News for 2010
- 2010-01-04 Sumitomo introduces HTR A/S P01
Sumitomo Tire is introducing a new high performance all-season tire, the HTR A/S P01.
- 2010-01-06 Analysts Predict Strong Winter Tyre Season
Winter tyres represent a high 20 per cent of the European tyre replacement market (around 50 million units).
- 2010-01-09 Goodyear Tire is Fitment Choice for Toyota Sienna XLE
The 2011 Toyota Sienna, recently unveiled as an all-new, third-generation model, will be outfitted with Goodyear tires on the premium XLE version.
- 2010-01-09 Toyota Selects Dunlop Tires for 2011 Sienna SE
The sporty SE edition of the all-new, third-generation Toyota Sienna will appear with Dunlop tires when the 2011 model hits showrooms in February 2010.
- 2010-01-11 Falken delivers new Sincera SN211: standard bearer of stylish, touring performance tire
Falken Tire has released to dealers its new high mileage performance touring tire, the Sincera SN211.
- 2010-01-11 Test winner’s big brother performs convincingly on and off the road
Nokian Hakkapeliitta 7 SUV – firm grip, excellent durability
- 2010-01-12 Michelin Unveils Its First Prototype Tire For Electric Vehicles
A special power train requires a special tire. That's the philosophy embraced by MICHELIN when designing its original concept tire for electric vehicles.
- 2010-01-12 Vredestein and Carlsson announce cooperation
Cooperation perfectly fits in with the "Premium Styling by Vredestein" concept
- 2010-01-13 Bridgestone introduces Advanced Deflection
Bridgestone Americas Agricultural Group has introduced its new Advanced Deflection Design (AD 2) technology for Firestone brand farm tires. The technology allows for greater sidewall flexibility.
- 2010-01-13 AEZ Wintershooting
AEZ plays to the gallery
Winterly photo shoot on the Semmering, Austria
- 2010-01-14 Michael is driving with OZ wheels, watch this pic!
Michael Schumacher has begun preparations for the new Formula One season by getting behind the wheel of a GP2 car.
- 2010-01-15 Michelin announces the end of production at Ota in Japan
On January 15th, 2010, Michelin announced plans to end tire production at Ota in Japan in July 2010.
- 2010-01-18 Price Hike Coming from Titan
Titan Tire is increasing prices on its ag and OTR tires, effective Mar. 1.
- 2010-01-20 Bridgestone wins first Citroën fitments
Bridgestone Potenza RE050A tyre on new Citroën DS3 3-door hatchback
- 2010-01-21 The World's Most Expensive Set of Passenger Car Tyres
Have you got a spare £23,500 lying around in your bank? You do?! Fantastic! That means you have exactly the right amount of cash needed to buy the world’s most expensive passenger car tyres.
- 2010-01-22 Michelin to invest $1 billion in China tire plant
Michelin said it will invest $1 billion in China during the next two to three years to build a passenger and truck tire plant in Shenyang that will double its annual capacity in China.
- 2010-01-22 GMC and Cadillac Concept Vehicles Debuted With Bridgestone Customs at NAIAS
GMC Granite wins best concept award fitted in Dueler™ tires
- 2010-01-22 Avon goes Eco-friendly
Avon Tyres is now utilising 'eco-friendly' or 'clean oil' in the manufacture of its tyres.
- 2010-01-23 Yokohama HPT: New ADVAN Neova AD08 Tyre Available on UK Market
The UK distributor for Yokohama tyres, Yokohama HPT, has announced that the latest high performance product from the Japanese manufacturer, the ADVAN Neova AD08, will be available in the UK from March.
- 2010-01-22 GMC and Cadillac Concept Vehicles Debuted With Bridgestone Customs at NAIAS
GMC Granite wins best concept award fitted in Dueler™ tires
- 2010-01-25 Kumho introduces four medium truck tires
Four medium truck tires will be introduced by Kumho Tire U.S.A. Inc. in 2010. One is the KMA02, a wide-base, on/off-road mixed service tire.
- 2010-01-25 Kumho introduces four passenger tires to dealers
Kumho Tire U.S.A. Inc. introduced four new tires at its annual dealer sales conference. Three of the tires are "green" tires formulated with environmentally friendly compounds.
