News for 2009
- 2009-01-04 Bridgestone Europe takes full control of Bandag EMEA
Bridgestone Europe NV/SA announced today that they have assumed full control of Bandag EMEA through the purchase of all of the shares in that company from Bridgestone Americas.
- 2009-01-05 PAX System Class Action Suit Settled
Michelin North America Inc. and American Honda Motor Co. have settled a class action lawsuit with consumers claiming they were misled about Michelin-produced run-flat tires.
- 2009-01-05 Police Arrest Man in Pirelli Plant Thefts
Floyd County, Georgia, police charged a 22-year-old Rome man in connection with a string of thefts at Pirelli Tire North America’s tire plant in the city.
- 2009-01-06 Schaeffler Sells 5.5% of its Conti Shares to Sal. Oppenheim
Schaeffler Group has reportedly transferred 5.5% of the shares it holds in Continental AG to Sal. Oppenheim Jr. & Cie.
- 2009-01-07 Beru f1systems Develops Infra Red Tyre Heat Sensor
BERU f1systems has developed a high resolution infra-red tyre sensor designed to help optimise vehicle set up and tyre performance in the wake of restricted F1 testing.
- 2009-01-07 Reifen China Opens the Door to New Markets
- 2009-01-09 Gas Restrictions Stop Production at Hankook’s Hungary Plant
Production at Hankook Tire’s Dunaujvaros factory in Hungary drew to a halt on January 7, reports the Hungarian MTI news agency, after national restrictions were imposed upon certain industrial users of natural gas.
- 2009-01-08 Bridgestone Europe takes full control of Bandag EMEA
Bridgestone Europe NV/SA announced today that they have assumed full control of Bandag EMEA through the purchase of all of the shares in that company from Bridgestone Americas. The purchase was completed on December 31st.
- 2009-01-08 Michelin, Honda Reach Settlement In Tire Case
Tire manufacturer Michelin North America Inc. and American Honda Motor Co. Inc. have announced a settlement of a nationwide class-action lawsuit brought by consumers over so-called "run-flat" tires.
- 2009-01-08 Alcoa Closing its Final Cast Aluminium Wheel Factory
Alcoa has announced it will completely withdraw from the passenger car cast aluminium wheel business, instead focusing its efforts in this segment upon forged aluminium wheels.
- 2009-01-08 Second Private Bank Acquires Conti Share From Schaeffler
In addition to its sale of 5.48 per cent of its share in Continental AG to Sal. Oppenheim, the Schaeffler Group has sold a 3.99 per cent parcel of shares to the German private bank B. Metzler seel. Sohn & Co.
- 2009-01-09 Pirelli Awarded a contract for particulate filters by SITA (Suez Group) in the Netherlands
Pirelli Eco Technology, a company in the Pirelli Group operating in technology for lowering pollutant emissions from diesel engines, signed an agreement to supply innovative particulate filters to SITA (SUEZ ENVIRONNEMENT).
- 2009-01-09 TOYO TIRES 24 Hours of Dubai 2009
Qualifying has commenced for the fourth TOYO TIRES 24hours of Dubai. As in every year since its inauguration, TOYO TIRES are Title Sponsors of the gruelling 24 hour race demonstrating their commitment to endurance racing.
- 2009-01-09 Kumho Tires Provides Road Venture Tires To Dakar Rally
Kumho Tires, one of the world's leading tire manufacturers, today announced it will be a tire provider for the international Dakar Rally. The UK Bowler team’s vehicle Nemesis will be riding on 18-inch Road Venture tires.
- 2009-01-09 Dunlop Announces New Sizes in Sport Maxx Range
A year on from the launch of the company’s Sport Maxx TT range, featuring Kevlar in its construction, Dunlop has unveiled an extended range of sizes that make it possible to apply this acclaimed technology to a wider range of performance cars.
- 2009-01-10 Hankook Resumes Production in Hungary
Hankook’s factory in Dunaujvaros, Hungary resumed production on the afternoon of January 8, following a stoppage the previous day due to gas shortages.
- 2009-01-10 Conti US OE for Mercedes-Benz GLK
Continental’s Conti4x4Contact has been chosen as US market original equipment for the 2010 Mercedes-Benz GLK.
- 2009-01-10 Interstate’s Newest 4x4 Tyre Now Available
Netherlands based Interstate Tire & Rubber reports that its latest 4x4 tyre, displayed at last May’s Essen show in Germany, is now on the market and available in six popular sizes between 16 and 18-inches.
- 2009-01-10 Ssangyong Motor files for bankruptcy
Troubled South Korean automaker Ssangyong Motor Co. has applied for protection from creditors to buy time to restructure itself into a profitable manufacturer after red ink mounted and cash flow collapsed amid falling sales.
- 2009-01-12 New MAK Nova 5-Spoke Wheel
MAK Nova is described as a "sober" five-spoke design.
- 2009-01-12 Kumho Tires Opens New Tire Warehouse in New Jersey
Distribution center will support growth in New England states.
- 2009-01-12 TOYO TIRES Hummer hits 5th place in Dakar
Robby Gordon has taken third place in todays special from Mendoza to Valparaiso, Chile. This magnificent result againt the mighty factory teams takes the TOYO TIRES Hummer to 5th place overall.
- 2009-01-12 Land Motorsport win 4th Toyo Tires 24h Dubai
Land Motorsport have just won the thrilling 4th Toyo Tires 24h of Dubai in their Porsche GT3 Cup car.
- 2009-01-12 New Legislation to Top The Agenda At Tire Technology Expo 2009
With over 140 exhibitors and an outstanding conference program and speaker line-up, Tire Technology Expo 2009 will once again maintain its status as the world's most important Tire Manufacturing Technology Exhibition and Conference.
- 2009-01-13 Nokian Tyres launches a new winter tyre for demanding winter conditions
Nokian Tyres will launch a new studded Hakkapeliitta winter tyre. The Nokian Hakkapeliitta 7 has been developed for demanding and quickly changing winter conditions.
- 2009-01-13 Michelin Debuts Energy Saver All-Season Tyre in US
Michelin’s Energy saver all-season tyre will go on sale in North America this summer following its unveiling at the 2009 North American International Auto Show (NAIAS) in January.
- 2009-01-13 Bastard love child of Camaro SS and Corvette ZR1 will be equipped with Michelin tires
Following in the footsteps of such legendary Camaro tuners as Yenko Chevrolet, Hennessey Performance Engineering has unveiled the HPE700, which mates a standard 2010 Camaro SS with the supercharged LS9 V8 from the Corvette ZR1.
- 2009-01-13 Bridgestone voted "Best Brand" once again
The readers of the magazine MOTORSPORT Aktuell have selected Bridgestone as the "Best Brand" for the second time in a row.
- 2009-01-14 Continental Launches New Barum Branded Industrial Range
Continental has announced that it is in the process of launching a new budget brand into the industrial tyre market, the Barum Industry.
- 2009-01-14 Michelin Reportedly Planning a 4th Factory in Brazil
An unsourced report published in Brazil’s O Estado de S. Paulo newspaper indicates that Michelin has plans to build a fourth factory in Rio de Janeiro State.
- 2009-01-14 Expect More Alcoa Forged Passenger Wheel OE Deals in 2009
Manufacturer offers carmakers 'up-selling opportunity' to combat tough market conditions
- 2009-01-14 Dunlop to Partner SEAT for Revamped UK Challenge
SEAT has announced the relaunch for 2009 of the company’s SEAT Leon Supercopa Challenge.
- 2009-01-14 Bridgestone Europe to launch range of fuel efficient tyres in 2009
From April 2009, an extensive range of Turanza ER300 Ecopia tyres will be gradually introduced to the European market.
- 2009-01-15 Pirelli and Porsche win the 24 hours of Dubai endurance race
Land Motorsport with their Pirelli-shod 997GT3Cup lead home a 78 car field.
- 2009-01-15 Yokohama adds five fitments to OE program
Yokohama Tire Corp. has five new original equipment fitments for 2009 model vehicles.
- 2009-01-15 Investments Banks Hold 35.75% Stake in Conti
Investment banks B. Metzler seel. Sohn & Co Holding AG and Merrill Lynch have bought shares equating to a combined voting stake of 35.75 per cent in Continental AG.
- 2009-01-15 Reduced Production Continues at Goodyear’s Luxembourg Factory
The shorter working week implemented at Goodyear’s truck tyre factory in Luxembourg is being extended beyond the time originally specified.
- 2009-01-16 Yokohama Partners Continental in Brazil
News reports indicate that Yokohama Rubber Corp. has signed a partnership deal in Brazil with Continental AG.
- 2009-01-17 Yokohama Tires Get EPA SmartWay Approval
Three Yokohama medium truck tires have been approved by the Environmental Protection Agency’s (EPA) SmartWay program, which promotes cleaner, more efficient truck technologies.
- 2009-01-17 2009 Commercial Vehicle Show Canceled
The organisers of Commercial Vehicle Show – scheduled for 28-30 Apr. 28-30 – have designed not to go ahead with this year’s event.
- 2009-01-16 Gordon moves to 3rd in Dakar
After an extraordinary day at the Dakar, Robby Gordon in his Toyo Tires shod Hummer H3 has moved to third overall behind the VWs of De Villiers and Miller.
- 2009-01-16 Truck of the Year Rolls on Goodyear Tires
At this week's North American International Auto Show (NAIAS) in Detroit, The Goodyear Tire & Rubber Company is proud to supply original equipment tires to the vehicle named as "Truck of the Year."
- 2009-01-16 Dunlop Tires Help Hyundai Genesis Roll to Top Car Award
Dunlop Tires proudly claims original equipment fitments on some of the premier automobiles in the world, and that credibility was enhanced with this week's selection of the 2009 Hyundai Genesis as the North American International Auto Show (NAIAS) Car of the Year.
- 2009-01-19 Yokohama Rubber to Invest $122 Million in Russia Tire Plant
Yokohama Rubber Co. will invest about 3.5 billion rubles ($122 million) to build a tire plant in Russia.
- 2009-01-19 Obama to ride on Goodyears
Barack Obama's limousine, a heavily customized Cadillac, will ride on Goodyear tires when he takes office next week.
- 2009-01-20 Michelin sells stake in TPMS JV
Michelin North America Inc. has sold its stake in EnTire Solutions LLC to TRW Automotive Holdings Corp., its partner in the EnTire joint venture.
- 2009-01-19 RMA cancels annual meeting
Rubber Manufacturers Association (RMA) members have agreed to cancel the association's April 2009 annual meeting in Ponte Verde, Fla., as a cost-cutting measure.
- 2009-01-19 Detroit 2009: Ford's Mustang Alley features accessory wheels for 2010 model
Don't like the stock wheels on the new Mustang? No worries.
- 2009-01-20 Conti Offers Replacement TPMS Sensors for Ford, Mazda
Continental Commercial Vehicles & Aftermarket now offers VDO Valveless TPMS sensors and wheel bands for both Ford and Mazda low pressure and Ford truck high pressure applications.
- 2009-01-20 New Firestone TZ300α touring tyre
Firestone has upgraded its passenger car line-up with the launch of the TZ300α, a touring zone tyre offering family drivers robust and reliable performance with high levels of safety, comfort and quietness.
- 2009-01-20 Goodyear Tires Selected as Consumers Digest 'Best Buys'
The February 2009 issue of Consumers Digest showcases the best tires on the market, as rated by the magazine's editors, and products from The Goodyear Tire & Rubber Company take top billing in two of the rated segments.
- 2009-01-20 STATUTORY NEGOTIATIONS AT NOKIAN CAR AND VAN TYRES ENDED
The statutory negotiations at Nokian Car and Van tyres ended today.
- 2009-01-21 Robby Gordon on the Podium with TOYO TIRES
Robby Gordon has acheived the virtually impossible. With his independent Team Dakar USA, he has beaten the might of several manufacturer teams to take third place overall in the 2009 Dakar rally.
- 2009-01-21 Hankook Tire sets sales records in fiscal 2008 amid current economic climate
Global sales increase of approximately 26% at KRW 4.07 trillion amidst the current economic conditions Profitable UHP tire sales increase of 35% year on year Hankook Tire targets global sales of KRW 4.3 trillion for 2009
- 2009-01-21 Pirelli Moto Takes Over in Dakar 2009: 1st and 2nd Overall with Scorpion Rally
Pirelli's new Scorpion Rally off-road tire proved to be the ideal weapon for the diversity of conditions for this epic challenge
- 2009-01-21 Goodyear, PASS Ink Five-Year Agreement
Goodyear Racing announced today that the tiremaker will be the exclusive tire provider for the Pro All Stars Series (PASS) North and South super late model stock car divisions.
- 2009-01-22 Bridgestone to open 1,500th Firestone store
Bridgestone Retail Operations LLC (BSRO) will open its 1,500th Firestone Complete Auto Care store this week in McHenry, Ill.
- 2009-01-22 Pirelli Inaugurates China "Tire Campus"
On 16 January Pirelli inaugurated its new Pirelli Tire Campus in Yanzhou, Shandong.
- 2009-01-22 Stalemate Continues at Apollo PTL Site
The lockout at PTL Enterprises Ltd in India appears to have reached a stalemate, with both parties sticking to their respective positions without compromise.
- 2009-01-22 Yokohama Rubber Plummets After Forecasting Net Loss
Yokohama Rubber Co., Japan’s third- largest tiremaker by market value, plummeted to the lowest in almost five years in Tokyo after it forecast a full-year loss yesterday on a plunge in demand from carmakers and a strong yen.
- 2009-01-23 Bridgestone Bandag Tire Solutions Offers New Products at UMA Motorcoach Expo 2009
Mileage Sales Group Offers New Tire Designs Imported from Europe in Booth 3301
- 2009-01-23 Bridgestone Americas Tire Operations Announcement Regarding LaVergne, Tenn., Tire Plant
Bridgestone Americas Tire Operations (BATO) today announced that it has made the difficult decision to cease passenger and light truck manufacturing at its LaVergne, Tenn., tire plant due to negative economic conditions, which continue to create a difficult business environment.
- 2009-01-23 18 New Toyo Sizes
Japanese manufacturer expands range in US market
- 2009-01-24 Sibur to Buy $600M of Amtel-Vredestein Debt
Dutch manufacturer postpones general meeting of shareholders
- 2009-01-24 Construction of Kumho US Plant to Start This Year
Following a delay attributed to the economic slowdown, construction work on Kumho Tire’s new factory in the US state of Georgia is tentatively set to begin before the end of 2009.
- 2009-01-25 Autosport International in Birmingham (UK, 9-11 JAN 09): OZ where there!
We would like to thank you all visitors, fans who came to visit our booth at the Autosport show, Birmingham.
- 2009-01-25 AutoZum in Salzburg (14.-17. January 2009): OZ was there!
We thank all the visitors and fans who came to visit us at our booth at the famous AutoZum in Salzburg.
- 2009-01-26 Bridgestone Experience "Difficult F1 Test"
Portimão weather hampers first 2009 group test
- 2009-01-26 Bridgestone Cuts Jobs
More workers at a Bridgestone tire plant in LaVergne, Tennessee are facing job cuts.
- 2009-01-26 Kumho Motorsport kicks off 2009 with a brace of outright rally victories
The Galway rally was a highly memorable one for Kumho as the outright winner and four of the first seven cars were shod with the company's competition tyres.
- 2009-01-26 Yokohama Truck Tyre a 'Nifty Fifty' Recipient
The Nifty Fifty awards are held each year by US based magazine Heavy Duty Trucking to showcase the editors’ favourite new products from the previous twelve months.
- 2009-01-27 Continental shares plunge on report
German tire and autoparts maker Continental AG said Monday that its financial situation was stable after a news report that it and majority shareholder Schaeffler Group KG were seeking euro1 billion ($1.3 billion) in state aid sent its shares tumbling.
- 2009-01-27 New Dayton D320 sport-touring tyre
A great all-round performer
- 2009-01-27 Robby Gordon and Toyo Tires® Win Overall at the 15th Annual SCORE Laughlin Desert Challenge
Robby Gordon piloted his Monster Energy/Toyo Tires Chevrolet Silverado trophy truck to an overall win during the 15th Annual SCORE Laughlin Desert Challenge in Laughlin, Nevada this weekend.
- 2009-01-27 Pirelli's New All-Rounder
Hugh Pace, chairman and CEO of Pirelli Tyre North America, introduced the latest tyre dedicated to the North American market; the Z-rated P Zero Nero All Season.
- 2009-01-28 Conti Tires OE On 2009 M-Class
Continental Tire has been named an original equipment supplier for the 2009 model Mercedes-Benz M-Class for U.S. fitment with an all-season tire, the 265/45 R20 108H XL Conti4X4Contact.
- 2009-01-28 Brembo, Marelli and Pirelli launch technology collaboration
Brembo, Magneti Marelli and Pirelli announced the start of cooperation in technology with the aim of developing leading edge solutions for the Italian and international automotive industry.
- 2009-01-28 Pirelli Geared Up For 2009 WRC
Italian manufacturer begins second year as exclusive tyre supplier
- 2009-01-28 Sibur Presses Ahead With Plan To Acquire Control of Amtel
Petrochemicals firm Sibur will proceed with its plan to acquire control of Russian-Dutch tire maker Amtel-Vredestein and plans to issue bonds as part of the deal, an executive said Friday.
