohama HPT Ltd, has announced three new models for the UK market. All three capture the manufacturer’s flair for design and epitomise MAK’s reputation for quality and longevity.
- 2007-01-13 New Wheel: TSW Sakata 4 & 5
The UK distributor for TSW wheels has announced that the TSW Sakata 4 and Sakata 5 will be joining the UK line-up.
- 2007-12-02 Goodyear conducts 'precautionary campaign' for 400,000 tires
Goodyear Tire & Rubber Co. is conducting a precautionary customer satisfaction campaign to exchange certain size P215/70R14 tires sold under a variety of names in the United States and Canada.
- 2007-12-04 WTO Rules Brazil Must Allow Retread Imports
A World Trade Organization appeals panel ruled Dec. 3 that Brazil did violate international commerce rules by restricting importation of retreaded tires from Europe.
- 2007-12-04 Beru Develops Bus TPMS for Harsh Winters
Automotive engineering specialist Beru Systems has developed a specific bus tyre pressure monitoring system for Canadian firm Nova Bus and their new Nova LFS Artic bus.
- 2007-12-04 Bridgestone/Firestone Closing Mexico Plant
Less than a month after taking the wraps off its new automated tire plant in Mexico, Bridgestone Americas Holding has opted to close its existing tire plant in Mexico City.
- 2007-12-04 Conti Adds Sizes to HP Line
Continental Tire North America has added seven sizes to its ContiSportContact 2 high performance line.
- 2007-12-05 Goodyear HQ Project to be Announced Today
At a press conference scheduled for this morning, Goodyear Tire & Rubber Co. is expected to reveal its plans to keep its world headquarters in Akron.
- 2007-12-05 Goodyear Launches Armor Max Commercial LT Tires
Goodyear Tire & Rubber Co. has launched four all-new commercial-duty light truck tires featuring its Armor Max technology.
- 2007-12-05 Conti Purchase of Siemens VDO Officially Concluded
The Continental AG concluded its purchase of Siemens VDO Automotive AG on Dec. 3, four days after the EU Commission issued its unconditional approval.
- 2007-12-05 CGS Buys Compound Manufacturer
The CGS group, which includes Mitas (tyre production), Rubena (technical rubber products) and Buzuluk (machinery and equipment for the rubber industry), has recently acquired a full ownership stake in the company Konty G, with compounds manufacturing facilities in Zlín, Czech Republic.
- 2007-12-06 Goodyear Building Larger Retread Plant in Ontario
To meet what it sees as increasing needs for retreaded OTR tires, Goodyear Canada Inc. is building a new retread plant in North Bay, Ont.
- 2007-12-06 Pirelli to Raise Prices in Several Export Markets
Pirelli Tyre reports that price increases of up to 10% are planned for all passenger car, SUV and truck tyre lines sold in Middle East, Africa and Asia Pacific markets, effective as of Jan. 1, 2008.
- 2007-07-19 Three new TSW wheels for the UK market
The Demon is a ten-spoke wheel, featuring five pairs of flat-faced and hard-edged spokes running to the very outside edge of the wheel rim. Not only does this enhance the sense of size of the wheel but gives it an aggressive and purposeful feel; perfect for performance or modified cars.
- 2007-12-07 General's Exclaim UHP Adds New Sizes
The terms “ultra-high performance” and “all-season” are no longer mutually exclusive, thanks to the introduction of General Tire’s new Exclaim UHP radial.
- 2007-12-07 Lion Forest to Buy 70% of Silverstone
Lion Forest Industries Bhd is reportedly proposing to buy up to 70.64% of Silverstone Corp. Bhd two years after its proposal to acquire the latter’s tyre business was rejected by the local Securities Commission despite an appeal.
- 2007-12-07 RIAL introduces the new summer wheel BARI
RIAL BARI is a design wheel with ten spokes which run in a star form to the outer edge of the rim flange.
- 2007-11-26 RAVENNA – The new summer wheel from RIAL
The new wheel styling of RAVENNA is characterised through a bi-colour surface structure.
- 2007-01-19 New Wheel: MAK XLR
The UK Distributor for MAK wheels has introduced the XLR, MAK's latest lightweight and motorsport-inspired alloy wheel to the UK market.
- 2007-12-10 Alcoa Opens New Hungary Production Line
Alcoa officially opened its new Dura-Bright forged wheel production line at its Hungary factory in early November.
- 2007-12-10 Japan’s Trade Commission Issues Order Against Rubber Hose Cartel
Japan’s Fair Trade Commission is taking steps against Bridgestone and four international companies that have since May been under the spotlight for rubber marine hose price fixing.
- 2007-12-11 Goodyear Announces New Strategic Business Unit
The Goodyear Tire & Rubber Company has announced the formation of a new strategic business unit, combining the former regions of European Union (EU) and Eastern Europe, Middle East and Africa (EEMEA).
- 2007-12-12 U.S. Adds Duties to China-Made OTR Tires
The U.S. Department of Commerce has opted to impose countervailing duties – at least initially – on new OTR tires imported from China, saying the makers of those products benefited financially from Chinese government subsidies.
- 2007-12-12 BFGoodrich Bows Out of WRC with a Splash of Colour
As the curtains are drawn on a multi-tyre WRC series, BF Goodrich has thanked teams loyal to the brand with a unique gift not available in the shops – specially made coloured tyres.
- 2007-12-13 Bridgestone to Increase Prices in all European Markets
- 2007-12-15 NASA and Goodyear Awarded Funding to Develop Non-Pneumatic Tire for the Moon
· NASA Glenn Research Center and Goodyear granted Seed Funding · Step Change Technology required for "Universal" Mobility · Joint Lunar, Mars project capability could yield "Earthly" rewards
- 2007-12-21 Delticom Forecasts 21% Increase in Revenues
German based online tyre retailer Delticom AG has published its forecast for the current fiscal year 2007 as a reaction to industry figures published yesterday by the German Tyre and Vulcanisation Industry Association BRV, as well as in response to what the company calls irritations in the financial markets with regards to the course of Delticom's business during the current fourth quarter.
- 2007-12-18 Cooper to Increase Prices
Cooper Tire & Rubber Co. announced a price increase of up to 5%, which will vary between product lines for all customers, effective February 1, 2008.
- 2007-12-19 Energy Bill Now Law: Tires to be Affected
President Bush today signed a sweeping energy law that includes creation of a so-called “fuel efficiency consumer information program” for consumer tires.
- 2007-12-20 Bib Gets First Corvette OE Fitment
Michelin has earned its first OE fitment on a Corvette, with its new Michelin Pilot Sport PS2 TM ZP (zero-pressure) tires on the 2009 Corvette ZR1.
- 2008-01-02 Continental Opens 100th Dealership in China
Continental Tire opened its 100th dealership in China in mid-December.
- 2008-01-02 OTR Shortage Leads to 300% Price Hike in Two Years
Those buying OTR tyres in the Middle East are likely to encounter further price hikes of 20% to 30%.
- 2008-01-02 ASA Issues Updated TireMaster
ASA Tire Systems has released version 7.5.0 of its TireMaster software.
- 2008-01-02 New WRC Tyre Specifications in 2008
As Pirelli begins its role as single supplier WRC for the next three years, beginning with the 2008 season, the Italian manufacturer has announced the following rule changes the FIA has made affecting tyres.
- 2008-01-03 New Winter Tire Test Videos Available
Transport Canada, the Automobile Protection Agency (APA) and the Rubber Association of Canada co-created a video series to demonstrate how winter tires improve winter driving safety.
- 2008-01-03 Yokohama Shods New Mitsu Evo
Yokohama A13C tires are standard equipment on the new 2008 Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution, introduced during the recent Greater Los Angeles Auto Show.
- 2008-01-04 TireLogic Goes Digital
Goodyear has taken its TireLogic truck industry customer magazine to the digital world.
- 2008-01-04 MNA Announces Price Increases
Fast-rising raw material, energy and transportation costs have pushed Michelin to announce price hikes in North America and Japan.
- 2008-01-04 WRX STI on Dunlop Performance Tires
The 2008 Subaru Impreza WRX STI sold in North America will sport Dunlop SP Sport 600 radials.
- 2008-01-04 Goodyear Puts Wings on New GPS System
Goodyear has licensed its name to appear on a series of NCC-produced GPS navigation systems.
- 2008-01-07 Goodyear Hiking Prices
Goodyear Tire & Rubber Co. has informed its dealers that it is raising prices on all of its passenger and light truck/SUV tires by up to 7%.
- 2008-01-07 Winter Driving School Hits the Big 25
The Bridgestone Winter Driving School, located in Steamboat Springs, Colo., is celebrating its 25th anniversary this year.
- 2008-01-07 Hercules to Launch 3 New SUV Lines
Hercules Tire International president Joe Recchia has announced that the Canada-based company will use its Tyrexpo Africa exhibit to introduce three new SUV lines.
- 2008-01-07 Optimism Returning to the Market
“It was fantastic to see optimism returning to the agricultural tyre market in 2007. Despite all the problems that farmers faced last year, the better wheat and milk prices seem to have steadied the ship,” comments Barry Coleman, Firestone’s marketing manager.
- 2008-01-08 Conti Sets April Price Hike
Continental Tire North America is raising prices on all of its branded and private brand passenger and light truck/SUV tires up to an average of 7%, effective Apr. 1.
- 2008-01-08 Alarming Results From NTDA Driver Survey
The NTDA has called on small business car users to take a more responsible attitude to tyre maintenance after results of a survey issued this week showed that over 70% of vehicles in this sector were running on cars with tyre problems.
- 2008-01-08 BFNAT Invests in Bloomington Plant
Bridgestone/Firestone North American Tire is making a significant financial investment in its Bloomington, Ill., Off Road Tire plant that will allow the plant to produce new off road tire sizes and double the facility’s giant loader tire curing capacity.
- 2008-01-09 Continental to Relaunch ContiNetwork
When Tyres & Accessories recently attended Continental's annual media briefing, we expected to hear details of the previous year's market statistics and product trends.
- 2008-01-09 Pirelli Now Producing Full Line-up in China
Currently nine of the world's 10 largest tyre manufacturers have their own production bases in China.
- 2008-01-09 Discount Tire, Enkei Team on Formula D Wheel
Enkei International has partnered with Discount Tire to offer the Enkei FD-05, named the official wheel of the Formula Drift series.
- 2008-01-04 Continental to build brake test site in Hungary
According to the daily Napi Gazdaság, Germany’s car parts maker Continental AG will build a testing grounds for electronic braking systems (EBS) and their components in Hungary, near city Veszprém, through an investment of billions of forints.
- 2008-01-10 ContiSportContact 3 high-tech tyres combines safety with design excellence
Hanover, November 2007. The Design Center Stuttgart has bestowed one of its most prestigious awards to the ContiSportContact 3. The jury was won over by the combination of high-tech and safety features, and excellent design. After being whittled down to 62 finalists from a total of 206 entrants, the sports tyre finally received the silver medal.
- 2008-01-10 Apollo Tyres to Double Radial CV Tyre Production
Apollo Tyres has announced it is planning to double commercial vehicle (CV) tyre production capacity at its Vadodara plant.
- 2008-01-10 Sealant, TPMS to be Marketed Together
TPMS-maker Advantage PressurePro and Inovex Industries, manufacturer of Ride-On Tire Sealant, have joined forces to co-market their products.
- 2008-01-10 Laugfs to Enter Pneumatic Tyre Market - Reports
- 2008-01-11 Waste Protocols Project was set in UK
The Waste Protocols Project is a joint Environment Agency and WRAP (Waste & Resources Action Programme) initiative funded by the Department for Environment, Food and Rural Affairs (Defra), Business Resource Efficiency and Waste (BREW) Programme.
- 2008-01-11 Conti to Build New Automotive Plant in India
Continental AG is looking to boost its India operations and broaden the range of products it offers to customers in the region following its recent buyout of Siemens’ VDO unit.
- 2008-01-11 Toyo Releases Findings of Compliance Reporting Investigation
On Jan. 8 Toyo Tire & Rubber issued its findings from an internal investigation into the company's urethane-based heat-resistant building construction material business, and announced an action plan to ensure future compliance with all laws, regulations, company policies and rules.
- 2008-01-11 Investment Fund Secures 5.5% Stake in Goodyear
According to a filing lodged with the Securities and Exchange Commission in the US on January 8, the share in Goodyear Tire & Rubber held by New York-based hedge fund TPG-Axon Capital Management LP now stands at 5.5%.
- 2008-01-11 Bridgestone OE for 2008 Highlander
Bridgestone-brand Dueler H/L 400 tires are original equipment for Toyota’s all-new, next-generation Highlander SUV.
- 2008-01-11 Lionax Reaches DPS Development ‘Milestone’
Lionax, the first Chinese company listed on the Euronext pan-European stock exchange, announced on Jan. 7 that it has reached a “key milestone” in its quest to develop the industry's leading next generation Digital Pressure Sensor (DPS), a critical component in TPMS systems in terms of both function and cost.
- 2008-01-11 Yokohama Tires to Play Part in ‘Speed Racer’
Yokohama Rubber Co., Ltd., announced that it has concluded a product placement agreement for the latest Hollywood film by the Wachowski brothers - Speed Racer, scheduled for release in major international markets in May and in Japan in July.
- 2008-01-11 Automechanika Thailand Set for March 2008
Automechanika Thailand, the leading international trade fair for the automotive parts, components and aftermarket industry in Thailand, is scheduled for March 6–9, 2008 at the IMPACT Exhibition and Convention Centre, Bangkok.
- 2008-01-14 Bridgestone Designs Tire for Hummer HX Concept
Bridgestone/Firestone North American Tire, in cooperation with General Motors, has designed a Dueler concept tire for the Hummer HX concept sport utility truck, introduced by GM at the 2008 North American International Auto Show.
- 2008-01-14 ECI Raises ‘Full house’ Sign As Tyrexpo Africa '08 Sells Out
The ‘full house’ signs went up at Tyrexpo Africa ’08 this week as organizers of the international tyre and equipment show found room for a clutch of final exhibitors for the March 4-6 event in Johannesburg’s Sandton Convention Centre.
- 2008-01-14 Marangoni Aims to Take Tuning Market by Storm
Marangoni has announced major sponsorship deals with Santa Pod Raceway at Autosport International 2008.
- 2008-01-14 Tyre Recycling Faces a Reptilian Delay
The businessman behind plans for a tyre recycling facility in the Barrow docks area is hoping to begin set up work on the project by February despite a last-minute environmental hurdle.
- 2008-01-14 PCL Joins TyreSafe
Pneumatics Components Ltd. has pledged support for campaign group TyreSafe as part of its drive to promote tyre safety amongst consumers.
- 2008-01-14 MRF Likely OE Partner for World’s Cheapest Car
The Ninth Auto Expo in New Delhi was selected as the venue for the January 10 launch of the world’s cheapest car, India’s Tata Nano.
- 2008-01-14 Conti Renews Uniroyal UK Distribution Agreement
The partnership established in 2000 between Continental Tyre Group and Uniroyal Truck Tyres UK, granting exclusive rights to distribute Uniroyal brand truck tyres throughout the UK & Ireland, has been extended for a further five years.
- 2008-01-11 Cooper to sponsor bull riding series
Cooper has been named the official tire of the Professional Bull Riders Inc.'s 2009 Ford Built Tough Series.
- 2008-01-13 Kumho gets first major OE supply contract with…
Kumho Tire U.S.A. Inc. will ship some 400,000 tires to Chrysler LLC as part of its first major original equipment contract in North America. The company made the announcement at the Kumho Dealer Meeting in Rio Grande, Puerto Rico.
- 2008-01-14 Toyo unveils new sizes for race tire
Toyo Tire U.S.A. Corp. has rolled out two new sizes for its Proxes R888 R-compound tire to fit the Lotus Exige and Elise.
- 2008-01-15 Apollo Unveils First Winter Tyres
At Auto Expo 2008 in New Delhi, India, Onkar S. Kanwar, chairman and managing director of Apollo Tyres, unveiled the company’s first winter tyres – Acelere Ice and Hawkz Ice – meant for passenger vehicles and 4x4s, making Apollo the first Indian tyre company to manufacture winter tires.
- 2008-01-15 Michelin Sets Theme for 2009 Challenge Design
Michelin has announced the 2009 theme for its global vehicle design competition, Michelin Challenge Design, asking entrants to explore the future of transportation and share their brave and bold vision for “America's Next Iconic Vehicle.”
- 2008-01-14 Dunlop Control Tyre for New UK GT Cup Series
The organizers of the new GT Cup racing series have chosen Dunlop Motorsport as the sole tyre supplier to the inaugural series.
- 2008-01-16 Michelin to Double Capacity at Romanian Plant
Production capacity at Michelin’s Victoria Floresti factory in Romania will reportedly double over a two-year period to eight million units.
- 2008-01-16 Apollo to Build in Hungary, Eyes Europe and N.A. Markets
Apollo officials said they have been evaluating various options for a European manufacturing hub to service the European and North American markets.
- 2008-01-16 Cheap Biofuel From Tyres
General Motors Corp. is planning to produce biofuel from garbage at a cost of less than a dollar a gallon.
- 2008-01-16 Lanxess Releases New Tyre Additive
Specialty chemicals group Lanxess has developed a new high-performance rubber additive.
- 2008-01-16 Chinese Car Makers Have Plans For U.S. Market
There are five Chinese car manufacturers exhibiting at the Detroit auto show – five times as many as at last year's event – and they have plans to sell their products in the U.S. market.
- 2008-01-16 South Korean Manufacturer Signs OE Deal
Hankook Tire Co. signed a deal to supply OE tires for the new Volkswagen Tiguan SUV.
- 2008-01-17 Pirelli, Banks Get Closer to Tire Share Deal
Pirelli SpA remains serious about buying back the 39% stake in its global tire operations it sold off to a group of banks in 2006.
- 2008-01-17 Yokohama Signs Deal for Europe Test Track
Yokohama Rubber Co. has signed a lease deal with Spain’s IDIADA Automotive Technology SA that will give the tiremaker access to IDIADA’s new test track.
- 2008-01-18 Pirelli Reaches Back for New Line
Pirelli Tyre is bringing back a familiar name, and putting 100 million euros behind it.
- 2008-01-18 European, U.S. Tyre Sales Reveal Mixed Results
Sales of summer passenger car tyres throughout Europe in 2007 are said to have increased by 3% over 2006 figures, which in turn were a 2.5% increase over those recorded in 2005.
- 2008-01-18 Eagle F1 Asymmetric Wins Tire Rack Test
Tire Rack testing showed that Goodyear’s new Eagle F1 Asymmetric bested three competitive tires in the tire and wheel seller’s “max performance” category.
- 2008-01-21 Michelin: OE Customers Prepared to Pay Extra for Green Tyres
Analysts from the Societe Generale report that Michelin representatives have, during a Roadshow event, expressed the opinion that OE manufacturers would be prepared to spend extra for environmentally friendly “green tyres.”
- 2008-01-21 Lanxess India to Begin Tyre Chemical Production in 2010
Specialty chemicals group Lanxess AG intends to invest 50 million euros in relocating production of rubber chemicals from Thane, in the Indian state of Maharastra, to Jhagadia, in Gujarat.
- 2008-01-17 Bridgestone Motorsport Jerez Test Summary
The Jerez race circuit in Spain was the location for Bridgestone Motorsport to begin its three-year tenure as Official Tyre Supplier to the FIA Formula One World Championship as nine of Formula One's eleven teams attended the first test of 2008 on January 14-16.
- 2008-01-20 Goodyear cited for safety violations
Goodyear Tire & Rubber Co. has been penalized a proposed $52,000 in fines by the U.S. Department of Labor’s Occupational Safety and Health Administration for five safety violations discovered during an inspection of the company’s manufacturing facility.
- 2008-01-22 Dunlop India Hopeful for Fresh OE Agreements
Dunlop India is reported to be seeking fresh OE deals. According to the Times of India, the Ruia Group has entered into talks with India’s largest commercial vehicle maker, Tata Motors, regarding a truck tyre deal.
- 2008-01-22 Bridgestone to Increase PCR Capacity in Thailand
Bridgestone Corp. has announced that its subsidiary in Thailand, Thai Bridgestone Co. Ltd., will boost capacity at its Nong Khae passenger car tyre facility.
- 2008-01-22 Reports: EU Legislation Will Kill Budget Tyres
New EU regulations could lead to “type approval” of tyre specifications on CO2 emissions, effectively pushing out economy options that perform lower than the premium brands in this respect.
- 2008-01-23 Van Man’s Best Friend!
BFGoodrich has launched its new Activan range of van tyres that have been specifically designed to cope with the arduous operating conditions faced by tyres fitted to these vehicles.
- 2008-01-23 Yokohama Sues Hangzhou Zhongee
Bloomberg has reported that Yokohama Rubber Co. has sued China's Hangzhou Zhongee Rubber Co., accusing it of copying a patented tread design.
- 2008-01-23 Hankook Sales Up, Ordinary Income Down in 2007
Hankook Tire reports positive sales and operating income results for 2007. The tyremaker has recorded sales of 2.253 trillion won (£1.2 billion), an increase of 9.2% on its 2006 results.
- 2008-01-24 The new, studless alternative for Nordic winter driving: Nokian Hakkapeliitta R
Nokian Tyres offers the widest range of winter tyre sizes on the market: 44 sizes ranging from 14” to 20”. The Nokian Hakkapeliitta R will be available in tyre outlets in the autumn of 2008. The key market areas for the tyre are the Nordic countries and Russia.
- 2008-01-24 Pirelli Reveals New WRC Winter Tyres
Pirelli’s tyre range for this year’s FIA World Rally Championship has been completed with the addition of two new winter tyres.
- 2008-01-24 2007 Online Tire Sales Exceed Forecast
TireTrader, the innovative e-commerce suite offering developed by Signal Extraprise Corp. that simplifies ordering, streamlines the distribution network, reduces costs, and provides competitive advantage, processed over $113 million in sales during 2007.
- 2008-01-24 Goodyear Plans Production Cutback in France Due to Lack of Competitiveness
The Goodyear Tire & Rubber Company today announced that its European Union business unit is planning to reduce tire production at its two factories in Amiens, France, because their costs are not competitive.
- 2008-01-24 Nokian Hakkapeliitta R SUV – new friction tyre for safe and enjoyable SUV driving in the winter
Retail sales of Nokian Hakkapeliitta R SUV tyres will begin in the Nordic countries, Russia and other major market regions of Nokian Tyres in the spring of 2008.
- 2008-01-25 Goodyear Wants Zero Waste to Landfills
Goodyear launched a new initiative to completely eliminate shipping its tire plant waste to landfills.
- 2008-01-25 New Super Wide from BFNAT
Bridgestone/Firestone North American Tire has launched a new super wide on/off highway radial. The Bridgestone L315, according to BFNAT, was “engineered for long mileage, superior traction and outstanding flotation.”
- 2008-01-25 66 Million Additional Euros Earmarked for Nokian’s Russian Facility
Russia’s AK&M Information Agency reports that investment in the second stage of the Nokian Tyres facility in Vsevolozhsk, Russia, will this year be increased by 66 million euros.
- 2008-01-28 Bridgestone Hikes Prices, Looks for Fast China Growth
Bridgestone Corp. plans to expand its retail presence in China even as it announced a round of prices increases in that country.
- 2008-01-28 Double Coin to Open New Truck Tyre Factory
Double Coin Holdings Co. plans to open a new truck tyre factory in the final quarter of 2008.
- 2008-01-28 Hakkapeliitta Truck E Points to New Truck Tyre Range
Nokian Tyres introduced the Hakkapeliitta Truck E a new tyre for trucks and buses, designed for the most demanding winter conditions.
- 2008-01-28 Tyrexpo Asia 2009 Opens for Business 6 Months Early
Tyrexpo Asia 2009, ECI International, have distributed more than 10,000 thousand brochures about the seventh staging of the popular tyre and equipment show.
- 2008-01-25 Bridgestone Valencia test summary
The Valencia race circuit in Spain played host to Bridgestone's medium compound Potenza for ten of Formula One's eleven teams for the second test of 2008 on January 22-24.
- 2008-01-29 Kumho U.S. Plant Signing Today
Asia Pulse reported today that Kumho Tire Co. has signed an investment contract to build a new passenger/light truck tire plant near Macon, Ga.
- 2008-01-29 BFNAT Takes Increase Mar. 1
Bridgestone/Firestone North American Tire is boosting prices on its Bridgestone, Firestone and associate brand lines by up to 8%.
- 2008-01-29 Hankook Claims to be “Fastest Growing” Manufacturer
Hankook Tire claims it was, in terms of sales, the world’s fastest growing tyre manufacturer in 2007.
- 2008-01-29 Michelin to Increase its Share in Tigar Tyres by 30%
According to a report printed in French newspaper Les Echos, Michelin will gradually increase its share in Serbia’s Tigar Tyres from 64% to 94%.
- 2008-01-29 Conti Boosting Matador Plant Production
Continental AG plans to invest some $37 million to expand production at its plant in Slovakia.
- 2008-01-30 Deal Signed – Kumho Coming to America
In ceremonies yesterday, Kumho Tire Co. formally signed an agreement to build a $225 million tire manufacturing facility on a 127-acre site in Sofkee Industrial Park in Macon, Ga.
- 2008-01-30 Analysts: High Raw Material Prices Protect Tyre Manufacturer Margins
Following Bridgestone/Firestone’s recent decision to increase prices in North America, Deutsche Bank analysts have observed that high raw material prices are allowing the leading players to indirectly influence market prices.
- 2008-01-30 Polish Firm Buys Colway Brand
The Colway brand and equipment owned by County Durham-based C-Tyres have been bought by Polish retread company, Mark Gum.
- 2008-01-30 Michelin Gets OE on Russian Toyotas
Groupe Michelin will be the OE tire supplier for Toyota Camry sedans produced at Toyota’s new plant near St. Petersburg, Russia.
- 2008-02-01 Conti Says Profits Have Come to Passenger/LT Side
Continental Tire North America says its passenger/light truck tire division will finish 2007 in the black for the first time in a decade.
- 2008-02-01 BFNAT Wants New Tech Center, Akron or Nashville Possible
Bridgestone/Firestone North American Tire wants a new technical center, and is considering either building new facilities in Akron or Nashville, or trying to rehabilitate its nearly 100-year-old existing facility in south Akron.
- 2008-02-01 Conti to Supply General Lines to Canadian Tire
Continental Tire North America announced a business relationship with mega-retailer Canadian Tire, which will take on two new General tire lines later this year.
- 2008-02-01 Barrick to Fund Yokohama OTR Tyre Expansion
Further to the Jan. 30 announcement that Yokohama Rubber has signed an OTR tyre supply agreement with Barrick Gold Corporation, the mining giant disclosed it has provided Yokohama with financial assistance to upgrade its facilities in preparation for supply.
- 2008-02-01 Pirelli Looking at Second Romania Plant
Reports say that Pirelli Tyre plans to build a second plant in Romania, a 200 million euro plant in Slatina.
- 2008-02-02 Bridgestone Acquires NZ’s Largest Independent Tyre Retailer
Bridgestone has boosted its retail presence in New Zealand through the acquisition of the 19 outlets operated by Tony’s Tyre Service, the country’s independent tyre retailer.
- 2008-02-04 Squirrel, Celebs Boost Bridgestone Ads
At $2.7 million for a 30-second slot, Super Bowl ads are a huge gamble for corporations.
- 2008-02-04 DuraSeal in New Goodyear Trailer Radial
Goodyear has added its DuraSeal self-sealing technology to a new line haul radial – the Unisteel G316 LHT.
- 2008-02-04 New Passat CC Launched with Self-Sealing Tyres from Continental
The new four-door Passat CC, premiered at the Detroit Motor Show, will roll off the production line equipped with self-sealing Continental tyres.
- 2008-02-05 Goodyear Announces New Assurance Tire
The Goodyear Tire & Rubber Company announced it will add a third product offering in its popular, award-winning Assurance® line of tires. The announcement was made during the Goodyear Dealer Conference, an annual gathering of the company’s North American retail network.
- 2008-02-05 Michelin Invests $6.8 Million to Improve Fuel Economy
Michelin is investing $6.8 million in a research and development project focused on further improving vehicle fuel economy by reducing tire rolling resistance.
- 2008-02-05 CSEasy Nominated for Innovation Award
Continental’s CSEasy is apparently causing a stir in the materials handling world.
- 2008-02-05 Yokohama Tire to Introduce Two New Truck Tires
Two new Yokohama commercial truck tires will make their debut at the Technology & Maintenance Council's (TMC) annual meeting and trade show, Feb. 4-6 at the Orlando Convention Center (Booth 2023).
- 2008-02-05 Par Logistics and Advantage PressurePro Announce Real Time TPMS
Par Logistics Management Systems, a subsidiary of Par Technology, along with Advantage PressurePro LLC, are pleased to announce the introduction of the first real time tire pressure management system for the transportation industry.
- 2008-02-05 Toyo to Increase Prices
Effective March 1, 2008, Toyo Tire U.S.A. Corp. will increase pricing on consumer and commercial products up to 6%.
- 2008-02-06 Michelin Improves Best-Selling Regional Truck Tire
Michelin Americas Truck Tires has taken its best-selling, industry-leading regional tire, the all-position Michelin XZE tire, and made it better.
- 2008-02-06 Conti Tires OE for 2008 BMW Models
Continental will supply tires as original equipment for a variety of 2008 BMW models.
- 2008-02-06 Goodyear Offers NASCAR Experiences and Scholarships
As the exclusive tire supplier of NASCAR's three largest series, Goodyear Tire & Rubber Co. unveiled the Goodyear Racing and Diversity Program, an initiative the company started to provide high school students with a once- in-a-lifetime opportunity to experience the many career paths offered through the sport of NASCAR.
- 2008-02-06 Kumho Predicts $1/2 billion in 2008
Kumho established its European base in Frankfurt, Germany in January 1978; now three decades later, the South Korean tyre manufacturer is aiming to celebrate its 30th anniversary with half a billion dollars worth of European sales.
- 2008-01-29 MazdaSpeed Teams up with BP fnd Yokohama
MAZDASPEED Motorsports Development used the American Le Mans Series (ALMS) Winter Test to unveil their 2008 colors, reflecting the addition of two new partners. BP and Yokohama Tire Corporation have joined the B-K Motorsports Lola B07/46-Mazda MZR-R LMP2 team with multi-year partnerships.
- 2008-02-07 BFNAT Safety Scholars Video Contest Kicks Off
What do robots with road rage and text-messaging nutcracker dolls have in common? They were the stars of the teen-created winning videos of the 2007 Safety Scholars Video Contest sponsored by Bridgestone Firestone North American Tire.
- 2008-02-07 Kumho Develops Specialist Rally-Raid Tyre
Kumho Tyres was ready to steal a march on its competitors by producing a special 18-inch Rally Raid tyre in time for the cancelled 2008 Lisbon-Dakar Rally.
- 2008-02-07 G-Power Claims World Record on Dunlop Tyres
G-Power has claimed that its souped-up BMW M5, the 360-km/h G-Power Hurricane is the fastest in the world.
- 2008-02-08 Toyo Adds 30 Sizes to Lines
Toyo Tire USA Corp. has added 30 new sizes to its lines of passenger and light truck/SUV tires, including to its Proxes, Open Country and Versado products.
- 2008-02-10 Bridgestone Firestone Introduces The Bridgestone Potenza™ RE760 Sport™
Bridgestone Firestone North American Tire, LLC (BFNT) introduced the Bridgestone Potenza RE760 Sport today. The latest addition in the Bridgestone Potenza lineup is on display at the 2008 Chicago Auto Show in the Bridgestone Americas booth (#NH1).
- 2008-02-10 Bridgestone Potenza G019 Grid Calls Chicago "My Kind Of Town" With Chicago Auto Show Debut
A sporty new member of the Bridgestone brand family of tires made its debut today at the 2008 Chicago Auto Show. The Bridgestone Potenza™ G019™ Grid with UNI-T® technology will be on display through Sunday, Feb. 17, at the Chicago Auto Show in the Bridgestone Americas booth (NH1).
- 2008-02-12 Hankook Maintains Strong Sales Growth, Margins in 2007
Hankook Tire’s claim to be one of the world’s fastest growing tyre manufacturers was given a boost this week by the release of its 2007 results.
- 2008-02-12 Pirelli to Buy Back Tyre Unit Share in H1 2008?
For a number of months Pirelli SpA has openly expressed its intention to buy back the 38.9% share in Pirelli Tyre that it sold to a group of six banks in 2006.
- 2008-02-12 Four Drivers Named Finalists for 25th Goodyear Highway Hero Award
Goodyear has announced the four finalists for its 25th annual North America Highway Hero Award.
- 2008-02-12 Michelin Gets TWNA Achievement Award
Michelin North America's “Durable Technologies” was won the Technical Achievement Award presented by the Truck Writers of North America.
- 2008-02-12 Yokohama Sales, Earnings Up
Yokohama Rubber Co. claimed an 88.1% year-over-year increase in net income, to 25.7 billion yen, through the first three quarters of its fiscal year, which ended Dec. 31, 2007.
- 2008-02-13 Debica Launches Passio 2 Mileage Tyre
Debica has launched a new passenger car tyre aimed at the mileage market. The Debica Passio 2 summer tyre is the latest addition to the Passio product line, which is one of the most popular summer tyres in Poland, according to the Polish manufacturer (owned by the Goodyear group).
- 2008-02-13 New Sizes for Drag Radial
Cooper Tire & Rubber Co.’s Mickey Thompson unit has introduced two new sizes for its Pro Drag Radial.
- 2008-02-13 Michelin unveils 'eco-friendly' winter tire
Michelin North America introduced the next generation of its X-Ice winter tire line, the Michelin X-Ice Xi2, earlier today, Feb. 13, at a ride-and-drive event near Montreal, Quebec.
- 2008-02-15 Sumitomo Rubber Aims at 100% Natural Rubber Tire
Sumitomo Rubber Industries Ltd. has unveiled its current tire technology development and visions.
- 2008-02-15 Nexen to Add R&D Facility Here
South Korea’s Nexen Tire plans to open an engineering research and development facility in northeast Ohio, likely somewhere in the Akron area.
- 2008-02-15 New Factory For Colway Production
Following the news that Polish retreader Mark Gum had purchased the retreading equipment and the Colway and Greenway brands, all previously owned by C-Tyres, it has been revealed that the company will build a new factory in Poland to produce the tyres.
- 2008-02-15 Nokia Displays ‘Tyre Phone’ Concept
If you talk to car tyres as you amble down the street there’s every chance that all is not right in your life.
- 2008-02-16 Michelin Full-Year Sales & Income up in 2007
In its 2007 financial results, published February 15, French tyre major Michelin has reported increased sales and a markedly higher net income than that of the previous year.
- 2008-02-17 Matador Launches New SUV Tyre
Matador recently launched the MP85 Hectorra. Company representatives described the product an ultra-high performance SUV 4x4 tyre with a new high-speed summer asymmetric tread design.
- 2008-02-18 Nitto to introduce NT850 Premium luxury touring tire
Nitto Tire U.S.A. Inc. will soon be launching the Nitto NT850 Premium luxury touring tire that will offer all-season performance for a variety of luxury vehicle types such as the Toyota Camry SE, Acura TSX, Infiniti G35 Sedan and VW Jetta.
- 2008-02-18 Conti May Eliminate 2,000 VDO Jobs
It appears as if Continental plans to reduce the workforce at its VDO automotive electronic unit by 2,000 jobs.
- 2008-02-18 Bandag Unit Boots Bib, Backs Bridgestone
Speedco, a unit of Bridgestone Bandag Inc., has booted Michelin branded medium truck radials from all of its truck lube and tire locations, replacing them with Bridgestone and Firestone brand tires.
- 2008-02-18 Nokian to Install Three New Production Lines in Russian Factory
Finnish manufacturer Nokian Tyres has disclosed plans to add three extra production lines to the company’s Vsevolozhsk facility in Russia rather than the previously announced two additional lines.
- 2008-02-18 Goodyear Using Ads to Lead Race Fans to Daytona
As the exclusive tire supplier of NASCAR's three largest racing series, Goodyear Tire & Rubber Co. unveiled its newest advertising messages to reinforce its leadership role in NASCAR and consumer tire innovation.
- 2008-02-19 Bridgestone Looks at Murfreesboro for Tech Center
The Murfreesboro Gateway is among the sites Bridgestone Americas Holding Inc. is considering to relocate an Akron, Ohio, technical center, said a local official.
- 2008-02-19 Tyre Majors Show Interest in India Production
A number of global tyre majors are making their presence felt in India’s tyre market, a market valued by the Business Standard financial newspaper at Rs 190 billion (£2.44 billion).
- 2008-02-19 Sales Up, Net Profit Down at Sumitomo Rubber
- 2008-02-19 European Winter Tyre Slump May Continue in 2008
According to Deutsche Bank’s Equity Research Automotive Group, the dismal year for winter tyres experienced by our German neighbours may well be repeated in 2008.
- 2008-02-19 Tyrexpo Africa Exhibitor Numbers Up 8% for 2008 Show
It is now less than a month before Tyrexpo Africa 2008 gets underway in Johannesburg, and recent figures tell of an even healthier show than the debut exhibition in 2006.
- 2008-02-20 Titan Builds Prototype 63-Incher
Titan Tire said it has produced its first prototype 63-inch radial OTR tire at its Bryan, Ohio, plant.
- 2008-02-20 Michelin Expresses Satisfaction Over Toul Factory Agreement
In a statement dated Feb. 18, Groupe Michelin “expressed its satisfaction” following an agreement reached between the company and labour unions.
- 2008-02-20 Sales, Income Up for Bridgestone
Bridgestone Corp. claimed a 55% increase in net income for 2007, to $1.2 billion, against sales of $31.5 billion for the year.
- 2008-02-20 Toyo Net Income Muted Despite Healthy Sales
Toyo Tire & Rubber Co. has released details of business performance for the first three quarters of the financial year ending Mar. 31, 2008.
- 2008-02-20 Merger? IRL and Champ Appear Close
Speedtv.com has reported that a deal has been reached to merge the Indy Racing League and Champ Car World Series.
- 2008-02-20 Sizes Added to Mickey Thompson Line
Cooper Tire & Rubber Co.’s Mickey Thompson unit has added four new 18-inch sizes to its ET Street Radial line.
- 2008-02-21 Maxxis debuts Victra MA-Z4S UHP tire
Maxxis International - U.S.A. has introduced the Victra MA-Z4S, an ultra-high performance, all-season tire.
- 2008-02-21 A-V Resumes Production at Amtel-Povolzhye Complex
Tyre producer Amtel-Vredestein NV said, in response to press speculation last week, that production at its Amtel-Povolzhye tyre complex was resumed on Feb. 15, due to a temporary suspension in the supply of raw materials.
- 2008-02-21 CTNA Corporate Headquarters to Move in 2009
Continental announced they will move their corporate headquarters for Continental Tire North America Inc. (CTNA) from Charlotte, N.C., to Lancaster County, S.C., in 2009.
- 2008-02-21 Goodyear Plant to Expand
The City of Danville has issued a building permit for an expansion at the Goodyear Tire & Rubber Co. plant on Goodyear Boulevard.
- 2008-02-21 Bridgestone Releases 2007 Financials
Full year 2007 financial results for Bridgestone Corp. were released on January 19, and these figures paint a picture of a healthy year’s trading.
- 2008-02-23 Deadly Ignorance of Tire-Tread Law
Millions of drivers could be unwittingly endangering lives this winter by driving on perilously bald tires, reveals research by Brake and Green Flag.
- 2008-02-24 Michelin Hikes Prices in Europe
Groupe Michelin announced prices increases for European customers. The 3.5% increases on consumer tires are set to take effect between Mar. 15 and July 1.
- 2008-02-22 2007 Another Record Year for Conti
Continental AG is boasting its sixth consecutive year of record sales and earnings figures in 2007, and the company’s Executive Board chairman has expressed confidence this favourable pattern will continue.
- 2008-02-22 Analysts: 2008 Will Be ‘Another Year of Progress for Michelin’
Michelin’s full year 2007 results were “good,” according to a Deutsch Bank analyst note.
- 2008-02-22 Hankook Stock Jumps Following Morgan Upgrade
Hankook Tire’s share price has “jumped” 5.4% following an upgrade from Morgan Stanley.
- 2008-02-22 BFNAT adds to Duravis heavy-duty LT/commercial tire line
Bridgestone Firestone North American Tire LLC (BFNT) has added the new Bridgestone Duravis M700 HD to its Duravis line of heavy-duty light truck and commercial tires.
- 2008-02-25 Kumho celebrates 30 years in Europe
Korean tyre giant Kumho established its European base in Frankfurt, Germany in January 1978, so is now celebrating 30 years on the continent. The company's total European sales for 2008 are expected to exceed $1/2 billion.
- 2008-02-25 Government of Liberia and Firestone Sign Agreement
Firestone Liberia has signed an Amended and Restated Concession Agreement with the government of Liberia.
- 2008-02-25 Hankook to Raise Prices 10%
Hankook Tire intends to increase its operating profit by 32% this year, a target it will reach through the increased sale of high performance tyres and by raising prices to counter higher raw materials costs.
- 2008-02-25 Conti Discusses South Africa Power Saving Programme
At its South African operations Continental Tyre SA has, over the course of three years, introduced a range of schemes that have seen power consumption reduced by 10%. The company recently shared details of its activities in this area.
- 2008-02-25 Uniwheels to Purchase European ATS Alloy Wheel Operations
Swiss based alloy wheel manufacturer Uniwheels has announced it intends to purchase the European interests of Germany’s ATS Group.
- 2008-02-26 CTNA will add 26 sizes to General winter tire line
Continental Tire North America Inc. (CTNA) will add 26 sizes to its General Altimax Arctic winter tire line this year, CTNA officials announced earlier today at a ride-and-drive event near Montreal, Quebec.
- 2008-02-26 Foundation Stone Laid for New Apollo OTR Plant
Yet another new chapter in the history of Apollo Tyre’s impressive growth was written on February 25 at a foundation stone laying ceremony for the company's new OTR tyre production facility.
- 2008-02-26 Goodyear to Give Max Technology UK launch at CV Show
Goodyear/Dunlop will be using the 2008 Commercial Vehicle Show (15-17 April) to launch its innovative Goodyear Max Technology ranges to the UK market.
- 2008-02-26 Pirelli Signs Research Agreement
On February 22 the Pirelli Group signed an agreement to collaborate with Italy’s Piedmont Region, Turin Province, the Municipality of Settimo Torinese and the Politecnico di Torino University in the development of programmes for research and innovation; specifically, the agreement covered the building of a new Pirelli industrial complex in the territory of Settimo Torinese.
- 2008-02-27 Bridgestone Showcases its Eco-friendly Products and Projects at Eco-Products International Fair 2008
Bridgestone Corporation is pleased to announce that it will exhibit products for the first time at The 4th Eco-Products International Fair 2008 (EPIF 2008), which will be held for four days in Hanoi, Vietnam from March 1 through March 4, 2008.
- 2008-02-27 Self-healing rubber bounces back
A material that is able to self-repair even when it is sliced in two has been invented by French researchers with Dr Ludwik Leibler.
- 2008-02-27 Goodyear Supports TC Debica Truck Tire Expansion in Poland
The Goodyear Tire & Rubber Company today announced that it will ask Polish tire company TC Debica – in which it is the majority shareholder – to nearly triple its commercial tire production for Goodyear from 1,700 to 5,000 tires per day.
- 2008-02-27 The Goodyear Tire & Rubber Company, PZU Reach Agreement to Make Changes Benefiting TC Debica
The Goodyear Tire & Rubber Company and PZU today announced an agreement that will significantly enhance the value of Polish tire company TC Debica for all of its shareholders and allow for greater transparency to and input from investors.
- 2008-02-27 Yokohama Rubber Wins Import Injunction of Counterfeit DNA S. drive due to Design Right Infringement
The Yokohama Rubber Co., Ltd., today announced that the Tokyo Customs Office, as of January 18, 2008, accepted the company’s application for import injunction of counterfeit products of its DNA S. drive high-performance tires for passenger cars due to a charge that the counterfeit products infringing Yokohama Rubber’s design rights were sold in Japan.
- 2008-02-27 Kumho to Supply Tires for Daimler AG
Kumho Tire Co., Korea’s second-largest tire manufacturer, will supply high-performance tires to Daimler AG.
- 2008-02-27 Pirelli's ‘Scorpion' for Gravel Making its WRC Debut in Mexico
Pirelli’s new Scorpion tyres will make their first appearance on the opening gravel event of this year's World Rally Championship.
- 2008-02-27 Increase In Share Capital For Nokian Tyres
An increase in the share capital of Nokian Tyres, totalling 186,884 euros, was entered into the Trade Register on February 26, 2008.
- 2008-02-27 Fulda Fairs Well in «Which?» Test
The new Fulda EcoControl has been declared one of «Which?» Magazines Best Buy tyres, ranking in the top three in the Supermini tyre test.
- 2008-02-28 Yokohama Rubber Wins Import Injunction of Counterfeit DNA S. drive due to Design Right Infringement
The Yokohama Rubber Co., Ltd., today announced that the Tokyo Customs Office, as of January 18, 2008, accepted the company’s application for import injunction of counterfeit products of its DNA S. drive high-performance tires for passenger cars due to a charge that the counterfeit products infringing Yokohama Rubber’s design rights were sold in Japan.
- 2008-02-28 Bridgestone Potenza to be offered on new Pontiac models
The 2008 Pontiac G8 performance sedan will use Bridgestone Potenza RE050 А ultra-high performance tires as standard equipment on the G8 GT model and optional equipment on the car's base offering, both in size 245/45R18.
- 2008-03-01 Kumho Signs Civil Aviation Agreement with US
Kumho’s long awaited breakthrough in the area of civil aviation arrived on Feb. 19.
- 2008-03-01 Chinese Court Enforces Bridgestone Patent Infringement Ruling
On Feb. 27 Bridgestone publicly released details of a recent patent infringement case in China.
- 2008-02-28 Goodyear Dunlop Invests in Next Tread Equipment
Goodyear Dunlop UK has taken delivery of new machinery at its Next Tread truck tyre retreading plant in Wolverhampton.
- 2008-02-28 Continental Relaunches ContiNetwork CV Tyre Retail Business
Continental has relaunched its ContiNetwork UK commercial vehicle tyre retail operation.
- 2008-02-28 Moody’s Downgrades Conti’s Long-Term Rating
Moody's Investors Service has downgraded the long-term rating of Continental AG and its units to 'Baa2' following the company’s marked increase in debt and leverage resulting from the 11.4 billion euro acquisition of the Siemens VDO unit.
- 2008-02-29 Goodyear near deal on China tire plant: mayor
Top tire maker Goodyear is in final talks to invest more than $1 billion in a manufacturing plant near the Chinese city of Dalian this year, the city's mayor told Reuters on Thursday.
- 2008-02-29 Allied Waste Picks BFNAT, Bandag
Allied Waste Industries Inc. tapped Bridgestone/Firestone North American Tire and Bridgestone Bandag as preferred suppliers of new and retreaded radial truck and OTR tires.
- 2008-02-29 Cooper Sees Sales, Profit Improvements
Cooper Tire & Rubber Co. posted 2007 sales of $2.9 billion, up 13.9% vs. 2006, while net income reached $120 million, up from 2006’s loss of $78 million.
- 2008-02-29 Porsche Team Will Race on Kumho
Kumho Tire USA is now working on a tire development program for the Porsche 911 GT3 RSR.
- 2008-02-29 Calif. Utility Picks Goodyear
Goodyear has signed a three-year deal to supply tires and tire management support to Pacific Gas & Electric Co.
- 2008-03-02 Michelin Energy Saver wins ‘Tire Technology of the Year’ Award
Michelin Energy Saver has been voted Tire Technology of the Year at the Tire Technology International Awards for Innovation and Excellence.
- 2008-03-02 MICHELIN Energy Saver: Drive further while spending less
The new Michelin Energy Saver is the Company’s fourth generation of “green” car tyres that replaces the existing Energy range.
- 2008-03-03 Continental, General Tires Top Tire Rack Testing
The ContiCrossContact UHP from Continental Tire North America (CTNA) is ranked No. 1, and the General Tire Grabber UHP is a close second, in an online consumer satisfaction survey of street/sport truck summer tires conducted by The Tire Rack.
- 2008-03-03 Kumho joins LG Motorsports on GT2 Corvette
Kumho Tire will provide tires for the LG Motorsports/3 Dimensional Services/Riley Technology Corvette in the GT2 class of the American Le Mans Series for the 2008 season.
