News for 2008
- 2008-01-02 Continental Opens 100th Dealership in China
Continental Tire opened its 100th dealership in China in mid-December.
- 2008-01-02 OTR Shortage Leads to 300% Price Hike in Two Years
Those buying OTR tyres in the Middle East are likely to encounter further price hikes of 20% to 30%.
- 2008-01-02 ASA Issues Updated TireMaster
ASA Tire Systems has released version 7.5.0 of its TireMaster software.
- 2008-01-02 New WRC Tyre Specifications in 2008
As Pirelli begins its role as single supplier WRC for the next three years, beginning with the 2008 season, the Italian manufacturer has announced the following rule changes the FIA has made affecting tyres.
- 2008-01-03 New Winter Tire Test Videos Available
Transport Canada, the Automobile Protection Agency (APA) and the Rubber Association of Canada co-created a video series to demonstrate how winter tires improve winter driving safety.
- 2008-01-03 Yokohama Shods New Mitsu Evo
Yokohama A13C tires are standard equipment on the new 2008 Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution, introduced during the recent Greater Los Angeles Auto Show.
- 2008-01-04 TireLogic Goes Digital
Goodyear has taken its TireLogic truck industry customer magazine to the digital world.
- 2008-01-04 MNA Announces Price Increases
Fast-rising raw material, energy and transportation costs have pushed Michelin to announce price hikes in North America and Japan.
- 2008-01-04 WRX STI on Dunlop Performance Tires
The 2008 Subaru Impreza WRX STI sold in North America will sport Dunlop SP Sport 600 radials.
- 2008-01-04 Goodyear Puts Wings on New GPS System
Goodyear has licensed its name to appear on a series of NCC-produced GPS navigation systems.
- 2008-01-07 Goodyear Hiking Prices
Goodyear Tire & Rubber Co. has informed its dealers that it is raising prices on all of its passenger and light truck/SUV tires by up to 7%.
- 2008-01-07 Winter Driving School Hits the Big 25
The Bridgestone Winter Driving School, located in Steamboat Springs, Colo., is celebrating its 25th anniversary this year.
- 2008-01-07 Hercules to Launch 3 New SUV Lines
Hercules Tire International president Joe Recchia has announced that the Canada-based company will use its Tyrexpo Africa exhibit to introduce three new SUV lines.
- 2008-01-07 Optimism Returning to the Market
“It was fantastic to see optimism returning to the agricultural tyre market in 2007. Despite all the problems that farmers faced last year, the better wheat and milk prices seem to have steadied the ship,” comments Barry Coleman, Firestone’s marketing manager.
- 2008-01-08 Conti Sets April Price Hike
Continental Tire North America is raising prices on all of its branded and private brand passenger and light truck/SUV tires up to an average of 7%, effective Apr. 1.
- 2008-01-08 Alarming Results From NTDA Driver Survey
The NTDA has called on small business car users to take a more responsible attitude to tyre maintenance after results of a survey issued this week showed that over 70% of vehicles in this sector were running on cars with tyre problems.
- 2008-01-08 BFNAT Invests in Bloomington Plant
Bridgestone/Firestone North American Tire is making a significant financial investment in its Bloomington, Ill., Off Road Tire plant that will allow the plant to produce new off road tire sizes and double the facility’s giant loader tire curing capacity.
- 2008-01-09 Continental to Relaunch ContiNetwork
When Tyres & Accessories recently attended Continental's annual media briefing, we expected to hear details of the previous year's market statistics and product trends.
- 2008-01-09 Pirelli Now Producing Full Line-up in China
Currently nine of the world's 10 largest tyre manufacturers have their own production bases in China.
- 2008-01-09 Discount Tire, Enkei Team on Formula D Wheel
Enkei International has partnered with Discount Tire to offer the Enkei FD-05, named the official wheel of the Formula Drift series.
- 2008-01-04 Continental to build brake test site in Hungary
According to the daily Napi Gazdaság, Germany’s car parts maker Continental AG will build a testing grounds for electronic braking systems (EBS) and their components in Hungary, near city Veszprém, through an investment of billions of forints.
- 2008-01-10 ContiSportContact 3 high-tech tyres combines safety with design excellence
Hanover, November 2007. The Design Center Stuttgart has bestowed one of its most prestigious awards to the ContiSportContact 3. The jury was won over by the combination of high-tech and safety features, and excellent design. After being whittled down to 62 finalists from a total of 206 entrants, the sports tyre finally received the silver medal.
- 2008-01-10 Apollo Tyres to Double Radial CV Tyre Production
Apollo Tyres has announced it is planning to double commercial vehicle (CV) tyre production capacity at its Vadodara plant.
- 2008-01-10 Sealant, TPMS to be Marketed Together
TPMS-maker Advantage PressurePro and Inovex Industries, manufacturer of Ride-On Tire Sealant, have joined forces to co-market their products.
- 2008-01-10 Laugfs to Enter Pneumatic Tyre Market - Reports
- 2008-01-11 Waste Protocols Project was set in UK
The Waste Protocols Project is a joint Environment Agency and WRAP (Waste & Resources Action Programme) initiative funded by the Department for Environment, Food and Rural Affairs (Defra), Business Resource Efficiency and Waste (BREW) Programme.
- 2008-01-11 Conti to Build New Automotive Plant in India
Continental AG is looking to boost its India operations and broaden the range of products it offers to customers in the region following its recent buyout of Siemens’ VDO unit.
- 2008-01-11 Toyo Releases Findings of Compliance Reporting Investigation
On Jan. 8 Toyo Tire & Rubber issued its findings from an internal investigation into the company's urethane-based heat-resistant building construction material business, and announced an action plan to ensure future compliance with all laws, regulations, company policies and rules.
- 2008-01-11 Investment Fund Secures 5.5% Stake in Goodyear
According to a filing lodged with the Securities and Exchange Commission in the US on January 8, the share in Goodyear Tire & Rubber held by New York-based hedge fund TPG-Axon Capital Management LP now stands at 5.5%.
- 2008-01-11 Bridgestone OE for 2008 Highlander
Bridgestone-brand Dueler H/L 400 tires are original equipment for Toyota’s all-new, next-generation Highlander SUV.
- 2008-01-11 Lionax Reaches DPS Development ‘Milestone’
Lionax, the first Chinese company listed on the Euronext pan-European stock exchange, announced on Jan. 7 that it has reached a “key milestone” in its quest to develop the industry's leading next generation Digital Pressure Sensor (DPS), a critical component in TPMS systems in terms of both function and cost.
- 2008-01-11 Yokohama Tires to Play Part in ‘Speed Racer’
Yokohama Rubber Co., Ltd., announced that it has concluded a product placement agreement for the latest Hollywood film by the Wachowski brothers - Speed Racer, scheduled for release in major international markets in May and in Japan in July.
- 2008-01-11 Automechanika Thailand Set for March 2008
Automechanika Thailand, the leading international trade fair for the automotive parts, components and aftermarket industry in Thailand, is scheduled for March 6–9, 2008 at the IMPACT Exhibition and Convention Centre, Bangkok.
- 2008-01-14 Bridgestone Designs Tire for Hummer HX Concept
Bridgestone/Firestone North American Tire, in cooperation with General Motors, has designed a Dueler concept tire for the Hummer HX concept sport utility truck, introduced by GM at the 2008 North American International Auto Show.
- 2008-01-14 ECI Raises ‘Full house’ Sign As Tyrexpo Africa '08 Sells Out
The ‘full house’ signs went up at Tyrexpo Africa ’08 this week as organizers of the international tyre and equipment show found room for a clutch of final exhibitors for the March 4-6 event in Johannesburg’s Sandton Convention Centre.
- 2008-01-14 Marangoni Aims to Take Tuning Market by Storm
Marangoni has announced major sponsorship deals with Santa Pod Raceway at Autosport International 2008.
- 2008-01-14 Tyre Recycling Faces a Reptilian Delay
The businessman behind plans for a tyre recycling facility in the Barrow docks area is hoping to begin set up work on the project by February despite a last-minute environmental hurdle.
- 2008-01-14 PCL Joins TyreSafe
Pneumatics Components Ltd. has pledged support for campaign group TyreSafe as part of its drive to promote tyre safety amongst consumers.
- 2008-01-14 MRF Likely OE Partner for World’s Cheapest Car
The Ninth Auto Expo in New Delhi was selected as the venue for the January 10 launch of the world’s cheapest car, India’s Tata Nano.
- 2008-01-14 Conti Renews Uniroyal UK Distribution Agreement
The partnership established in 2000 between Continental Tyre Group and Uniroyal Truck Tyres UK, granting exclusive rights to distribute Uniroyal brand truck tyres throughout the UK & Ireland, has been extended for a further five years.
- 2008-01-11 Cooper to sponsor bull riding series
Cooper has been named the official tire of the Professional Bull Riders Inc.'s 2009 Ford Built Tough Series.
- 2008-01-13 Kumho gets first major OE supply contract with…
Kumho Tire U.S.A. Inc. will ship some 400,000 tires to Chrysler LLC as part of its first major original equipment contract in North America. The company made the announcement at the Kumho Dealer Meeting in Rio Grande, Puerto Rico.
- 2008-01-14 Toyo unveils new sizes for race tire
Toyo Tire U.S.A. Corp. has rolled out two new sizes for its Proxes R888 R-compound tire to fit the Lotus Exige and Elise.
- 2008-01-15 Apollo Unveils First Winter Tyres
At Auto Expo 2008 in New Delhi, India, Onkar S. Kanwar, chairman and managing director of Apollo Tyres, unveiled the company’s first winter tyres – Acelere Ice and Hawkz Ice – meant for passenger vehicles and 4x4s, making Apollo the first Indian tyre company to manufacture winter tires.
- 2008-01-15 Michelin Sets Theme for 2009 Challenge Design
Michelin has announced the 2009 theme for its global vehicle design competition, Michelin Challenge Design, asking entrants to explore the future of transportation and share their brave and bold vision for “America's Next Iconic Vehicle.”
- 2008-01-14 Dunlop Control Tyre for New UK GT Cup Series
The organizers of the new GT Cup racing series have chosen Dunlop Motorsport as the sole tyre supplier to the inaugural series.
- 2008-01-16 Michelin to Double Capacity at Romanian Plant
Production capacity at Michelin’s Victoria Floresti factory in Romania will reportedly double over a two-year period to eight million units.
- 2008-01-16 Apollo to Build in Hungary, Eyes Europe and N.A. Markets
Apollo officials said they have been evaluating various options for a European manufacturing hub to service the European and North American markets.
- 2008-01-16 Cheap Biofuel From Tyres
General Motors Corp. is planning to produce biofuel from garbage at a cost of less than a dollar a gallon.
- 2008-01-16 Lanxess Releases New Tyre Additive
Specialty chemicals group Lanxess has developed a new high-performance rubber additive.
- 2008-01-16 Chinese Car Makers Have Plans For U.S. Market
There are five Chinese car manufacturers exhibiting at the Detroit auto show – five times as many as at last year's event – and they have plans to sell their products in the U.S. market.
- 2008-01-16 South Korean Manufacturer Signs OE Deal
Hankook Tire Co. signed a deal to supply OE tires for the new Volkswagen Tiguan SUV.
- 2008-01-17 Pirelli, Banks Get Closer to Tire Share Deal
Pirelli SpA remains serious about buying back the 39% stake in its global tire operations it sold off to a group of banks in 2006.
- 2008-01-17 Yokohama Signs Deal for Europe Test Track
Yokohama Rubber Co. has signed a lease deal with Spain’s IDIADA Automotive Technology SA that will give the tiremaker access to IDIADA’s new test track.
- 2008-01-18 Pirelli Reaches Back for New Line
Pirelli Tyre is bringing back a familiar name, and putting 100 million euros behind it.
- 2008-01-18 European, U.S. Tyre Sales Reveal Mixed Results
Sales of summer passenger car tyres throughout Europe in 2007 are said to have increased by 3% over 2006 figures, which in turn were a 2.5% increase over those recorded in 2005.
- 2008-01-18 Eagle F1 Asymmetric Wins Tire Rack Test
Tire Rack testing showed that Goodyear’s new Eagle F1 Asymmetric bested three competitive tires in the tire and wheel seller’s “max performance” category.
- 2008-01-21 Michelin: OE Customers Prepared to Pay Extra for Green Tyres
Analysts from the Societe Generale report that Michelin representatives have, during a Roadshow event, expressed the opinion that OE manufacturers would be prepared to spend extra for environmentally friendly “green tyres.”
- 2008-01-21 Lanxess India to Begin Tyre Chemical Production in 2010
Specialty chemicals group Lanxess AG intends to invest 50 million euros in relocating production of rubber chemicals from Thane, in the Indian state of Maharastra, to Jhagadia, in Gujarat.
- 2008-01-17 Bridgestone Motorsport Jerez Test Summary
The Jerez race circuit in Spain was the location for Bridgestone Motorsport to begin its three-year tenure as Official Tyre Supplier to the FIA Formula One World Championship as nine of Formula One's eleven teams attended the first test of 2008 on January 14-16.
- 2008-01-20 Goodyear cited for safety violations
Goodyear Tire & Rubber Co. has been penalized a proposed $52,000 in fines by the U.S. Department of Labor’s Occupational Safety and Health Administration for five safety violations discovered during an inspection of the company’s manufacturing facility.
- 2008-01-22 Dunlop India Hopeful for Fresh OE Agreements
Dunlop India is reported to be seeking fresh OE deals. According to the Times of India, the Ruia Group has entered into talks with India’s largest commercial vehicle maker, Tata Motors, regarding a truck tyre deal.
- 2008-01-22 Bridgestone to Increase PCR Capacity in Thailand
Bridgestone Corp. has announced that its subsidiary in Thailand, Thai Bridgestone Co. Ltd., will boost capacity at its Nong Khae passenger car tyre facility.
- 2008-01-22 Reports: EU Legislation Will Kill Budget Tyres
New EU regulations could lead to “type approval” of tyre specifications on CO2 emissions, effectively pushing out economy options that perform lower than the premium brands in this respect.
- 2008-01-23 Van Man’s Best Friend!
BFGoodrich has launched its new Activan range of van tyres that have been specifically designed to cope with the arduous operating conditions faced by tyres fitted to these vehicles.
- 2008-01-23 Yokohama Sues Hangzhou Zhongee
Bloomberg has reported that Yokohama Rubber Co. has sued China's Hangzhou Zhongee Rubber Co., accusing it of copying a patented tread design.
- 2008-01-23 Hankook Sales Up, Ordinary Income Down in 2007
Hankook Tire reports positive sales and operating income results for 2007. The tyremaker has recorded sales of 2.253 trillion won (£1.2 billion), an increase of 9.2% on its 2006 results.
- 2008-01-24 The new, studless alternative for Nordic winter driving: Nokian Hakkapeliitta R
Nokian Tyres offers the widest range of winter tyre sizes on the market: 44 sizes ranging from 14” to 20”. The Nokian Hakkapeliitta R will be available in tyre outlets in the autumn of 2008. The key market areas for the tyre are the Nordic countries and Russia.
- 2008-01-24 Pirelli Reveals New WRC Winter Tyres
Pirelli’s tyre range for this year’s FIA World Rally Championship has been completed with the addition of two new winter tyres.
- 2008-01-24 2007 Online Tire Sales Exceed Forecast
TireTrader, the innovative e-commerce suite offering developed by Signal Extraprise Corp. that simplifies ordering, streamlines the distribution network, reduces costs, and provides competitive advantage, processed over $113 million in sales during 2007.