- 2009-01-29 Kransoyarsk tyre plant’s debt may double
Ludmila Kashina, the head of the local chemical workers trade union, told ИА REGNUM-KNews that the debt of Kransoyarsk tyre plant before its workers may nearly double.
- 2009-01-29 Bogdan Corporation increases imports and looks into new markets
In 2008 Bogdan Corporation exported 1881 buses, which represents an increase of 20,81% over 2007 (1557 items). The biggest export markets last year were traditional Russia, Belorus and Georgia.
- 2009-01-29 OZ499: World premiere for the new OZ 499 wheel
Only 500 pieces for the new wheel born from the partnership between OZ and Carlesso
- 2009-01-29 OZ499: Countdown for the first sport-design collection
Result of the synergy between OZ – world leader in the field of light alloy wheels – and Carlesso, bike-industry company from northeastern Italy, OZ499 is a joint effort outcome on a research for new materials and technologies.
- 2009-01-29 Missing ‘Symbol’ Forces Recall
NHTSA announced this morning that Michelin North America is recalling some of its winter tires due to a missing DOT symbol.
- 2009-01-30 Hayes Lemmerz Amends Credit Agreement
NORTHVILLE, Mich., Jan. 29 /PRNewswire-FirstCall/ -- Hayes Lemmerz International, Inc. (Nasdaq: HAYZ) announced today that it has concluded an agreement with its lending group to amend its senior secured credit facility. The amendment favorably modifies the leverage ratio and interest coverage ratio covenants for the fourth quarter of fiscal 2008 and each quarter of fiscal 2009.
- 2009-01-30 Bridgestone, Conti & Others Fined for Hose Cartel Participation
Bridgestone, Continental, Trelleborg and at least two other companies have been fined a combined total of 131.51 million euros by the European Commission for their role in the price fixing and rigging bids for rubber marine hose.
- 2009-01-30 Enjoy enfren in a greater variety of sizes!
Hankook Tire showcase expanded size offering of fuel-efficient, environment-friendly tire, enfren
- 2009-01-31 Hankook Tire to showcase 3 new products and hold Japan Formula 3 sponsorship signing ceremony at Tokyo Auto Salon 2009
Hankook Tire, the seventh-largest and one of the fastest growing tire manufacturers in the world, has announced it will be taking part in Tokyo Auto Salon, the world’s largest automotive component and turning exhibition, to be held at Makuhari Messe in Tokyo during January 9~11.
- 2009-01-31 New Michelin XHA2 Designed to Deliver Durability and Traction
The new Michelin XHA2 loader tyre, introduced in early January at the Intermat trade show’s press days, has been designed to accomplish three goals: reduce hourly operating costs, ensure that work continues smoothly and safely, and improve operator working conditions.
- 2009-02-02 Goodyear Announces Fourth Quarter 2008 Earnings Release, Conference Call
The Goodyear Tire & Rubber Company will report fourth quarter 2008 financial results before markets open on Wednesday, February 18, to be followed by an investor conference call at 9 a.m.
- 2009-02-02 Michelin and Renault Truck cross the world together
Michelin has been selected by Renault Trucks as exclusive tyre supplier for the upcoming Cape-to-Cape rally.
- 2009-02-02 Dunlop to Supply New BMW UK Contest
M3 CSL Cup is added to Dunlop’s schedule for the 2009 Great and British Racing Festival
- 2009-02-02 The Car of the Year in Ukraine 2009 Award
OJSC Rosava congratulates the winner of the award "The Car of the Year in Ukraine 2009" - Skoda Superb and other prize takers, participating in the contest.
- 2009-02-02 Net Loss for Ceat in Last Quarter
India’s Ceat Ltd has reported a net loss for the quarter year to December 21, 2008. According to the tyre maker, losses for the period amounted to Rs 216.4 million (£3.1 million).
- 2009-02-03 Alcoa Continues in Forged Wheel Business
Aluminium giant refutes 'incorrect reports'
- 2009-02-03 The Michelin (R) Green X(R) Challenge Named for the 2009 American Le Mans Series
Rewarding Competitors Use of Alternative Fuels and Advanced Technologies in Racing
- 2009-02-03 BFGoodrich Tires Captures Ninth Dakar Victory
Competing with new BFGoodrich® All-Terrain tires, Volkswagen Race Touareg driver Giniel De Villiers scored the first Dakar win of his career last weekend in Buenos Aires.
- 2009-02-04 Kenda Supplying Iran’s Largest Carmaker
Kenda has reported the commencement of an OE agreement with Iran’s largest car producer, the Saipa group.
- 2009-02-04 Goodyear introduces Assurance Fuel Max tire
Goodyear Tire & Rubber Co. introduced its Assurance Fuel Max all-season tire at its 2009 Dealer Meeting in Washington, D.C., earlier this week.
- 2009-02-04 Goodyear unveils Wrangler MT/R with Kevlar
Goodyear Tire & Rubber Co.'s new Goodyear Wrangler MT/R with Kevlar is the company's first off-road tire built with DuPont Kevlar for enhanced sidewall puncture resistance.
- 2009-02-05 Turkey’s Brisa to Start Production Suspension
Brisa has announced to the stock exchange that it will suspend production in Turkey for a week starting on 5 February, 2009 following a slowdown in domestic and foreign demand.
- 2009-02-05 Pirelli Carlisle Employees Working 20% Less Until April
It appears that workers at Pirelli’s factory in Carlisle are facing a further reduction to their workload.
- 2009-02-05 2009 Formula 1 season: Renault will race with OZ wheels
The Italian Group joins ING Renault F1 Team as Official Supplier and confirms its important commitment to BMW-Sauber and Red Bull.
- 2009-02-05 Dakar Podium for Toyo-shod Independent Gordon
Robby Gordon achieved the impressive feat of taking his independent Team Dakar USA to the top of the Open category and third place overall in the 2009 Dakar Rally, beating off challenges from several manufacturer teams.
- 2009-02-06 Nokian Tyres criss-crosses Ukraine
The tyre maker looks for a place to locate its new plant
- 2009-02-06 Rosava asks Tymoshenko to protect it from Belarusian dumping
OJSC Rosava is initiating an anti-damping investigation into Byelorussian tyre imports. The company addressed the Ministers Cabinet and the Economics Ministry of Ukraine with the request to protect national tyre makers from the dumping imports.
- 2009-02-06 Michelin Energy Saver Sole OE on New Yaris 1.0
Future models of the Toyota Yaris 1.0 litre will be shipped with only one type of tyre – Michelin’s Energy Saver.
- 2009-02-06 Hankook targets $1 billion by 2011
Hankook Tire America Corp. intends to achieve $800 million in sales this year and wants to surpass the $1 billion mark by 2011, Greg Pae, the company's president, told tire dealers on Feb. 5, during a meeting in Los Cabos, Mexico.
- 2009-02-07 Cooper adds sizes to Zeon, other lines
Cooper Tire & Rubber Co. has added sizes to several of its tires, including the Zeon XST sport truck tire and Zeon LTZ light truck/SUV tire.
- 2009-02-09 Pirelli Takeover Rumours Cause Conti Shares to Rise
Shares in Continental AG rose 11 per cent on February 6 in response to circulating rumours that Pirelli & C SpA may wish to acquire the company’s tyre business – a move that, should it take place, would give the erstwhile competitors a comprehensive product portfolio.
- 2009-02-09 In 2009, Michelin will take on new challenges in motorcycle speedway racing
Michelin has announced its participation in three motorcycle speedway racing competitions in 2009.
- 2009-02-10 Toyo Tire to Cut Up to 1,600 Jobs
(Kyodo News International) Tiremaker Toyo Tire & Rubber Co. said Monday it will slash up to 1,600 jobs in Japan, including non-regular workers, as part of its restructuring plan to tackle faltering demand for its products.
- 2009-02-10 Bridgestone Australia Announces Temporary Plant Shutdown
Bridgestone Australia Ltd. has announced a temporary pause in production at its Salisbury manufacturing facility in South Australia.
- 2009-02-10 Apollo Tyres Launches New Alloy Wheel Range
Apollo Tyres has launched its new alloy wheel brand, Acelere Wheelz.
- 2009-02-11 Pirelli Recalling MC Tires
Pirelli Tire is recalling certain Metzeler ME880 Marathon motorcycle tyres, sizes 13/90B6 M/C TL 73H and 140/90B16 M/C TL 77H.
- 2009-02-10 Toyo Tire & Rubber Co., Ltd. announces Q3 results
Toyo Tire & Rubber Co., Ltd. (President and CEO: Kenji Nakakura) has announced its consolidated business results for the first three quarters of FY 2008 (from April 1, 2008 to December 31, 2008).
- 2009-02-11 New Goodyear Tire Contributes to Efficiency of Chevrolet Volt
With uncertainty around fluctuating fuel prices, The [[Goodyear]] Tire & Rubber Company offers tire technology that helps provide drivers with an opportunity to save at the pump -- or, in the case of the 2011 Chevrolet Volt -- added driving efficiency even before they get to a gas pump.
- 2009-02-11 New Pirelli Sottozero tyre debuts in Rally Norway
New studded tyre in 15" diameter reduces costs for teams. Specialist winter tyre rims no longer needed.
- 2009-02-11 New BFGoodrich g-Grip
The new g-Grip is the latest addition to the BFGoodrich car tyre range and has been designed for fitment to hatchbacks, saloons and MPVs.
- 2009-02-11 US Goodyear Plant Gets Help, Another Faces Sharp Cuts
Fayetteville facility to receive $1 million from city; Danville plant to "restructure," says Goodyear
- 2009-02-12 Pirelli not Interested in Continental – Tronchetti Provera
According to news published by Reuters, Pirelli & C SpA is not interested in acquiring the tyre business of Continental AG.
- 2009-02-12 Bridgestone Brand Ecopia EP100 Debuts at Chicago Auto Show
Ecopia tire line responds to consumers’ desire to be kind to the environment
- 2009-02-12 2008 Drifting World Champion Rhys Millen Joins Team Toyo® Will compete on extreme performance Toyo Proxes R1R
Toyo Tire U.S.A. Corp. announced today that Drifting World Champion Rhys Millen is the newest member of Team Toyo.
- 2009-02-12 Earnings Down Sharply at Yokohama Rubber in First Nine Months of Fiscal Year
Operating income declines 44% on flat sales
- 2009-02-13 Michelin plans comprehensive display at Internat 2009
Michelin is unveiling no fewer than four new products for machinery used on construction and infrastructure worksites, comprising both all-new tyres and new sizes in existing tyre ranges, at the forthcoming Intermat 2009 trade show being held in France between April 20 - 25.
- 2009-02-13 Apollo to Lay Off 1,500
The downturn in the automotive industry has seen Apollo Tyre’s OEM demand drop 43 percent in terms of value during the last financial quarter,
- 2009-02-13 Mickey Thompson Performance Tires & Wheels Introduces The Sportsman S/T Radial, The New All-Season Performance Radial For Muscle Cars
The Mickey Thompson Sportsman S/T has been designed specifically for muscle car owners who want exceptional quality, high performance handling, and impressive styling.
- 2009-02-13 Mickey Thompson Performance Tires & Wheels Introduces The Sportsman S/T Radial, The New All-Season Performance Radial For Muscle Cars
The Mickey Thompson Sportsman S/T has been designed specifically for muscle car owners who want exceptional quality, high performance handling, and impressive styling.
- 2009-02-14 The tyre industry is suffering the crisis
The world financial crisis has both directly and indirectly influenced all manufacturers, tyre manufacturers in particular.
- 2009-02-14 European, American Tyre Markets Softer in December - Michelin
Figures released by Michelin have confirmed what we already knew – these are not happy times for the tyre industry.
- 2009-02-16 December tyre output in Ukraine decreased by 49,8%
The tyre output in December 2008 decreased by 40,8% or 210000 items versus December 2007 and amounted at 305300 items.
- 2009-02-15 "Dneproshina" appoints new Director General
The shareholders’ council of the second largest tyremaker in Ukraine "Dneproshina" has appointed Mr. Roman Naumenko the new Director General.
- 2009-02-15 Kremenchuk carbon black plant net profit up 6,4 mln. hryvnias
Kremenchuk carbon black plant (Poltava region of Ukraine) ended 2008 with a net profit of 6,373 mln, hryvnias.
- 2009-02-16 Nokian Tyres’ Kazakhstan JV on Hold
Amongst the announcements made upon the public release of the Nokian Tyres 2008 financial statement is news that the company’s joint venture in Kazakhstan has been put on hold.
- 2009-02-16 Federal Confirm OE Deal with Chinese Auto Makers
Federal Corporation has announced the commencement of three OE fitments.
- 2009-02-16 Michelin Net Income Falls 53.8%
Capital expenditure cut to around 700 million euros
- 2009-02-16 Nikolai Setzer takes over as temporary head of Continental's tyre division
On 1st March 2009 Nikolai Setzer will take over temporary management of the Car Tyre Division, in addition to the position he already holds as head of the Replacement Business Car and Light Truck Tyre Division Europe and Africa.
- 2009-02-17 Bridgestone Americas Addresses Decrease In Demand For Small And Medium Size Off Road Tires
Bridgestone Americas Tire Operations (BATO) today announced that it will lay off 67 hourly teammates from its Bloomington, Ill., facility, effective March 1.
- 2009-02-17 Bridgestone Successfully Protects Brand and Trademark Rights
Bridgestone Corporation today announced the successful results of a trademark infringement complaint against Chinese manufacturers that attempted to infringe on the good will established by certain Bridgestone intellectual property.
- 2009-02-17 Bridgestone Won’t Colour MotoGP Compounds
Though its different compounds in Formula One were coloured last season to generate interest among spectators, Bridgestone told motorsport news sources that it has no plans to incorporate a similar scheme into its tyres for the new MotoGP season, of which it is the sole tyre supplier.
- 2009-02-17 Loeb Claims 49th Career Win on Pirelli’s New Sottozero
He’s one away from the 'big five-oh'…
- 2009-02-18 Firestone launches new-generation Performer 85 agricultural radial tyre
Improved standard-series performance, in the field and on the road.
- 2009-02-18 Michelin Energy Saver Sole OE on New Toyota Yaris 1.0 VVT-i
Michelin Energy Saver tyres will be exclusively fitted to future models of the Toyota Yaris 1.0 VVT-i.
- 2009-02-18 Cooper Tire, Kenda Rubber End Marketing and Distribution Arrangement
COOPER TIRE & RUBBER COMPANY and American Kenda Rubber Industrial Co. will be ending their marketing and distribution arrangement.
- 2009-02-18 Goodyear Reports Fourth Quarter and Full Year 2008 Results
The Goodyear Tire & Rubber Company today reported fourth quarter and full year 2008 results and detailed actions to address market challenges in a much weaker economy.
- 2009-02-19 Continental to equip the new Ford Focus RS with sports tyres
The new Ford Focus RS comes with ContiSportContact 3 tyres.
- 2009-02-19 Six new tires leads aggressive push by Falken
Falken Tire Corp. plans to be very aggressive in the marketplace in 2009 and beyond, with six new tires in the works, according to company officials.
- 2009-02-19 Temporary plant shutdowns in Europe
Bridgestone Europe announces that there will be further temporary plant shutdowns in Europe.
- 2009-02-19 Continental AG Posts 08 Net Loss; Expects 09 Profit
Auto supplier and tire maker Continental AG Thursday said it swung to a net loss in 2008 due to a hefty impairment charge and the steep drop in demand, but said without impairment it should post positive earnings in 2009 despite deteriorating demand.
- 2009-02-20 CTNA promotes its 'best winter tire to date'
Continental Tire North America Inc. (CTNA) put its new Continental ExtremeWinterContact winter tire through the paces earlier this week during a ride-and-drive event near Big Sky, Montana.
- 2009-02-20 Michelin German Plant Starts Short Time Work
Michelin has reportedly reduced working hours at its Homburg, Germany tyre production plant.
- 2009-02-20 Goodyear’s Danville Plant to Lose 400 Staff
Virginia facility the first to receive cuts following 5,000 job-cut pledge
- 2009-02-21 Cooper’s Melksham Plant Halts Production for a Week
Cooper Tire Europe has suspended production at its Melksham, UK production plant.
- 2009-02-20 Kumho’s 4x4 Range Benefiting From Rally Raid Involvement
Although the event Kumho’s 18-inch Rally Raid tyre was developed for – the 2008 Lisbon-Dakar Rally – was ultimately cancelled, the tyre has since achieved success in a number of other competitive domains.
- 2009-02-20 Kremenchug Wheel Plant Appoints Mr. Kovalenko and Mr. Kozlov as Board Members instead of Mr. Gavrylenko
The directors’ board of the sole Ukrainian cold-formed steel wheels maker JSC Kremenchug Wheel Plant (Poltava region) relieved Mr. Vicor Gavrilenko of his duties on the post of the board’s member on February, 16, appointing new members – Vladimir Kovalenko and Vladimir Kozlov.