- 2008-03-03 Dunlop Aircraft Tyres Signs Mou With Haeco & Taeco To Expand Into Asiaand Pacific Rim
Dunlop Aircraft Tyres, the world's only specialist aircraft tyre manufacturer, today announced it has begun preliminary ground work investigations and held a traditional stone-laying ceremony on the site of its new retreading facility in China.
- 2008-03-04 Michelin Boosts Truck Tire Pricing
Michelin North America is increasing prices on its Michelin and BFGoodrich brand medium truck tires sold in the U.S. by as much as 8%.
- 2008-03-04 Firestone Liberia Gets Into Wood Business
Bridgestone Americas Holding’s Firestone Liberia plantation unit has opened the first phase of its effort to process rubber wood.
- 2008-03-04 Hankook Puts Tyre Prices Up 5%
Hankook Tire Co. has announced plans to raise its prices 5% from this month.
- 2008-03-04 Over 170 Exhibitors Confirmed for Automechanika Thailand
Automechanika Thailand, the leading international trade fair for the automotive parts, components and aftermarket industry in Thailand, opens next week from March 6-9 at the Impact Exhibition and Convention Centre, Bangkok.
- 2008-03-04 Goodyear Signs Tire Contract with Pacific Gas and Electric
Feb. 29 The Goodyear Tire & Rubber Company announced that it has signed a three-year contract to supply tires and business solutions to Pacific Gas and Electric Company.
- 2008-03-05 Pirelli Buy Back Expected Within Days
Thomson Financial reported this morning that Pirelli SpA will pay 850 million euros to buy back 38.9% share in its tire business.
- 2008-03-05 SmarTire Gets Patent Settlement
Canadian TPMS maker SmarTire Systems Inc. said it has settled its patent infringement lawsuit against Siemens VDO Automotive Corp., now part of [[Continental]] AG.
- 2008-03-05 Goodyear Has Engineering Career Day for Young Women
Goodyear Tire & Rubber Co plans to hold its 8th Engineering Career Day for Young Women at the company’s Akron headquarters on Apr.19.
- 2008-03-05 Continental is showing its new sizes of ContiRe trailer tyre on its stand at the CV Show
This new premium retread tyre is a full bead to bead retread giving it the appearance of a new tyre and has a tread depth of 18mm enabling it to deliver exceptional mileage performance and reliability.
- 2008-03-05 Bridgestone to Present Fleet Tyre Programme at CV Show
Bridgestone is to present its Total Fleet Tyre Management program at this year’s Commercial Vehicle Show, held at the NEC in April.
- 2008-03-03 Pirelli comes on tops in tyre test by "Which?"
- 2008-03-05 Cooper Tire steers back to black
At a time when many U.S. firms in the auto industry are bleeding red ink and filing for bankruptcy, Cooper Tire & Rubber Co. gave investors a reason to cheer yesterday.
- 2008-03-06 Bridgestone reveal first nine tyre compounds
F1's tyre supplier Bridgestone are set to use all four tyres compounds within the first nine grands prix of this season.
- 2008-03-02 Rhodia creates a company to commission and manage its new silica plant in China
Rhodia announces the formation of a new company to manage the construction and subsequent operation of its planned silica facility in China. Details of this major new plant, dedicated to the production of high performance precipitated silica in China, were previously released last November in Shanghai.
- 2008-03-06 Kumho Opens Vietnam Plant, Plans Expansion
Kumho Tire Co. has opened its new passenger tire plant in Vietnam, and unveiled plans to rapidly expand the new facility.
- 2008-03-06 Goodyear Topeka Plant Plans for 6-Day Break
Goodyear Tire & Rubber Co. will shut down its radial truck tire production for six days during the Easter holiday because of a slowdown in commercial truck tire sales.
- 2008-03-06 Rhodia Silcea Announces Global Price Increase
Rhodia Silcea announced a 12% price increase in global prices for its precipitated silica range.
- 2008-03-06 Maxxis Sponsors Yanks
Maxxis International is now a sponsor of the New York Yankees.
- 2008-03-06 Alcoa Combines Wheel, Auto and Truck Business Units
Aluminum producer Alcoa Inc. combined its wheel products and auto and truck units into a new unit called Wheel and Transportation Products.
- 2008-03-06 New UK OE Fitments for Yokohama
The UK distributor for Yokohama tyres, Yokohama HPT Ltd, has announced several key new original equipment fitments in the Japanese manufacturer’s range for the UK market.
- 2008-03-06 Uniroyal unveils RainSport2
- 2008-03-07 Dunlop launches hunt for race star
DUNLOP Race Academy is calling on 2005 winner and Dunlop Sport Maxx Cup champion Simon Shaw to coach this year's rookies and help find a racing star of the future.
- 2008-03-07 Sizes Added to Hercules Lines
Hercules Tire & Rubber Co. has introduced new sizes to two of its top lines.
- 2008-03-09 Goodyear Presents Next Generation RunOnFlat Technology in Geneva
New tyres lower rolling resistance. Goodyear has presented its latest generation of RunOnFlat tyre technology, which the company says will offer numerous benefits to both the consumer and the environment, including improved comfort, reduced mass and rolling resistance, increased fuel economy as well as reduced CO2 emission levels.
- 2008-03-09 Toyo Launches New Soft Compound Tyre
The latest product from Toyo Tires is the new Proxes R888 SG Soft compound racing tyre, which has been specifically designed for use at Sprint/Hill climb or Short Tarmac speed events.
- 2008-03-08 Vredestein Joins TyreSafe
Dutch tyre manufacturer Vredestein has become the latest company to join TyreSafe.
- 2008-03-08 Kumho opens Vietnam plant
As it was reported, Kumho Tire Co., Inc., held a ceremony for the laying of the cornerstone of its new factory in Vietnam on March 5, 2008 , in Binh Duong Province.
- 2008-03-10 Zero Tire Market Growth in 2008: RMA
In its first look forward at 2008, the RMA expects overall tire shipments to remain “at or near levels reached in 2007,” boosted by projected replacement market gains.
- 2008-03-10 Awards Recognise Eco-Friendly Innovations
The inaugural Tire Technology International Awards forInnovation and Excellence were presented at the recent Tire Technology Expo, in Cologne and there was a marked emphasis on environmentally friendly technologies and products.
- 2008-03-10 General Sponsoring Revived Desert Race
Continental Tire North America’s General brand will be the title sponsor of the revived General Tire Mint 400 Race.
- 2008-03-10 Goodyear Carrying New Challenger SRT8
The new 2008 Dodge Challenger SRT8 will ride on Goodyear tires.
- 2008-03-10 Goodyear Presents Next Generation RunOnFlat Technology in Geneva
Goodyear has presented its latest generation of RunOnFlat tyre technology, which the company says will offer numerous benefits to both the consumer and the environment, including improved comfort, reduced mass and rolling resistance, increased fuel economy as well as reduced CO2 emission levels.
- 2008-03-11 New Avon ZV5 a First Glimpse at Cooper Tire’s European Know-How
Cooper Tire’s European Technical Centre in Melksham, opened a little over a year ago, has borne its first fruit – the all-new Avon Tyres ZV5 range.
- 2008-03-11 Continental hikes tyre prices in Europe
Continental hikes tyre prices in Europe by 3.5-5 pct on high raw material costs.
- 2008-03-11 Michelin Adds to Super Wide Line
Michelin North America has added to its X One super wide line with the new X One XZY3, an all-position tire for on/off-road applications.
- 2008-03-11 Bridgestone Voted Manufacturer of Year at Cologne Expo
At this year’s Tire Technology Expo, held in Cologne, Germany, a new series of awards acknowledging excellence in the tyre industry was launched, and Bridgestone was named the inaugural “Tyre Manufacturer of the Year.”
- 2008-03-11 Conti Readies ‘Ultimate Adventure’
Continental Tire North America will soon launch its Ultimate Adventure consumer sweepstakes, with a top prize of a new customized Range Rover Sport.
- 2008-03-11 Pirelli Focusing Strongly on Tyres, May Sell Loan Business
Pirelli has already indicated a willingness to place a greater focus upon its thriving tyre business, and this emphasis is apparently being paired by a withdrawal from less profitable undertakings.
- 2008-03-14 Toyo Names Scholar-Athlete Award Winner
During the Pac-10 men’s basketball tournament Los Angeles, Toyo Tires presented the Pac-10 Scholar-Athlete of the Year Award for men’s basketball.
- 2008-03-14 Continental Wraps up ‘Fantastic Four’ Sweepstakes
Continental Tire presented the keys to a custom 2007 Dodge Charger to April Ingannamorte of Altamonte Springs, Fla., the grand prize winner in the “Continental Tire Power of Four” Sweepstakes.
- 2008-03-14 Hankook Considering Sites for Next Overseas Plant
Mexico, Russia and Vietnam are reportedly under consideration as potential sites for Hankook Tire Co.’s third facility to be built outside of South Korea.
- 2008-03-14 Goodyear Honoured with Award for U.K. Recycling
In recent years the pendulum has begun to swing away from the "throw away" mindset dominant in western cultures, with the need to become a more sustainable society an increasingly discussed topic.
- 2008-03-14 Firestone Ag Offers New Technology, New Tires
Firestone Agricultural Tire Co. announced the development of a number of new products, including the first of its new “IF” technology radials.
- 2008-03-14 BFNAT Adds On/Off Highway Radial
Bridgestone/Firestone North American Tire introduced the new Bridgestone M775 on/off-highway drive radial.
- 2008-03-14 Conti Announces Tyre Price Increases
Continental has announced Europe-wide price increases of between 3.5% and 5% for its passenger car and van tyre product lines.
- 2008-03-15 The New ContiWinterContact TS 830
With the new ContiWinterContact TS 830, market leader Continental has achieved further progress in terms of driving safety, mileage performance and rolling resistance in a winter tire. All of this is made possible by sophisticated tread structures, modified sidewall design and new polymer compounds in the tread.
- 2008-03-17 Michelin Now Has Branded Credit Card
GE Money and Michelin North America have reached a deal to provide a Michelin-branded credit card for tire consumers.
- 2008-03-18 New Dunlop Has “Star” Tread
Goodyear’s Dunlop brand has released the Dunlop Direzza Sport Z1 Star Spec, a summer DOT-approved street tire with a special tread compound for dry grip.
- 2008-03-18 New Name, ‘New’ Home for TIA at SEMA
TIA announced that it is changing the name of its portion of the SEMA Show, and adopting a new headquarters hotel for the annual event.
- 2008-03-20 Continental’s Romania Headcount Set to Reach 7,500
Continental AG is reportedly set to recruit another 1,350 people for its factories in Timisoara, Carei and Arad, Romania, by the end of the year.
- 2008-03-20 Kumho Vietnam Factory Brings Output to 65 Million Units
The recent completion of Kumho’s 315,000-square-metre Vietnamese factory brings the South Korean tyre manufacturer’s global output to circa 65 million units.
- 2008-03-21 The new Michelin Agilis Camping
Michelin has launched the new Agilis Camping tyre – currently the only motorcaravan tyre on the market with an M+S marking – as part of the new Michelin Agilis range for medium and heavy vans.
- 2008-03-21 1, 4 and 20: Three figures that sum up the new Michelin Agilis
Michelin has launched its new van tyre, the Michelin Agilis, whose performance can be summed up in three figures: 1, 4 and 20.
- 2008-03-24 Sibur Says No Deal Unless A-V Cuts Debt
Sibur Russian Tyres announced that it will not consider forming a joint venture with troubled Amtel-Vredestein NV until A-V clears up its debt problems.
- 2008-03-24 Cooper Recalling LT Tires
Cooper Tire & Rubber Co. is recalling some 48,000 LT-metric tires due to potential sidewall separation.
- 2008-03-24 Michelin Tying OE Prices to Oil Prices
Groupe Michelin has come up with a new global scheme to deal with rising raw materials costs and tire pricing issues.
- 2008-03-24 Goodyear Lobbying Spending Revealed
The Associated Press reported that Goodyear Tire & Rubber Co. spent some $2.4 million last year on lobbying efforts, primary on fuel economy standards, energy efficiency and climate change legislation.
- 2008-03-24 Bridgestone Doubling Aircraft Tire Production
Bridgestone Corp. plans to boost radial aircraft tire production at its plant in Tokyo.
- 2008-03-26 Chery to Buy Russian Car Plant
Chery Automobile Co. will spend approximately $425 million acquiring a car factory in Russia as a shortcut to strengthen its presence in the country.
- 2008-03-27 New Record as 530 Exhibitors Sign-up for Reifen 2008
As the Essen show celebrates its silver jubilee (Reifen 2008 will be the 25th time the leading tyre trade exhibition has taken place), show organisers are reporting that this year’s show will be the biggest yet.
- 2008-03-28 A-V Completes Sale of Moscow Tyre Plant
Amtel-Vredestein’s Russian unit has completed the sale of its Moscow Tyre Plant operations to one of the companies of Midland Resources Holding Ltd. for $77 million.
- 2008-03-28 Kumho to Increase Prices Again
Kumho Tire U.S.A. will increase tire prices up to 10%, effective May 1, 2008.
- 2008-03-28 Toyo Launches Premium High Performance Steer Radial
Toyo Tire U.S.A. Corp. introduced the M137 premium high performance steer radial for long haul, over-the-highway applications, designed to deliver more miles per 32nds to operators driving coast-to-coast.
- 2008-03-28 Pirelli Forecasts Little Growth in 2008
This year’s outlook for Pirelli & C SpA, according to a Mar. 26 forecast, is one in which very little growth is expected.
- 2008-03-31 Yokohama Tire Vietnam Holds Opening Ceremony
The Yokohama Rubber Co., Ltd., today announced that it held an opening ceremony on February 29 for a new tire plant that the company newly constructed in Binh Duong Province in the outskirts of Ho Chi Minh City to begin operation of Yokohama Tire Vietnam Inc.
- 2008-03-31 Milhaupt to Head Kumho Sales
Jim Milhaupt has been named national vice president of sales for Kumho Tire USA, succeeding Dave Hudrlik, who left the company.
- 2008-03-31 Toyo Rolls Out ‘Ultra-Premium’ Regional Highway Radial
Toyo Tire USA Corp. has launched the M154TM, which it calls an “ultra-premium,” all-steel regional highway tire for commercial trucks.
- 2008-03-31 Goodyear on 2009 Toyota Corolla and Matrix
Goodyear tires have been selected as OE for several of Toyota’s Corolla and Matrix models.
- 2008-04-01 Nokian JV Facility in Kazakhstan Granted Funding Approval
Investment funding for the planned Ordabasy joint venture in Kazakhstan, the product of cooperation between Nokian Tyres and Kazakhstanian multi-industrial company Ordabasy Corporation JSC, gained approval from the Development Bank of Kazakhstan during its sitting on Mar. 28.
- 2008-04-01 Mitas Announces 25-Inch Earthmover Tyre
Czech Republic-based manufacturer Mitas a.s. is expanding its Mitas brand earthmover radial range with the addition of a 25-inch size.
- 2008-04-02 Yokohama Plans Tyre Plant in India
(IANS) Yokohama Rubber Co. will set up a new tyre manufacturing plant in Haryana, India, worth over Rs.9 billion (around $200 million), the Haryana State Industrial and Infrastructure Development Corporation (HSIIDC) announced on Apr. 1.
- 2008-04-03 CGS Plans Joint Venture in Russia
In hand with growing imports of agricultural equipment and driven vehicles into Russia, Western tyre manufacturers are also becoming more active in the supply of tyres there.
- 2008-04-04 Goodyear One of America's Most Trusted
Goodyear Tire & Rubber Co. was named one of America's most trustworthy companies by Audit Integrity Inc. and Forbes magazine.
- 2008-04-07 Cooper Recall Includes PBs, Nokian; BFNAT Has Recall
Cooper Tire & Rubber Co.’s recent recall of 48,037 light truck radials includes private brand and off-take models produced for and sold by TBC, American Car Care Centers, Nokian Tyres and Sure Tire.
- 2008-04-07 Pirelli Increasing Prices in Europe
Pirelli Tyre has announced a 4% to 6% price hike on tires it sells in Europe, effective Apr. 1.
- 2008-04-08 Hankook to Double Hungary Plant Capacity
Hankook Tire Corp. plans to double capacity at its tire plant in Hungary, moving from 15,000 tires to 31,000 tires per day by 2010.
- 2008-04-08 Cooper Adds Premium A/S Sport Truck Tire
Cooper Tire & Rubber Co. has rolled out the Cooper Zeon XSTA, and all-season premium sport truck tire.
- 2008-04-09 Yokohama Increases OTR, Medium Truck Prices
Citing continued record increases in the cost of raw materials and energy, Yokohama Tire Corp. will increase prices on its OTR tires up to 5% and on medium truck tires by 6%, effective May 2008.
- 2008-04-09 Shareholders Addressed, Board Members Elected at Goodyear Meeting
Goodyear Tire & Rubber Co.’s Chairman and CEO Bob Keegan assured shareholders that the company is well-positioned for the future, despite economic uncertainty in 2008, at Goodyear’s annual shareholder meeting Tuesday.
- 2008-04-09 Kumho Launches Online Training Program
Kumho’s new online dealer training program, called EDGE (Education Driving Growth and Excellence), is now available for dealers and their sales associates to use.
- 2008-04-10 Goodyear Re-Tools Truck Tire Site
Goodyear has reworked its commercial tire Web site – www.goodyear.com/truck – making it easier for fleet maintenance managers and owners to take advantage of the company’s various educational tools and data, the tiremaker said.
- 2008-04-10 Fifth Vianor Tyre Franchise to be Opened in Kazakhstan
Finland-based tyre manufacturer Nokian Tyres is planning to open a new Vianor retail outlet in the city of Almaty, Kazakhstan.
- 2008-04-11 Goodyear Rolls New Regional Tires
Goodyear has introduced the Unisteel G149 RSA RH tire for on-highway regional service and the Unisteel G150 HSA for school bus and city or neighborhood driving.
- 2008-04-11 Land Cruiser Travels On Bridgestones
Bridgestone-brand Dueler radials are OE on the new 2008 Toyota Land Cruiser.
- 2008-04-14 Cooper Recall Now Includes Hercules, Pro Comp
Cooper Tire & Rubber Co.’s March recall of light truck tires includes Hercules and Pro Comp models produced by the tiremaker.
- 2008-04-15 Goodyear Expands Marketing Push for ComforTred
Goodyear is launching a heavy promotional push to support its Assurance ComforTred line.
- 2008-04-16 Nokian JV to build $270 mln Kazakh tyre plant
A joint venture between Finnish tyre maker Nokian and Kazakh company Ordabasy will build a tyre plant in the Central Asian state by 2009, an Ordabasy executive told Reuters late on Tuesday.
- 2008-04-17 Pirelli Issues LT Recall
Pirelli Tire North America is recalling some 8,273 tires due to concerns over tread chunking, partial tread separations and/or belt edge separations, according to NHTSA.
- 2008-04-18 Michelin Invests
Northern Ireland Economy Minister Nigel Dodds has announced a £14 million investment in manufacturing and staff training at Michelin’s Ballymena plant.
- 2008-04-18 Yokohama Acquires Plant Site in India
As was first reported here, Yokohama Rubber Co. plans build a new tire plant in India.
- 2008-04-18 Bridgestone Rates Well in European Magazine Tests
Bridgestone reports receiving highly favourable results in summer tyre tests conducted by German and Nordic region magazines.
- 2008-04-22 Bridgestone Acknowledged as Top Porsche Supplier
Every year Porsche recognises its 10 best performing suppliers at the Porsche Supplier Awards, and for 2008 Bridgestone has been honoured as an award recipient.
- 2008-04-24 Goodyear Joins SmartWay Transport Partnership
Goodyear Tire & Rubber Co., has joined the U.S. Environmental Protection Agency’s SmartWay Transport Partnership, which previously approved using the company’s Fuel Max linehaul tires on SmartWay tractors and trailers.
- 2008-04-28 Tiremakers Increase Prices
Bridgestone/Firestone North American Tire and Pirelli Tire North America both announced tire price increases that will kick in on June 1.
- 2008-04-29 TIA Members Can Get Free Web Pages
TIA has teamed with ASA Tire Systems to offer members free, professionally designed Web pages.
- 2008-04-29 Sumo Firenza Increasing its European Profile
During the past 18 months or so Sumo Firenza has steadily increased its European profile through exhibiting at a number of international tyre exhibitions and introducing its flagship Sumo Firenza ST-08 pattern.
- 2008-04-30 General Launches Redesigned Web Site
Continental Tire North America has redesigned its General tire Web site – www.generaltire.com.
- 2008-04-30 BFGoodrich Hits CUV/SUV Segment With New Long Trail T/A
Michelin North America has released the BFGoodrich Long Trail T/A Tour, targeting the growing crossover and small SUV market segments.
- 2008-05-01 Amtel-Vredestein Sees Sales Boost, Net Losses
Amtel-Vredestein reported that it exceeded its 2007 sales target but expected to show a loss for the year.
- 2008-05-02 Toyo Rolls out 41 Passenger, Light Truck Tires
Toyo Tire U.S.A. Corp. has rolled out forty-one new tires covering everything from economy to premium car drivers, performance car enthusiasts, to highway and hard core applications for light trucks.
- 2008-05-05 New Kelly Regional Tire
Goodyear has launched the Kelly Armorsteel KRH, a regional tire for P&D and school bus applications.
- 2008-05-05 BFG Official Tire for Mustang Series
Michelin North America’s BFGoodrich brand is the presenting sponsor and official tire of the Ford Racing Mustang Challenge for the Miller Cup.
- 2008-05-06 Cooper Joins Price Increase Fray
Cooper Tire & Rubber Co. plans to hike prices on its passenger and light truck/SUV tires, effective July 1.
- 2008-05-07 Cooper reports net income of $1.7 million on sales of $679 million
Cooper Tire & Rubber Co. reported net income of $1.7 million on net sales of $679 million for the quarter ended March 31, 2008. That compares to income of $20.7 million on sales $669 million for the same period a year ago.
- 2008-05-06 Goodyear will hike prices next month
Goodyear Tire & Rubber Co. is raising prices on all of its consumer tires up to 8%, effective on or after June 1. Increases cover all of the company's brands.
- 2008-05-08 Kumho Plant Groundbreaking Set for Monday
Kumho Tire USA will break ground this Monday for its planned $225 million passenger and light truck/SUV plant in Macon, Ga.
- 2008-05-09 Data Highlights Michelin Energy’s Wet Braking and Fuel Efficiency
Michelin is promoting its wet-braking and fuel efficiency qualities following glowing research from independent test centre, TÜV SÜD Automotive.
- 2008-05-09 Bridgestone's First Quarter Net Profits Down 18.4%
Bridgestone Corp. has reported an 18.4% fall in first quarter net profits, compared with the same period a year ago.
- 2008-05-09 ContiPremiumContact 2 Named in Auto Express Product Honours
For the second consecutive year, the ContiPremiumContact 2 has received a commendation from leading consumer publication, Auto Express, as part of its Product Honours 2008 feature.
- 2008-05-13 Yokohama to Expand OTR Plant
The Yokohama Rubber Co. announced it will carry out a fourth-phase expansion of its Onomichi, Hiroshima Prefecture Plant to manufacture Off-the-Road (OTR) tires for use on mining and construction vehicles.
- 2008-05-13 Michelin China Announces Price Increases
Prices for passenger car tyres sold under the Michelin, Warrior and BF Goodrich brand names in China will rise between 3% 7%, says Michelin (China) Investment Co., Ltd.
- 2008-05-13 Bandag Raises Tread Rubber Prices
Prices for tread rubber products charged by Bridgestone Bandag Tire Solutions (BBTS) to its franchised dealers in the U.S. have increased by up to 5%.
- 2008-05-13 Yokohama Establishes Local Subsidiary in Brazil
The Yokohama Rubber Co. established a new overseas subsidiary, called Yokohama Rubber Latin America Comercio Ltda., in April in Sao Paulo, Brazil.
- 2008-05-13 Conti Shod Fleets Get More Mileage
Continental Tyres is claiming that correctly managed fleets running on the German manufacturer’s products gain 22% more mileage in comparison with competing tyres.
- 2008-05-13 Goodyear HydraGrip Wins Auto Express Award
Auto Express Magazine’s annual Product Honours Awards report has recognised the Goodyear HydraGrip as the ‘Best Buy’ tyre in the family car tyre market.
- 2008-05-13 Bridgestone ‘Most Popular Tyre CV Show’
More Bridgestone tyres were fitted to display vehicles at the CV Show than any other brand.
- 2008-05-14 New CTNA Test Track Opens
Continental Tire North America officially opened its new off road tire test track at its Uvalde Texas test center.
- 2008-05-14 New Firestone Industrial Products Facility in Costa Rica
Firestone Industrial Products Company LLC (FSIP) will open a new air spring manufacturing plant in Turrialba, Costa Rica.
- 2008-05-14 Hayes Lemmerz to Close U.S. Aluminium Wheel Facility
On May 12, Hayes Lemmerz International announced the planned closure of its aluminium wheel manufacturing facility in Gainesville, Ga. by the end of this year.
- 2008-05-14 Cooper Drops Starfire Brand in North America
Cooper Tire & Rubber has reportedly ceased production of its Starfire associate tyre range in North America, and the company may further reduce the number of brands it sells.
- 2008-05-14 Michelin to Demo Rolling Resistance Performance at London Show
Michelin has announced that it will run a live, full size demonstration its new Energy Saver tyres at the British International Motor Show at ExCel, London Docklands from 23 July to 3 August.
- 2008-05-15 Goodyear Rolls Out Hiring Opportunities
Amid a slow economy, Goodyear Tire & Rubber Co. put out the word it is hiring.
- 2008-05-16 Hankook Gets Global Supplier Award from Ford
Ford Motor Co. named Hankook Tire Co. as one of its top suppliers, presenting the tiremaker with its World Excellence Award.
- 2008-05-16 Conti Truck Tires See Increase
Continental Tire North America says it will raise prices on all of its medium and heavy truck tire tires by up to 8% as of July 1.
- 2008-05-15 Hankook supports Primetime Race Group with Ventus tires
Hankook Tire America Corp. has teamed up with Primetime Race Group. As part of the agreement, Hankook will serve as the team's official tire supplier for competition in the American Le Mans Series.
- 2008-05-16 Bridgestone and Toyo Buying Stakes in Each Other
Bloomberg has reported that Bridgestone Corp. and Toyo Tire & Rubber Co. will buy stakes in each other and work together on raw material procurement and production issues.
- 2008-05-19 General named official tire of off-road series
Continental Tire North America Inc.'s (CTNA) General brand has been named the official tire of the Lucas Oil World Series of Off-Road Racing, starting this year.
- 2008-05-19 Michelin marks Spartanburg plant anniversary
Michelin North America Inc.'s Spartanburg, S.C., plant is celebrating its 30th anniversary. The factory manufactures tires for commercial trucks and United States military vehicles.
- 2008-05-19 Kumho breaks ground on new R&D center
[[Kumho]] Tire Co. Inc. has broken ground on a new research and development center in Young-In, South Korea. The facility is scheduled for completion by the end of next year.
- 2008-05-20 Treadways adds to Sumitomo luxury touring tire
The Sumitomo HTRZ III luxury touring passenger tire, which was unveiled last November, is now available in 46 sizes.
- 2008-05-20 Goodyear ‘Considering’ $250 million Plant in Russia
Goodyear is reportedly considering building a five million unit tyre production plant in the Yaroslavl region of Russia, at a cost of between $200-250 million.
- 2008-05-20 Toyo rolls out Proxes ST II for light trucks
Toyo Tire U.S.A. Corp. has introduced the latest addition to its Proxes line, the Proxes ST II high performance tire, which targets SUVs, sport trucks and select crossover vehicles.
- 2008-05-22 Bridgestone/Firestone Canada Launches Scholarship Program
Canadian students will have the chance to win a scholarship by producing a compelling safety video and participating in the 2008 Safety Scholars Canada video contest, sponsored by Bridgestone/Firestone Canada Inc.
- 2008-05-22 Continental Re-ups as World Cup Sponsor
Continental AG will once again serve as the official sponsor of the World Cup, continuing its decade-long involvement in major soccer events.
- 2008-05-22 Toyo will increase production at U.S. plant
Toyo Tire & Rubber Co. Ltd. plans to boost annual production at its Toyo Tire North American Manufacturing Inc. plant in White, Ga., by 2.4 million units in 2010 and 3.2 million units the following year.
- 2008-05-23 Toyo Tire U.S.A. is the latest tire manufacturer to announce price increases
Effective July 1, 2008, Toyo Tire U.S.A. Corp. will increase pricing on its passenger, light truck and truck tires. The increases will vary up to 8%.
- 2008-05-23 Maxxis to triple warehouse space in Texas
Maxxis International - U.S.A. is moving its Texas operations to a new 185,000-square-foot facility to increase efficiency and improve customer service.
- 2008-05-27 Lower Rolling Resistance, TPMS by 2012, Says EU
A host of new vehicle safety and environmental requirements, including several tyre related measures, will become obligatory as of 2012.
- 2008-05-27 Pirelli Outlines Growth in Germany, Plans for Russia
During a press conference held at its factory in Breuberg, Germany, the Pirelli Group outlined its industrial activities and plans for tyre business expansion in this particular market, one the company sees as key for its growth strategies.
- 2008-05-27 Cooper Opens Asia Tech Center
Cooper Tire & Rubber has opened a new technical center near Shanghai.
- 2008-05-27 Yokohama Donates to Help Earthquake Victims
Yokohama Rubber Co. plans to donate some 10 million yen through the Chinese Red Cross Society to help sufferers of the Sichuan Province earthquake.
- 2008-05-27 Hankook to Buy Back Shares
News reports say that Hankook Tire Co. will spend $19.7 million to buy back 1.5 million of its outstanding shares.
- 2008-05-27 Bridgestone and Fiege Open Czech Republic Logistics Centre
On May 16, Bridgestone Europe and its logistics partner Fiege officially opened the new Bridgestone European Logistics Center East in the Czech Republic town of Bor.
- 2008-05-28 Yokohama Reaches Settlement in Patent Suit
Yokohama Tire Corp. and Yokohama Rubber Co. Ltd. have reached a final settlement agreement with Hangzhou Zhongce Rubber Co. Ltd. pertaining to design patent infringement, with Hangzhou agreeing to destroy the manufacturing molds and remaining inventory of its Westlake H280 tires.
- 2008-05-29 Michelin Giving Additional Half Million Euros to China Quake Victims
The Michelin Group announced on May 27 it would donate an additional 500,000 euros for victims of the earthquake that struck China’s Sichuan Province.
- 2008-05-29 Goodyear tire dealers offer 'free air'
Independent tire dealers throughout the country are educating consumers about the importance of proper tire inflation by participating in Goodyear Tire & Rubber Co.'s "Free Air" promotion.
- 2008-05-30 Goodyear Launches High Performance Tire
Goodyear Tire & Rubber Co. announced the latest offering in its line of high-performance tires, the Eagle GT.
- 2008-05-30 TIA Announces NASA Federal Credit Union Benefit
The Tire Industry Association (TIA) announced its members and their employees are now eligible to join NASA Federal Credit Union.
- 2008-06-02 Michelin recalls children's car seat
Michelin will recall its Michelin Cockpit car seats for children as a precautionary measure following a poor safety rating from French consumer magazine Que Choisir.
- 2008-06-02 CTNA joins EPA's SmartWay program
Continental Tire North America Inc. (CTNA) has joined the United States Environmental Protection Agency's SmartWay Transport Partnership.
- 2008-06-03 Michelin Sponsors Land Rover Monthly Billing Show
Michelin will be title sponsor of the LRM (Land Rover Monthly) Billing Show, which takes place at Billing Aquadrome, Northampton from 18 to 20 July.
- 2008-06-03 Yokohama will adjust consumer tire prices up to 6%
"Due to continued record increases in the costs of raw materials and energy," Yokohama Tire Corp. says it will adjust prices on its consumer tires by up to 6%, effective July 1, 2008.
- 2008-06-03 Turkish Workers Strike at Four Major Tire Plants
About 4,000 Turkish tire manufacturing workers went on strike over the weekend at four factories, demanding a 12% wage increase for the first six-month period of a two-year labor agreement, and the Turkish rate of inflation for each six-month period thereafter.
- 2008-06-03 Sumitomo Increasing Capacity at China Facility
Plans are reportedly underway to increase capacity at the Sumitomo Rubber (Changshu) Co. Ltd tyre facility in China by 20%.
- 2008-06-03 Cooper Tire Europe Plaintiff in Cartel Lawsuit
A number of tyre manufacturers have filed a lawsuit against chemical producers alleged to be members of a cartel operating in the late 1990s and early this decade.
- 2008-06-04 Amtel Wants to Buy Sibur Tire Business
Amtel-Vredestein has asked the Russian antimonopoly office to allow it to buy 100% of petrochemical firm Sibur's tire business.
- 2008-06-04 Goodyear’s 'Satisfaction Assurance' to Australia
Goodyear has marked the Australian launch of its latest safety-conscious tyre with a “Satisfaction Assured Trial” – an option unique in Australia for consumers to have their set of four new “Assurance” tyres replaced after 1000kms or within two weeks, inclusive of all refit charges.
- 2008-06-04 Pirelli Launches the Winter Sottozero Serie II
A Tyre for Today’s Winters, Cars and Regulations. It will meet the needs of the most demanding drivers.
- 2008-06-05 Bridgestone Narrows Tech Center Options
Bridgestone Americas Holding Inc. said it has narrowed the possible locations of its new world-class technical center to two choices: Murfreesboro, Tenn. or the Firestone Park area of Akron, Ohio.
- 2008-06-05 Conti Reports No Contact Over Truck Tyres
Continental has responded to claims from German news sources that Italian rival Pirelli is interested in buying the German manufacturer’s truck tyre business, stating that they have yet to be contacted.
- 2008-06-05 Pirelli to Start Russian Tyre Plant Negotiations
Pirelli & C. SpA has signed a letter of intent to begin negotiations for the construction of a car, light truck and heavy truck tyre plant in Russia.
- 2008-06-05 Goodyear Earns ‘Quality Excellence’ Award
Hino Motors Manufacturing U.S.A. Inc. presented Goodyear Tire & Rubber Co. with its Quality Excellence Award for commercial tires on Hino medium-duty trucks.
- 2008-06-06 Bridgestone Ships 10 Millionth Runflat
Bridgestone Corp. said it has shipped its 10 millionth runflat tire.
- 2008-06-06 Goodyear ‘Gets There’ With Award
Goodyear Tire & Rubber Co. and its advertising agencies – McCann Erickson, New York; MPG, Boston; and HFA, Akron – were awarded an Effie Award June 4 for the 2007 Goodyear "Get there" marketing campaign.
- 2008-06-06 Pirelli Tire Wins Aussie Test
Pirelli’s P6000 passenger tyre has taken the honors in the 195/60R15 (small/medium car) section of the 2008 Wheels Magazine Tyre Test, scoring 99.01 out of a possible 100.
- 2008-06-09 Hankook Boosts Investment For Eco-Friendly Tires
Hankook Tire Co. said it plans to spend some $19 million per year in its ongoing investment into developing more environmentally friendly tires.
- 2008-06-09 Goodyear Makes Addition Commercial Increases
Goodyear confirmed that it is increasing the prices of some of its Steelmark and Remington commercial truck tires by up to 10%, effective July 1.
- 2008-06-09 Israeli-Owned Company in Ukraine Tackles Old Tires
Ever wonder what happens with your old tires after you get new ones?
- 2008-06-10 Yokohama Sets Tire Sales Company in Thailand
Yokohama Rubber Co. has established Yokohama Tire Sales (Thailand) Co., Ltd. in Bangkok, Thailand.
- 2008-06-10 Bridgestone Establishes East Europe Sales Companies
Bridgestone Europe NV/SA has established three new sales subsidiaries in Eastern Europe.
- 2008-06-10 Michelin to Premiere X Energy SaverGreen Range at IAA Show
With the world premiere launch of the latest Renault Magnum comes the unveiling of Michelin’s new X Energy SaverGreen tyre range.
- 2008-06-10 Pirelli Wins Motoring Euro Press Plaudits in Summer Tests
Pirelli have obtained eight overall victories and two top-three placements in 11 tests conducted by European motoring authorities and the specialist press.
- 2008-06-11 Michelin on Top in Rolling Resistance Tests
An independent testing organisation has found that the Michelin Energy Saver tyre “has a rolling resistance 20% lower than its direct competitors.”
- 2008-06-11 Cooper partners with Formula Drift
Cooper Tire & Rubber Co. is partnering with Formula Drift for the fifth consecutive year.
- 2008-06-11 Marangoni and Continental team up to distribute ContiTread patterns
Marangoni SpA and Continental AG have agreed to work together in the retreading sector. The agreement will allow Marangoni Retreading Systems to produce and distribute Continental tread patterns (ContiTread) in Europe and other major markets worldwide.
- 2008-06-12 Wolverhampton’s Iconic Goodyear Chimney Set to Tumble
The days of an iconic Wolverhampton landmark are drawing to a close.
- 2008-06-12 Plant Explosion Kills One, Injures Six
One worker was killed and six others were injured in an early morning explosion yesterday at Goodyear Tire & Rubber Co.’s synthetic rubber plant near Houston.
- 2008-06-12 Pirelli To Sponsor Amputee Olympian
Pirelli SpA will sponsor South African sprinter Oscar Pistorius, a double amputee who plans to compete in the upcoming Olympic Games in Beijing.
- 2008-06-13 Cooper Tires Chosen for World of Wonders Expedition
Adventure Learning Foundation has selected the Cooper Discoverer S/T-C tire for use on the tenth leg of its World of Wonders educational expedition, which teaches school-aged children about the world’s people, cultures and places through an interactive, Web-based application.
- 2008-06-13 General’s Altimax Tops Tire Rack Survey
General Tire’s Altimax HP has earned the number one ranking in the Grand Touring All-Season Tire category in an online consumer survey of tires performed by Tire Rack.
- 2008-06-16 Goodyear Eagle Gets Super Mustang Fitment
Specially developed Goodyear Eagle F1 SuperСar radials are the exclusive tire for the new Ford Mustang Shelby GT500KR.
- 2008-06-16 Cooper Tire launches new Discoverer CTS
Cooper Tire & Rubber Co. marks the arrival of an all-new premium luxury touring SUV tire with an all-new performance edge.
- 2008-06-17 iVoice Technology Talks Tyre Trash
The U.S.-based company iVoice Technology has filed a patent application on a rubbish bin made entirely from recycled tyre crumb rubber.
- 2008-06-17 Michelin Kicks Off Tyre Pressure Campaign at Eurotunnel
Following on from its 2007 campaign, Michelin’s latest “Fill up with Air” roadshow kicks off at the Folkestone Eurotunnel Terminal on July 1-2.
- 2008-06-18 Michelin Raises Stake in Hankook
French tire maker Michelin said on Wednesday it had raised its stake in South Korean peer Hankook Tire to 8.9% from 6%.
- 2008-06-18 14-Day Turkish Tyre Strike Ends
A two-week tyre strike by 4,000 members of International Federation of Chemical, Energy, Mine and General Workers' Unions (ICEM) Turkish affiliate Lastik-Is ended on June 13, and workers from three tyre manufacturers resumed work the following day.
- 2008-06-18 Toyo Established Iberia Representative Office
Toyo Tire’s European subsidiary, Toyo Tire Europe GmbH, has established an Iberia representative office in Madrid, Spain.
- 2008-06-19 Cooper Expands in Mexico
Cooper Tire & Rubber Co. is building its presence in Mexico, striking a deal to partner in a capacity expansion project at that country’s second largest tire plant.
- 2008-06-20 Goodyear May Build Plant in Yaroslavl
For the first time in three years, a foreign tire-maker may build a plant in Russia. The U.S. company Goodyear is considering a $200-250-million project in Yaroslavl Region to produce up to 5 million car tires a year.
- 2008-06-20 Maxxis is debuting in Ukraine with its lineup
On June, 23, «ВестаМаркет» trade house («VestaMarket”), an exclusive representative of Maxxis in Ukraine, is presenting the lineup of the leading Chinese manufacturer, which occupies the 12th position among the top players in the global tyre business.
- 2008-06-20 Michelin Adds to Expansion Plans
Michelin North America, already committed to spending $350 million on various North American plant upgrades, added another $90 million to the pot earlier this week.
- 2008-06-20 Bridgestone and Michelin in Disagreement on Green Tests
French website autoactu.com has reported details of a conflict between major tyre manufacturers Bridgestone and Michelin over the comparative energy-saving properties of Michelin’s Energy range of tyres.
- 2008-06-20 Gori: Pirelli Must Expand in China, Russia & Brazil
Pirelli Tyre must consolidate its presence in mature markets and expand in high-growth areas such as China, Russia and Brazil, stated CEO Francesco Gori in an interview with Italian newspaper Milanzo Finanza.
- 2008-06-20 Voronezh Factory to Pay no Amtel-Vredestein Dividend
Russian media has reported that Amtel-Vredestein shareholders will receive no 2007 dividend from the Amtel Chernozemye tyre factory in Voronezh, Russia, following a decision made at the facility’s annual meeting on June 9.
- 2008-06-20 Goodyear Dunlop to Supply 100,000 Tyres to Police
Goodyear Dunlop has announced that it will work in partnership with the National Policing Improvement Agency, making it the main supplier of tyres to over 50 police forces in the country.
- 2008-06-24 Michelin adds two ultra-high performance tires to the Pilot Sport family
Two new Michelin Pilot Sport tires will be available to tire dealers by the end of October.
- 2008-06-25 Michelin earns OE fitment on 2009 Corvette ZR1
In 1953, General Motors Corp. launched the Corvette. Fifty-five years later, the first Corvette with a Michelin original equipment tire will hit the streets.
- 2008-06-24 Cooper Tire lowers North American production
Cooper Tire & Rubber Co said on Monday, June 23, it has reduced production in its North American facilities during the second quarter to counter decreased tire demand and projected shortages of certain raw materials.
- 2008-06-24 Get the Hump With New Mak Fuoco Wheel
МАК has launched the Fuoco, an innovative new SUV wheel featuring a special hump that allows particular run-flat tyres to be fitted to it. “Hump EH2+” holds ETRTO homologation, which opens up a whole new market for MAK.
- 2008-06-25 Goodyear Assurance ComforTred to be OE on Lincoln MKS
Goodyear Tire & Rubber Co.'s premium Assurance ComforTred tires, in size P235/55R18, will be standard original equipment on the 2009 Lincoln MKS, a new luxury sedan scheduled to hit dealer showrooms this summer.
- 2008-06-25 Goodyear Optitrac R+ OE for JCB Fastrac Models
Goodyear’s high speed Optitrac R+ farm radial tyre has been approved for fitment to the new 7000 series JCB Fastrac tractor.
- 2008-06-24 Continental demonstrates prototype tyre sensor technology
[[Continental]] AG has unveiled a new prototype cyber tyre technology, designed to demystify the tyre management process.
- 2008-06-25 Goodyear announces plan to close tire plant in Australia
Goodyear Tire & Rubber Co. plans to close its Australian manufacturing facility by the end of the year.
- 2008-06-26 Michelin Romania 2007 Turnover up 10.8%
Michelin Romania has posted a 2007 turnover of 340 million euros, a 10.8% increase over the sales of 306.8 million euros reported a year earlier.
- 2008-06-27 Another Round of Price Hikes for Bridgestone
Bridgestone Corp. said it will raise prices on tires sold through retailers as of September, citing high costs for such materials as natural and synthetic rubber.
- 2008-06-27 Michelin Ups Stake in Hankook
French tyre maker Michelin has raised its stake in Hankook Tire Co. to nearly 10% through stock market purchases, the South Korean company said on Friday.
- 2008-06-30 A-V, Sibur Russan Tyres Joined in Stock Deal
After months of speculation and negotiations, a deal has been struck that will join Russia’s two largest tiremakers – Amtel-Vredestein and Sibur-Russian Tyres.
- 2008-06-30 Goodyear Temporarily Closes Canadian Plant
Goodyear’s Napanee plant between Belleville and Kingston in Ontario is to close for a week as the manufacturer continues to react against a stagnating marketplace.
- 2008-06-30 Nokian Tyres to Increase Presence in Ukraine
Nokian Tyres is reportedly partnering with Immo Industry Group and Aladdin Group to develop its distribution operation in Ukraine.
- 2008-06-30 Goodyear Shares Slump
- 2008-07-01 New summer pattern line MP 44 Elite 3, brand Matador
A novelty for the 2009 summer season – in the segment of summer HIGH PERFORMANCE tyres for middle and upper medium range cars. Compare to its predecessor MP 42 Elite 2, the asymmetric tread pattern MP 44 Elite 3 brings improved proporties in the area of handling, safety on wet and dry surfaces, comfort and life.
- 2008-06-27 CTNA sponsors Porsche Parade
Continental Tire North America Inc. (CTNA) is the title sponsor of next week's Porsche Parade Gimmick Rally in Charlotte, N.C. The parade will start at CTNA headquarters on June 30.
- 2008-07-01 MNA Adds New Laredo AWT II
Michelin North America has introduced the Uniroyal Laredo AWT II, designed for on- and off-road applications.
- 2008-07-01 Conti tire reaches 254 miles per hour
An ultra-high performance tire from Continental AG, the ContiSportContact Vmax, recently reached a speed of 254 miles per hour (or 409 kilometers per hour) on a Porsche GT9.
- 2008-07-01 Michelin will raise consumer, commercial tire prices
Michelin North America Inc. will raise prices on its Michelin, BFGoodrich, Uniroyal, private and associate brand passenger and light truck replacement tires up to 12%, effective Sept. 1.
- 2008-07-01 Pirelli Confirms Higher Targets Despite Weakening Car Sales
Comments given by Pirelli & C Spa chairman Marco Tronchetti Provera indicate that targets for company’s tyre business remain slightly higher despite declining car sales in Western Europe.
- 2008-07-02 Goodyear Seeks Exemption From U.S. Recall
In spite of determining that some 82,000 tyres produced between 2007 and March 2008 featured sidewall labelling not fully in compliance with U.S. safety standards, [[Goodyear]] has petitioned the National Highway Transport Safety Authority (NHTSA) to exempt the products from a recall.
- 2008-07-02 Kumho Workers Strike Over Wage Dispute
Partial day strike action at Kumho’s two main South Korean facilities is likely to cost the company about KRW 2.98 billion (£1.4 million) a day in lost output.
- 2008-07-03 Conti Increases Stake in Continental Matador
Continental has increased its share in Continental Matador Rubber following a July 1 agreement to transfer an additional 15 per cent of Continental Matador shares.
- 2008-07-03 Bridgestone Wins Thamesdown Bus Fleet Deal
Bridgestone Tyres has gained a contract with Thamesdown Transport, the Swindon-based bus company. Bridgestone will be supplying its range of specialised bus tyres to Thamesdown’s entire fleet.
- 2008-07-04 Fulda Saves Panda from Extinction
Fulda is sponsoring a 1991 Fiat Panda 4x4 taking part in the Mongol Rally 2008. The Fiat will set off on the 19th July and will be fitted with the Fulda EcoControl tyres.
- 2008-07-07 Cooper Tire to Build in Franklin
A global tire manufacturer is relocating its distribution operations to Franklin, Ind., and creating 60 jobs by 2011.
- 2008-07-07 Goodyear Dunlop Makes Investment in Wolverhampton
Goodyear Dunlop Tyres has announced that further ‘substantial’ investment will be made in its Wolverhampton truck tyre retreading facility.
- 2008-07-07 Kumho Gets OE Deal from Ford
Kumho Tire USA Inc. has gained an OE fitment from Ford.
- 2008-07-08 Goodyear is recalling 5,300 winter tires
Goodyear Tire & Rubber Co. will be recalling 5,300 Dunlop Sport 3D. These tires were manufactured between Sept 4, 2005, through May 17, 2008.
- 2008-07-08 M&R Intros TPMS Safe Balance Compound
The maker of Magnum Tire Balancing Compound recently introduced a new tire balancing compound it claims can be safely used with TPMS-equipped tires.
- 2008-07-08 Finalists Picked for BFNAT Video Contest
The top 10 finalists have been chosen in the Bridgestone/Firestone North American Tire’s 2008 Safety Scholars video contest.
- 2008-07-08 Michelin Sponsors 2008 Ballymena Business Award
The Michelin Athletic Club in Ballymena, Northern Ireland has played host to the launch of the Ballymena Business Excellence Awards 2008.
- 2008-07-08 Cooper adds sizes to Zeon, Discoverer lines
Cooper Tire & Rubber Co. has added sizes to several of its key lines, including the Cooper Zeon XSTA, a new all-season sport truck tire.