- 2008-01-24 Goodyear Plans Production Cutback in France Due to Lack of Competitiveness
The Goodyear Tire & Rubber Company today announced that its European Union business unit is planning to reduce tire production at its two factories in Amiens, France, because their costs are not competitive.
- 2008-01-24 Nokian Hakkapeliitta R SUV – new friction tyre for safe and enjoyable SUV driving in the winter
Retail sales of Nokian Hakkapeliitta R SUV tyres will begin in the Nordic countries, Russia and other major market regions of Nokian Tyres in the spring of 2008.
- 2008-01-25 Goodyear Wants Zero Waste to Landfills
Goodyear launched a new initiative to completely eliminate shipping its tire plant waste to landfills.
- 2008-01-25 New Super Wide from BFNAT
Bridgestone/Firestone North American Tire has launched a new super wide on/off highway radial. The Bridgestone L315, according to BFNAT, was “engineered for long mileage, superior traction and outstanding flotation.”
- 2008-01-25 66 Million Additional Euros Earmarked for Nokian’s Russian Facility
Russia’s AK&M Information Agency reports that investment in the second stage of the Nokian Tyres facility in Vsevolozhsk, Russia, will this year be increased by 66 million euros.
- 2008-01-28 Bridgestone Hikes Prices, Looks for Fast China Growth
Bridgestone Corp. plans to expand its retail presence in China even as it announced a round of prices increases in that country.
- 2008-01-28 Double Coin to Open New Truck Tyre Factory
Double Coin Holdings Co. plans to open a new truck tyre factory in the final quarter of 2008.
- 2008-01-28 Hakkapeliitta Truck E Points to New Truck Tyre Range
Nokian Tyres introduced the Hakkapeliitta Truck E a new tyre for trucks and buses, designed for the most demanding winter conditions.
- 2008-01-28 Tyrexpo Asia 2009 Opens for Business 6 Months Early
Tyrexpo Asia 2009, ECI International, have distributed more than 10,000 thousand brochures about the seventh staging of the popular tyre and equipment show.
- 2008-01-25 Bridgestone Valencia test summary
The Valencia race circuit in Spain played host to Bridgestone's medium compound Potenza for ten of Formula One's eleven teams for the second test of 2008 on January 22-24.
- 2008-01-29 Kumho U.S. Plant Signing Today
Asia Pulse reported today that Kumho Tire Co. has signed an investment contract to build a new passenger/light truck tire plant near Macon, Ga.
- 2008-01-29 BFNAT Takes Increase Mar. 1
Bridgestone/Firestone North American Tire is boosting prices on its Bridgestone, Firestone and associate brand lines by up to 8%.
- 2008-01-29 Hankook Claims to be “Fastest Growing” Manufacturer
Hankook Tire claims it was, in terms of sales, the world’s fastest growing tyre manufacturer in 2007.
- 2008-01-29 Michelin to Increase its Share in Tigar Tyres by 30%
According to a report printed in French newspaper Les Echos, Michelin will gradually increase its share in Serbia’s Tigar Tyres from 64% to 94%.
- 2008-01-29 Conti Boosting Matador Plant Production
Continental AG plans to invest some $37 million to expand production at its plant in Slovakia.
- 2008-01-30 Deal Signed – Kumho Coming to America
In ceremonies yesterday, Kumho Tire Co. formally signed an agreement to build a $225 million tire manufacturing facility on a 127-acre site in Sofkee Industrial Park in Macon, Ga.
- 2008-01-30 Analysts: High Raw Material Prices Protect Tyre Manufacturer Margins
Following Bridgestone/Firestone’s recent decision to increase prices in North America, Deutsche Bank analysts have observed that high raw material prices are allowing the leading players to indirectly influence market prices.
- 2008-01-30 Polish Firm Buys Colway Brand
The Colway brand and equipment owned by County Durham-based C-Tyres have been bought by Polish retread company, Mark Gum.
- 2008-01-30 Michelin Gets OE on Russian Toyotas
Groupe Michelin will be the OE tire supplier for Toyota Camry sedans produced at Toyota’s new plant near St. Petersburg, Russia.
- 2008-02-01 Conti Says Profits Have Come to Passenger/LT Side
Continental Tire North America says its passenger/light truck tire division will finish 2007 in the black for the first time in a decade.
- 2008-02-01 BFNAT Wants New Tech Center, Akron or Nashville Possible
Bridgestone/Firestone North American Tire wants a new technical center, and is considering either building new facilities in Akron or Nashville, or trying to rehabilitate its nearly 100-year-old existing facility in south Akron.
- 2008-02-01 Conti to Supply General Lines to Canadian Tire
Continental Tire North America announced a business relationship with mega-retailer Canadian Tire, which will take on two new General tire lines later this year.
- 2008-02-01 Barrick to Fund Yokohama OTR Tyre Expansion
Further to the Jan. 30 announcement that Yokohama Rubber has signed an OTR tyre supply agreement with Barrick Gold Corporation, the mining giant disclosed it has provided Yokohama with financial assistance to upgrade its facilities in preparation for supply.
- 2008-02-01 Pirelli Looking at Second Romania Plant
Reports say that Pirelli Tyre plans to build a second plant in Romania, a 200 million euro plant in Slatina.
- 2008-02-02 Bridgestone Acquires NZ’s Largest Independent Tyre Retailer
Bridgestone has boosted its retail presence in New Zealand through the acquisition of the 19 outlets operated by Tony’s Tyre Service, the country’s independent tyre retailer.
- 2008-02-04 Squirrel, Celebs Boost Bridgestone Ads
At $2.7 million for a 30-second slot, Super Bowl ads are a huge gamble for corporations.
- 2008-02-04 DuraSeal in New Goodyear Trailer Radial
Goodyear has added its DuraSeal self-sealing technology to a new line haul radial – the Unisteel G316 LHT.
- 2008-02-04 New Passat CC Launched with Self-Sealing Tyres from Continental
The new four-door Passat CC, premiered at the Detroit Motor Show, will roll off the production line equipped with self-sealing Continental tyres.
- 2008-02-05 Goodyear Announces New Assurance Tire
The Goodyear Tire & Rubber Company announced it will add a third product offering in its popular, award-winning Assurance® line of tires. The announcement was made during the Goodyear Dealer Conference, an annual gathering of the company’s North American retail network.
- 2008-02-05 Michelin Invests $6.8 Million to Improve Fuel Economy
Michelin is investing $6.8 million in a research and development project focused on further improving vehicle fuel economy by reducing tire rolling resistance.
- 2008-02-05 CSEasy Nominated for Innovation Award
Continental’s CSEasy is apparently causing a stir in the materials handling world.
- 2008-02-05 Yokohama Tire to Introduce Two New Truck Tires
Two new Yokohama commercial truck tires will make their debut at the Technology & Maintenance Council's (TMC) annual meeting and trade show, Feb. 4-6 at the Orlando Convention Center (Booth 2023).
- 2008-02-05 Par Logistics and Advantage PressurePro Announce Real Time TPMS
Par Logistics Management Systems, a subsidiary of Par Technology, along with Advantage PressurePro LLC, are pleased to announce the introduction of the first real time tire pressure management system for the transportation industry.
- 2008-02-05 Toyo to Increase Prices
Effective March 1, 2008, Toyo Tire U.S.A. Corp. will increase pricing on consumer and commercial products up to 6%.
- 2008-02-06 Michelin Improves Best-Selling Regional Truck Tire
Michelin Americas Truck Tires has taken its best-selling, industry-leading regional tire, the all-position Michelin XZE tire, and made it better.
- 2008-02-06 Conti Tires OE for 2008 BMW Models
Continental will supply tires as original equipment for a variety of 2008 BMW models.
- 2008-02-06 Goodyear Offers NASCAR Experiences and Scholarships
As the exclusive tire supplier of NASCAR's three largest series, Goodyear Tire & Rubber Co. unveiled the Goodyear Racing and Diversity Program, an initiative the company started to provide high school students with a once- in-a-lifetime opportunity to experience the many career paths offered through the sport of NASCAR.
- 2008-02-06 Kumho Predicts $1/2 billion in 2008
Kumho established its European base in Frankfurt, Germany in January 1978; now three decades later, the South Korean tyre manufacturer is aiming to celebrate its 30th anniversary with half a billion dollars worth of European sales.
- 2008-01-29 MazdaSpeed Teams up with BP fnd Yokohama
MAZDASPEED Motorsports Development used the American Le Mans Series (ALMS) Winter Test to unveil their 2008 colors, reflecting the addition of two new partners. BP and Yokohama Tire Corporation have joined the B-K Motorsports Lola B07/46-Mazda MZR-R LMP2 team with multi-year partnerships.
- 2008-02-07 BFNAT Safety Scholars Video Contest Kicks Off
What do robots with road rage and text-messaging nutcracker dolls have in common? They were the stars of the teen-created winning videos of the 2007 Safety Scholars Video Contest sponsored by Bridgestone Firestone North American Tire.
- 2008-02-07 Kumho Develops Specialist Rally-Raid Tyre
Kumho Tyres was ready to steal a march on its competitors by producing a special 18-inch Rally Raid tyre in time for the cancelled 2008 Lisbon-Dakar Rally.
- 2008-02-07 G-Power Claims World Record on Dunlop Tyres
G-Power has claimed that its souped-up BMW M5, the 360-km/h G-Power Hurricane is the fastest in the world.
- 2008-02-08 Toyo Adds 30 Sizes to Lines
Toyo Tire USA Corp. has added 30 new sizes to its lines of passenger and light truck/SUV tires, including to its Proxes, Open Country and Versado products.
- 2008-02-10 Bridgestone Firestone Introduces The Bridgestone Potenza™ RE760 Sport™
Bridgestone Firestone North American Tire, LLC (BFNT) introduced the Bridgestone Potenza RE760 Sport today. The latest addition in the Bridgestone Potenza lineup is on display at the 2008 Chicago Auto Show in the Bridgestone Americas booth (#NH1).
- 2008-02-10 Bridgestone Potenza G019 Grid Calls Chicago "My Kind Of Town" With Chicago Auto Show Debut
A sporty new member of the Bridgestone brand family of tires made its debut today at the 2008 Chicago Auto Show. The Bridgestone Potenza™ G019™ Grid with UNI-T® technology will be on display through Sunday, Feb. 17, at the Chicago Auto Show in the Bridgestone Americas booth (NH1).
- 2008-02-12 Hankook Maintains Strong Sales Growth, Margins in 2007
Hankook Tire’s claim to be one of the world’s fastest growing tyre manufacturers was given a boost this week by the release of its 2007 results.
- 2008-02-12 Pirelli to Buy Back Tyre Unit Share in H1 2008?
For a number of months Pirelli SpA has openly expressed its intention to buy back the 38.9% share in Pirelli Tyre that it sold to a group of six banks in 2006.
- 2008-02-12 Four Drivers Named Finalists for 25th Goodyear Highway Hero Award
Goodyear has announced the four finalists for its 25th annual North America Highway Hero Award.
- 2008-02-12 Michelin Gets TWNA Achievement Award
Michelin North America's “Durable Technologies” was won the Technical Achievement Award presented by the Truck Writers of North America.
- 2008-02-12 Yokohama Sales, Earnings Up
Yokohama Rubber Co. claimed an 88.1% year-over-year increase in net income, to 25.7 billion yen, through the first three quarters of its fiscal year, which ended Dec. 31, 2007.
- 2008-02-13 Debica Launches Passio 2 Mileage Tyre
Debica has launched a new passenger car tyre aimed at the mileage market. The Debica Passio 2 summer tyre is the latest addition to the Passio product line, which is one of the most popular summer tyres in Poland, according to the Polish manufacturer (owned by the Goodyear group).
- 2008-02-13 New Sizes for Drag Radial
Cooper Tire & Rubber Co.’s Mickey Thompson unit has introduced two new sizes for its Pro Drag Radial.
- 2008-02-13 Michelin unveils 'eco-friendly' winter tire
Michelin North America introduced the next generation of its X-Ice winter tire line, the Michelin X-Ice Xi2, earlier today, Feb. 13, at a ride-and-drive event near Montreal, Quebec.
- 2008-02-15 Sumitomo Rubber Aims at 100% Natural Rubber Tire
Sumitomo Rubber Industries Ltd. has unveiled its current tire technology development and visions.
- 2008-02-15 Nexen to Add R&D Facility Here
South Korea’s Nexen Tire plans to open an engineering research and development facility in northeast Ohio, likely somewhere in the Akron area.
- 2008-02-15 New Factory For Colway Production
Following the news that Polish retreader Mark Gum had purchased the retreading equipment and the Colway and Greenway brands, all previously owned by C-Tyres, it has been revealed that the company will build a new factory in Poland to produce the tyres.
- 2008-02-15 Nokia Displays ‘Tyre Phone’ Concept
If you talk to car tyres as you amble down the street there’s every chance that all is not right in your life.
- 2008-02-16 Michelin Full-Year Sales & Income up in 2007
In its 2007 financial results, published February 15, French tyre major Michelin has reported increased sales and a markedly higher net income than that of the previous year.
- 2008-02-17 Matador Launches New SUV Tyre
Matador recently launched the MP85 Hectorra. Company representatives described the product an ultra-high performance SUV 4x4 tyre with a new high-speed summer asymmetric tread design.
- 2008-02-18 Nitto to introduce NT850 Premium luxury touring tire
Nitto Tire U.S.A. Inc. will soon be launching the Nitto NT850 Premium luxury touring tire that will offer all-season performance for a variety of luxury vehicle types such as the Toyota Camry SE, Acura TSX, Infiniti G35 Sedan and VW Jetta.
- 2008-02-18 Conti May Eliminate 2,000 VDO Jobs
It appears as if Continental plans to reduce the workforce at its VDO automotive electronic unit by 2,000 jobs.
- 2008-02-18 Bandag Unit Boots Bib, Backs Bridgestone
Speedco, a unit of Bridgestone Bandag Inc., has booted Michelin branded medium truck radials from all of its truck lube and tire locations, replacing them with Bridgestone and Firestone brand tires.
- 2008-02-18 Nokian to Install Three New Production Lines in Russian Factory
Finnish manufacturer Nokian Tyres has disclosed plans to add three extra production lines to the company’s Vsevolozhsk facility in Russia rather than the previously announced two additional lines.
- 2008-02-18 Goodyear Using Ads to Lead Race Fans to Daytona
As the exclusive tire supplier of NASCAR's three largest racing series, Goodyear Tire & Rubber Co. unveiled its newest advertising messages to reinforce its leadership role in NASCAR and consumer tire innovation.
- 2008-02-19 Bridgestone Looks at Murfreesboro for Tech Center
The Murfreesboro Gateway is among the sites Bridgestone Americas Holding Inc. is considering to relocate an Akron, Ohio, technical center, said a local official.
- 2008-02-19 Tyre Majors Show Interest in India Production
A number of global tyre majors are making their presence felt in India’s tyre market, a market valued by the Business Standard financial newspaper at Rs 190 billion (£2.44 billion).
- 2008-02-19 Sales Up, Net Profit Down at Sumitomo Rubber
- 2008-02-19 European Winter Tyre Slump May Continue in 2008
According to Deutsche Bank’s Equity Research Automotive Group, the dismal year for winter tyres experienced by our German neighbours may well be repeated in 2008.
- 2008-02-19 Tyrexpo Africa Exhibitor Numbers Up 8% for 2008 Show
It is now less than a month before Tyrexpo Africa 2008 gets underway in Johannesburg, and recent figures tell of an even healthier show than the debut exhibition in 2006.