- 2010-01-28 Hankook to showcase two new products : Ventus R-s3 and Optimo H426
Hankook Tire plans to unveil two new products for the very first time through Tokyo Auto Salon.
- 2010-01-29 Bridgestone introduces Blizzak WS70
The Bridgestone Blizzak brand name continues to have legs. Twenty-two years after the winter tire was first introduced in Japan, Bridgestone Americas Tire Operations is introducing the latest incarnation: the Blizzak WS70.
- 2010-01-29 Yokohama adds 10 sizes to AVID TRZ line
Yokohama Tire Corp. has added 10 sizes to its AVID TRZ all-season touring tire. All of the sizes are H-rated.
- 2010-01-29 Toyo Releases First 20" Track Day Tyre for Nissan R35 GTR
Toyo Tires have developed a specific fitment tailored to the needs of the Nissan R35 GTR.
- 2010-01-29 DOCKER batteries
In 2010 “AIS-Avtozapchastyny” company will broaden its range of products with own-branded DOCKER batteries.
- 2010-02-02 THE LIGHTEST DUAL-COMPOUND SPORT TYRE EVER DESIGNED
MICHELIN Power Pure is revolutionary on more than one account: to begin with, it marks the introduction of the latest-generation MICHELIN 2CT dual-compound technology.
- 2010-02-02 Hankook expanding Jiaxing, China, plant
Hankook Tire Co. Ltd is investing $82 million this year at its plant in Jiaxing, China, to boost capacity for car and light truck tires by 2.1 million units.
- 2010-02-03 Hankook posts record global, N. Am. sales
Hankook Tire America Corp. and its South Korean parent Hankook Tire Co. Ltd. bucked the industry sales trend in 2009, and in a good way.
- 2010-02-04 Launch of the new ContiRoadAttack 2:
- Compound technology provides even more grip on wet roads
- Continental Traction Skin Technology for safety
- New design means greater dynamics
- 2010-02-04 Goodyear rolls out new medium truck tires
Goodyear Tire & Rubber Co. introduced several medium truck tires for a wide variety of applications at its recent dealer conference in Orlando, Fla., including a line of SmartWay-approved Dunlop long-haul tires.
- 2010-02-08 Newest Eagle Flying With Newest Vette
Goodyear’s newest ultra-high performance tire – the Eagle F1 SuperCar G:2 – has been tapped as OE for the 2011 Chevrolet Corvette Z06.
- 2010-02-09 TM Import-Export to Display Reusable "Tire Glove" at Sema
Montreal company, TM Import-Export has a new product designed to address the widely-accepted disposable plastic bag problem in terms of tyres.
- 2010-02-09 Tire Technology Expo 2010
Now in its tenth year, Tire Technology Expo is Europe's leading international Tire Design and Tire Manufacturing Exhibition and Conference.
- 2010-02-11 Bridgestone Motorsport announces 2010 F1 tyre specifications
2010 Formula One Tyre Specifications
- 2010-02-12 Goodyear's UHP Eagle Chosen for 2011 Mustang
The 2011 Ford Mustang Shelby GT500 with Optional Performance Package will ride on Goodyear Eagle F1 SuperCar G:2 tires as standard fitment, the tiremaker announced.
- 2010-02-12 The all-new Brillantis 2 from Barum:
Brillantis 2 - new safe and economical tyre for compact cars now available.
- 2010-02-12 New Generation Bridgestone Brand Ecopia Tires Debut At The Chicago Auto Show
New eco-savvy tire is Bridgestone’s first for SUVs
- 2010-02-13 Michelin Launch the Michelin Pilot Sport 3
So, one of our all time favourite tyres, and arguably the tyre that first got us into rubber has had a facelift!
- 2010-02-16 Sparco wheels, Racing passion
Out of the partnership between two famous brands like OZ and SPARCO springs a new collection of automotive wheels.
- 2010-02-17 Bridgestone launches new steer tyres to meet stricter emission standards
Higher load capacity for new R249 EVO and R297 EVO without sacrificing safety and cost efficiency
- 2010-02-25 Yokohama Rubber releases "C.drive2," a new high-performance eco tire for family cars in all classes, from small to large
The Yokohama Rubber Co., Ltd., has announced that it will release C.drive2, a new high-performance eco tire in its ".drive" series, in Europe in March 2010.