- 2009-02-18 Kremenchug Wheel Plant Halts Production till March, 16
The sole Ukrainian cold-formed steel wheels maker JSC Kremenchug Wheel Plant (Poltava region) suspended production for the period between February, 12 and March, 16.
- 2009-02-21 Dniprogas Cuts Dneproshina off Gas Supply
On February, 17 the gas-supply company Dniprogas cut the second biggest tyre-maker Dneproshina (Dnipropetrovsk) off gas supply, due to absence of limits on gas supply.
- 2009-02-21 Increasing significance of harbour and mining tyre production
The decline in machinery manufacture and transportation is also reflected in Nokian Heavy Tyres’ business.
- 2009-02-23 General winter tire line will offer LT sizes
Continental Tire North America Inc. (CTNA) will introduce LT-metric sizes to its General Altimax Arctic winter tire this year.
- 2009-02-23 Bridgestone's profit plunges 92%
Bridgestone Corp reported a 92% plunge in annual profit on Thursday as global demand for tires dropped sharply, and forecast even more dismal earnings for the coming year.
- 2009-02-23 Tire fuel efficiency rating system could be in place by end of '09
A spokesman for the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration (NHTSA) has confirmed that the agency is developing test criteria to gauge passenger and light truck tire fuel efficiency.
- 2009-02-24 Matador’s MP 85 Hectorra Delivers Strong On-Road Performance
The key product in Matador’s 4x4 range continues to be the MP 85 Hectorra.
- 2009-02-24 Chinese Tyre Brands Target UK Buyers at Brityrex09
September’s exhibition a gateway to the British market
- 2009-02-24 Goodyear Offers Versatile New Option for Working Trucks
The Goodyear Tire & Rubber Company today introduced the Wrangler DuraTrac, the latest addition to the Wrangler lineup of truck tires.
- 2009-02-24 New sizes of the Nokian Forest Rider
Special tyres for heavy tractors and demanding forestry work.
- 2009-02-25 Russian Car Tyre Output Decreases by 77,5% in January
Compared with January 2008, the car tyre output in Russia has decreased by 77,5% to 461000 items.
- 2009-02-25 Schaeffler Willing to Sell Up to Save Company
Automotive supplier agrees co-determination deal with main union
- 2009-02-25 Kumho continues its dominance of the Formula 3 tyre market
Kumho Tires’ position as the official tyre supplier to the Formula 3 Euro Series has been extended to 2011.
- 2009-02-25 Home on the Ranger
Avon’s 4x4 Line-Up Covers a Gamut of Driving Conditions
- 2009-02-26 Green Lines to F1 Tires, Circles of Greener Motoring for the World
Bridgestone Corporation today announced that as the official tire supplier of the Fоrmula One (F1) World Championship it will supply MAKE CARS GREEN TYRES to all teams at every race this season.
- 2009-02-26 Continental wins 'Auto Zeitung' tyre test and is voted readers' favourite
Voted the top brand for 2008 and No. 1 in the summer tyre test
- 2009-02-26 East Europe Plans Affected by Apollo Capex Reduction
According to Apollo Tyres vice-chairman and joint managing director Neeraj Kanwar, the company has reduced its capital expenditure plans for the next two years from Rs 30 billion (£414 million) to Rs10.5 billion (£145 million) due to the global economic slowdown.
- 2009-02-26 Greater Latitude
Michelin’s new Latitude Cross offers mainstream 4x4 users the chance to flex their vehicles’ off-road muscles
- 2009-02-27 A Conti 4x4 Tyre for Every Customer
Given the wide assortment of 4x4 tyres on the market, how can a dealer best advise the customer to make sure they are satisfied with their choice of tyre?
- 2009-02-27 Cooper Tire Company Reports Fourth Quarter Results
Cooper Tire & Rubber Company today reported a net loss of $143 million, or $2.43 per share, for the quarter ended Dec. 31, 2008.
- 2009-02-27 Michelin rolls out BFG performance tire
- 2009-02-28 Michelin Tyres Highly Recommended in European Test
Michelin reports its Energy Saver and Primacy HP tyres recently walked away with a "highly recommendable" rating in testing by the German motorist’s association ADAC and its Austrian and Swiss counterparts.
- 2009-02-28 Toyo Tires® Rolls Out Two New Sizes of M154™ for Commercial Trucks Showcases Product Line at Work Truck Show in Chicago
Toyo Tire U.S.A. Corp. has rolled out two new sizes of its popular Toyo® M154™ ultra-premium, regional highway commercial tire.
- 2009-02-28 Uniroyal’s Rallye4x4 Street Makes a Splash
Uniroyal has built up something of a reputation for delivering good wet weather performance, and its Rallye4x4Street is said to be no exception.
- 2009-03-01 Rosava Reaches Tentative Agreement with Belshina
CJSC Rosava has reached a tentative agreement with Belarusian tyre-maker "Belshina" on voluntary restrictions in tyre exports to Ukraine.
- 2009-03-01 An Aginst-Crisis Recipe from K&K: Efficient Operation
On February, 19 a meeting was held between "K&K" Ltd. and the biggest car-maker Gеneral Motors.
- 2009-03-02 Cooper Tire "Take the Money and Ride" Rebate to Re-Launch in March
Overwhelming response to fall promotion results in quick turnaround, expanded product lineup
- 2009-03-02 Kumho products enjoy rave reviews from leading German magazines
The Kumho ECSTA HM KH31 & Kumho's Road Venture MT KL71 Kumho products have fared excellently in the latest tyre test carried out by leading German magazine Auto Zeitung and won a major award from another respected German publication - Off Road.
- 2009-03-02 Yokohama to Launch New Eco-Tyre at Geneva Show
Yokohama Rubber plans to hold the European launch of its new 'dB super E-spec' at the Geneva Motor Show, which gets underway on March 3.
- 2009-03-03 The Michelin guide France celebrates its 100th edition in 2009
This year, the Michelin guide France is celebrating its centennial. Introduced in 1900, the guide was not published during the two World Wars or in 1921.
- 2009-03-03 Bridgestone Introduces the Third Generation of Run-flat Tires
Bridgestone Corporation today announced it has successfully developed new technologies and related it's practical applications that improve the riding comfort of run-flat tires* Bridgestone will begin marketing this "third generation" of run-flat tires in 2009, focusing on sales to original equipment manufacturers for installation in new passenger vehicles.
- 2009-03-03 Toyo Tires Adds New Sizes
Toyo Tire U.S.A. Corp. has added nine new sizes to their full line of passenger car, light truck and SUV tire products since November.
- 2009-03-04 Continental increases its OE market share in Europe
Tire manufacturer Continental increased its share in the European original equipment market to over 32% last year.
- 2009-03-04 ContiWinterContact TS 830 P to arrive next autumn
With the ContiWinterContact TS 830 P, Continental launches another model of winter tires compatible with electronic driver assistance systems.
- 2009-03-04 Brisa & Pirelli Production Resumes in Turkey
Production is one more underway at the Brisa/Bridgestone and Pirelli factories in Turkey.
- 2009-03-04 Geneva Motor Show: Pirelli Tyres Fit Ichange, the First "Green" Supercar in Automobile History
The Italian Group named Best Tyre Manufacturer 2008 at the Tire Technology Expo for its commitment to research and development of ecological solutions for the automobile industry
- 2009-03-05 Toyo Adds Nine New Sizes
Toyo Tire USA has added nine new sizes to its passenger and light truck/SUV tires lines.
- 2009-03-05 Lassa Competes With Competus Range
Lassa’s 4x4 offering focuses on its Competus range of on/off road four-wheel drive radials.
- 2009-03-05 Kumho creates unique eco tyres for Nissan Qazana's Geneva Show debut
Kumho is responsible for the unique, ultra low rolling resistance tyres fitted to the Nissan Qazana concept being debuted at this week's Geneva Motor Show.
- 2009-03-05 Electric shape-changer: a sports car or a sports van?
Rinspeed iChange – forward-looking ideas on AEZ wheels
- 2009-03-07 Kumho Official Series Tire
Kumho has been named the official tire of the new Traxxas Off Road Championship (TORC) Series.
- 2009-03-06 Bridgestone Americas Tire Operations Nets Three Best Buys In Recent Consumers Digest Tire Ratings
Bridgestone Americas Tire Operations (BATO) earned three "Best Buys" ratings from Consumers Digest in the recent tire evaluation conducted by the magazine.
- 2009-03-07 Bridgestone’s fuel efficient Turanza ER300 Ecopia
"Ecopia" assures low fuel consumption and CO2 output
Bridgestone showcases its premium Turanza ER300 grand touring tyre with the "Ecopia" name, signifying the tyre’s fuel efficiency.
- 2009-03-06 Kumho to Finalise Tyre Choice for Macon, USA Plant by June
Kumho says it will make a decision by June on the type of tyres its planned facility in Macon, USA will produce.
- 2009-03-07 Uniroyal's RainExpert Delivers Improved Safety & Wear
Over the years, Uniroyal has developed a strength in the area of wet weather tyres, so it is hardly then surprising that its latest product has been named the RainExpert.
- 2009-03-10 Federal Improves Gas Mileage With Xtramile XR01
Federal Tire is introducing its low rolling resistance Xtramile XR01 for touring vehicle applications.
- 2009-03-10 Hankook Tire Shines with German Automotive Tire Tests
Hankook Tire Continues To Outperform the Competition
Once again Hankook Tire’s technology and excellence for their ultra high performance tires have received the highest recommendation in comprehensive summer tire tests in Europe.
- 2009-03-10 Hankook Debuts in Le Mans Series
During the last few years Hankook has steadily increased its involvement in the European racing calendar, and the Korean manufacturer added the 2009 Le Mans Series and 24 Hours of Le Mans to the list of events in which it participates.
- 2009-03-11 Statutory negotations at Nokian Heavy Tyres ended
The statutory negotiations at Nokian Heavy Tyres Ltd ended on March 9, 2009. The results of the negotiations were to cut personnel by 4 office employees and 29 factory employees.
- 2009-03-11 Formula Two Relaunches on Avon Tyres
Avon Tyres has been unveiled as the official tyre supplier for the FIA Fоrmula Two Championship, which re-launches in 2009 after a 25-year absence from motorsport.
- 2009-03-11 Clearway Distribution Trials Michelin Fitment
Nottinghamshire-based Clearway Distribution, a founder member of the Palletline network, is reportedly trial switching from Bridgestone to a Michelin tyre policy across its fleet of 42 commercial vehicles and 80 trailers.
- 2009-03-11 Continental will close two plants
Continental AG will close two plants due to "a huge slump in original equipment sale and sluggish replacement business," say company officials.
- 2009-03-12 Hankook adds sizes to winter LT/SUV tire
Hankook Tire America Corp. is adding 26 sizes to its I*Pike RW11 winter tire, which more than doubles the tire's complete size offering.
- 2009-03-12 Analysts Upgrade Goodyear and Cooper Shares
Goodyear Tire & Rubber Co. and Cooper Tire & Rubber Co., both experienced gains in their share prices after analysts raised their ratings for the two firms’ stock.
- 2009-03-12 Conti Launches Next Tyre in Extreme Series
First introduced at the 2008 SEMA show, Continental Tire North America is now launching its ExtremeContact DW at a ride-and-drive event in sunny California.
- 2009-03-13 Vredestein presents the Ultrac Cento: A safe and eco-friendly high performance tyre
Ultrac Cento: A new chapter in the partnership with top designer Giugiaro
- 2009-03-13 TOYO Tires Original Equipment on new Mazda 3
TOYO Tire Europe GmbH.is proud to announce that TOYO TIRES have been selected by Mazda as tire supplier for their new Mazda 3, which is currently being presented at the Geneva International Motor show.
- 2009-03-14 New Bridgestone Potenza uses F1 Stealth Technology
Bridgestone Americas Tire Operations (BATO) has introduced a new performance tire, the Bridgestone Potenza RE-11, which incorporates the company's proprietary Stealth Technology, originally developed for Formula One rain tires.
- 2009-03-14 Fortune magazine honors Goodyear
Goodyear Tire & Rubber Co. has been recognized as one of the most admired companies in the world by Fortune magazine.
- 2009-03-14 Sibur Halts Amtel-Vredestein Debt Deal
Sibur has suspended talks with the creditors of Amtel-Vredestein after Sberbank (which is Russia's largest bank and responsible for 20 per cent of its debts) failed to decide whether or not to participate in the debt restructuring negotiations.
- 2009-03-16 Apollo Presents New Corporate Identification
For more than 30 years, the Apollo Tyres brand has been depicted across thousands of tyre stores, various communication media and on our tyres, in a certain way. The red disc logo depicting the unending road and the manner in which "Apollo Tyres" was written.
- 2009-03-16 Loeb takes his 50th win with pirelli
Citroen driver Sebastien Loeb has once more underlined his place in the record books by claiming a historic 50th career victory on the Rally Cyprus, running on Pirelli tyres. Loeb is now 20 victories clear of the previous record-holder, Marcus Gronholm (30 wins), and 24 victories ahead of the third-placed driver in the all-time rankings, Carlos Sainz (26 wins).
- 2009-03-16 Cooper: New Zeon CS6 Offers 12% longer tread life
Cooper Tire has launched a new ultra-high performance tyre which, the company claims, offers all the performance of the Zeon range, but with the addition of much improved tread life. The new Cooper Zeon CS6 replaces the Cooper Zeon XTC V and W-rated sizes.
- 2009-03-16 Continental: EU safety package provides greater protection for all road users
ESC for all passenger cars and light commercial vehicles, driver assistance systems for trucks and tire pressure monitoring systems for cars will become mandatory. [[Continental]], the international automotive supplier, welcomes the decision by European legislators to prescribe a whole range of safety systems as mandatory for all new vehicles in the next few years.
- 2009-03-16 New Touring Tire from Giti Tire
Giti Tire USA has introduced the Champiro 228, a "performance touring" line of 15 H- and V-rated sizes.
- 2009-03-17 Fast Car Hails ContiSportContact 3 Best Tyre For Safety
Fast Car magazine has awarded Continental’s ContiSportContact 3 a top prize in its Best for Safety category. The Fast Car Awards purport to celebrate "the best of the best in the tuning industry".
- 2009-03-17 Toyo introduces Extensa all-season tire
Toyo Tire U.S.A. Corp. has introduced a new all-season tire for passenger cars and minivans, the Extensa A/S. The Extensa A/S contains Toyo's Tmode Technology and is available in 19 sizes, ranging from 13 inches to 17 inches in wheel diameter.
- 2009-03-17 Goodyear Proposes Temporary Wolverhampton Layoffs
Local news source The Express and Star has reported that Goodyear has proposed a series of temporary lay-offs to around 300 staff in Wolverhampton.
- 2009-03-18 Toyo tires leads championships in solo and off-road
Drivers competing on Toyo tires had great results in motorsports this past weekend, with 2008 SCCA Solo National Champion (Street Touring S class) Tim Smith scoring a win in Atlanta, Georgia.
- 2009-03-18 Yokohama USA to Introduce Eco-Friendly GT3 Tyre
Yokohama has announced that it will introduce a series-wide environmentally-friendly race tyre in the GT3 Challenge.
- 2009-03-19 Board approves Apollo’s share buyback proposal
At a price not exceeding Rs 25 per share
- 2009-03-19 Federal 595 UHP Tyre
Previously known as the SS595 (not known simply as the 595), Federal’s flagship UHP tyre offers great performance and looks in a value-for-money package. Its features include:
- 2009-03-20 Michelin India Launches Primacy LC
With a view to increase its market share in the high-performance tyre segment, Michelin today launched its new product for the Indian market.
- 2009-03-21 Michelin To Raffle Set Of X One® XDN®2 Tires At 2009 Mid-America Trucking Show
Winner to receive four new MICHELIN X One tires with new Alcoa aluminum rims
- 2009-03-20 BBTS shows off SmartWay tires at show
Bridgestone Bandag Tire Solutions (BBTS) is displaying truck tires that have been certified by the U.S. Environmental Protection Agency's (EPA) SmartWay program at this week's Mid-America Trucking Show in Louisville, Ky.
- 2009-03-21 Michelin Presents Millionth Energy Saver to PSA Peugeot Citroën
The Auto Channel reports that on Monday 9 March, 2009, Michelin presented PSA Peugeot Citroën with the millionth Michelin Energy Saver tyre, reaffirming the strategic partnership between the two groups. The Energy Saver made its debut exclusively on the Peugeot 308 in 2007.
- 2009-03-20 2010 British International Motor Show Cancelled
SMMT: Economic crisis creates "level of uncertainty that deters manufacturers from committing to large-scale, international events"
- 2009-03-20 Continental introduces five truck tires in Louisville
Continental Tire North America Inc. made a big splash during the Mid-America Trucking Show's opening day activities.
- 2009-03-21 SUBUR Quits From the Amtel-Vredestein N.V. Creditor Debt Repurchase Deal
SIBUR quits from the deal and has suspended negotiations with the creditor banks of Amtel-Vredestein N.V. Group as Sberbank OJSC has not made its decision on whether it would take part in restructuring of the tyre holding.