- 2008-02-20 Titan Builds Prototype 63-Incher
Titan Tire said it has produced its first prototype 63-inch radial OTR tire at its Bryan, Ohio, plant.
- 2008-02-20 Michelin Expresses Satisfaction Over Toul Factory Agreement
In a statement dated Feb. 18, Groupe Michelin “expressed its satisfaction” following an agreement reached between the company and labour unions.
- 2008-02-20 Sales, Income Up for Bridgestone
Bridgestone Corp. claimed a 55% increase in net income for 2007, to $1.2 billion, against sales of $31.5 billion for the year.
- 2008-02-20 Toyo Net Income Muted Despite Healthy Sales
Toyo Tire & Rubber Co. has released details of business performance for the first three quarters of the financial year ending Mar. 31, 2008.
- 2008-02-20 Merger? IRL and Champ Appear Close
Speedtv.com has reported that a deal has been reached to merge the Indy Racing League and Champ Car World Series.
- 2008-02-20 Sizes Added to Mickey Thompson Line
Cooper Tire & Rubber Co.’s Mickey Thompson unit has added four new 18-inch sizes to its ET Street Radial line.
- 2008-02-21 Maxxis debuts Victra MA-Z4S UHP tire
Maxxis International - U.S.A. has introduced the Victra MA-Z4S, an ultra-high performance, all-season tire.
- 2008-02-21 A-V Resumes Production at Amtel-Povolzhye Complex
Tyre producer Amtel-Vredestein NV said, in response to press speculation last week, that production at its Amtel-Povolzhye tyre complex was resumed on Feb. 15, due to a temporary suspension in the supply of raw materials.
- 2008-02-21 CTNA Corporate Headquarters to Move in 2009
Continental announced they will move their corporate headquarters for Continental Tire North America Inc. (CTNA) from Charlotte, N.C., to Lancaster County, S.C., in 2009.
- 2008-02-21 Goodyear Plant to Expand
The City of Danville has issued a building permit for an expansion at the Goodyear Tire & Rubber Co. plant on Goodyear Boulevard.
- 2008-02-21 Bridgestone Releases 2007 Financials
Full year 2007 financial results for Bridgestone Corp. were released on January 19, and these figures paint a picture of a healthy year’s trading.
- 2008-02-23 Deadly Ignorance of Tire-Tread Law
Millions of drivers could be unwittingly endangering lives this winter by driving on perilously bald tires, reveals research by Brake and Green Flag.
- 2008-02-24 Michelin Hikes Prices in Europe
Groupe Michelin announced prices increases for European customers. The 3.5% increases on consumer tires are set to take effect between Mar. 15 and July 1.
- 2008-02-22 2007 Another Record Year for Conti
Continental AG is boasting its sixth consecutive year of record sales and earnings figures in 2007, and the company’s Executive Board chairman has expressed confidence this favourable pattern will continue.
- 2008-02-22 Analysts: 2008 Will Be ‘Another Year of Progress for Michelin’
Michelin’s full year 2007 results were “good,” according to a Deutsch Bank analyst note.
- 2008-02-22 Hankook Stock Jumps Following Morgan Upgrade
Hankook Tire’s share price has “jumped” 5.4% following an upgrade from Morgan Stanley.
- 2008-02-22 BFNAT adds to Duravis heavy-duty LT/commercial tire line
Bridgestone Firestone North American Tire LLC (BFNT) has added the new Bridgestone Duravis M700 HD to its Duravis line of heavy-duty light truck and commercial tires.
- 2008-02-25 Kumho celebrates 30 years in Europe
Korean tyre giant Kumho established its European base in Frankfurt, Germany in January 1978, so is now celebrating 30 years on the continent. The company's total European sales for 2008 are expected to exceed $1/2 billion.
- 2008-02-25 Government of Liberia and Firestone Sign Agreement
Firestone Liberia has signed an Amended and Restated Concession Agreement with the government of Liberia.
- 2008-02-25 Hankook to Raise Prices 10%
Hankook Tire intends to increase its operating profit by 32% this year, a target it will reach through the increased sale of high performance tyres and by raising prices to counter higher raw materials costs.
- 2008-02-25 Conti Discusses South Africa Power Saving Programme
At its South African operations Continental Tyre SA has, over the course of three years, introduced a range of schemes that have seen power consumption reduced by 10%. The company recently shared details of its activities in this area.
- 2008-02-25 Uniwheels to Purchase European ATS Alloy Wheel Operations
Swiss based alloy wheel manufacturer Uniwheels has announced it intends to purchase the European interests of Germany’s ATS Group.
- 2008-02-26 CTNA will add 26 sizes to General winter tire line
Continental Tire North America Inc. (CTNA) will add 26 sizes to its General Altimax Arctic winter tire line this year, CTNA officials announced earlier today at a ride-and-drive event near Montreal, Quebec.
- 2008-02-26 Foundation Stone Laid for New Apollo OTR Plant
Yet another new chapter in the history of Apollo Tyre’s impressive growth was written on February 25 at a foundation stone laying ceremony for the company's new OTR tyre production facility.
- 2008-02-26 Goodyear to Give Max Technology UK launch at CV Show
Goodyear/Dunlop will be using the 2008 Commercial Vehicle Show (15-17 April) to launch its innovative Goodyear Max Technology ranges to the UK market.
- 2008-02-26 Pirelli Signs Research Agreement
On February 22 the Pirelli Group signed an agreement to collaborate with Italy’s Piedmont Region, Turin Province, the Municipality of Settimo Torinese and the Politecnico di Torino University in the development of programmes for research and innovation; specifically, the agreement covered the building of a new Pirelli industrial complex in the territory of Settimo Torinese.
- 2008-02-27 Bridgestone Showcases its Eco-friendly Products and Projects at Eco-Products International Fair 2008
Bridgestone Corporation is pleased to announce that it will exhibit products for the first time at The 4th Eco-Products International Fair 2008 (EPIF 2008), which will be held for four days in Hanoi, Vietnam from March 1 through March 4, 2008.
- 2008-02-27 Self-healing rubber bounces back
A material that is able to self-repair even when it is sliced in two has been invented by French researchers with Dr Ludwik Leibler.
- 2008-02-27 Goodyear Supports TC Debica Truck Tire Expansion in Poland
The Goodyear Tire & Rubber Company today announced that it will ask Polish tire company TC Debica – in which it is the majority shareholder – to nearly triple its commercial tire production for Goodyear from 1,700 to 5,000 tires per day.
- 2008-02-27 The Goodyear Tire & Rubber Company, PZU Reach Agreement to Make Changes Benefiting TC Debica
The Goodyear Tire & Rubber Company and PZU today announced an agreement that will significantly enhance the value of Polish tire company TC Debica for all of its shareholders and allow for greater transparency to and input from investors.
- 2008-02-27 Yokohama Rubber Wins Import Injunction of Counterfeit DNA S. drive due to Design Right Infringement
The Yokohama Rubber Co., Ltd., today announced that the Tokyo Customs Office, as of January 18, 2008, accepted the company’s application for import injunction of counterfeit products of its DNA S. drive high-performance tires for passenger cars due to a charge that the counterfeit products infringing Yokohama Rubber’s design rights were sold in Japan.
- 2008-02-27 Kumho to Supply Tires for Daimler AG
Kumho Tire Co., Korea’s second-largest tire manufacturer, will supply high-performance tires to Daimler AG.
- 2008-02-27 Pirelli's ‘Scorpion' for Gravel Making its WRC Debut in Mexico
Pirelli’s new Scorpion tyres will make their first appearance on the opening gravel event of this year's World Rally Championship.
- 2008-02-27 Increase In Share Capital For Nokian Tyres
An increase in the share capital of Nokian Tyres, totalling 186,884 euros, was entered into the Trade Register on February 26, 2008.
- 2008-02-27 Fulda Fairs Well in «Which?» Test
The new Fulda EcoControl has been declared one of «Which?» Magazines Best Buy tyres, ranking in the top three in the Supermini tyre test.
- 2008-02-28 Yokohama Rubber Wins Import Injunction of Counterfeit DNA S. drive due to Design Right Infringement
The Yokohama Rubber Co., Ltd., today announced that the Tokyo Customs Office, as of January 18, 2008, accepted the company’s application for import injunction of counterfeit products of its DNA S. drive high-performance tires for passenger cars due to a charge that the counterfeit products infringing Yokohama Rubber’s design rights were sold in Japan.
- 2008-02-28 Bridgestone Potenza to be offered on new Pontiac models
The 2008 Pontiac G8 performance sedan will use Bridgestone Potenza RE050 А ultra-high performance tires as standard equipment on the G8 GT model and optional equipment on the car's base offering, both in size 245/45R18.
- 2008-03-01 Kumho Signs Civil Aviation Agreement with US
Kumho’s long awaited breakthrough in the area of civil aviation arrived on Feb. 19.
- 2008-03-01 Chinese Court Enforces Bridgestone Patent Infringement Ruling
On Feb. 27 Bridgestone publicly released details of a recent patent infringement case in China.
- 2008-02-28 Goodyear Dunlop Invests in Next Tread Equipment
Goodyear Dunlop UK has taken delivery of new machinery at its Next Tread truck tyre retreading plant in Wolverhampton.
- 2008-02-28 Continental Relaunches ContiNetwork CV Tyre Retail Business
Continental has relaunched its ContiNetwork UK commercial vehicle tyre retail operation.
- 2008-02-28 Moody’s Downgrades Conti’s Long-Term Rating
Moody's Investors Service has downgraded the long-term rating of Continental AG and its units to 'Baa2' following the company’s marked increase in debt and leverage resulting from the 11.4 billion euro acquisition of the Siemens VDO unit.
- 2008-02-29 Goodyear near deal on China tire plant: mayor
Top tire maker Goodyear is in final talks to invest more than $1 billion in a manufacturing plant near the Chinese city of Dalian this year, the city's mayor told Reuters on Thursday.
- 2008-02-29 Allied Waste Picks BFNAT, Bandag
Allied Waste Industries Inc. tapped Bridgestone/Firestone North American Tire and Bridgestone Bandag as preferred suppliers of new and retreaded radial truck and OTR tires.
- 2008-02-29 Cooper Sees Sales, Profit Improvements
Cooper Tire & Rubber Co. posted 2007 sales of $2.9 billion, up 13.9% vs. 2006, while net income reached $120 million, up from 2006’s loss of $78 million.
- 2008-02-29 Porsche Team Will Race on Kumho
Kumho Tire USA is now working on a tire development program for the Porsche 911 GT3 RSR.
- 2008-02-29 Calif. Utility Picks Goodyear
Goodyear has signed a three-year deal to supply tires and tire management support to Pacific Gas & Electric Co.
- 2008-03-02 Michelin Energy Saver wins ‘Tire Technology of the Year’ Award
Michelin Energy Saver has been voted Tire Technology of the Year at the Tire Technology International Awards for Innovation and Excellence.
- 2008-03-02 MICHELIN Energy Saver: Drive further while spending less
The new Michelin Energy Saver is the Company’s fourth generation of “green” car tyres that replaces the existing Energy range.
- 2008-03-03 Continental, General Tires Top Tire Rack Testing
The ContiCrossContact UHP from Continental Tire North America (CTNA) is ranked No. 1, and the General Tire Grabber UHP is a close second, in an online consumer satisfaction survey of street/sport truck summer tires conducted by The Tire Rack.
- 2008-03-03 Kumho joins LG Motorsports on GT2 Corvette
Kumho Tire will provide tires for the LG Motorsports/3 Dimensional Services/Riley Technology Corvette in the GT2 class of the American Le Mans Series for the 2008 season.
- 2008-03-03 Dunlop Aircraft Tyres Signs Mou With Haeco & Taeco To Expand Into Asiaand Pacific Rim
Dunlop Aircraft Tyres, the world's only specialist aircraft tyre manufacturer, today announced it has begun preliminary ground work investigations and held a traditional stone-laying ceremony on the site of its new retreading facility in China.
- 2008-03-04 Michelin Boosts Truck Tire Pricing
Michelin North America is increasing prices on its Michelin and BFGoodrich brand medium truck tires sold in the U.S. by as much as 8%.
- 2008-03-04 Firestone Liberia Gets Into Wood Business
Bridgestone Americas Holding’s Firestone Liberia plantation unit has opened the first phase of its effort to process rubber wood.
- 2008-03-04 Hankook Puts Tyre Prices Up 5%
Hankook Tire Co. has announced plans to raise its prices 5% from this month.
- 2008-03-04 Over 170 Exhibitors Confirmed for Automechanika Thailand
Automechanika Thailand, the leading international trade fair for the automotive parts, components and aftermarket industry in Thailand, opens next week from March 6-9 at the Impact Exhibition and Convention Centre, Bangkok.
- 2008-03-04 Goodyear Signs Tire Contract with Pacific Gas and Electric
Feb. 29 The Goodyear Tire & Rubber Company announced that it has signed a three-year contract to supply tires and business solutions to Pacific Gas and Electric Company.
- 2008-03-05 Pirelli Buy Back Expected Within Days
Thomson Financial reported this morning that Pirelli SpA will pay 850 million euros to buy back 38.9% share in its tire business.
- 2008-03-05 SmarTire Gets Patent Settlement
Canadian TPMS maker SmarTire Systems Inc. said it has settled its patent infringement lawsuit against Siemens VDO Automotive Corp., now part of [[Continental]] AG.
- 2008-03-05 Goodyear Has Engineering Career Day for Young Women
Goodyear Tire & Rubber Co plans to hold its 8th Engineering Career Day for Young Women at the company’s Akron headquarters on Apr.19.
- 2008-03-05 Continental is showing its new sizes of ContiRe trailer tyre on its stand at the CV Show
This new premium retread tyre is a full bead to bead retread giving it the appearance of a new tyre and has a tread depth of 18mm enabling it to deliver exceptional mileage performance and reliability.
- 2008-03-05 Bridgestone to Present Fleet Tyre Programme at CV Show
Bridgestone is to present its Total Fleet Tyre Management program at this year’s Commercial Vehicle Show, held at the NEC in April.
- 2008-03-03 Pirelli comes on tops in tyre test by "Which?"
- 2008-03-05 Cooper Tire steers back to black
At a time when many U.S. firms in the auto industry are bleeding red ink and filing for bankruptcy, Cooper Tire & Rubber Co. gave investors a reason to cheer yesterday.
- 2008-03-06 Bridgestone reveal first nine tyre compounds
F1's tyre supplier Bridgestone are set to use all four tyres compounds within the first nine grands prix of this season.
- 2008-03-02 Rhodia creates a company to commission and manage its new silica plant in China
Rhodia announces the formation of a new company to manage the construction and subsequent operation of its planned silica facility in China. Details of this major new plant, dedicated to the production of high performance precipitated silica in China, were previously released last November in Shanghai.
- 2008-03-06 Kumho Opens Vietnam Plant, Plans Expansion
Kumho Tire Co. has opened its new passenger tire plant in Vietnam, and unveiled plans to rapidly expand the new facility.
- 2008-03-06 Goodyear Topeka Plant Plans for 6-Day Break
Goodyear Tire & Rubber Co. will shut down its radial truck tire production for six days during the Easter holiday because of a slowdown in commercial truck tire sales.
- 2008-03-06 Rhodia Silcea Announces Global Price Increase
Rhodia Silcea announced a 12% price increase in global prices for its precipitated silica range.
- 2008-03-06 Maxxis Sponsors Yanks
Maxxis International is now a sponsor of the New York Yankees.