- 2008-07-09 Pirelli Completes Group Buyback
Pirelli SpA has closed its repurchase of its tire group, buying out the remaining 19.19% owned by Speed SpA.
- 2008-07-09 Toyo Taking Hike in Japan
Toyo Tire & Rubber Co. plans to raise prices on its replacement tires sold in Japan.
- 2008-07-09 Analysts Downgrade Michelin Shares to Sell
Michelin shares have dropped by 6.44% following Societe Generale SA’s decision to downgrade the leading French tyre manufacturer’s stock to ‘sell.’ Societe Generale had previously rated Michelin as “hold.”
- 2008-07-10 New Machinery Launch On Rosava Plant
The largest tyre manufacturer in Ukraine “Rosava”, selling its products in 53 countries worldwide, is modernizing its production by installing new hi-tech machinery.
- 2008-07-11 Goodyear One of America's Most Respected
Goodyear was once again named one of America's most respected companies by the Reputation Institute (RI) and Forbes magazine.
- 2008-07-11 Michelin North America Seeks Rugby International Sponsors
Michelin North America is offering sponsorships for the international rugby match between top-division French Rugby Union side Clermont-Auvergne and the USA Eagles in South Carolina on Aug. 9.
- 2008-07-11 Pirelli Looks to Double Share in China
Pirelli SpA plans to invest some $100 million over the next two years to double its tire production capacity in China.
- 2008-07-14 Bridgestone Increases UHP Tyre Production in France
Bridgestone Europe has invested 32 million euros in increasing production capacity at its Béthune, France, passenger-car tyre plant.
- 2008-07-14 Michelin to Help China Mine Customer
Groupe Michelin and China’s largest surface coal mine, China Coal Pingshuo, signed a three-year renewable contract in which Michelin will provide and maintain 53/80R63 tires for the Komatsu 930E trucks that CCP operates in the mine.
- 2008-07-14 Goodyear Plans Commercial Tyre Unit for China
Chinese news sources are suggesting strongly that plans are in progress at Goodyear for a new US$500 million facility in Dalian, China.
- 2008-07-14 Pirelli Name-Checked on Ferrari Game
Pirelli has been given a name-check, as the virtual-competition sponsor in the title of the new racing game, Ferrari Challenge: Trofeo Pirelli.
- 2008-07-14 Continental Puts European Tyre Prices Up 5%
Continental AG has announced that it will increase its European passenger car and light truck tyre prices (across of all brands) by 5%.
- 2008-07-15 Yokohama Hooked on Driving
Yokohama’s Advan brand was named the official tire sponsor of Hooked on Driving, an advanced driving instruction program.
- 2008-07-15 Dunlop Sweeps Out of Nigeria
Dunlop, the last tyre manufacturer with a factory in Nigeria, is set to leave the country, favouring the importation of tyres from other nations, such as South Africa.
- 2008-07-15 TUV Sud Shows Michelin Energy Saver as Lowest Cost
Independent testing organisation TUV Sud has shown that Michelin’s Energy Saver tyres lend motorists considerable savings over competitors’ brands.
- 2008-07-15 Report: Bridgestone to Announce 26% Profit Fall at Year End
Bridgestone Corp is expected to announce a sharp fall in group operating profits as a result of rising rubber prices.
- 2008-07-16 Conti Takeover Run Takes Twists and Turns
News about Schaeffler Group’s run at Continental AG continues to come fast and furious, with European financial analysts now weighing in on how they see the deal coming down.
- 2008-07-16 Goodyear Employees May Vote on Agreement for Early Plant Closure
Goodyear Tire & Rubber Co. may close its Tyler plant prior to the expiration of the master union contract, thus releasing about 60 remaining employees early, if the local union membership votes to ratify an agreement for closure.
- 2008-07-16 Pirelli Carlisle Cuts 60 Manufacturing Jobs
Pirelli’s Carlisle, England, factory, which employs 1,000 workers, is set to cut back 60 jobs from the firm’s operation due to foreign competition and lost orders, say local news sources.
- 2008-07-17 Dunlop Gains Six OE Wins in Six Months
Dunlop’s OE team are celebrating six original equipment wins in six months.
- 2008-07-17 Michelin Clocks Up Half a Million Hours of Training Success
Michelin Training Centre is celebrating delivering its 500,000th hour of high training.
- 2008-07-17 Goodyear Still Isn't for Sale
An offer by a California company to buy Goodyear Tire & Rubber Co.'s off-the-road tire business has gone nowhere because Goodyear says the operation isn't for sale.
- 2008-07-17 Conti Invests $60 Million in Mt. Vernon Facility
Continental Tire North America will invest an additional $60 million in its Mt. Vernon, Ill., manufacturing plant over the next three years, bringing the total amount invested in the facility since 2006 to more than $220 million.
- 2008-07-17 BFNAT Plant Gets Environment Award
Bridgestone/Firestone North American Tire’s Warren County, Tenn., medium truck tire plant recently received the 2008 Governor’s Environmental Stewardship Award for accomplishments in pollution prevention.
- 2008-07-18 Pirelli Seek Consolidation in Turkish Buyout
Pirelli has begun to negotiate the buying out of minority shareholders in its Turkish units Turk Pirelli Lastikleri – which supplies commercial and passenger car tyres – and Celikord, a steel cord manufacturer.
- 2008-07-18 Dunlop Launches ‘Petrolhead Haven’
According to the tyre manufacturer, the Dunlop Drivers Club stand was one of Goodwood Festival of Speed’s highlights.
- 2008-07-21 Bridgestone North America Divisions Donate to US Flood Relief
Since June the US state of Iowa has experienced its worst flooding in 15 years, with rivers throughout the state bursting their banks.
- 2008-07-21 Toyota Becomes Canadian Retailer of Conti Products
Continental has expanded its retail presence in Canada following the signing of an agreement with Toyota.
- 2008-07-21 Tyler Workers OK Closure Plan
USW members at Goodyear’s Tyler, Texas, tire plant have voted to allow the tiremaker to shutter the facility ahead of schedule. The vote late last week accepted Goodyear’s proposal to close down the plant in advance of the original Dec. 31 date.
- 2008-07-21 Michelin Signs 3-Year A1GP Tyre Contract
Michelin is the new exclusive tyre partner to A1GP World Cup of Motorsport, starting with the 2008/09 season. The French manufacturer has signed a three-year contract and replaces Cooper Tire, which had produced A1GP’s control tyres since the series’ inception in 2005.
- 2008-07-22 Hankook and Kumho Resume Tyre Supply to GM Daewoo
South Korean vehicle manufacturer GM Daewoo Automotive and Technology recommenced production at is Bupyeong facility on July 22 following the resumption of its tyre supply.
- 2008-07-22 Conti to Acquire 89.66% Stake in its Turkish Tyre Distributor
Continental AG reports it has agreed to acquire 89.66 per cent of Turkey based tyre distributor Oltas Spa.
- 2008-07-23 Michelin NA Opens Second Retail Outlet
Michelin North America celebrated the grand opening of a second retail outlet on July 22.
- 2008-07-23 Goodyear Dunlop Embark on Charity Tour de Midlands
Thirteen employees of Goodyear Dunlop are staging a four-day, 320-mile endurance cycle ride to benefit Birmingham Children’s Hospital.
- 2008-07-23 Vredestein Aims for Icy Markets with New Arctrac
Last year’s Winter Tyre Review (T&A, September 2007) featured three Vredestein tyres designed to withstand cold weather.
- 2008-07-24 Michelin To Increase Replacement Tyre Prices in Japan
In the second half of 2008 Nihon Michelin Tire Co., Ltd will raise the delivery prices for its replacement market products in Japan.
- 2008-07-25 Search on for Pirelli ‘Star Driver’
Since its launch earlier this year, the Pirelli Star Driver scheme has attracted significant interest, with competitors from around the world seeking to win a drive in a series of six FIA World Rally Championship events.
- 2008-07-25 Cooper Strikes Deal with Lightning GT
Cooper Tire’s ultra-high performance Cooper Zeon 2XS is to be unveiled as OE on the new electric sportscar, the Lightning GT, at the British International Motor Show, currently taking place at Excel in London until 3 August.
- 2008-07-25 Michelin Boasts Safety & Performance Benefits From New Drive Tyre
Michelin has developed a new all-purpose drive axle tyre it claims is ideally suited for both road and motorway use in all weather conditions.
- 2008-07-28 Bridgestone to Supply Potenza OE for Cadillac STS
[[Bridgestone]] [[Firestone]] North American Tire (BFNT) has announced the OE supply of its Potenza RE050A tyres for the 2009 Cadillac STS touring saloon, Bridgestone’s first fitment deal for this vehicle.
- 2008-07-28 Yokohama to Manufacture Tyres in Brazil, Russia
To meet growing demand in Russia and Brazil, Yokohama Rubber intends to begin manufacturing passenger car tyres in these two countries, with production commencing as early as 2010.
- 2008-07-28 Dunlop Zimbabwe Voices its Commitment to the Home Market
Zimbabwe’s sole domestic tyre manufacturer, Dunlop Zimbabwe, states it remains committed to continuing local operations.
- 2008-07-29 Meeting Secures Threatened Jobs at Pirelli Plant in Spain
A July 21 meeting between Pirelli chairman Marco Tronchetti Provera, management from the company’s tyre manufacturing facility in Manresa, Spain, and regional government officials has resulted in a deal that has reportedly secured the jobs of 280 Manresa factory employees.
- 2008-07-29 CSEasy Wins Another Innovation Award
The CSEasy industrial tyre system developed by Continental has won the silver 'IQ Innovation Prize Central Germany 2008'. Judges met three times to establish the winner of the Chemicals/Plastics sector.
- 2008-07-29 Cooper to Sell 10.71% Kumho Share
Kumho Tires is looking for investors to acquire a £54.9 million share in itself currently owned by Cooper Tire & Rubber, reports a company spokesperson.
- 2008-07-30 Bridgestone’s Tech Centre Stays in Akron
Akron, Ohio received the good news yesterday that Bridgestone will build its new Technical Centre facility in the city, meaning that the 600 jobs already stationed in the area will remain situated in their current location.
- 2008-07-31 Titan Ships First Production 63-Incher
Titan Tire Corporation said it has shipped its first 63-inch radial OTR tire and wheel assemblies.
- 2008-08-01 Toyo Adds 10 New Sizes
Toyo Tire USA Corp. has added 10 new tire sizes to some of its passenger and light truck/SUV lines.
- 2008-08-04 New sizes coming for BFGoodrich Mud-Terrain T/AKM2
Michelin North America Inc.'s BFGoodrich Mud-Terrain T/AKM2 tires are now available in size 285/75R16, and additional sizes will be coming later this month and next.
- 2008-08-04 Cooper expands tire lines
Cooper Tire & Rubber Co. has expanded its tire lines for high performance and sport utility vehicles.
- 2008-08-05 Pirelli Doing JV Plant in Russia
Pirelli SpA said it would partner with Russian Technologies State Corp. on a joint venture tire plant to be built in Russia.
- 2008-08-05 Kumho Announces Price Increase
Prices on Kumho Tire USA Inc. tires will increase up to 10% as of Sept. 1, the company said.
- 2008-08-05 Falken Ups Prices
Falken Tire Corp. said it is increasing prices on all of its Falken brand passenger and light truck/SUV tires sold in the U.S. as of Sept. 1.
- 2008-08-07 INTERIM REPORT FOR NOKIAN TYRES PLC JANUARY-JUNE 2008
Continued strong sales growth, clear improvement in profits. The Group’s net sales were up by 22.6% to EUR 530.3 million (EUR 432.5 million in the corresponding period 2007). Operating profit increased to EUR 128.6 million (EUR 89.2 million), and EPS rose to EUR 0.80 (EUR 0.57). In 2008 the company is positioned to achieve strong growth in sales and to outperform the previous year’s results.
- 2008-08-06 Cooper Unloads Kumho Share
Cooper Tire & Rubber Co. says it has completely liquidated its holdings in Kumho Asiana, parent of Kumho Tire Co.
- 2008-08-06 Goodyear Sets 10% Price Hike
Goodyear has joined the latest round of industry prices increases, announcing a Sept. 1 price hike of up to 10%.
- 2008-08-07 The Marangoni Tyre winter product range will feature two new models
At Reifen Essen 2008, Marangoni Tyre will present its new 4Winter tyre, conceived for medium-sized vehicles and, more specifically, designed with the rigid winters of Central Europe in mind. The perfect mastery of compound technologies (SPE, Silica, and Fom IC), the directional design, and the particular tread pattern (including sipes) make it a product that will satisfy the upper levels of the market in terms of performance under winter driving conditions.
- 2008-08-07 Goodyear Plant to Shut Down for 16 Days
Goodyear's Gadsden plant will be shutting down production of tires for 16 days beginning Aug. 16, and four other Goodyear consumer tire plants also are reducing tire production, the company said Wednesday.
- 2008-08-07 Goodyear Honors Olympian Supporters
With the Summer Olympic Games set to begin this week in China, Goodyear Tire & Rubber Co. honored three U.S. team member coaches for their support.
- 2008-08-08 Michelin Claims Energy Tires Have Saved
Michelin claims that more than 2.6 billion gallons of fuel have been saved and more than 27 million tons of CO2 emissions have been avoided because of its “green energy-saving tires.”
- 2008-08-11 Rosen Leading Goodyear Dunlop
Joseph Rosen has been named president and chairman of motorcycle tire producer Goodyear Dunlop Tires North America Ltd.
- 2008-08-11 Toyo Increasing Prices Oct. 1
As of Oct. 1, Toyo Tire USA Corp. will increase prices on all of its consumer and commercial tires by up to 10%.
- 2008-08-11 Mastercraft Deal ‘Mutually Satisfactory,’ Says Silverline
Mastercraft, an associate brand of Cooper Tire & Rubber, has appointed Warwick-based Silverline International as its official U.K. distributor.
- 2008-08-11 Asia Sales Make Up for US Decline, Says Lanxess
Global number two producer of butyl rubber for use in tyres, Lanxess AG, believes the decline in demand from U.S. tyre manufacturers will more than be compensated for by sales in China and India.
- 2008-08-11 Bridgestone H1 Results Show Lower Profits
Bridgestone Corp. has released details of its consolidated business and financial results for the period Jan. 1 to June 30, the first half of the current fiscal year.
- 2008-08-11 RAC Condemns Hypermiling
While fuel-saving measures such as keeping your tyres at the correct pressure and driving intelligently are both praiseworthy and sensible, there are fears that some drivers are going too far in their efforts to improve mileage.
- 2008-08-12 County OKs BFNAT Center Funds
Bridgestone/Firestone North American Tire received good news as Summit County Council approved $7.3 million towards its planned new technical center in Akron.
- 2008-08-12 Goodyear Presentation to be on the Web
Goodyear Tire & Rubber Co. officials will be presenting at the upcoming 11th annual JP Morgan Harbour Auto Conference, to be held in Dearborn, Mich. on Aug. 14.
- 2008-08-12 Schaeffler ‘Very Satisfied’ With Loan Package
Reuters reports that the ball bearing maker has successfully arranged a 16.1 billion euro loan.
- 2008-08-12 Dunlop Tops Tire Rack Test
In a new evaluation of summer performance tires by Tire Rack, the Dunlop Direzza Sport Z1 Star Spec topped the Bridgestone Potenza RE-01R, Yokohama Advan Neova AD07 and Hankook Ventus R-S2 Z212 tires, Goodyear claimed.
- 2008-08-12 New Conti Steer Radial Out
Continental Tire North America has introduced the Continental HSL2, a long haul steer axle radial.
- 2008-08-12 Yokohama Results Show Strong Tyre Sales in Emerging Markets
The Yokohama Rubber Co. Ltd., has reported a 1.3% increase in net sales, to 123.1 billion yen (£582.1 million), in the three months ended June 30, the first quarter of the 2009 fiscal year.
- 2008-08-12 Toyo an OE Partner for Record Breaking Renault Model
The sportiest version of Renault’s Mégane yet manufactured, the Mégane Renaultsport R26.R, is to feature Toyo tyres as an OE option.
- 2008-08-13 Conti’s Supervisory Board Open to Talks With Schaeffler
Continental AG’s management is struggling to find a majority willing to back its anti-takeover strategy on the group’s supervisory board.
- 2008-08-13 Analysts Says Schaeffler Bid Will Win Out
Some European financial analysts now say that Continental AG will not succeed in fending off the hostile takeover moves of Schaeffler Group.
- 2008-08-13 Indian Rubber Exports Rise 38% in April-July
India's natural rubber exports are said to have increased 38% between April and July this year, according to estimates from the country’s Rubber Board.
- 2008-08-13 Toyo Posts Net Loss in Q1 2008
Toyo Tire & Rubber Co. has announced its consolidated business results for the first quarter of the 2008 financial year, the period ending June 30.
- 2008-08-13 World Rubber Summit, Tyrexpo Asia Join Forces for Singapore Show
The International Rubber Study Group (IRSG) is to stage its next World Rubber Summit alongside TyrexpoAsia 09.
- 2008-08-13 Let God bless you, Georgia!
"iTyre" Ltd has held a special meeting related to the situation in Caucasus and adopted several resolutions
- 2008-08-13 China Tyre Output Growth Slows
China’s tyre industry, now the world’s largest, is tipped to experience slowing growth in the first half of the year as exports begin feeling the affect of a global economic slowdown.
- 2008-08-14 Pirelli Factory a Potential Terrorist Target?
A report published by Italy’s La Stampa newspaper on Aug. 12 suggests a possibility that Pirelli’s tyre manufacturing plant in Turin may be a planned target for terrorists.
- 2008-08-14 Michelin Suspected of Market Abuse in France
The French Ministry of Finance is looking into the possibility that Michelin has abused its market power in its home market.
- 2008-08-14 Hankook Ups Prices 10%
Citing increasing raw materials and energy costs, Hankook Tire America Corp. is raising prices by up to 10% on its full line of passenger, light truck, and medium duty truck tires.
- 2008-08-14 RMA Projects 2008 US Tyre Shipments to Decrease 4%
Tyre shipments in the US are projected to decline by nearly 4 per cent this year compared to 2007, says the Rubber Manufacturers Association.
- 2008-08-15 Apollo Cancels Hungary Plans
India's Apollo Tyres cancelled plans to build a $298 million tire plant in Hungary.
- 2008-08-15 Pirelli Joins Price Hike Round
Pirelli Tire North America is increasing prices in the U.S. up to 7% as of Nov. 1.
- 2008-08-15 Goodyear Dunlop Launches Health and Safety Plan After Accident
Goodyear Dunlop has announced the launch of a global health and safety plan after a worker was injured in an accident at the company’s Wolverhampton plant.
- 2008-08-15 BFNAT Commercials in Cannes Finals
Bridgestone/Firestone North American Tire’s two Super Bowl commercials have been selected as finalists in the Cannes Lions International Advertising Festival.
- 2008-08-15 Sumitomo Results Show Higher Sales, Lower Profits
Sumitomo Rubber Industries has released its consolidated interim results for the period between Jan. 1 and June 30, and these figures show a pattern echoed throughout the tyre industry at present – increased sales but reduced profits.
- 2008-08-18 Hankook Points to Tyre Tests to Confirm Rolling Resistance Qualities
The latest 18-inch UHP wide-base tyre test published in Germany’s leading automotive consumer magazine “Auto Bild” shows that paying attention to rolling resistance does not necessarily have to come attached to an unacceptable sacrifice in the areas of handling or braking.
- 2008-08-18 200 UK Jobs Gone With Closure of Michelin Service Centre
The Manchester based shared service centre operated by Michelin has become a victim of outsourcing, with the resultant loss of 200 jobs.
- 2008-08-18 ITC Finalizes Anti-Dumping Ruling Against Chinese
The International Trade Commission affirmed a previous ruling by the Commerce Department, voting 5-1 to place anti-dumping and countervailing duties on certain TR tires imported from China.
- 2008-08-18 ‘Our Business Policy is Impeccable’ – Michelin
Groupe Michelin has responded to an article published by newspaper Le Figaro, which stated France’s competition council was looking into a case of market abuse involving the tyre maker.
- 2008-08-18 Apollo Tyres unit shut down
A lock-out was declared at Apollo Tyres’ facility in on August 16, reportedly due to a lack of production and strike action from a portion of the workforce.
- 2008-08-18 Conti Wants Better Terms in Takeover Deal
Apparently now resigned that a takeover is inevitable, Continental AG is trying to steer matters in a more amicable fashion.
- 2008-08-18 Amtel-Vredestein Delivers $222 Million Loss in 2007
Despite net sales rising 29.4% to $994 million in the full 2007 year to Dec. 1, Amtel-Vredestein has recorded a pretax loss of $222 million for the year.
- 2008-08-18 If Only They Had Run-Flats
Flat tyre precipitates Russia/Georgia conflict
- 2008-08-18 Hungarian City 'Invites' Apollo Factory Bid
The Hungarian city of Polgar, has reportedly invited a bid for Apollo Tyres to build a 200 million euro factory there.
- 2008-08-19 ATC Claims Washington Land Purchase
American Tire Corp. now claims it has acquired some 520 acres of land in Washington state on which it plans to build its $500 million OTR tire plant – a facility that earlier this year it had claimed was already under construction.
- 2008-08-19 26 More Hungarian Municipalities ‘Interested’ in Apollo Tyre Factory
The Hungarian Ministry of Economy and National Development has announced that a total twenty-seven Hungarian municipalities have signed a letter of intent to become the new site for Apollo Tyres’ new 200 million tyre factory.
- 2008-08-19 Apollo Seeks Government Help Over Lockout
Management at Apollo Tyres, who instigated a lockout at the company’s factory in Kerala, India, are now seeking local government intervention.
- 2008-08-19 Natural Rubber Price Levels Off
The price of natural rubber is finally starting to level off, after increasing 40 per cent in the last year.
- 2008-08-19 Amtel-Vredestein Suspends Production at Kirov Factory
Upon making the announcement on August 19 the company said the stoppage is the result of a working capital shortage it has experienced in recent months.
- 2008-08-19 The Greenest Tyres
Tyre manufacturers have been using recycled rubber in agricultural and OTR tyres for some time, but new research shows that lower rolling resistance passenger and truck tyres could be greener still if they also used ultra fine recycled rubber powder in their compound recipes.
- 2008-08-20 Michelin Hits 3 Million Mark
Michelin North America celebrated production of its 3 millionth aircraft tire at its plant in Norwood, N.C.
- 2008-08-20 Toyo Starts Expansion at Georgia Plant
Toyo Tire North America Manufacturing Inc. will hold groundbreaking ceremonies on Aug. 26 at its White, Ga., tire plant.
- 2008-08-20 Toyo Presenting Sponsor of Speed Races
Toyo has been named the presenting sponsor of this weekend’s SCCA Speed GT and Touring Car races at Mosport International Raceway, and presenting sponsor of the Speed Touring Car season finale at Road Atlanta.
- 2008-08-19 Balfour Beatty Trials Cooper Discoverer S/T Tyres
Balfour Beatty, the engineering, construction, services and investment business, is currently undertaking a “hugely successful” trial of Cooper Tire & Rubber Company’s Discoverer S/T tyres.
- 2008-08-20 Goodyear to Close 92 US Retail Outlets
Goodyear plans to close 92 – 12 per cent – of its 742 company owned retail outlets in the US, and eliminate 600 full and part-time jobs.
- 2008-08-22 Conti Concludes “Far Reaching” Agreement with Schaeffler
After more than a month of talks and controversy, on August 21 Continental AG announced it has entered into what it calls a ‘far reaching investment agreement’ with Schaeffler KG, Mrs. Maria-Elisabeth Schaeffler and Mr. Georg F.W. Schaeffler.
- 2008-08-22 Cooper to Free Up Domestic Capacity with China Imports
According to reports, Cooper Tire expects to receive around 2.5 million tyres from its Cooper Chengshan Tire facility in China during 2008.
- 2008-08-21 Toyota SA to Change OE Tyre After Safety Concerns Voiced
Toyota South Africa has acknowledged that the tyres fitted to its strong selling Fortuner SUV model may cause the vehicle to experience handling problems on gravel surfaces.
- 2008-08-21 Bridgestone to Mark 200th Grand Prix at New Venue
Bridgestone is set to celebrate its 200th appearance in Formula One at this weekend’s European Grand Prix, which will take place on the streets of Valencia for the first time.
- 2008-08-21 LIONAX Supplies China's Public Transportation With TPMS Safeguard for the Olympic Games
LIONAX, the first Chinese company listed on Euronext, today announces that it has recently supplied TPMS safeguards to the public transportation for China's Olympic Games.
- 2008-08-22 Hankook US Prices Rising up to 10%
As of October 1, prices for Hankook Tire products in the US will increase by up to 10 per cent.
- 2008-08-21 CTNA Takes Truck Tire Hike
Continental Tire North America will up the pricing on all of its OE and replacement medium truck tires as of Oct. 1.
- 2008-08-22 Unveiling of the new exclusive light metal wheel TRENTA at Automechanika
Rim manufacturer RIAL is celebrating their 30th anniversary and are celebrating this at the Automechanika in Frankfurt with the unveiling of a worldwide novelty: the exclusive light metal wheel TRENTA.
- 2008-08-23 Pirelli Acquires Minority Shareholding in Turkish Tyre Units
Pirelli & C SpA reports its tyre division has purchased the minority shareholdings in the two tyre companies it controls in Turkey for 43 million euros.
- 2008-08-23 Tyre Industry Set to Take Larger Slice of India’s NR Cake
The share of natural rubber consumed by the tyre industry in India is likely to increase in the years to come, says the Automotive Tyre Manufacturers Association (ATMA).
- 2008-08-22 New Steer Radial from Hankook
Hankook Tire America has released the Hankook AL07+, a long-haul steer radial.
- 2008-08-25 Bridgestone voluntarily recalls 4,202 motorcycle tires
Bridgestone Firestone North American Tire LLC (BFNT) has initiated a voluntary recall campaign on behalf of Bridgestone Corp. of Japan to replace 4,202 specialty motorcycle tires.
- 2008-08-27 Bridgestone Recalls Tyres in US
Bridgestone Firestone North American Tire (BFNT) has announced the start of a recall campaign in the US involving approximately 2,100 SUV tyres.
- 2008-08-25 Goodyear VEBA Trust Approved by Federal Court
The Goodyear Tire & Rubber Company announced that the Voluntary Employees' Beneficiary Association trust (VEBA) proposed by it and the United Steelworkers union has been approved by U.S. District Court Judge John R. Adams.
- 2008-08-27 Pirelli Shuts Two Plants
Pirelli’s plant in Carlisle has been shut since Thursday, when workers were told to stay away following the discovery of a problem with the building’s boiler system. Company has also sent home its workforce at the other UK factory in Burton.
- 2008-08-27 MAK to Appear at Automechanika
Italian wheel manufacturer MAK has announced that its presence will be felt at the next Automechanika – the international fair dedicated to car components and accessories. The event will be held in Frankfurt between Tuesday 16 September and Sunday 21 September.
- 2008-08-26 Tatneft and Continental to build a new tyre plant
The new integral steel-cord tyre plant being constructed in the territory of Nizhnekamskshina for buses and trucks is to produce the first certified tyres in September 2009.
- 2008-08-27 Bridgestone Celebrates first decades in Aiken County
The Bridgestone Firestone plant near Graniteville produced its first tire Aug. 26, 1998. Exactly 10 years later, the plant manufactures 25,000 tires every day, using 800,000 pounds of raw material.
- 2008-08-26 Toyo rolls along with more expansion in Georgia
Toyo Tire North America Manufacturing Inc. will soon start a third expansion in Bartow County, Ga., in four years, adding 400 new jobs and spending $270 million.
- 2008-08-25 Michelin Introduces New Tires On Great American Trucking Show
Michelin Americas Truck Tires has unveiled the latest tire in its revolutionary X One wide single tire line—the MICHELIN X One XDN2 tire.
- 2008-08-28 Hino Motors honors Bridgestone Bandag
Bridgestone Bandag Tire Solutions received the Delivery Achievement Award from Hino Motors Manufacturing for 100% on-time delivery and delivery accuracy in 2007.
- 2008-08-28 U.S. Congress Orders Rolling Resistance Information Campaign
Following some 12 years during which it blocked any attempt to introduce a tyre rolling resistance standard, the US Congress has responded to climbing fuel prices by ordering a consumer information programme by next year to inform consumers what to expect from tyres in terms of fuel economy.
- 2008-08-28 New Nokian TRI 2 sizes: Tender and soft green area maintenance and grassland farming
The blockpatterned Nokian TRI 2 is a reliable partner for modern-day farmers and equipment contractors. Good grip, high load-bearing capacity and a pleasant driving feeling facilitate contractors' routines throughout the year.
- 2008-08-28 New Nokian Forest Rider rim size gives much needed efficiency and radial tyre comfort to smaller forestry machines
The Nokian Forest Rider, designed for CTL (cut-to-length) forestry machines, is the first functional radial tyre for professional forestry use. The size range of the tyre, which has won over users with its driving comfort, durability and supreme traction, will now expand.
- 2008-08-28 New machinery for “Rosava” plant
The installation and launch of new machinery in “Rosava” plant has successfully been completed. The representatives of Harburg Freudenberg, a well-known for its highly precise tyre equipment German company, carried out the installation works.
- 2008-08-29 Michelin scraps Mexico plant plan due US slowdown
France's Michelin, one of the worlds' biggest tyre groups, said on Friday it was shelving plans for a second plant in Mexico as it adjusted its capacity downwards in North America due to lower demand.
- 2008-08-29 New AVID Touring-S™ Added to Yokohama Tire Corporation Lineup
Yokohama Tire Corporation is adding a new tire to its popular AVID line: the AVID Touring-S™. The tire will be available in tire stores across the U.S. in the fall of 2008.
- 2008-08-30 Finichi Launches the Firenze
Italian Wheel Designer Finichi has released its latest design. The Firenze features an ‘aggressive’ split spoke design and deep stainless steel lip that contrasts with the spokes, which can be specified in black or, for those wanting a look more in keeping with OEM fitments, hypersilver.
- 2008-08-30 Apollo Begins Quest for New Factory Site in Hungary, Slovakia
Apollo Tyres will begin its search for possible new sites for its European factory at the start of September. According to the company’s public relations agent in Hungary, sites both in Hungary and Slovakia will be considered.
- 2008-08-29 New Compound Improves Energy Efficiency in Tyres
ExxonMobil Chemical today announced the start-up of a manufacturing facility at its existing site in Pensacola, Fla., that provides new capacity for the production of a new tyre material technology that the company says can improve vehicle fuel efficiency.
- 2008-08-31 Michelin Praised For Military Service
Citing superior tire quality and delivery service, the United States military's Defense Supply Center Columbus (DSCC) has recognized two divisions of Michelin North America with performance awards.
- 2008-09-01 Continental Tire Canada Sponsors Porsche Club
Being an official sponsor of the CanAm Challenge for the second year in a row, Continental Tire Canada, Inc., is pleased to announce its on-going relationship with the Porsche Club of America in the upper Canadian region for 2009.
- 2008-08-30 First Stage in Pirelli "Cyber Tyre" Technology Coming 2010
Pirelli is close to releasing its latest tyre technology – an "intelligent" tyre fitted with a microchip within its carcass.
- 2008-09-02 Firestone Winterhawk 2 a Timely Arrival for Winter
Enhanced safety and driving comfort with the Firestone Winterhawk 2The new and improved high performance winter tyre gives you the reassurance of superior control of your vehicle. Comfort and economy create the perfect package.
- 2008-09-01 Bridgestone Closes Warehouse
Bridgestone Firestone North America has closed its south-eastern distribution centre in Georgia in anticipation of the opening of a new warehouse in Jacksonville, Florida.
- 2008-09-01 Misano MotoGP: Dani Pedrosa to switch to Bridgestone
Dani Pedrosa will make a sensational switch to Bridgestone tyres from the Indianapolis GP onwards.
- 2008-09-02 Wheel Producer BBS to Relocate Facility
Some time in the next few years – by 2011 at the latest, aluminium wheel producer BBS International will close its factory and headquarters in Schiltach, Germany (the “S” in the name BBS).
- 2008-09-01 Continental has Acquired 89.66 Percent of Oltas SPA
After the approval of the Turkish antitrust authorities last week Continental AG has acquired 89.66 percent of the shares in Oltas SPA headquartered in Istanbul, Turkey.
- 2008-09-02 Tropical Battery to Distribute for Goodyear Jamaica
Goodyear Jamaica, which currently faces mounting losses on its island operations, has appointed Tropical Battery - a distributor of batteries, Castrol motor oils and other car care lubricants, brake pads and other automotive products – as its distributor in an effort to gain better local market positioning.
- 2008-09-02 SKAD: new wheels for 4x4/SUV
The casting and mechanical plant SKAD has prepared two new designs for the upcoming autumn-2008 season – Skala and Olymp, oriented at Toyota, Nissan and Mitsubishi SUVs.
- 2008-09-02 Merrill Lynch downgrades Continental and upgrades Michelin
As Merrill Lynch’s Michelin recommendation was upgraded to see in the new month, Continental’s was cut to "underperform" from "neutral".
- 2008-09-03 Pirelli Wins Auto Express 2008 Tyre Test
The Pirelli P Zero (225/45 R17), achieved the highest overall score in this year’s Auto Express tyre test, coming top in a comparison test against 15 other competitor brands.
- 2008-09-03 400 Federal and Hero Brand Tyres Stolen
Norfolk police are investigating the theft of up to 400 tyres from We Sell Tyres’ Hellesdon, near Norwich, operation. Cost of theft estimated at £10,000 of stock.
- 2008-09-03 Michelin raises its tire prices in Europe
As a result of continuing increases in raw material, energy and transportation costs, and after the increases passed from July 1, 2008 for Earthmover tires from August 1, 2008 for Agricultural tires, Michelin will raise its Passenger Car and Light Truck and Truck and Bus tires from October 1, 2008.
- 2008-09-04 Goodyear Dunlop Makes Big Push for Birmingham Children’s Hospital
Birmingham’s city centre canal system received some unusual visitors on August 31 when Goodyear Dunlop employees rolled one of the company’s Marathon truck tyres along its banks in a bid to raise funds for Birmingham Children’s Hospital.
- 2008-09-04 Michelin’s Latest Pub Eating Guide Hits the Streets
There’s no denying Michelin makes a good tyre, but unfortunately they don’t taste so good.
- 2008-09-04 Apollo Factory Lockout Over
The lockout at the Apollo Tyres facility in the Indian state of Kerala is reportedly over, with employees resuming work as of September 3.
- 2008-09-04 Michelin’s MaxiTrailer Ideal for Low Trailers
Back in April this year, Michelin utilised the occasion of the Commercial Vehicle Show 2008 to launch its new 255/60 R 19.5 X MaxiTrailer.
- 2008-09-05 Michelin Latitude® Tour is the Smartest Tire for Crossover Vehicles
Growing popularity, increased fuel efficiency and versatility all combine to make the crossover sport utility vehicle (CUV) a popular choice for today's consumer.
- 2008-09-05 Goodyear Reducing Truck Tyre Production in Luxembourg
The output of truck tyres from Goodyear’s facility in Colmar-Berg, Luxembourg will be significantly reduced until the end of this year.
- 2008-09-05 Tyre Safety Month is on its Way
TyreSafe explains how the trade can get involved
- 2008-09-05 Pirelli Develops New Premium “Gommoncino”
Italian giant also looks to emerging truck markets. Pirelli continues to aspire to innovation in the area of truck tyres, while also acknowledging its desire to tap into new and emerging markets.
- 2008-09-05 Finnish investors eager to build a new tyre facility in Lugans’k district
Olexandr Antipov, Lugans’k governor and Yevhen Kharin, regional council deputy assistant, had a meeting with the Ambassador Extraordinary and Plenipotentiary of Finland in Ukraine Krister Michelsson and Nikian Tyres officials.
- 2008-09-06 Continental to Complete Spikes Acquisition
Continental are to complete the acquisition of all shares in the Finnish spikes manufacturer TIKKA Spikes Oy, along with its Russian subsidiary OOO TIKKA, based in St. Petersburg.
- 2008-09-06 Hankook Hungary plant to be certified as direct supplier
South Korea's Hankook Tire expects its new plant in Hungary to acquire an ISO certificate allowing it to become a direct supplier to car makers by the end of the year.
- 2008-09-06 Tyremakers Affected by Toyota’s Revised 2009 Estimate
Toyota has downward revised its projected production figures for 2009 by 7%; instead of the previously anticipated 10.4 million vehicles, the company now estimates that around 9.7 million Toyotas will be manufactured next year.
- 2008-09-08 Apollo introduces truck tire
Indian tiremaker Apollo Tyres Ltd. has unveiled a new cross ply commercial truck tire, the XT-100K.
- 2008-09-09 Successful Motor Show For Toyo
At this year's British International Motor Show, Toyo Tyre UK Ltd. represented Toyo Tires; the first time that the company had exhibited at the event.
- 2008-09-08 Sumitomo Rubber Buys Tire Plant in Thailand
Sumitomo Rubber Industries Inc, has announced its intention to buy Taiwanese tyremaker Hwa Fong Rubber Co’s Thailand plant for 2.36 billion yen (roughly £12.5 million).
- 2008-09-09 New Nokian MPT Agile keeps soldiers and civilians firmly on the road
The Nokian MPT Agile, designed for terrain and military vehicles, is an efficient and safe choice for off- and on-road use.
- 2008-09-09 Goodyear Named Off-Road Tire Champion in WSORR
Off-road racing celebrated a championship weekend in Crandon, WI, with the World Series of Off-Road Racing (WSORR) crowning a number of series winners based on their season-long performances on the hills, bumps and dirt of several tough courses.
- 2008-09-08 Bridgestone Duelers earn Infiniti fitments
Bridgestone Dueler H/P 92A and Dueler H/L 400 tires will outfit different versions of the 2009 Infiniti FX.
- 2008-09-09 Yamaha plans to invest Rs. 8 bln in India
Yamaha Motor Co. plans to invest Rs. 8 bln ($183 mln) in India for a variety of purposes including setting up its manufacturing facility, servicing, and marketing of its motorcycles in the country.
- 2008-09-09 Goodyear Aims to Expand in Poland
Goodyear Tire & Rubber will increase its stake in TC Debica, a Polish contract tire maker, to 66% and work with management to nearly triple commercial tire production for Goodyear, up to 5,000 tires per day from 1,700.
- 2008-09-10 Kumho Plant Gets Additional Grant
The Macon-Bibb County Industrial Authority recently learned about some unexpected grant money for the Kumho Tire manufacturing plant, which broke ground earlier this year in the Sofkee Industrial Park in south Bibb County.
- 2008-09-10 New products in the range of ityre.com
By popular demand of ityre.com’s clients, new forged wheels manufactured by the Russian producer VSMPO have been added to the range of wheels offered by the internet-store.
- 2008-09-10 General Tyre Tanzania Plant at a Crossroads
The fate of General Tyre Tazania is still hanging in the balance, having closed in April last year.
- 2008-09-11 Cooper Courts UK "Soft Roaders"
Cooper Tire has launched a 4x4 tyre in the UK specially designed for sporty SUV drivers not wanting to take their vehicle off-road: the Cooper Zeon XSTа.
- 2008-09-10 Dunlop Gears Up for the 2008 Bol d’Or 24-Hours
Dunlop and its riders are gearing up for the 2008 Bol d’Or FIM Endurance World Championship 24 hour motorcycle race at Magny Cours, France.
- 2008-09-11 Two Bridgestone Plants Cut Production Days
Tennessee’s two Bridgestone / Firestone plants have announced that they are responding to slackening sales by cutting 51 production days between them.
- 2008-09-11 Michelin Invites Police into its House of Horrors
"Darkest museum in the country" trains accident investigators
- 2008-09-11 Continental Wins MAN Trucknology Supplier Award
Continental Truck Tyres has won the Trucknology Supplier Award presented by MAN.
- 2008-09-11 Morgan Electro Ceramics Provides TPMS Battery Solution
Morgan Electro Ceramics, a leading manufacturer of electro ceramic material solutions, has developed a "piezoelectric bimorph" suitable for use in automotive tyre pressure monitoring systems (TPMS).
- 2008-09-11 Toyo Plant Receives ISO Certification
Toyo Tire North America Manufacturing, Inc. (TNA) received ISO 9001:2000 Quality Management System Standards certification by Houston-based Lloyd’s Register Quality Assurance.
- 2008-09-12 Automechanika Malaysia to Promote ASEAN Auto Industry
Malaysian vehicle sales rise during first half of 2008
- 2008-09-12 Michelin Launch New Agricultural Tyre
Michelin has announced the launch of its latest series of agricultural tyres.
- 2008-09-12 Bridgestone Potenzas Provide Performance For Racing Icons
Bridgestone-brand Potenza RE-01R tires with UNI-T technology provided legendary performance for some of the top drivers in the world at the Toyota Race of Legends recently.
- 2008-09-15 iTyre.com: Vinnytsia regional office established
The first regional office of iTyre.com commences its work on 15 September 2008.
- 2008-09-13 Yokohama does its part to combat global warming
Yokohama Rubber Co. Ltd. donated close to $25,000 to the World Wild Fund (WWF) for Nature Japan as part of the LIVE ecoMOTION music event staged by Yokohama employees in Shibuya Tokyo, Japan, in July.
- 2008-09-14 RIAL LUGANO
The explosion of new products from RIAL continues. With the brand new LUGANO wheel, the manufacturer is, quite literally, bringing extra swing to the world of light alloy wheels
- 2008-09-15 Michelin introduces port tire size
Michelin North America Inc. has unveiled a new size for its X TERMINAL-T line. The tire is specifically designed for use in port applications.
- 2008-09-15 Bridgestone earns 2 Ford awards in Europe
Ford Motor Co. has awarded its Q1 Preferred Quality Status certification to Bridgestone Corp. tire plants in Poznan, Poland, and Bethune, France.
- 2008-09-15 25% of Goodyear Dalian Tire on Sale
Dalian Bingshan Group is gearing up to sell its 25 % of Goodyear Dalian Tire to the public for 311.46 million yuan (25.47 million pounds sterling).
- 2008-09-15 2008 Paris Auto Show Preview: Venturi and Michelin Electric Car
Tiremaker Michelin and specialist carmaker Venturi have announced that their ongoing collaboration will bear new fruit this fall at the 2008 Paris Auto Show.
- 2008-09-16 Nokian Plunges With Russia
Finnish tire maker Nokian Renkaat is plunging with Russian stocks as the ruble falls and commodity prices tumble, and the decline may not let up as pressure from larger competitors grows.
- 2008-09-16 Conti Cutting European truck tyre Production by 6.5%
Continental is reportedly cutting back production at its three European truck tyre factories by 6.5%.
- 2008-09-16 Michelin signs 10-yr Emirates tyre supply deal
Michelin said it has signed a 10-year deal to equip Dubai-based Emirates Airline's fleet of Airbus A380 aircraft with radial tyres.
- 2008-09-17 SmarTire Reaches Patent Infringement Settlement with Schrader
TPMS developer SmarTire Systems Inc. has settled its previously pending patent infringement lawsuit against Schrader-Bridgeport International Inc. and Schrader Electronics Ltd.
- 2008-09-16 Tree-Planting Ceremony Held at Yokohama Tire Philippines
Yokohama Rubber’s commitment to all things environmental continued on August 23 with another tree planting ceremony, part of its “Yokohama Forever Forest” project at Yokohama Tire Philippines.
- 2008-09-17 Goodyear to Collaborate in Development of Isoprene Substitute
On September 16 the announcement was made that Goodyear has entered into a research collaboration with Genencor, a division of Danish company Danisco A/S, to develop a bio-based process for producing isoprene using renewable raw materials.
- 2008-09-17 Kia Wants Michelin for Fuel Efficient Cee’d
Korea’s Kia Motors has selected Michelin to provide the OE tyres for all new additions to the company’s cee’d range.
- 2008-09-18 Conti changes ’08 earnings outlook downward
Continental A.G. has revised its earnings expectations for fiscal 2008 downward in light of the "substantial worsening" of the vehicle markets in North America and Europe and the burdens from continually increasing raw material costs.
- 2008-09-17 Bridgestone to roll out 'green' tire in North America
Bridgestone Corp. plans to introduce a new, environmentally friendly tire to the North American market in early 2009 that "will put a premium on rolling resistance," Bridgestone Americas Holding Inc.
- 2008-09-18 Williams Named Pirelli Star Driver
Jon Williams has been plucked by Pirelli to fill the first of the Italian manufacturer’s five Star Drivers to compete in the World Rally Championship.
- 2008-09-18 Goodyear Plants Out of Action Following Hurricane Ike
The hurricane that struck the Texas, US coastline on September 13 has affected the company’s operations in the area, with operations at three of its petrochemical plants suspended.
- 2008-09-18 2008 Bridgestone eReporter Named
The GP2 end of season ceremony in Monza, Italy was the location Bridgestone decided upon to reveal the 2008 winner of its annual e-reporter competition.
- 2008-09-18 Bridgestone Bandag Releases Fuel Economy Guide
With fuel moving into the lead as a fleet’s top expense, Bridgestone Bandag Tire Solutions (BBTS) is releasing its fourth comprehensive fuel economy guide for large trucks.
- 2008-09-19 Yokohama Ready for Step into WTCC Unknown
Yokohama’s ADVAN brand will receive its sternest challenge yet as the World Touring Car Championship’s control tyre this weekend, as the company prepares to take its tyres to the Autodromo Enzo e Dino Ferrari, Imola – the first of two previously unseen tracks this season.
- 2008-09-19 Viking International Promotes Tyre Safety Month
Viking International has confirmed its support of the annual Tyre Safety Campaign.
- 2008-09-19 Goodyear Aviation to Sponsor Aerobatic Champion Patty Wagstaff
AKRON, Ohio, Sept. 17, 2008 – The Goodyear Tire & Rubber Company today announced that it has reached agreement with Patty Wagstaff Airshows, Inc., to supply Flight Custom III tires for Wagstaff’s Cirrus Extra 300S aircraft.
- 2008-09-19 BFNT will recall 184 truck tires
Bridgestone Firestone North American Tire LLC (BFNT)will recall 184 size 315/80R22.5 Load Range L Firestone FS400 commercial truck tires built between June 15 and June 28, 2008.
- 2008-09-19 Nokian Hakka Z SUV – coolly superior power tyre
Nokian Tyres’ product development has fashioned its newest SUV summer tyre for power, sturdiness and comfort.
- 2008-09-19 Nokian HT SUV – a new summer tyre for demanding SUV driving on asphalt and gravel
Nokian’s family of tyres has grown with the addition of a hard-wearing and high performing new summer tyre intended for urban SUVs; the Nokian HT SUV.
- 2008-09-20 Dunlop Given Control Tyre Contract
Dunlop has bagged the opportunity to produce the control tyre over the next three years for the Dunlop/Gambia MSA British Historic Rally Championship, which will switch to a single make of tyre for 2009.
- 2008-09-20 Conti Extends Sizes on HSC1/HDC1 Construction Tyre
Continental has released a bevy of new sizes on its range of next-generation construction tyres for both on and off-road applications.
- 2008-09-20 RIAL is celebrating their 30th anniversary at Automechanika
The 30-th anniversary of the leading rim manufacturer RIAL coincides with Automechanika 2008 in Frankfurt.
- 2008-09-20 Bridgestone Marks F1 with Reflective Paint
Bridgestone has announced that at Formula One`s upcoming Singapore Grand Prix it will mark its super-soft and extremely wet tyres with reflective paint for the first time.
- 2008-09-20 Sumitomo to Push Fuel Efficient Line in U.S., Europe
Sumitomo Rubber Industries Ltd. said it would launch fuel-efficient passenger tires in the U.S. and European markets.
- 2008-09-21 First UK Bus Awards Bridgestone UK Two-Year Tyre Contract
First UK Bus has awarded Bridgestone UK a two-year contract worth £5m to supply new and remould tyres for 3,500 vehicles across the First UK Bus fleet.
- 2008-09-20 RIAL MILANO
MILANO – is the name of the most recent ten spoke wheel newcomer from RIAL. Suitable for compact and middle-class vehicles and with a 5 year guarantee.
- 2008-09-22 October is Tyre Safety Month
This year's Tyre Safety Month will take place in October. This year’s focus will be on the importance of tyre pressure in vehicle safety.
- 2008-09-22 Sumitomo and Japan AE Power Systems have signed the contract to supplying Auto transformers
Sumitomo and Japan AE Power Systems receive order for electric substation equipment from state-owned power company in South Africa (ESKOM).
- 2008-09-22 Ike Closed Synthetic Plants, May Idle Goodyear Tire Plants
Reports say that Goodyear’s Topeka, Kan., tire plant will be shut down for a few days next week due to a raw materials shortage caused by Hurricane Ike.