- 2009-03-23 Fast And Furious Toyo
Vin Diesel is back and he's driving on TOYO TIRES. In the publicity launch for the next episode of the Fast & Furious franchise, the TOYO TIRES promo truck will be touring tuning shows it its new Fast & Furious livery. The film opens at theatres in Europe on April 3.
- 2009-03-23 Citrus oil tires perform well at Sebring
When the Patrón GT3 Challenge by Yokohama kicked off last week in Sebring, Fla., each Porsche 911 race car was outfitted with Yokohama Advan ENV-R1 orange oil-infused race tires.
- 2009-03-23 Audi, Corvette Claim Victories In Inaugural Michelin® Green X® Challenge At Sebring
Proving their race cars to be both faster and greener than the competition, Audi and Corvette scored the prototype and GT race wins respectively while winning the first MICHELIN® Green X® Challenge awards at the Twelve Hours of Sebring, the opening event of the 2009 American Le Mans Series season.
- 2009-03-23 Bridgestone Previews the Australian Grand Prix
The 2009 season of Formula One looks set to usher in a new era for the sport, with rule changes aplenty, a newly-formed and perhaps, dare we say, competitive team for perennial underachiever Jensen Button and – most interestingly in this writer’s opinion – the return of slick tyres from Bridgestone’s Potenza brand for the first time in over eleven years.
- 2009-03-23 OZ Releases Range for Tuning Newcomers
A new entry-level range from OZ is catering for newcomers to the tuning scene that don’t want to look like beginners. Called the X-Line, the rim line-up is, says OZ, intended for those wanting a "taste of tuning", and the manufacturer reports buyers will be "rewarded with real OZ rims at an entry-level price."
- 2009-03-24 The Camaro is back and better than ever!
2010 Camaro Revealed !
Without a doubt the new Camaro will be the car everbody has been waiting for. This car should bring back character and excitement back the Chevrolet line.
- 2009-03-24 Michelin Introduces Power One
The full range of Michelin's technological expertise in a motorcycle tire
From its architecture to its tread design, every component of the new MICHELIN® Power One™ represents the state-of-the-art in high-performance motorcycle tires.
- 2009-03-24 Kansas will help Goodyear Tire in Topeka
Kansas and Goodyear Tire & Rubber Co. have struck a deal on $14.2 million in incentives to retain jobs at the company’s Topeka plant.
- 2009-03-24 Hungarian Manufacturers Scale Back Production
Tyre manufacturers in Hungary are reducing production due to a drop in demand, reports the business daily Világgazdaság. Hankook Tyre’s facility in Dunaújváros is operating at about 90 per cent capacity in the first half of the year, managing director Lee Sang Il informed the paper.
- 2009-03-24 CTNA launches truck fuel efficiency contest
Continental Tire North America Inc.'s (CTNA) new "Beat the Best" contest, which runs through May 15, promotes fuel efficiency.
- 2009-03-25 Michelin Releases Main Cities of Europe Guide
The Michelin guide Main Cities of Europe 2009 went on sale on Wednesday 18 March, priced at £14.99 (?19.99 in Ireland). This 28th edition covers 43 cities in 20 countries, of which two are included for the first time (Florence and Turin).
- 2009-03-25 Wheels India and MRF Supply Nano Wheels and Tyres to Tata
Wheels India, part of the TVS group companies, and leading Indian tyre maker, MRF, are supplying the original equipment wheels and tyres for Tata Motors’ pint-sized ultra-mini the Nano.
- 2009-03-25 Toyo tires dominates SCCA Street Touring
Racers competing on Toyo Tires had big success on both coasts this past weekend. During Round 2 of the SCCA’s 2009 Solo National Tour in San Diego, California, Team Toyo’s Ken Motonishi scored a decisive victory in the Street Touring (ST) class over a field of 18 cars while running on Toyo Proxes R1R extreme performance tires.
- 2009-03-25 Kumho Opens First Vietnam ‘Tire Pro’ Centre
On March 12, Kumho Tires announced the planned launch of its specialist 'Tire Pro' retail store in Vietnam’s Ho Chi Minh City, a country the South Korean manufacturer identifies as one that is "emerging as a promising market."
- 2009-03-25 Goodyear rolls out regional drive tire
Goodyear Tire & Rubber Co. has introduced a new regional drive tire, the G622 RSD.
The G622 RSD is intended to provide even wear and high traction for multiple regional applications, according to Goodyear officials.
- 2009-03-26 Wide Single Truck Tyres 6-10% More Efficient – US Study
Four-year testing highlights benefit over dual tyres
Michelin North America has reported on a 383-page report made available in mid-March the US Department of Energy's Oak Ridge National Laboratory.
- 2009-03-26 Conti Workers Protest Clairoix Plant Closure in Paris
Hundreds of France based Continental employees took to the streets of Paris on March 25 to protest the planned closure of the company’s Clairoix factory. The demonstrators burnt tyres and chanted slogans as they made their way to the Elysée Palace, official residence of the French president.
- 2009-03-26 SIBUR to Launch a Pioneer Product in Russia
Krasnoyarsk Synthetic Rubber Plant forming part of SIBUR Holding JSC has become the first to launch the production of butadiene-nitrile rubber powder (BNRP) in Russia.
- 2009-03-26 Bridgestone Americas Tire Operations Celebrates Grand Opening of Jacksonville, Fla., Distribution Center
Site connects distribution network that strategically covers North America
Bridgestone Americas Tire Operations (BATO) is celebrating the grand opening of its newest state-of-the-art tire distribution center in Jacksonville, Fla.
- 2009-03-27 Goodyear Dunlop Performs Well in ADAC Tests
German automobile association recommends Goodyear OptiGrip in wet on first appearance in tests
Goodyear Dunlop has reported that its portfolio has performed well in the ADAC 2009 summer tyre test, following the publishing of the results by the German Automobile Association.
- 2009-03-27 "To hit the impassibility with motor rally on SQ Aqualine tyres" promotional event runs in Bila Tserkva
A promotional event "To hit the impassibility with motor rally on SQ Aqualine tyres" broke out in Bila Tserkva (Kyiv region). The first prize-taker Serhiy V. received the prize certificate for a set of SQ Aqualine tyres.
- 2009-03-27 Rosava’s net loss increased 11 times in 2008
CJSC "Rosava" (Bila Tserkva, Kyiv region), the biggest Ukrainian tyre maker, showed $52.8291 mln (UAH 406,784 mln.) net loss, which is 10,65 times more than in 2007.
- 2009-03-28 Bridgestone tops new German summer tyre tests
Turanza ER300 test winner with Autobild and Auto Motor Sport and scores top rating with ADAC Motorwelt
Continuing the consistent run of top ratings in previous years, Bridgestone tyres again come out on top in the 2009 summer-tyre tests conducted by the German motoring press.
- 2009-03-28 Bridgestone-brand Potenza™ Tires Are Standard Equipment On 2010 Hyundai Genesis Coupe
Drivers seeking a new beginning need look no further than the purpose-built, rear-wheel drive Hyundai Genesis Coupe which will be equipped with Bridgestone- brand performance tires.
- 2009-03-11 Michelin Power One: New hypersport tyre
From its architecture to its tread design, every component of the new Michelin Power One represents the state of the art in high-performance motorcycle tyres.
- 2009-03-30 CTNA opens new North American HQ
Continental Tire North America Inc. (CTNA) opened its new North American headquarters in Lancaster, S.C., on March 26 with a ribbon-cutting by company CEO Matthias Schoenberg.
- 2009-03-30 Rolf Koerfer Elected Chairman of the Supervisory Board of Continental AG
The Supervisory Board of Continental AG, Hanover, unanimously elected the lawyer Rolf Koerfer as its new chairman at an extraordinary meeting on Friday in Hanover. The 51-year-old thus succeeds Dr. Hubertus von Grünberg, who resigned on March 6.
- 2009-03-30 Brawn GP take dramatic one-two victory in Melbourne
Race winner Jenson Button (GBR) Brawn Grand Prix celebrates on the podium. Formula One World Championship, Rd 1, Australian Grand Prix, Race, Albert Park, Melbourne, Australia, Sunday, 29 March 2009 Jarno Trulli (ITA) Toyota, Rubens Barrichello (BRA) Brawn Grand Prix, Ross Brawn (GBR) Brawn Grand Prix Team Principal and Jenson Button (GBR) Brawn Grand Prix on the podium.
- 2009-03-30 Yokohama Withdraws from Aircraft Tyre Business
Yokohama Rubber has been manufactured and sold aircraft tyres, both new and retreaded, to the Japanese military and to Japanese domestic airlines since 1940, however the company has now decided to withdraw from this business.
- 2009-03-31 OZ as partner BMW at Superbike race
OZ WHEELS FROM FORMULA 1 TO SUPERBIKES
BMW MOTORRAD MOTORSPORT chooses S 1000 RR wheels by OZ for its much-anticipated debut in the premiere category of modified production bikes.
- 2009-03-31 PIRELLI P ZEROS SHINE DURING GRAND-AM ROLEX SPORTS CAR SERIES SPRING TESTS AT HOMESTEAD-MIAMI SPEEDWAY
Grand-Am Rolex Sports Car Series teams are getting back into their racing rhythm this week, successfully testing Pirelli's P Zero Racing Slicks during a special two-day practice session at Homestead-Miami Speedway.
- 2009-03-31 Firestone Racing Introduces Alternate Tires To IndyCar Series
In order to increase on-track overtaking opportunities, making IndyCar Series street- and road-course races even more exciting for fans to watch, Firestone Racing is introducing the alternate tire concept to all seven of these events on the 2009 IndyCar Series schedule.
- 2009-03-31 Goodyear unveils airplane tire
Goodyear Tire & Rubber Co. has rolled out the Flight Eagle(R) LT tire for entry level, very light and light jets.
- 2009-04-01 MAK to Show Complete 2009 Wheel Range
MAK S.p.A. reports that the wheel production company is to show a wide range of new and existing products at Autopromotec 2009. First of all, the Brescia-based Italian producer will exhibit the brand-new MAK Mistral, the first directional wheel the company has launched on the market.
- 2009-04-01 Michelin Preparing for 24 Hours of Le Mans
The pre-race trials held on March 31 and April 1 for the 24 Hours of Le Mans will enable the Michelin Power Research Team to continue preparing for the celebrated motorcycle race and choose the correct tyres for its race entry.
- 2009-04-02 "DEZENT" in price – quality from Germany
Characterised by a great diversity in design,suited for a wide range of vehicles and offered at a highly attractive price, DEZENT is the successful all-round brand in the ALCAR's product range.
- 2009-04-02 Federal 595RS-R the tyre of choice for Superlap 2009 Clubsprint Class Champion!
Experienced motorsports enthusiast and competitor Jeramiah Thomas already has a string of wins under his belt from past race events. Competing at mostly club level Jeremiah has tested many brands and types of semi-slick motorsport tyres.
- 2009-04-02 Michelin Teams With Yellowstone Park Foundation For Environmental Stewardship Program
Michelin has been named the "Official Tire of the Yellowstone Park Foundation" as part of a new environmental stewardship initiative to provide Michelin energy-saving tires to the Yellowstone National Park vehicle fleet.
- 2009-04-02 PIRELLI SCORPION TYRES FOR THE ALL-GRAVEL RALLY OF PORTUGAL 2-5 APRIL
Strong entry of 75 cars. Includes first event for the five 2009 Pirelli Star Drivers. Two-time World Champion, Marcus Gronholm returns to take on Loeb in Subaru.
- 2009-04-02 Sumitomo Rubber Receives "Environmental Achievement of the Year" for Development Efforts on 100% Fossil Resource-Free Tires at Tire Technology Expo 2009
Sumitomo Rubber Industries, Ltd. headquartered in Kobe, Japan, received "Environmental Achievement of the Year" at the Tire Technology Expo 2009 held in February in Hamburg, Germany for our ambition to start sale of tires 100% free of fossil resource materials by 2013.
- 2009-04-02 Hankook Tire's Ultra-High-Performance 'Ventus' Heads the Pack Again
*Hankook Tire praised again in current sport auto tyre test *Ventus S1 evo ultra-high-performance tyre in the "top league"
- 2009-04-03 Kumho awarded 'best buy' accolade in Which? tyre test
The Kumho SOLUS KH17 has been awarded 'Best Buy' status in the latest 32‑strong tyre test performed by Which? magazine. Moreover, of the 18 185/60 R14 H products reviewed for the supermini category, it was the only one to be considered as 'Exceptional Value'.
- 2009-04-03 Nokian Tyres Forecasts Pretax Loss, Lower Sales in 1Q
Tire manufacturer Nokian Tyres Oyj said Thursday the first quarter of 2009 will be the weakest quarter of the year for the company, but sales will improve in subsequent quarters.
- 2009-04-03 FILING OF SUSPENSION OF PAYMENTS AMTEL-VREDESTEIN N.V. AND PROPOSED SALE OF VREDESTEIN BANDEN B.V.
Amtel-Vredestein N.V., announces that, following the passing of resolutions of its Executive Board and Supervisory Board, it will shortly be requesting the Dutch Court for suspension of payments and to grant the Company a moratorium for a period of two months.
- 2009-04-04 AMTEL-VREDESTEIN N.V. GRANTED SUSPENSION OF PAYMENTS - SUBSIDIARIES OF AMTEL-VREDESTEIN N.V. INCLUDING VREDESTEIN BANDEN B.V. ARE NOT INCLUDED IN THE SUSPENSION OF PAYMENTS
Amtel-Vredestein N.V. announces that on 2 April 2009 the District Court of Almelo, the Netherlands has granted the Company preliminary suspension of payments, including a moratorium of two months.
- 2009-04-04 Motorcycle News Accolades for Dunlop Tyre
Report calls Sportmax Qualifier II "2009’s most important sports tyre"
- 2009-04-06 BATO issues motorcycle tire recall
The National Highway Traffic Safety Administration (NHTSA) reports Bridgestone Americas Tire Operation (BATO) is recalling certain Bridgestone Exedra G850 G motorcycle tires, size 180/70R16 77H, sold as original equipment for model year 2008 and 2009 Triumph Rocket III Touring motorcycles.
- 2009-04-06 Cooper Takes on British Formula 3 from Avon
Cooper looks forward to boosting European profile with new supply deal
- 2009-04-06 MAK Presents New Wheel, Mistral
MAK has announced that it has released its first oriented design wheel, the Mistral 5. The shape and the inclination of the spokes show off the wheel’s oriented design.
- 2009-04-06 Michelin North America Releases New HydroEdge
- 2009-04-07 Ban VIANOR’s TV Commercial Exploiting Kids' Images!!!
The manifest of the International Women Rights Center "La Strada Ukraine":
Stop running VIANOR’s TV commercial immediately!
- 2009-04-07 Malaysia Gran Prix
Sepang – Nick Heidfeld, driving his BMW-Sauber, gained a wonderful second position on Sepang’s circuit.
- 2009-04-07 Hankook Farnbacher Team Take Podium at Le Mans Series
Ranked seventh among all tire manufacturers in the world¹, Hankook Tire has partnered with Farnbacher Racing Team to take 3rd place amongst a field of 13 competitors in the Le Mans Series GT2 Class in Barcelona, Spain, on Sunday, April 5.
- 2009-04-07 Summer Passenger Car Tires from Continental Win High Ratings
Tests Prove: Cheap Imports from Asia Jeopardize Safety.
Farewell to winter tires, they have done their job on the car.
- 2009-04-08 Goodyear Taking Action to Drive Performance, Product Innovation a Key to Competitive Strength
In his address at The Goodyear Tire & Rubber Company’s 2009 Annual Shareholder Meeting today, Chairman and Chief Executive Officer Robert J. Keegan
- 2009-04-08 TIA and Bridgestone Americas Team Up to Help Educate Consumers on Tires
Educational Video Available in Support of National Car Care Month
When replacing tires, do you know which tires are best for maximum performance and safety?
- 2009-04-08 Pirelli launches the first tyre scrapping programme and introduces the new Cinturato P7
Motorists who replace old tyres with new eco-compatible products will receive a fuel contribution up to 60 euros, fostering road safety and environmental protection.
- 2009-04-08 Production transfer a priority for CTNA
Continental Tire North America Inc. (CTNA) wants 85% of its replacement tire volume to be produced in North America and hopes to achieve that goal within three to four years.
- 2009-04-09 Touge blaze
Bling-bling in top quality
With the Touge blaze, DOTZ sets a new milestone in tuning history and launches a top-quality ceramic polished rim for all fans of blazing wheels.
- 2009-04-09 Michelin® Green X® Challenge Heads West
Long Beach Next Stop for America's Only Official "Green Racing" Series
America's newest environmental racing competition, the MICHELIN® Green X® Challenge, makes its first west coast stop
- 2009-04-09 Toward a greener future: Goodyear R&D innovations help build a sustainable future
Goodyear researches the use of bio-materials and renewable crops such as corn in the development of bio-fillers for next generation tires
- 2009-04-09 Dunlop Wins OE Fitment Contract on Jaguar XFR and XKR
SP Sport Maxx Jaguar’s tyre of choice for XFR and XKR models
- 2009-04-09 TRW completes Michelin JV takeover
TRW has acquired Michelin’s stake in the EnTire Solutions joint venture company.