- 2008-03-06 Alcoa Combines Wheel, Auto and Truck Business Units
Aluminum producer Alcoa Inc. combined its wheel products and auto and truck units into a new unit called Wheel and Transportation Products.
- 2008-03-06 New UK OE Fitments for Yokohama
The UK distributor for Yokohama tyres, Yokohama HPT Ltd, has announced several key new original equipment fitments in the Japanese manufacturer’s range for the UK market.
- 2008-03-06 Uniroyal unveils RainSport2
- 2008-03-07 Dunlop launches hunt for race star
DUNLOP Race Academy is calling on 2005 winner and Dunlop Sport Maxx Cup champion Simon Shaw to coach this year's rookies and help find a racing star of the future.
- 2008-03-07 Sizes Added to Hercules Lines
Hercules Tire & Rubber Co. has introduced new sizes to two of its top lines.
- 2008-03-09 Goodyear Presents Next Generation RunOnFlat Technology in Geneva
New tyres lower rolling resistance. Goodyear has presented its latest generation of RunOnFlat tyre technology, which the company says will offer numerous benefits to both the consumer and the environment, including improved comfort, reduced mass and rolling resistance, increased fuel economy as well as reduced CO2 emission levels.
- 2008-03-09 Toyo Launches New Soft Compound Tyre
The latest product from Toyo Tires is the new Proxes R888 SG Soft compound racing tyre, which has been specifically designed for use at Sprint/Hill climb or Short Tarmac speed events.
- 2008-03-08 Vredestein Joins TyreSafe
Dutch tyre manufacturer Vredestein has become the latest company to join TyreSafe.
- 2008-03-08 Kumho opens Vietnam plant
As it was reported, Kumho Tire Co., Inc., held a ceremony for the laying of the cornerstone of its new factory in Vietnam on March 5, 2008 , in Binh Duong Province.
- 2008-03-10 Zero Tire Market Growth in 2008: RMA
In its first look forward at 2008, the RMA expects overall tire shipments to remain “at or near levels reached in 2007,” boosted by projected replacement market gains.
- 2008-03-10 Awards Recognise Eco-Friendly Innovations
The inaugural Tire Technology International Awards forInnovation and Excellence were presented at the recent Tire Technology Expo, in Cologne and there was a marked emphasis on environmentally friendly technologies and products.
- 2008-03-10 General Sponsoring Revived Desert Race
Continental Tire North America’s General brand will be the title sponsor of the revived General Tire Mint 400 Race.
- 2008-03-10 Goodyear Carrying New Challenger SRT8
The new 2008 Dodge Challenger SRT8 will ride on Goodyear tires.
- 2008-03-10 Goodyear Presents Next Generation RunOnFlat Technology in Geneva
Goodyear has presented its latest generation of RunOnFlat tyre technology, which the company says will offer numerous benefits to both the consumer and the environment, including improved comfort, reduced mass and rolling resistance, increased fuel economy as well as reduced CO2 emission levels.
- 2008-03-11 New Avon ZV5 a First Glimpse at Cooper Tire’s European Know-How
Cooper Tire’s European Technical Centre in Melksham, opened a little over a year ago, has borne its first fruit – the all-new Avon Tyres ZV5 range.
- 2008-03-11 Continental hikes tyre prices in Europe
Continental hikes tyre prices in Europe by 3.5-5 pct on high raw material costs.
- 2008-03-11 Michelin Adds to Super Wide Line
Michelin North America has added to its X One super wide line with the new X One XZY3, an all-position tire for on/off-road applications.
- 2008-03-11 Bridgestone Voted Manufacturer of Year at Cologne Expo
At this year’s Tire Technology Expo, held in Cologne, Germany, a new series of awards acknowledging excellence in the tyre industry was launched, and Bridgestone was named the inaugural “Tyre Manufacturer of the Year.”
- 2008-03-11 Conti Readies ‘Ultimate Adventure’
Continental Tire North America will soon launch its Ultimate Adventure consumer sweepstakes, with a top prize of a new customized Range Rover Sport.
- 2008-03-11 Pirelli Focusing Strongly on Tyres, May Sell Loan Business
Pirelli has already indicated a willingness to place a greater focus upon its thriving tyre business, and this emphasis is apparently being paired by a withdrawal from less profitable undertakings.
- 2008-03-14 Toyo Names Scholar-Athlete Award Winner
During the Pac-10 men’s basketball tournament Los Angeles, Toyo Tires presented the Pac-10 Scholar-Athlete of the Year Award for men’s basketball.
- 2008-03-14 Continental Wraps up ‘Fantastic Four’ Sweepstakes
Continental Tire presented the keys to a custom 2007 Dodge Charger to April Ingannamorte of Altamonte Springs, Fla., the grand prize winner in the “Continental Tire Power of Four” Sweepstakes.
- 2008-03-14 Hankook Considering Sites for Next Overseas Plant
Mexico, Russia and Vietnam are reportedly under consideration as potential sites for Hankook Tire Co.’s third facility to be built outside of South Korea.
- 2008-03-14 Goodyear Honoured with Award for U.K. Recycling
In recent years the pendulum has begun to swing away from the "throw away" mindset dominant in western cultures, with the need to become a more sustainable society an increasingly discussed topic.
- 2008-03-14 Firestone Ag Offers New Technology, New Tires
Firestone Agricultural Tire Co. announced the development of a number of new products, including the first of its new “IF” technology radials.
- 2008-03-14 BFNAT Adds On/Off Highway Radial
Bridgestone/Firestone North American Tire introduced the new Bridgestone M775 on/off-highway drive radial.
- 2008-03-14 Conti Announces Tyre Price Increases
Continental has announced Europe-wide price increases of between 3.5% and 5% for its passenger car and van tyre product lines.
- 2008-03-15 The New ContiWinterContact TS 830
With the new ContiWinterContact TS 830, market leader Continental has achieved further progress in terms of driving safety, mileage performance and rolling resistance in a winter tire. All of this is made possible by sophisticated tread structures, modified sidewall design and new polymer compounds in the tread.
- 2008-03-17 Michelin Now Has Branded Credit Card
GE Money and Michelin North America have reached a deal to provide a Michelin-branded credit card for tire consumers.
- 2008-03-18 New Dunlop Has “Star” Tread
Goodyear’s Dunlop brand has released the Dunlop Direzza Sport Z1 Star Spec, a summer DOT-approved street tire with a special tread compound for dry grip.
- 2008-03-18 New Name, ‘New’ Home for TIA at SEMA
TIA announced that it is changing the name of its portion of the SEMA Show, and adopting a new headquarters hotel for the annual event.
- 2008-03-20 Continental’s Romania Headcount Set to Reach 7,500
Continental AG is reportedly set to recruit another 1,350 people for its factories in Timisoara, Carei and Arad, Romania, by the end of the year.
- 2008-03-20 Kumho Vietnam Factory Brings Output to 65 Million Units
The recent completion of Kumho’s 315,000-square-metre Vietnamese factory brings the South Korean tyre manufacturer’s global output to circa 65 million units.
- 2008-03-21 The new Michelin Agilis Camping
Michelin has launched the new Agilis Camping tyre – currently the only motorcaravan tyre on the market with an M+S marking – as part of the new Michelin Agilis range for medium and heavy vans.
- 2008-03-21 1, 4 and 20: Three figures that sum up the new Michelin Agilis
Michelin has launched its new van tyre, the Michelin Agilis, whose performance can be summed up in three figures: 1, 4 and 20.
- 2008-03-24 Sibur Says No Deal Unless A-V Cuts Debt
Sibur Russian Tyres announced that it will not consider forming a joint venture with troubled Amtel-Vredestein NV until A-V clears up its debt problems.
- 2008-03-24 Cooper Recalling LT Tires
Cooper Tire & Rubber Co. is recalling some 48,000 LT-metric tires due to potential sidewall separation.
- 2008-03-24 Michelin Tying OE Prices to Oil Prices
Groupe Michelin has come up with a new global scheme to deal with rising raw materials costs and tire pricing issues.
- 2008-03-24 Goodyear Lobbying Spending Revealed
The Associated Press reported that Goodyear Tire & Rubber Co. spent some $2.4 million last year on lobbying efforts, primary on fuel economy standards, energy efficiency and climate change legislation.
- 2008-03-24 Bridgestone Doubling Aircraft Tire Production
Bridgestone Corp. plans to boost radial aircraft tire production at its plant in Tokyo.
- 2008-03-26 Chery to Buy Russian Car Plant
Chery Automobile Co. will spend approximately $425 million acquiring a car factory in Russia as a shortcut to strengthen its presence in the country.
- 2008-03-27 New Record as 530 Exhibitors Sign-up for Reifen 2008
As the Essen show celebrates its silver jubilee (Reifen 2008 will be the 25th time the leading tyre trade exhibition has taken place), show organisers are reporting that this year’s show will be the biggest yet.
- 2008-03-28 A-V Completes Sale of Moscow Tyre Plant
Amtel-Vredestein’s Russian unit has completed the sale of its Moscow Tyre Plant operations to one of the companies of Midland Resources Holding Ltd. for $77 million.
- 2008-03-28 Kumho to Increase Prices Again
Kumho Tire U.S.A. will increase tire prices up to 10%, effective May 1, 2008.
- 2008-03-28 Toyo Launches Premium High Performance Steer Radial
Toyo Tire U.S.A. Corp. introduced the M137 premium high performance steer radial for long haul, over-the-highway applications, designed to deliver more miles per 32nds to operators driving coast-to-coast.
- 2008-03-28 Pirelli Forecasts Little Growth in 2008
This year’s outlook for Pirelli & C SpA, according to a Mar. 26 forecast, is one in which very little growth is expected.
- 2008-03-31 Yokohama Tire Vietnam Holds Opening Ceremony
The Yokohama Rubber Co., Ltd., today announced that it held an opening ceremony on February 29 for a new tire plant that the company newly constructed in Binh Duong Province in the outskirts of Ho Chi Minh City to begin operation of Yokohama Tire Vietnam Inc.
- 2008-03-31 Milhaupt to Head Kumho Sales
Jim Milhaupt has been named national vice president of sales for Kumho Tire USA, succeeding Dave Hudrlik, who left the company.
- 2008-03-31 Toyo Rolls Out ‘Ultra-Premium’ Regional Highway Radial
Toyo Tire USA Corp. has launched the M154TM, which it calls an “ultra-premium,” all-steel regional highway tire for commercial trucks.
- 2008-03-31 Goodyear on 2009 Toyota Corolla and Matrix
Goodyear tires have been selected as OE for several of Toyota’s Corolla and Matrix models.
- 2008-04-01 Nokian JV Facility in Kazakhstan Granted Funding Approval
Investment funding for the planned Ordabasy joint venture in Kazakhstan, the product of cooperation between Nokian Tyres and Kazakhstanian multi-industrial company Ordabasy Corporation JSC, gained approval from the Development Bank of Kazakhstan during its sitting on Mar. 28.
- 2008-04-01 Mitas Announces 25-Inch Earthmover Tyre
Czech Republic-based manufacturer Mitas a.s. is expanding its Mitas brand earthmover radial range with the addition of a 25-inch size.
- 2008-04-02 Yokohama Plans Tyre Plant in India
(IANS) Yokohama Rubber Co. will set up a new tyre manufacturing plant in Haryana, India, worth over Rs.9 billion (around $200 million), the Haryana State Industrial and Infrastructure Development Corporation (HSIIDC) announced on Apr. 1.
- 2008-04-03 CGS Plans Joint Venture in Russia
In hand with growing imports of agricultural equipment and driven vehicles into Russia, Western tyre manufacturers are also becoming more active in the supply of tyres there.
- 2008-04-04 Goodyear One of America's Most Trusted
Goodyear Tire & Rubber Co. was named one of America's most trustworthy companies by Audit Integrity Inc. and Forbes magazine.
- 2008-04-07 Cooper Recall Includes PBs, Nokian; BFNAT Has Recall
Cooper Tire & Rubber Co.’s recent recall of 48,037 light truck radials includes private brand and off-take models produced for and sold by TBC, American Car Care Centers, Nokian Tyres and Sure Tire.
- 2008-04-07 Pirelli Increasing Prices in Europe
Pirelli Tyre has announced a 4% to 6% price hike on tires it sells in Europe, effective Apr. 1.
- 2008-04-08 Hankook to Double Hungary Plant Capacity
Hankook Tire Corp. plans to double capacity at its tire plant in Hungary, moving from 15,000 tires to 31,000 tires per day by 2010.
- 2008-04-08 Cooper Adds Premium A/S Sport Truck Tire
Cooper Tire & Rubber Co. has rolled out the Cooper Zeon XSTA, and all-season premium sport truck tire.
- 2008-04-09 Yokohama Increases OTR, Medium Truck Prices
Citing continued record increases in the cost of raw materials and energy, Yokohama Tire Corp. will increase prices on its OTR tires up to 5% and on medium truck tires by 6%, effective May 2008.
- 2008-04-09 Shareholders Addressed, Board Members Elected at Goodyear Meeting
Goodyear Tire & Rubber Co.’s Chairman and CEO Bob Keegan assured shareholders that the company is well-positioned for the future, despite economic uncertainty in 2008, at Goodyear’s annual shareholder meeting Tuesday.
- 2008-04-09 Kumho Launches Online Training Program
Kumho’s new online dealer training program, called EDGE (Education Driving Growth and Excellence), is now available for dealers and their sales associates to use.
- 2008-04-10 Goodyear Re-Tools Truck Tire Site
Goodyear has reworked its commercial tire Web site – www.goodyear.com/truck – making it easier for fleet maintenance managers and owners to take advantage of the company’s various educational tools and data, the tiremaker said.
- 2008-04-10 Fifth Vianor Tyre Franchise to be Opened in Kazakhstan
Finland-based tyre manufacturer Nokian Tyres is planning to open a new Vianor retail outlet in the city of Almaty, Kazakhstan.
- 2008-04-11 Goodyear Rolls New Regional Tires
Goodyear has introduced the Unisteel G149 RSA RH tire for on-highway regional service and the Unisteel G150 HSA for school bus and city or neighborhood driving.
- 2008-04-11 Land Cruiser Travels On Bridgestones
Bridgestone-brand Dueler radials are OE on the new 2008 Toyota Land Cruiser.
- 2008-04-14 Cooper Recall Now Includes Hercules, Pro Comp
Cooper Tire & Rubber Co.’s March recall of light truck tires includes Hercules and Pro Comp models produced by the tiremaker.
- 2008-04-15 Goodyear Expands Marketing Push for ComforTred
Goodyear is launching a heavy promotional push to support its Assurance ComforTred line.
- 2008-04-16 Nokian JV to build $270 mln Kazakh tyre plant
A joint venture between Finnish tyre maker Nokian and Kazakh company Ordabasy will build a tyre plant in the Central Asian state by 2009, an Ordabasy executive told Reuters late on Tuesday.
- 2008-04-17 Pirelli Issues LT Recall
Pirelli Tire North America is recalling some 8,273 tires due to concerns over tread chunking, partial tread separations and/or belt edge separations, according to NHTSA.
- 2008-04-18 Michelin Invests
Northern Ireland Economy Minister Nigel Dodds has announced a £14 million investment in manufacturing and staff training at Michelin’s Ballymena plant.
- 2008-04-18 Yokohama Acquires Plant Site in India
As was first reported here, Yokohama Rubber Co. plans build a new tire plant in India.
- 2008-04-18 Bridgestone Rates Well in European Magazine Tests
Bridgestone reports receiving highly favourable results in summer tyre tests conducted by German and Nordic region magazines.