- 2008-09-22 Michelin Eying Conti Tire Group - Report
According to a German magazine, Groupe Michelin would consider buying Continental AG’s tire operations if they were offered for sale.
- 2008-09-23 Kumho to Focus on Regional Truck Sector
Kumho’s current focus in the truck tyre segment is on the development of new products for the regional market.
- 2008-09-23 Bridgestone Emergency Team Helps in Ike Clear-up
The Bridgestone Emergency Response Team – made up of volunteers who work for the tyre manufacturer – has pitched in to help clear the wreckage left in the wake of Hurricane Ike.
- 2008-09-23 Schaeffler Now Owns 90% of Continental - more than it initially wanted
The new owner of Continental AG, Schaeffler Group, has announced that it now holds a total of 90.19 per cent of the tyre and automotive system supplier.
- 2008-09-24 Michelin Purchase of Conti Tyre Division Not Feasible - Analysts
Any idea Michelin has of purchasing Continental AG’s tyre business will most likely die quietly, as analysts have poured cold water on the possibility that such an arrangement would be permitted.
- 2008-09-23 Michelin Gets Komatsu OE Spot
Michelin XDR OTR radials have been tapped as standard OE on the Komatsu 860E-1K haul truck, introduced this week at MINExpo in Las Vegas.
- 2008-09-24 Michelin to Stop Dundee Production for a Week
Michelin is reportedly closing its Baldovie factory in Dundee for a week to counter a drop in demand, however the company stresses that workers will still be paid and the factory’s future remains secure.
- 2008-09-24 Hankook to Supply Sinopec
Sinopec, the Chinese petrol and chemical giant, has awarded Hankook Tire with two supply contracts for steel truck radial tyres.
- 2008-09-24 Pirelli Tyres "a real step up" for Endurance Series
Saturday 20 September saw the conclusion of this year’s Grand-Am Rolex Sports Car Series at the Miller Motorsports Park in Utah; a finale that also witnessed the curtain drop on Pirelli’s first-year performance as tyre supplier for the series.
- 2008-09-24 Yokohama Rubber to Exhibit at Paris Motor Show
Tokyo - The Yokohama Rubber Co., Ltd., will participate in the Paris Motor Show (officially named the Mondial de l’Automobile), which runs from October 4th through the 19th (the 2nd and 3rd will be press days).
- 2008-09-25 Michelin to Invest 30 million euros in Poland Production
Michelin Group is reportedly planning to invest roughly 30 million euros in expanding its production adjacent logistics operation in Poland.
- 2008-09-25 Hankook All-Season Test Success
Company’s new Optimo 4S all-season tyre convinces testers at Auto Bild
- 2008-09-24 Sumitomo Establishes Middle East Replacement Tyre Business
- 2008-09-24 Bridgestone to Increase Investment in Brazil
- 2008-09-26 Tyre Safety Month Gets Underway
TyreSafe puts pressure on safety message
- 2008-09-26 Conti Begins Series Production of Hybrid Vehicle Batteries
Lithium-ion technology permits unimpaired function for the vehicle’s lifetime On September 24 Continental’s Powertrain Division held a celebration to mark the start of series production for its lithium-ion batteries for use in hybrid drive cars.
- 2008-09-26 Conti Introducing M+S Steering Axle Tyre at IAA Show
Continental Truck Tyres is presenting its new HSU 1 M+S steering-axle tyre for city driving at the IAA Commercial Vehicle Show in Hanover, Germany.
- 2008-09-25 Cooper Idles Tire Plant
Citing the impact of Hurricane Ike on a supply of raw materials, Cooper Tire is idling more than 1,000 workers at its Albany plant until Monday.
- 2008-09-25 Goodyear Gets IMG for International Licensing
IMG Licensing has been tapped by Goodyear to help license the Goodyear brand outside of North America.
- 2008-09-25 Goodyear to Draw Portion of Revolving Credit Facility as Access to Certain U.S. Cash Investments Delayed; Announces Conclusion of VEBA Appeal Period
The Goodyear Tire & Rubber Company today said it intends to draw $600 million from its existing U.S. revolving credit facility due to a temporary delay in its ability to access $360 million of cash currently invested with The Reserve Primary Fund.
- 2008-09-25 Goodyear Announces Conclusion of VEBA Appeal Period
Goodyear Tire & Rubber Company announced today the expiration of the 30-day period to appeal the U.S. District Court’s Order approving the settlement agreement that established the Voluntary Employees’ Beneficiary Association trust (VEBA), which will provide healthcare benefits to the company’s current and future United Steelworkers (USW) retirees.
- 2008-09-27 Dunlop Aircraft Tyres to Supply Fast Growing Turkish Carrier
The decision by Pegasus, Turkey’s fastest growing airline, to double its fleet with the purchase of 24 new Boeing 737-800 aircraft has been well received at Dunlop Aircraft Tyres.
- 2008-09-27 Conti Opens Second Facility in Calamba, Philippines
A second manufacturing site belonging to Continental AG has been opened in Calamba, the Philippines.
- 2008-09-26 New ISO Quality Standard Agreed
The International Standards Organization and International Accreditation Forum say they have agreed a new schedule for accredited certification to ISO 9001:2008.
- 2008-09-27 МАК Launches New 10-Spoke Wheel design
Italian wheelmaker МАК used the recent Automechanika exhibition to launch its latest design, the Iguan, on the international car accessories market. The new wheel is a ten-spoke design "purposely developed in order to embellish stylish and upper-class cars."
- 2008-09-26 Five Firestone Locations Named Green Businesses
The Automotive Service Association of Arizona has certified five Firestone Complete Auto Care lcoations as "green shops" through its voluntary Green Business Automotive Program, administered in conjunction with the Arizona Department of Environmental Quality.
- 2008-09-26 TransLinc Chooses Goodyear Dunlop as Sole Tyre Provider
Goodyear Dunlop has signed a 'substantial' fleet deal with Translinc, the UK's leading provider of specialist fleet management and passenger services to local authorities, schools, health authorities and public sector clients.
- 2008-09-27 Removal Firm Fits New Michelin XDN2 Grip
The UK’s largest independent removal firm, White & Company, has just taken delivery of a new Scania drawbar combination. The vehicle is the first in the fleet to be fitted with Michelin’s XDN2 Grip tyres on its drive axle.
- 2008-09-26 Snowtrac 3 testwinner!
Snowtrac 3 (successor to Snowtrac 2) wins industry leading winter tyre test!
- 2008-09-30 Michelin “Notes With Interest” MotoGP Single Tyre Decision
Michelin announced on September 28 that it "notes with interest" the decision to move to a single tyre supplier for the 2009 MotoGP World Championship. The French tyre major has referred to this decision as a "major change" and comments that it remains very committed to the series.
- 2008-09-29 Conti Winter Tyres Well-Rated in Tests
Continental reports that its tyres have faired very well in a number of winter tests.
- 2008-09-30 2009 Sales of $2b Anticipated for Joint Sibur-AV Company
The company to emerge from the deal between Sibur Holding and Amtel-Vredestein could generate sales of more than US$2 billion in 2009, a company executive has said. Sibur Russian Tyres CEO Vadim Gurinov has told the Kommersant business daily that he anticipated the company would post pre- interest, taxation, depreciation and amortisation earnings of $200 million in 2009.
- 2008-09-29 Michelin takes lead as industry grows
The global tire industry got bigger last year—13 percent bigger—with Michelin leading the pack.
- 2008-09-30 Survey Names Toyo Top Truck Tyre With US Dealers
Toyo Tire & Rubber has expressed its satisfaction in again being named the leading overall brand for medium truck tyres in Tire Review Magazine's annual Tire Brand Study of North American tyre dealers. This honour has fallen to Toyo in five of the past seven years.
- 2008-10-01 Nokian Introduces HT SUV Tyre for Urban 4x4s
Nokian’s product range has grown with the addition of the Nokian HT SUV, a summer tyre intended for urban use 4x4 vehicles.
- 2008-09-30 Amtel-Sibur Deal Takes Yet Another Turn
- 2008-10-01 Virtual Margins
The average 'virtual tyre' costs £69.14 In recent years the online tyre market has swollen in size (as observed in other retailer sectors).
- 2008-09-30 Michelin previews new tires at dealer meeting
Michelin North America Inc. (MNA) gave tire dealers a sneak preview of several new products during its Michelin Americas Small Tires Alliance Associate Dealer program meeting, held yesterday, Sept. 29, in Greenville, S.C.
- 2008-10-01 Bridgestone to receive NHL exposure
The Bridgestone brand will be the title sponsor of the upcoming Bridgestone NHL Premiere games, which will be played in Sweden and the Czech Republic.
- 2008-10-02 Goodyear Expands Kelly Size Line-up
This autumn Goodyear is adding new sizes to its North American Kelly Tires range, including additional sizes for the Navigator Touring Gold and Explorer Plus lines.
- 2008-10-01 Continental to focus on core business fields
Continental AG "has opened up broader future options" by reorganizing the tasks of its members to focus on two of the company's core business fields.
- 2008-10-01 Dealer program producing results, says MAST
Michelin Americas Small Tires (MAST) says its Alliance Associate Dealer (AAD) program has resulted in better margins and enhanced delivery options for participating dealers.
- 2008-10-02 Carna Transport Opts for Michelin OE Following 18-Month Test
Monaghan, Ireland based haulier Carna Transport has completed an 18-month tyre trial to compare the efficiency of two leading tyre brands in the truck market, and as a direct result the company placed an order for its ten newest Euroliner trailers to be delivered with Michelin tyres as original equipment.
- 2008-10-02 Goodyear Launches the SmartWear-Outfitted OptiGrip
Goodyear has today launched its riposte to the idea that tyres should be changed before the tread depth reaches the current legal low of 1.6mm. The company’s OptiGrip represents an attempt to answer the question through improving the safety of worn tyres rather than raising the recommended depth at which tyres are discarded.
- 2008-10-02 Amtel-Vredestein Sibur Merger Off
The Amtel-Vredestein Sibur-Russian Tyres merger has now officially been called off, as the Dutch manufacturer wasn’t able to find investors to fund the emission $100 million-worth shares before the deadline – 30 September.
- 2008-10-02 New Michelin X Energy™ Savergreen reduces costs while improving safety
Michelin has launched its all new Michelin X Energy™ Savergreen tyre which is designed to offer road transport companies unrivalled performance and economy, saving 500 litres of fuel per truck per year while continuing to deliver superior tread life*.
- 2008-10-03 Roush Performance accepts Cooper Zeon RS3 as its official tire
Cooper Tire & Rubber Co. and Roush Performance have teamed up to create the Cooper Zeon RS3 ultra-high performance summer tire.
- 2008-10-03 Goodyear Suspends Production at Gadsden Plant – Again
Goodyear’s tyre factory in Gadsden, Alabama, has again been shut down of a week due to a shortage of raw materials and to reduce the company’s overall tyre production, company officials announced on September 29.
- 2008-10-03 Michelin Says Cost Saving Plans On Target
On October 1 Michelin stated it remains on target to reach its “Horizon 2010” strategic plan of becoming more competitive. The cost saving programmes it has implemented have reduced costs by 500 million euros since 2006, approximately a third of its 2010 goal.
- 2008-10-03 New Sizes Added to North American Dunlop Range
In the US Goodyear reports that the list of Dunlop Signature fitments has been boosted by 11 new sizes this autumn, along with four additional choices in the brand's SP Winter Sport 3D line.
- 2008-10-04 Bridgestone Runflats OE Option on 2009 US RAV4
When the upcoming 2009 Toyota RAV4 Sport is released in the US, it will be available with Bridgestone Dueler run-flat tyres as part of the optional Sport Appearance Package, reports the tyremaker.
- 2008-10-04 10 Years of Bridgestone in Poznan, Poland
On 26th September, the staff of Bridgestone Poznan celebrated the 10th anniversary of the plant. With over 1300 employees, the Bridgestone tyre factory is one of the city’s biggest employers.
- 2008-10-04 Dunlop Celebrates 200th Consecutive 250cc MotoGP Win
On September 28 Dunlop reached a milestone worthy of celebrating – its 200th consecutive MotoGP 250cc Grand Prix victory. As the checkered flag greeted Marco Simoncelli across the line at the Motegi circuit in Japan, it marked an historic event in motorcycle racing that began with Max Biaggi’s Japanese 250cc Grand Prix win in 1996.
- 2008-10-04 Cooper/Kenda Facility Reaches Milestone Ahead of Schedule
Cooper Tire has reported the most successful ramp-up programme ever achieved by the company. In August, Cooper Kenda Tire reached the milestone of building and curing more than 10,000 tyres a day – a significant accomplishment, considering the CKT factory in Kunshan, west of Shanghai, has only been in production for 17 months.
- 2008-10-05 BFGoodrich Expanding Facility Despite Shutdown
BFGoodrich is going ahead with the expansion of its Tuscaloosa, Alabama facility despite a temporary shutdown the company attributes to numerous factors.
- 2008-10-05 Goodyear Expands Wrangler, Fortera Lines
Goodyear continues to ad sizes to its varied product lines, this time for its Goodyear Wrangler and Fortera light truck/SUV and CUV lines.
- 2008-10-06 Michelin Will Not Bid For MotoGP Tire Contract
Michelin will not bid for the contract to be single-source supplier of tires for the MotoGP World Championship
- 2008-10-07 Goodyear Rubber Factories Producing Again
Despite previous reports of factory closures due to raw material supply problems, Goodyear announced on October 3 that it has “no concerns” in this area as its synthetic rubber facilities have returned to operation.
- 2008-10-06 A one-two for the Pirelli equipped Citroens in Spain
The Citroen C4 WRCs of Sebastien Loeb and Dani Sordo have finished first and second respectively on the 44th Catalunya Rally in Spain.
- 2008-10-06 Rome Plant Gets MIRS Expansion
Pirelli SpA is investing another $15 million to expand its Rome, Ga., automated tire plant.
- 2008-10-06 Yokohama Rubber May Delay China Expansion
Yokohama Rubber Co. may delay a planned output expansion in China by a few months, the president of Japan's third-largest tyre maker said, as it braces for a further slowdown in demand and potential supply glut.
- 2008-10-07 Best winter tyres from leading manufacturers (for economy class)
Year after year the boom in the replacement tyre market is getting stronger and stronger. In their fight for the customer market leaders are presenting further innovative tyre lines.
- 2008-10-08 Goodyear Launches 5 New Tyres to Meet Transport Industry Needs
At September’s IAA International Commercial Vehicle Show in Germany, Goodyear presented five new tyre sizes it believes provide important solutions to the transport industry’s constantly evolving demands.
- 2008-10-07 Goodyear Turkey Halts Production for 8 Days
Goodyear tyres company will halt production in its Adapazari and Izmit factories for eight days between October 3rd and 10th.
- 2008-10-07 General, Pirelli, Michelin Top LT/SUV Tests
Consumer Reports tapped the General Grabber HTS and Pirelli Scorpion ATR as highest rated all-season and all-terrain light truck/SUV tires in its latest tire tests.
- 2008-10-08 New agricultural tyres from Rosava
Located in Bila Tserkva, Ukraine, the tyre manufacturer Rosava, which derived public recognition in 53 countries worldwide, is constantly developing and launching tyre novelties for the main four groups of transport.
- 2008-10-08 Goodyear Awarded Long-Term Contract with New York City Transit
The Goodyear Tire & Rubber Company announced today that it has been awarded a seven-year contract to supply tires and business solutions to New York City Transit, the nation's largest transit bus fleet.
- 2008-10-08 Bridgestone bids for sole MotoGP tire supply
Bridgestone Corp. has bid to become the single tire supplier for the MotoGP World Championship starting next year after Michelin decided not to bid for the global motorcycle racing series.
- 2008-10-08 Goodyear Awarded Long-Term Contract with New York City Transit
The Goodyear Tire & Rubber Company announced today that it has been awarded a seven-year contract to supply tires and business solutions to New York City Transit, the nation’s largest transit bus fleet.
- 2008-10-09 Goodyear Shares Rise Following Fleet Deal
Hot on the heels of the announcement of Goodyear’s supply deal with NYC transit (see "Goodyear Renews Supply Agreement…"), midday trading saw shares rise a not-to-be-sniffed-at 55 cents (4.6 per cent), hauling the PPS up to $12.57 in midday trading.
- 2008-10-09 Bridgestone to run 'green' tyre at Fuji
F1 will use special green-branded tyres in the Japanese Grand Prix to show the sport's support for the FIA's 'Make Cars Green' environmental campaign.
- 2008-10-09 Report: Conti Looking for Tire Unit Buyer
Financial Times Deutschland has reported that Continental AG may be actively looking to sell off its tire and ContiTech units.
- 2008-10-10 Bridgestone promotes tyre care for European Road Safety Day
Bridgestone will play an active role in support of the second European Road Safety Day on 13th October 2008, with an extensive programme promoting the importance of good tyre care in road safety.
- 2008-10-10 ETRMA Launches Pan-European Safety Campaign
ETRMA has launched a European-wide safe driving campaign, centring on an online quiz.
- 2008-10-11 Tyresure First UK TPMS Provider to Join TyreSafe
UK Tyre Pressure Monitoring Systems provider Tyresure has joined TyreSafe, the non-profit making organisation set up in 1992 with the responsibility of raising the awareness of the dangers of defective and worn tyres.
- 2008-10-10 Honda Canada to Offer Yokohama Tires
Honda Canada Honda and Acura dealers will be offering the complete line of Yokohama tires as a result of a new agreement between the two companies.
- 2008-10-10 Avon Tyres extends title sponsorship of British GT
Avon Tyres has formalised a deal with British GT Championship organisers, SRO, to continue its title sponsorship of the UK's premier sportscar series for an additional three years, until the end of 2011.
- 2008-10-11 Russian Tyremakers Voice Support for Increased Import Duties
Russia’s leading tyre and rubber industry companies have met as part of a subcommittee organised by the Russian Federation’s Chamber of Commerce and Industry.
- 2008-10-11 Best winter tyres from leading manufacturers (medium class)
With our customers on mind the internet-store ityre.com is offering a set of overviews of the most popular high-performance tyres for the madium-sized vehicles.
- 2008-10-11 Pirelli’s Scorpion Range Rated Highly in Consumer Survey
The Pirelli Scorpion Ice & Snow and ATR tyres have been ranked first in their respective categories by customers of US e-tailer TireRack.com.
- 2008-10-13 Continental Land Opening Ceremony for New Tire Plant in Hefei, China
Continental, one of the top five global leading automotive suppliers, has convened the land opening ceremony for its new plant in Hefei on October 10, 2008.
- 2008-10-13 A6 Fitment First European Luxury Saloon OE for Alcoa Dura-Bright
Audi AG has selected Alcoa to supply forged aluminum wheels with Dura-Bright® technology surface treatment for the new 2009 Audi A6 recently debuting at the Paris International Motor Show.
- 2008-10-13 Cooper extends race tire pacts
Cooper Tire & Rubber Co. Europe Ltd. has extended contracts as the exclusive race tire supplier for the British Formula 3 International Series and British GT Championship.
- 2008-10-14 Michelin is Leading Online Tyre Brand in 2008
Goodyear races up from sixth to third place
- 2008-10-13 Bridgestone Extending Belgium Logistic Centre
To support the growth of the company’s European business and better service customers across the continent, Bridgestone has decided to further extend the supply chain operations at its North European Logistic Centre in Zeebrugge.
- 2008-10-14 Cooper Says Plants Back to Work
The plants had been closed due to a constriction in raw materials due to the impact of Hurricane Ike.
- 2008-10-14 Goodyear Off-Road Racers Capture WSORR Season-Ending Awards
Keith Steele and John Mason drove their Goodyear tires hard all season during the Lucas Oil World Series of Off-Road Racing (WSORR) competition, and they were rewarded with a truck-bed full of shiny hardware at the recent "Night of Champions" Awards Banquet in Milwaukee, WI.
- 2008-10-15 Pirelli Notes High Marks in JD Power Satisfaction Survey
Pirelli in the US reports it is one of only two tyre brands to have scored above the industry average in this year's Tire Satisfaction Index in the 2008 J.D. Power & Associates Original Equipment Tire Customer Satisfaction Study.
- 2008-10-15 Alzen Claims Nordschliefe Record in Hankook-Shod Porsche
The official lap record on the legendary 20,793 km Nordschliefe is now four seconds lighter following the exploits of German racer Jürgen Alzen and his Hankook tyres-shod Alzen-Porsche Turbo at 2008’s Circuit-Racing Challenge Nürburgring.
- 2008-10-14 Bridgestone Consolidating Japanese Market
Bridgestone Corp. plans to reduce the number of sales territories it has in Japan, in reaction to a sharp decline in homeland vehicle sales.
- 2008-10-15 Hybrid Truck Tire From Cooper
Cooper Tire & Rubber Co. has launched what it calls "the newest hybrid sport truck tire" – the Cooper Zeon LTZ.
- 2008-10-15 Toyo aims at crossovers, SUVs with new offering
Toyo Tire U.S.A. Corp.’s recent launch of its Proxes ST II tire in Los Angeles replaces a tire with a long history.
- 2008-10-15 Pirelli Russia Factory Work to Begin March 2009
Construction work on Pirelli’s tyre factory in Togliatti may begin in March 2009.
- 2008-10-16 Keep up the pressure to extend tyre life
Story Title Goes Here Drivers are drastically cutting short the life of their car tyres, endangering the lives of themselves and other motorists and adding unnecessary expense to their annual motoring costs by failing to keep their car tyres correctly inflated.
- 2008-10-16 Barum Quartaris: Cost-efficient and safe all year round
The Barum range now includes a new tyre for compact and medium-class cars, the Quartaris.
- 2008-10-16 Bridgestone presents Safety Award at Paris Motor Show
For the third consecutive year, Bridgestone has sponsored the “Best Safety Innovation” prize in the international competition for automotive design students organised by Interior Motives magazine.
- 2008-10-17 RMA Announces New National Tire Safety Week Date
The Rubber Manufacturers Association today announced the eighth Annual National Tire Safety Week will be held June 7-13, 2009.
- 2008-10-16 2008 Paris Auto Show: Michelin's Active Wheel
At the Paris show they displayed their latest version of their Active Wheel technology. This is not exactly new, as Michelin has been experimenting with this idea for several years.
- 2008-10-16 Goodyear Approaches Children’s Hospital Target
Tyre-less fundraisers see efforts rewarded, as play area is completed. Following the reassertion of its pledge to raise funds for Birmingham Children’s Hospital, Goodyear now has the finishing line in sight as company employees’ hard work comes to fruition.
- 2008-10-16 Hankook Wins Green Product Award
Hankook Tire-Enfren, the fuel-efficient, environment friendly tire received the Green Management Excellence Awards in the green product section.
- 2008-10-17 Team Michelin Drivers Beat Published MPG by 30%
The two teams of drivers Michelin entered into this year’s MPG Marathon scored notable success in the annual fuel economy run, both taking top ten places at their first attempt.
- 2008-10-17 Continental Shares Gain 2.2%
The move was seen to ease worries that Schaeffler's takeover deal could run into financing difficulties.
- 2008-10-17 Goodyear to idle 3 tire plants again
Goodyear has set a week-long shutdown of production at three tire plants this month as a reaction to poor economic conditions and low market demand.
- 2008-10-17 Pirelli to Increase its Manufacturing Capacity in United States by 20%
Pirelli, continuing its expansion in the United States, announces a $15 million investment that will boost manufacturing capacity by 20% at its MIRS™ (Modular Integrated Robotized System) factory in Rome, Georgia.
- 2008-10-18 Best winter tyres from leading manufacturers (premium-class)
With our customers on mind the internet-store ityre.com is offering a set of overviews of the most popular high-performance tyres for luxury vehicles.
- 2008-10-18 Bridgestone Americas drops Firestone name
The iconic, Akron-based Firestone name will disappear in January in many places, but the tire brand will live on as part of a major corporate restructuring for Bridgestone Group's North and South American subsidiaries.
- 2008-10-18 Michelin Sees No Relief Until Late 2009
Groupe Michelin officials said today that they don’t expect to realize “the full benefit” of a current downturn in raw materials prices until next year.
- 2008-10-20 Kumho’s Euro Motorsport HQ Continues to Strengthen
Kumho’s ever-expanding European Motorsport Division has been based on the Stanmore Industrial Estate in Bridgnorth, Shropshire for ten years. Having long since moved from its first building on the site, it has now taken possession of still bigger premises that will allow ongoing growth for some years to come.
- 2008-10-20 Bridgestone Inaugurates Carbon Black Plant in Mexico
On October 17, Mexico Carbon Manufacturing SA DE CV (“MXCB”), a wholly-owned member of the Bridgestone Group officially opened a plant producing carbon black in Mexico.
- 2008-10-20 Pirelli on the podium in Zolder at the most spectacular race of the year
Pirelli returns home from Zolder with an excellent second place in GT2, thanks to the BMS-Scuderia Italia Ferrari 430 GTC of Malucelli-Ruberti, but a couple of regrets as well.
- 2008-10-20 The Dutch Amtel-Vredestein facility to be given away as debt refund
ING bank, which was the moneylender to Amtel-Vredestein N.V., when it was buying the assets of Vredestein Banden B. V. (around $300 million), is now demanding the loan back because of the overdue payments, as of one of the Russian tyre manufacturer’s manager said.
- 2008-10-20 Michelin Wants to Increase Tire Production in Romania
Michelin Romania intends to increase its production capacity in Romania to become a strategic market in supplying tires in South-Eastern Europe, said the general manager Didier Miraton.
- 2008-10-21 Bridgestone Appointed MotoGP Tyre Supplier
The sole remaining major contender for the MotoGP tyre supply contract following Michelin’s decision not to bid has been officially named.
- 2008-10-21 Michelin signs 10-year pact for aircraft tires
Michelin has inked a 10-year agreement with Emirates Airline to supply the carrier with radial tires for its Airbus A380 commercial aircraft fleet.
- 2008-10-22 Dunlop Introduces First 2nd Generation Municipal Tyre
New from the Dunlop stable is a the SP372 City, a steer and all position tyre for municipal vehicles such as city buses, garbage trucks and other vehicles operating in tough urban environments.
- 2008-10-22 Dunlop Gets New Mercedes Roadster OE-Contract
Mercedes-Benz SL 65 AMG Black Series proclaimed most powerful AMG roadster ever
- 2008-10-21 Cooper to optimize manufacturing capacities in the US
Cooper Tire & Rubber Company today announced it will conduct a capacity study of its United States manufacturing facilities over the next ninety days.
- 2008-10-22 Monityre Trains to Gain with Volvo
With fuel economy now an integral part of commercial vehicle driver training, Volvo Trucks’ official UK truck importer recently fitted the latest Monityre tyre pressure monitoring system (TPMS) from Safe Europe plc to one of its driver training vehicles.
- 2008-10-21 Apollo Tyres Aiming for the ‘Top Six’
Apollo Tyres has its eyes on becoming a global top six player within the next five years. Furthermore, by this time it intends to achieve an annual turnover of US$4 to $5 billion.
- 2008-10-22 Kumho Supplies OE Tyres to Kögel
Leading European trailer-maker, Kögel, has selected Kumho Tyres as its original equipment supplier.
- 2008-10-22 Toyota Venza AS V Gets Yokohama Tires
One of at least two specially prepared Toyota Venzas planned for the upcoming 2008 SEMA Show, the Venza AS V has been crafted by Five Axis to demonstrate the vehicle's versatility, especially in active sports.
- 2008-10-23 Conti Should Remain European, Says Michelin’s Miraton
Continental AG should remain European, says Michelin. The Dow Jones news service reports that the French manufacturer’s co-managing partner Didier Miraton expressed this opinion to journalists at the sidelines of a Michelin press presentation on October 17.
- 2008-10-22 Bridgestone Raises 2012 Ambitions
Bridgestone Corp. has lifted its revenue and profit targets for 2012, stating simultaneously that it hopes to continue the upward trend the year after, too.
- 2008-10-23 Amerityre to Produce Polyurethane ‘Super Grip’ Tyre Range
Commercial grade industrial and mining tyre supplier Supergrip announced on October 21 it has selected Amerityre Corporation to manufacture and supply a new range of long wearing flat-proof polyurethane tyres.
- 2008-10-23 "SKAD" presents three novelties
Foundry-Mechanical Plant "SKAD" LLC, on of the most sophisticated alloy wheels producers in Russia, presents three novelties – “Nika”, “Omega” and “Fantom”.
- 2008-10-24 MAK XLR – Matt is the New Gloss
If white is now the new black, then Revolution Motorstore says matt is most definitely the new gloss.
- 2008-10-24 Goodyear Promotes Safety in New Ad Campaign
Goodyear is highlighting the safety aspects of its products through a new integrated advertising campaign.
- 2008-10-24 Sibur will take care of Amtel-Vredestein’s debts
OJSC SIBUR-Russian Tyres ("SRT") has decided to apply for the Moscow arbitration against the tyre holding Amtel-Vredestein, which consists of Amtel-Chernozemye Tyre Complex (Voronezh, Russia), Amtel-Povolzhye Tyre Complex (Kirov, Russia) and Vredestein Banden (the Netherlands), to get its $20-million loan back.
- 2008-10-25 TIA Offers Complete TPMS Chart
The Tire Industry Association has created the TIA TPMS Relearn Chart, developed to help technicians and tire service techs with resetting TPMS systems.
- 2008-10-24 SmarTire Plans to Sell Out to Bendix Unit
October 22, SmarTire Systems Inc. announced that it has signed a term sheet to sell its business and the related assets for an undisclosed amount to Bendix Commercial Vehicle Systems LLC, North American affiliate of the Munich, Germany-based Knorr-Bremse AG.
- 2008-10-24 OZ Alleggerita HLT: A new lightness record, assured in grams
Alleggerita HLT from OZ was born on the track together with the F1 wheels. It’s set a new record, which has to be beaten, just 6.25 kg for the 17" version, thanks to the Flow Forming technology and to the exclusive treatments used by OZ during the production processes.
- 2008-10-25 Goodyear, Bridgestone apply for grants
Goodyear and Bridgestone/Firestone could receive up to $30 million each over 10 years to maintain employment and upgrade equipment at their factories in North Carolina.
- 2008-10-25 Conti Renews Business Relationship with VW and Audi Canada
Continental Tire Canada has renewed its business relationship with Volkswagen Canada and Audi Canada.
- 2008-10-25 Yokohama Opens China Plant
The Yokohama Rubber Co. recently held an opening ceremony to commemorate the completion of a plant for manufacturing truck/bus steel radial tires of Suzhou Yokohama Tire Co., Ltd.
- 2008-10-27 Schaeffler May Sell a Quarter of Conti
The German Schaeffler Group, which currently owns 90 per cent of Continental AG, may sell up to a quarter of the tyre and automotive supplier to investors in order to lift the financial burden of its so-called stealth takeover.
- 2008-10-27 Sibur-Volzhskiy will launch polyether cord production in 2009
OJSC SIBUR-Russian Tyres ("SRT") is bringing its investment project into reality – its creating a manufacturing facility to produce polyether cord fibres and industrial thread with annual capacity of 12 thousand tones on the base of its OJSC Sibur-Volzhskiy.
- 2008-10-27 Yokohama Rubber to Exhibit at the Sao Paulo Motor Show Largest Motor Show in Latin America
The Yokohama Rubber Co., Ltd., will participate in the 25th International Automobile Trade Show, which runs from October 27 through November 9 in Sao Paulo, Brazil.
- 2008-10-28 Fleet Specialities Launches Susi TPMS
Fleet Specialties Co. has launched three new Tire Sentry tyre pressure monitoring systems (TPMS) for trucks that use super-single tyres.
- 2008-10-27 Future Initiatives of the Business Alliance between Bridgestone and Toyo
Bridgestone Corporation and Toyo Tire & Rubber Co., Ltd., upon conclusion of a basic agreement regarding a business and capital alliance on May 16, 2008, organized joint project teams for respective sectors and held discussions in the areas outlined below aiming to create increased efficiencies and generate synergistic effects through the alliance.
- 2008-10-28 Goodyear Awards Atlanta-Area High School Senior $30,000 Scholarship
The Goodyear Tire & Rubber Company (NYSE: GT), the exclusive tire supplier of NASCAR's three largest series, today announced the names of the six students who have won scholarships as part of the Goodyear Racing and Diversity Program.
- 2008-10-28 Get Out of the Groove
[[Bridgestone]] waves goodbye to F1 grooved tyres at Brazilian Grand Prix
- 2008-10-28 Michelin Slowing Plant for 8 Weeks
Officials say Michelin North America will lay off several hundred employees at its Tuscaloosa, Ga., plant effective Nov. 1.
- 2008-10-28 "Belshina" produces super large radials for heavy-duty dump-trucks
JSC "Belshina" has started serial production of super large radials with jointless steel cord. The radials 33,00 R51 are designed for heavy-duty dump-trucks with carrying capacity of 130-140 tonnes.
- 2008-10-28 Bridgestone Bandag Wins "Good Stuff" Award
The American Trucking Associations have awarded the second annual Mike Russell "Good stuff" Trucking Image Award to Bridgestone Bandag Tire Solutions (BBTS).
- 2008-10-29 European Winter Tire Tests Confirm Goodyear, Dunlop Dominance
Outstanding performance in nine important European winter tire tests should solidly position Goodyear and Dunlop brand products as the top choices for consumers when the snow starts to fall in Europe.
- 2008-10-28 Motorists advised to check their tread to improve road safety
With one of the wettest summers on record, TyreSafe, the UK's leading tyre safety organisation, is reminding drivers to check their tyre tread depth to stay safe on the roads this winter.
- 2008-10-29 Motorists advised to check their tread to improve road safety
Story Title Goes Here With one of the wettest summers on record, TyreSafe, the UK's leading tyre safety organisation, is reminding drivers to check their tyre tread depth to stay safe on the roads this winter.
- 2008-10-29 KKR, Bain and Allianz to Bid for Conti’s Tyre Unit
A group of three private equity firms are reportedly planning takeover offers for Continental AG’s tyre and rubber units.
- 2008-10-29 Cooper Has New Distribution Center
Cooper Tire & Rubber Co. has leased a 362,000-square-foot warehouse area in Allentown, Pa.
- 2008-10-29 Amtel-Vredestein N.V. Considering Sale of Assets or Entire Group
Amtel-Vredestein N.V. reports that, since the Oct. 1 termination of the proposed joint venture with Sibur Holding, operations at its Russian production facilities in Kiron and Voronezh have remained suspended due to the group’s shortage of working capital.
- 2008-10-29 Kremenchug wheel plant is cutting working week short
JSC "Kremenchug Wheel Plant" (Poltava region, Urkaine) is cutting weekly working hours from five to three days – informs the trade union of the plant.
- 2008-10-29 Michelin to spend $250 million in Italy
Michelin said it will spend more than $250 million during the next five years to upgrade its tire plants in Italy.
- 2008-10-30 Vogue to display size 245/40R20 white/gold stripe tire at SEMA Show
Vogue Tyre & Rubber Co. reports its size 245/40R20 white/gold stripe design tire will be available starting in mid-November.
- 2008-10-30 The revised Rally Japan: a new challenge for Pirelli's soft compound tyres
Rally Japan - the penultimate round of the 2008 World Rally Championship - gets underway on Friday from Sapporo.
- 2008-10-30 Bandag Adds New Sizes to R250 ED Range
Bridgestone Bandag Tire Solutions (BBTS) is adding two sizes to its line-up of Bridgestone R250 ED all-position radial tyres. Regional and pickup-and-delivery fleets now have more options with the new 255/70R22.5 and 275/70R22.5 tyre sizes.
- 2008-10-30 Goodyear Cutting Saturday Production in German CV Tyre Factory
Measure taken to reduce existing stock levels
- 2008-10-30 Bridgestone Recalling Passenger Tires
NHTSA has announced a voluntary recall by Bridgestone Americas of some 150,000 radial passenger tires.
- 2008-10-31 Improved with Age? Goodyear Wants You….
Recent research suggests that the number of drivers 80 years of age is set to double in the next decade. Therefore one tyre manufacturer is seeking mature motorists to prove that performance really can improve with age.
- 2008-10-31 Kumho Releases Lowest Profile Tyre
Kumho has announced its development of the lowest aspect ratio tyre available, the 15 series Ecsta SPT 385/15ZR22.
- 2008-11-01 New General Grabber UHP Size
Sole UK distributor of General Tire, Micheldever Southam Tyres, has added 255/60 to its list of 18-inch Grabber UHP fitments.
- 2008-11-01 Nokian Production Cuts Mean Layoffs on the Cards
In Finland, Nokian Tyres is blaming the global financial crisis for the need to adjust production and improve productivity at its factory in the city of Nokia.
- 2008-11-01 Union Reports Layoffs Coming at US Goodyear-Dunlop Factory
The Goodyear-Dunlop tyre manufacturing plant in Tonawanda, New York is soon to experience its first round of layoffs in nearly 30 years, say union officials.
- 2008-11-02 Goodyear Signs Agreement with Tredit for Trailer Tires
The Goodyear Tire & Rubber Company and Tredit Tire & Wheel Company, Inc. have signed a two- year contract for the supply of Goodyear trailer tires to original equipment trailer manufacturers.
- 2008-11-03 Apollo Tyres to tap EU market with Greenfield unit in Europe
Tyre maker Apollo Tyres will kick-start its plan to begin its operations in Europe by opening its first sales, marketing and technical office here in Germany in January, besides giving final touches to its seven-million-tyre greenfield unit project in East Europe.
- 2008-11-03 Michelin will drop BFG ag in North America
Michelin North America Inc. will no longer offer the BFGoodrich Power Radial 80 in North America, effective Dec. 31, in order to concentrate on its Michelin brand ag tire line.
- 2008-11-04 The US Made Tyre – An Endangered Species?
A shaky domestic economy and producers in emerging markets are squeezing US tyre makers at both ends
- 2008-11-04 Many New Sizes Set for Pirelli at SEMA
Pirelli Tire North America plans to announce a number of product expansionst this week’s SEMA Show in Las Vegas.
- 2008-11-03 Yokohama Hiking Prices
Yokohama Tire Corp. is increasing prices on all of its passenger and light truck/SUV tires as of Dec. 1.
- 2008-11-04 Goodyear Sees Q3 Profits Fall
Goodyear has released its Q3 financial report, showing a drop in quarterly profit.
- 2008-11-05 Yokohama Releases Latest Advan Product
Yokohama is adding a new tyre to its global flagship Advan range.
- 2008-11-04 Nitto Launches New Summer Tire
- 2008-11-05 Yokohama Releases Latest Advan Product
Yokohama is adding a new tyre to its global flagship Advan range.
- 2008-11-05 SEMA Show, Day One: Cooper introduces GFE touring tire
Cooper Tire & Rubber Co. launched its newest touring tire, the Cooper GFE, earlier today during the Specialty Equipment Market Association Show in Las Vegas, Nev.
- 2008-11-05 SEMA Show, Day One: Hankook rolls out new UHP Ventus
Hankook Tire America Corp. introduced its Ventus R-S3 Z222 premium ultra-high performance tire earlier today at the Specialty Equipment Market Association Show in Las Vegas, Nev.
- 2008-11-05 Cooper Tire and ROUSH Performance: new Cooper Zeon RS3
COOPER TIRE & RUBBER COMPANY, the official tire of ROUSH Performance, introduces the Cooper Zeon RS3, a new generation non-directional and asymmetric extreme max performance tire fitted for the ROUSH Stage 3 and P51B Mustangs, and for the Ford Mustang enthusiast with an uncompromising need for maximum dry grip traction.
- 2008-11-07 Mobile Awareness Releases TireStat CV TPMS
- 2008-11-06 SEMA Show, Day Two: Nexen unveils several new tires
Nexen Tire America Inc. is displaying several new tires at this year's Specialty Equipment Market Association Show in Las Vegas, Nev., including the CP672, which will be original equipment (OE) on some new Kia cars in 2009.
- 2008-11-06 SEMA Show, Day Two: New General Grabber hits the streets
Continental Tire North America Inc. has taken its General Grabber Competition tire and turned it into an off- and on-road, street legal tire for the light truck tire market.
- 2008-11-06 Cooper Tire, Resilient Technologies Join Forces on Military Tire
Non-pneumatic, or airless, tire designed to help protect lives of American troops.
- 2008-11-07 Cooper Tire, PENRA Partners Lead Research Effort for Domestic Source of Natural Rubber
Cooper undertaking qualifying testing on Russian Dandelion as potential rubber source for the tire industry
- 2008-11-08 Audi R8 to Drive on Dunlop tyres
SP Sport Maxx GT and SP Winter Sport 3D selected as OE
- 2008-11-07 Pirelli – Russian Technologies JV Agreement Signed in Moscow
Company chiefs sign document during Italy-Russia summit
- 2008-11-08 SEMA Show, Day Three: Goodyear adds to Dunlop Signature line
Goodyear Tire & Rubber Co. has introduced a new addition to its Dunlop Signature line, the Dunlop Signature CS, a premium touring tire for crossover vehicles.
- 2008-11-08 SEMA Show, Day Three: Dunlop Rover M/T Maxx Traction debuts
Goodyear Tire & Rubber Co. is using this week's Specialty Equipment Market Association Show as a forum to display its new Dunlop Rover M/T Maxx Traction on/off-road tire for light truck and SUV applications.
- 2008-11-10 SEMA Show, Day Four: CTNA rolls out ExtremeContact DW, others
Continental Tire North America Inc. (CTNA) has introduced three performance tires at this week's Specialty Equipment Market Association Show, including its new ExtremeContact DW ultra-high performance tire.
- 2008-11-10 Production Starts at Kumho China Factory
According to South Korea’s Yonhap news service, the production of truck and bus tyres began today at Kumho Tire’s new facility in China. The US$100 million plant in Nanjing has a capacity to produce 300,000 bus and truck tyres per annum, the company said in a statement.
- 2008-11-10 SEMA Show, Day Four: Yokohama tire wins new product award
Yokohama Tire Corp.'s dB Super E-spec passenger tire, which uses citrus oil instead of petroleum, has earned one of Popular Mechanics Editor’s Choice Awards at the Specialty Equipment Market Association (SEMA) Show in Las Vegas.
- 2008-11-10 Goodyear Reminds Drivers: As Temperature Drops, So Does Tire Inflation
Gone is the heat of summer, replaced by cool nights and mornings. Soon, many areas of the country will be faced with consistently chilly, even sub-freezing temperatures.
- 2008-11-11 Dunlop Fit Tyres to New Subaru
- 2008-11-12 European Monityre Distributors Sought
Following the recent launch of its Monityre tyre pressure monitoring system in the UK, manufacturer Safe Europe plc is now looking to develop a network of the distributors and agents across Europe.
- 2008-11-11 Cooper plants earn ISO 9001:2000 certification
Four Cooper Tire & Rubber Co. plants have earned ISO 9001:2000 quality management system certification. The factories are in Albany, Ga.; Findlay, Ohio; Tupelo, Miss.; and Texarkana, Ark.
- 2008-11-12 Pirelli Supports US Amateur Motocross Event
Open event at Phoenix’s Arizona Cycle Park receives Italian premium brand assistance on manufacturer’s Scorpion MX tyres
- 2008-11-12 2009 Set to be Turbulent Year for Tyre Market
Plimsoll: Up to 1000 jobs on watch list
- 2008-11-12 Establishment of a Tire Sales Subsidiary in Russia
Osaka, Japan - November 11, 2008-TOYO TIRE & RUBBER CO., LTD. (President: Kenji Nakakura) hereby announces that it jointly established TOYO TIRE RUS LLC (Moscow, Russia, President: Masato Kanetsuki), its Russian tire sales subsidiary with Mitsubishi Corporation on October 23 local time.
- 2008-11-14 Michelin to Market MEMS Tyre Monitoring System Worldwide
Michelin has announced that its Michelin Earthmover Management System (MEMS) is now available around the world.
- 2008-11-13 A-V 'Negotiating' With Suppliers
Weak cashflow means Amtel-Vredestein discussing rubber-for-tyres deal with Sibur
- 2008-11-13 Pirelli a protagonist of the Ferrari World Finals at Mugello
Once more Pirelli was present and on top form at the Ferrari World Finals in Mugello last weekend: a true celebration of motorsport. From the final of the Ferrari Challenge Trofeo Pirelli to the presentation of the new 510-horsepower Scuderia Spider 16M, equipped exclusively with PZero Corsa tyres, Pirelli had the chance to show the best of itself through its historic partnership with Ferrari.
- 2008-11-14 Marangoni Adds to Winter Tyre Range
Winter tyres, says Marangoni, have come a long way from the days when they were merely "snow tyres" with very deep treads to help rid the grooves of snow and ice.
- 2008-11-13 Continental medium truck tire aces test
Continental Tire North America Inc.'s (CTNA) Continental HDL Eco Plus premium drive tire achieved "exceptional fuel economy" during a recent test in Quebec.
- 2008-11-14 Alcoa’s Dura-Bright Wheels: Just Add Water
Alcoa is promoting the stay-clean qualities of its Dura-Bright wheels. Penetrating the wheel itself, the unique Dura-Bright technology is designed not to crack, peel or corrode. Dura-Bright has also been used in Alcoa’s commercial vehicle range of wheels for some time.
- 2008-11-15 Marangoni Supplies Tyres for First Tuned Alfa Mito
Marrangoni Tyre is supply red rubber for the first tuned Alfa Mito, on display at the forthcoming Essen Motor Show (27 November to 7 December 2008).
- 2008-11-14 PIRELLI TO BE OFFICIAL SUPPLIER OF THE SWEDISH RALLY CHAMPIONSHIP
The Italian rubber manufacturer has signed a three-year deal with the Swedish sporting authorities to become the exclusive tyre supplier to the Swedish Rally Championship.
- 2008-11-15 Marangoni Supplies New Hill Climb Tyres
New rubber tuned for 3000 cc engines
- 2008-11-17 Deal Puts Baja 1000 Live on Internet
Michelin North America’s BFGoodrich brand and Volkswagen of America have partnered to create a new "online experience" supporting the upcoming SCORE Baja 1000.
- 2008-11-17 Logistics Firm to Handle Pirelli OE DC
CEVA Logistics has opened a distribution center in Westland, Mich., to support Pirelli Tire North America OEMs.
- 2008-11-16 Toyo adds 18 sizes to Proxes, Open Country lines
Toyo Tire U.S.A. Corp. has introduced 18 new sizes, including sizes for its Toyo Proxes 4 ultra-high performance tire, plus other products.
- 2008-11-17 Bridgestone to Supply ECOPIA Brand Tires as Standard Equipment for Toyota iQ
Bridgestone expands scope of flagship brand of eco-friendly tires
- 2008-11-17 Michelin Develops its own Lunar Tire
Groupe Michelin has developed a new lunar wheel for the next generation of NASA lunar rover vehicles.
- 2008-11-18 Russian Tyre Makers Expect to Benefit from World Crisis
The world crisis has reached Russian tyre market. Following several years’ increase, 2008 sees the risk of passenger tyres’ sales drop.
- 2008-11-18 Apollo Plans Rs 30 Billion Investment in Five Years
Indian manufacturer looking to expand existing plants and build new greenfield facilities
- 2008-11-18 Kumho Tires Opens New Tire Plant in Nanjing
Gains important manufacturing foothold in fast-growing truck and bus tire market
- 2008-11-18 Dunlop India Halts Sahaganj Production
Worldwide slump hits West Bengal factory with workers told not to come in
- 2008-11-19 Dunlop the Tyre of Choice for Lancer Evo X
Mitsubishi Motors equips SP Sport 600 tyres for top model
- 2008-11-19 Bridgestone Europe issues 2008 "Environmental Commitment and Performance" brochure
Bridgestone Europe NV/SA has published an updated environmental report setting out the company’s commitment to high environmental standards and the latest steps it is taking to achieve them.
- 2008-11-19 Michelin to Reduce Production at Olsztyn, Poland Factory
According to AFP, Michelin has announced production cuts at its Polish facility due to falling demand. "It's a question of adapting to current market conditions, with a drop in market demand," Michelin spokeswoman Sorina Neculescu told the news agency.
- 2008-11-20 Michelin Primacy HP to Benefit Vauxhall ecoFLEX
Michelin reports it has developed a tyre – the energy-efficient Primacy HP – specifically for Vauxhall’s new Insignia ecoFLEX. The tyre is said to reduce fuel consumption by as much as 0.2 litres per 100 kilometres, thereby lowering CO2 emissions by more than four grams per kilometre.
- 2008-11-20 Temporary Layoff Agreed For Nokian Employees
The statutory negotiations concerning the lay-offs of the Nokian Tyres employees at the Nokia factory in Finland ended on the 19th November, 2008.