- 2010-03-01 Dunlop Aircraft Tyres makes acquisition
Birmingham-based Dunlop Aircraft Tyres has strengthened its position in the global aircraft tyre marketplace with a major acquisition.
- 2010-03-01 Continental Tyres "Highly Recommended" in Recent Tests
Continental’s ContiSportContact 3 and ContiPremiumContact 2 tyres have recently been the subject of a number of tests by some of the leading motoring organisations in Switzerland, Austria and Germany.
- 2010-03-02 Cooper launches winter range for SUVs, crossovers
Cooper Tire & Rubber Co. launched a winter tire designed for sport-utility and crossover vehicles during a winter tire ride-and-drive for dealers and the media in Sault Ste. Marie.
- 2010-03-02 Toyo rolls out Versado CUV luxury tire
Toyo Tire U.S.A. Corp. has added a crossover vehicle tire, the Versado CUV, to its Versado luxury tire line. The tire is available in 25 sizes, ranging from 17 inches to 20 inches in diameter.
- 2010-03-02 Top 4x4 Tyre Manufacturers Named
On the back of the UK’s worst winter for decades and the important role that many SUV and 4x4’s drivers played during those times, the top 4x4 tyre manufactures were recently named.
- 2010-03-03 Pirelli and Lamborghini together again – the new PZero Corsa System for the Gallardo LP 570-4 Superleggera
World premiere of the new tyre in the PZero line at the 80th annual Show
- 2010-03-04 Bridgestone wins new Mercedes-Benz fitments with ECOPIA tyres
Challenging fuel efficiency targets have been achieved by Mercedes-Benz using Bridgestone ECOPIA technology.
- 2010-03-04 Continental launches new super sports tyre ContiSportContact 5 P
- Vehicle manufacturers' approvals already obtained before market launch
- Short braking distances and safe handling for driving up to the limit
- Front and rear axle version for more grip and improved handling
- 2010-03-05 Pirelli to focus on its own plans for Russia
Pirelli Tyre S.p.A. has abandoned plans to buy a tire plant in Russia or to work with a brownfield facility and instead will proceed with plans to build a factory there, according to Pirelli Tyre CEO Francesco Gori.
- 2010-03-05 Apollo to expand Vredestein plant
India’s Apollo Tyres Ltd. is scrapping plans for its own tire plant in Europe and instead will double capacity at the Vredestein Banden factory in Enschede, Netherlands, it acquired last year.
- 2010-03-05 Nokian H "very recommendable" in ADAC tyre test
"Very recommendable" is the Nokian H according to the "ADAC judgement" in the latest summer tyre test of the German automobile association ADAC.
- 2010-03-09 Pirelli: "Green" tire products awarded for lower fuel consumption combined with greater safety and high performance
Two tires in Pirelli’s "Green" line win the most severe European tests, those run by the German automobile club (ADAC), with the Swiss Touring Club and Austria’s automobile club on 36 products of different brands.
- 2010-03-10 High Mileage and Eco-Friendly from Kumho Tire USA
As the first offering in a series of eco-friendly products from Kumho Tire for the U.S. marketplace, the eco Solus HM is formulated to be less impactful on the environment while delivering exceptional performance.
- 2010-03-10 Top results for Bridgestone in European tyre tests
New Turanza ER300 ECOPIA excels with ideal balance between safety and fuel efficiency
- 2010-03-11 New Generation Michelin Alpin Available H1 2010
The fourth generation of Michelin’s Alpin cold weather tyre is ready, and the French manufacturer states it will be introduced into European replacement markets during the first half of 2010 in "all regions where winter roads are generally wet – around 80 per cent of the time – and less often icy or snow-covered."
- 2010-03-11 Falken releases newest generation of AZENIS, the RT-615K, with new high performance compound
With the goal to make a superior product even better, Falken Tire Corporation has introduced the latest generation of one of its strongest high performance brands, the Azenis RT-615K.