- 2009-04-10 Hankook Becomes Elite Northampton Saints Sponsor
Hankook has strengthened its links Northampton Saints Rugby Club by joining its group of elite sponsors.
- 2009-04-10 Pirelli Announces Further Carlisle Redundancies
It appears as if Pirelli is seeking further voluntary redundancies amongst it production staff in Carlisle. The company has confirmed this in a statement, however at this stage it is not clear how many positions will be cut.
- 2009-04-13 Bridgestone to Increase Radial Passenger Tire Production Capacity at its Wuxi Plant in China
Bridgestone Corporation today announced that, in response to the expected medium-to-long term increase in demand for radial passenger tires in the China market, it will increase production capacity at Bridgestone (Wuxi) Tire Co., Ltd. (Wuxi Plant).
- 2009-04-13 Nitto NT05 Tire Now Available
Don't just get there - go there! The all-new Nitto NT05 summer maxperformance tire was created for enthusiasts seeking the ultimate grip.
- 2009-04-14 BFGoodrich Tire Manufacturing Plant In Opelika, Ala. To Close
Production will shift to remaining BF Goodrich Tire facilities in Alabama, Indiana.
- 2009-04-14 Top ALMS teams choose Michelin technology
Heading into the Long Beach Grand Prix, the third stop on the 2009 American Le Mans Series (ALMS) schedule, Michelin is focused on providing the tires, technical support and insights needed to give its technical partner teams a winning advantage.
- 2009-04-15 Hankook Tire Aces 6th Performance Test in 1H 2009
Ventus S1 evo finishes ahead of big-name brand in Auto Zeitung’s summer tire test
Ranked 2nd overall with top rating of ‘Very Recommendable’
Received high marks from 6 respected trade magazines in the first half of 2009 alone
- 2009-04-15 "To Hit the Impassibility with Motor Rally" Turnes out to be More Than Just a Success
A common promotional event "To hit the impassibility with motor rally" held jointly by CJSC "Rosava" and "Russian Radio" radio station in 10 Ukrainian cities came to an end on April, 10.
- 2009-04-15 Yokohama Rubber to Exhibit at Auto Shanghai 2009
The Yokohama Rubber Co., Ltd., will participate in Auto Shanghai 2009, which runs from April 20, Monday, through April 28, Tuesday (April 20 and 21 will be press days), in Shanghai, China.
- 2009-04-16 Matador: Libya 2009 Expedition
On Friday 13 March the Libya 2009 expedition set out from in front of the Continental Matador Rubber works.
- 2009-04-16 Hankook Tire Continues to Expand Volkswagen OE Fitments with the Jetta, Jetta SportWagen and New Beetle in North America
Quality, Performance, Value Driving More Automakers to Factory Hankooks
- 2009-04-17 World first for Proxes Ne
Toyo Tire Europe GmbH introduce the new Proxes Ne, an environmental tire with an extremely low rolling resistance.
- 2009-04-17 Kenda opens third plant in China
Kenda Rubber Industrial Co. Ltd. has opened a plant in China that will eventually produce up to five million passenger and light truck tires annually.
- 2009-04-18 Kumho Idles South Korean Plants
Kumho Tire Co. closed all of its three plants at home for three days in reaction to slowing sales.
- 2009-04-21 Two Kumho tires deemed 'best buy'
Two Kumho tires recently earned "best buy" designations from Consumers Digest magazine.
- 2009-04-21 Nizhnekamskshina loses alongside automotive industry
The first quarter of the current year turnes into another drop for OJSC Nizhnekamskshina. The enterprise decreased its production volumes by 48.5% in comparison with identical period in 2008.
- 2009-04-21 F1: Bridgestone Roll Out Super Softs for Shanghai Grand Prix
In Shanghai, Bridgestone’s super soft tyre was used by Jenson Button’s Brawn as he set Friday’s fastest lap time in the afternoon practice session held in sunny weather conditions.
- 2009-04-21 Nissan GT-R gets Dunlop tyres as OE
The European spec Nissan GT-R has been launched in the UK, with Dunlop SP Sport tyres as original equipment.
- 2009-04-22 Union seeks relief from flood of Chinese imports
The United Steelworkers (USW) have filed a petition with the U.S. International Trade Commission claiming the flood of imported consumer tires from China have led to thousands of job losses and a growing number of plant closings throughout the United States.
- 2009-04-22 March Sales Give Pirelli a Glimmer of Hope
Italian manufacturer reports 'signs of recovery' for OE tyre market
- 2009-04-23 Saving Green And Going Green Just Got Easier
For Earth Day, Bridgestone Retail Operations, LLC offers consumer tips to keep your car running newer — and greener — longer, as well as automotive battery and oil recycling
- 2009-04-23 Matador: Presentation in Ukraine – Working and informal discussions
From 18 – 21 February this year, representatives of Continental Matador Rubber met with dealers from KOMPANIJA SK, our largest commercial partner in the Ukrainian market, at the Ukrainian ski resort of Bukovel.
- 2009-04-23 Bright IDEA Features Bridgestone Brand Tires
[[Bridgestone]] Americas, which is focused on environmental leadership through its One Team, One Planet global initiative, is proud the new highly-anticipated "green" concept vehicle introduced today by Bright Automotive will come equipped with Bridgestone brand tires.
- 2009-04-25 Michelin Leads Clean Air Green Tour
Michelin North America has teamed up with the "Clean Air Green Tour" to educate consumers on the benefits of environmentally friendly products.
- 2009-04-24 Bridgestone ponders new front F1 tyre
Bridgestone is considering introducing a narrower and lower profile front tyre next season.
- 2009-04-24 Pirelli Scorpion "Soft" at Rally Argentina
Pirelli Scorpion at Rally Argentina, one of the most spectacular and demanding events of 2009 WRC that will be based at Villa Carlos Paz in the heart of Cordobese Sierras from April 24 to 26.
- 2009-04-24 Goodyear launches Dunlop UHP tire
Goodyear Tire & Rubber Co. introduced a new ultra-high performance tire, the Dunlop Sport Maxx TT, during a ride-and-drive event held yesterday, April 22, in Greenville, S.C.
- 2009-04-25 Goodyear promises new tires, marketing for Dunlop
Goodyear Tire & Rubber Co. is promising new tires and marketing for its Dunlop brand.
- 2009-04-24 EU Parliament backs strict labelling for tyres
EU lawmakers have insisted that tyre manufacturers such as Michelin and Continental must display details of tyres' fuel performance, as well as their wet grip and noise levels, as of November 2012.
- 2009-04-28 Michelin OE on Porsche Panamera
Porsche’s new Panamera will be fitted with Michelin tyres as Original Equipment (OE).
- 2009-04-28 Pirelli Boasts 2009 Test-Topping UHP Products
When it comes to high and ultra high performance tyres, few would argue that Italian manufacturer Pirelli holds a position of distinction.
- 2009-04-28 Continental tests tires using modern computed tomography
Europe’s leading tire manufacturer, Continental, is using a new CT scanner to further improve tire prototype testing.
- 2009-04-29 Bridgestone Americas Tire Operations Introduces Newest Addition To The Duravis™ Tire Line
Duravis M895 offers all-season, off-road capabilities to light truck & commercial tire line
- 2009-04-29 F1 Performance Feeds into HP Tyres from Bridgestone
Technical data "certainly beneficial for our passenger tyre development strategy”", say company representatives.
- 2009-04-29 CTNA enters retread market with own product
Continental Tire North America Inc. (CTNA) has joined the ranks of medium truck tire manufacturers offering their own retread products.
- 2009-04-29 The Ecsta XS Makes History
Kumho Tires to offer Ride and Drive at Classic Motorsports Mitty 09'
- 2009-04-30 Amtel-Vredestein N.V.'S Dutch Trustee in Bankruptcy Accepts Apollo Tyres' Offer to Aquire Vredestein Banden B.V.
Acquisition can be completed post all legal and statutory approvals and conditions, wherever required.
- 2009-04-30 JTuned.com / Falken Tire Car Meet
Falken Tire took park in the 2nd JTuned.com car meet held at Universal Technical Institute (UTI) in Rancho Cucamonga, CA on April 25, 2009.
- 2009-04-30 AIRBORN – one person wants to know
Premium tuning for the VW Eos – also including unique wheels from AEZ
- 2009-04-30 Uniroyal’s products named Which? Best Buys
Uniroyal’s RainSport 2 and newly launched RainExpert have been named Which? Best Buys in the consumer associations most recent tyre test. The RainSport 2 tyre also received an extra credit, a Which? exceptional value honour.
- 2009-05-01 Goodyear Again Named America's Most Respected Automotive Company
The Goodyear Tire & Rubber Company has – for the second year in a row – been recognized as America’s most respected automotive company by the Reputation Institute (RI) and Forbes magazine.
- 2009-05-06 Goodyear Adds to US Commercial Tyre Range
Two new truck tyres are extending Goodyear’s US market range.
- 2009-05-06 Open Cpountry M/T-R off-road racing tire launched
Toyo Tire Europe GmbH have launched the Open Country M/T-R off-road race tire in Europe. Initially the tire is available in the most popular size for rally raid competitors, 235/85 R 16.
- 2009-05-06 Yokohama ADVAN Neova AD08 now available
The latest addition to Yokohama Tire Corp.'s flagship ADVAN line, the ADVAN Neova AD08, is now available in 32 sizes, ranging from 15 inches to 19 inches in wheel diameter.
- 2009-05-07 Touring Club Schweiz runs comparative test of tyre concepts: "All-season tyres are a poor compromise"
In its controversial test, Touring Club Schweiz (TCS), the Swiss Touring Club, took a closer look at the driving performance of summer, all-season and winter tyres. The conclusion?
- 2009-05-07 Nokian Sales "Down in Line With Market," says Gran
Actual interim results for the January to March 2009 quarter show Nokian Tyres’ operating income to be even lower than the figure anticipated by a Reuters analyst poll.
- 2009-05-07 Have you ever heard of the S mark?
Another EU Directive is coming down the tracks that could have a dramatic effect of the tyre industry.
- 2009-05-08 Continental Open to a Takeover Proposal by MAG
Continental is continuing its talks with the management of MAG with the objective of jointly defining the terms of a possible takeover proposal for the Clairoix plant.
- 2009-05-08 Nokian Hakkapeliitta Truck F beats the winter
A new front tyre complements the Hakkapeliitta family for heavy vehicles
- 2009-05-08 OZ at FIAT FESTA in Japan Nagano (Japan)
It has been 16 years since they established Fiat Festa in Japan.
- 2009-05-08 The tuners’ new clothes – AEZ, DOTZ and DEZENT in Friedrichshafen
The event took place at the first weekend in May. All hell has broken loose at the former Zeppelin production sites in Friedrichshafen.
- 2009-05-12 Toyo reports sales, income declines
Toyo Tire & Rubber Co. Ltd. posted net sales of 328.3 billion yen on a net loss of 10.7 billion yen for its full 2008 fiscal year. Toyo's sales fell 8.1% from fiscal year 2007 levels.The company reported net income of 6.1 billion yen during 2007.
- 2009-05-13 Kumho adds to high performance range
Kumho is adding to its Ecsta range of high performance tyres.
- 2009-05-13 Kumho Tires Receives Top Honors from Grassroots Motorsports Magazine with Ecsta XS
Kumho Tires is pleased to announce it has received top honors in a tire test held by Grassroots Motorsports, a leading automotive enthusiast magazine, for the June 2009 issue.
- 2009-05-14 Apollo Vredestein Banden Buyout Imminent
Apollo's vice chairman Neeraj Kanwar was quoted today as saying “We are looking at closing this deal to acquire Vredestein Banden in the next few days,” a new press release indicates.
- 2009-05-14 Uniroyal® Announces New Cub in Tiger Paw Line
The Tiger Paw AS65 Offers Enhanced Wet and Dry Handling, Long Mileage
- 2009-05-14 Falken unveils all-terrain tire for light trucks, SUVs
Falken Tire Corp. has introduced a new line of all-terrain tires, the High Country A/T.
- 2009-05-15 Michelin Advertising Focuses on the Impact Tires Make on Vehicle Fuel-Economy
Michelin's leadership in the development of fuel-efficient tires was once again in the spotlight after the Attorney General of Tennessee launched an investigation into Michelin's recent passenger car and light-truck tire advertisements and promotional claims.
- 2009-05-15 Kumho Wins Two Consumer Digest 'Best Buys'
Kumho Tires won two "Best Buy" awards in a recent tyre test run by Consumers Digest magazine in the US. Kumho's Solus KR21 and Ecsta STX were honoured in the Touring Cars and Performance SUV categories respectively.
- 2009-05-18 Pirelli wins Auto Express Tyre of the Year
The Pirelli P Zero™ has beaten three other competitor brands to win the Auto Express Tyre of the Year Award for 2009.
- 2009-05-18 J.D. Power and Associates Reports: Michelin and Goodyear Each Rank Highest in Original Equipment Tire Customer Satisfaction
Experiencing Problems Leads to a Considerable Decline In Tire Owner Satisfaction and Recommendation Rates
- 2009-05-19 Apollo acquires Vredestein
Apollo Tyres Ltd has acquired Vredestein Banden BV, giving the Indian company its first manufacturing base in Europe.
- 2009-05-19 Bridgestone officially opens truck and bus tyre plant in Stargard, Poland
Vital asset for Bridgestone long-term growth in Europe
- 2009-05-20 New Pirelli winter tire will be ready in June
Pirelli Tyre SpA has launched its Winter Snowcontrol Series II, an environmentally-friendly, high performance winter tire developed for small to mid-sized vehicles.
- 2009-05-20 Michelin Retains Interest in Conti’s Tyre Division
Michelin has once again signalled its interest in rival Continental’s tyre division, reports Reuters Germany.
- 2009-05-21 ContiTread Range Ready, says Marangoni
According to Marangoni, the partnership agreement it signed last year with Continental, involving the launch of the new range of ContiTread precured tread strips, is now fully operational.
- 2009-05-22 Introducing ANGEL ST: Pirelli's way of interpretating Sport-Touring
Who is the Angel of the Street?
- 2009-05-23 Pirelli Launches R01 eco-friendly regional truck tyre
Pirelli Tyre has strengthened its commitment to the truck sector with the launch of the R:01 Series, which the company describes as an eco-friendly regional truck tyre.
- 2009-05-22 Toyo’s Proxes Chosen for 3rd Gen Prius
Toyota’s Prius, seen by some as the de rigueur environmental motoring statement, was released onto the Japanese market in its third generation incarnation on May 18.
- 2009-05-25 Pirelli Launches R01 eco-friendly regional truck tyre
Pirelli Tyre has strengthened its commitment to the truck sector with the launch of the R:01 Series, which the company describes as an eco-friendly regional truck tyre.
- 2009-05-25 Michelin Resumes Truck Tyre Production in Poland
Production at Michelin Polska’s Olsztyn facility has resumed after a six-week pause.
- 2009-05-27 Bridgestone once more "Superbrand" in Germany
The global, independent organisation Superbrands has, for the second time, honoured the Bridgestone brand as one of the best and strongest product and company brands.
- 2009-05-27 Toyo wins prestigious award
Toyo Tire & Rubber has picked up a prestigious award for its development of technologies that reduce fuel consumption.
- 2009-05-28 Tyre Factory Closures ‘Should Support Price Discipline’
In the wake of Goodyear announced closure of its Amiens, France plant, financial analysts have highlighted the ‘positive’ effect this will have on the tyre manufacturer’s "price discipline."
- 2009-05-28 GITI Tire unveils plans for new proving ground
GITI Tire has confirmed that it will commence construction on its new proving ground in China within the next 12 months.
- 2009-05-29 Marangoni creates new tire development technology
Marangoni’s Research & Development Centre in Rovereto, Italy has just unveiled FAST (Fatigue, Advanced, Speed, Test), an advanced tire tester for the "indoor" testing of all types of tire for cars, industrial vehicles, and earthmoving equipment.
- 2009-05-29 Audi Opts for Yokohama’s Advan on Q7
Audi’s list of requirements for its Q7 4x4 include a tyre capable of handling the vehicle’s considerable performance output.
- 2009-05-30 ContiRV20 Combines Strength, Speed and Comfort
The latest addition to Continental’s industrial tyre portfolio is the radial ContiRV20, a product designed for what the company calls the toughest of environments – airport ground support.
- 2009-05-30 Hankook secures Volkswagen OE deal
Volkswagen's Transporter, Caravelle, Multivan and California van models and now rolling off the assembly line with amongst others, Hankook tyres as Original Equipment.
- 2009-06-01 Goodyear Akron Headquarters Moving Forward
The Goodyear Tire & Rubber Company announced on May 29 the sale of certain of its Akron properties to Industrial Realty Group (IRG) as a first step toward finalizing plans for developing a new headquarters in Akron.
- 2009-06-01 Interstate and Point-S in Italy
The co-operation was officialy announced during the opening of the AutoPromotec in Italy at May 20, 2009.