- 2008-11-20 Goodyear GPS Models: Picture
Goodyear has released images of the NCC-produced, Goodyear-branded GPS units displayed at the SEMA show (as reported in late October on Tyrepress.com; ‘NCC Directs Goodyear to SEMA Show’).
- 2008-11-21 TyreSafe: Cold Weather Tyres Offer Safer Alternative
With Winter upon us TyreSafe is advising motorists to consider fitting cold weather tyres in order to improve road safety.
- 2008-11-21 Bridgestone Completes First F1 Slicks Test
Dry conditions allow the Japanese supplier chance to trial new 2009 specification rubber
- 2008-11-21 Goodyear Assurance Tire Named "Product of the Year" in China
After undergoing extensive testing, Goodyear Assurance tire has received the 2008 "Annual Product of the Year Award" from Auto Magazine, one of China’s most respected automotive publications.
- 2008-11-22 Goodyear Shares Hit Lowest Point in Five Years
Shares in Goodyear Tire & Rubber sank to their lowest point since 2003 on November 20.
- 2008-11-22 Potenzas Make New Nissan 370Z
Bridgestone-brand Potenza RE050A tires are OE on the 2009 Nissan 370Z sports coupe.
- 2008-11-22 Pirelli Calendar 2009
The 2009 edition of the Pirelli Calendar, cult object for more than forty years among connoisseurs of photography, beauty and cultural evolution, was unveiled today in a world premiere held at The Station in Berlin, the historic train depot that connected the capital with Dresden, Vienna and Prague in the late 19th century.
- 2008-11-22 Memorandum of Understanding with Chemical Industry Enterprises
"[[Rosava]]"’s Board of Directors’s head and General Director Mr. R. Rybachuck participated in signing the Memorandum of Understanding between the Cabinet of Ministers of Ukraine and chemical enterprises on November, 17, 2008.
In accordance with the paper, both parties undertake a number of responsibilities.
- 2008-11-24 Toyo Tire Holdings of Americas Inc. Announces Customer Satisfaction Campaign
Limited Number of TOYO TIRES and Nitto Brand Tires to be Replaced Free of Charge
- 2008-11-24 Vintage Tyres Resurrect Avon CR39 Turbospeed
Owners of Jaguar XJ40s and XJ6s from the late 80s and early 90s have had an impossible task locating their discontinued replacement tyres.
- 2008-11-24 General Tire’s Marc Burnett Wins at Baja 1000
General Tire made history today when Marc Burnett drove his Boost Mobile/Monster Energy/General Tire Ford Ranger to a Class 6-Mini Trophy Truck win in the 41st Tecate SCORE Baja 1000.
Burnett, a seasoned traditional 2-wheel guy, drove the entire race as the solo driver of the truck.
- 2008-11-25 Essen Motor Show: The Dotz Highlights
The year’s most important tuning show in Europe will take place in Essen as of November 29. Dotz will again present various specialties to the visitors.
- 2008-11-25 Bridgestone helps school build playground with recycled truck tyres
Bridgestone UK has helped a school in Cheshire near Manchester find an environmental solution for its new playground and basketball field – recycled truck tyres.
- 2008-11-25 The Pirelli-equipped Saleen finishes the 2008 FIA GT season with a win
Kumpen-Longin and their Pirelli-equipped Saleen S7-R carried all before them at the final round of this year's FIA-GT Championship in Argentina.
- 2008-11-26 Pirelli Offers Welsh Drivers Tyre Pressure Checks
Free testing to coincide with the WRC’s arrival in Wales for its final round
- 2008-11-26 TyreSafe: Past, Present and Future
Tyre safety body TyreSafe has come a long way since its birth as the Tyre Industry Council in 1992. Chairman, Rob Beddis, explains the evolution of the organisation, what it stands for, its achievements to date and its plans for the future.
- 2008-11-26 Michelin Temporarily Closing Romanian Factories
Michelin has notified Romanian media that it will temporarily close its factories in that country until further notice in response to a greatly reduced demand for tyres.
- 2008-11-26 Rosava buys new machinery to produce medium-class tyres
CJSC "Rosava" has acquired new machinery from the Slovak "VIPO" company to produce medium-class tyres
- 2008-11-26 Tyresure Encourages Winter Tyre Pressure Check
Tyresure is encouraging drivers to check their tyre pressures as the temperatures plummet.
- 2008-11-27 Expansion of Toyo plant remains 'on schedule'
Further construction at Toyo Tire North America Manufacturing Inc.'s White, Ga., plant remains on schedule.
- 2008-11-27 All Ukrainian auto making plants to shut down in December
The Ukrainian news agency "RBK-Ukraine" informs - in the nearest weeks almost all Ukrainian auto making plants will shut down.
- 2008-11-26 Continental "Welcomes" EU Tyre Label Standardisation
German manufacturer highlights the need for consistency across 27 EU states, customer friendliness
- 2008-11-27 AF Blakemore Chooses Pirelli Truck Tyres
AF Blakemore and Son Ltd has decided to switch tyre suppliers to Pirelli Truck Tyres.
- 2008-11-28 Counterfeit Dunlop Tyres Discovered in Philippines Raid
The Philippine government’s Presidential Anti-Smuggling Group (PASG) has raided a warehouse on the northern island of Luzon, seizing some 10 million peso (£133,500) of counterfeit tyres and motorcycle spare parts.
- 2008-11-28 KeyBanc maintains its 'Hold' rating on Goodyear stock
KeyBanc Capital Markets is maintaining its "Hold" rating on Goodyear Tire & Rubber Co. stock despite a challenging business environment.
- 2008-11-28 Vote for Nitto Tire-Sponsored GLK Project Car
Nitto Tire U.S.A., partnered with renowned Mercedes performance specialist, RENNtech, to help create a specially tuned rally race Mercedes GLK as part of Mercedes-Benz’s GLK-SEMA Tuner Challenge.
- 2008-11-29 BF Goodrich wins 41st annual SCORE Baja 1000
BF Goodrich Tires, the official tire of the SCORE Desert Racing Series, conquered Mexico's Baja peninsula by earning its 22nd overall four-wheel victory at the 41st annual SCORE Baja 1000.
- 2008-12-02 Motorists advised to check their tread to improve road safety
With one of the wettest summers on record, TyreSafe, the UK's leading tyre safety organisation, is reminding drivers to check their tyre tread depth to stay safe on the roads this winter.
- 2008-12-01 Pirelli: Tire demand is down globally
Pirelli & Cie SpA is on record as predicting tire demand will be down in 2008. Its nine-month financial results seem to back that up.
- 2008-12-01 Dempsey/Herder Win Class 1 of Baja 1000 on Toyo Open Country M/T
Chuck Dempsey (driver of record) and John Herder drove their Speed Technologies/Toyo Tires/HMS open wheel "Avenger" racer to a win in Class 1 and 7th overall in last weekend's 41st Tecate SCORE Baja 1000 race in Baja California, Mexico.
- 2008-12-02 Conti Considering Production Cutbacks
Production output at Continental AG will reportedly be reduced at the end of this year following cuts in production at most German vehicle manufacturers.
- 2008-12-01 German Goodyear Dunlop Factories Halt Christmas Production
Six plants will not produce for two weeks over the Christmas period
- 2008-12-01 South Koreans Drop Output
Reuters reports that South Korean tyre manufacturers began to cut output during November.
- 2008-12-02 Goodyear Dunlop Raises Prices 5%
1 December 2008 Goodyear Dunlop UK is increasing the cost of its two premium tyre brands by 5.1 per cent for Goodyear and 5.7 per cent for Dunlop.
- 2008-12-03 More than 60% of UK Drivers Soft on Tyre Pressure, Says Michelin
Michelin has taken its "Fill up with Air" roadshow throughout the UK and Ireland, checking and adjusting drivers’ tyre pressures in a campaign intended to highlight the potential safety benefits, fuel savings and reduced emissions that are directly related to having the car’s tyre pressures correctly set.
- 2008-12-02 Continental Cuts Back Production at German Tyre Making Factories
Production is being cut back at Continental’s three German tyre production plants.
- 2008-12-02 2008 TIRE SHIPMENTS DROP MORE THAN SIX PERCENT
Further softening anticipated in 2009
- 2008-12-03 "Dneproshina" dismisses its Director General
" Dneproshina " JSC, the second largest tyre manufacturer in Ukraine dismissed its Director General Josef Ruchek, - the company statement informs as of December, 1.
- 2008-12-03 Hankook Tire Wins Prestigious International Design Awards for Environmentally Friendly Tires
First time any tire has received an award from the International Forum Design since the awards were introduced in 1953.
- 2008-12-04 Vredestein’s innovative spare tyre in new Audi Q5
Folding Space Master a clear favourite with premium brand car manufacturers
- 2008-12-04 Hankook to Sponsor Scottish Rally Championship
Next year the MSA Scottish Rally Championship will gain the backing of Hankook Tire – and the manufacturer is apparently already considering extending the sponsorship deal further.
- 2008-12-04 Goodyear and NASA Successfully Recreate Original Moon Tire; Work sets baseline for future space missions
The Goodyear Tire & Rubber Company and NASA have taken one small step backward to make one giant leap forward and help prepare for future missions to the moon and to Mars.
- 2008-12-04 Hankook will adjust production
Hankook Tire Co. plans to reduce its production volume this month "in response to the recent reduction in demand for automobiles in a number of markets," say Hankook officials.
- 2008-12-05 Conti to Review Romania Production as OE Orders Decrease
Production output at Continental’s Timisoara factory in Romania will be reduced due to falling orders from OE customers.
- 2008-12-05 End of the road for the unpopular grooved rubber
Fernando Alonso said he is happy that the sport will enter a new tyre era in 2009.
- 2008-12-05 Reifen China 2008 Opens with 25% Visitor Increase
Reifen China 2008 opened its doors in Shanghai yesterday, with over 3000 visitors entering the city’s New International Expo Center for the show.
- 2008-12-05 NHTSA Finalizes New Tire Registration Regulation
Measure Provides Added Flexibility for Dealers, Codifies Electronic Registration
- 2008-12-06 UK New Car Sales Drop More than 35% in November
Sales of new cars in the UK plummeted in November to 100,333 units, a decrease of 36.8 per cent on last year’s figures.
- 2008-12-06 Farm tire manufacturers ramp up production
In response to expected increases in demand next year, several farm tire manufacturers are boosting their production capacities.
- 2008-12-08 FTD at WSCC speed series achieved on Toyo’s Proxes R888’s
Garry Bunn, a competitor in the Westfield Sports Car Club Speed Series, recorded the FTD (fastest time of the day) at a sprint at Thoresby Park in Nottingham in September using the road legal Toyo Proxes R888 (soft compound).
- 2008-12-08 Bridgestone Inaugurates Synthetic Rubber Plant in China
Bridgestone (Huizhou) Synthetic Rubber Co., Ltd. ("BSRC"), a wholly-owned subsidiary of Bridgestone Corporation, today officially opened a plant for the production of synthetic rubber in Huizhou, Guangdong Province, China.
- 2008-12-07 Fire Burns Through Cooper Tire Warehouse
An Arkansas, US warehouse containing 100,000 tyres and used by Cooper Tire has caught fire.
- 2008-12-08 China Exported 140 Million Tyres in 2007 - Report
A newly released report into China’s tyre industry – states that the country, the world’s largest tyre producer since 2004, manufactured a total of 330 million tyres in 2007; of this number, 70 per cent were radials.
- 2008-12-08 Nitto Dura Grappler, a tire designed for diesels and towing.
When it comes to aftermarket wheels and tires, diesel truck owners usually end up having to choose between function and style.
- 2008-12-09 Lockout Declared at Factory Outsourced to Apollo Tyres
Apollo Tyres gave word on December 6 that a plant owned by PTL Enterprises that produces tyres exclusively for Apollo entered a lockout situation as of 2am December 6.
- 2008-12-09 Apollo Cuts Prices
Leading Indian tyre maker, Apollo has announced that it has cut its prices across its product range by around four per cent.
- 2008-12-09 Euro-spec Nissan GT-R gets better grip with Dunlop tires
The 2010 Nissan GT-R will lose the wonderful yet controversial launch control; however, Nissan announced that the extra horsepower and a couple of other add ons should make up for the loss… at least in Europe.
- 2008-12-09 Yokohama Tire’s "ADVAN Sport" is Fitted to the NISSAN 370Z as Original Equipment
The [[Yokohama]] Rubber Co., Ltd., announces that the ADVAN Sport ultra-high-performance tire, in its global flagship brand "ADVAN" line, has been fitted as original equipment on the NISSAN 370Z (Fairlady Z in the Japanese market), to be marketed worldwide by Nissan Motor Co., Ltd.
- 2008-12-09 Information about new summer pattern line MATADOR MP 44 Elite 3
MP 44 Elite 3A novelty for the 2009 summer season – in the segment of summer HIGH PERFORMANCE tyres for middle and upper medium range cars.
- 2008-12-10 Sebastien Loeb wins a dramatic rally Great Britain with PIRELLI
The very first World Rally Championship of the Pirelli era has drawn to a close in Wales today, with the recently-crowned five-time World Rally Champion Sebastien Loeb breaking his own record by claiming his 11th win in one season.
- 2008-12-10 Nokian Begins Job Cut Talks
Nokian Tyres has today begun new statutory negotiations in order to adjust operations and to cut personnel by approximately 450 people at its Nokia factory in Finland, due to the decreased demand for tyres.
- 2008-12-10 Continental tyres scoops six best buy accolades in Which? report
- 2008-12-10 Amtel-Povolzhye resumes production
Kirov OJSC "Amtel-Povolzhye Tyre Complex", which is the subsidiary of the tyre holding Amtel-Vredestein, resumed production on December, 8.
- 2008-12-11 Solomon Alsberg selects Alcoa for expanding Russian Market
Alcoa has begun supplying lightweight forgings to Russian designer and manufacturer of forged aluminium wheels Solomon Alsberg.
- 2008-12-11 Goodyear OptiGrip Wins Innovation Award
The Goodyear Opti Grip – SmartWear Technology has been recognised for its new and original features, having received the Luxembourg Business Federation’s Innovation Award for 2008.
- 2008-12-11 Michelin OE for Honda City in India
Michelin India has announced an agreement to supply its silica based compound tyre Energy XM1 tyre as OE to the new Honda City in the Indian market.
- 2008-12-11 Nokian Using Russian Capacity in Difficult Market Conditions
Nokian’s decision to reduce its Finland-based tyre production output from 6 million to 4.5 million tyres will be coupled with increased Russian capacity, financial analysts have reported.
- 2008-12-12 Toyo Tires Unveils the New Proxes TQ, Their First D.O.T.-Approved Drag Radial
Toyo Tire U.S.A. Corp. introduced today the Proxes TQ, the first D.O.T.-approved drag radial by Toyo Tires. Designed specifically for high-horsepower muscle cars and street machines, the Proxes TQ delivers maximized grip during launch for quicker 60-foot times and lower elapsed times. The tire was unveiled in front of a crowd of racing enthusiasts at the Performance Racing Industry (PRI) Trade Show in Orlando, Florida.
- 2008-12-13 OZ the wheels brand most winning in the world and record wheels
In 2009 OZ will celebrate 25 years in F1 and 20 in WRC with most famed car teams.
- 2008-12-15 ROSAVA hits Ukrainian roads
The first tented truck endorsing Rosava brand is crossing Ukrainian roads.
- 2008-12-15 Nexen Unveils 15 Series Tyre
Nexen Tire has released details of its new 15 series UHP N3000 tyre following the company’s development of Nano technology and 20 series tyres in previous years.
- 2008-12-15 Cooper Recalling Touring Tires
NHTSA announced that Cooper Tire & Rubber Co. is recalling potentially undercured Cooper CS4 Touring tires.
- 2008-12-15 Conti Gets Two M-B Fitments
Continental AG has earned two fitments on 2009 Mercedes-Benz models.
- 2008-12-16 Vredestein Banden B.V. to be Sold
Amtel-Vredestein Russian Business Can't Satisfy Creditors' Demands
- 2008-12-16 Hankook Truck Tyre Gains US Environmental Accreditation
AL07+, Z35 and TL01 have allowed lowered rolling resistance 3 per cent
- 2008-12-16 Toyo Proxes to Use Recycled Polyester Tyre Cord Technology
A new tyre launched onto the Japanese market on December 11 utilises the world’s first recycled polyester tyre cord product.
- 2008-12-16 Rosava gets approved as an official supplier of Military forces of Ukraine
OJSC Rosava has been approved as a supplier of military forces of Ukraine.
- 2008-12-17 Record sales of Rosava medium-sized tyres
WQ winter tyres have grown in popularity – the sales have doubled.
- 2008-12-17 Pirelli Going Green in VW Race Series
Pirelli Tire North America has been named the official tire supplier for the 2009-11 Volkswagen Jetta TDI Cup, the first zero carbon racing series in the world.
- 2008-12-17 Japan 2009 Tyre Output May Fall 5%
Tyre production in Japan is expected to fall 5% next year in terms of rubber usage as the global economic crisis takes its toll on car demand worldwide, Japan's tyremaker industry group said on Wednesday.
- 2008-12-19 Delticom AG: Europe's leading Internet tyre retailer welcomes inclusion in SDAX®
Delticom's shares to be included in Deutsche Börse's SDAX® from Monday
- 2008-12-19 Conti Gets OE Fitment on Traverse
Continental Tire is to supply OE tires for the all-new 2009 Chevrolet Traverse, which will be fitted with P245/70R17 108S General Grabber HTS tires.
- 2008-12-22 Ceat leads industry with another price cut of 3-4 percent in less than a fortnight
Ceat Ltd has announced a fresh round of price cuts to the tune of 3- 4 per cent on its truck tyres. This is the second round of price cuts announced by Ceat within a span of 10 days, the first tyre manufacturer to do so.
- 2008-12-22 Continental AG launches tyre range in India
Continental AG, which has flirted with the Indian tyre industry through technological support to Indian manufacturers and cobranded through a joint venture, have now decided to enter the market by itself.
- 2008-12-22 Nokian Negotiations End With Six-Month Layoff
The statutory negotiations at Nokian Heavy Tyres ended on the 19th of December, 2008 with the decision to lay off the employees for approximately six months.
- 2008-12-22 Brisa Employees Occupy Factory Following Job Cut Announcement
Turkey’s Dogan News Agency has reported on around 1,000 Brisa employees barricading themselves inside the company’s tyre manufacturing facility in Izmit.
- 2008-12-22 Goodyear’s DuraSeal Technology Gets Nod
Goodyear's self-sealing commercial tire technology, designed to help truck fleets save on their operating costs, has earned a "Nifty Fifty Award" for best new products in 2008.
- 2008-12-21 AMTEL-VREDESTEIN N.V. UPDATES ON RECENT DEVELOPMENTS
Amtel Vredestein N.V. ("AVNV") announces that its subsidiary company OJSC AMTEL-VREDESTEIN ("OJSC AV"), the holding company of the group’s Russian business, is no longer able to satisfy its creditors’ demands.
- 2008-12-23 Marangoni Launches New "e-logic" Tyre Range
Marangoni has announced the launch of its new range of premium summer-weather tyres, the e-logic.
- 2008-12-23 Federal Acknowledged by MSA in UK
Federal Tyres has joined the Motor Sports Association (MSA) as a fully endorsed member.
- 2008-12-23 Schaeffler’s Takeover of Continental Gets EU Approval
The EU Commission has granted approval of the takeover of Continental AG by the Schaeffler Group.
- 2008-12-23 Pirelli to sponsor Porsche drivers cup contest
Pirelli North America Inc. (PTNA) has been selected by Competent Motorsport LLC as the official tire supplier and title sponsor for the 2009 and 2010 Drivers Cup USA.
- 2008-12-25 Avon unveils new VP2 tyre
The company will launch its first multi-compound tyre, the VP2, in 2009 to replace its current Viper tyre.
- 2008-12-29 New Wheels from DOTZ
When Dotz has a hand in it, think speed, style, and tuning. The company’s background is rooted in a passion for cars and high quality manufactured rims.
- 2008-12-24 New alloy wheels from MAK/TSW Group
Preparing for the next season of "summer reshoeing" the leading alloy wheels makers are offering more and more new modern and futuristic designs – in a fight to keep their customers. MAK/TSW Group is on the move as well.
- 2008-12-25 Casual, light look in summer and winter with the aluminium wheel Dezent L
A few insights in the right places and some well-proportioned curves: sometimes it's not hard at all to provide a sustainable impression.
- 2008-12-25 Quality management system
CJSC "Rosava" has once again proved its quality management system meets all the requirements of the internationally approved ISO 9001:2000 standard.
- 2008-12-26 Rosbank is demanding money from Amtel
Rosbank is trying to get its money back – the loan given to one of the Russian enterprises belonging to Amtel-Vredestein group.
- 2008-12-29 WinterContact TS 800: Safety & Performance in All Winter Conditions
Almost any driver will start staring at the tyre having looked at it for the first time – its pure aesthetics can’t but attract your glance. But you can be sure - TS 800 is not only an attractive pattern – it’s one of the safest winter tyres in its class.
- 2008-12-29 Tyre maker Vredestein up for sale
The Russian owner of car tyre maker Vredestein is putting the company up for sale, the NRC reports on Monday.
- 2008-12-31 Happy New Year!
iTyre.com need to make congratulation on New Year and Christmas to our clients and partners!
- 2008-12-31 Toyo Tires Prepare for Dakar 2009
Toyo Tires, Robby Gordon and Team Dakar USA will once again take on the Dakar rally. The 2009 event will cross the continent of South America from January 3–18.
- 2008-12-31 Happy New Year!
iTyre.com need to make congratulation on New Year and Christmas to our clients and partners!
- 2009-01-04 Bridgestone Europe takes full control of Bandag EMEA
Bridgestone Europe NV/SA announced today that they have assumed full control of Bandag EMEA through the purchase of all of the shares in that company from Bridgestone Americas.
- 2009-01-05 PAX System Class Action Suit Settled
Michelin North America Inc. and American Honda Motor Co. have settled a class action lawsuit with consumers claiming they were misled about Michelin-produced run-flat tires.
- 2009-01-05 Police Arrest Man in Pirelli Plant Thefts
Floyd County, Georgia, police charged a 22-year-old Rome man in connection with a string of thefts at Pirelli Tire North America’s tire plant in the city.
- 2009-01-06 Schaeffler Sells 5.5% of its Conti Shares to Sal. Oppenheim
Schaeffler Group has reportedly transferred 5.5% of the shares it holds in Continental AG to Sal. Oppenheim Jr. & Cie.
- 2009-01-07 Beru f1systems Develops Infra Red Tyre Heat Sensor
BERU f1systems has developed a high resolution infra-red tyre sensor designed to help optimise vehicle set up and tyre performance in the wake of restricted F1 testing.
- 2009-01-07 Reifen China Opens the Door to New Markets
- 2009-01-09 Gas Restrictions Stop Production at Hankook’s Hungary Plant
Production at Hankook Tire’s Dunaujvaros factory in Hungary drew to a halt on January 7, reports the Hungarian MTI news agency, after national restrictions were imposed upon certain industrial users of natural gas.
- 2009-01-08 Bridgestone Europe takes full control of Bandag EMEA
Bridgestone Europe NV/SA announced today that they have assumed full control of Bandag EMEA through the purchase of all of the shares in that company from Bridgestone Americas. The purchase was completed on December 31st.
- 2009-01-08 Michelin, Honda Reach Settlement In Tire Case
Tire manufacturer Michelin North America Inc. and American Honda Motor Co. Inc. have announced a settlement of a nationwide class-action lawsuit brought by consumers over so-called "run-flat" tires.
- 2009-01-08 Alcoa Closing its Final Cast Aluminium Wheel Factory
Alcoa has announced it will completely withdraw from the passenger car cast aluminium wheel business, instead focusing its efforts in this segment upon forged aluminium wheels.
- 2009-01-08 Second Private Bank Acquires Conti Share From Schaeffler
In addition to its sale of 5.48 per cent of its share in Continental AG to Sal. Oppenheim, the Schaeffler Group has sold a 3.99 per cent parcel of shares to the German private bank B. Metzler seel. Sohn & Co.
- 2009-01-09 Pirelli Awarded a contract for particulate filters by SITA (Suez Group) in the Netherlands
Pirelli Eco Technology, a company in the Pirelli Group operating in technology for lowering pollutant emissions from diesel engines, signed an agreement to supply innovative particulate filters to SITA (SUEZ ENVIRONNEMENT).
- 2009-01-09 TOYO TIRES 24 Hours of Dubai 2009
Qualifying has commenced for the fourth TOYO TIRES 24hours of Dubai. As in every year since its inauguration, TOYO TIRES are Title Sponsors of the gruelling 24 hour race demonstrating their commitment to endurance racing.
- 2009-01-09 Kumho Tires Provides Road Venture Tires To Dakar Rally
Kumho Tires, one of the world's leading tire manufacturers, today announced it will be a tire provider for the international Dakar Rally. The UK Bowler team’s vehicle Nemesis will be riding on 18-inch Road Venture tires.
- 2009-01-09 Dunlop Announces New Sizes in Sport Maxx Range
A year on from the launch of the company’s Sport Maxx TT range, featuring Kevlar in its construction, Dunlop has unveiled an extended range of sizes that make it possible to apply this acclaimed technology to a wider range of performance cars.
- 2009-01-10 Hankook Resumes Production in Hungary
Hankook’s factory in Dunaujvaros, Hungary resumed production on the afternoon of January 8, following a stoppage the previous day due to gas shortages.
- 2009-01-10 Conti US OE for Mercedes-Benz GLK
Continental’s Conti4x4Contact has been chosen as US market original equipment for the 2010 Mercedes-Benz GLK.
- 2009-01-10 Interstate’s Newest 4x4 Tyre Now Available
Netherlands based Interstate Tire & Rubber reports that its latest 4x4 tyre, displayed at last May’s Essen show in Germany, is now on the market and available in six popular sizes between 16 and 18-inches.
- 2009-01-10 Ssangyong Motor files for bankruptcy
Troubled South Korean automaker Ssangyong Motor Co. has applied for protection from creditors to buy time to restructure itself into a profitable manufacturer after red ink mounted and cash flow collapsed amid falling sales.
- 2009-01-12 New MAK Nova 5-Spoke Wheel
MAK Nova is described as a "sober" five-spoke design.
- 2009-01-12 Kumho Tires Opens New Tire Warehouse in New Jersey
Distribution center will support growth in New England states.
- 2009-01-12 TOYO TIRES Hummer hits 5th place in Dakar
Robby Gordon has taken third place in todays special from Mendoza to Valparaiso, Chile. This magnificent result againt the mighty factory teams takes the TOYO TIRES Hummer to 5th place overall.
- 2009-01-12 Land Motorsport win 4th Toyo Tires 24h Dubai
Land Motorsport have just won the thrilling 4th Toyo Tires 24h of Dubai in their Porsche GT3 Cup car.
- 2009-01-12 New Legislation to Top The Agenda At Tire Technology Expo 2009
With over 140 exhibitors and an outstanding conference program and speaker line-up, Tire Technology Expo 2009 will once again maintain its status as the world's most important Tire Manufacturing Technology Exhibition and Conference.
- 2009-01-13 Nokian Tyres launches a new winter tyre for demanding winter conditions
Nokian Tyres will launch a new studded Hakkapeliitta winter tyre. The Nokian Hakkapeliitta 7 has been developed for demanding and quickly changing winter conditions.
- 2009-01-13 Michelin Debuts Energy Saver All-Season Tyre in US
Michelin’s Energy saver all-season tyre will go on sale in North America this summer following its unveiling at the 2009 North American International Auto Show (NAIAS) in January.
- 2009-01-13 Bastard love child of Camaro SS and Corvette ZR1 will be equipped with Michelin tires
Following in the footsteps of such legendary Camaro tuners as Yenko Chevrolet, Hennessey Performance Engineering has unveiled the HPE700, which mates a standard 2010 Camaro SS with the supercharged LS9 V8 from the Corvette ZR1.
- 2009-01-13 Bridgestone voted "Best Brand" once again
The readers of the magazine MOTORSPORT Aktuell have selected Bridgestone as the "Best Brand" for the second time in a row.
- 2009-01-14 Continental Launches New Barum Branded Industrial Range
Continental has announced that it is in the process of launching a new budget brand into the industrial tyre market, the Barum Industry.
- 2009-01-14 Michelin Reportedly Planning a 4th Factory in Brazil
An unsourced report published in Brazil’s O Estado de S. Paulo newspaper indicates that Michelin has plans to build a fourth factory in Rio de Janeiro State.
- 2009-01-14 Expect More Alcoa Forged Passenger Wheel OE Deals in 2009
Manufacturer offers carmakers 'up-selling opportunity' to combat tough market conditions
- 2009-01-14 Dunlop to Partner SEAT for Revamped UK Challenge
SEAT has announced the relaunch for 2009 of the company’s SEAT Leon Supercopa Challenge.
- 2009-01-14 Bridgestone Europe to launch range of fuel efficient tyres in 2009
From April 2009, an extensive range of Turanza ER300 Ecopia tyres will be gradually introduced to the European market.
- 2009-01-15 Pirelli and Porsche win the 24 hours of Dubai endurance race
Land Motorsport with their Pirelli-shod 997GT3Cup lead home a 78 car field.
- 2009-01-15 Yokohama adds five fitments to OE program
Yokohama Tire Corp. has five new original equipment fitments for 2009 model vehicles.
- 2009-01-15 Investments Banks Hold 35.75% Stake in Conti
Investment banks B. Metzler seel. Sohn & Co Holding AG and Merrill Lynch have bought shares equating to a combined voting stake of 35.75 per cent in Continental AG.
- 2009-01-15 Reduced Production Continues at Goodyear’s Luxembourg Factory
The shorter working week implemented at Goodyear’s truck tyre factory in Luxembourg is being extended beyond the time originally specified.
- 2009-01-16 Yokohama Partners Continental in Brazil
News reports indicate that Yokohama Rubber Corp. has signed a partnership deal in Brazil with Continental AG.
- 2009-01-17 Yokohama Tires Get EPA SmartWay Approval
Three Yokohama medium truck tires have been approved by the Environmental Protection Agency’s (EPA) SmartWay program, which promotes cleaner, more efficient truck technologies.
- 2009-01-17 2009 Commercial Vehicle Show Canceled
The organisers of Commercial Vehicle Show – scheduled for 28-30 Apr. 28-30 – have designed not to go ahead with this year’s event.
- 2009-01-16 Gordon moves to 3rd in Dakar
After an extraordinary day at the Dakar, Robby Gordon in his Toyo Tires shod Hummer H3 has moved to third overall behind the VWs of De Villiers and Miller.
- 2009-01-16 Truck of the Year Rolls on Goodyear Tires
At this week's North American International Auto Show (NAIAS) in Detroit, The Goodyear Tire & Rubber Company is proud to supply original equipment tires to the vehicle named as "Truck of the Year."
- 2009-01-16 Dunlop Tires Help Hyundai Genesis Roll to Top Car Award
Dunlop Tires proudly claims original equipment fitments on some of the premier automobiles in the world, and that credibility was enhanced with this week's selection of the 2009 Hyundai Genesis as the North American International Auto Show (NAIAS) Car of the Year.
- 2009-01-19 Yokohama Rubber to Invest $122 Million in Russia Tire Plant
Yokohama Rubber Co. will invest about 3.5 billion rubles ($122 million) to build a tire plant in Russia.
- 2009-01-19 Obama to ride on Goodyears
Barack Obama's limousine, a heavily customized Cadillac, will ride on Goodyear tires when he takes office next week.
- 2009-01-20 Michelin sells stake in TPMS JV
Michelin North America Inc. has sold its stake in EnTire Solutions LLC to TRW Automotive Holdings Corp., its partner in the EnTire joint venture.
- 2009-01-19 RMA cancels annual meeting
Rubber Manufacturers Association (RMA) members have agreed to cancel the association's April 2009 annual meeting in Ponte Verde, Fla., as a cost-cutting measure.
- 2009-01-19 Detroit 2009: Ford's Mustang Alley features accessory wheels for 2010 model
Don't like the stock wheels on the new Mustang? No worries.
- 2009-01-20 Conti Offers Replacement TPMS Sensors for Ford, Mazda
Continental Commercial Vehicles & Aftermarket now offers VDO Valveless TPMS sensors and wheel bands for both Ford and Mazda low pressure and Ford truck high pressure applications.
- 2009-01-20 New Firestone TZ300α touring tyre
Firestone has upgraded its passenger car line-up with the launch of the TZ300α, a touring zone tyre offering family drivers robust and reliable performance with high levels of safety, comfort and quietness.
- 2009-01-20 Goodyear Tires Selected as Consumers Digest 'Best Buys'
The February 2009 issue of Consumers Digest showcases the best tires on the market, as rated by the magazine's editors, and products from The Goodyear Tire & Rubber Company take top billing in two of the rated segments.
- 2009-01-20 STATUTORY NEGOTIATIONS AT NOKIAN CAR AND VAN TYRES ENDED
The statutory negotiations at Nokian Car and Van tyres ended today.
- 2009-01-21 Robby Gordon on the Podium with TOYO TIRES
Robby Gordon has acheived the virtually impossible. With his independent Team Dakar USA, he has beaten the might of several manufacturer teams to take third place overall in the 2009 Dakar rally.
- 2009-01-21 Hankook Tire sets sales records in fiscal 2008 amid current economic climate
Global sales increase of approximately 26% at KRW 4.07 trillion amidst the current economic conditions Profitable UHP tire sales increase of 35% year on year Hankook Tire targets global sales of KRW 4.3 trillion for 2009
- 2009-01-21 Pirelli Moto Takes Over in Dakar 2009: 1st and 2nd Overall with Scorpion Rally
Pirelli's new Scorpion Rally off-road tire proved to be the ideal weapon for the diversity of conditions for this epic challenge
- 2009-01-21 Goodyear, PASS Ink Five-Year Agreement
Goodyear Racing announced today that the tiremaker will be the exclusive tire provider for the Pro All Stars Series (PASS) North and South super late model stock car divisions.
- 2009-01-22 Bridgestone to open 1,500th Firestone store
Bridgestone Retail Operations LLC (BSRO) will open its 1,500th Firestone Complete Auto Care store this week in McHenry, Ill.
- 2009-01-22 Pirelli Inaugurates China "Tire Campus"
On 16 January Pirelli inaugurated its new Pirelli Tire Campus in Yanzhou, Shandong.
- 2009-01-22 Stalemate Continues at Apollo PTL Site
The lockout at PTL Enterprises Ltd in India appears to have reached a stalemate, with both parties sticking to their respective positions without compromise.
- 2009-01-22 Yokohama Rubber Plummets After Forecasting Net Loss
Yokohama Rubber Co., Japan’s third- largest tiremaker by market value, plummeted to the lowest in almost five years in Tokyo after it forecast a full-year loss yesterday on a plunge in demand from carmakers and a strong yen.
- 2009-01-23 Bridgestone Bandag Tire Solutions Offers New Products at UMA Motorcoach Expo 2009
Mileage Sales Group Offers New Tire Designs Imported from Europe in Booth 3301
- 2009-01-23 Bridgestone Americas Tire Operations Announcement Regarding LaVergne, Tenn., Tire Plant
Bridgestone Americas Tire Operations (BATO) today announced that it has made the difficult decision to cease passenger and light truck manufacturing at its LaVergne, Tenn., tire plant due to negative economic conditions, which continue to create a difficult business environment.
- 2009-01-23 18 New Toyo Sizes
Japanese manufacturer expands range in US market
- 2009-01-24 Sibur to Buy $600M of Amtel-Vredestein Debt
Dutch manufacturer postpones general meeting of shareholders
- 2009-01-24 Construction of Kumho US Plant to Start This Year
Following a delay attributed to the economic slowdown, construction work on Kumho Tire’s new factory in the US state of Georgia is tentatively set to begin before the end of 2009.
- 2009-01-25 Autosport International in Birmingham (UK, 9-11 JAN 09): OZ where there!
We would like to thank you all visitors, fans who came to visit our booth at the Autosport show, Birmingham.
- 2009-01-25 AutoZum in Salzburg (14.-17. January 2009): OZ was there!
We thank all the visitors and fans who came to visit us at our booth at the famous AutoZum in Salzburg.
- 2009-01-26 Bridgestone Experience "Difficult F1 Test"
Portimão weather hampers first 2009 group test
- 2009-01-26 Bridgestone Cuts Jobs
More workers at a Bridgestone tire plant in LaVergne, Tennessee are facing job cuts.
- 2009-01-26 Kumho Motorsport kicks off 2009 with a brace of outright rally victories
The Galway rally was a highly memorable one for Kumho as the outright winner and four of the first seven cars were shod with the company's competition tyres.
- 2009-01-26 Yokohama Truck Tyre a 'Nifty Fifty' Recipient
The Nifty Fifty awards are held each year by US based magazine Heavy Duty Trucking to showcase the editors’ favourite new products from the previous twelve months.
- 2009-01-27 Continental shares plunge on report
German tire and autoparts maker Continental AG said Monday that its financial situation was stable after a news report that it and majority shareholder Schaeffler Group KG were seeking euro1 billion ($1.3 billion) in state aid sent its shares tumbling.
- 2009-01-27 New Dayton D320 sport-touring tyre
A great all-round performer
- 2009-01-27 Robby Gordon and Toyo Tires® Win Overall at the 15th Annual SCORE Laughlin Desert Challenge
Robby Gordon piloted his Monster Energy/Toyo Tires Chevrolet Silverado trophy truck to an overall win during the 15th Annual SCORE Laughlin Desert Challenge in Laughlin, Nevada this weekend.
- 2009-01-27 Pirelli's New All-Rounder
Hugh Pace, chairman and CEO of Pirelli Tyre North America, introduced the latest tyre dedicated to the North American market; the Z-rated P Zero Nero All Season.
- 2009-01-28 Conti Tires OE On 2009 M-Class
Continental Tire has been named an original equipment supplier for the 2009 model Mercedes-Benz M-Class for U.S. fitment with an all-season tire, the 265/45 R20 108H XL Conti4X4Contact.
- 2009-01-28 Brembo, Marelli and Pirelli launch technology collaboration
Brembo, Magneti Marelli and Pirelli announced the start of cooperation in technology with the aim of developing leading edge solutions for the Italian and international automotive industry.
- 2009-01-28 Pirelli Geared Up For 2009 WRC
Italian manufacturer begins second year as exclusive tyre supplier
- 2009-01-28 Sibur Presses Ahead With Plan To Acquire Control of Amtel
Petrochemicals firm Sibur will proceed with its plan to acquire control of Russian-Dutch tire maker Amtel-Vredestein and plans to issue bonds as part of the deal, an executive said Friday.
- 2009-01-29 Kransoyarsk tyre plant’s debt may double
Ludmila Kashina, the head of the local chemical workers trade union, told ИА REGNUM-KNews that the debt of Kransoyarsk tyre plant before its workers may nearly double.
- 2009-01-29 Bogdan Corporation increases imports and looks into new markets
In 2008 Bogdan Corporation exported 1881 buses, which represents an increase of 20,81% over 2007 (1557 items). The biggest export markets last year were traditional Russia, Belorus and Georgia.
- 2009-01-29 OZ499: World premiere for the new OZ 499 wheel
Only 500 pieces for the new wheel born from the partnership between OZ and Carlesso
- 2009-01-29 OZ499: Countdown for the first sport-design collection
Result of the synergy between OZ – world leader in the field of light alloy wheels – and Carlesso, bike-industry company from northeastern Italy, OZ499 is a joint effort outcome on a research for new materials and technologies.
- 2009-01-29 Missing ‘Symbol’ Forces Recall
NHTSA announced this morning that Michelin North America is recalling some of its winter tires due to a missing DOT symbol.
- 2009-01-30 Hayes Lemmerz Amends Credit Agreement
NORTHVILLE, Mich., Jan. 29 /PRNewswire-FirstCall/ -- Hayes Lemmerz International, Inc. (Nasdaq: HAYZ) announced today that it has concluded an agreement with its lending group to amend its senior secured credit facility. The amendment favorably modifies the leverage ratio and interest coverage ratio covenants for the fourth quarter of fiscal 2008 and each quarter of fiscal 2009.
- 2009-01-30 Bridgestone, Conti & Others Fined for Hose Cartel Participation
Bridgestone, Continental, Trelleborg and at least two other companies have been fined a combined total of 131.51 million euros by the European Commission for their role in the price fixing and rigging bids for rubber marine hose.
- 2009-01-30 Enjoy enfren in a greater variety of sizes!
Hankook Tire showcase expanded size offering of fuel-efficient, environment-friendly tire, enfren
- 2009-01-31 Hankook Tire to showcase 3 new products and hold Japan Formula 3 sponsorship signing ceremony at Tokyo Auto Salon 2009
Hankook Tire, the seventh-largest and one of the fastest growing tire manufacturers in the world, has announced it will be taking part in Tokyo Auto Salon, the world’s largest automotive component and turning exhibition, to be held at Makuhari Messe in Tokyo during January 9~11.
- 2009-01-31 New Michelin XHA2 Designed to Deliver Durability and Traction
The new Michelin XHA2 loader tyre, introduced in early January at the Intermat trade show’s press days, has been designed to accomplish three goals: reduce hourly operating costs, ensure that work continues smoothly and safely, and improve operator working conditions.
- 2009-02-02 Goodyear Announces Fourth Quarter 2008 Earnings Release, Conference Call
The Goodyear Tire & Rubber Company will report fourth quarter 2008 financial results before markets open on Wednesday, February 18, to be followed by an investor conference call at 9 a.m.
- 2009-02-02 Michelin and Renault Truck cross the world together
Michelin has been selected by Renault Trucks as exclusive tyre supplier for the upcoming Cape-to-Cape rally.
- 2009-02-02 Dunlop to Supply New BMW UK Contest
M3 CSL Cup is added to Dunlop’s schedule for the 2009 Great and British Racing Festival
- 2009-02-02 The Car of the Year in Ukraine 2009 Award
OJSC Rosava congratulates the winner of the award "The Car of the Year in Ukraine 2009" - Skoda Superb and other prize takers, participating in the contest.
- 2009-02-02 Net Loss for Ceat in Last Quarter
India’s Ceat Ltd has reported a net loss for the quarter year to December 21, 2008. According to the tyre maker, losses for the period amounted to Rs 216.4 million (£3.1 million).
- 2009-02-03 Alcoa Continues in Forged Wheel Business
Aluminium giant refutes 'incorrect reports'
- 2009-02-03 The Michelin (R) Green X(R) Challenge Named for the 2009 American Le Mans Series
Rewarding Competitors Use of Alternative Fuels and Advanced Technologies in Racing
- 2009-02-03 BFGoodrich Tires Captures Ninth Dakar Victory
Competing with new BFGoodrich® All-Terrain tires, Volkswagen Race Touareg driver Giniel De Villiers scored the first Dakar win of his career last weekend in Buenos Aires.
- 2009-02-04 Kenda Supplying Iran’s Largest Carmaker
Kenda has reported the commencement of an OE agreement with Iran’s largest car producer, the Saipa group.
- 2009-02-04 Goodyear introduces Assurance Fuel Max tire
Goodyear Tire & Rubber Co. introduced its Assurance Fuel Max all-season tire at its 2009 Dealer Meeting in Washington, D.C., earlier this week.
- 2009-02-04 Goodyear unveils Wrangler MT/R with Kevlar
Goodyear Tire & Rubber Co.'s new Goodyear Wrangler MT/R with Kevlar is the company's first off-road tire built with DuPont Kevlar for enhanced sidewall puncture resistance.
- 2009-02-05 Turkey’s Brisa to Start Production Suspension
Brisa has announced to the stock exchange that it will suspend production in Turkey for a week starting on 5 February, 2009 following a slowdown in domestic and foreign demand.
- 2009-02-05 Pirelli Carlisle Employees Working 20% Less Until April
It appears that workers at Pirelli’s factory in Carlisle are facing a further reduction to their workload.
- 2009-02-05 2009 Formula 1 season: Renault will race with OZ wheels
The Italian Group joins ING Renault F1 Team as Official Supplier and confirms its important commitment to BMW-Sauber and Red Bull.
- 2009-02-05 Dakar Podium for Toyo-shod Independent Gordon
Robby Gordon achieved the impressive feat of taking his independent Team Dakar USA to the top of the Open category and third place overall in the 2009 Dakar Rally, beating off challenges from several manufacturer teams.
- 2009-02-06 Nokian Tyres criss-crosses Ukraine
The tyre maker looks for a place to locate its new plant
- 2009-02-06 Rosava asks Tymoshenko to protect it from Belarusian dumping
OJSC Rosava is initiating an anti-damping investigation into Byelorussian tyre imports. The company addressed the Ministers Cabinet and the Economics Ministry of Ukraine with the request to protect national tyre makers from the dumping imports.
- 2009-02-06 Michelin Energy Saver Sole OE on New Yaris 1.0
Future models of the Toyota Yaris 1.0 litre will be shipped with only one type of tyre – Michelin’s Energy Saver.
- 2009-02-06 Hankook targets $1 billion by 2011
Hankook Tire America Corp. intends to achieve $800 million in sales this year and wants to surpass the $1 billion mark by 2011, Greg Pae, the company's president, told tire dealers on Feb. 5, during a meeting in Los Cabos, Mexico.
- 2009-02-07 Cooper adds sizes to Zeon, other lines
Cooper Tire & Rubber Co. has added sizes to several of its tires, including the Zeon XST sport truck tire and Zeon LTZ light truck/SUV tire.
- 2009-02-09 Pirelli Takeover Rumours Cause Conti Shares to Rise
Shares in Continental AG rose 11 per cent on February 6 in response to circulating rumours that Pirelli & C SpA may wish to acquire the company’s tyre business – a move that, should it take place, would give the erstwhile competitors a comprehensive product portfolio.
- 2009-02-09 In 2009, Michelin will take on new challenges in motorcycle speedway racing
Michelin has announced its participation in three motorcycle speedway racing competitions in 2009.
- 2009-02-10 Toyo Tire to Cut Up to 1,600 Jobs
(Kyodo News International) Tiremaker Toyo Tire & Rubber Co. said Monday it will slash up to 1,600 jobs in Japan, including non-regular workers, as part of its restructuring plan to tackle faltering demand for its products.
- 2009-02-10 Bridgestone Australia Announces Temporary Plant Shutdown
Bridgestone Australia Ltd. has announced a temporary pause in production at its Salisbury manufacturing facility in South Australia.
- 2009-02-10 Apollo Tyres Launches New Alloy Wheel Range
Apollo Tyres has launched its new alloy wheel brand, Acelere Wheelz.
- 2009-02-11 Pirelli Recalling MC Tires
Pirelli Tire is recalling certain Metzeler ME880 Marathon motorcycle tyres, sizes 13/90B6 M/C TL 73H and 140/90B16 M/C TL 77H.
- 2009-02-10 Toyo Tire & Rubber Co., Ltd. announces Q3 results
Toyo Tire & Rubber Co., Ltd. (President and CEO: Kenji Nakakura) has announced its consolidated business results for the first three quarters of FY 2008 (from April 1, 2008 to December 31, 2008).
- 2009-02-11 New Goodyear Tire Contributes to Efficiency of Chevrolet Volt
With uncertainty around fluctuating fuel prices, The [[Goodyear]] Tire & Rubber Company offers tire technology that helps provide drivers with an opportunity to save at the pump -- or, in the case of the 2011 Chevrolet Volt -- added driving efficiency even before they get to a gas pump.
- 2009-02-11 New Pirelli Sottozero tyre debuts in Rally Norway
New studded tyre in 15" diameter reduces costs for teams. Specialist winter tyre rims no longer needed.
- 2009-02-11 New BFGoodrich g-Grip
The new g-Grip is the latest addition to the BFGoodrich car tyre range and has been designed for fitment to hatchbacks, saloons and MPVs.
- 2009-02-11 US Goodyear Plant Gets Help, Another Faces Sharp Cuts
Fayetteville facility to receive $1 million from city; Danville plant to "restructure," says Goodyear
- 2009-02-12 Pirelli not Interested in Continental – Tronchetti Provera
According to news published by Reuters, Pirelli & C SpA is not interested in acquiring the tyre business of Continental AG.
- 2009-02-12 Bridgestone Brand Ecopia EP100 Debuts at Chicago Auto Show
Ecopia tire line responds to consumers’ desire to be kind to the environment
- 2009-02-12 2008 Drifting World Champion Rhys Millen Joins Team Toyo® Will compete on extreme performance Toyo Proxes R1R
Toyo Tire U.S.A. Corp. announced today that Drifting World Champion Rhys Millen is the newest member of Team Toyo.