- 2010-03-12 Hankook Ventus S1 evo further convinces in Tests of Automotive Magazines
- German automotive magazine for VW and Audi vehicles rates Hankook flagship with best marks on wet and dry
- Ventus S1 evo also recommended by European automotive clubs
- Convinces in categories mileage and rolling resistance
- 2010-03-15 Longer tyre life and quieter running with Avon's new ZT5
Avon Tyres’ latest high-performance tyre, the ZT5, caters for a wide range of popular small, medium-sized vehicles, such as the Ford Fiesta, Volkswagen Polo, Vauxhall Corsa, Citroen C3 and Peugeot 207.
- 2010-03-15 Dunlop presents three novelties: Trailmax TR91, Sportmax SportSmart and Geomax MX71
Adventure lies at the heart of motorcycling. For some, adventure means exploring the limits of adhesion on a track. For others, it means exploring geographical limits and travelling beyond open roads.
- 2010-03-16 Hankook Radial RA14 Wins Test Performed by Europe’s Biggest RV Trade Magazine
- Promobil magazine names Hankook light truck tyre as test winner
- Top marks for braking, handling, and hydroplaning on wet surfaces
- Low rolling resistance and good comfort are additional strengths
- 2010-03-17 Kumho now OE on Mercedes-Benz Sprinter
Kumho has confirmed that it is supplying its Radial 857 light commercial vehicle tyre in size 235/65 R16C 115/113R as original equipment for the Mercedes-Benz Sprinter.
- 2010-03-17 NAD recommends changes in Michelin ads; Michelin will appeal
Michelin North America Inc. should change or discontinue certain advertising claims it makes for its HydroEdge tire, according to the National Advertising Division of the Council of Better Business Bureaus.
- 2010-03-18 DOTZ Brand Receives ‘Highly Commended’ In 2010 Fast Car Awards
DOTZ, the respected European wheel manufacturer has just received ‘Highly Commended’ in the in 2010 Fast Car Awards.
- 2010-03-18 OZ ready for the new F1 season
OZ will be technical parner of Renault, RedBull, BMW Sauber
- 2010-03-22 Maxxis gets OE fitment on Nissan global compact car
Taiwan’s Maxxis International/Cheng Shin Rubber Co. Ltd.’s Maxxis brand tires will be original equipment on the new version of Nissan Motor Co. Ltd.’s global compact car, the March.
- 2010-03-22 SUV tyre Nokian Z SUV "very recommendable" in "Auto Bild allrad" Test
The SUV premium tyre Nokian Z SUV is rated "very recommendable" ("vorbildlich") by the German car magazine "Auto Bild allrad" in its latest SUV summer tyre test.
- 2010-03-23 Yokohama Tire Corporation’s Low Rolling Resistance Tires Help Truckers and the Environment
Eco-sensitive Zenvironment™ line on display at the Mid-America Trucking Show, March 25-27, Louisville, Kentucky, booth 14124
- 2010-03-24 Continental rolls out tire for motor coaches
Continental Tire the Americas LLC is introducing the HSL1 Coacha premium steer and all-position tire for long-distance motor coach use.
- 2010-03-24 Conti’s New Deep Lug Drive Tire Verified by SmartWay
- HDL2 DL Eco Plus is an industry leader at a full inch of tread depth
- Tire meets anticipated changes to SmartWay qualifications for 2010
- Continental now offers five SmartWay verified tires
- 2010-03-24 Foundation Stone Laid at Yokohama’s Russian Plant
On March 23 the governor of Russia’s Lipetsk Oblast region, Oleg Korolyov, participated in a stone laying ceremony for Yokohama’s new tyre factory in the Lipetsk special economic zone.
- 2010-03-26 Michelin rolls out fuel-efficient X One tire
Michelin North America Inc. introduced its Michelin X One XDA Energy tire today, March 25, at the Mid-America Truck Show. Michelin calls the tire its "most fuel-efficient drive tire to date."
- 2010-03-26 Bridgestone adding to value part of Firestone lineup
Bridgestone Americas is adding a mid-range tire line, called Precision, to its Firestone-brand portfolio that will fill a "value" void in the product range and be exclusive to the firm’s independent dealer channel.
- 2010-04-26 Vredestein to Debut UHP Winter Range at Reifen 2010
Apollo Vredestein has announced it will use the Reifen Essen show as a platform to introduce the newest addition to its winter tyre line-up, the Vredestein Wintrac Nextreme.
- 2010-04-27 Key players in global tyre industry announce price increases
The reason is common for all of them - escalating raw material costs.