- 2009-06-02 Michelin Celebrates 120th Birthday
May 28, 2009 represented a special day in the Michelin calendar – exactly 120 years earlier the company was founded in Clermont-Ferrand, France.
- 2009-06-02 Michelin Green X Challenge: the MEEC changes name, but remains the same...
The only change to the "Michelin Energy Endurance Challenge", born in 2007 from the joint will of the ACO and the French eponymous tyre manufacturer is its name.
- 2009-06-02 Uniroyal means safety and economy on the road: The new Uniroyal RainMax 2 for MPVs and light vans
The RainMax 2 is Uniroyal's new summer tyre for MPVs and light vans.
- 2009-06-03 Celebration begins for 100th anniversary of Mastercraft Tires
Rebates, a "100 Days of Summer Celebration" sweepstakes, and a commemorative logo are all parts of a 100-year anniversary celebration for Cooper Tire & Rubber Co.'s Mastercraft Tires.
- 2009-06-03 Marshal Launches Matrac MH11
Marshal has reported the introduction of its Matrac MH11 tyre, adding that the new line-up is already available nationwide.
- 2009-06-04 The Nokian Heavy Tyres product family is growing and goes tubeless
The radial forestry tyre, the Nokian Forest Rider, continues the revolution and begins yet another era in professional harvesting. In the future, the Nokian Forest Rider, used in CTL forestry machines and heavy tractors, goes forward convincingly also as a tubeless tyre.
- 2009-06-04 Hankook Extends Audi OE into Europe
A3 models to be fitted with Ventus S1 evo
- 2009-06-05 Increased demand for tyre pressure monitoring systems
The introduction of the UK's Health and Safety (Offences) Act 2008, which came into effect in January this year has increased the demand for tyre pressure monitoring systems, according to one leading supplier.
- 2009-06-05 Bridgestone launches Blizzak LM-30 and LM-35 winter tyres
High-level grip and safety in all central European conditions
- 2009-06-06 Russian Court Receives Amtel-Vredestein Insolvency Application
Official confirmation has been given that, on June 3, OJSC Amtel-Vredestein filed for insolvency with the Moscow Arbitration Court.
- 2009-06-05 Michelin Marks June 5 With Fuel Savings Report
June 5 is the United Nations’ World Environment Day and Michelin has revved up the festivities by preparing a report on the savings generated by its most recent car and truck tyre line-ups since their launch in 2008.
- 2009-06-06 Continental gets further vehicle manufacturer approvals for its winter tyres
Continental has just secured further approvals for its winter tyres. Ultra-sporty cars, as well as compact and subcompact models will be driving this winter on tyres made by the European market leader.
- 2009-06-08 Sibur-Russian Tyres Announces Preliminary 2008 Results
In releasing its preliminary financial results for the 2008 year on June 5, Sibur-Russian Tyres stated that, in spite of “unfavourable trends” during the reporting period, the company’s consolidated revenue – 27.4 billion roubles – did not decrease compared with 2007.
- 2009-06-08 Hayes Lemmerz Bags New Production Contracts
New business agreements with a number of existing and new customers are being received with gratitude by a financially beleaguered Hayes Lemmerz International.
- 2009-06-09 Record Participation for 8th National Tire Safety Week
More than 21,000 Outlets to Offer RMA’s Be Tire Smart Materials
- 2009-06-09 Continental Supervisory Board Supports Assess-ment of Viability of Continental-Schaeffler Combination
- Assessment process open to all options to be completed by the end of July
- Executive Board shall continue to analyze alternatives
- 2009-06-10 New Michelin Tire Shatters Compromise between Fuel-Efficiency, Performance
The Michelin® Energy™ Saver A/S Passenger Car Tire Now Available
- 2009-06-10 New tyre pressure monitoring system launched in UK
A new tyre pressure monitoring system has been launched in the UK, which has the potential cut van, truck and coach operators’ fuel bills by between 5 and 10 per cent and extend tyre life by 30 per cent.
- 2009-06-11 Maxxis Expands Drift Tyre Size Range
Maxxis has announced that its speciality drifting and track racing tyre, the MA-Z1 Drift, is now in stock in an expanded range of sizes.
- 2009-06-11 Mens Day Success in Warsaw
Men's Day in Warsaw is the biggest open-air event in Poland. This year Toyo Poland distributor, Trade Stomil were there promoting TOYO TIRES to the 150.000 spectators who turned up to participate.
- 2009-06-12 Goodyear introduces waste haul truck tire
Goodyear Tire & Rubber Co. has unveiled the G289 WHA, part of a new line of medium truck tires for waste hauling applications.
- 2009-06-12 Toyo Driver Gordon Wins Baja 500
Victory in the 41st Baja 500 has gone to Toyo supported US driver Robby Gordon.
- 2009-06-13 Upstate Motorists to Benefit from Tire Safety Initiative
Michelin, Clemson inflation station now open for business at CU-ICAR campus
- 2009-06-13 Brisa 2008 Results Show Sales Increase but Profits Down
Turkish manufacturer Brisa achieved net sales of 772,203,901 Turkish liras (£306.1 million) in the year ended December 31, 2008.
- 2009-06-15 Michelin reduces capital spending
Michelin is slicing its capital expenditure budget in half and working to control inventories to maintain positive free cash flow as its No. 1 financial goal this year, Michelin CEO Michel Rollier said.
- 2009-06-15 Hankook Tire debut in 24 Hours of Le Mans this weekend
Hankook Tire has partnered with the Farnbacher Racing Team to take part in the 2009 24 Hours of Le Mans in Sarthe, France on Saturday, June 13 and Sunday, June 14 for the first time in its 68 year history.
- 2009-06-16 Pirelli Carlisle Shutdown Planned for Late June
A further temporary closure of Pirelli’s Carlisle factory is scheduled for late June.
- 2009-06-16 Happy Birthday, Vulcanised Rubber!
June 15 is a red-letter day for the tyre industry – exactly 165 years ago Charles Goodyear was granted the initial patent for process of rubber vulcanisation.
- 2009-06-17 ITC to Rule on Imported Chinese Tyres This Week
The US International Trade Commission will determine by June 18 whether or not consumer tyres imported from China are harming or have the potential to harm potential tyre manufacturers, and will report its findings to President Obama and the US trade representative the following day.
- 2009-06-17 Pirelli P Zero chosen for this year's top prestigious sports cars
Alfa Romeo 8C Spider, Ferrari 599 HGTE, Aston Martin V12 Vintage just launched, the choice of tyre was easy - the high-performance Pirelli P Zero.
- 2009-06-18 Conti Removing Jobs, Operations from Puchov Site
Machinery business migrating to Hannover-Stöcken plant
- 2009-06-16 Toyo Adds Passenger, LT Sizes to Lines
Toyo Tire USA Corp. has added several new sizes to its passenger and light truck/SUV lines.
- 2009-06-19 Sibur to Produce New Premium Compound Rubber
Sibur LLC reports that investment in a project centred on producing new rubbers at its Voronezhsintezkauchuk facility in Southwest Russia has been finalised.
- 2009-06-22 Goodyear Reducing Production at Tennessee Consumer Tyre Plant
As of July 6, production at Goodyear’s consumer tyre facility in Union City, Tennessee will move from a continuous operating schedule to a five-day, three-shift operation.
- 2009-06-22 Continental predicts market growth next year
Continental expects global car tyre demand for to grow to nearly 1.25 billion units next year from the 1.2 billion units it expects this year, it has been reported.
- 2009-06-22 New all-season tyre for SUVs: Vredestein Quatrac 3 SUV
Ten new sizes added to SUV range
- 2009-06-23 Pirelli P Zero OE on New Lotus Evora
Lotus Cars Limited has selected Pirelli as the principal supplier of tyres for the new Lotus Evora, with the company’s P Zero tyre the product of choice.
- 2009-06-23 Next Generation Goodyear RunOnFlat Launched as Merc E-Class OE
Goodyear has launched the new generation of its RunOnFlat tyre with an original equipment fitting on the new Mercedes E-Class, which left factories recently.
- 2009-06-24 Interstate new Commercial tyre
Interstate has introduced the ultra modern Commercial tyre. The first size is the 195/70R15C, 104/120S , 8ply.
- 2009-06-24 Dunlop Aircraft Tyres OE for Latest Bombardier Regional Jet
Aeroplane manufacturer Bombardier has selected Dunlop Aircraft Tyres as original equipment supplier for its new 100-seat CRJ1000 Next Gen regional jet.
- 2009-06-25 7 New Firestone Sizes Available from North Hants Tyres
Firestone has recently added seven new sizes for larger American and European Grand Tourers such as Packard and Hispano Souza.
- 2009-06-25 Michelin North America Honored as a Best Employer for Healthy Lifestyles
Tiremaker receives award for innovative employee wellness program from the National Business Group on Health
- 2009-06-26 New Blizzak DM-V1 4x4 winter studless tyre from Bridgestone
More bite on ice and snow, safer handling on wet
- 2009-06-27 Hankook unveils e3 Technology for truck tires
Hankook Tire America Corp. has unveiled its e3 (or e-Cubed) Technology for medium truck tires.
- 2009-06-30 Bomb Scare at Goodyear’s Fulda Factory
Goodyear reports that a factory belonging to its German subsidiary was subject to a bomb scare on June 29.
- 2009-06-30 Cooper will add size to Roadmaster truck tire
Cooper will add size to Roadmaster truck tire
- 2009-06-30 Pirelli closes UK plants for five days
Pirelli has begun a five-day shutdown at its two factories in Carlisle and Burton-upon-Trent in the UK.
- 2009-07-01 Kumho USA to Recall Light Truck Tyres
The National Highway Traffic Safety Administration (NHTSA) has announced Kumho Tire USA’s recall of 36,292 Mohave A/T light truck all terrain tyres.
- 2009-07-01 Superb control and braking from Hankook
Hankook’s latest high performance car tyre –the K110 V12 EVO, which was launched in Ireland earlier in the year, delivers superb control and braking, according to distributors Tractamotors.
- 2009-07-02 FR380 Tyres Recalled by Bridgestone/Firestone in US
Bridgestone/Firestone has recalled 127,000 Firestone FR380 tyres manufactured between 9 September 2007 and 2 July 2008 in the size P235/75R15.
- 2009-07-02 VTS Offers Fitment for Classic Citroën H
Mon Dieu, have owners of the unmistakeably French Citroën H van experienced difficulties sourcing their unusual metric sized tyres during the past few years.
- 2009-07-03 Yokohama ADVAN selected for Mercedes C-Class
The Yokohama ADVAN Sport tire has been selected as original equipment for the Mercedes-Benz C-Class car in three sizes: 205/55R16 91V, 225/45R17 91W and 245/40R17 91W.
- 2009-07-03 New Heavy Steer Tire from Continental Gives Longer Life in Urban Applications
Continental Tire North America, Inc. released for sales today the latest improvement to its lineup of heavy truck steer tires, the HSU2®.
- 2009-07-04 Second Generation BFGoodrich Mud Terrain T/AKM2 Launched
With its thick lugs that continue around the sidewall, the BFGoodrich Mud Terrain T/AKM range clearly means business in an off-road capacity and now the tyre has been given a second generation for the European market.
- 2009-07-06 Yokohama Tire Corporation's All-New dB Super E-spec™, World's First Orange Oil-Infused Passenger Tire, Goes on Sale
Eco-focused tire is 80 percent petroleum free and helps save gas
- 2009-07-06 BMW awards Bridgestone another OE contract
Bridgestone Corp. is supplying BMW North America LLC with Bridgestone Dueler HP Sport RFT (run-flat tires) for the new 2009 BMW M automobiles.
- 2009-07-07 Apollo gets Pajero fitment in India
Apollo Tyres ‘s Hawkz 4x4 tyre has been selected as original equipment on the Mitusbishi Pajero in India, the company has reported.
- 2009-07-07 Goodyear gets Rolls Royce OE
Goodyear has confirmed that its UltraGrip Performance 2 RunOnFlat tyres has been specified as original equipment on the Rolls Royce Phantom.
- 2009-07-08 Cooper Tire Officially Rolls Out Greater Fuel Efficiency Tire
Cooper Tire Presents Cooper GFE Tire to Cover a Variety of Hybrid Vehicle Makes to Meet Consumer Demand
- 2009-07-08 Cooper’s new Discoverer M+S2
Cooper Tire Europe has launched the latest in its acclaimed Discoverer range of 4x4 tyres, the UK-built Discoverer M+S2.
- 2009-07-09 Nitto Tire Releases New Off-Road Tire: Trail Grappler M/T
Nitto Tire U.S.A., Inc., announces the release of its new off-road tire, the Trail Grappler M/T.
- 2009-07-09 Toyota picks Toyo Proxes A20 for new Prius V
The Toyo Proxes A20 has been selected to be original equipment on the premium model 2010 Toyota Prius V.
- 2009-07-09 Optimum performance, come rain or shine.
- 2009-07-10 Autopromotec a "Fundamental Appointment" for MAK Wheels
At Autopromotec, MAK Wheels launched their new Tornado range.
- 2009-07-13 From practical to cool – wheels for off-road fans
The three brands AEZ, DOTZ and DEZENT offer diversity.
- 2009-07-10 Mazda Models Gets Toyos
Toyo Tire & Rubber COo. has won OE fitment for its tires on the new Mazda Axela, which is also known as the Mazda 3 outside of Japan.
- 2009-07-13 Bridgestone to Build a Plant for Retread Materials in Thailand
Bridgestone Corporation announced its decision to construct a new plant for the production of precure tread* for retread tires.
- 2009-07-14 Hankook Recalls 3 sizes of RA08 Light Truck Tyres
Hankook Tire has is recalling a number of RA08 van tyre sizes in what the company describes as a "precautionary measure."
- 2009-07-14 TIA urges rejection of Chinese tire tariffs
The Obama administration should reject import duties or quotas against Chinese passenger and light truck tires, the Tire Industry Association said in a letter to President Obama and U.S. Trade Representative Ron Kirk.
- 2009-07-15 DuPont, Goodyear Science Creates High-Tech Tires That Rock 'n Roll
Technologies with DuPont™ Kevlar® Provide Increased Toughness, Stability and Lighter Weight.
- 2009-07-16 Apollo Tyres Launches Refreshed Web site
During the first quarter of 2009, Apollo Tyres launched its new corporate identity across its operations.
- 2009-07-16 Goodyear and Michelin extend current contracts with USW
Michelin North America Inc., Goodyear Tire & Rubber Co. and the United Steelworkers (USW) have agreed to a labor contracts extension.
- 2009-07-17 Goodyear to Close Philippines Tire Plant
The Goodyear Tire & Rubber Company today announced that it will close its tire plant in the Philippines as part of a strategy to address uncompetitive manufacturing capacity globally.
- 2009-07-18 Michelin Adds Vette Tire
Recognized as the tire brand of choice for the world's greatest supercars, Michelin's Pilot® Sport PS2™ ZP (zero pressure) tire is now available for the Corvette C5, C6, C6 Z06 (August 1st) and ZR1.
- 2009-07-20 New Sizes. Web Site For Nitto Touring Line
Nitto Tire U.S.A. has added six new sizes for its luxury-touring tire, the NT850 Premium. Among the new sizes, Nitto said, are OE replacement sizes for popular sedans, including the Acura TL, BMW 3-Series, Ford Fusion and Infiniti G35.
- 2009-07-20 Acura, Porsche Win Both on Track and in the Michelin® Green X® Challenge
The fastest cars on the track were also the most efficient as the race winning Acura prototype of de Ferran Motorsports and the GT2 class winning Porsche from Flying Lizard Motorsports also won the MICHELIN® GREEN X® Challenge awards here at Lime Rock Park, the fifth stop of the 2009 American Le Mans Series season.
- 2009-07-21 ADAC members vote: Continental tyres offer best price/performance ratio
- Continental also tops ratings for brand awareness
- Maximum expertise in summer and winter tyres
- 2009-07-21 Michelin to roll out tire for large-capacity trucks
Next month, Groupe Michelin will introduce what it calls the "market's first 295/60R22.5 multi-purpose tire," the Michelin X MultiWay XD medium truck tire.
- 2009-07-22 BATO expands Blizzak line with two new tires
Bridgestone Americas Tire Operations LLC (BATO) is adding two new tires to its Bridgestone Blizzak winter tire line: the Blizzak DM-V1 and the Blizzak LM-60.
- 2009-07-23 Cooper Tire Expands Size Offerings in its CS4, Discoverer and Zeon Lines
COOPER TIRE & RUBBER COMPANY recently announced an expanded size offering for a wide variety of its passenger, ultra-high performance, SUV and light truck tires.
- 2009-07-24 Goodyear Dunlop’s Hanau Plant to Cut 140 Jobs by 2010
Goodyear Dunlop Tires Germany GmbH is to cut 140 of the 1340 tyre production jobs at its Hanau production facility, according to local news reports.
- 2009-07-24 Apollo Tyres to Supply 50% Nissan Truck South Africa OE Needs
Apollo Tyres South Africa recently won the contract to supply half of Nissan Diesel’s truck tyre requirements.