- 2009-02-12 Earnings Down Sharply at Yokohama Rubber in First Nine Months of Fiscal Year
Operating income declines 44% on flat sales
- 2009-02-13 Michelin plans comprehensive display at Internat 2009
Michelin is unveiling no fewer than four new products for machinery used on construction and infrastructure worksites, comprising both all-new tyres and new sizes in existing tyre ranges, at the forthcoming Intermat 2009 trade show being held in France between April 20 - 25.
- 2009-02-13 Apollo to Lay Off 1,500
The downturn in the automotive industry has seen Apollo Tyre’s OEM demand drop 43 percent in terms of value during the last financial quarter,
- 2009-02-13 Mickey Thompson Performance Tires & Wheels Introduces The Sportsman S/T Radial, The New All-Season Performance Radial For Muscle Cars
The Mickey Thompson Sportsman S/T has been designed specifically for muscle car owners who want exceptional quality, high performance handling, and impressive styling.
- 2009-02-13 Mickey Thompson Performance Tires & Wheels Introduces The Sportsman S/T Radial, The New All-Season Performance Radial For Muscle Cars
The Mickey Thompson Sportsman S/T has been designed specifically for muscle car owners who want exceptional quality, high performance handling, and impressive styling.
- 2009-02-14 The tyre industry is suffering the crisis
The world financial crisis has both directly and indirectly influenced all manufacturers, tyre manufacturers in particular.
- 2009-02-14 European, American Tyre Markets Softer in December - Michelin
Figures released by Michelin have confirmed what we already knew – these are not happy times for the tyre industry.
- 2009-02-16 December tyre output in Ukraine decreased by 49,8%
The tyre output in December 2008 decreased by 40,8% or 210000 items versus December 2007 and amounted at 305300 items.
- 2009-02-15 "Dneproshina" appoints new Director General
The shareholders’ council of the second largest tyremaker in Ukraine "Dneproshina" has appointed Mr. Roman Naumenko the new Director General.
- 2009-02-15 Kremenchuk carbon black plant net profit up 6,4 mln. hryvnias
Kremenchuk carbon black plant (Poltava region of Ukraine) ended 2008 with a net profit of 6,373 mln, hryvnias.
- 2009-02-16 Nokian Tyres’ Kazakhstan JV on Hold
Amongst the announcements made upon the public release of the Nokian Tyres 2008 financial statement is news that the company’s joint venture in Kazakhstan has been put on hold.
- 2009-02-16 Federal Confirm OE Deal with Chinese Auto Makers
Federal Corporation has announced the commencement of three OE fitments.
- 2009-02-16 Michelin Net Income Falls 53.8%
Capital expenditure cut to around 700 million euros
- 2009-02-16 Nikolai Setzer takes over as temporary head of Continental's tyre division
On 1st March 2009 Nikolai Setzer will take over temporary management of the Car Tyre Division, in addition to the position he already holds as head of the Replacement Business Car and Light Truck Tyre Division Europe and Africa.
- 2009-02-17 Bridgestone Americas Addresses Decrease In Demand For Small And Medium Size Off Road Tires
Bridgestone Americas Tire Operations (BATO) today announced that it will lay off 67 hourly teammates from its Bloomington, Ill., facility, effective March 1.
- 2009-02-17 Bridgestone Successfully Protects Brand and Trademark Rights
Bridgestone Corporation today announced the successful results of a trademark infringement complaint against Chinese manufacturers that attempted to infringe on the good will established by certain Bridgestone intellectual property.
- 2009-02-17 Bridgestone Won’t Colour MotoGP Compounds
Though its different compounds in Formula One were coloured last season to generate interest among spectators, Bridgestone told motorsport news sources that it has no plans to incorporate a similar scheme into its tyres for the new MotoGP season, of which it is the sole tyre supplier.
- 2009-02-17 Loeb Claims 49th Career Win on Pirelli’s New Sottozero
He’s one away from the 'big five-oh'…
- 2009-02-18 Firestone launches new-generation Performer 85 agricultural radial tyre
Improved standard-series performance, in the field and on the road.
- 2009-02-18 Michelin Energy Saver Sole OE on New Toyota Yaris 1.0 VVT-i
Michelin Energy Saver tyres will be exclusively fitted to future models of the Toyota Yaris 1.0 VVT-i.
- 2009-02-18 Cooper Tire, Kenda Rubber End Marketing and Distribution Arrangement
COOPER TIRE & RUBBER COMPANY and American Kenda Rubber Industrial Co. will be ending their marketing and distribution arrangement.
- 2009-02-18 Goodyear Reports Fourth Quarter and Full Year 2008 Results
The Goodyear Tire & Rubber Company today reported fourth quarter and full year 2008 results and detailed actions to address market challenges in a much weaker economy.
- 2009-02-19 Continental to equip the new Ford Focus RS with sports tyres
The new Ford Focus RS comes with ContiSportContact 3 tyres.
- 2009-02-19 Six new tires leads aggressive push by Falken
Falken Tire Corp. plans to be very aggressive in the marketplace in 2009 and beyond, with six new tires in the works, according to company officials.
- 2009-02-19 Temporary plant shutdowns in Europe
Bridgestone Europe announces that there will be further temporary plant shutdowns in Europe.
- 2009-02-19 Continental AG Posts 08 Net Loss; Expects 09 Profit
Auto supplier and tire maker Continental AG Thursday said it swung to a net loss in 2008 due to a hefty impairment charge and the steep drop in demand, but said without impairment it should post positive earnings in 2009 despite deteriorating demand.
- 2009-02-20 CTNA promotes its 'best winter tire to date'
Continental Tire North America Inc. (CTNA) put its new Continental ExtremeWinterContact winter tire through the paces earlier this week during a ride-and-drive event near Big Sky, Montana.
- 2009-02-20 Michelin German Plant Starts Short Time Work
Michelin has reportedly reduced working hours at its Homburg, Germany tyre production plant.
- 2009-02-20 Goodyear’s Danville Plant to Lose 400 Staff
Virginia facility the first to receive cuts following 5,000 job-cut pledge
- 2009-02-21 Cooper’s Melksham Plant Halts Production for a Week
Cooper Tire Europe has suspended production at its Melksham, UK production plant.
- 2009-02-20 Kumho’s 4x4 Range Benefiting From Rally Raid Involvement
Although the event Kumho’s 18-inch Rally Raid tyre was developed for – the 2008 Lisbon-Dakar Rally – was ultimately cancelled, the tyre has since achieved success in a number of other competitive domains.
- 2009-02-20 Kremenchug Wheel Plant Appoints Mr. Kovalenko and Mr. Kozlov as Board Members instead of Mr. Gavrylenko
The directors’ board of the sole Ukrainian cold-formed steel wheels maker JSC Kremenchug Wheel Plant (Poltava region) relieved Mr. Vicor Gavrilenko of his duties on the post of the board’s member on February, 16, appointing new members – Vladimir Kovalenko and Vladimir Kozlov.
- 2009-02-18 Kremenchug Wheel Plant Halts Production till March, 16
The sole Ukrainian cold-formed steel wheels maker JSC Kremenchug Wheel Plant (Poltava region) suspended production for the period between February, 12 and March, 16.
- 2009-02-21 Dniprogas Cuts Dneproshina off Gas Supply
On February, 17 the gas-supply company Dniprogas cut the second biggest tyre-maker Dneproshina (Dnipropetrovsk) off gas supply, due to absence of limits on gas supply.
- 2009-02-21 Increasing significance of harbour and mining tyre production
The decline in machinery manufacture and transportation is also reflected in Nokian Heavy Tyres’ business.
- 2009-02-23 General winter tire line will offer LT sizes
Continental Tire North America Inc. (CTNA) will introduce LT-metric sizes to its General Altimax Arctic winter tire this year.
- 2009-02-23 Bridgestone's profit plunges 92%
Bridgestone Corp reported a 92% plunge in annual profit on Thursday as global demand for tires dropped sharply, and forecast even more dismal earnings for the coming year.
- 2009-02-23 Tire fuel efficiency rating system could be in place by end of '09
A spokesman for the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration (NHTSA) has confirmed that the agency is developing test criteria to gauge passenger and light truck tire fuel efficiency.
- 2009-02-24 Matador’s MP 85 Hectorra Delivers Strong On-Road Performance
The key product in Matador’s 4x4 range continues to be the MP 85 Hectorra.
- 2009-02-24 Chinese Tyre Brands Target UK Buyers at Brityrex09
September’s exhibition a gateway to the British market
- 2009-02-24 Goodyear Offers Versatile New Option for Working Trucks
The Goodyear Tire & Rubber Company today introduced the Wrangler DuraTrac, the latest addition to the Wrangler lineup of truck tires.
- 2009-02-24 New sizes of the Nokian Forest Rider
Special tyres for heavy tractors and demanding forestry work.
- 2009-02-25 Russian Car Tyre Output Decreases by 77,5% in January
Compared with January 2008, the car tyre output in Russia has decreased by 77,5% to 461000 items.
- 2009-02-25 Schaeffler Willing to Sell Up to Save Company
Automotive supplier agrees co-determination deal with main union
- 2009-02-25 Kumho continues its dominance of the Formula 3 tyre market
Kumho Tires’ position as the official tyre supplier to the Formula 3 Euro Series has been extended to 2011.
- 2009-02-25 Home on the Ranger
Avon’s 4x4 Line-Up Covers a Gamut of Driving Conditions
- 2009-02-26 Green Lines to F1 Tires, Circles of Greener Motoring for the World
Bridgestone Corporation today announced that as the official tire supplier of the Fоrmula One (F1) World Championship it will supply MAKE CARS GREEN TYRES to all teams at every race this season.
- 2009-02-26 Continental wins 'Auto Zeitung' tyre test and is voted readers' favourite
Voted the top brand for 2008 and No. 1 in the summer tyre test
- 2009-02-26 East Europe Plans Affected by Apollo Capex Reduction
According to Apollo Tyres vice-chairman and joint managing director Neeraj Kanwar, the company has reduced its capital expenditure plans for the next two years from Rs 30 billion (£414 million) to Rs10.5 billion (£145 million) due to the global economic slowdown.
- 2009-02-26 Greater Latitude
Michelin’s new Latitude Cross offers mainstream 4x4 users the chance to flex their vehicles’ off-road muscles
- 2009-02-27 A Conti 4x4 Tyre for Every Customer
Given the wide assortment of 4x4 tyres on the market, how can a dealer best advise the customer to make sure they are satisfied with their choice of tyre?
- 2009-02-27 Cooper Tire Company Reports Fourth Quarter Results
Cooper Tire & Rubber Company today reported a net loss of $143 million, or $2.43 per share, for the quarter ended Dec. 31, 2008.
- 2009-02-27 Michelin rolls out BFG performance tire
- 2009-02-28 Michelin Tyres Highly Recommended in European Test
Michelin reports its Energy Saver and Primacy HP tyres recently walked away with a "highly recommendable" rating in testing by the German motorist’s association ADAC and its Austrian and Swiss counterparts.
- 2009-02-28 Toyo Tires® Rolls Out Two New Sizes of M154™ for Commercial Trucks Showcases Product Line at Work Truck Show in Chicago
Toyo Tire U.S.A. Corp. has rolled out two new sizes of its popular Toyo® M154™ ultra-premium, regional highway commercial tire.
- 2009-02-28 Uniroyal’s Rallye4x4 Street Makes a Splash
Uniroyal has built up something of a reputation for delivering good wet weather performance, and its Rallye4x4Street is said to be no exception.
- 2009-03-01 Rosava Reaches Tentative Agreement with Belshina
CJSC Rosava has reached a tentative agreement with Belarusian tyre-maker "Belshina" on voluntary restrictions in tyre exports to Ukraine.
- 2009-03-01 An Aginst-Crisis Recipe from K&K: Efficient Operation
On February, 19 a meeting was held between "K&K" Ltd. and the biggest car-maker Gеneral Motors.
- 2009-03-02 Cooper Tire "Take the Money and Ride" Rebate to Re-Launch in March
Overwhelming response to fall promotion results in quick turnaround, expanded product lineup
- 2009-03-02 Kumho products enjoy rave reviews from leading German magazines
The Kumho ECSTA HM KH31 & Kumho's Road Venture MT KL71 Kumho products have fared excellently in the latest tyre test carried out by leading German magazine Auto Zeitung and won a major award from another respected German publication - Off Road.
- 2009-03-02 Yokohama to Launch New Eco-Tyre at Geneva Show
Yokohama Rubber plans to hold the European launch of its new 'dB super E-spec' at the Geneva Motor Show, which gets underway on March 3.
- 2009-03-03 The Michelin guide France celebrates its 100th edition in 2009
This year, the Michelin guide France is celebrating its centennial. Introduced in 1900, the guide was not published during the two World Wars or in 1921.
- 2009-03-03 Bridgestone Introduces the Third Generation of Run-flat Tires
Bridgestone Corporation today announced it has successfully developed new technologies and related it's practical applications that improve the riding comfort of run-flat tires* Bridgestone will begin marketing this "third generation" of run-flat tires in 2009, focusing on sales to original equipment manufacturers for installation in new passenger vehicles.
- 2009-03-03 Toyo Tires Adds New Sizes
Toyo Tire U.S.A. Corp. has added nine new sizes to their full line of passenger car, light truck and SUV tire products since November.
- 2009-03-04 Continental increases its OE market share in Europe
Tire manufacturer Continental increased its share in the European original equipment market to over 32% last year.
- 2009-03-04 ContiWinterContact TS 830 P to arrive next autumn
With the ContiWinterContact TS 830 P, Continental launches another model of winter tires compatible with electronic driver assistance systems.
- 2009-03-04 Brisa & Pirelli Production Resumes in Turkey
Production is one more underway at the Brisa/Bridgestone and Pirelli factories in Turkey.
- 2009-03-04 Geneva Motor Show: Pirelli Tyres Fit Ichange, the First "Green" Supercar in Automobile History
The Italian Group named Best Tyre Manufacturer 2008 at the Tire Technology Expo for its commitment to research and development of ecological solutions for the automobile industry
- 2009-03-05 Toyo Adds Nine New Sizes
Toyo Tire USA has added nine new sizes to its passenger and light truck/SUV tires lines.
- 2009-03-05 Lassa Competes With Competus Range
Lassa’s 4x4 offering focuses on its Competus range of on/off road four-wheel drive radials.
- 2009-03-05 Kumho creates unique eco tyres for Nissan Qazana's Geneva Show debut
Kumho is responsible for the unique, ultra low rolling resistance tyres fitted to the Nissan Qazana concept being debuted at this week's Geneva Motor Show.
- 2009-03-05 Electric shape-changer: a sports car or a sports van?
Rinspeed iChange – forward-looking ideas on AEZ wheels
- 2009-03-07 Kumho Official Series Tire
Kumho has been named the official tire of the new Traxxas Off Road Championship (TORC) Series.
- 2009-03-06 Bridgestone Americas Tire Operations Nets Three Best Buys In Recent Consumers Digest Tire Ratings
Bridgestone Americas Tire Operations (BATO) earned three "Best Buys" ratings from Consumers Digest in the recent tire evaluation conducted by the magazine.
- 2009-03-07 Bridgestone’s fuel efficient Turanza ER300 Ecopia
"Ecopia" assures low fuel consumption and CO2 output
Bridgestone showcases its premium Turanza ER300 grand touring tyre with the "Ecopia" name, signifying the tyre’s fuel efficiency.
- 2009-03-06 Kumho to Finalise Tyre Choice for Macon, USA Plant by June
Kumho says it will make a decision by June on the type of tyres its planned facility in Macon, USA will produce.
- 2009-03-07 Uniroyal's RainExpert Delivers Improved Safety & Wear
Over the years, Uniroyal has developed a strength in the area of wet weather tyres, so it is hardly then surprising that its latest product has been named the RainExpert.
- 2009-03-10 Federal Improves Gas Mileage With Xtramile XR01
Federal Tire is introducing its low rolling resistance Xtramile XR01 for touring vehicle applications.
- 2009-03-10 Hankook Tire Shines with German Automotive Tire Tests
Hankook Tire Continues To Outperform the Competition
Once again Hankook Tire’s technology and excellence for their ultra high performance tires have received the highest recommendation in comprehensive summer tire tests in Europe.
- 2009-03-10 Hankook Debuts in Le Mans Series
During the last few years Hankook has steadily increased its involvement in the European racing calendar, and the Korean manufacturer added the 2009 Le Mans Series and 24 Hours of Le Mans to the list of events in which it participates.
- 2009-03-11 Statutory negotations at Nokian Heavy Tyres ended
The statutory negotiations at Nokian Heavy Tyres Ltd ended on March 9, 2009. The results of the negotiations were to cut personnel by 4 office employees and 29 factory employees.
- 2009-03-11 Formula Two Relaunches on Avon Tyres
Avon Tyres has been unveiled as the official tyre supplier for the FIA Fоrmula Two Championship, which re-launches in 2009 after a 25-year absence from motorsport.
- 2009-03-11 Clearway Distribution Trials Michelin Fitment
Nottinghamshire-based Clearway Distribution, a founder member of the Palletline network, is reportedly trial switching from Bridgestone to a Michelin tyre policy across its fleet of 42 commercial vehicles and 80 trailers.
- 2009-03-11 Continental will close two plants
Continental AG will close two plants due to "a huge slump in original equipment sale and sluggish replacement business," say company officials.
- 2009-03-12 Hankook adds sizes to winter LT/SUV tire
Hankook Tire America Corp. is adding 26 sizes to its I*Pike RW11 winter tire, which more than doubles the tire's complete size offering.
- 2009-03-12 Analysts Upgrade Goodyear and Cooper Shares
Goodyear Tire & Rubber Co. and Cooper Tire & Rubber Co., both experienced gains in their share prices after analysts raised their ratings for the two firms’ stock.
- 2009-03-12 Conti Launches Next Tyre in Extreme Series
First introduced at the 2008 SEMA show, Continental Tire North America is now launching its ExtremeContact DW at a ride-and-drive event in sunny California.
- 2009-03-13 Vredestein presents the Ultrac Cento: A safe and eco-friendly high performance tyre
Ultrac Cento: A new chapter in the partnership with top designer Giugiaro
- 2009-03-13 TOYO Tires Original Equipment on new Mazda 3
TOYO Tire Europe GmbH.is proud to announce that TOYO TIRES have been selected by Mazda as tire supplier for their new Mazda 3, which is currently being presented at the Geneva International Motor show.
- 2009-03-14 New Bridgestone Potenza uses F1 Stealth Technology
Bridgestone Americas Tire Operations (BATO) has introduced a new performance tire, the Bridgestone Potenza RE-11, which incorporates the company's proprietary Stealth Technology, originally developed for Formula One rain tires.
- 2009-03-14 Fortune magazine honors Goodyear
Goodyear Tire & Rubber Co. has been recognized as one of the most admired companies in the world by Fortune magazine.
- 2009-03-14 Sibur Halts Amtel-Vredestein Debt Deal
Sibur has suspended talks with the creditors of Amtel-Vredestein after Sberbank (which is Russia's largest bank and responsible for 20 per cent of its debts) failed to decide whether or not to participate in the debt restructuring negotiations.
- 2009-03-16 Apollo Presents New Corporate Identification
For more than 30 years, the Apollo Tyres brand has been depicted across thousands of tyre stores, various communication media and on our tyres, in a certain way. The red disc logo depicting the unending road and the manner in which "Apollo Tyres" was written.
- 2009-03-16 Loeb takes his 50th win with pirelli
Citroen driver Sebastien Loeb has once more underlined his place in the record books by claiming a historic 50th career victory on the Rally Cyprus, running on Pirelli tyres. Loeb is now 20 victories clear of the previous record-holder, Marcus Gronholm (30 wins), and 24 victories ahead of the third-placed driver in the all-time rankings, Carlos Sainz (26 wins).
- 2009-03-16 Cooper: New Zeon CS6 Offers 12% longer tread life
Cooper Tire has launched a new ultra-high performance tyre which, the company claims, offers all the performance of the Zeon range, but with the addition of much improved tread life. The new Cooper Zeon CS6 replaces the Cooper Zeon XTC V and W-rated sizes.
- 2009-03-16 Continental: EU safety package provides greater protection for all road users
ESC for all passenger cars and light commercial vehicles, driver assistance systems for trucks and tire pressure monitoring systems for cars will become mandatory. [[Continental]], the international automotive supplier, welcomes the decision by European legislators to prescribe a whole range of safety systems as mandatory for all new vehicles in the next few years.
- 2009-03-16 New Touring Tire from Giti Tire
Giti Tire USA has introduced the Champiro 228, a "performance touring" line of 15 H- and V-rated sizes.
- 2009-03-17 Fast Car Hails ContiSportContact 3 Best Tyre For Safety
Fast Car magazine has awarded Continental’s ContiSportContact 3 a top prize in its Best for Safety category. The Fast Car Awards purport to celebrate "the best of the best in the tuning industry".
- 2009-03-17 Toyo introduces Extensa all-season tire
Toyo Tire U.S.A. Corp. has introduced a new all-season tire for passenger cars and minivans, the Extensa A/S. The Extensa A/S contains Toyo's Tmode Technology and is available in 19 sizes, ranging from 13 inches to 17 inches in wheel diameter.
- 2009-03-17 Goodyear Proposes Temporary Wolverhampton Layoffs
Local news source The Express and Star has reported that Goodyear has proposed a series of temporary lay-offs to around 300 staff in Wolverhampton.
- 2009-03-18 Toyo tires leads championships in solo and off-road
Drivers competing on Toyo tires had great results in motorsports this past weekend, with 2008 SCCA Solo National Champion (Street Touring S class) Tim Smith scoring a win in Atlanta, Georgia.
- 2009-03-18 Yokohama USA to Introduce Eco-Friendly GT3 Tyre
Yokohama has announced that it will introduce a series-wide environmentally-friendly race tyre in the GT3 Challenge.
- 2009-03-19 Board approves Apollo’s share buyback proposal
At a price not exceeding Rs 25 per share
- 2009-03-19 Federal 595 UHP Tyre
Previously known as the SS595 (not known simply as the 595), Federal’s flagship UHP tyre offers great performance and looks in a value-for-money package. Its features include:
- 2009-03-20 Michelin India Launches Primacy LC
With a view to increase its market share in the high-performance tyre segment, Michelin today launched its new product for the Indian market.
- 2009-03-21 Michelin To Raffle Set Of X One® XDN®2 Tires At 2009 Mid-America Trucking Show
Winner to receive four new MICHELIN X One tires with new Alcoa aluminum rims
- 2009-03-20 BBTS shows off SmartWay tires at show
Bridgestone Bandag Tire Solutions (BBTS) is displaying truck tires that have been certified by the U.S. Environmental Protection Agency's (EPA) SmartWay program at this week's Mid-America Trucking Show in Louisville, Ky.
- 2009-03-21 Michelin Presents Millionth Energy Saver to PSA Peugeot Citroën
The Auto Channel reports that on Monday 9 March, 2009, Michelin presented PSA Peugeot Citroën with the millionth Michelin Energy Saver tyre, reaffirming the strategic partnership between the two groups. The Energy Saver made its debut exclusively on the Peugeot 308 in 2007.
- 2009-03-20 2010 British International Motor Show Cancelled
SMMT: Economic crisis creates "level of uncertainty that deters manufacturers from committing to large-scale, international events"
- 2009-03-20 Continental introduces five truck tires in Louisville
Continental Tire North America Inc. made a big splash during the Mid-America Trucking Show's opening day activities.
- 2009-03-21 SUBUR Quits From the Amtel-Vredestein N.V. Creditor Debt Repurchase Deal
SIBUR quits from the deal and has suspended negotiations with the creditor banks of Amtel-Vredestein N.V. Group as Sberbank OJSC has not made its decision on whether it would take part in restructuring of the tyre holding.
- 2009-03-23 Fast And Furious Toyo
Vin Diesel is back and he's driving on TOYO TIRES. In the publicity launch for the next episode of the Fast & Furious franchise, the TOYO TIRES promo truck will be touring tuning shows it its new Fast & Furious livery. The film opens at theatres in Europe on April 3.
- 2009-03-23 Citrus oil tires perform well at Sebring
When the Patrón GT3 Challenge by Yokohama kicked off last week in Sebring, Fla., each Porsche 911 race car was outfitted with Yokohama Advan ENV-R1 orange oil-infused race tires.
- 2009-03-23 Audi, Corvette Claim Victories In Inaugural Michelin® Green X® Challenge At Sebring
Proving their race cars to be both faster and greener than the competition, Audi and Corvette scored the prototype and GT race wins respectively while winning the first MICHELIN® Green X® Challenge awards at the Twelve Hours of Sebring, the opening event of the 2009 American Le Mans Series season.
- 2009-03-23 Bridgestone Previews the Australian Grand Prix
The 2009 season of Formula One looks set to usher in a new era for the sport, with rule changes aplenty, a newly-formed and perhaps, dare we say, competitive team for perennial underachiever Jensen Button and – most interestingly in this writer’s opinion – the return of slick tyres from Bridgestone’s Potenza brand for the first time in over eleven years.
- 2009-03-23 OZ Releases Range for Tuning Newcomers
A new entry-level range from OZ is catering for newcomers to the tuning scene that don’t want to look like beginners. Called the X-Line, the rim line-up is, says OZ, intended for those wanting a "taste of tuning", and the manufacturer reports buyers will be "rewarded with real OZ rims at an entry-level price."
- 2009-03-24 The Camaro is back and better than ever!
2010 Camaro Revealed !
Without a doubt the new Camaro will be the car everbody has been waiting for. This car should bring back character and excitement back the Chevrolet line.
- 2009-03-24 Michelin Introduces Power One
The full range of Michelin's technological expertise in a motorcycle tire
From its architecture to its tread design, every component of the new MICHELIN® Power One™ represents the state-of-the-art in high-performance motorcycle tires.
- 2009-03-24 Kansas will help Goodyear Tire in Topeka
Kansas and Goodyear Tire & Rubber Co. have struck a deal on $14.2 million in incentives to retain jobs at the company’s Topeka plant.
- 2009-03-24 Hungarian Manufacturers Scale Back Production
Tyre manufacturers in Hungary are reducing production due to a drop in demand, reports the business daily Világgazdaság. Hankook Tyre’s facility in Dunaújváros is operating at about 90 per cent capacity in the first half of the year, managing director Lee Sang Il informed the paper.
- 2009-03-24 CTNA launches truck fuel efficiency contest
Continental Tire North America Inc.'s (CTNA) new "Beat the Best" contest, which runs through May 15, promotes fuel efficiency.
- 2009-03-25 Michelin Releases Main Cities of Europe Guide
The Michelin guide Main Cities of Europe 2009 went on sale on Wednesday 18 March, priced at £14.99 (?19.99 in Ireland). This 28th edition covers 43 cities in 20 countries, of which two are included for the first time (Florence and Turin).
- 2009-03-25 Wheels India and MRF Supply Nano Wheels and Tyres to Tata
Wheels India, part of the TVS group companies, and leading Indian tyre maker, MRF, are supplying the original equipment wheels and tyres for Tata Motors’ pint-sized ultra-mini the Nano.
- 2009-03-25 Toyo tires dominates SCCA Street Touring
Racers competing on Toyo Tires had big success on both coasts this past weekend. During Round 2 of the SCCA’s 2009 Solo National Tour in San Diego, California, Team Toyo’s Ken Motonishi scored a decisive victory in the Street Touring (ST) class over a field of 18 cars while running on Toyo Proxes R1R extreme performance tires.
- 2009-03-25 Kumho Opens First Vietnam ‘Tire Pro’ Centre
On March 12, Kumho Tires announced the planned launch of its specialist 'Tire Pro' retail store in Vietnam’s Ho Chi Minh City, a country the South Korean manufacturer identifies as one that is "emerging as a promising market."
- 2009-03-25 Goodyear rolls out regional drive tire
Goodyear Tire & Rubber Co. has introduced a new regional drive tire, the G622 RSD.
The G622 RSD is intended to provide even wear and high traction for multiple regional applications, according to Goodyear officials.
- 2009-03-26 Wide Single Truck Tyres 6-10% More Efficient – US Study
Four-year testing highlights benefit over dual tyres
Michelin North America has reported on a 383-page report made available in mid-March the US Department of Energy's Oak Ridge National Laboratory.
- 2009-03-26 Conti Workers Protest Clairoix Plant Closure in Paris
Hundreds of France based Continental employees took to the streets of Paris on March 25 to protest the planned closure of the company’s Clairoix factory. The demonstrators burnt tyres and chanted slogans as they made their way to the Elysée Palace, official residence of the French president.
- 2009-03-26 SIBUR to Launch a Pioneer Product in Russia
Krasnoyarsk Synthetic Rubber Plant forming part of SIBUR Holding JSC has become the first to launch the production of butadiene-nitrile rubber powder (BNRP) in Russia.
- 2009-03-26 Bridgestone Americas Tire Operations Celebrates Grand Opening of Jacksonville, Fla., Distribution Center
Site connects distribution network that strategically covers North America
Bridgestone Americas Tire Operations (BATO) is celebrating the grand opening of its newest state-of-the-art tire distribution center in Jacksonville, Fla.
- 2009-03-27 Goodyear Dunlop Performs Well in ADAC Tests
German automobile association recommends Goodyear OptiGrip in wet on first appearance in tests
Goodyear Dunlop has reported that its portfolio has performed well in the ADAC 2009 summer tyre test, following the publishing of the results by the German Automobile Association.
- 2009-03-27 "To hit the impassibility with motor rally on SQ Aqualine tyres" promotional event runs in Bila Tserkva
A promotional event "To hit the impassibility with motor rally on SQ Aqualine tyres" broke out in Bila Tserkva (Kyiv region). The first prize-taker Serhiy V. received the prize certificate for a set of SQ Aqualine tyres.
- 2009-03-27 Rosava’s net loss increased 11 times in 2008
CJSC "Rosava" (Bila Tserkva, Kyiv region), the biggest Ukrainian tyre maker, showed $52.8291 mln (UAH 406,784 mln.) net loss, which is 10,65 times more than in 2007.
- 2009-03-28 Bridgestone tops new German summer tyre tests
Turanza ER300 test winner with Autobild and Auto Motor Sport and scores top rating with ADAC Motorwelt
Continuing the consistent run of top ratings in previous years, Bridgestone tyres again come out on top in the 2009 summer-tyre tests conducted by the German motoring press.
- 2009-03-28 Bridgestone-brand Potenza™ Tires Are Standard Equipment On 2010 Hyundai Genesis Coupe
Drivers seeking a new beginning need look no further than the purpose-built, rear-wheel drive Hyundai Genesis Coupe which will be equipped with Bridgestone- brand performance tires.
- 2009-03-11 Michelin Power One: New hypersport tyre
From its architecture to its tread design, every component of the new Michelin Power One represents the state of the art in high-performance motorcycle tyres.
- 2009-03-30 CTNA opens new North American HQ
Continental Tire North America Inc. (CTNA) opened its new North American headquarters in Lancaster, S.C., on March 26 with a ribbon-cutting by company CEO Matthias Schoenberg.
- 2009-03-30 Rolf Koerfer Elected Chairman of the Supervisory Board of Continental AG
The Supervisory Board of Continental AG, Hanover, unanimously elected the lawyer Rolf Koerfer as its new chairman at an extraordinary meeting on Friday in Hanover. The 51-year-old thus succeeds Dr. Hubertus von Grünberg, who resigned on March 6.
- 2009-03-30 Brawn GP take dramatic one-two victory in Melbourne
Race winner Jenson Button (GBR) Brawn Grand Prix celebrates on the podium. Formula One World Championship, Rd 1, Australian Grand Prix, Race, Albert Park, Melbourne, Australia, Sunday, 29 March 2009 Jarno Trulli (ITA) Toyota, Rubens Barrichello (BRA) Brawn Grand Prix, Ross Brawn (GBR) Brawn Grand Prix Team Principal and Jenson Button (GBR) Brawn Grand Prix on the podium.
- 2009-03-30 Yokohama Withdraws from Aircraft Tyre Business
Yokohama Rubber has been manufactured and sold aircraft tyres, both new and retreaded, to the Japanese military and to Japanese domestic airlines since 1940, however the company has now decided to withdraw from this business.
- 2009-03-31 OZ as partner BMW at Superbike race
OZ WHEELS FROM FORMULA 1 TO SUPERBIKES
BMW MOTORRAD MOTORSPORT chooses S 1000 RR wheels by OZ for its much-anticipated debut in the premiere category of modified production bikes.
- 2009-03-31 PIRELLI P ZEROS SHINE DURING GRAND-AM ROLEX SPORTS CAR SERIES SPRING TESTS AT HOMESTEAD-MIAMI SPEEDWAY
Grand-Am Rolex Sports Car Series teams are getting back into their racing rhythm this week, successfully testing Pirelli's P Zero Racing Slicks during a special two-day practice session at Homestead-Miami Speedway.
- 2009-03-31 Firestone Racing Introduces Alternate Tires To IndyCar Series
In order to increase on-track overtaking opportunities, making IndyCar Series street- and road-course races even more exciting for fans to watch, Firestone Racing is introducing the alternate tire concept to all seven of these events on the 2009 IndyCar Series schedule.
- 2009-03-31 Goodyear unveils airplane tire
Goodyear Tire & Rubber Co. has rolled out the Flight Eagle(R) LT tire for entry level, very light and light jets.
- 2009-04-01 MAK to Show Complete 2009 Wheel Range
MAK S.p.A. reports that the wheel production company is to show a wide range of new and existing products at Autopromotec 2009. First of all, the Brescia-based Italian producer will exhibit the brand-new MAK Mistral, the first directional wheel the company has launched on the market.
- 2009-04-01 Michelin Preparing for 24 Hours of Le Mans
The pre-race trials held on March 31 and April 1 for the 24 Hours of Le Mans will enable the Michelin Power Research Team to continue preparing for the celebrated motorcycle race and choose the correct tyres for its race entry.
- 2009-04-02 "DEZENT" in price – quality from Germany
Characterised by a great diversity in design,suited for a wide range of vehicles and offered at a highly attractive price, DEZENT is the successful all-round brand in the ALCAR's product range.
- 2009-04-02 Federal 595RS-R the tyre of choice for Superlap 2009 Clubsprint Class Champion!
Experienced motorsports enthusiast and competitor Jeramiah Thomas already has a string of wins under his belt from past race events. Competing at mostly club level Jeremiah has tested many brands and types of semi-slick motorsport tyres.
- 2009-04-02 Michelin Teams With Yellowstone Park Foundation For Environmental Stewardship Program
Michelin has been named the "Official Tire of the Yellowstone Park Foundation" as part of a new environmental stewardship initiative to provide Michelin energy-saving tires to the Yellowstone National Park vehicle fleet.
- 2009-04-02 PIRELLI SCORPION TYRES FOR THE ALL-GRAVEL RALLY OF PORTUGAL 2-5 APRIL
Strong entry of 75 cars. Includes first event for the five 2009 Pirelli Star Drivers. Two-time World Champion, Marcus Gronholm returns to take on Loeb in Subaru.
- 2009-04-02 Sumitomo Rubber Receives "Environmental Achievement of the Year" for Development Efforts on 100% Fossil Resource-Free Tires at Tire Technology Expo 2009
Sumitomo Rubber Industries, Ltd. headquartered in Kobe, Japan, received "Environmental Achievement of the Year" at the Tire Technology Expo 2009 held in February in Hamburg, Germany for our ambition to start sale of tires 100% free of fossil resource materials by 2013.
- 2009-04-02 Hankook Tire's Ultra-High-Performance 'Ventus' Heads the Pack Again
*Hankook Tire praised again in current sport auto tyre test *Ventus S1 evo ultra-high-performance tyre in the "top league"
- 2009-04-03 Kumho awarded 'best buy' accolade in Which? tyre test
The Kumho SOLUS KH17 has been awarded 'Best Buy' status in the latest 32‑strong tyre test performed by Which? magazine. Moreover, of the 18 185/60 R14 H products reviewed for the supermini category, it was the only one to be considered as 'Exceptional Value'.
- 2009-04-03 Nokian Tyres Forecasts Pretax Loss, Lower Sales in 1Q
Tire manufacturer Nokian Tyres Oyj said Thursday the first quarter of 2009 will be the weakest quarter of the year for the company, but sales will improve in subsequent quarters.
- 2009-04-03 FILING OF SUSPENSION OF PAYMENTS AMTEL-VREDESTEIN N.V. AND PROPOSED SALE OF VREDESTEIN BANDEN B.V.
Amtel-Vredestein N.V., announces that, following the passing of resolutions of its Executive Board and Supervisory Board, it will shortly be requesting the Dutch Court for suspension of payments and to grant the Company a moratorium for a period of two months.
- 2009-04-04 AMTEL-VREDESTEIN N.V. GRANTED SUSPENSION OF PAYMENTS - SUBSIDIARIES OF AMTEL-VREDESTEIN N.V. INCLUDING VREDESTEIN BANDEN B.V. ARE NOT INCLUDED IN THE SUSPENSION OF PAYMENTS
Amtel-Vredestein N.V. announces that on 2 April 2009 the District Court of Almelo, the Netherlands has granted the Company preliminary suspension of payments, including a moratorium of two months.
- 2009-04-04 Motorcycle News Accolades for Dunlop Tyre
Report calls Sportmax Qualifier II "2009’s most important sports tyre"
- 2009-04-06 BATO issues motorcycle tire recall
The National Highway Traffic Safety Administration (NHTSA) reports Bridgestone Americas Tire Operation (BATO) is recalling certain Bridgestone Exedra G850 G motorcycle tires, size 180/70R16 77H, sold as original equipment for model year 2008 and 2009 Triumph Rocket III Touring motorcycles.
- 2009-04-06 Cooper Takes on British Formula 3 from Avon
Cooper looks forward to boosting European profile with new supply deal
- 2009-04-06 MAK Presents New Wheel, Mistral
MAK has announced that it has released its first oriented design wheel, the Mistral 5. The shape and the inclination of the spokes show off the wheel’s oriented design.
- 2009-04-06 Michelin North America Releases New HydroEdge
- 2009-04-07 Ban VIANOR’s TV Commercial Exploiting Kids' Images!!!
The manifest of the International Women Rights Center "La Strada Ukraine":
Stop running VIANOR’s TV commercial immediately!
- 2009-04-07 Malaysia Gran Prix
Sepang – Nick Heidfeld, driving his BMW-Sauber, gained a wonderful second position on Sepang’s circuit.
- 2009-04-07 Hankook Farnbacher Team Take Podium at Le Mans Series
Ranked seventh among all tire manufacturers in the world¹, Hankook Tire has partnered with Farnbacher Racing Team to take 3rd place amongst a field of 13 competitors in the Le Mans Series GT2 Class in Barcelona, Spain, on Sunday, April 5.
- 2009-04-07 Summer Passenger Car Tires from Continental Win High Ratings
Tests Prove: Cheap Imports from Asia Jeopardize Safety.
Farewell to winter tires, they have done their job on the car.
- 2009-04-08 Goodyear Taking Action to Drive Performance, Product Innovation a Key to Competitive Strength
In his address at The Goodyear Tire & Rubber Company’s 2009 Annual Shareholder Meeting today, Chairman and Chief Executive Officer Robert J. Keegan
- 2009-04-08 TIA and Bridgestone Americas Team Up to Help Educate Consumers on Tires
Educational Video Available in Support of National Car Care Month
When replacing tires, do you know which tires are best for maximum performance and safety?
- 2009-04-08 Pirelli launches the first tyre scrapping programme and introduces the new Cinturato P7
Motorists who replace old tyres with new eco-compatible products will receive a fuel contribution up to 60 euros, fostering road safety and environmental protection.
- 2009-04-08 Production transfer a priority for CTNA
Continental Tire North America Inc. (CTNA) wants 85% of its replacement tire volume to be produced in North America and hopes to achieve that goal within three to four years.
- 2009-04-09 Touge blaze
Bling-bling in top quality
With the Touge blaze, DOTZ sets a new milestone in tuning history and launches a top-quality ceramic polished rim for all fans of blazing wheels.
- 2009-04-09 Michelin® Green X® Challenge Heads West
Long Beach Next Stop for America's Only Official "Green Racing" Series
America's newest environmental racing competition, the MICHELIN® Green X® Challenge, makes its first west coast stop
- 2009-04-09 Toward a greener future: Goodyear R&D innovations help build a sustainable future
Goodyear researches the use of bio-materials and renewable crops such as corn in the development of bio-fillers for next generation tires
- 2009-04-09 Dunlop Wins OE Fitment Contract on Jaguar XFR and XKR
SP Sport Maxx Jaguar’s tyre of choice for XFR and XKR models
- 2009-04-09 TRW completes Michelin JV takeover
TRW has acquired Michelin’s stake in the EnTire Solutions joint venture company.
- 2009-04-10 Hankook Becomes Elite Northampton Saints Sponsor
Hankook has strengthened its links Northampton Saints Rugby Club by joining its group of elite sponsors.
- 2009-04-10 Pirelli Announces Further Carlisle Redundancies
It appears as if Pirelli is seeking further voluntary redundancies amongst it production staff in Carlisle. The company has confirmed this in a statement, however at this stage it is not clear how many positions will be cut.
- 2009-04-13 Bridgestone to Increase Radial Passenger Tire Production Capacity at its Wuxi Plant in China
Bridgestone Corporation today announced that, in response to the expected medium-to-long term increase in demand for radial passenger tires in the China market, it will increase production capacity at Bridgestone (Wuxi) Tire Co., Ltd. (Wuxi Plant).
- 2009-04-13 Nitto NT05 Tire Now Available
Don't just get there - go there! The all-new Nitto NT05 summer maxperformance tire was created for enthusiasts seeking the ultimate grip.
- 2009-04-14 BFGoodrich Tire Manufacturing Plant In Opelika, Ala. To Close
Production will shift to remaining BF Goodrich Tire facilities in Alabama, Indiana.
- 2009-04-14 Top ALMS teams choose Michelin technology
Heading into the Long Beach Grand Prix, the third stop on the 2009 American Le Mans Series (ALMS) schedule, Michelin is focused on providing the tires, technical support and insights needed to give its technical partner teams a winning advantage.
- 2009-04-15 Hankook Tire Aces 6th Performance Test in 1H 2009
Ventus S1 evo finishes ahead of big-name brand in Auto Zeitung’s summer tire test
Ranked 2nd overall with top rating of ‘Very Recommendable’
Received high marks from 6 respected trade magazines in the first half of 2009 alone
- 2009-04-15 "To Hit the Impassibility with Motor Rally" Turnes out to be More Than Just a Success
A common promotional event "To hit the impassibility with motor rally" held jointly by CJSC "Rosava" and "Russian Radio" radio station in 10 Ukrainian cities came to an end on April, 10.
- 2009-04-15 Yokohama Rubber to Exhibit at Auto Shanghai 2009
The Yokohama Rubber Co., Ltd., will participate in Auto Shanghai 2009, which runs from April 20, Monday, through April 28, Tuesday (April 20 and 21 will be press days), in Shanghai, China.
- 2009-04-16 Matador: Libya 2009 Expedition
On Friday 13 March the Libya 2009 expedition set out from in front of the Continental Matador Rubber works.
- 2009-04-16 Hankook Tire Continues to Expand Volkswagen OE Fitments with the Jetta, Jetta SportWagen and New Beetle in North America
Quality, Performance, Value Driving More Automakers to Factory Hankooks
- 2009-04-17 World first for Proxes Ne
Toyo Tire Europe GmbH introduce the new Proxes Ne, an environmental tire with an extremely low rolling resistance.
- 2009-04-17 Kenda opens third plant in China
Kenda Rubber Industrial Co. Ltd. has opened a plant in China that will eventually produce up to five million passenger and light truck tires annually.
- 2009-04-18 Kumho Idles South Korean Plants
Kumho Tire Co. closed all of its three plants at home for three days in reaction to slowing sales.
- 2009-04-21 Two Kumho tires deemed 'best buy'
Two Kumho tires recently earned "best buy" designations from Consumers Digest magazine.
- 2009-04-21 Nizhnekamskshina loses alongside automotive industry
The first quarter of the current year turnes into another drop for OJSC Nizhnekamskshina. The enterprise decreased its production volumes by 48.5% in comparison with identical period in 2008.
- 2009-04-21 F1: Bridgestone Roll Out Super Softs for Shanghai Grand Prix
In Shanghai, Bridgestone’s super soft tyre was used by Jenson Button’s Brawn as he set Friday’s fastest lap time in the afternoon practice session held in sunny weather conditions.
- 2009-04-21 Nissan GT-R gets Dunlop tyres as OE
The European spec Nissan GT-R has been launched in the UK, with Dunlop SP Sport tyres as original equipment.
- 2009-04-22 Union seeks relief from flood of Chinese imports
The United Steelworkers (USW) have filed a petition with the U.S. International Trade Commission claiming the flood of imported consumer tires from China have led to thousands of job losses and a growing number of plant closings throughout the United States.
- 2009-04-22 March Sales Give Pirelli a Glimmer of Hope
Italian manufacturer reports 'signs of recovery' for OE tyre market
- 2009-04-23 Saving Green And Going Green Just Got Easier
For Earth Day, Bridgestone Retail Operations, LLC offers consumer tips to keep your car running newer — and greener — longer, as well as automotive battery and oil recycling
- 2009-04-23 Matador: Presentation in Ukraine – Working and informal discussions
From 18 – 21 February this year, representatives of Continental Matador Rubber met with dealers from KOMPANIJA SK, our largest commercial partner in the Ukrainian market, at the Ukrainian ski resort of Bukovel.
- 2009-04-23 Bright IDEA Features Bridgestone Brand Tires
[[Bridgestone]] Americas, which is focused on environmental leadership through its One Team, One Planet global initiative, is proud the new highly-anticipated "green" concept vehicle introduced today by Bright Automotive will come equipped with Bridgestone brand tires.
- 2009-04-25 Michelin Leads Clean Air Green Tour
Michelin North America has teamed up with the "Clean Air Green Tour" to educate consumers on the benefits of environmentally friendly products.
- 2009-04-24 Bridgestone ponders new front F1 tyre
Bridgestone is considering introducing a narrower and lower profile front tyre next season.
- 2009-04-24 Pirelli Scorpion "Soft" at Rally Argentina
Pirelli Scorpion at Rally Argentina, one of the most spectacular and demanding events of 2009 WRC that will be based at Villa Carlos Paz in the heart of Cordobese Sierras from April 24 to 26.
- 2009-04-24 Goodyear launches Dunlop UHP tire
Goodyear Tire & Rubber Co. introduced a new ultra-high performance tire, the Dunlop Sport Maxx TT, during a ride-and-drive event held yesterday, April 22, in Greenville, S.C.
- 2009-04-25 Goodyear promises new tires, marketing for Dunlop
Goodyear Tire & Rubber Co. is promising new tires and marketing for its Dunlop brand.
- 2009-04-24 EU Parliament backs strict labelling for tyres
EU lawmakers have insisted that tyre manufacturers such as Michelin and Continental must display details of tyres' fuel performance, as well as their wet grip and noise levels, as of November 2012.
- 2009-04-28 Michelin OE on Porsche Panamera
Porsche’s new Panamera will be fitted with Michelin tyres as Original Equipment (OE).
- 2009-04-28 Pirelli Boasts 2009 Test-Topping UHP Products
When it comes to high and ultra high performance tyres, few would argue that Italian manufacturer Pirelli holds a position of distinction.
- 2009-04-28 Continental tests tires using modern computed tomography
Europe’s leading tire manufacturer, Continental, is using a new CT scanner to further improve tire prototype testing.
- 2009-04-29 Bridgestone Americas Tire Operations Introduces Newest Addition To The Duravis™ Tire Line
Duravis M895 offers all-season, off-road capabilities to light truck & commercial tire line
- 2009-04-29 F1 Performance Feeds into HP Tyres from Bridgestone
Technical data "certainly beneficial for our passenger tyre development strategy”", say company representatives.
- 2009-04-29 CTNA enters retread market with own product
Continental Tire North America Inc. (CTNA) has joined the ranks of medium truck tire manufacturers offering their own retread products.
- 2009-04-29 The Ecsta XS Makes History
Kumho Tires to offer Ride and Drive at Classic Motorsports Mitty 09'
- 2009-04-30 Amtel-Vredestein N.V.'S Dutch Trustee in Bankruptcy Accepts Apollo Tyres' Offer to Aquire Vredestein Banden B.V.
Acquisition can be completed post all legal and statutory approvals and conditions, wherever required.
- 2009-04-30 JTuned.com / Falken Tire Car Meet
Falken Tire took park in the 2nd JTuned.com car meet held at Universal Technical Institute (UTI) in Rancho Cucamonga, CA on April 25, 2009.