- 2008-04-22 Bridgestone Acknowledged as Top Porsche Supplier
Every year Porsche recognises its 10 best performing suppliers at the Porsche Supplier Awards, and for 2008 Bridgestone has been honoured as an award recipient.
- 2008-04-24 Goodyear Joins SmartWay Transport Partnership
Goodyear Tire & Rubber Co., has joined the U.S. Environmental Protection Agency’s SmartWay Transport Partnership, which previously approved using the company’s Fuel Max linehaul tires on SmartWay tractors and trailers.
- 2008-04-28 Tiremakers Increase Prices
Bridgestone/Firestone North American Tire and Pirelli Tire North America both announced tire price increases that will kick in on June 1.
- 2008-04-29 TIA Members Can Get Free Web Pages
TIA has teamed with ASA Tire Systems to offer members free, professionally designed Web pages.
- 2008-04-29 Sumo Firenza Increasing its European Profile
During the past 18 months or so Sumo Firenza has steadily increased its European profile through exhibiting at a number of international tyre exhibitions and introducing its flagship Sumo Firenza ST-08 pattern.
- 2008-04-30 General Launches Redesigned Web Site
Continental Tire North America has redesigned its General tire Web site – www.generaltire.com.
- 2008-04-30 BFGoodrich Hits CUV/SUV Segment With New Long Trail T/A
Michelin North America has released the BFGoodrich Long Trail T/A Tour, targeting the growing crossover and small SUV market segments.
- 2008-05-01 Amtel-Vredestein Sees Sales Boost, Net Losses
Amtel-Vredestein reported that it exceeded its 2007 sales target but expected to show a loss for the year.
- 2008-05-02 Toyo Rolls out 41 Passenger, Light Truck Tires
Toyo Tire U.S.A. Corp. has rolled out forty-one new tires covering everything from economy to premium car drivers, performance car enthusiasts, to highway and hard core applications for light trucks.
- 2008-05-05 New Kelly Regional Tire
Goodyear has launched the Kelly Armorsteel KRH, a regional tire for P&D and school bus applications.
- 2008-05-05 BFG Official Tire for Mustang Series
Michelin North America’s BFGoodrich brand is the presenting sponsor and official tire of the Ford Racing Mustang Challenge for the Miller Cup.
- 2008-05-06 Cooper Joins Price Increase Fray
Cooper Tire & Rubber Co. plans to hike prices on its passenger and light truck/SUV tires, effective July 1.
- 2008-05-07 Cooper reports net income of $1.7 million on sales of $679 million
Cooper Tire & Rubber Co. reported net income of $1.7 million on net sales of $679 million for the quarter ended March 31, 2008. That compares to income of $20.7 million on sales $669 million for the same period a year ago.
- 2008-05-06 Goodyear will hike prices next month
Goodyear Tire & Rubber Co. is raising prices on all of its consumer tires up to 8%, effective on or after June 1. Increases cover all of the company's brands.
- 2008-05-08 Kumho Plant Groundbreaking Set for Monday
Kumho Tire USA will break ground this Monday for its planned $225 million passenger and light truck/SUV plant in Macon, Ga.
- 2008-05-09 Data Highlights Michelin Energy’s Wet Braking and Fuel Efficiency
Michelin is promoting its wet-braking and fuel efficiency qualities following glowing research from independent test centre, TÜV SÜD Automotive.
- 2008-05-09 Bridgestone's First Quarter Net Profits Down 18.4%
Bridgestone Corp. has reported an 18.4% fall in first quarter net profits, compared with the same period a year ago.
- 2008-05-09 ContiPremiumContact 2 Named in Auto Express Product Honours
For the second consecutive year, the ContiPremiumContact 2 has received a commendation from leading consumer publication, Auto Express, as part of its Product Honours 2008 feature.
- 2008-05-13 Yokohama to Expand OTR Plant
The Yokohama Rubber Co. announced it will carry out a fourth-phase expansion of its Onomichi, Hiroshima Prefecture Plant to manufacture Off-the-Road (OTR) tires for use on mining and construction vehicles.
- 2008-05-13 Michelin China Announces Price Increases
Prices for passenger car tyres sold under the Michelin, Warrior and BF Goodrich brand names in China will rise between 3% 7%, says Michelin (China) Investment Co., Ltd.
- 2008-05-13 Bandag Raises Tread Rubber Prices
Prices for tread rubber products charged by Bridgestone Bandag Tire Solutions (BBTS) to its franchised dealers in the U.S. have increased by up to 5%.
- 2008-05-13 Yokohama Establishes Local Subsidiary in Brazil
The Yokohama Rubber Co. established a new overseas subsidiary, called Yokohama Rubber Latin America Comercio Ltda., in April in Sao Paulo, Brazil.
- 2008-05-13 Conti Shod Fleets Get More Mileage
Continental Tyres is claiming that correctly managed fleets running on the German manufacturer’s products gain 22% more mileage in comparison with competing tyres.
- 2008-05-13 Goodyear HydraGrip Wins Auto Express Award
Auto Express Magazine’s annual Product Honours Awards report has recognised the Goodyear HydraGrip as the ‘Best Buy’ tyre in the family car tyre market.
- 2008-05-13 Bridgestone ‘Most Popular Tyre CV Show’
More Bridgestone tyres were fitted to display vehicles at the CV Show than any other brand.
- 2008-05-14 New CTNA Test Track Opens
Continental Tire North America officially opened its new off road tire test track at its Uvalde Texas test center.
- 2008-05-14 New Firestone Industrial Products Facility in Costa Rica
Firestone Industrial Products Company LLC (FSIP) will open a new air spring manufacturing plant in Turrialba, Costa Rica.
- 2008-05-14 Hayes Lemmerz to Close U.S. Aluminium Wheel Facility
On May 12, Hayes Lemmerz International announced the planned closure of its aluminium wheel manufacturing facility in Gainesville, Ga. by the end of this year.
- 2008-05-14 Cooper Drops Starfire Brand in North America
Cooper Tire & Rubber has reportedly ceased production of its Starfire associate tyre range in North America, and the company may further reduce the number of brands it sells.
- 2008-05-14 Michelin to Demo Rolling Resistance Performance at London Show
Michelin has announced that it will run a live, full size demonstration its new Energy Saver tyres at the British International Motor Show at ExCel, London Docklands from 23 July to 3 August.
- 2008-05-15 Goodyear Rolls Out Hiring Opportunities
Amid a slow economy, Goodyear Tire & Rubber Co. put out the word it is hiring.
- 2008-05-16 Hankook Gets Global Supplier Award from Ford
Ford Motor Co. named Hankook Tire Co. as one of its top suppliers, presenting the tiremaker with its World Excellence Award.
- 2008-05-16 Conti Truck Tires See Increase
Continental Tire North America says it will raise prices on all of its medium and heavy truck tire tires by up to 8% as of July 1.
- 2008-05-15 Hankook supports Primetime Race Group with Ventus tires
Hankook Tire America Corp. has teamed up with Primetime Race Group. As part of the agreement, Hankook will serve as the team's official tire supplier for competition in the American Le Mans Series.
- 2008-05-16 Bridgestone and Toyo Buying Stakes in Each Other
Bloomberg has reported that Bridgestone Corp. and Toyo Tire & Rubber Co. will buy stakes in each other and work together on raw material procurement and production issues.
- 2008-05-19 General named official tire of off-road series
Continental Tire North America Inc.'s (CTNA) General brand has been named the official tire of the Lucas Oil World Series of Off-Road Racing, starting this year.
- 2008-05-19 Michelin marks Spartanburg plant anniversary
Michelin North America Inc.'s Spartanburg, S.C., plant is celebrating its 30th anniversary. The factory manufactures tires for commercial trucks and United States military vehicles.
- 2008-05-19 Kumho breaks ground on new R&D center
[[Kumho]] Tire Co. Inc. has broken ground on a new research and development center in Young-In, South Korea. The facility is scheduled for completion by the end of next year.
- 2008-05-20 Treadways adds to Sumitomo luxury touring tire
The Sumitomo HTRZ III luxury touring passenger tire, which was unveiled last November, is now available in 46 sizes.
- 2008-05-20 Goodyear ‘Considering’ $250 million Plant in Russia
Goodyear is reportedly considering building a five million unit tyre production plant in the Yaroslavl region of Russia, at a cost of between $200-250 million.
- 2008-05-20 Toyo rolls out Proxes ST II for light trucks
Toyo Tire U.S.A. Corp. has introduced the latest addition to its Proxes line, the Proxes ST II high performance tire, which targets SUVs, sport trucks and select crossover vehicles.
- 2008-05-22 Bridgestone/Firestone Canada Launches Scholarship Program
Canadian students will have the chance to win a scholarship by producing a compelling safety video and participating in the 2008 Safety Scholars Canada video contest, sponsored by Bridgestone/Firestone Canada Inc.
- 2008-05-22 Continental Re-ups as World Cup Sponsor
Continental AG will once again serve as the official sponsor of the World Cup, continuing its decade-long involvement in major soccer events.
- 2008-05-22 Toyo will increase production at U.S. plant
Toyo Tire & Rubber Co. Ltd. plans to boost annual production at its Toyo Tire North American Manufacturing Inc. plant in White, Ga., by 2.4 million units in 2010 and 3.2 million units the following year.
- 2008-05-23 Toyo Tire U.S.A. is the latest tire manufacturer to announce price increases
Effective July 1, 2008, Toyo Tire U.S.A. Corp. will increase pricing on its passenger, light truck and truck tires. The increases will vary up to 8%.
- 2008-05-23 Maxxis to triple warehouse space in Texas
Maxxis International - U.S.A. is moving its Texas operations to a new 185,000-square-foot facility to increase efficiency and improve customer service.
- 2008-05-27 Lower Rolling Resistance, TPMS by 2012, Says EU
A host of new vehicle safety and environmental requirements, including several tyre related measures, will become obligatory as of 2012.
- 2008-05-27 Pirelli Outlines Growth in Germany, Plans for Russia
During a press conference held at its factory in Breuberg, Germany, the Pirelli Group outlined its industrial activities and plans for tyre business expansion in this particular market, one the company sees as key for its growth strategies.
- 2008-05-27 Cooper Opens Asia Tech Center
Cooper Tire & Rubber has opened a new technical center near Shanghai.
- 2008-05-27 Yokohama Donates to Help Earthquake Victims
Yokohama Rubber Co. plans to donate some 10 million yen through the Chinese Red Cross Society to help sufferers of the Sichuan Province earthquake.
- 2008-05-27 Hankook to Buy Back Shares
News reports say that Hankook Tire Co. will spend $19.7 million to buy back 1.5 million of its outstanding shares.
- 2008-05-27 Bridgestone and Fiege Open Czech Republic Logistics Centre
On May 16, Bridgestone Europe and its logistics partner Fiege officially opened the new Bridgestone European Logistics Center East in the Czech Republic town of Bor.
- 2008-05-28 Yokohama Reaches Settlement in Patent Suit
Yokohama Tire Corp. and Yokohama Rubber Co. Ltd. have reached a final settlement agreement with Hangzhou Zhongce Rubber Co. Ltd. pertaining to design patent infringement, with Hangzhou agreeing to destroy the manufacturing molds and remaining inventory of its Westlake H280 tires.
- 2008-05-29 Michelin Giving Additional Half Million Euros to China Quake Victims
The Michelin Group announced on May 27 it would donate an additional 500,000 euros for victims of the earthquake that struck China’s Sichuan Province.
- 2008-05-29 Goodyear tire dealers offer 'free air'
Independent tire dealers throughout the country are educating consumers about the importance of proper tire inflation by participating in Goodyear Tire & Rubber Co.'s "Free Air" promotion.
- 2008-05-30 Goodyear Launches High Performance Tire
Goodyear Tire & Rubber Co. announced the latest offering in its line of high-performance tires, the Eagle GT.
- 2008-05-30 TIA Announces NASA Federal Credit Union Benefit
The Tire Industry Association (TIA) announced its members and their employees are now eligible to join NASA Federal Credit Union.
- 2008-06-02 Michelin recalls children's car seat
Michelin will recall its Michelin Cockpit car seats for children as a precautionary measure following a poor safety rating from French consumer magazine Que Choisir.
- 2008-06-02 CTNA joins EPA's SmartWay program
Continental Tire North America Inc. (CTNA) has joined the United States Environmental Protection Agency's SmartWay Transport Partnership.
- 2008-06-03 Michelin Sponsors Land Rover Monthly Billing Show
Michelin will be title sponsor of the LRM (Land Rover Monthly) Billing Show, which takes place at Billing Aquadrome, Northampton from 18 to 20 July.
- 2008-06-03 Yokohama will adjust consumer tire prices up to 6%
"Due to continued record increases in the costs of raw materials and energy," Yokohama Tire Corp. says it will adjust prices on its consumer tires by up to 6%, effective July 1, 2008.
- 2008-06-03 Turkish Workers Strike at Four Major Tire Plants
About 4,000 Turkish tire manufacturing workers went on strike over the weekend at four factories, demanding a 12% wage increase for the first six-month period of a two-year labor agreement, and the Turkish rate of inflation for each six-month period thereafter.
- 2008-06-03 Sumitomo Increasing Capacity at China Facility
Plans are reportedly underway to increase capacity at the Sumitomo Rubber (Changshu) Co. Ltd tyre facility in China by 20%.
- 2008-06-03 Cooper Tire Europe Plaintiff in Cartel Lawsuit
A number of tyre manufacturers have filed a lawsuit against chemical producers alleged to be members of a cartel operating in the late 1990s and early this decade.
- 2008-06-04 Amtel Wants to Buy Sibur Tire Business
Amtel-Vredestein has asked the Russian antimonopoly office to allow it to buy 100% of petrochemical firm Sibur's tire business.
- 2008-06-04 Goodyear’s 'Satisfaction Assurance' to Australia
Goodyear has marked the Australian launch of its latest safety-conscious tyre with a “Satisfaction Assured Trial” – an option unique in Australia for consumers to have their set of four new “Assurance” tyres replaced after 1000kms or within two weeks, inclusive of all refit charges.
- 2008-06-04 Pirelli Launches the Winter Sottozero Serie II
A Tyre for Today’s Winters, Cars and Regulations. It will meet the needs of the most demanding drivers.
- 2008-06-05 Bridgestone Narrows Tech Center Options
Bridgestone Americas Holding Inc. said it has narrowed the possible locations of its new world-class technical center to two choices: Murfreesboro, Tenn. or the Firestone Park area of Akron, Ohio.
- 2008-06-05 Conti Reports No Contact Over Truck Tyres
Continental has responded to claims from German news sources that Italian rival Pirelli is interested in buying the German manufacturer’s truck tyre business, stating that they have yet to be contacted.
- 2008-06-05 Pirelli to Start Russian Tyre Plant Negotiations
Pirelli & C. SpA has signed a letter of intent to begin negotiations for the construction of a car, light truck and heavy truck tyre plant in Russia.
- 2008-06-05 Goodyear Earns ‘Quality Excellence’ Award
Hino Motors Manufacturing U.S.A. Inc. presented Goodyear Tire & Rubber Co. with its Quality Excellence Award for commercial tires on Hino medium-duty trucks.
- 2008-06-06 Bridgestone Ships 10 Millionth Runflat
Bridgestone Corp. said it has shipped its 10 millionth runflat tire.
- 2008-06-06 Goodyear ‘Gets There’ With Award
Goodyear Tire & Rubber Co. and its advertising agencies – McCann Erickson, New York; MPG, Boston; and HFA, Akron – were awarded an Effie Award June 4 for the 2007 Goodyear "Get there" marketing campaign.