- 2009-07-24 Goodyear Assurance Fuel Max Tires Selected for Ford Fusion
The Ford Motor Company has selected Goodyear's new fuel-efficient tire, Assurance Fuel Max, as a key original equipment fitment for the 2010 Ford Fusion S.
- 2009-07-25 Sava Launches Three Upgraded Truck Tyre Lines
Sava has announced the launch of three upgraded tyre ranges designed to offer enhanced performance and value for long and regional haul trucks, trailers and coaches.
- 2009-07-27 Pirelli to Supply BRC Control Tyre for 3 More Years
Pirelli is to continue as the Official Control Tyre Supplier to the MSA British Rally Championship for a further three years.
- 2009-07-28 Newest Apollo tire plant on stream by year-end
Apollo Tyres Ltd. has begun production of OTR tires at a plant in India and expects production at a second new plant, for car and truck tires, to begin before year-end, the firm’s chairman told shareholders recently.
- 2009-07-28 Michelin Teams With Harley-Davidson For Original Equipment Motorcycle Tire
Michelin unveils all-new Scorcher™ "31" tire for Harley-Davidson® Dyna® models
- 2009-07-29 Senators urge Obama to approve tariffs on Chinese tires
A bipartisan group of 11 senators has written President Obama, urging him to approve the steep tariffs the U.S. International Trade Commission has recommended on passenger and light truck tires from China.
- 2009-07-29 S-Mark Won’t Take Effect in UK Till 2010
NTDA warns of penalties of £5000 per tyre sold
- 2009-07-30 BMW quits F1
BMW will not continue its Formula 1 campaign after the end of the 2009 season.
- 2009-07-30 Marangoni Supersizes its Retreaded Machinery Range
Demand for larger size OTR and earthmover retreads has been robust over the past couple of years, and Marangoni Tyre Machinery has now introduced a product aimed at this segment of the market.
- 2009-07-31 'Fortis' - Kumho's eco‑friendly SUV with previously unattained levels of off/on‑road capability
Kumho is a tyre manufacturer with a conscience. It produces millions of tyres for today's SUVs, but is acutely aware that such vehicles will have to change dramatically if they are to survive ever greener vehicular legislation.
- 2009-07-31 Yokohama's New ADVAN Sport ZPS (Zero Pressure System) Runflat Tire Goes on Sale Aug. 1
Yokohama Tire Corporation now offers drivers ultra high-performance and security with the debut of its all-new runflat tire, the ADVAN Sport ZPS® (Zero Pressure System), which goes on sale August 1, according to Shawn Denlein, Yokohama director of sales, Consumer Products.
- 2009-08-03 Federal Introduces Winter SUV Tire
Federal Tire launched its Himalaya SUV, the latest winter tire in the company’s Himalaya line, designed for drivers looking for added traction and winter safety.
- 2009-08-04 Toyo rolls out entry-level performance tire
Toyo Tire U.S.A. Corp. has introduced the Toyo Extensa HP, Toyo's first entry-level high performance passenger tire for the United States market.
- 2009-08-04 Bridgestone Holds the Opening Ceremony for its Kitakyushu Plant
Bridgestone Corporation ("Bridgestone") today held the opening ceremony for its new Kitakyushu Plant.
- 2009-08-06 Michelin adds size to XHA2 loader tire
Michelin North America Inc. (MNA) has added a new size, 23.5R25, to its Michelin XHA2 loader tire, which is designed for construction industry machines that operate on infrastructure and utility sites.
- 2009-08-06 Cooper Tire expands tyre line up
Cooper Tire recently announced an expanded size offering for a wide variety of its passenger, ultra-high performance, SUV and light truck tyress.
- 2009-08-06 Pirelli Freezes China Investment
The changes occurring in global markets since last year have prompted Pirelli to mothball its planned US$100 million investment in China.
- 2009-08-07 TOYO TIRES renews ECO mark
TOYO TIRE & RUBBER Co., Ltd. announces that it renews ECO mark.
- 2009-08-07 Maxxis Winter Range Offers Car, Van and 4x4 Applicability
Available exclusively through Grouptyre, the UK’s leading independent tyre wholesaler, Maxxis winter tyres have been developed using Virtual Intelligent Prototyping (VIP) technology and come with the Maxxis Lifetime Guarantee.
- 2009-08-10 Federal Introduces Himalaya SUV, 4X4 Tyre
Federal has announced the addition of its latest winter tyre development, the Himalaya SUV 4x4, with which the company hopes to make inroads into the European marketplace.
- 2009-08-10 Cooper Introduces New Discoverer M+S2 4x4 Tyre
Full range of Cooper and Avon products available for the winter months
- 2009-08-11 Goodyear relaunches Fierce brand, expands distribution
Goodyear is relaunching its performance Fierce brand by broadening the target market and expanding distribution through all of its more than 7,000 dealers.
- 2009-08-11 Nokian Anticipates ‘Market Headwinds’ to Continue
Sales at Nokian Tyres decreased 34.6 per cent to 346.7 million euros in the half year between January and June 2009, and operating profit went down along with it; the company reports a 86.4 per cent decline in operating profit to 17.5 million euros.
- 2009-08-12 Avon’s ZZR Tyre Paired with Caterham Cars’ Superlight
Avon Tyres’ ultra-high performance tyre, the ZZR, is to be paired with the Caterham Superlight range.
- 2009-08-12 U.S. tire distribution sector would suffer under China import duties
Imposing tariffs or other restrictions on imports of consumer tires from China will jeopardize at least a dozen and as many as 25 jobs in the tire distribution segment for every job saved in the manufacturing sector, according to an analysis of the situation by a Rutgers University economics professor.
- 2009-08-13 Neumann Out at Continental, Schaeffler Chairman Dr. Elmar Degenhart Appointed to Succeed Him
In a special meeting, the Supervisory Board of Continental AG agreed to a number of changes in its Supervisory Board and Executive Board.
- 2009-08-13 Apollo’s Farm King wins M&M’s Arjun
Mahindra & Mahindra becomes the first OE to trigger radialisation of the Indian agriculture vehicle segment
- 2009-08-14 Bridgestone strengthens partnership and becomes exclusive tyre supplier to BMW Driver Training
Bridgestone has signed a three-year contract to supply tyres to BMW Driver Training, a business group in the BMW M GmbH division offering specialised programmes to improve individual driver skills, reactions and awareness.
- 2009-08-14 Goodyear, USW buy Time with 2 Week Contract Extension
Goodyear and the United Steelworkers of Аmerica have agreed to an extension of their national contract, taking their agreement up to 29 August.
- 2009-08-17 Bridgestone Americas Tire Operations Introduces the Dueler A/T Revo 2
Next generation light truck/SUV tire offers "one tire for all worlds"
- 2009-08-18 Hankook Ruled Liable for Employee Deaths
A provincial court in Korea has found factory chiefs and senior researchers of Hankook Tire guilty failing to prevent a series of work related deaths.
- 2009-08-18 New Apollo Factory to Produce Vredestein Brand Tyres
The factory Apollo Tyres is building in India’s Chennai state will most likely produce Vredestein branded passenger car tyres.
- 2009-08-19 Continental to Manufacture "Softy" Tyres in Sri Lanka
In early August Continental’s tyre operations in Germany, Continental Reifen Deutschland GmbH, entered into a strategic alliance with another German manufacturer of super elastic tyres, Gumasol-Werke Dr. Mayer GmbH.
- 2009-08-19 Goodyear Assurance Fuel Max Tires Help Couple Shatter Fuel Efficiency Guinness World Record
Australian couple breaks record by more than 9 miles per gallon
- 2009-08-20 Hankook looking forward to Le Mans Series
The Hankook Team Farnbacher will be on the starting line for the legendary 1,000 kilometre race of the Le Mans Series at the Nürburgring in Germany on Sunday.
- 2009-08-20 Chinese official visits Washington to fight potential tire tariffs
Zhong Shan, Chinese vice commerce minister, is in Washington this week to talk to senior trade officials of the Obama administration in an attempt to persuade the administration not to levy high duties against Chinese passenger and light truck tire imports.
- 2009-08-21 Yokohama Rubber, ITOCHU to Jointly Set up Tire Manufacturing/selling Company in Russia
The Yokohama Rubber Co., Ltd., today announced that it agreed with ITOCHU Corporation to establish a company manufacturing and selling tires in Russia.
- 2009-08-21 Firestone Firehawk GT Pursuit Takes Top Overall Honors In Police Fleet Manager’s Real-World Tire Test
Firehawk GT Pursuit also edges out competition in wet performance
- 2009-08-25 Toyo Proxes A20 Chosen for Lexus HS 250h Option
In the US, the Toyo Proxes A20 all-season tyre has been selected as the 18-inch OE upgrade for the 2010 Lexus HS 250h.
- 2009-08-26 Toyo confirms Lancer Evolution X fitment
Toyo Tire Europe is supplying its Proxes R19 on the UK version of the Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution X FQ-400 (U.K. version).
- 2009-08-26 Mercedes-Benz E-Class gets Goodyear RunOnFlat technology
The new Mercedes E-Class is equipped with a comprehensive package of advanced safety features, including an option for Goodyear's next generation RunOnFlat Tyre technology.
- 2009-08-27 Natural Rubber Price Up +25%
The price of RSS3 grade natural rubber has shot up 25 per cent to US$2.0/kg in the last month (and US$ 1.8/kg for TSR 20 grade).
- 2009-08-28 What are Low Rolling Resistance Tires?
Low rolling resistance tires are often touted as being very helpful when you want to help conserve fuel. By some estimates, up to 6% of your fuel bill could go away if you have low rolling resistance tires.
- 2009-08-30 Toyo Tires New Tire Plant in China
Toyo Tire & Rubber Co., Ltd. (President and CEO: Kenji Nakakura) hereby announces that it constructs its wholly-owned new tire plant in China to respond to increasing tire demands in accordance with the rapid progress of motorization in the Chinese market.
- 2009-08-31 Goodyear and USW Reach Tentative Agreement On New Labor Contract
The Goodyear Tire & Rubber Company and the United Steelworkers (USW) have reached tentative agreement on a new master contract covering about 10,300 employees at seven tire plants in the United States.
- 2009-09-01 Kia selected Michelin as supplier of OE-tires for new Cee’d
Kia Motors has selected Michelin as the sole supplier of the original equipment tyres for the new Cee’d range.
- 2009-09-02 New Michelin LTX M/S2 Tire Offers an Exceptional Combination of Performances for Light Trucks and Suvs
The tire industry's best light truck tire just got better. Michelin announced the introduction of the new MICHELIN LTX M/S2 tire for light trucks and SUVs, offering significant improvements in safety, longevity and fuel efficiency.
- 2009-09-02 Nitto adds crossover sizes to NT850 line
Nitto Tire U.S.A. Inc. has expanded its Nitto NT850 Premium luxury touring tire line to include sizes specifically developed for crossover vehicles.
- 2009-09-02 New Michelin LTX M/S2 Tire Offers an Exceptional Combination of Performances for Light Trucks and Suvs
The tire industry's best light truck tire just got better. Michelin announced the introduction of the new MICHELIN LTX M/S2 tire for light trucks and SUVs, offering significant improvements in safety, longevity and fuel efficiency.
- 2009-09-03 Pirelli recalls certain P Zero Corsa tires
Pirelli Tire North America Inc. is recalling certain Pirelli P Zero Corsa tires that were made between June 2007 and July 2009.
- 2009-09-04 Toyo Releases R-Compound Tire for Nissan GT-R
Toyo Tire U.S.A. Corp. introduced two new 20-inch sizes in the Toyo Proxes R888, making them the first to offer R-compound tires for the new Nissan GT-R.
- 2009-09-07 Michelin at the 63rd Frankfurt International Motor Show
At the 63rd Frankfurt Motor Show, Michelin is introducing three innovative products for automobiles — the Michelin Energy™ Saver, the Michelin concept tire for electric vehicles and the Michelin Active Wheel.
- 2009-09-09 Amtel restructuring — again
Russian tire maker Amtel Vredestein N.V. is dropping Vredestein from its name, has appointed a single-member board and approved a set of proposals for financial restructuring.
- 2009-09-10 Hankook Tire Invests 230 million euros in Hungary Factory
The newly expanded tyre factory, will feature run-flat tyre productio equipment
- 2009-09-10 Offset fuel duty rise with correct tyre inflation
Hauliers, fleet operators and private motorists are being reminded that not only can they stay safe on the road but they can also reduce the impact of the recent fuel duty rise by keeping their tyres correctly inflated.
- 2009-09-11 Schaeffler to Propose Prof Dr Ing Reitzle as Conti Supervisory Chair
Continental AG announced today that the major shareholder, Schaeffler KG, will propose Professor Dr Ing Wolfgang Reitzle as the new chairman of the supervisory board, if he is appointed to the board of Continental AG.
- 2009-09-14 President Sides With USW, Sets New China Duties
The Obama Administration came down strongly on the side of labor yesterday when it agreed to place heavy additional duties on passenger tires imported from China.
- 2009-09-14 Continental gets Best Buy award in Auto Express tyre tests
Continental has been awarded first place in the annual tyre test by leading motoring magazine Auto Express.
- 2009-09-14 Brazil Imposes Tax On Chinese Tyres
The Brazilian Chamber of Foreign Commerce has imposed an additional tax of US$ 0.75 on each kilo of tyres imported from China.
- 2009-09-15 TIA 'deeply disappointed' by tariff decision
The Tire Industry Association (TIA) says it is "deeply disappointed" with President Obama's decision to levy punitive tariffs on certain passenger and light truck tire imports from China.
- 2009-09-15 China to probe U.S. auto parts for alleged dumping
The Ministry of Commerce of the People’s Republic of China has launched anti-dumping and anti-subsidy investigations of auto parts imported to China from the U.S.
- 2009-09-16 Goodyear, Bridgestone weigh in on tariff ruling
Goodyear Tire & Rubber Co. and Bridgestone Americas Tire Operations LLC have released official statements on the new Chinese consumer tire import tariffs, which will go into effect Sept. 26, 2009.
- 2009-09-16 Pirelli’s PZero, Cinturato Display "Green Heart", "Performing Soul" in Frankfurt
Pirelli is promoting its ecological and performance credentials at the Frankfurt Motor Show, where its tyres are paired up with some of the leading lights in high-performance automotive engineering.
- 2009-09-16 Apollo Gains Mitsubishi OE in India
Apollo has won an OE fitment with Mitsubishi in India.
- 2009-09-17 Kumho Shows Laser Tread Etching Kit in Frankfurt
Kumho has been exhibiting examples of its brand new laser etching process at the Frankfurt Motor Show (15-27 September).
- 2009-09-17 Goodyear tires selected for 2010 Ford Taurus
Ford Motor Co. has selected a variety of Goodyear tires as original equipment fitments for the 2010 Ford Taurus.
- 2009-09-18 Nokian Tyres Offer Slush-Planing Protection
Nokian has introduced new sizes of two "green" high performance winter tyres, which the company says are its safest yet – the WR G2 and, for SUVs, the WR G2 SUV.
- 2009-09-19 Michelin evaluating Asian expansion
Michelin is contemplating the need for an acquisition or acquisitions in Asia in the future to carry out its growth strategy for the region, Michelin executives told a gathering analysts in Frankfurt this week.
- 2009-09-18 Bridgestone unveils ECOPIA EP150 eco-friendly tyre
New low rolling resistance tyre combines high-level wet safety with lower fuel consumption and CO2 emissions
- 2009-09-19 Cooper raising prices on most consumer tire lines
Cooper Tire & Rubber Co., reacting to the pending increase in tariffs on consumer tires from China, is raising prices on most of its passenger and light truck tire lines by up to 12 percent.
- 2009-09-21 Kumho raises prices because of tariffs
Kumho Tire U.S.A. Corp. is raising tire prices as a result of market pressures created by the recent increased tariff on Chinese consumer tire imports.
- 2009-09-22 Federal та Hero Tires разом розробили технологію виробництва шин без застосування високоароматичних олій
Відтепер шини бренду Federal матимуть спеціальне маркування, яке свідчитиме про відсутність шкідливих високоароматичних олій у складі гумової суміші.
- 2009-09-22 Marangoni Gears up for Winter
The Marangoni Group research centre is located in Rovereto, Italy, at the foot of the Alps, where snow covered and icy roads plus below-zero temperatures are normal for many weeks of the year.
- 2009-09-22 Goodyear Going Shopping For TC Debica Shares
Debica produced its first tyre seventy years ago and has been partially owned by Goodyear since 1995
- 2009-09-23 Cooper Tire to Expand Mississippi Plant
COOPER TIRE & RUBBER COMPANY held an official groundbreaking ceremony today for its facility expansion project in Tupelo, Miss.
- 2009-09-23 Goodyear CEO Sees Innovation as Key to Future Prosperity
Cites responsiveness, speed and commitment as ingredients for success
- 2009-09-24 Toyo to shift Chinese tire output to Japan
Toyo Tire & Rubber Co. Ltd. will move production of consumer tires it makes in China for export to the U.S. to plants in Japan in response to the Obama administration’s decision to impose higher tariffs on Chinese-made passenger and light truck tires.
- 2009-09-24 Titan International Inc. Signs Letter of Intent with Goodyear Tire & Rubber Co.