- 2009-04-30 AIRBORN – one person wants to know
Premium tuning for the VW Eos – also including unique wheels from AEZ
- 2009-04-30 Uniroyal’s products named Which? Best Buys
Uniroyal’s RainSport 2 and newly launched RainExpert have been named Which? Best Buys in the consumer associations most recent tyre test. The RainSport 2 tyre also received an extra credit, a Which? exceptional value honour.
- 2009-05-01 Goodyear Again Named America's Most Respected Automotive Company
The Goodyear Tire & Rubber Company has – for the second year in a row – been recognized as America’s most respected automotive company by the Reputation Institute (RI) and Forbes magazine.
- 2009-05-06 Goodyear Adds to US Commercial Tyre Range
Two new truck tyres are extending Goodyear’s US market range.
- 2009-05-06 Open Cpountry M/T-R off-road racing tire launched
Toyo Tire Europe GmbH have launched the Open Country M/T-R off-road race tire in Europe. Initially the tire is available in the most popular size for rally raid competitors, 235/85 R 16.
- 2009-05-06 Yokohama ADVAN Neova AD08 now available
The latest addition to Yokohama Tire Corp.'s flagship ADVAN line, the ADVAN Neova AD08, is now available in 32 sizes, ranging from 15 inches to 19 inches in wheel diameter.
- 2009-05-07 Touring Club Schweiz runs comparative test of tyre concepts: "All-season tyres are a poor compromise"
In its controversial test, Touring Club Schweiz (TCS), the Swiss Touring Club, took a closer look at the driving performance of summer, all-season and winter tyres. The conclusion?
- 2009-05-07 Nokian Sales "Down in Line With Market," says Gran
Actual interim results for the January to March 2009 quarter show Nokian Tyres’ operating income to be even lower than the figure anticipated by a Reuters analyst poll.
- 2009-05-07 Have you ever heard of the S mark?
Another EU Directive is coming down the tracks that could have a dramatic effect of the tyre industry.
- 2009-05-08 Continental Open to a Takeover Proposal by MAG
Continental is continuing its talks with the management of MAG with the objective of jointly defining the terms of a possible takeover proposal for the Clairoix plant.
- 2009-05-08 Nokian Hakkapeliitta Truck F beats the winter
A new front tyre complements the Hakkapeliitta family for heavy vehicles
- 2009-05-08 OZ at FIAT FESTA in Japan Nagano (Japan)
It has been 16 years since they established Fiat Festa in Japan.
- 2009-05-08 The tuners’ new clothes – AEZ, DOTZ and DEZENT in Friedrichshafen
The event took place at the first weekend in May. All hell has broken loose at the former Zeppelin production sites in Friedrichshafen.
- 2009-05-12 Toyo reports sales, income declines
Toyo Tire & Rubber Co. Ltd. posted net sales of 328.3 billion yen on a net loss of 10.7 billion yen for its full 2008 fiscal year. Toyo's sales fell 8.1% from fiscal year 2007 levels.The company reported net income of 6.1 billion yen during 2007.
- 2009-05-13 Kumho adds to high performance range
Kumho is adding to its Ecsta range of high performance tyres.
- 2009-05-13 Kumho Tires Receives Top Honors from Grassroots Motorsports Magazine with Ecsta XS
Kumho Tires is pleased to announce it has received top honors in a tire test held by Grassroots Motorsports, a leading automotive enthusiast magazine, for the June 2009 issue.
- 2009-05-14 Apollo Vredestein Banden Buyout Imminent
Apollo's vice chairman Neeraj Kanwar was quoted today as saying “We are looking at closing this deal to acquire Vredestein Banden in the next few days,” a new press release indicates.
- 2009-05-14 Uniroyal® Announces New Cub in Tiger Paw Line
The Tiger Paw AS65 Offers Enhanced Wet and Dry Handling, Long Mileage
- 2009-05-14 Falken unveils all-terrain tire for light trucks, SUVs
Falken Tire Corp. has introduced a new line of all-terrain tires, the High Country A/T.
- 2009-05-15 Michelin Advertising Focuses on the Impact Tires Make on Vehicle Fuel-Economy
Michelin's leadership in the development of fuel-efficient tires was once again in the spotlight after the Attorney General of Tennessee launched an investigation into Michelin's recent passenger car and light-truck tire advertisements and promotional claims.
- 2009-05-15 Kumho Wins Two Consumer Digest 'Best Buys'
Kumho Tires won two "Best Buy" awards in a recent tyre test run by Consumers Digest magazine in the US. Kumho's Solus KR21 and Ecsta STX were honoured in the Touring Cars and Performance SUV categories respectively.
- 2009-05-18 Pirelli wins Auto Express Tyre of the Year
The Pirelli P Zero™ has beaten three other competitor brands to win the Auto Express Tyre of the Year Award for 2009.
- 2009-05-18 J.D. Power and Associates Reports: Michelin and Goodyear Each Rank Highest in Original Equipment Tire Customer Satisfaction
Experiencing Problems Leads to a Considerable Decline In Tire Owner Satisfaction and Recommendation Rates
- 2009-05-19 Apollo acquires Vredestein
Apollo Tyres Ltd has acquired Vredestein Banden BV, giving the Indian company its first manufacturing base in Europe.
- 2009-05-19 Bridgestone officially opens truck and bus tyre plant in Stargard, Poland
Vital asset for Bridgestone long-term growth in Europe
- 2009-05-20 New Pirelli winter tire will be ready in June
Pirelli Tyre SpA has launched its Winter Snowcontrol Series II, an environmentally-friendly, high performance winter tire developed for small to mid-sized vehicles.
- 2009-05-20 Michelin Retains Interest in Conti’s Tyre Division
Michelin has once again signalled its interest in rival Continental’s tyre division, reports Reuters Germany.
- 2009-05-21 ContiTread Range Ready, says Marangoni
According to Marangoni, the partnership agreement it signed last year with Continental, involving the launch of the new range of ContiTread precured tread strips, is now fully operational.
- 2009-05-22 Introducing ANGEL ST: Pirelli's way of interpretating Sport-Touring
Who is the Angel of the Street?
- 2009-05-23 Pirelli Launches R01 eco-friendly regional truck tyre
Pirelli Tyre has strengthened its commitment to the truck sector with the launch of the R:01 Series, which the company describes as an eco-friendly regional truck tyre.
- 2009-05-22 Toyo’s Proxes Chosen for 3rd Gen Prius
Toyota’s Prius, seen by some as the de rigueur environmental motoring statement, was released onto the Japanese market in its third generation incarnation on May 18.
- 2009-05-25 Pirelli Launches R01 eco-friendly regional truck tyre
Pirelli Tyre has strengthened its commitment to the truck sector with the launch of the R:01 Series, which the company describes as an eco-friendly regional truck tyre.
- 2009-05-25 Michelin Resumes Truck Tyre Production in Poland
Production at Michelin Polska’s Olsztyn facility has resumed after a six-week pause.
- 2009-05-27 Bridgestone once more "Superbrand" in Germany
The global, independent organisation Superbrands has, for the second time, honoured the Bridgestone brand as one of the best and strongest product and company brands.
- 2009-05-27 Toyo wins prestigious award
Toyo Tire & Rubber has picked up a prestigious award for its development of technologies that reduce fuel consumption.
- 2009-05-28 Tyre Factory Closures ‘Should Support Price Discipline’
In the wake of Goodyear announced closure of its Amiens, France plant, financial analysts have highlighted the ‘positive’ effect this will have on the tyre manufacturer’s "price discipline."
- 2009-05-28 GITI Tire unveils plans for new proving ground
GITI Tire has confirmed that it will commence construction on its new proving ground in China within the next 12 months.
- 2009-05-29 Marangoni creates new tire development technology
Marangoni’s Research & Development Centre in Rovereto, Italy has just unveiled FAST (Fatigue, Advanced, Speed, Test), an advanced tire tester for the "indoor" testing of all types of tire for cars, industrial vehicles, and earthmoving equipment.
- 2009-05-29 Audi Opts for Yokohama’s Advan on Q7
Audi’s list of requirements for its Q7 4x4 include a tyre capable of handling the vehicle’s considerable performance output.
- 2009-05-30 ContiRV20 Combines Strength, Speed and Comfort
The latest addition to Continental’s industrial tyre portfolio is the radial ContiRV20, a product designed for what the company calls the toughest of environments – airport ground support.
- 2009-05-30 Hankook secures Volkswagen OE deal
Volkswagen's Transporter, Caravelle, Multivan and California van models and now rolling off the assembly line with amongst others, Hankook tyres as Original Equipment.
- 2009-06-01 Goodyear Akron Headquarters Moving Forward
The Goodyear Tire & Rubber Company announced on May 29 the sale of certain of its Akron properties to Industrial Realty Group (IRG) as a first step toward finalizing plans for developing a new headquarters in Akron.
- 2009-06-01 Interstate and Point-S in Italy
The co-operation was officialy announced during the opening of the AutoPromotec in Italy at May 20, 2009.
- 2009-06-02 Michelin Celebrates 120th Birthday
May 28, 2009 represented a special day in the Michelin calendar – exactly 120 years earlier the company was founded in Clermont-Ferrand, France.
- 2009-06-02 Michelin Green X Challenge: the MEEC changes name, but remains the same...
The only change to the "Michelin Energy Endurance Challenge", born in 2007 from the joint will of the ACO and the French eponymous tyre manufacturer is its name.
- 2009-06-02 Uniroyal means safety and economy on the road: The new Uniroyal RainMax 2 for MPVs and light vans
The RainMax 2 is Uniroyal's new summer tyre for MPVs and light vans.
- 2009-06-03 Celebration begins for 100th anniversary of Mastercraft Tires
Rebates, a "100 Days of Summer Celebration" sweepstakes, and a commemorative logo are all parts of a 100-year anniversary celebration for Cooper Tire & Rubber Co.'s Mastercraft Tires.
- 2009-06-03 Marshal Launches Matrac MH11
Marshal has reported the introduction of its Matrac MH11 tyre, adding that the new line-up is already available nationwide.
- 2009-06-04 The Nokian Heavy Tyres product family is growing and goes tubeless
The radial forestry tyre, the Nokian Forest Rider, continues the revolution and begins yet another era in professional harvesting. In the future, the Nokian Forest Rider, used in CTL forestry machines and heavy tractors, goes forward convincingly also as a tubeless tyre.
- 2009-06-04 Hankook Extends Audi OE into Europe
A3 models to be fitted with Ventus S1 evo
- 2009-06-05 Increased demand for tyre pressure monitoring systems
The introduction of the UK's Health and Safety (Offences) Act 2008, which came into effect in January this year has increased the demand for tyre pressure monitoring systems, according to one leading supplier.
- 2009-06-05 Bridgestone launches Blizzak LM-30 and LM-35 winter tyres
High-level grip and safety in all central European conditions
- 2009-06-06 Russian Court Receives Amtel-Vredestein Insolvency Application
Official confirmation has been given that, on June 3, OJSC Amtel-Vredestein filed for insolvency with the Moscow Arbitration Court.
- 2009-06-05 Michelin Marks June 5 With Fuel Savings Report
June 5 is the United Nations’ World Environment Day and Michelin has revved up the festivities by preparing a report on the savings generated by its most recent car and truck tyre line-ups since their launch in 2008.
- 2009-06-06 Continental gets further vehicle manufacturer approvals for its winter tyres
Continental has just secured further approvals for its winter tyres. Ultra-sporty cars, as well as compact and subcompact models will be driving this winter on tyres made by the European market leader.
- 2009-06-08 Sibur-Russian Tyres Announces Preliminary 2008 Results
In releasing its preliminary financial results for the 2008 year on June 5, Sibur-Russian Tyres stated that, in spite of “unfavourable trends” during the reporting period, the company’s consolidated revenue – 27.4 billion roubles – did not decrease compared with 2007.
- 2009-06-08 Hayes Lemmerz Bags New Production Contracts
New business agreements with a number of existing and new customers are being received with gratitude by a financially beleaguered Hayes Lemmerz International.
- 2009-06-09 Record Participation for 8th National Tire Safety Week
More than 21,000 Outlets to Offer RMA’s Be Tire Smart Materials
- 2009-06-09 Continental Supervisory Board Supports Assess-ment of Viability of Continental-Schaeffler Combination
- Assessment process open to all options to be completed by the end of July
- Executive Board shall continue to analyze alternatives
- 2009-06-10 New Michelin Tire Shatters Compromise between Fuel-Efficiency, Performance
The Michelin® Energy™ Saver A/S Passenger Car Tire Now Available
- 2009-06-10 New tyre pressure monitoring system launched in UK
A new tyre pressure monitoring system has been launched in the UK, which has the potential cut van, truck and coach operators’ fuel bills by between 5 and 10 per cent and extend tyre life by 30 per cent.
- 2009-06-11 Maxxis Expands Drift Tyre Size Range
Maxxis has announced that its speciality drifting and track racing tyre, the MA-Z1 Drift, is now in stock in an expanded range of sizes.
- 2009-06-11 Mens Day Success in Warsaw
Men's Day in Warsaw is the biggest open-air event in Poland. This year Toyo Poland distributor, Trade Stomil were there promoting TOYO TIRES to the 150.000 spectators who turned up to participate.
- 2009-06-12 Goodyear introduces waste haul truck tire
Goodyear Tire & Rubber Co. has unveiled the G289 WHA, part of a new line of medium truck tires for waste hauling applications.
- 2009-06-12 Toyo Driver Gordon Wins Baja 500
Victory in the 41st Baja 500 has gone to Toyo supported US driver Robby Gordon.
- 2009-06-13 Upstate Motorists to Benefit from Tire Safety Initiative
Michelin, Clemson inflation station now open for business at CU-ICAR campus
- 2009-06-13 Brisa 2008 Results Show Sales Increase but Profits Down
Turkish manufacturer Brisa achieved net sales of 772,203,901 Turkish liras (£306.1 million) in the year ended December 31, 2008.
- 2009-06-15 Michelin reduces capital spending
Michelin is slicing its capital expenditure budget in half and working to control inventories to maintain positive free cash flow as its No. 1 financial goal this year, Michelin CEO Michel Rollier said.
- 2009-06-15 Hankook Tire debut in 24 Hours of Le Mans this weekend
Hankook Tire has partnered with the Farnbacher Racing Team to take part in the 2009 24 Hours of Le Mans in Sarthe, France on Saturday, June 13 and Sunday, June 14 for the first time in its 68 year history.
- 2009-06-16 Pirelli Carlisle Shutdown Planned for Late June
A further temporary closure of Pirelli’s Carlisle factory is scheduled for late June.
- 2009-06-16 Happy Birthday, Vulcanised Rubber!
June 15 is a red-letter day for the tyre industry – exactly 165 years ago Charles Goodyear was granted the initial patent for process of rubber vulcanisation.
- 2009-06-17 ITC to Rule on Imported Chinese Tyres This Week
The US International Trade Commission will determine by June 18 whether or not consumer tyres imported from China are harming or have the potential to harm potential tyre manufacturers, and will report its findings to President Obama and the US trade representative the following day.
- 2009-06-17 Pirelli P Zero chosen for this year's top prestigious sports cars
Alfa Romeo 8C Spider, Ferrari 599 HGTE, Aston Martin V12 Vintage just launched, the choice of tyre was easy - the high-performance Pirelli P Zero.
- 2009-06-18 Conti Removing Jobs, Operations from Puchov Site
Machinery business migrating to Hannover-Stöcken plant
- 2009-06-16 Toyo Adds Passenger, LT Sizes to Lines
Toyo Tire USA Corp. has added several new sizes to its passenger and light truck/SUV lines.
- 2009-06-19 Sibur to Produce New Premium Compound Rubber
Sibur LLC reports that investment in a project centred on producing new rubbers at its Voronezhsintezkauchuk facility in Southwest Russia has been finalised.
- 2009-06-22 Goodyear Reducing Production at Tennessee Consumer Tyre Plant
As of July 6, production at Goodyear’s consumer tyre facility in Union City, Tennessee will move from a continuous operating schedule to a five-day, three-shift operation.
- 2009-06-22 Continental predicts market growth next year
Continental expects global car tyre demand for to grow to nearly 1.25 billion units next year from the 1.2 billion units it expects this year, it has been reported.
- 2009-06-22 New all-season tyre for SUVs: Vredestein Quatrac 3 SUV
Ten new sizes added to SUV range
- 2009-06-23 Pirelli P Zero OE on New Lotus Evora
Lotus Cars Limited has selected Pirelli as the principal supplier of tyres for the new Lotus Evora, with the company’s P Zero tyre the product of choice.
- 2009-06-23 Next Generation Goodyear RunOnFlat Launched as Merc E-Class OE
Goodyear has launched the new generation of its RunOnFlat tyre with an original equipment fitting on the new Mercedes E-Class, which left factories recently.
- 2009-06-24 Interstate new Commercial tyre
Interstate has introduced the ultra modern Commercial tyre. The first size is the 195/70R15C, 104/120S , 8ply.
- 2009-06-24 Dunlop Aircraft Tyres OE for Latest Bombardier Regional Jet
Aeroplane manufacturer Bombardier has selected Dunlop Aircraft Tyres as original equipment supplier for its new 100-seat CRJ1000 Next Gen regional jet.
- 2009-06-25 7 New Firestone Sizes Available from North Hants Tyres
Firestone has recently added seven new sizes for larger American and European Grand Tourers such as Packard and Hispano Souza.
- 2009-06-25 Michelin North America Honored as a Best Employer for Healthy Lifestyles
Tiremaker receives award for innovative employee wellness program from the National Business Group on Health
- 2009-06-26 New Blizzak DM-V1 4x4 winter studless tyre from Bridgestone
More bite on ice and snow, safer handling on wet
- 2009-06-27 Hankook unveils e3 Technology for truck tires
Hankook Tire America Corp. has unveiled its e3 (or e-Cubed) Technology for medium truck tires.
- 2009-06-30 Bomb Scare at Goodyear’s Fulda Factory
Goodyear reports that a factory belonging to its German subsidiary was subject to a bomb scare on June 29.
- 2009-06-30 Cooper will add size to Roadmaster truck tire
Cooper will add size to Roadmaster truck tire
- 2009-06-30 Pirelli closes UK plants for five days
Pirelli has begun a five-day shutdown at its two factories in Carlisle and Burton-upon-Trent in the UK.
- 2009-07-01 Kumho USA to Recall Light Truck Tyres
The National Highway Traffic Safety Administration (NHTSA) has announced Kumho Tire USA’s recall of 36,292 Mohave A/T light truck all terrain tyres.
- 2009-07-01 Superb control and braking from Hankook
Hankook’s latest high performance car tyre –the K110 V12 EVO, which was launched in Ireland earlier in the year, delivers superb control and braking, according to distributors Tractamotors.
- 2009-07-02 FR380 Tyres Recalled by Bridgestone/Firestone in US
Bridgestone/Firestone has recalled 127,000 Firestone FR380 tyres manufactured between 9 September 2007 and 2 July 2008 in the size P235/75R15.
- 2009-07-02 VTS Offers Fitment for Classic Citroën H
Mon Dieu, have owners of the unmistakeably French Citroën H van experienced difficulties sourcing their unusual metric sized tyres during the past few years.
- 2009-07-03 Yokohama ADVAN selected for Mercedes C-Class
The Yokohama ADVAN Sport tire has been selected as original equipment for the Mercedes-Benz C-Class car in three sizes: 205/55R16 91V, 225/45R17 91W and 245/40R17 91W.
- 2009-07-03 New Heavy Steer Tire from Continental Gives Longer Life in Urban Applications
Continental Tire North America, Inc. released for sales today the latest improvement to its lineup of heavy truck steer tires, the HSU2®.
- 2009-07-04 Second Generation BFGoodrich Mud Terrain T/AKM2 Launched
With its thick lugs that continue around the sidewall, the BFGoodrich Mud Terrain T/AKM range clearly means business in an off-road capacity and now the tyre has been given a second generation for the European market.
- 2009-07-06 Yokohama Tire Corporation's All-New dB Super E-spec™, World's First Orange Oil-Infused Passenger Tire, Goes on Sale
Eco-focused tire is 80 percent petroleum free and helps save gas
- 2009-07-06 BMW awards Bridgestone another OE contract
Bridgestone Corp. is supplying BMW North America LLC with Bridgestone Dueler HP Sport RFT (run-flat tires) for the new 2009 BMW M automobiles.
- 2009-07-07 Apollo gets Pajero fitment in India
Apollo Tyres ‘s Hawkz 4x4 tyre has been selected as original equipment on the Mitusbishi Pajero in India, the company has reported.
- 2009-07-07 Goodyear gets Rolls Royce OE
Goodyear has confirmed that its UltraGrip Performance 2 RunOnFlat tyres has been specified as original equipment on the Rolls Royce Phantom.
- 2009-07-08 Cooper Tire Officially Rolls Out Greater Fuel Efficiency Tire
Cooper Tire Presents Cooper GFE Tire to Cover a Variety of Hybrid Vehicle Makes to Meet Consumer Demand
- 2009-07-08 Cooper’s new Discoverer M+S2
Cooper Tire Europe has launched the latest in its acclaimed Discoverer range of 4x4 tyres, the UK-built Discoverer M+S2.
- 2009-07-09 Nitto Tire Releases New Off-Road Tire: Trail Grappler M/T
Nitto Tire U.S.A., Inc., announces the release of its new off-road tire, the Trail Grappler M/T.
- 2009-07-09 Toyota picks Toyo Proxes A20 for new Prius V
The Toyo Proxes A20 has been selected to be original equipment on the premium model 2010 Toyota Prius V.
- 2009-07-09 Optimum performance, come rain or shine.
- 2009-07-10 Autopromotec a "Fundamental Appointment" for MAK Wheels
At Autopromotec, MAK Wheels launched their new Tornado range.
- 2009-07-13 From practical to cool – wheels for off-road fans
The three brands AEZ, DOTZ and DEZENT offer diversity.
- 2009-07-10 Mazda Models Gets Toyos
Toyo Tire & Rubber COo. has won OE fitment for its tires on the new Mazda Axela, which is also known as the Mazda 3 outside of Japan.
- 2009-07-13 Bridgestone to Build a Plant for Retread Materials in Thailand
Bridgestone Corporation announced its decision to construct a new plant for the production of precure tread* for retread tires.
- 2009-07-14 Hankook Recalls 3 sizes of RA08 Light Truck Tyres
Hankook Tire has is recalling a number of RA08 van tyre sizes in what the company describes as a "precautionary measure."
- 2009-07-14 TIA urges rejection of Chinese tire tariffs
The Obama administration should reject import duties or quotas against Chinese passenger and light truck tires, the Tire Industry Association said in a letter to President Obama and U.S. Trade Representative Ron Kirk.
- 2009-07-15 DuPont, Goodyear Science Creates High-Tech Tires That Rock 'n Roll
Technologies with DuPont™ Kevlar® Provide Increased Toughness, Stability and Lighter Weight.
- 2009-07-16 Apollo Tyres Launches Refreshed Web site
During the first quarter of 2009, Apollo Tyres launched its new corporate identity across its operations.
- 2009-07-16 Goodyear and Michelin extend current contracts with USW
Michelin North America Inc., Goodyear Tire & Rubber Co. and the United Steelworkers (USW) have agreed to a labor contracts extension.
- 2009-07-17 Goodyear to Close Philippines Tire Plant
The Goodyear Tire & Rubber Company today announced that it will close its tire plant in the Philippines as part of a strategy to address uncompetitive manufacturing capacity globally.
- 2009-07-18 Michelin Adds Vette Tire
Recognized as the tire brand of choice for the world's greatest supercars, Michelin's Pilot® Sport PS2™ ZP (zero pressure) tire is now available for the Corvette C5, C6, C6 Z06 (August 1st) and ZR1.
- 2009-07-20 New Sizes. Web Site For Nitto Touring Line
Nitto Tire U.S.A. has added six new sizes for its luxury-touring tire, the NT850 Premium. Among the new sizes, Nitto said, are OE replacement sizes for popular sedans, including the Acura TL, BMW 3-Series, Ford Fusion and Infiniti G35.
- 2009-07-20 Acura, Porsche Win Both on Track and in the Michelin® Green X® Challenge
The fastest cars on the track were also the most efficient as the race winning Acura prototype of de Ferran Motorsports and the GT2 class winning Porsche from Flying Lizard Motorsports also won the MICHELIN® GREEN X® Challenge awards here at Lime Rock Park, the fifth stop of the 2009 American Le Mans Series season.
- 2009-07-21 ADAC members vote: Continental tyres offer best price/performance ratio
- Continental also tops ratings for brand awareness
- Maximum expertise in summer and winter tyres
- 2009-07-21 Michelin to roll out tire for large-capacity trucks
Next month, Groupe Michelin will introduce what it calls the "market's first 295/60R22.5 multi-purpose tire," the Michelin X MultiWay XD medium truck tire.
- 2009-07-22 BATO expands Blizzak line with two new tires
Bridgestone Americas Tire Operations LLC (BATO) is adding two new tires to its Bridgestone Blizzak winter tire line: the Blizzak DM-V1 and the Blizzak LM-60.
- 2009-07-23 Cooper Tire Expands Size Offerings in its CS4, Discoverer and Zeon Lines
COOPER TIRE & RUBBER COMPANY recently announced an expanded size offering for a wide variety of its passenger, ultra-high performance, SUV and light truck tires.
- 2009-07-24 Goodyear Dunlop’s Hanau Plant to Cut 140 Jobs by 2010
Goodyear Dunlop Tires Germany GmbH is to cut 140 of the 1340 tyre production jobs at its Hanau production facility, according to local news reports.
- 2009-07-24 Apollo Tyres to Supply 50% Nissan Truck South Africa OE Needs
Apollo Tyres South Africa recently won the contract to supply half of Nissan Diesel’s truck tyre requirements.
- 2009-07-24 Goodyear Assurance Fuel Max Tires Selected for Ford Fusion
The Ford Motor Company has selected Goodyear's new fuel-efficient tire, Assurance Fuel Max, as a key original equipment fitment for the 2010 Ford Fusion S.
- 2009-07-25 Sava Launches Three Upgraded Truck Tyre Lines
Sava has announced the launch of three upgraded tyre ranges designed to offer enhanced performance and value for long and regional haul trucks, trailers and coaches.
- 2009-07-27 Pirelli to Supply BRC Control Tyre for 3 More Years
Pirelli is to continue as the Official Control Tyre Supplier to the MSA British Rally Championship for a further three years.
- 2009-07-28 Newest Apollo tire plant on stream by year-end
Apollo Tyres Ltd. has begun production of OTR tires at a plant in India and expects production at a second new plant, for car and truck tires, to begin before year-end, the firm’s chairman told shareholders recently.
- 2009-07-28 Michelin Teams With Harley-Davidson For Original Equipment Motorcycle Tire
Michelin unveils all-new Scorcher™ "31" tire for Harley-Davidson® Dyna® models
- 2009-07-29 Senators urge Obama to approve tariffs on Chinese tires
A bipartisan group of 11 senators has written President Obama, urging him to approve the steep tariffs the U.S. International Trade Commission has recommended on passenger and light truck tires from China.
- 2009-07-29 S-Mark Won’t Take Effect in UK Till 2010
NTDA warns of penalties of £5000 per tyre sold
- 2009-07-30 BMW quits F1
BMW will not continue its Formula 1 campaign after the end of the 2009 season.
- 2009-07-30 Marangoni Supersizes its Retreaded Machinery Range
Demand for larger size OTR and earthmover retreads has been robust over the past couple of years, and Marangoni Tyre Machinery has now introduced a product aimed at this segment of the market.
- 2009-07-31 'Fortis' - Kumho's eco‑friendly SUV with previously unattained levels of off/on‑road capability
Kumho is a tyre manufacturer with a conscience. It produces millions of tyres for today's SUVs, but is acutely aware that such vehicles will have to change dramatically if they are to survive ever greener vehicular legislation.
- 2009-07-31 Yokohama's New ADVAN Sport ZPS (Zero Pressure System) Runflat Tire Goes on Sale Aug. 1
Yokohama Tire Corporation now offers drivers ultra high-performance and security with the debut of its all-new runflat tire, the ADVAN Sport ZPS® (Zero Pressure System), which goes on sale August 1, according to Shawn Denlein, Yokohama director of sales, Consumer Products.
- 2009-08-03 Federal Introduces Winter SUV Tire
Federal Tire launched its Himalaya SUV, the latest winter tire in the company’s Himalaya line, designed for drivers looking for added traction and winter safety.
- 2009-08-04 Toyo rolls out entry-level performance tire
Toyo Tire U.S.A. Corp. has introduced the Toyo Extensa HP, Toyo's first entry-level high performance passenger tire for the United States market.
- 2009-08-04 Bridgestone Holds the Opening Ceremony for its Kitakyushu Plant
Bridgestone Corporation ("Bridgestone") today held the opening ceremony for its new Kitakyushu Plant.
- 2009-08-06 Michelin adds size to XHA2 loader tire
Michelin North America Inc. (MNA) has added a new size, 23.5R25, to its Michelin XHA2 loader tire, which is designed for construction industry machines that operate on infrastructure and utility sites.
- 2009-08-06 Cooper Tire expands tyre line up
Cooper Tire recently announced an expanded size offering for a wide variety of its passenger, ultra-high performance, SUV and light truck tyress.
- 2009-08-06 Pirelli Freezes China Investment
The changes occurring in global markets since last year have prompted Pirelli to mothball its planned US$100 million investment in China.
- 2009-08-07 TOYO TIRES renews ECO mark
TOYO TIRE & RUBBER Co., Ltd. announces that it renews ECO mark.
- 2009-08-07 Maxxis Winter Range Offers Car, Van and 4x4 Applicability
Available exclusively through Grouptyre, the UK’s leading independent tyre wholesaler, Maxxis winter tyres have been developed using Virtual Intelligent Prototyping (VIP) technology and come with the Maxxis Lifetime Guarantee.
- 2009-08-10 Federal Introduces Himalaya SUV, 4X4 Tyre
Federal has announced the addition of its latest winter tyre development, the Himalaya SUV 4x4, with which the company hopes to make inroads into the European marketplace.
- 2009-08-10 Cooper Introduces New Discoverer M+S2 4x4 Tyre
Full range of Cooper and Avon products available for the winter months
- 2009-08-11 Goodyear relaunches Fierce brand, expands distribution
Goodyear is relaunching its performance Fierce brand by broadening the target market and expanding distribution through all of its more than 7,000 dealers.
- 2009-08-11 Nokian Anticipates ‘Market Headwinds’ to Continue
Sales at Nokian Tyres decreased 34.6 per cent to 346.7 million euros in the half year between January and June 2009, and operating profit went down along with it; the company reports a 86.4 per cent decline in operating profit to 17.5 million euros.
- 2009-08-12 Avon’s ZZR Tyre Paired with Caterham Cars’ Superlight
Avon Tyres’ ultra-high performance tyre, the ZZR, is to be paired with the Caterham Superlight range.
- 2009-08-12 U.S. tire distribution sector would suffer under China import duties
Imposing tariffs or other restrictions on imports of consumer tires from China will jeopardize at least a dozen and as many as 25 jobs in the tire distribution segment for every job saved in the manufacturing sector, according to an analysis of the situation by a Rutgers University economics professor.
- 2009-08-13 Neumann Out at Continental, Schaeffler Chairman Dr. Elmar Degenhart Appointed to Succeed Him
In a special meeting, the Supervisory Board of Continental AG agreed to a number of changes in its Supervisory Board and Executive Board.
- 2009-08-13 Apollo’s Farm King wins M&M’s Arjun
Mahindra & Mahindra becomes the first OE to trigger radialisation of the Indian agriculture vehicle segment
- 2009-08-14 Bridgestone strengthens partnership and becomes exclusive tyre supplier to BMW Driver Training
Bridgestone has signed a three-year contract to supply tyres to BMW Driver Training, a business group in the BMW M GmbH division offering specialised programmes to improve individual driver skills, reactions and awareness.
- 2009-08-14 Goodyear, USW buy Time with 2 Week Contract Extension
Goodyear and the United Steelworkers of Аmerica have agreed to an extension of their national contract, taking their agreement up to 29 August.
- 2009-08-17 Bridgestone Americas Tire Operations Introduces the Dueler A/T Revo 2
Next generation light truck/SUV tire offers "one tire for all worlds"
- 2009-08-18 Hankook Ruled Liable for Employee Deaths
A provincial court in Korea has found factory chiefs and senior researchers of Hankook Tire guilty failing to prevent a series of work related deaths.
- 2009-08-18 New Apollo Factory to Produce Vredestein Brand Tyres
The factory Apollo Tyres is building in India’s Chennai state will most likely produce Vredestein branded passenger car tyres.
- 2009-08-19 Continental to Manufacture "Softy" Tyres in Sri Lanka
In early August Continental’s tyre operations in Germany, Continental Reifen Deutschland GmbH, entered into a strategic alliance with another German manufacturer of super elastic tyres, Gumasol-Werke Dr. Mayer GmbH.
- 2009-08-19 Goodyear Assurance Fuel Max Tires Help Couple Shatter Fuel Efficiency Guinness World Record
Australian couple breaks record by more than 9 miles per gallon
- 2009-08-20 Hankook looking forward to Le Mans Series
The Hankook Team Farnbacher will be on the starting line for the legendary 1,000 kilometre race of the Le Mans Series at the Nürburgring in Germany on Sunday.
- 2009-08-20 Chinese official visits Washington to fight potential tire tariffs
Zhong Shan, Chinese vice commerce minister, is in Washington this week to talk to senior trade officials of the Obama administration in an attempt to persuade the administration not to levy high duties against Chinese passenger and light truck tire imports.
- 2009-08-21 Yokohama Rubber, ITOCHU to Jointly Set up Tire Manufacturing/selling Company in Russia
The Yokohama Rubber Co., Ltd., today announced that it agreed with ITOCHU Corporation to establish a company manufacturing and selling tires in Russia.
- 2009-08-21 Firestone Firehawk GT Pursuit Takes Top Overall Honors In Police Fleet Manager’s Real-World Tire Test
Firehawk GT Pursuit also edges out competition in wet performance
- 2009-08-25 Toyo Proxes A20 Chosen for Lexus HS 250h Option
In the US, the Toyo Proxes A20 all-season tyre has been selected as the 18-inch OE upgrade for the 2010 Lexus HS 250h.
- 2009-08-26 Toyo confirms Lancer Evolution X fitment
Toyo Tire Europe is supplying its Proxes R19 on the UK version of the Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution X FQ-400 (U.K. version).
- 2009-08-26 Mercedes-Benz E-Class gets Goodyear RunOnFlat technology
The new Mercedes E-Class is equipped with a comprehensive package of advanced safety features, including an option for Goodyear's next generation RunOnFlat Tyre technology.
- 2009-08-27 Natural Rubber Price Up +25%
The price of RSS3 grade natural rubber has shot up 25 per cent to US$2.0/kg in the last month (and US$ 1.8/kg for TSR 20 grade).
- 2009-08-28 What are Low Rolling Resistance Tires?
Low rolling resistance tires are often touted as being very helpful when you want to help conserve fuel. By some estimates, up to 6% of your fuel bill could go away if you have low rolling resistance tires.
- 2009-08-30 Toyo Tires New Tire Plant in China
Toyo Tire & Rubber Co., Ltd. (President and CEO: Kenji Nakakura) hereby announces that it constructs its wholly-owned new tire plant in China to respond to increasing tire demands in accordance with the rapid progress of motorization in the Chinese market.
- 2009-08-31 Goodyear and USW Reach Tentative Agreement On New Labor Contract
The Goodyear Tire & Rubber Company and the United Steelworkers (USW) have reached tentative agreement on a new master contract covering about 10,300 employees at seven tire plants in the United States.
- 2009-09-01 Kia selected Michelin as supplier of OE-tires for new Cee’d
Kia Motors has selected Michelin as the sole supplier of the original equipment tyres for the new Cee’d range.
- 2009-09-02 New Michelin LTX M/S2 Tire Offers an Exceptional Combination of Performances for Light Trucks and Suvs
The tire industry's best light truck tire just got better. Michelin announced the introduction of the new MICHELIN LTX M/S2 tire for light trucks and SUVs, offering significant improvements in safety, longevity and fuel efficiency.
- 2009-09-02 Nitto adds crossover sizes to NT850 line
Nitto Tire U.S.A. Inc. has expanded its Nitto NT850 Premium luxury touring tire line to include sizes specifically developed for crossover vehicles.
- 2009-09-02 New Michelin LTX M/S2 Tire Offers an Exceptional Combination of Performances for Light Trucks and Suvs
The tire industry's best light truck tire just got better. Michelin announced the introduction of the new MICHELIN LTX M/S2 tire for light trucks and SUVs, offering significant improvements in safety, longevity and fuel efficiency.
- 2009-09-03 Pirelli recalls certain P Zero Corsa tires
Pirelli Tire North America Inc. is recalling certain Pirelli P Zero Corsa tires that were made between June 2007 and July 2009.
- 2009-09-04 Toyo Releases R-Compound Tire for Nissan GT-R
Toyo Tire U.S.A. Corp. introduced two new 20-inch sizes in the Toyo Proxes R888, making them the first to offer R-compound tires for the new Nissan GT-R.
- 2009-09-07 Michelin at the 63rd Frankfurt International Motor Show
At the 63rd Frankfurt Motor Show, Michelin is introducing three innovative products for automobiles — the Michelin Energy™ Saver, the Michelin concept tire for electric vehicles and the Michelin Active Wheel.
- 2009-09-09 Amtel restructuring — again
Russian tire maker Amtel Vredestein N.V. is dropping Vredestein from its name, has appointed a single-member board and approved a set of proposals for financial restructuring.
- 2009-09-10 Hankook Tire Invests 230 million euros in Hungary Factory
The newly expanded tyre factory, will feature run-flat tyre productio equipment
- 2009-09-10 Offset fuel duty rise with correct tyre inflation
Hauliers, fleet operators and private motorists are being reminded that not only can they stay safe on the road but they can also reduce the impact of the recent fuel duty rise by keeping their tyres correctly inflated.
- 2009-09-11 Schaeffler to Propose Prof Dr Ing Reitzle as Conti Supervisory Chair
Continental AG announced today that the major shareholder, Schaeffler KG, will propose Professor Dr Ing Wolfgang Reitzle as the new chairman of the supervisory board, if he is appointed to the board of Continental AG.
- 2009-09-14 President Sides With USW, Sets New China Duties
The Obama Administration came down strongly on the side of labor yesterday when it agreed to place heavy additional duties on passenger tires imported from China.
- 2009-09-14 Continental gets Best Buy award in Auto Express tyre tests
Continental has been awarded first place in the annual tyre test by leading motoring magazine Auto Express.
- 2009-09-14 Brazil Imposes Tax On Chinese Tyres
The Brazilian Chamber of Foreign Commerce has imposed an additional tax of US$ 0.75 on each kilo of tyres imported from China.
- 2009-09-15 TIA 'deeply disappointed' by tariff decision
The Tire Industry Association (TIA) says it is "deeply disappointed" with President Obama's decision to levy punitive tariffs on certain passenger and light truck tire imports from China.
- 2009-09-15 China to probe U.S. auto parts for alleged dumping
The Ministry of Commerce of the People’s Republic of China has launched anti-dumping and anti-subsidy investigations of auto parts imported to China from the U.S.
- 2009-09-16 Goodyear, Bridgestone weigh in on tariff ruling
Goodyear Tire & Rubber Co. and Bridgestone Americas Tire Operations LLC have released official statements on the new Chinese consumer tire import tariffs, which will go into effect Sept. 26, 2009.
- 2009-09-16 Pirelli’s PZero, Cinturato Display "Green Heart", "Performing Soul" in Frankfurt
Pirelli is promoting its ecological and performance credentials at the Frankfurt Motor Show, where its tyres are paired up with some of the leading lights in high-performance automotive engineering.
- 2009-09-16 Apollo Gains Mitsubishi OE in India
Apollo has won an OE fitment with Mitsubishi in India.
- 2009-09-17 Kumho Shows Laser Tread Etching Kit in Frankfurt
Kumho has been exhibiting examples of its brand new laser etching process at the Frankfurt Motor Show (15-27 September).
- 2009-09-17 Goodyear tires selected for 2010 Ford Taurus
Ford Motor Co. has selected a variety of Goodyear tires as original equipment fitments for the 2010 Ford Taurus.
- 2009-09-18 Nokian Tyres Offer Slush-Planing Protection
Nokian has introduced new sizes of two "green" high performance winter tyres, which the company says are its safest yet – the WR G2 and, for SUVs, the WR G2 SUV.
- 2009-09-19 Michelin evaluating Asian expansion
Michelin is contemplating the need for an acquisition or acquisitions in Asia in the future to carry out its growth strategy for the region, Michelin executives told a gathering analysts in Frankfurt this week.
- 2009-09-18 Bridgestone unveils ECOPIA EP150 eco-friendly tyre
New low rolling resistance tyre combines high-level wet safety with lower fuel consumption and CO2 emissions
- 2009-09-19 Cooper raising prices on most consumer tire lines
Cooper Tire & Rubber Co., reacting to the pending increase in tariffs on consumer tires from China, is raising prices on most of its passenger and light truck tire lines by up to 12 percent.
- 2009-09-21 Kumho raises prices because of tariffs
Kumho Tire U.S.A. Corp. is raising tire prices as a result of market pressures created by the recent increased tariff on Chinese consumer tire imports.
- 2009-09-22 Federal та Hero Tires разом розробили технологію виробництва шин без застосування високоароматичних олій
Відтепер шини бренду Federal матимуть спеціальне маркування, яке свідчитиме про відсутність шкідливих високоароматичних олій у складі гумової суміші.
- 2009-09-22 Marangoni Gears up for Winter
The Marangoni Group research centre is located in Rovereto, Italy, at the foot of the Alps, where snow covered and icy roads plus below-zero temperatures are normal for many weeks of the year.
- 2009-09-22 Goodyear Going Shopping For TC Debica Shares
Debica produced its first tyre seventy years ago and has been partially owned by Goodyear since 1995
- 2009-09-23 Cooper Tire to Expand Mississippi Plant
COOPER TIRE & RUBBER COMPANY held an official groundbreaking ceremony today for its facility expansion project in Tupelo, Miss.
- 2009-09-23 Goodyear CEO Sees Innovation as Key to Future Prosperity
Cites responsiveness, speed and commitment as ingredients for success
- 2009-09-24 Toyo to shift Chinese tire output to Japan
Toyo Tire & Rubber Co. Ltd. will move production of consumer tires it makes in China for export to the U.S. to plants in Japan in response to the Obama administration’s decision to impose higher tariffs on Chinese-made passenger and light truck tires.
- 2009-09-24 Titan International Inc. Signs Letter of Intent with Goodyear Tire & Rubber Co.
Titan International Inc. announces today that it has signed a letter of intent with The Goodyear Tire & Rubber Company to purchase certain farm tire assets, including the Goodyear Dunlop Tires France (GDTF) Amiens North factory.
- 2009-09-25 Michelin starts to 'ramp down' in Opelika
Michelin North America Inc. will lay off 350 employees at its Opelika, Ala., plant on Oct. 2 as part of "ramp-down activities" at the factory, according to Michelin officials.
- 2009-09-25 Yokohama Rubber Establishes Yokohama Mold to Manufacture and Sell Tire Molds
The Yokohama Rubber Co., Ltd., today announced that it established Yokohama Mold Co., Ltd., a company manufacturing and selling tire molds, by acquiring the tire mold manufacturing business of Hashiba Tire Mold Inc., in July this year.
- 2009-09-28 Analysts Predict Michelin to Benefit Most from Market Recovery
Financial analysts are predicting that Michelin will benefit most from a margin recovery effect set to hit premium tyre manufacturers in 2010.
- 2009-09-28 Nexen to build 2nd plant in South Korea
Nexen Tire Corp. will invest $843 million over eight years in a passenger and light truck tire plant in South Korea to meet growing demand for fuel-efficient tires.
- 2009-09-29 Yokohama goes ECO
Yokohama is set to change the tyres it supplies to the FIA World Touring Car Championship (WTCC) from next year.
- 2009-09-29 Hankook Confirms it is Considering 6th Tire Plant
When Hankook executives announced details of their plans to expand production at the company’s Dunaujvaros, Hungary, factory earlier in September, the Financial Times reported that either an Indian or Malaysian plant are next on the list.
- 2009-09-30 Falken unveils High Country A/T light truck tire
Falken Tire Corp. has introduced a new light truck tire, the High Country A/T, which fits wheels with 15-inch through 20-inch diameters.
- 2009-09-30 Carlisle Pirelli Workers Given Increase in Hours
Workers at Pirelli’s plant in Carlisle have been given increased hours, according to local newspaper, News & Star, continuing that the Italian manufacturer has lifted its suspension of the ‘guaranteed week’ thanks to a “stabilisation” of orders in the European market.
- 2009-10-01 Toyo to switch US bound tyre production
Toyo Tire is switching the production of passenger car and light commercial vehicle tyres destined for the US market from its plant in China.
- 2009-10-01 Bridgestone Aircraft Radial Tires to be Supplied for Airbus A350 XWB -Newest Structure Tire for Next-generation Passenger Airliner-
Bridgestone Corporation announced today that it has been selected to supply tires for the Airbus A350 XWB (eXtra Wide Body).
- 2009-10-06 Goodyear Launches DT818 High Speed
Goodyear UK and Ireland has launched its DT818 High Speed to the market.
- 2009-10-06 Toyo Tire to increase prices Nov. 1
Toyo Tire U.S.A. Corp. said the company will increase prices on three tire lines by up to five percent, effective Nov. 1, in response to mounting industry costs.
- 2009-10-05 Dunlop Tops Sports Car Tire Test
Goodyear’s Dunlop Direzza Sport Z1 Star Spec ultra-high performance tire was rated tops in a recent test by Sports Car magazine.
- 2009-10-07 The new Nokian Loader Grip 2 – maximum grip for wheel loaders
The new Nokian Loader Grip 2 indulges machine contractors with its relentless grip.
- 2009-10-07 "The Right Tire Changes Everything" Michelin's First Global Advertising Campaign
Today, Michelin is launching its first global advertising campaign. The new campaign’s theme – "The right tire changes everything" – is intended to illustrate the competitive advantages of Michelin® tires in media outlets around the world.
- 2009-10-07 Original Equipment on Toyota Prius
Toyo Tire Europe GmbH are proud to announce that Toyota have chosen TOYO TIRES for fitment to the new, third generation Toyota Prius.
- 2009-10-08 Michelin Fairs Well in Consumer Reports Tests
The X-Ice XI2 was top for winter tyres.
- 2009-10-08 Kumho Delays US Facility
Local NBC reports in Georgia, USA say that Kumho is to delay the building of its tyre manufacturing plant in the state’s Bibb County.
- 2009-10-09 RainSport 2 scoops Which? award
The RainSport 2 has been named Which? Best Buy in the consumer association’s most recent tyre test.
- 2009-10-09 Continental tops in tyres test
In the winter tyre tests carried out by the experts from German magazines 'AutoBild' and 'Auto Zeitung' the ContiWinterContact TS 830 achieved the top ratings 'exemplary' and 'highly recommended'.
- 2009-10-10 GITI introduces long-haul medium truck tire
GITI Tire (USA) Ltd. has introduced a new long-haul medium truck tire, the GT669+, which is available in four sizes: 295/75R22.5, 11R22.5, 285/75R24.5 and 11R24.5.
- 2009-10-09 Dunlop's 4th Generation Runflat Tires
"Thermal Control Technology" Enhances Ride Comfort to Be Same as or Better than Standard Tires
- 2009-10-12 Hankook Tire to invest in its Hungary plant for additional production capacity
- EUR 230 million investment into additional facilities at Hungary plant
- Plans for ten million tires per year production capacity by 2011
- Demonstrates stronger focus on European market
- 2009-10-12 New Regional Drive Tire from Continental
- HDR1® Uses Continental’s Expertise in Regional Applications
- Open Shoulder Increases Traction
- Tire Features Irregular Wear Resistance and Long Mileage
- 2009-10-13 Cooper Launches UK-Designed UHP 4x4/SUV Tyre
The first in Cooper’s 4x4 product portfolio to be developed outside the USA, the Zeon 4XS, says the American manufacturer, has been designed specifically to meet the demands of European 4x4 vehicles on European roads.
- 2009-10-15 Pirelli will raise prices due to tariffs
Pirelli Tire North America Inc. (PTNA) is raising prices on its P4 Four Seasons and Cinturato P5 tires by 10% "as a result of market pressures by the recent tariff on Chinese consumer tire imports, as well as an increase in rubber and raw material costs," according to Pirelli officials.