- 2008-06-06 Pirelli Tire Wins Aussie Test
Pirelli’s P6000 passenger tyre has taken the honors in the 195/60R15 (small/medium car) section of the 2008 Wheels Magazine Tyre Test, scoring 99.01 out of a possible 100.
- 2008-06-09 Hankook Boosts Investment For Eco-Friendly Tires
Hankook Tire Co. said it plans to spend some $19 million per year in its ongoing investment into developing more environmentally friendly tires.
- 2008-06-09 Goodyear Makes Addition Commercial Increases
Goodyear confirmed that it is increasing the prices of some of its Steelmark and Remington commercial truck tires by up to 10%, effective July 1.
- 2008-06-09 Israeli-Owned Company in Ukraine Tackles Old Tires
Ever wonder what happens with your old tires after you get new ones?
- 2008-06-10 Yokohama Sets Tire Sales Company in Thailand
Yokohama Rubber Co. has established Yokohama Tire Sales (Thailand) Co., Ltd. in Bangkok, Thailand.
- 2008-06-10 Bridgestone Establishes East Europe Sales Companies
Bridgestone Europe NV/SA has established three new sales subsidiaries in Eastern Europe.
- 2008-06-10 Michelin to Premiere X Energy SaverGreen Range at IAA Show
With the world premiere launch of the latest Renault Magnum comes the unveiling of Michelin’s new X Energy SaverGreen tyre range.
- 2008-06-10 Pirelli Wins Motoring Euro Press Plaudits in Summer Tests
Pirelli have obtained eight overall victories and two top-three placements in 11 tests conducted by European motoring authorities and the specialist press.
- 2008-06-11 Michelin on Top in Rolling Resistance Tests
An independent testing organisation has found that the Michelin Energy Saver tyre “has a rolling resistance 20% lower than its direct competitors.”
- 2008-06-11 Cooper partners with Formula Drift
Cooper Tire & Rubber Co. is partnering with Formula Drift for the fifth consecutive year.
- 2008-06-11 Marangoni and Continental team up to distribute ContiTread patterns
Marangoni SpA and Continental AG have agreed to work together in the retreading sector. The agreement will allow Marangoni Retreading Systems to produce and distribute Continental tread patterns (ContiTread) in Europe and other major markets worldwide.
- 2008-06-12 Wolverhampton’s Iconic Goodyear Chimney Set to Tumble
The days of an iconic Wolverhampton landmark are drawing to a close.
- 2008-06-12 Plant Explosion Kills One, Injures Six
One worker was killed and six others were injured in an early morning explosion yesterday at Goodyear Tire & Rubber Co.’s synthetic rubber plant near Houston.
- 2008-06-12 Pirelli To Sponsor Amputee Olympian
Pirelli SpA will sponsor South African sprinter Oscar Pistorius, a double amputee who plans to compete in the upcoming Olympic Games in Beijing.
- 2008-06-13 Cooper Tires Chosen for World of Wonders Expedition
Adventure Learning Foundation has selected the Cooper Discoverer S/T-C tire for use on the tenth leg of its World of Wonders educational expedition, which teaches school-aged children about the world’s people, cultures and places through an interactive, Web-based application.
- 2008-06-13 General’s Altimax Tops Tire Rack Survey
General Tire’s Altimax HP has earned the number one ranking in the Grand Touring All-Season Tire category in an online consumer survey of tires performed by Tire Rack.
- 2008-06-16 Goodyear Eagle Gets Super Mustang Fitment
Specially developed Goodyear Eagle F1 SuperСar radials are the exclusive tire for the new Ford Mustang Shelby GT500KR.
- 2008-06-16 Cooper Tire launches new Discoverer CTS
Cooper Tire & Rubber Co. marks the arrival of an all-new premium luxury touring SUV tire with an all-new performance edge.
- 2008-06-17 iVoice Technology Talks Tyre Trash
The U.S.-based company iVoice Technology has filed a patent application on a rubbish bin made entirely from recycled tyre crumb rubber.
- 2008-06-17 Michelin Kicks Off Tyre Pressure Campaign at Eurotunnel
Following on from its 2007 campaign, Michelin’s latest “Fill up with Air” roadshow kicks off at the Folkestone Eurotunnel Terminal on July 1-2.
- 2008-06-18 Michelin Raises Stake in Hankook
French tire maker Michelin said on Wednesday it had raised its stake in South Korean peer Hankook Tire to 8.9% from 6%.
- 2008-06-18 14-Day Turkish Tyre Strike Ends
A two-week tyre strike by 4,000 members of International Federation of Chemical, Energy, Mine and General Workers' Unions (ICEM) Turkish affiliate Lastik-Is ended on June 13, and workers from three tyre manufacturers resumed work the following day.
- 2008-06-18 Toyo Established Iberia Representative Office
Toyo Tire’s European subsidiary, Toyo Tire Europe GmbH, has established an Iberia representative office in Madrid, Spain.
- 2008-06-19 Cooper Expands in Mexico
Cooper Tire & Rubber Co. is building its presence in Mexico, striking a deal to partner in a capacity expansion project at that country’s second largest tire plant.
- 2008-06-20 Goodyear May Build Plant in Yaroslavl
For the first time in three years, a foreign tire-maker may build a plant in Russia. The U.S. company Goodyear is considering a $200-250-million project in Yaroslavl Region to produce up to 5 million car tires a year.
- 2008-06-20 Maxxis is debuting in Ukraine with its lineup
On June, 23, «ВестаМаркет» trade house («VestaMarket”), an exclusive representative of Maxxis in Ukraine, is presenting the lineup of the leading Chinese manufacturer, which occupies the 12th position among the top players in the global tyre business.
- 2008-06-20 Michelin Adds to Expansion Plans
Michelin North America, already committed to spending $350 million on various North American plant upgrades, added another $90 million to the pot earlier this week.
- 2008-06-20 Bridgestone and Michelin in Disagreement on Green Tests
French website autoactu.com has reported details of a conflict between major tyre manufacturers Bridgestone and Michelin over the comparative energy-saving properties of Michelin’s Energy range of tyres.
- 2008-06-20 Gori: Pirelli Must Expand in China, Russia & Brazil
Pirelli Tyre must consolidate its presence in mature markets and expand in high-growth areas such as China, Russia and Brazil, stated CEO Francesco Gori in an interview with Italian newspaper Milanzo Finanza.
- 2008-06-20 Voronezh Factory to Pay no Amtel-Vredestein Dividend
Russian media has reported that Amtel-Vredestein shareholders will receive no 2007 dividend from the Amtel Chernozemye tyre factory in Voronezh, Russia, following a decision made at the facility’s annual meeting on June 9.
- 2008-06-20 Goodyear Dunlop to Supply 100,000 Tyres to Police
Goodyear Dunlop has announced that it will work in partnership with the National Policing Improvement Agency, making it the main supplier of tyres to over 50 police forces in the country.
- 2008-06-24 Michelin adds two ultra-high performance tires to the Pilot Sport family
Two new Michelin Pilot Sport tires will be available to tire dealers by the end of October.
- 2008-06-25 Michelin earns OE fitment on 2009 Corvette ZR1
In 1953, General Motors Corp. launched the Corvette. Fifty-five years later, the first Corvette with a Michelin original equipment tire will hit the streets.
- 2008-06-24 Cooper Tire lowers North American production
Cooper Tire & Rubber Co said on Monday, June 23, it has reduced production in its North American facilities during the second quarter to counter decreased tire demand and projected shortages of certain raw materials.
- 2008-06-24 Get the Hump With New Mak Fuoco Wheel
МАК has launched the Fuoco, an innovative new SUV wheel featuring a special hump that allows particular run-flat tyres to be fitted to it. “Hump EH2+” holds ETRTO homologation, which opens up a whole new market for MAK.
- 2008-06-25 Goodyear Assurance ComforTred to be OE on Lincoln MKS
Goodyear Tire & Rubber Co.'s premium Assurance ComforTred tires, in size P235/55R18, will be standard original equipment on the 2009 Lincoln MKS, a new luxury sedan scheduled to hit dealer showrooms this summer.
- 2008-06-25 Goodyear Optitrac R+ OE for JCB Fastrac Models
Goodyear’s high speed Optitrac R+ farm radial tyre has been approved for fitment to the new 7000 series JCB Fastrac tractor.
- 2008-06-24 Continental demonstrates prototype tyre sensor technology
[[Continental]] AG has unveiled a new prototype cyber tyre technology, designed to demystify the tyre management process.
- 2008-06-25 Goodyear announces plan to close tire plant in Australia
Goodyear Tire & Rubber Co. plans to close its Australian manufacturing facility by the end of the year.
- 2008-06-26 Michelin Romania 2007 Turnover up 10.8%
Michelin Romania has posted a 2007 turnover of 340 million euros, a 10.8% increase over the sales of 306.8 million euros reported a year earlier.
- 2008-06-27 Another Round of Price Hikes for Bridgestone
Bridgestone Corp. said it will raise prices on tires sold through retailers as of September, citing high costs for such materials as natural and synthetic rubber.
- 2008-06-27 Michelin Ups Stake in Hankook
French tyre maker Michelin has raised its stake in Hankook Tire Co. to nearly 10% through stock market purchases, the South Korean company said on Friday.
- 2008-06-30 A-V, Sibur Russan Tyres Joined in Stock Deal
After months of speculation and negotiations, a deal has been struck that will join Russia’s two largest tiremakers – Amtel-Vredestein and Sibur-Russian Tyres.
- 2008-06-30 Goodyear Temporarily Closes Canadian Plant
Goodyear’s Napanee plant between Belleville and Kingston in Ontario is to close for a week as the manufacturer continues to react against a stagnating marketplace.
- 2008-06-30 Nokian Tyres to Increase Presence in Ukraine
Nokian Tyres is reportedly partnering with Immo Industry Group and Aladdin Group to develop its distribution operation in Ukraine.
- 2008-06-30 Goodyear Shares Slump
- 2008-07-01 New summer pattern line MP 44 Elite 3, brand Matador
A novelty for the 2009 summer season – in the segment of summer HIGH PERFORMANCE tyres for middle and upper medium range cars. Compare to its predecessor MP 42 Elite 2, the asymmetric tread pattern MP 44 Elite 3 brings improved proporties in the area of handling, safety on wet and dry surfaces, comfort and life.
- 2008-06-27 CTNA sponsors Porsche Parade
Continental Tire North America Inc. (CTNA) is the title sponsor of next week's Porsche Parade Gimmick Rally in Charlotte, N.C. The parade will start at CTNA headquarters on June 30.
- 2008-07-01 MNA Adds New Laredo AWT II
Michelin North America has introduced the Uniroyal Laredo AWT II, designed for on- and off-road applications.
- 2008-07-01 Conti tire reaches 254 miles per hour
An ultra-high performance tire from Continental AG, the ContiSportContact Vmax, recently reached a speed of 254 miles per hour (or 409 kilometers per hour) on a Porsche GT9.
- 2008-07-01 Michelin will raise consumer, commercial tire prices
Michelin North America Inc. will raise prices on its Michelin, BFGoodrich, Uniroyal, private and associate brand passenger and light truck replacement tires up to 12%, effective Sept. 1.
- 2008-07-01 Pirelli Confirms Higher Targets Despite Weakening Car Sales
Comments given by Pirelli & C Spa chairman Marco Tronchetti Provera indicate that targets for company’s tyre business remain slightly higher despite declining car sales in Western Europe.
- 2008-07-02 Goodyear Seeks Exemption From U.S. Recall
In spite of determining that some 82,000 tyres produced between 2007 and March 2008 featured sidewall labelling not fully in compliance with U.S. safety standards, [[Goodyear]] has petitioned the National Highway Transport Safety Authority (NHTSA) to exempt the products from a recall.
- 2008-07-02 Kumho Workers Strike Over Wage Dispute
Partial day strike action at Kumho’s two main South Korean facilities is likely to cost the company about KRW 2.98 billion (£1.4 million) a day in lost output.
- 2008-07-03 Conti Increases Stake in Continental Matador
Continental has increased its share in Continental Matador Rubber following a July 1 agreement to transfer an additional 15 per cent of Continental Matador shares.
- 2008-07-03 Bridgestone Wins Thamesdown Bus Fleet Deal
Bridgestone Tyres has gained a contract with Thamesdown Transport, the Swindon-based bus company. Bridgestone will be supplying its range of specialised bus tyres to Thamesdown’s entire fleet.
- 2008-07-04 Fulda Saves Panda from Extinction
Fulda is sponsoring a 1991 Fiat Panda 4x4 taking part in the Mongol Rally 2008. The Fiat will set off on the 19th July and will be fitted with the Fulda EcoControl tyres.
- 2008-07-07 Cooper Tire to Build in Franklin
A global tire manufacturer is relocating its distribution operations to Franklin, Ind., and creating 60 jobs by 2011.
- 2008-07-07 Goodyear Dunlop Makes Investment in Wolverhampton
Goodyear Dunlop Tyres has announced that further ‘substantial’ investment will be made in its Wolverhampton truck tyre retreading facility.
- 2008-07-07 Kumho Gets OE Deal from Ford
Kumho Tire USA Inc. has gained an OE fitment from Ford.
- 2008-07-08 Goodyear is recalling 5,300 winter tires
Goodyear Tire & Rubber Co. will be recalling 5,300 Dunlop Sport 3D. These tires were manufactured between Sept 4, 2005, through May 17, 2008.
- 2008-07-08 M&R Intros TPMS Safe Balance Compound
The maker of Magnum Tire Balancing Compound recently introduced a new tire balancing compound it claims can be safely used with TPMS-equipped tires.
- 2008-07-08 Finalists Picked for BFNAT Video Contest
The top 10 finalists have been chosen in the Bridgestone/Firestone North American Tire’s 2008 Safety Scholars video contest.
- 2008-07-08 Michelin Sponsors 2008 Ballymena Business Award
The Michelin Athletic Club in Ballymena, Northern Ireland has played host to the launch of the Ballymena Business Excellence Awards 2008.
- 2008-07-08 Cooper adds sizes to Zeon, Discoverer lines
Cooper Tire & Rubber Co. has added sizes to several of its key lines, including the Cooper Zeon XSTA, a new all-season sport truck tire.
- 2008-07-09 Pirelli Completes Group Buyback
Pirelli SpA has closed its repurchase of its tire group, buying out the remaining 19.19% owned by Speed SpA.
- 2008-07-09 Toyo Taking Hike in Japan
Toyo Tire & Rubber Co. plans to raise prices on its replacement tires sold in Japan.
- 2008-07-09 Analysts Downgrade Michelin Shares to Sell
Michelin shares have dropped by 6.44% following Societe Generale SA’s decision to downgrade the leading French tyre manufacturer’s stock to ‘sell.’ Societe Generale had previously rated Michelin as “hold.”
- 2008-07-10 New Machinery Launch On Rosava Plant
The largest tyre manufacturer in Ukraine “Rosava”, selling its products in 53 countries worldwide, is modernizing its production by installing new hi-tech machinery.
- 2008-07-11 Goodyear One of America's Most Respected
Goodyear was once again named one of America's most respected companies by the Reputation Institute (RI) and Forbes magazine.
- 2008-07-11 Michelin North America Seeks Rugby International Sponsors
Michelin North America is offering sponsorships for the international rugby match between top-division French Rugby Union side Clermont-Auvergne and the USA Eagles in South Carolina on Aug. 9.