Titan International Inc. announces today that it has signed a letter of intent with The Goodyear Tire & Rubber Company to purchase certain farm tire assets, including the Goodyear Dunlop Tires France (GDTF) Amiens North factory.
- 2009-09-25 Michelin starts to 'ramp down' in Opelika
Michelin North America Inc. will lay off 350 employees at its Opelika, Ala., plant on Oct. 2 as part of "ramp-down activities" at the factory, according to Michelin officials.
- 2009-09-25 Yokohama Rubber Establishes Yokohama Mold to Manufacture and Sell Tire Molds
The Yokohama Rubber Co., Ltd., today announced that it established Yokohama Mold Co., Ltd., a company manufacturing and selling tire molds, by acquiring the tire mold manufacturing business of Hashiba Tire Mold Inc., in July this year.
- 2009-09-28 Analysts Predict Michelin to Benefit Most from Market Recovery
Financial analysts are predicting that Michelin will benefit most from a margin recovery effect set to hit premium tyre manufacturers in 2010.
- 2009-09-28 Nexen to build 2nd plant in South Korea
Nexen Tire Corp. will invest $843 million over eight years in a passenger and light truck tire plant in South Korea to meet growing demand for fuel-efficient tires.
- 2009-09-29 Yokohama goes ECO
Yokohama is set to change the tyres it supplies to the FIA World Touring Car Championship (WTCC) from next year.
- 2009-09-29 Hankook Confirms it is Considering 6th Tire Plant
When Hankook executives announced details of their plans to expand production at the company’s Dunaujvaros, Hungary, factory earlier in September, the Financial Times reported that either an Indian or Malaysian plant are next on the list.
- 2009-09-30 Falken unveils High Country A/T light truck tire
Falken Tire Corp. has introduced a new light truck tire, the High Country A/T, which fits wheels with 15-inch through 20-inch diameters.
- 2009-09-30 Carlisle Pirelli Workers Given Increase in Hours
Workers at Pirelli’s plant in Carlisle have been given increased hours, according to local newspaper, News & Star, continuing that the Italian manufacturer has lifted its suspension of the ‘guaranteed week’ thanks to a “stabilisation” of orders in the European market.
- 2009-10-01 Toyo to switch US bound tyre production
Toyo Tire is switching the production of passenger car and light commercial vehicle tyres destined for the US market from its plant in China.
- 2009-10-01 Bridgestone Aircraft Radial Tires to be Supplied for Airbus A350 XWB -Newest Structure Tire for Next-generation Passenger Airliner-
Bridgestone Corporation announced today that it has been selected to supply tires for the Airbus A350 XWB (eXtra Wide Body).
- 2009-10-06 Goodyear Launches DT818 High Speed
Goodyear UK and Ireland has launched its DT818 High Speed to the market.
- 2009-10-06 Toyo Tire to increase prices Nov. 1
Toyo Tire U.S.A. Corp. said the company will increase prices on three tire lines by up to five percent, effective Nov. 1, in response to mounting industry costs.
- 2009-10-05 Dunlop Tops Sports Car Tire Test
Goodyear’s Dunlop Direzza Sport Z1 Star Spec ultra-high performance tire was rated tops in a recent test by Sports Car magazine.
- 2009-10-07 The new Nokian Loader Grip 2 – maximum grip for wheel loaders
The new Nokian Loader Grip 2 indulges machine contractors with its relentless grip.
- 2009-10-07 "The Right Tire Changes Everything" Michelin's First Global Advertising Campaign
Today, Michelin is launching its first global advertising campaign. The new campaign’s theme – "The right tire changes everything" – is intended to illustrate the competitive advantages of Michelin® tires in media outlets around the world.
- 2009-10-07 Original Equipment on Toyota Prius
Toyo Tire Europe GmbH are proud to announce that Toyota have chosen TOYO TIRES for fitment to the new, third generation Toyota Prius.
- 2009-10-08 Michelin Fairs Well in Consumer Reports Tests
The X-Ice XI2 was top for winter tyres.
- 2009-10-08 Kumho Delays US Facility
Local NBC reports in Georgia, USA say that Kumho is to delay the building of its tyre manufacturing plant in the state’s Bibb County.
- 2009-10-09 RainSport 2 scoops Which? award
The RainSport 2 has been named Which? Best Buy in the consumer association’s most recent tyre test.
- 2009-10-09 Continental tops in tyres test
In the winter tyre tests carried out by the experts from German magazines 'AutoBild' and 'Auto Zeitung' the ContiWinterContact TS 830 achieved the top ratings 'exemplary' and 'highly recommended'.
- 2009-10-10 GITI introduces long-haul medium truck tire
GITI Tire (USA) Ltd. has introduced a new long-haul medium truck tire, the GT669+, which is available in four sizes: 295/75R22.5, 11R22.5, 285/75R24.5 and 11R24.5.
- 2009-10-09 Dunlop's 4th Generation Runflat Tires
"Thermal Control Technology" Enhances Ride Comfort to Be Same as or Better than Standard Tires
- 2009-10-12 Hankook Tire to invest in its Hungary plant for additional production capacity
- EUR 230 million investment into additional facilities at Hungary plant
- Plans for ten million tires per year production capacity by 2011
- Demonstrates stronger focus on European market
- 2009-10-12 New Regional Drive Tire from Continental
- HDR1® Uses Continental’s Expertise in Regional Applications
- Open Shoulder Increases Traction
- Tire Features Irregular Wear Resistance and Long Mileage
- 2009-10-13 Cooper Launches UK-Designed UHP 4x4/SUV Tyre
The first in Cooper’s 4x4 product portfolio to be developed outside the USA, the Zeon 4XS, says the American manufacturer, has been designed specifically to meet the demands of European 4x4 vehicles on European roads.
- 2009-10-15 Pirelli will raise prices due to tariffs
Pirelli Tire North America Inc. (PTNA) is raising prices on its P4 Four Seasons and Cinturato P5 tires by 10% "as a result of market pressures by the recent tariff on Chinese consumer tire imports, as well as an increase in rubber and raw material costs," according to Pirelli officials.
- 2009-10-15 The MICHELIN Agilis X-ICE NORTH
Enhancing the mobility of utility van drivers in the most challenging winter driving conditions.
- 2009-10-16 Bridgestone OE on Mercedes-Benz S Class hybrid in Japan
Bridgestone has started supplying Potenza RE050 Ecopia tyres as standard equipment for the Mercedes-Benz S-Class hybrid long – the first imported hybrid vehicle to hit Japan’s roads.
- 2009-10-16 Michelin will continue Green X Challenge in 2010
Michelin North America Inc. will continue its support of the Michelin Green X Challenge—an American Le Mans Series competition tied to fuel efficiency—during the 2010 ALMS season.
- 2009-10-23 Audi S6 from Eibach with AEZ Lascar
Even in the rain the Audi S6 from Eibach and the AEZ Lascar are superb eye-catchers
- 2009-10-23 Goodyear tops Auto Express tyre test
Goodyear’s Excellence High Performance tyre for small SUVs has come out on top in a series of tyre tests conducted by Auto Express magazine.
- 2009-11-06 Toyo Proxes OE for Audi S6
Audi has chosen Toyo’s Proxes T1-AO as an original equipment fitment on its latest model S6.
- 2009-11-11 FALKEN TIRE ANNOUNCES THE RELEASE OF THE NEW AZENIS RT615-K TIRE
Falken Tire is proud to announce the launch of the new Azenis RT615-K.
- 2009-11-12 BFGoodrich unveils new tyre
BFGoodrich has unveiled its new tyre for off-road enthusiasts – the Mud-Terrain T/A KM2.
- 2009-11-12 Milan Show: Pirelli launch Diablo Rosso Corsa
Last night Pirelli launched their latest road/track tyre replacing the outgoing Corsa III, the Diablo Rosso Corsa.
- 2009-11-13 Cooper Tire launches first UHP 4x4/SUV product
Cooper Tire’s first ever premium UHP 4x4/SUV tyre, the Cooper Zeon 4XS, has been uveiled.
- 2009-11-16 Bridgestone Building Up Indian Business
Bridgestone Corp. is looking to take a 30% share of the Indian tire market, and is reportedly ramping up passenger tire production and settling distribution to meet the fast growing market.
- 2009-11-17 Pirelli touts Scorpion Verde’s green performance
Pirelli Tire North America Inc. unveiled the Scorpion Verde All Season tire at the Specialty Equipment Market Association show, touting it as a green performance tire designed specifically for SUVs, crossovers and light trucks.
- 2009-11-20 Worn tyre warning
As further evidence emerges that motorists are delaying the replacement of worn or defective tyres, drivers who are looking to save money may be tempted to purchase part-worn or second-hand tyres.
- 2009-11-23 Goodyear Assurance Fuel Max Tires Selected for 2010 Toyota Prius
The 2010 Toyota Prius, with its excellent fuel economy and low emissions, now comes standard with Goodyear’s new fuel-efficient tire, Assurance Fuel Max.
- 2009-11-23 Vredestein introduces “Premium Styling by Vredestein” at the Essen Motorshow
Vredestein introduces the new concept: Premium Styling by Vredestein at the Essen Motorshow (28.11- 6.12- 2009).
- 2009-11-24 Pirelli eyes 2nd option in Russia
Pirelli Tyre S.p.A.’s plans for Russia may include buying an existing factory in addition to building a plant, according to Pirelli Tyre CEO Francesco Gori.
- 2009-11-24 Bridgestone to Cease Tire Supply to the FIA Formula One World Championship
Bridgestone Corporation (Bridgestone) announced that it will not enter into a new tire supply contract with the FIA Formula One World Championship (F1) series; the current contract is set to expire at the end of the 2010 season.
- 2009-11-23 Next-Generation Eco Tire Technology "AIRTEX Advanced Liner" is Released
Reduces Air Leakage, Further Cutting Fuel Consumption
- 2009-11-25 Cooper Tire Increases Capacity at Findlay, Ohio Tire Plant
Cooper Tire & Rubber Company (NYSE: CTB) today announced that it is adding capacity at its Findlay, Ohio, tire plant with an additional $10 million investment in automation, cost improvements and retooling to support market trends.
- 2009-11-25 Goodyear wins honors from Popular Science
The Goodyear Assurance Fuel Max tire has been named to Popular Science magazine's 2009 "Best of What's New" list in the Automotive Technology category.
- 2009-11-26 NEC Show: Avon Tyres to release new Storm 2 Ultra
Avon Tyres will release a successor to the phenomenally popular Storm ST family of sports-touring tyres at this year's NEC Show, later this week.
- 2009-11-26 AirBlade and Yacht: innovative designs from AEZ for 2010
Stylish novelties from AEZ for 2010
- 2009-11-27 ALCAR HYBRIDRAD
Steel Design perfection - this steel wheel is a new way!
- 2009-11-27 DEZENT RG dark and DEZENT RI dark – dark novelties from Dezent for 2010
A new presence of the classical designs.
- 2009-12-01 New Battlax BT-023: a "full spec" sport touring tyre
Bridgestone has developed the new Battlax BT-023 tyre for consistent high-level performance in both touring and sport riding.
- 2009-12-01 Dunlop to introduce new record-breaking SP QuattroMaxx
Dunlop has announced a brand new tyre for high performance Sport Utility Vehicles (SUV).
- 2009-12-02 Bridgestone Americas Tire Operations, LLC Announces Consumer Tire Price Increases
Bridgestone Americas Tire Operations, LLC (BATO) has announced price increases on the company’s Bridgestone, Firestone and associate brand consumer tires.
- 2009-12-03 Yokohama to raise tire prices
Yokohama Tire Corp. is boosting prices on its consumer tires by up to 6 percent, effective Jan. 1.
- 2009-12-03 Conti to raise prices Jan. 1
Continental Tire North America Inc. is raising prices up to 5 percent on all Continental, General and proprietary brand passenger and light truck tires in the U.S., effective Jan. 1.
- 2009-12-03 Bridgestone Innovative 3rd Generation Run-Flat Technology Featured As Original Equipment On Toyota’s New Sienna Minivan
Bridgestone Americas Tire Operations (BATO) is pleased to announce that its Turanza EL400 Run-Flat tires featuring the company’s latest “3G RFT” technology will be fitted as standard equipment on select models of Toyota’s new 2011 Sienna minivan.
- 2009-12-04 Continental Launches ContiSportContact 5 P UHP, Tuning Tyre
Continental has announced the availability of its new tyre for high performance sports cars, the ContiSportContact 5 P.
- 2009-12-04 Pirelli, JV partner to buy Russian tire plant
Pirelli & C. S.p.A. and Russian Technologies State Corp. are enlarging the scope of their 13-month-old cooperation agreement to include the acquisition of an existing Russian tire plant.
- 2009-12-05 Pirelli will raise prices up to 4.5%
Due to escalating raw material costs, Pirelli Tire LLC will increase prices up to 4.5% on all passenger and light truck tires -- excluding its P4/P5 touring lines.
- 2009-12-04 NEW RIAL ROMA
RIAL is extending its big offer of attractive alloy wheel rims with yet another shining star. We’re talking about the new ROMA.
- 2009-12-04 Yokohama AVID® ENVigor™
Yokohama Tire Corporation Introduces the All-New AVID® ENVigor™, a ‘Grand Performance’ Tire. Available in U.S. in 2010 in 69 Sizes
- 2009-12-09 Yokohama’s Super E-spec tyres
Yokohama is going green with its Super E-spec high performance tyre range.
- 2009-12-11 Apollo sets up global marketing structure
Apollo Tyres Ltd is establishing a new global marketing structure under the supervision of Marc Luyten, who previously headed up Vredestein’s marketing and sales division.
- 2009-12-11 Goodyear EfficientGrip to be on Renault Electric
When the Fluence Z.E. enters series production, it will roll out of the factory on Goodyear’s EfficientGrip.
- 2009-12-11 山大王 creates deep impression in COC
The 2009 China Cross Country Circuit Championship (COC) held at Chenzhou on 23rd November 2009 has special significance as it marked the introduction of Giti Tire new 4x4 competition tire, GitiCompete 4x4 Extreme 1 or 山大王.
- 2009-12-14 Nokian will raise prices 3% to 6%
Nokian Tyres Inc. will raise prices on all of its products from 3% to 6%, effective Jan. 11, due to rising raw material and other costs.
- 2009-12-14 Trelleborg to cede Galaxy rights to Alliance
Trelleborg Wheel Systems S.p.A. will stop distributing Galaxy-brand off-the-road tires in Europe as a result of Alliance Tire Group’s purchase of worldwide rights to the Galaxy brand from GPX International Inc., spokespersons for Trelleborg and Alliance said.
- 2009-12-15 Kumho strikes Mercedes-Benz truck deal
Kumho has struck a deal with Mercedes-Benz to supply truck tyres for the company’s heavy duty Actros truck.
- 2009-12-16 All Change in UK Commercial Vehicle Tyre Market 2009
How do this year's truck tyre figures stack up?
- 2009-12-17 Falken Tire Launches New Social Media Efforts
Falken Tire is proud to announce the launch of its new social media marketing efforts on the web. Utilizing freely available social media outlets such as FaceBook and Twitter, it is Falken Tire's goal to reach the already dedicated Falken fans and educate and inspire them to spread the word about the Falken Brand virally.
- 2009-12-17 Pirelli, Dunlop roll out ‘greener’ race tires
Pirelli Competizioni and Dunlop Motorsports both will be offering “greener” race tires this coming season, having converted their respective race tire production to more environmentally friendly processes.
- 2009-12-18 Hakkapeliitta admitted to the List of Trademarks with a Reputation
The National Board of Patents and Registration of Finland (NBPR) admitted Nokian Tyres’ trademark "Hakkapeliitta" to its List of Trademarks with a Reputation.
- 2009-12-18 Eib and Pirelli: financing agreement for 50 mln Euros signed to increase tyre production in Romania
The European Investment Bank (EIB) and Pirelli have signed a financing agreement for EUR 50 million today.
- 2009-12-22 Michelin increasing tire prices
Michelin North America Inc. has become the 10th tire maker to announce plans for a price increase.
- 2009-12-23 CTNA will hike truck tire prices up to 8%
Continental Tire North America Inc. (CTNA) will raise prices on its Continental, General and Ameristeel brand medium truck tires up to 8% on Feb. 1.
- 2009-12-23 Avoid snow disruption by checking tyre tread
Without adequate tread depth in the snow, drivers may lose traction and find they are unable to steer, brake or accelerate properly.
- 2009-12-24 Conti HTL1 truck tire is SmartWay approved
A fourth Continental truck tire, the HTL1 wide-based trailer tire, has been approved by the EPA for inclusion in their SmartWay Transport Partnership list.
- 2009-12-30 Yokohama Teams With Toyota on OE Fitments
The 2010 Toyota Prius and the 2010 Toyota 4Runner are the latest additions to Yokohama Tire Corp.’s growing OE portfolio.Our phones(044) 592-80-76(098) 606-19-98(066) 354-12-73(063) 061-30-44Ads
- 2009-04-09 Dunlop Wins OE Fitment Contract on Jaguar XFR and XKR