- 2009-10-15 The MICHELIN Agilis X-ICE NORTH
Enhancing the mobility of utility van drivers in the most challenging winter driving conditions.
- 2009-10-16 Bridgestone OE on Mercedes-Benz S Class hybrid in Japan
Bridgestone has started supplying Potenza RE050 Ecopia tyres as standard equipment for the Mercedes-Benz S-Class hybrid long – the first imported hybrid vehicle to hit Japan’s roads.
- 2009-10-16 Michelin will continue Green X Challenge in 2010
Michelin North America Inc. will continue its support of the Michelin Green X Challenge—an American Le Mans Series competition tied to fuel efficiency—during the 2010 ALMS season.
- 2009-10-23 Audi S6 from Eibach with AEZ Lascar
Even in the rain the Audi S6 from Eibach and the AEZ Lascar are superb eye-catchers
- 2009-10-23 Goodyear tops Auto Express tyre test
Goodyear’s Excellence High Performance tyre for small SUVs has come out on top in a series of tyre tests conducted by Auto Express magazine.
- 2009-11-06 Toyo Proxes OE for Audi S6
Audi has chosen Toyo’s Proxes T1-AO as an original equipment fitment on its latest model S6.
- 2009-11-11 FALKEN TIRE ANNOUNCES THE RELEASE OF THE NEW AZENIS RT615-K TIRE
Falken Tire is proud to announce the launch of the new Azenis RT615-K.
- 2009-11-12 BFGoodrich unveils new tyre
BFGoodrich has unveiled its new tyre for off-road enthusiasts – the Mud-Terrain T/A KM2.
- 2009-11-12 Milan Show: Pirelli launch Diablo Rosso Corsa
Last night Pirelli launched their latest road/track tyre replacing the outgoing Corsa III, the Diablo Rosso Corsa.
- 2009-11-13 Cooper Tire launches first UHP 4x4/SUV product
Cooper Tire’s first ever premium UHP 4x4/SUV tyre, the Cooper Zeon 4XS, has been uveiled.
- 2009-11-16 Bridgestone Building Up Indian Business
Bridgestone Corp. is looking to take a 30% share of the Indian tire market, and is reportedly ramping up passenger tire production and settling distribution to meet the fast growing market.
- 2009-11-17 Pirelli touts Scorpion Verde’s green performance
Pirelli Tire North America Inc. unveiled the Scorpion Verde All Season tire at the Specialty Equipment Market Association show, touting it as a green performance tire designed specifically for SUVs, crossovers and light trucks.
- 2009-11-20 Worn tyre warning
As further evidence emerges that motorists are delaying the replacement of worn or defective tyres, drivers who are looking to save money may be tempted to purchase part-worn or second-hand tyres.
- 2009-11-23 Goodyear Assurance Fuel Max Tires Selected for 2010 Toyota Prius
The 2010 Toyota Prius, with its excellent fuel economy and low emissions, now comes standard with Goodyear’s new fuel-efficient tire, Assurance Fuel Max.
- 2009-11-23 Vredestein introduces “Premium Styling by Vredestein” at the Essen Motorshow
Vredestein introduces the new concept: Premium Styling by Vredestein at the Essen Motorshow (28.11- 6.12- 2009).
- 2009-11-24 Pirelli eyes 2nd option in Russia
Pirelli Tyre S.p.A.’s plans for Russia may include buying an existing factory in addition to building a plant, according to Pirelli Tyre CEO Francesco Gori.
- 2009-11-24 Bridgestone to Cease Tire Supply to the FIA Formula One World Championship
Bridgestone Corporation (Bridgestone) announced that it will not enter into a new tire supply contract with the FIA Formula One World Championship (F1) series; the current contract is set to expire at the end of the 2010 season.
- 2009-11-23 Next-Generation Eco Tire Technology "AIRTEX Advanced Liner" is Released
Reduces Air Leakage, Further Cutting Fuel Consumption
- 2009-11-25 Cooper Tire Increases Capacity at Findlay, Ohio Tire Plant
Cooper Tire & Rubber Company (NYSE: CTB) today announced that it is adding capacity at its Findlay, Ohio, tire plant with an additional $10 million investment in automation, cost improvements and retooling to support market trends.
- 2009-11-25 Goodyear wins honors from Popular Science
The Goodyear Assurance Fuel Max tire has been named to Popular Science magazine's 2009 "Best of What's New" list in the Automotive Technology category.
- 2009-11-26 NEC Show: Avon Tyres to release new Storm 2 Ultra
Avon Tyres will release a successor to the phenomenally popular Storm ST family of sports-touring tyres at this year's NEC Show, later this week.
- 2009-11-26 AirBlade and Yacht: innovative designs from AEZ for 2010
Stylish novelties from AEZ for 2010
- 2009-11-27 ALCAR HYBRIDRAD
Steel Design perfection - this steel wheel is a new way!
- 2009-11-27 DEZENT RG dark and DEZENT RI dark – dark novelties from Dezent for 2010
A new presence of the classical designs.
- 2009-12-01 New Battlax BT-023: a "full spec" sport touring tyre
Bridgestone has developed the new Battlax BT-023 tyre for consistent high-level performance in both touring and sport riding.
- 2009-12-01 Dunlop to introduce new record-breaking SP QuattroMaxx
Dunlop has announced a brand new tyre for high performance Sport Utility Vehicles (SUV).
- 2009-12-02 Bridgestone Americas Tire Operations, LLC Announces Consumer Tire Price Increases
Bridgestone Americas Tire Operations, LLC (BATO) has announced price increases on the company’s Bridgestone, Firestone and associate brand consumer tires.
- 2009-12-03 Yokohama to raise tire prices
Yokohama Tire Corp. is boosting prices on its consumer tires by up to 6 percent, effective Jan. 1.
- 2009-12-03 Conti to raise prices Jan. 1
Continental Tire North America Inc. is raising prices up to 5 percent on all Continental, General and proprietary brand passenger and light truck tires in the U.S., effective Jan. 1.
- 2009-12-03 Bridgestone Innovative 3rd Generation Run-Flat Technology Featured As Original Equipment On Toyota’s New Sienna Minivan
Bridgestone Americas Tire Operations (BATO) is pleased to announce that its Turanza EL400 Run-Flat tires featuring the company’s latest “3G RFT” technology will be fitted as standard equipment on select models of Toyota’s new 2011 Sienna minivan.
- 2009-12-04 Continental Launches ContiSportContact 5 P UHP, Tuning Tyre
Continental has announced the availability of its new tyre for high performance sports cars, the ContiSportContact 5 P.
- 2009-12-04 Pirelli, JV partner to buy Russian tire plant
Pirelli & C. S.p.A. and Russian Technologies State Corp. are enlarging the scope of their 13-month-old cooperation agreement to include the acquisition of an existing Russian tire plant.
- 2009-12-05 Pirelli will raise prices up to 4.5%
Due to escalating raw material costs, Pirelli Tire LLC will increase prices up to 4.5% on all passenger and light truck tires -- excluding its P4/P5 touring lines.
- 2009-12-04 NEW RIAL ROMA
RIAL is extending its big offer of attractive alloy wheel rims with yet another shining star. We’re talking about the new ROMA.
- 2009-12-04 Yokohama AVID® ENVigor™
Yokohama Tire Corporation Introduces the All-New AVID® ENVigor™, a ‘Grand Performance’ Tire. Available in U.S. in 2010 in 69 Sizes
- 2009-12-09 Yokohama’s Super E-spec tyres
Yokohama is going green with its Super E-spec high performance tyre range.
- 2009-12-11 Apollo sets up global marketing structure
Apollo Tyres Ltd is establishing a new global marketing structure under the supervision of Marc Luyten, who previously headed up Vredestein’s marketing and sales division.
- 2009-12-11 Goodyear EfficientGrip to be on Renault Electric
When the Fluence Z.E. enters series production, it will roll out of the factory on Goodyear’s EfficientGrip.
- 2009-12-11 山大王 creates deep impression in COC
The 2009 China Cross Country Circuit Championship (COC) held at Chenzhou on 23rd November 2009 has special significance as it marked the introduction of Giti Tire new 4x4 competition tire, GitiCompete 4x4 Extreme 1 or 山大王.
- 2009-12-14 Nokian will raise prices 3% to 6%
Nokian Tyres Inc. will raise prices on all of its products from 3% to 6%, effective Jan. 11, due to rising raw material and other costs.
- 2009-12-14 Trelleborg to cede Galaxy rights to Alliance
Trelleborg Wheel Systems S.p.A. will stop distributing Galaxy-brand off-the-road tires in Europe as a result of Alliance Tire Group’s purchase of worldwide rights to the Galaxy brand from GPX International Inc., spokespersons for Trelleborg and Alliance said.
- 2009-12-15 Kumho strikes Mercedes-Benz truck deal
Kumho has struck a deal with Mercedes-Benz to supply truck tyres for the company’s heavy duty Actros truck.
- 2009-12-16 All Change in UK Commercial Vehicle Tyre Market 2009
How do this year's truck tyre figures stack up?
- 2009-12-17 Falken Tire Launches New Social Media Efforts
Falken Tire is proud to announce the launch of its new social media marketing efforts on the web. Utilizing freely available social media outlets such as FaceBook and Twitter, it is Falken Tire's goal to reach the already dedicated Falken fans and educate and inspire them to spread the word about the Falken Brand virally.
- 2009-12-17 Pirelli, Dunlop roll out ‘greener’ race tires
Pirelli Competizioni and Dunlop Motorsports both will be offering “greener” race tires this coming season, having converted their respective race tire production to more environmentally friendly processes.
- 2009-12-18 Hakkapeliitta admitted to the List of Trademarks with a Reputation
The National Board of Patents and Registration of Finland (NBPR) admitted Nokian Tyres’ trademark "Hakkapeliitta" to its List of Trademarks with a Reputation.
- 2009-12-18 Eib and Pirelli: financing agreement for 50 mln Euros signed to increase tyre production in Romania
The European Investment Bank (EIB) and Pirelli have signed a financing agreement for EUR 50 million today.
- 2009-12-22 Michelin increasing tire prices
Michelin North America Inc. has become the 10th tire maker to announce plans for a price increase.
- 2009-12-23 CTNA will hike truck tire prices up to 8%
Continental Tire North America Inc. (CTNA) will raise prices on its Continental, General and Ameristeel brand medium truck tires up to 8% on Feb. 1.
- 2009-12-23 Avoid snow disruption by checking tyre tread
Without adequate tread depth in the snow, drivers may lose traction and find they are unable to steer, brake or accelerate properly.
- 2009-12-24 Conti HTL1 truck tire is SmartWay approved
A fourth Continental truck tire, the HTL1 wide-based trailer tire, has been approved by the EPA for inclusion in their SmartWay Transport Partnership list.
- 2009-12-30 Yokohama Teams With Toyota on OE Fitments
The 2010 Toyota Prius and the 2010 Toyota 4Runner are the latest additions to Yokohama Tire Corp.’s growing OE portfolio.
- 2010-01-04 Sumitomo introduces HTR A/S P01
Sumitomo Tire is introducing a new high performance all-season tire, the HTR A/S P01.
- 2010-01-06 Analysts Predict Strong Winter Tyre Season
Winter tyres represent a high 20 per cent of the European tyre replacement market (around 50 million units).
- 2010-01-09 Goodyear Tire is Fitment Choice for Toyota Sienna XLE
The 2011 Toyota Sienna, recently unveiled as an all-new, third-generation model, will be outfitted with Goodyear tires on the premium XLE version.
- 2010-01-09 Toyota Selects Dunlop Tires for 2011 Sienna SE
The sporty SE edition of the all-new, third-generation Toyota Sienna will appear with Dunlop tires when the 2011 model hits showrooms in February 2010.
- 2010-01-11 Falken delivers new Sincera SN211: standard bearer of stylish, touring performance tire
Falken Tire has released to dealers its new high mileage performance touring tire, the Sincera SN211.
- 2010-01-11 Test winner’s big brother performs convincingly on and off the road
Nokian Hakkapeliitta 7 SUV – firm grip, excellent durability
- 2010-01-12 Michelin Unveils Its First Prototype Tire For Electric Vehicles
A special power train requires a special tire. That's the philosophy embraced by MICHELIN when designing its original concept tire for electric vehicles.
- 2010-01-12 Vredestein and Carlsson announce cooperation
Cooperation perfectly fits in with the "Premium Styling by Vredestein" concept
- 2010-01-13 Bridgestone introduces Advanced Deflection
Bridgestone Americas Agricultural Group has introduced its new Advanced Deflection Design (AD 2) technology for Firestone brand farm tires. The technology allows for greater sidewall flexibility.
- 2010-01-13 AEZ Wintershooting
AEZ plays to the gallery
Winterly photo shoot on the Semmering, Austria
- 2010-01-14 Michael is driving with OZ wheels, watch this pic!
Michael Schumacher has begun preparations for the new Formula One season by getting behind the wheel of a GP2 car.
- 2010-01-15 Michelin announces the end of production at Ota in Japan
On January 15th, 2010, Michelin announced plans to end tire production at Ota in Japan in July 2010.
- 2010-01-18 Price Hike Coming from Titan
Titan Tire is increasing prices on its ag and OTR tires, effective Mar. 1.
- 2010-01-20 Bridgestone wins first Citroën fitments
Bridgestone Potenza RE050A tyre on new Citroën DS3 3-door hatchback
- 2010-01-21 The World's Most Expensive Set of Passenger Car Tyres
Have you got a spare £23,500 lying around in your bank? You do?! Fantastic! That means you have exactly the right amount of cash needed to buy the world’s most expensive passenger car tyres.
- 2010-01-22 Michelin to invest $1 billion in China tire plant
Michelin said it will invest $1 billion in China during the next two to three years to build a passenger and truck tire plant in Shenyang that will double its annual capacity in China.
- 2010-01-22 GMC and Cadillac Concept Vehicles Debuted With Bridgestone Customs at NAIAS
GMC Granite wins best concept award fitted in Dueler™ tires
- 2010-01-22 Avon goes Eco-friendly
Avon Tyres is now utilising 'eco-friendly' or 'clean oil' in the manufacture of its tyres.
- 2010-01-23 Yokohama HPT: New ADVAN Neova AD08 Tyre Available on UK Market
The UK distributor for Yokohama tyres, Yokohama HPT, has announced that the latest high performance product from the Japanese manufacturer, the ADVAN Neova AD08, will be available in the UK from March.
- 2010-01-22 GMC and Cadillac Concept Vehicles Debuted With Bridgestone Customs at NAIAS
GMC Granite wins best concept award fitted in Dueler™ tires
- 2010-01-25 Kumho introduces four medium truck tires
Four medium truck tires will be introduced by Kumho Tire U.S.A. Inc. in 2010. One is the KMA02, a wide-base, on/off-road mixed service tire.
- 2010-01-25 Kumho introduces four passenger tires to dealers
Kumho Tire U.S.A. Inc. introduced four new tires at its annual dealer sales conference. Three of the tires are "green" tires formulated with environmentally friendly compounds.
- 2010-01-28 Hankook to showcase two new products : Ventus R-s3 and Optimo H426
Hankook Tire plans to unveil two new products for the very first time through Tokyo Auto Salon.
- 2010-01-29 Bridgestone introduces Blizzak WS70
The Bridgestone Blizzak brand name continues to have legs. Twenty-two years after the winter tire was first introduced in Japan, Bridgestone Americas Tire Operations is introducing the latest incarnation: the Blizzak WS70.
- 2010-01-29 Yokohama adds 10 sizes to AVID TRZ line
Yokohama Tire Corp. has added 10 sizes to its AVID TRZ all-season touring tire. All of the sizes are H-rated.
- 2010-01-29 Toyo Releases First 20" Track Day Tyre for Nissan R35 GTR
Toyo Tires have developed a specific fitment tailored to the needs of the Nissan R35 GTR.
- 2010-01-29 DOCKER batteries
In 2010 “AIS-Avtozapchastyny” company will broaden its range of products with own-branded DOCKER batteries.
- 2010-02-02 THE LIGHTEST DUAL-COMPOUND SPORT TYRE EVER DESIGNED
MICHELIN Power Pure is revolutionary on more than one account: to begin with, it marks the introduction of the latest-generation MICHELIN 2CT dual-compound technology.
- 2010-02-02 Hankook expanding Jiaxing, China, plant
Hankook Tire Co. Ltd is investing $82 million this year at its plant in Jiaxing, China, to boost capacity for car and light truck tires by 2.1 million units.
- 2010-02-03 Hankook posts record global, N. Am. sales
Hankook Tire America Corp. and its South Korean parent Hankook Tire Co. Ltd. bucked the industry sales trend in 2009, and in a good way.
- 2010-02-04 Launch of the new ContiRoadAttack 2:
- Compound technology provides even more grip on wet roads
- Continental Traction Skin Technology for safety
- New design means greater dynamics
- 2010-02-04 Goodyear rolls out new medium truck tires
Goodyear Tire & Rubber Co. introduced several medium truck tires for a wide variety of applications at its recent dealer conference in Orlando, Fla., including a line of SmartWay-approved Dunlop long-haul tires.
- 2010-02-08 Newest Eagle Flying With Newest Vette
Goodyear’s newest ultra-high performance tire – the Eagle F1 SuperCar G:2 – has been tapped as OE for the 2011 Chevrolet Corvette Z06.
- 2010-02-09 TM Import-Export to Display Reusable "Tire Glove" at Sema
Montreal company, TM Import-Export has a new product designed to address the widely-accepted disposable plastic bag problem in terms of tyres.
- 2010-02-09 Tire Technology Expo 2010
Now in its tenth year, Tire Technology Expo is Europe's leading international Tire Design and Tire Manufacturing Exhibition and Conference.
- 2010-02-11 Bridgestone Motorsport announces 2010 F1 tyre specifications
2010 Formula One Tyre Specifications
- 2010-02-12 Goodyear's UHP Eagle Chosen for 2011 Mustang
The 2011 Ford Mustang Shelby GT500 with Optional Performance Package will ride on Goodyear Eagle F1 SuperCar G:2 tires as standard fitment, the tiremaker announced.
- 2010-02-12 The all-new Brillantis 2 from Barum:
Brillantis 2 - new safe and economical tyre for compact cars now available.
- 2010-02-12 New Generation Bridgestone Brand Ecopia Tires Debut At The Chicago Auto Show
New eco-savvy tire is Bridgestone’s first for SUVs
- 2010-02-13 Michelin Launch the Michelin Pilot Sport 3
So, one of our all time favourite tyres, and arguably the tyre that first got us into rubber has had a facelift!
- 2010-02-16 Sparco wheels, Racing passion
Out of the partnership between two famous brands like OZ and SPARCO springs a new collection of automotive wheels.
- 2010-02-17 Bridgestone launches new steer tyres to meet stricter emission standards
Higher load capacity for new R249 EVO and R297 EVO without sacrificing safety and cost efficiency
- 2010-02-25 Yokohama Rubber releases "C.drive2," a new high-performance eco tire for family cars in all classes, from small to large
The Yokohama Rubber Co., Ltd., has announced that it will release C.drive2, a new high-performance eco tire in its ".drive" series, in Europe in March 2010.
- 2010-03-01 Dunlop Aircraft Tyres makes acquisition
Birmingham-based Dunlop Aircraft Tyres has strengthened its position in the global aircraft tyre marketplace with a major acquisition.
- 2010-03-01 Continental Tyres "Highly Recommended" in Recent Tests
Continental’s ContiSportContact 3 and ContiPremiumContact 2 tyres have recently been the subject of a number of tests by some of the leading motoring organisations in Switzerland, Austria and Germany.
- 2010-03-02 Cooper launches winter range for SUVs, crossovers
Cooper Tire & Rubber Co. launched a winter tire designed for sport-utility and crossover vehicles during a winter tire ride-and-drive for dealers and the media in Sault Ste. Marie.
- 2010-03-02 Toyo rolls out Versado CUV luxury tire
Toyo Tire U.S.A. Corp. has added a crossover vehicle tire, the Versado CUV, to its Versado luxury tire line. The tire is available in 25 sizes, ranging from 17 inches to 20 inches in diameter.
- 2010-03-02 Top 4x4 Tyre Manufacturers Named
On the back of the UK’s worst winter for decades and the important role that many SUV and 4x4’s drivers played during those times, the top 4x4 tyre manufactures were recently named.
- 2010-03-03 Pirelli and Lamborghini together again – the new PZero Corsa System for the Gallardo LP 570-4 Superleggera
World premiere of the new tyre in the PZero line at the 80th annual Show
- 2010-03-04 Bridgestone wins new Mercedes-Benz fitments with ECOPIA tyres
Challenging fuel efficiency targets have been achieved by Mercedes-Benz using Bridgestone ECOPIA technology.
- 2010-03-04 Continental launches new super sports tyre ContiSportContact 5 P
- Vehicle manufacturers' approvals already obtained before market launch
- Short braking distances and safe handling for driving up to the limit
- Front and rear axle version for more grip and improved handling
- 2010-03-05 Pirelli to focus on its own plans for Russia
Pirelli Tyre S.p.A. has abandoned plans to buy a tire plant in Russia or to work with a brownfield facility and instead will proceed with plans to build a factory there, according to Pirelli Tyre CEO Francesco Gori.
- 2010-03-05 Apollo to expand Vredestein plant
India’s Apollo Tyres Ltd. is scrapping plans for its own tire plant in Europe and instead will double capacity at the Vredestein Banden factory in Enschede, Netherlands, it acquired last year.
- 2010-03-05 Nokian H "very recommendable" in ADAC tyre test
"Very recommendable" is the Nokian H according to the "ADAC judgement" in the latest summer tyre test of the German automobile association ADAC.
- 2010-03-09 Pirelli: "Green" tire products awarded for lower fuel consumption combined with greater safety and high performance
Two tires in Pirelli’s "Green" line win the most severe European tests, those run by the German automobile club (ADAC), with the Swiss Touring Club and Austria’s automobile club on 36 products of different brands.
- 2010-03-10 High Mileage and Eco-Friendly from Kumho Tire USA
As the first offering in a series of eco-friendly products from Kumho Tire for the U.S. marketplace, the eco Solus HM is formulated to be less impactful on the environment while delivering exceptional performance.
- 2010-03-10 Top results for Bridgestone in European tyre tests
New Turanza ER300 ECOPIA excels with ideal balance between safety and fuel efficiency
- 2010-03-11 New Generation Michelin Alpin Available H1 2010
The fourth generation of Michelin’s Alpin cold weather tyre is ready, and the French manufacturer states it will be introduced into European replacement markets during the first half of 2010 in "all regions where winter roads are generally wet – around 80 per cent of the time – and less often icy or snow-covered."
- 2010-03-11 Falken releases newest generation of AZENIS, the RT-615K, with new high performance compound
With the goal to make a superior product even better, Falken Tire Corporation has introduced the latest generation of one of its strongest high performance brands, the Azenis RT-615K.
- 2010-03-12 Hankook Ventus S1 evo further convinces in Tests of Automotive Magazines
- German automotive magazine for VW and Audi vehicles rates Hankook flagship with best marks on wet and dry
- Ventus S1 evo also recommended by European automotive clubs
- Convinces in categories mileage and rolling resistance
- 2010-03-15 Longer tyre life and quieter running with Avon's new ZT5
Avon Tyres’ latest high-performance tyre, the ZT5, caters for a wide range of popular small, medium-sized vehicles, such as the Ford Fiesta, Volkswagen Polo, Vauxhall Corsa, Citroen C3 and Peugeot 207.
- 2010-03-15 Dunlop presents three novelties: Trailmax TR91, Sportmax SportSmart and Geomax MX71
Adventure lies at the heart of motorcycling. For some, adventure means exploring the limits of adhesion on a track. For others, it means exploring geographical limits and travelling beyond open roads.
- 2010-03-16 Hankook Radial RA14 Wins Test Performed by Europe’s Biggest RV Trade Magazine
- Promobil magazine names Hankook light truck tyre as test winner
- Top marks for braking, handling, and hydroplaning on wet surfaces
- Low rolling resistance and good comfort are additional strengths
- 2010-03-17 Kumho now OE on Mercedes-Benz Sprinter
Kumho has confirmed that it is supplying its Radial 857 light commercial vehicle tyre in size 235/65 R16C 115/113R as original equipment for the Mercedes-Benz Sprinter.
- 2010-03-17 NAD recommends changes in Michelin ads; Michelin will appeal
Michelin North America Inc. should change or discontinue certain advertising claims it makes for its HydroEdge tire, according to the National Advertising Division of the Council of Better Business Bureaus.
- 2010-03-18 DOTZ Brand Receives ‘Highly Commended’ In 2010 Fast Car Awards
DOTZ, the respected European wheel manufacturer has just received ‘Highly Commended’ in the in 2010 Fast Car Awards.
- 2010-03-18 OZ ready for the new F1 season
OZ will be technical parner of Renault, RedBull, BMW Sauber
- 2010-03-22 Maxxis gets OE fitment on Nissan global compact car
Taiwan’s Maxxis International/Cheng Shin Rubber Co. Ltd.’s Maxxis brand tires will be original equipment on the new version of Nissan Motor Co. Ltd.’s global compact car, the March.
- 2010-03-22 SUV tyre Nokian Z SUV "very recommendable" in "Auto Bild allrad" Test
The SUV premium tyre Nokian Z SUV is rated "very recommendable" ("vorbildlich") by the German car magazine "Auto Bild allrad" in its latest SUV summer tyre test.
- 2010-03-23 Yokohama Tire Corporation’s Low Rolling Resistance Tires Help Truckers and the Environment
Eco-sensitive Zenvironment™ line on display at the Mid-America Trucking Show, March 25-27, Louisville, Kentucky, booth 14124
- 2010-03-24 Continental rolls out tire for motor coaches
Continental Tire the Americas LLC is introducing the HSL1 Coacha premium steer and all-position tire for long-distance motor coach use.
- 2010-03-24 Conti’s New Deep Lug Drive Tire Verified by SmartWay
- HDL2 DL Eco Plus is an industry leader at a full inch of tread depth
- Tire meets anticipated changes to SmartWay qualifications for 2010
- Continental now offers five SmartWay verified tires
- 2010-03-24 Foundation Stone Laid at Yokohama’s Russian Plant
On March 23 the governor of Russia’s Lipetsk Oblast region, Oleg Korolyov, participated in a stone laying ceremony for Yokohama’s new tyre factory in the Lipetsk special economic zone.
- 2010-03-26 Michelin rolls out fuel-efficient X One tire
Michelin North America Inc. introduced its Michelin X One XDA Energy tire today, March 25, at the Mid-America Truck Show. Michelin calls the tire its "most fuel-efficient drive tire to date."
- 2010-03-26 Bridgestone adding to value part of Firestone lineup
Bridgestone Americas is adding a mid-range tire line, called Precision, to its Firestone-brand portfolio that will fill a "value" void in the product range and be exclusive to the firm’s independent dealer channel.
- 2010-04-26 Vredestein to Debut UHP Winter Range at Reifen 2010
Apollo Vredestein has announced it will use the Reifen Essen show as a platform to introduce the newest addition to its winter tyre line-up, the Vredestein Wintrac Nextreme.
- 2010-04-27 Key players in global tyre industry announce price increases
The reason is common for all of them - escalating raw material costs.
- 2010-04-29 Porsche picks Michelin for new Cayenne
Groupe Michelin reports that Porsche has selected several new Michelin brand tires for the high-end automobile company's Cayenne model.
- 2010-05-07 Bridgestone Potenza S001 factory fitment on new Audi RS 5
Audi has selected Bridgestone as tyre partner for the dazzling new Audi RS 5 Coupé.
- 2010-05-11 Fastest Road Ferrari to Sport Custom Michelin Rubber
Production of the new Ferrari 599 GTO will be limited to just 599 vehicles, and all of these will be fitted with Michelin super sport tyres specifically designed for this car.
- 2010-05-20 The National SIA’2010 Motor Show will display some new models
The biggest automobile exhibition of the country will take place on May 27 - 30 on the ground of the International Exhibition Centre at LEVOBEREZHNA.
- 2010-05-26 Goodyear will close tire plant in Taiwan and built in USA
Goodyear plans to shut down its Taoyuan, Taiwan, tire production facility to cut costs.
- 2010-05-24 Federal sponsors Nippon Challenge Racing Series
Federal has boosted its European profile by signing up as the official tyre supplier of Nippon Challenge Racing Series in UK.
- 2010-05-27 SMS Mustang 5.0 wears only Pirelli P Zero tires
Renowned race car driver and automotive icon Steve Saleen has entrusted Pirelli P Zero tires to put the power to the ground in his all-new line of 2011 SMS Mustang 302’s.
- 2010-05-28 Michelin OE on Cosworth Impreza
Subaru has selected the recently released Michelin Pilot Sport 3 as the sole OE fitment on its new Cosworth Impreza STI CS400.
- 2010-05-29 Goodyear Adding Retreading Capacity to Wittlich, Germany Plant
In order to address increasing European market demand for passenger car and truck tyres, the Goodyear Dunlop group is increasing production volume at its facility in Wittlich, Germany.
- 2010-05-30 Michelin to launch the 10th Michelin Challenge Bibendum this weekend in Rio de Janeiro
The 10th Michelin Challenge Bibendum will be held this year in Rio de Janeiro, Brazil, from Sunday, May 30 to Thursday, June 3.
- 2010-05-31 VW to build business with Hankook
Volkswagen A.G. has approved Hankook Tire Co. Ltd.’s plant in Racalmas, Hungary, as a supply source for all of VW’s models and brands.
- 2010-06-01 Hankook tests Fiesta S2000 ahead of IRC campaign
Norwegian rally ace Andreas Mikkelsen has just completed the first full test of the Hankook Fiesta S2000 he will drive on selected IRC rounds this year – starting next month in Sardinia.
- 2010-06-01 Apollo to launch Vredestein tyres in India within 12 months
A year after it acquired Dutch company Vredestein, Apollo Tyres today said that it will introduce the premium European tyre brand in the country within the next 12 months.
- 2010-06-01 Hankook tests Fiesta 2000 ahead of Intercontinental Rally Challenge campaign
Norwegian rally ace Andreas Mikkelsen has just completed the first full test of the Hankook Fiesta S2000 he will drive on selected Intercontinental Rally Challenge rounds this year – starting next month in Sardinia.
- 2010-07-05 New special tyre for straddle carriers: Nokian HTS Straddle – effortless stability, extreme wear resistance
With its revolutionary construction, the Nokian HTS Straddle provides straddle carriers with premium durability for their work in harbours and goods terminals.
- 2010-07-07 Machinery Installation Ceremony for Continental's New Tire Plant in Hefei, China
Hefei, China, July 4th, 2010. Continental, one of the leading international automotive suppliers and tire producers worldwide, celebrates on July 4th, 2010, the machinery installation ceremony for its new passenger car tires plant in Hefei.
- 2010-11-03 Continental Matador Rubber: Visit from the Ukraine
In October, Continental Matador Rubber was visited by Vasilij Grigorievic Lesik, Director of MPP Asva, Kiev, Ukraine.
- 2010-11-30 With the new POISON CUP, ALUTEC is fuelling the fire with another rim highlight at this year's Essen
The new CUP version of the POISON from ALUTEC is aimed at larger vehicles and SUVs. Six sizes are available – starting with 8.0 x 18 inch up to 10.0 x 20 inch.
- 2011-02-01 OZ DAVID, from the history of art to the pleasure of driving
The OZ EFFECT reflects the art of the Made in Italy good life. Drawing on the history of Italian art around the world, the newly launched Via Veneto collection, has been enriched with the addition of the DAVID model.
- 2011-03-01 New ‘green’ all season tyre: Vredestein Quatrac Lite
Energy-efficient addition to the Vredestein range In 2007 Vredestein introduced the Quatrac 3, a highly successful all season tyre. Two years later, the tyre became available to Sports Utility Vehicles (SUVs) as the Quatrac 3 SUV. Now Vredestein has unveiled the latest addition to the Quatrac family, the revolutionary Quatrac Lite.
- 2011-03-28 «ROSAVA» company has started the second stage of implementation of international technical specification ISO/TS 16949:2009
«ROSAVA» company has started the second stage of implementation of international technical specification ISO/TS 16949:2009 which is carried out by Citech Ukraine b.v. (the Netherlands).
- 2011-04-26 Tyres of CJSC “ROSAVA” are appreciated by the Ministry of Defense of Syria
“ROSAVA” company has again won a tender held by the Ministry of Defense of Syria.
- 2011-04-28 “ROSAVA” company won a tender of Ministry of Defense of Turkey
The Ukrainian tyre manufacturer won one more tender of Ministry of Defense of Turkey for delivery of TM “ROSAVA” light truck tyres.
- 2011-05-12 CJSC «ROSAVA» is renamed as Private Joint Stock Company «ROSAVA»
According to the decision of a regular general meeting of stockholders of CJSC «ROSAVA», Protocol No.29 from 29.04.2011, Closed Joint Stock Company «ROSAVA» (CJSC «ROSAVA») was renamed as Private Joint Stock Company «ROSAVA» (Private JSC «ROSAVA»).
- 2011-05-19 SIA’2011 Motor Show has prepared brand-news for its visitors
On Wednesday the 25th of May 2011, the major automotive event of the year – Kyiv International SIA’2011 Motor Show commences on the ground of the International Exhibition Centre at 15 Brovarsky Ave., Levoberezhna Underground Station.
- 2011-06-04 Mitas will launch a row-crop tyre line in 2011
Off-road tyre producer Mitas of the CGS Group announced that in 2011 the company will introduce to the worldwide markets a new Mitas-branded range of tyres for use in row-crop agriculture.
- 2011-05-26 «ROSAVA» company has won a tender of Ministry of Internal Affairs of Romania
TM «ROSAVA» WQ winter tyres presented by PJSC «ROSAVA» partners, «Delta Plus» company in Romania were highly estimated not only by owners of Dacia Logan cars of domestic manufacturer, but also by owners of foreign cars thanks to excellent consumer’s characteristics of the tyres and their reasonable price.
- 2011-05-25 “ROSAVA” presents a new tyre model for off-road vehicles
“ROSAVA”, the company with dynamic progress, is permanently designing new tyre models which meet market requirements. Enlarging tyre range for passenger cars, the company designed a new model of all-season tyre 205/70R16 97Т AS-701 for crossovers and off-road vehicles.
- 2011-06-07 Hankook Tire starts to supply tyres for the MINI
Hankook Ultra High Performance Tyres as Original Equipment for the Cooper S All new “Ventus Prime²” deployed for the first time Hankook Tire continues on the road to sustainable growth
- 2011-06-09 Michelin introduces next generation steer tire
A new Michelin steer tire,the XZA3+ Evertread is more than SmartWay-certified. The tire features both low-rolling resistance and long tread wear.
- 2011-07-14 Positive feedback received for Hankook’s e-cube commercial vehicle tyre range
Positive feedback received from many blue chip fleets. Focus on greater fuel efficiency and increased mileage through new technologies. Optimised for economical use in European long-haul transport
- 2011-07-14 Nankang Debuts New Winter Line
Nankang Rubber has launched a new asymmetric winter tire – the ESSN-1
- 2011-07-16 Pirelli responds to harsh winters with ‘01’ additions
In the July 2011 edition of ‘Truck’, Pirelli’s in-house magazine for the commercial vehicle sector, the Italian tyre maker comments that the winter of 2010-11 was one of the most severe in recent memory.
- 2011-07-19 Mitas to change sales network name
Prague 18 July 2011—Over the next three months, the Czech Republic based manufacturer of agricultural, industrial and other off-highway tyres MITAS a.s. will change corporate names of all sales subsidiaries promoting the company’s core tyre brand, Mitas. The company maintains 13 sales subsidiaries, mainly in Europe, and sells tyres in 95 countries and territories world-wide.
- 2011-07-23 Yokohama S. drive OE on Smart Fortwo
Daimler-Smart, manufacturer of the diminutive Smart Fortwo, has granted Yokohama Rubber a third original equipment approval. The Japanese tyre maker has been approved as an original equipment supplier for the current Smart Fortwo and will supply its S. drive AS01 in sizes 175/50R16 77T for the front and 215/40R16 82T for the rear.
- 2011-07-23 Goodyear OE for Mercedes-Benz CLS
Mercedes-Benz has selected the Goodyear Eagle F1 Asymmetric 2 as an original equipment fitment for its new CLS.
- 2011-07-26 Hercules Tires Introduces Crossover Fitments in New Roadtour XUV
With the popularity of the Hercules Roadtour655 tire and that of crossover vehicles, it was only a matter of time before the two crossed paths. Hercules Tires is pleased to announce the addition of the RoadtourXUV to its Roadtour family of all-season tires.
- 2011-03-18 Dunlop SP WinterSport 4D launched
On 14 March Dunlop launched its latest high performance winter tyre – the SP Wintersport 4D – with the frozen lakes of Sweden providing a suitably cold and slippery environment for journalists from across Europe.
- 2011-08-31 Continental Showcasing Tire Concepts for e-Cars and Conventional Cars at the IAA 2011
Conti.eContact with particularly low rolling resistance for e-cars. ContiEcoContact 5 with high fuel saving potential for conventional cars. ContiSportContact 5 with precise handling, short braking distances and lower fuel consumption for sports cars and sedans.
- 2011-09-02 Passion for Innovation: Hankook at the IAA, International Motor Show 2011 in Frankfurt
World premieres: All new High End UHP and EU labelling-ready winter tyres. Electro mobility: New concept tyre to be unveiled. Meet the stars: Autograph signing sessions with football stars and celebrity race drivers.
- 2011-09-02 New Nokian Hakka Blue – Top performance for wet roads
The newest member of the Hakka summer tyre range is a top performer in rainy weather
- 2011-09-02 Financial Performance of Tire Company Dębica S.A. in the first half of 2011
In the first half of 2011 Tire Company Debica S.A. generated sales revenues totaling PLN 1 061.1 million i.e. up by 31 per cent compared to the first half of 2010. Net profit amounting to PLN 43.1 million was up by 75.4 per cent compared to the first half of last year. Revenue growth was possible thanks to higher sales to the related entities from the Goodyear Group, despite continuously growing raw material prices in global markets.
- 2011-09-05 Passion for Innovation: Hankook at the IAA, International Motor Show 2011 in Frankfurt
World premieres: All new High End UHP and EU labelling-ready winter tyres. Electro mobility: New concept tyre to be unveiled. Meet the stars: Autograph signing sessions with football stars and celebrity race drivers.
- 2011-09-06 Continental launches Scooty, Traily and Classic scooter tyres
Continental has released the Scooty, Traily and Classic scooter tyres which will run alongside the current Twist and K62 products in the range. According to the company, all are suitable for front or rear fitment. All three new tyres will be available from mid-September.
- 2011-09-07 Transport + Logistics'2011
The AUTOEXPO Company invites you to take part in the 13th International Transport+Logistics'2011 Trade Exhibition!
- 2011-09-13 Hankook launch the second phase of global advertising campaign
Second phase of advertising set to run across September/October 2011. Campaign has received positive feedback from customers. Success echoed in the TAFF Awards nomination for ‘Industry Advertising Campaign Award’ and ‘AUTOSPOT 2011’ Award by Auto Bild
- 2011-09-13 Blue – Nokian’s answer to northern summer motoring
A new addition has been made to Nokian Tyres’ Hakka summer tyre range. Called the Hakka Blue, this latest product from the Finnish tyre maker is designed with ‘northern’ roads in mind and thus is intended, in Nokian’s own words, to offer “the best possible traction and precise handling for challenging wet roads.”
- 2011-09-19 Pirelli P Zero OE on new Porsche 911
Porsche has fitted the latest version of its 911 model with Pirelli’s P Zero ultra-high-performance (UHP) tyres. Two different compounds of P Zero were specially developed for the new Porsche 911 Carrera which has its world premiere at the Frankfurt Motor Show this week in sizes 245/35 ZR20 front and 295/30 ZR20 rear.
- 2011-10-20 Fulda announces new truck tyre ranges
The German Fulda brand – part of the Goodyear Dunlop group – has announced its new truck tyre ranges; the Fulda Ecocontrol 2 and Fulda Ecoforce 2. The new tyres offer reduced operating costs, thanks to their new design features, according to the company. Respectively for steer and drive axles, the new ranges are for both long and regional haul service as well as in distribution, making them operationally flexible.
- 2011-10-28 Continental - Official Sponsor for UEFA EURO 2012 in Poland and Ukraine as Well as in France in 2016
Step-up in football engagement as communication platform. Expansion of position in Europe’s key markets targeted. Clear differentiation from tyre trade competition thanks to exclusivity.
- 2011-11-03 Live at SEMA: Falken Rolls Out Two New Tires, Announces Dealer Program
Falken Tire is debuting two new tires at its SEMA Show/Global Tire Expo booth: the Azenis FK453, the company's most advanced UHP tire to date, and the WildPeak H/T, a dedicated highway, all-season M+S rated tire
- 2011-11-06 Winter tyres compulsory starting November
Romanian Transport Minister, Anca Boagiu, said on Friday that winter tyres will be compulsory on snowy, icy roads starting 1 November.
- 2011-11-08 Live at SEMA: Nitto Debuts UHP Motivo, Facebook Sweeps
Nitto Tire USA unveiled its new "active all-season UHP tire," the Motivo, at its booth at the SEMA Show/Global Tire Expo. The Motivo, backed by a 60,000-mile limited tread wear warranty, will be available in many 17- through 20-inch sizes with W- or Y-speed ratings.
- 2011-11-10 NEW WHEELS FOR LEXUS AND TOYOTA FROM WSP ITALY
Good news for the owners of the Japanese «luxury» cars Lexus and Toyota!
- 2011-12-07 "ROSAVA" company issued new catalogues of products
"ROSAVA" company together with the advertising agency TM “BrandAxe“ developed new catalogues of tyres for passenger cars, commercial vehicles and agricultural machines.
- 2011-12-21 Hankook Tire rolls its 25 millionth tyre off the production line in Hungary
Hankook Tire’s European manufacturing site is operating at full capacity. Hankook Tire’s “Made in Europe” UHP and OE product portfolio a great success in European markets. Exemplary social investments by Hankook Tire
- 2011-12-27 The new Dotz Crunch will break down any barrier
The onomatopoetic name “crunch” says it all. And if the Dotz Survival 4WD-outfitters call a new six-spoke wheel by that name they certainly don’t refer to the noise caused by a Bentley pulling up on the gravelled path leading to an English manor.
- 2012-01-12 New Michelin Line Promises Safety, Long Life, Fuel Savings
Michelin North America took center stage at the North American International Auto Show in Detroit to launch its new Michelin Defender line, which the tiremaker said was "a significant breakthrough for the standard passenger car tire segment."
- 2012-01-20 Avon Tyres showcases new 3D Ultra sports tyre at EXPO
Avon Tyres will be at this weekend’s Motorcycle Trade EXPO show, where its exciting new sports tyre range – 3D Ultra – will make its debut.
- 2012-01-21 Honouring anniversary workers at Continental Matador Rubber -Thanks for years of work
In late November at Matador Business Centre in Puchov more than 130 employees of Continental Matador Rubber came together with the firm’s managers to celebrate their working and life anniversaries. The invitation has traditionally been extended also to holders of the Jánsky blood donor prize.
- 2012-01-26 Michelin Ups Performance With New Winter Tire
The new Michelin X-Ice Xi3 tire offers improvements in grip and braking on ice and snow compared to its predecessor, the tiremaker said. Michelin launched its all-new X-Ice Xi3 tire, which the company said uses third-generation, winter-grip technology to provide better winter performance than its predecessor.
- 2012-02-01 SUPERSTARS SERIES exclusively on Hankook racing tyres
Hankook to extend its commitment to top European motor racing even further in 2012. Exclusive tyre partnership with the International touring car racing series SUPERSTARS and GTSPRINT. Fast V8 cars now equipped with Hankook Ventus racing tyres.
- 2012-02-18 «Road Books» to appear in Ukraine by May
The Road Book for Euro-2012 will appear in Ukraine in late April. It will contain brief information about road conditions, places where one can stay overnight and have a snack, the same way as about different services in roadside infrastructure.
- 2012-02-19 Continental Comes Top in First Summer Tire Test
New ContiPremiumContact 5 beats 14 competitors to first place in ACE Lenkrad test. Tried and tested Semperit tire triumphs in price/performance comparison. Tried and tested Semperit tire triumphs in price/performance comparison
- 2012-02-20 Continental Cited for Facebook Career Fan Page
Third place standing among German career fan pages in S-Com ranking part of Online Talent Communication study conducted by Potentialpark. Continental expanding social media activities in career area all around the globe.
- 2012-03-07 The new MICHELIN ENERGY E-V tire to equip the RENAULT ZOE in a world first
A new car featuring new technologies and new tires - everything about the Renault ZOE is new, including its MICHELIN ENERGY™ E-V tires. Developed through a four-year research and innovation program conducted jointly by Renault and Michelin, the new, highly energy-efficient tires help increase the car’s overall range.
- 2012-03-07 The New ContiWinterContact TS 850
- Delivery in fall 2012
- Wide range of products for compact and medium-size cars
- Further improvement in driving performance
- 2012-03-06 The company "ROSAVA" resumed the export of passenger car tyres to England
Private JSC «ROSAVA» renewed partnership with the British company ROSS TYRES LTD. In February 2012 the export of tyres produced by «ROSAVA» to the partner from England resumed, in particular, the first shipment of car tyres was done.
- 2012-04-27 The Reifen Show cuts ‘Nu Ice’ for Firenza
As a well established, regular exhibitor at the Reifen exhibition, Singapore based Stamford Tyres will once again be using Europe’s most important tyre show to maximum effect. This year it has secured a larger, 100 square metre stand for itself (hall 2, stand 530), and will introduce a new tyre and a new alloy wheel range.
- 2012-06-29 Conti introduces truck tyre visual alignment indicators
Continental Tyres has introduced new visual alignment indicators (VAI) on two long distance truck tyre sizes; the first time such indicators have become available on truck tyres in Europe. The VAIs aim to show operators incorrect wheel alignment on trucks and trailers more easily and without the use of expensive electronic measuring systems.
- 2012-06-29 Toyo Launching Nanoenergy Zero Line
Toyo Tire & Rubber Co. has launched Nanoenergy Zero, its latest fuel-efficient passenger radial, and part of the tiremaker's new Nanoenergy tire line.
- 2012-06-30 Al-Dobowi launches Eternity brand
Al Dobowi Group present its new Eternity brand during the recent Reifen 2012 show in Essen. Aimed squarely at the European market Eternity is described as “a new tyre brand for a new generation” and will feature both passenger car and truck and bus lines.
- 2012-07-04 Bridgestone launches 2 Ecopia fuel-saving truck tyres
Bridgestone gave its latest two truck tyres – the Ecopia H-Steer 001 and Ecopia H-Drive 001 (in 315/70 R22.5) – their European debut at Reifen 2012. According to the company, these are “the most ecological and economical truck tyres that Bridgestone has ever developed.” As such the two long-haul tyres reportedly deliver are said to offer radically lower rolling resistance, fuel consumption and environmental impact, while maintaining overall levels of tyre performance.
- 2012-07-17 Hankook become an Official Sponsor of the UEFA Europa League
Soccer sponsorship forms an integral part of Hankook’s European marketing strategy. Sponsorship agreement for next three seasons - 2012 to 2015
- 2012-07-19 Michelin tyres have rated A in wet grip since 2010
Back in mid-June, only a short time after manufacturers were able to release their tyre labelling data into the public domain on 30 May, Michelin became the first tyre manufacture to share details of its labelling position across its range with Tyres & Accessories. The details show market leading wet grip has been a key factor in tyre development for years before the introduction of tyre labelling and therefore make for interesting reading.
- 2012-08-13 Continental инвестирует средства в завод по горячему восстановлению грузовых шин
Новые производственны площади в Западной Европе. Усиление ориентации на бизнес по восстановлению шин и стратегию ContiLifeCycle
- 2012-10-03 National distributors sought for Membat brand
Membat describes itself as a young brand, but behind this newcomer to the tyre world stands Spanish fast fitting chain Auto Equip. “We’ve been in the tyre business for 25 years and now we’re taking advantage of the industry knowledge we’ve gained and produced the Membat private brand,” shares Natan Banyeres, international trade manager at Membat. Banyeres told Tyres & Accessories that the Auto Equip network consists of 21 outlets, and the company also distributes tyres. “We are proud of our Spanish heritage but now want to export this and develop a global vision,” he adds.Our phones(044) 592-80-76(098) 606-19-98(066) 354-12-73(063) 061-30-44Ads
- 2009-04-09 Dunlop Wins OE Fitment Contract on Jaguar XFR and XKR