- 2008-07-11 Pirelli Looks to Double Share in China
Pirelli SpA plans to invest some $100 million over the next two years to double its tire production capacity in China.
- 2008-07-14 Bridgestone Increases UHP Tyre Production in France
Bridgestone Europe has invested 32 million euros in increasing production capacity at its Béthune, France, passenger-car tyre plant.
- 2008-07-14 Michelin to Help China Mine Customer
Groupe Michelin and China’s largest surface coal mine, China Coal Pingshuo, signed a three-year renewable contract in which Michelin will provide and maintain 53/80R63 tires for the Komatsu 930E trucks that CCP operates in the mine.
- 2008-07-14 Goodyear Plans Commercial Tyre Unit for China
Chinese news sources are suggesting strongly that plans are in progress at Goodyear for a new US$500 million facility in Dalian, China.
- 2008-07-14 Pirelli Name-Checked on Ferrari Game
Pirelli has been given a name-check, as the virtual-competition sponsor in the title of the new racing game, Ferrari Challenge: Trofeo Pirelli.
- 2008-07-14 Continental Puts European Tyre Prices Up 5%
Continental AG has announced that it will increase its European passenger car and light truck tyre prices (across of all brands) by 5%.
- 2008-07-15 Yokohama Hooked on Driving
Yokohama’s Advan brand was named the official tire sponsor of Hooked on Driving, an advanced driving instruction program.
- 2008-07-15 Dunlop Sweeps Out of Nigeria
Dunlop, the last tyre manufacturer with a factory in Nigeria, is set to leave the country, favouring the importation of tyres from other nations, such as South Africa.
- 2008-07-15 TUV Sud Shows Michelin Energy Saver as Lowest Cost
Independent testing organisation TUV Sud has shown that Michelin’s Energy Saver tyres lend motorists considerable savings over competitors’ brands.
- 2008-07-15 Report: Bridgestone to Announce 26% Profit Fall at Year End
Bridgestone Corp is expected to announce a sharp fall in group operating profits as a result of rising rubber prices.
- 2008-07-16 Conti Takeover Run Takes Twists and Turns
News about Schaeffler Group’s run at Continental AG continues to come fast and furious, with European financial analysts now weighing in on how they see the deal coming down.
- 2008-07-16 Goodyear Employees May Vote on Agreement for Early Plant Closure
Goodyear Tire & Rubber Co. may close its Tyler plant prior to the expiration of the master union contract, thus releasing about 60 remaining employees early, if the local union membership votes to ratify an agreement for closure.
- 2008-07-16 Pirelli Carlisle Cuts 60 Manufacturing Jobs
Pirelli’s Carlisle, England, factory, which employs 1,000 workers, is set to cut back 60 jobs from the firm’s operation due to foreign competition and lost orders, say local news sources.
- 2008-07-17 Dunlop Gains Six OE Wins in Six Months
Dunlop’s OE team are celebrating six original equipment wins in six months.
- 2008-07-17 Michelin Clocks Up Half a Million Hours of Training Success
Michelin Training Centre is celebrating delivering its 500,000th hour of high training.
- 2008-07-17 Goodyear Still Isn't for Sale
An offer by a California company to buy Goodyear Tire & Rubber Co.'s off-the-road tire business has gone nowhere because Goodyear says the operation isn't for sale.
- 2008-07-17 Conti Invests $60 Million in Mt. Vernon Facility
Continental Tire North America will invest an additional $60 million in its Mt. Vernon, Ill., manufacturing plant over the next three years, bringing the total amount invested in the facility since 2006 to more than $220 million.
- 2008-07-17 BFNAT Plant Gets Environment Award
Bridgestone/Firestone North American Tire’s Warren County, Tenn., medium truck tire plant recently received the 2008 Governor’s Environmental Stewardship Award for accomplishments in pollution prevention.
- 2008-07-18 Pirelli Seek Consolidation in Turkish Buyout
Pirelli has begun to negotiate the buying out of minority shareholders in its Turkish units Turk Pirelli Lastikleri – which supplies commercial and passenger car tyres – and Celikord, a steel cord manufacturer.
- 2008-07-18 Dunlop Launches ‘Petrolhead Haven’
According to the tyre manufacturer, the Dunlop Drivers Club stand was one of Goodwood Festival of Speed’s highlights.
- 2008-07-21 Bridgestone North America Divisions Donate to US Flood Relief
Since June the US state of Iowa has experienced its worst flooding in 15 years, with rivers throughout the state bursting their banks.
- 2008-07-21 Toyota Becomes Canadian Retailer of Conti Products
Continental has expanded its retail presence in Canada following the signing of an agreement with Toyota.
- 2008-07-21 Tyler Workers OK Closure Plan
USW members at Goodyear’s Tyler, Texas, tire plant have voted to allow the tiremaker to shutter the facility ahead of schedule. The vote late last week accepted Goodyear’s proposal to close down the plant in advance of the original Dec. 31 date.
- 2008-07-21 Michelin Signs 3-Year A1GP Tyre Contract
Michelin is the new exclusive tyre partner to A1GP World Cup of Motorsport, starting with the 2008/09 season. The French manufacturer has signed a three-year contract and replaces Cooper Tire, which had produced A1GP’s control tyres since the series’ inception in 2005.
- 2008-07-22 Hankook and Kumho Resume Tyre Supply to GM Daewoo
South Korean vehicle manufacturer GM Daewoo Automotive and Technology recommenced production at is Bupyeong facility on July 22 following the resumption of its tyre supply.
- 2008-07-22 Conti to Acquire 89.66% Stake in its Turkish Tyre Distributor
Continental AG reports it has agreed to acquire 89.66 per cent of Turkey based tyre distributor Oltas Spa.
- 2008-07-23 Michelin NA Opens Second Retail Outlet
Michelin North America celebrated the grand opening of a second retail outlet on July 22.
- 2008-07-23 Goodyear Dunlop Embark on Charity Tour de Midlands
Thirteen employees of Goodyear Dunlop are staging a four-day, 320-mile endurance cycle ride to benefit Birmingham Children’s Hospital.
- 2008-07-23 Vredestein Aims for Icy Markets with New Arctrac
Last year’s Winter Tyre Review (T&A, September 2007) featured three Vredestein tyres designed to withstand cold weather.
- 2008-07-24 Michelin To Increase Replacement Tyre Prices in Japan
In the second half of 2008 Nihon Michelin Tire Co., Ltd will raise the delivery prices for its replacement market products in Japan.
- 2008-07-25 Search on for Pirelli ‘Star Driver’
Since its launch earlier this year, the Pirelli Star Driver scheme has attracted significant interest, with competitors from around the world seeking to win a drive in a series of six FIA World Rally Championship events.
- 2008-07-25 Cooper Strikes Deal with Lightning GT
Cooper Tire’s ultra-high performance Cooper Zeon 2XS is to be unveiled as OE on the new electric sportscar, the Lightning GT, at the British International Motor Show, currently taking place at Excel in London until 3 August.
- 2008-07-25 Michelin Boasts Safety & Performance Benefits From New Drive Tyre
Michelin has developed a new all-purpose drive axle tyre it claims is ideally suited for both road and motorway use in all weather conditions.
- 2008-07-28 Bridgestone to Supply Potenza OE for Cadillac STS
[[Bridgestone]] [[Firestone]] North American Tire (BFNT) has announced the OE supply of its Potenza RE050A tyres for the 2009 Cadillac STS touring saloon, Bridgestone’s first fitment deal for this vehicle.
- 2008-07-28 Yokohama to Manufacture Tyres in Brazil, Russia
To meet growing demand in Russia and Brazil, Yokohama Rubber intends to begin manufacturing passenger car tyres in these two countries, with production commencing as early as 2010.
- 2008-07-28 Dunlop Zimbabwe Voices its Commitment to the Home Market
Zimbabwe’s sole domestic tyre manufacturer, Dunlop Zimbabwe, states it remains committed to continuing local operations.
- 2008-07-29 Meeting Secures Threatened Jobs at Pirelli Plant in Spain
A July 21 meeting between Pirelli chairman Marco Tronchetti Provera, management from the company’s tyre manufacturing facility in Manresa, Spain, and regional government officials has resulted in a deal that has reportedly secured the jobs of 280 Manresa factory employees.
- 2008-07-29 CSEasy Wins Another Innovation Award
The CSEasy industrial tyre system developed by Continental has won the silver 'IQ Innovation Prize Central Germany 2008'. Judges met three times to establish the winner of the Chemicals/Plastics sector.
- 2008-07-29 Cooper to Sell 10.71% Kumho Share
Kumho Tires is looking for investors to acquire a £54.9 million share in itself currently owned by Cooper Tire & Rubber, reports a company spokesperson.
- 2008-07-30 Bridgestone’s Tech Centre Stays in Akron
Akron, Ohio received the good news yesterday that Bridgestone will build its new Technical Centre facility in the city, meaning that the 600 jobs already stationed in the area will remain situated in their current location.
- 2008-07-31 Titan Ships First Production 63-Incher
Titan Tire Corporation said it has shipped its first 63-inch radial OTR tire and wheel assemblies.
- 2008-08-01 Toyo Adds 10 New Sizes
Toyo Tire USA Corp. has added 10 new tire sizes to some of its passenger and light truck/SUV lines.
- 2008-08-04 New sizes coming for BFGoodrich Mud-Terrain T/AKM2
Michelin North America Inc.'s BFGoodrich Mud-Terrain T/AKM2 tires are now available in size 285/75R16, and additional sizes will be coming later this month and next.
- 2008-08-04 Cooper expands tire lines
Cooper Tire & Rubber Co. has expanded its tire lines for high performance and sport utility vehicles.
- 2008-08-05 Pirelli Doing JV Plant in Russia
Pirelli SpA said it would partner with Russian Technologies State Corp. on a joint venture tire plant to be built in Russia.
- 2008-08-05 Kumho Announces Price Increase
Prices on Kumho Tire USA Inc. tires will increase up to 10% as of Sept. 1, the company said.
- 2008-08-05 Falken Ups Prices
Falken Tire Corp. said it is increasing prices on all of its Falken brand passenger and light truck/SUV tires sold in the U.S. as of Sept. 1.
- 2008-08-07 INTERIM REPORT FOR NOKIAN TYRES PLC JANUARY-JUNE 2008
Continued strong sales growth, clear improvement in profits. The Group’s net sales were up by 22.6% to EUR 530.3 million (EUR 432.5 million in the corresponding period 2007). Operating profit increased to EUR 128.6 million (EUR 89.2 million), and EPS rose to EUR 0.80 (EUR 0.57). In 2008 the company is positioned to achieve strong growth in sales and to outperform the previous year’s results.
- 2008-08-06 Cooper Unloads Kumho Share
Cooper Tire & Rubber Co. says it has completely liquidated its holdings in Kumho Asiana, parent of Kumho Tire Co.
- 2008-08-06 Goodyear Sets 10% Price Hike
Goodyear has joined the latest round of industry prices increases, announcing a Sept. 1 price hike of up to 10%.
- 2008-08-07 The Marangoni Tyre winter product range will feature two new models
At Reifen Essen 2008, Marangoni Tyre will present its new 4Winter tyre, conceived for medium-sized vehicles and, more specifically, designed with the rigid winters of Central Europe in mind. The perfect mastery of compound technologies (SPE, Silica, and Fom IC), the directional design, and the particular tread pattern (including sipes) make it a product that will satisfy the upper levels of the market in terms of performance under winter driving conditions.
- 2008-08-07 Goodyear Plant to Shut Down for 16 Days
Goodyear's Gadsden plant will be shutting down production of tires for 16 days beginning Aug. 16, and four other Goodyear consumer tire plants also are reducing tire production, the company said Wednesday.
- 2008-08-07 Goodyear Honors Olympian Supporters
With the Summer Olympic Games set to begin this week in China, Goodyear Tire & Rubber Co. honored three U.S. team member coaches for their support.
- 2008-08-08 Michelin Claims Energy Tires Have Saved
Michelin claims that more than 2.6 billion gallons of fuel have been saved and more than 27 million tons of CO2 emissions have been avoided because of its “green energy-saving tires.”
- 2008-08-11 Rosen Leading Goodyear Dunlop
Joseph Rosen has been named president and chairman of motorcycle tire producer Goodyear Dunlop Tires North America Ltd.
- 2008-08-11 Toyo Increasing Prices Oct. 1
As of Oct. 1, Toyo Tire USA Corp. will increase prices on all of its consumer and commercial tires by up to 10%.
- 2008-08-11 Mastercraft Deal ‘Mutually Satisfactory,’ Says Silverline
Mastercraft, an associate brand of Cooper Tire & Rubber, has appointed Warwick-based Silverline International as its official U.K. distributor.
- 2008-08-11 Asia Sales Make Up for US Decline, Says Lanxess
Global number two producer of butyl rubber for use in tyres, Lanxess AG, believes the decline in demand from U.S. tyre manufacturers will more than be compensated for by sales in China and India.
- 2008-08-11 Bridgestone H1 Results Show Lower Profits
Bridgestone Corp. has released details of its consolidated business and financial results for the period Jan. 1 to June 30, the first half of the current fiscal year.
- 2008-08-11 RAC Condemns Hypermiling
While fuel-saving measures such as keeping your tyres at the correct pressure and driving intelligently are both praiseworthy and sensible, there are fears that some drivers are going too far in their efforts to improve mileage.
- 2008-08-12 County OKs BFNAT Center Funds
Bridgestone/Firestone North American Tire received good news as Summit County Council approved $7.3 million towards its planned new technical center in Akron.
- 2008-08-12 Goodyear Presentation to be on the Web
Goodyear Tire & Rubber Co. officials will be presenting at the upcoming 11th annual JP Morgan Harbour Auto Conference, to be held in Dearborn, Mich. on Aug. 14.
- 2008-08-12 Schaeffler ‘Very Satisfied’ With Loan Package
Reuters reports that the ball bearing maker has successfully arranged a 16.1 billion euro loan.
- 2008-08-12 Dunlop Tops Tire Rack Test
In a new evaluation of summer performance tires by Tire Rack, the Dunlop Direzza Sport Z1 Star Spec topped the Bridgestone Potenza RE-01R, Yokohama Advan Neova AD07 and Hankook Ventus R-S2 Z212 tires, Goodyear claimed.
- 2008-08-12 New Conti Steer Radial Out
Continental Tire North America has introduced the Continental HSL2, a long haul steer axle radial.
- 2008-08-12 Yokohama Results Show Strong Tyre Sales in Emerging Markets
The Yokohama Rubber Co. Ltd., has reported a 1.3% increase in net sales, to 123.1 billion yen (£582.1 million), in the three months ended June 30, the first quarter of the 2009 fiscal year.
- 2008-08-12 Toyo an OE Partner for Record Breaking Renault Model
The sportiest version of Renault’s Mégane yet manufactured, the Mégane Renaultsport R26.R, is to feature Toyo tyres as an OE option.
- 2008-08-13 Conti’s Supervisory Board Open to Talks With Schaeffler
Continental AG’s management is struggling to find a majority willing to back its anti-takeover strategy on the group’s supervisory board.
- 2008-08-13 Analysts Says Schaeffler Bid Will Win Out
Some European financial analysts now say that Continental AG will not succeed in fending off the hostile takeover moves of Schaeffler Group.
- 2008-08-13 Indian Rubber Exports Rise 38% in April-July
India's natural rubber exports are said to have increased 38% between April and July this year, according to estimates from the country’s Rubber Board.
