News for 2012
- 2012-01-12 New Michelin Line Promises Safety, Long Life, Fuel Savings
Michelin North America took center stage at the North American International Auto Show in Detroit to launch its new Michelin Defender line, which the tiremaker said was "a significant breakthrough for the standard passenger car tire segment."
- 2012-01-20 Avon Tyres showcases new 3D Ultra sports tyre at EXPO
Avon Tyres will be at this weekend’s Motorcycle Trade EXPO show, where its exciting new sports tyre range – 3D Ultra – will make its debut.
- 2012-01-21 Honouring anniversary workers at Continental Matador Rubber -Thanks for years of work
In late November at Matador Business Centre in Puchov more than 130 employees of Continental Matador Rubber came together with the firm’s managers to celebrate their working and life anniversaries. The invitation has traditionally been extended also to holders of the Jánsky blood donor prize.
- 2012-01-26 Michelin Ups Performance With New Winter Tire
The new Michelin X-Ice Xi3 tire offers improvements in grip and braking on ice and snow compared to its predecessor, the tiremaker said. Michelin launched its all-new X-Ice Xi3 tire, which the company said uses third-generation, winter-grip technology to provide better winter performance than its predecessor.
- 2012-02-01 SUPERSTARS SERIES exclusively on Hankook racing tyres
Hankook to extend its commitment to top European motor racing even further in 2012. Exclusive tyre partnership with the International touring car racing series SUPERSTARS and GTSPRINT. Fast V8 cars now equipped with Hankook Ventus racing tyres.
- 2012-02-18 «Road Books» to appear in Ukraine by May
The Road Book for Euro-2012 will appear in Ukraine in late April. It will contain brief information about road conditions, places where one can stay overnight and have a snack, the same way as about different services in roadside infrastructure.
- 2012-02-19 Continental Comes Top in First Summer Tire Test
New ContiPremiumContact 5 beats 14 competitors to first place in ACE Lenkrad test. Tried and tested Semperit tire triumphs in price/performance comparison. Tried and tested Semperit tire triumphs in price/performance comparison
- 2012-02-20 Continental Cited for Facebook Career Fan Page
Third place standing among German career fan pages in S-Com ranking part of Online Talent Communication study conducted by Potentialpark. Continental expanding social media activities in career area all around the globe.
- 2012-03-07 The new MICHELIN ENERGY E-V tire to equip the RENAULT ZOE in a world first
A new car featuring new technologies and new tires - everything about the Renault ZOE is new, including its MICHELIN ENERGY™ E-V tires. Developed through a four-year research and innovation program conducted jointly by Renault and Michelin, the new, highly energy-efficient tires help increase the car’s overall range.
- 2012-03-07 The New ContiWinterContact TS 850
- Delivery in fall 2012
- Wide range of products for compact and medium-size cars
- Further improvement in driving performance
- 2012-03-06 The company "ROSAVA" resumed the export of passenger car tyres to England
Private JSC «ROSAVA» renewed partnership with the British company ROSS TYRES LTD. In February 2012 the export of tyres produced by «ROSAVA» to the partner from England resumed, in particular, the first shipment of car tyres was done.
- 2012-04-27 The Reifen Show cuts ‘Nu Ice’ for Firenza
As a well established, regular exhibitor at the Reifen exhibition, Singapore based Stamford Tyres will once again be using Europe’s most important tyre show to maximum effect. This year it has secured a larger, 100 square metre stand for itself (hall 2, stand 530), and will introduce a new tyre and a new alloy wheel range.
- 2012-06-29 Conti introduces truck tyre visual alignment indicators
Continental Tyres has introduced new visual alignment indicators (VAI) on two long distance truck tyre sizes; the first time such indicators have become available on truck tyres in Europe. The VAIs aim to show operators incorrect wheel alignment on trucks and trailers more easily and without the use of expensive electronic measuring systems.
- 2012-06-29 Toyo Launching Nanoenergy Zero Line
Toyo Tire & Rubber Co. has launched Nanoenergy Zero, its latest fuel-efficient passenger radial, and part of the tiremaker's new Nanoenergy tire line.
- 2012-06-30 Al-Dobowi launches Eternity brand
Al Dobowi Group present its new Eternity brand during the recent Reifen 2012 show in Essen. Aimed squarely at the European market Eternity is described as “a new tyre brand for a new generation” and will feature both passenger car and truck and bus lines.
- 2012-07-04 Bridgestone launches 2 Ecopia fuel-saving truck tyres
Bridgestone gave its latest two truck tyres – the Ecopia H-Steer 001 and Ecopia H-Drive 001 (in 315/70 R22.5) – their European debut at Reifen 2012. According to the company, these are “the most ecological and economical truck tyres that Bridgestone has ever developed.” As such the two long-haul tyres reportedly deliver are said to offer radically lower rolling resistance, fuel consumption and environmental impact, while maintaining overall levels of tyre performance.
- 2012-07-17 Hankook become an Official Sponsor of the UEFA Europa League
Soccer sponsorship forms an integral part of Hankook’s European marketing strategy. Sponsorship agreement for next three seasons - 2012 to 2015
- 2012-07-19 Michelin tyres have rated A in wet grip since 2010
Back in mid-June, only a short time after manufacturers were able to release their tyre labelling data into the public domain on 30 May, Michelin became the first tyre manufacture to share details of its labelling position across its range with Tyres & Accessories. The details show market leading wet grip has been a key factor in tyre development for years before the introduction of tyre labelling and therefore make for interesting reading.
- 2012-08-13 Continental инвестирует средства в завод по горячему восстановлению грузовых шин
Новые производственны площади в Западной Европе. Усиление ориентации на бизнес по восстановлению шин и стратегию ContiLifeCycle
- 2012-10-03 National distributors sought for Membat brand
Membat describes itself as a young brand, but behind this newcomer to the tyre world stands Spanish fast fitting chain Auto Equip. “We’ve been in the tyre business for 25 years and now we’re taking advantage of the industry knowledge we’ve gained and produced the Membat private brand,” shares Natan Banyeres, international trade manager at Membat. Banyeres told Tyres & Accessories that the Auto Equip network consists of 21 outlets, and the company also distributes tyres. “We are proud of our Spanish heritage but now want to export this and develop a global vision,” he adds.