- 2010-04-29 Porsche picks Michelin for new Cayenne
Groupe Michelin reports that Porsche has selected several new Michelin brand tires for the high-end automobile company's Cayenne model.
- 2010-05-07 Bridgestone Potenza S001 factory fitment on new Audi RS 5
Audi has selected Bridgestone as tyre partner for the dazzling new Audi RS 5 Coupé.
- 2010-05-11 Fastest Road Ferrari to Sport Custom Michelin Rubber
Production of the new Ferrari 599 GTO will be limited to just 599 vehicles, and all of these will be fitted with Michelin super sport tyres specifically designed for this car.
- 2010-05-20 The National SIA’2010 Motor Show will display some new models
The biggest automobile exhibition of the country will take place on May 27 - 30 on the ground of the International Exhibition Centre at LEVOBEREZHNA.
- 2010-05-26 Goodyear will close tire plant in Taiwan and built in USA
Goodyear plans to shut down its Taoyuan, Taiwan, tire production facility to cut costs.
- 2010-05-24 Federal sponsors Nippon Challenge Racing Series
Federal has boosted its European profile by signing up as the official tyre supplier of Nippon Challenge Racing Series in UK.
- 2010-05-27 SMS Mustang 5.0 wears only Pirelli P Zero tires
Renowned race car driver and automotive icon Steve Saleen has entrusted Pirelli P Zero tires to put the power to the ground in his all-new line of 2011 SMS Mustang 302’s.
- 2010-05-28 Michelin OE on Cosworth Impreza
Subaru has selected the recently released Michelin Pilot Sport 3 as the sole OE fitment on its new Cosworth Impreza STI CS400.
- 2010-05-29 Goodyear Adding Retreading Capacity to Wittlich, Germany Plant
In order to address increasing European market demand for passenger car and truck tyres, the Goodyear Dunlop group is increasing production volume at its facility in Wittlich, Germany.
- 2010-05-30 Michelin to launch the 10th Michelin Challenge Bibendum this weekend in Rio de Janeiro
The 10th Michelin Challenge Bibendum will be held this year in Rio de Janeiro, Brazil, from Sunday, May 30 to Thursday, June 3.
- 2010-05-31 VW to build business with Hankook
Volkswagen A.G. has approved Hankook Tire Co. Ltd.’s plant in Racalmas, Hungary, as a supply source for all of VW’s models and brands.
- 2010-06-01 Hankook tests Fiesta S2000 ahead of IRC campaign
Norwegian rally ace Andreas Mikkelsen has just completed the first full test of the Hankook Fiesta S2000 he will drive on selected IRC rounds this year – starting next month in Sardinia.
- 2010-06-01 Apollo to launch Vredestein tyres in India within 12 months
A year after it acquired Dutch company Vredestein, Apollo Tyres today said that it will introduce the premium European tyre brand in the country within the next 12 months.
- 2010-06-01 Hankook tests Fiesta 2000 ahead of Intercontinental Rally Challenge campaign
Norwegian rally ace Andreas Mikkelsen has just completed the first full test of the Hankook Fiesta S2000 he will drive on selected Intercontinental Rally Challenge rounds this year – starting next month in Sardinia.
- 2010-07-05 New special tyre for straddle carriers: Nokian HTS Straddle – effortless stability, extreme wear resistance
With its revolutionary construction, the Nokian HTS Straddle provides straddle carriers with premium durability for their work in harbours and goods terminals.
- 2010-07-07 Machinery Installation Ceremony for Continental's New Tire Plant in Hefei, China
Hefei, China, July 4th, 2010. Continental, one of the leading international automotive suppliers and tire producers worldwide, celebrates on July 4th, 2010, the machinery installation ceremony for its new passenger car tires plant in Hefei.
- 2010-11-03 Continental Matador Rubber: Visit from the Ukraine
In October, Continental Matador Rubber was visited by Vasilij Grigorievic Lesik, Director of MPP Asva, Kiev, Ukraine.
- 2010-11-30 With the new POISON CUP, ALUTEC is fuelling the fire with another rim highlight at this year's Essen
The new CUP version of the POISON from ALUTEC is aimed at larger vehicles and SUVs. Six sizes are available – starting with 8.0 x 18 inch up to 10.0 x 20 inch.