- 2008-08-13 Toyo Posts Net Loss in Q1 2008
Toyo Tire & Rubber Co. has announced its consolidated business results for the first quarter of the 2008 financial year, the period ending June 30.
- 2008-08-13 World Rubber Summit, Tyrexpo Asia Join Forces for Singapore Show
The International Rubber Study Group (IRSG) is to stage its next World Rubber Summit alongside TyrexpoAsia 09.
- 2008-08-13 Let God bless you, Georgia!
"iTyre" Ltd has held a special meeting related to the situation in Caucasus and adopted several resolutions
- 2008-08-13 China Tyre Output Growth Slows
China’s tyre industry, now the world’s largest, is tipped to experience slowing growth in the first half of the year as exports begin feeling the affect of a global economic slowdown.
- 2008-08-14 Pirelli Factory a Potential Terrorist Target?
A report published by Italy’s La Stampa newspaper on Aug. 12 suggests a possibility that Pirelli’s tyre manufacturing plant in Turin may be a planned target for terrorists.
- 2008-08-14 Michelin Suspected of Market Abuse in France
The French Ministry of Finance is looking into the possibility that Michelin has abused its market power in its home market.
- 2008-08-14 Hankook Ups Prices 10%
Citing increasing raw materials and energy costs, Hankook Tire America Corp. is raising prices by up to 10% on its full line of passenger, light truck, and medium duty truck tires.
- 2008-08-14 RMA Projects 2008 US Tyre Shipments to Decrease 4%
Tyre shipments in the US are projected to decline by nearly 4 per cent this year compared to 2007, says the Rubber Manufacturers Association.
- 2008-08-15 Apollo Cancels Hungary Plans
India's Apollo Tyres cancelled plans to build a $298 million tire plant in Hungary.
- 2008-08-15 Pirelli Joins Price Hike Round
Pirelli Tire North America is increasing prices in the U.S. up to 7% as of Nov. 1.
- 2008-08-15 Goodyear Dunlop Launches Health and Safety Plan After Accident
Goodyear Dunlop has announced the launch of a global health and safety plan after a worker was injured in an accident at the company’s Wolverhampton plant.
- 2008-08-15 BFNAT Commercials in Cannes Finals
Bridgestone/Firestone North American Tire’s two Super Bowl commercials have been selected as finalists in the Cannes Lions International Advertising Festival.
- 2008-08-15 Sumitomo Results Show Higher Sales, Lower Profits
Sumitomo Rubber Industries has released its consolidated interim results for the period between Jan. 1 and June 30, and these figures show a pattern echoed throughout the tyre industry at present – increased sales but reduced profits.
- 2008-08-18 Hankook Points to Tyre Tests to Confirm Rolling Resistance Qualities
The latest 18-inch UHP wide-base tyre test published in Germany’s leading automotive consumer magazine “Auto Bild” shows that paying attention to rolling resistance does not necessarily have to come attached to an unacceptable sacrifice in the areas of handling or braking.
- 2008-08-18 200 UK Jobs Gone With Closure of Michelin Service Centre
The Manchester based shared service centre operated by Michelin has become a victim of outsourcing, with the resultant loss of 200 jobs.
- 2008-08-18 ITC Finalizes Anti-Dumping Ruling Against Chinese
The International Trade Commission affirmed a previous ruling by the Commerce Department, voting 5-1 to place anti-dumping and countervailing duties on certain TR tires imported from China.
- 2008-08-18 ‘Our Business Policy is Impeccable’ – Michelin
Groupe Michelin has responded to an article published by newspaper Le Figaro, which stated France’s competition council was looking into a case of market abuse involving the tyre maker.
- 2008-08-18 Apollo Tyres unit shut down
A lock-out was declared at Apollo Tyres’ facility in on August 16, reportedly due to a lack of production and strike action from a portion of the workforce.
- 2008-08-18 Conti Wants Better Terms in Takeover Deal
Apparently now resigned that a takeover is inevitable, Continental AG is trying to steer matters in a more amicable fashion.
- 2008-08-18 Amtel-Vredestein Delivers $222 Million Loss in 2007
Despite net sales rising 29.4% to $994 million in the full 2007 year to Dec. 1, Amtel-Vredestein has recorded a pretax loss of $222 million for the year.
- 2008-08-18 If Only They Had Run-Flats
Flat tyre precipitates Russia/Georgia conflict
- 2008-08-18 Hungarian City 'Invites' Apollo Factory Bid
The Hungarian city of Polgar, has reportedly invited a bid for Apollo Tyres to build a 200 million euro factory there.
- 2008-08-19 ATC Claims Washington Land Purchase
American Tire Corp. now claims it has acquired some 520 acres of land in Washington state on which it plans to build its $500 million OTR tire plant – a facility that earlier this year it had claimed was already under construction.
- 2008-08-19 26 More Hungarian Municipalities ‘Interested’ in Apollo Tyre Factory
The Hungarian Ministry of Economy and National Development has announced that a total twenty-seven Hungarian municipalities have signed a letter of intent to become the new site for Apollo Tyres’ new 200 million tyre factory.
- 2008-08-19 Apollo Seeks Government Help Over Lockout
Management at Apollo Tyres, who instigated a lockout at the company’s factory in Kerala, India, are now seeking local government intervention.
- 2008-08-19 Natural Rubber Price Levels Off
The price of natural rubber is finally starting to level off, after increasing 40 per cent in the last year.
- 2008-08-19 Amtel-Vredestein Suspends Production at Kirov Factory
Upon making the announcement on August 19 the company said the stoppage is the result of a working capital shortage it has experienced in recent months.
- 2008-08-19 The Greenest Tyres
Tyre manufacturers have been using recycled rubber in agricultural and OTR tyres for some time, but new research shows that lower rolling resistance passenger and truck tyres could be greener still if they also used ultra fine recycled rubber powder in their compound recipes.
- 2008-08-20 Michelin Hits 3 Million Mark
Michelin North America celebrated production of its 3 millionth aircraft tire at its plant in Norwood, N.C.
- 2008-08-20 Toyo Starts Expansion at Georgia Plant
Toyo Tire North America Manufacturing Inc. will hold groundbreaking ceremonies on Aug. 26 at its White, Ga., tire plant.
- 2008-08-20 Toyo Presenting Sponsor of Speed Races
Toyo has been named the presenting sponsor of this weekend’s SCCA Speed GT and Touring Car races at Mosport International Raceway, and presenting sponsor of the Speed Touring Car season finale at Road Atlanta.
- 2008-08-19 Balfour Beatty Trials Cooper Discoverer S/T Tyres
Balfour Beatty, the engineering, construction, services and investment business, is currently undertaking a “hugely successful” trial of Cooper Tire & Rubber Company’s Discoverer S/T tyres.
- 2008-08-20 Goodyear to Close 92 US Retail Outlets
Goodyear plans to close 92 – 12 per cent – of its 742 company owned retail outlets in the US, and eliminate 600 full and part-time jobs.
- 2008-08-22 Conti Concludes “Far Reaching” Agreement with Schaeffler
After more than a month of talks and controversy, on August 21 Continental AG announced it has entered into what it calls a ‘far reaching investment agreement’ with Schaeffler KG, Mrs. Maria-Elisabeth Schaeffler and Mr. Georg F.W. Schaeffler.
- 2008-08-22 Cooper to Free Up Domestic Capacity with China Imports
According to reports, Cooper Tire expects to receive around 2.5 million tyres from its Cooper Chengshan Tire facility in China during 2008.
- 2008-08-21 Toyota SA to Change OE Tyre After Safety Concerns Voiced
Toyota South Africa has acknowledged that the tyres fitted to its strong selling Fortuner SUV model may cause the vehicle to experience handling problems on gravel surfaces.
- 2008-08-21 Bridgestone to Mark 200th Grand Prix at New Venue
Bridgestone is set to celebrate its 200th appearance in Formula One at this weekend’s European Grand Prix, which will take place on the streets of Valencia for the first time.
- 2008-08-21 LIONAX Supplies China's Public Transportation With TPMS Safeguard for the Olympic Games
LIONAX, the first Chinese company listed on Euronext, today announces that it has recently supplied TPMS safeguards to the public transportation for China's Olympic Games.
- 2008-08-22 Hankook US Prices Rising up to 10%
As of October 1, prices for Hankook Tire products in the US will increase by up to 10 per cent.
- 2008-08-21 CTNA Takes Truck Tire Hike
Continental Tire North America will up the pricing on all of its OE and replacement medium truck tires as of Oct. 1.
- 2008-08-22 Unveiling of the new exclusive light metal wheel TRENTA at Automechanika
Rim manufacturer RIAL is celebrating their 30th anniversary and are celebrating this at the Automechanika in Frankfurt with the unveiling of a worldwide novelty: the exclusive light metal wheel TRENTA.
- 2008-08-23 Pirelli Acquires Minority Shareholding in Turkish Tyre Units
Pirelli & C SpA reports its tyre division has purchased the minority shareholdings in the two tyre companies it controls in Turkey for 43 million euros.
- 2008-08-23 Tyre Industry Set to Take Larger Slice of India’s NR Cake
The share of natural rubber consumed by the tyre industry in India is likely to increase in the years to come, says the Automotive Tyre Manufacturers Association (ATMA).
- 2008-08-22 New Steer Radial from Hankook
Hankook Tire America has released the Hankook AL07+, a long-haul steer radial.
- 2008-08-25 Bridgestone voluntarily recalls 4,202 motorcycle tires
Bridgestone Firestone North American Tire LLC (BFNT) has initiated a voluntary recall campaign on behalf of Bridgestone Corp. of Japan to replace 4,202 specialty motorcycle tires.
- 2008-08-27 Bridgestone Recalls Tyres in US
Bridgestone Firestone North American Tire (BFNT) has announced the start of a recall campaign in the US involving approximately 2,100 SUV tyres.
- 2008-08-25 Goodyear VEBA Trust Approved by Federal Court
The Goodyear Tire & Rubber Company announced that the Voluntary Employees' Beneficiary Association trust (VEBA) proposed by it and the United Steelworkers union has been approved by U.S. District Court Judge John R. Adams.
- 2008-08-27 Pirelli Shuts Two Plants
Pirelli’s plant in Carlisle has been shut since Thursday, when workers were told to stay away following the discovery of a problem with the building’s boiler system. Company has also sent home its workforce at the other UK factory in Burton.
- 2008-08-27 MAK to Appear at Automechanika
Italian wheel manufacturer MAK has announced that its presence will be felt at the next Automechanika – the international fair dedicated to car components and accessories. The event will be held in Frankfurt between Tuesday 16 September and Sunday 21 September.
- 2008-08-26 Tatneft and Continental to build a new tyre plant
The new integral steel-cord tyre plant being constructed in the territory of Nizhnekamskshina for buses and trucks is to produce the first certified tyres in September 2009.
- 2008-08-27 Bridgestone Celebrates first decades in Aiken County
The Bridgestone Firestone plant near Graniteville produced its first tire Aug. 26, 1998. Exactly 10 years later, the plant manufactures 25,000 tires every day, using 800,000 pounds of raw material.
- 2008-08-26 Toyo rolls along with more expansion in Georgia
Toyo Tire North America Manufacturing Inc. will soon start a third expansion in Bartow County, Ga., in four years, adding 400 new jobs and spending $270 million.
- 2008-08-25 Michelin Introduces New Tires On Great American Trucking Show
Michelin Americas Truck Tires has unveiled the latest tire in its revolutionary X One wide single tire line—the MICHELIN X One XDN2 tire.
- 2008-08-28 Hino Motors honors Bridgestone Bandag
Bridgestone Bandag Tire Solutions received the Delivery Achievement Award from Hino Motors Manufacturing for 100% on-time delivery and delivery accuracy in 2007.
- 2008-08-28 U.S. Congress Orders Rolling Resistance Information Campaign
Following some 12 years during which it blocked any attempt to introduce a tyre rolling resistance standard, the US Congress has responded to climbing fuel prices by ordering a consumer information programme by next year to inform consumers what to expect from tyres in terms of fuel economy.
- 2008-08-28 New Nokian TRI 2 sizes: Tender and soft green area maintenance and grassland farming
The blockpatterned Nokian TRI 2 is a reliable partner for modern-day farmers and equipment contractors. Good grip, high load-bearing capacity and a pleasant driving feeling facilitate contractors' routines throughout the year.
- 2008-08-28 New Nokian Forest Rider rim size gives much needed efficiency and radial tyre comfort to smaller forestry machines
The Nokian Forest Rider, designed for CTL (cut-to-length) forestry machines, is the first functional radial tyre for professional forestry use. The size range of the tyre, which has won over users with its driving comfort, durability and supreme traction, will now expand.
- 2008-08-28 New machinery for “Rosava” plant
The installation and launch of new machinery in “Rosava” plant has successfully been completed. The representatives of Harburg Freudenberg, a well-known for its highly precise tyre equipment German company, carried out the installation works.
- 2008-08-29 Michelin scraps Mexico plant plan due US slowdown
France's Michelin, one of the worlds' biggest tyre groups, said on Friday it was shelving plans for a second plant in Mexico as it adjusted its capacity downwards in North America due to lower demand.
- 2008-08-29 New AVID Touring-S™ Added to Yokohama Tire Corporation Lineup
Yokohama Tire Corporation is adding a new tire to its popular AVID line: the AVID Touring-S™. The tire will be available in tire stores across the U.S. in the fall of 2008.
- 2008-08-30 Finichi Launches the Firenze
Italian Wheel Designer Finichi has released its latest design. The Firenze features an ‘aggressive’ split spoke design and deep stainless steel lip that contrasts with the spokes, which can be specified in black or, for those wanting a look more in keeping with OEM fitments, hypersilver.
- 2008-08-30 Apollo Begins Quest for New Factory Site in Hungary, Slovakia
Apollo Tyres will begin its search for possible new sites for its European factory at the start of September. According to the company’s public relations agent in Hungary, sites both in Hungary and Slovakia will be considered.
- 2008-08-29 New Compound Improves Energy Efficiency in Tyres
ExxonMobil Chemical today announced the start-up of a manufacturing facility at its existing site in Pensacola, Fla., that provides new capacity for the production of a new tyre material technology that the company says can improve vehicle fuel efficiency.
- 2008-08-31 Michelin Praised For Military Service
Citing superior tire quality and delivery service, the United States military's Defense Supply Center Columbus (DSCC) has recognized two divisions of Michelin North America with performance awards.
- 2008-09-01 Continental Tire Canada Sponsors Porsche Club
Being an official sponsor of the CanAm Challenge for the second year in a row, Continental Tire Canada, Inc., is pleased to announce its on-going relationship with the Porsche Club of America in the upper Canadian region for 2009.
- 2008-08-30 First Stage in Pirelli "Cyber Tyre" Technology Coming 2010
Pirelli is close to releasing its latest tyre technology – an "intelligent" tyre fitted with a microchip within its carcass.
- 2008-09-02 Firestone Winterhawk 2 a Timely Arrival for Winter
Enhanced safety and driving comfort with the Firestone Winterhawk 2The new and improved high performance winter tyre gives you the reassurance of superior control of your vehicle. Comfort and economy create the perfect package.
- 2008-09-01 Bridgestone Closes Warehouse
Bridgestone Firestone North America has closed its south-eastern distribution centre in Georgia in anticipation of the opening of a new warehouse in Jacksonville, Florida.
- 2008-09-01 Misano MotoGP: Dani Pedrosa to switch to Bridgestone
Dani Pedrosa will make a sensational switch to Bridgestone tyres from the Indianapolis GP onwards.
- 2008-09-02 Wheel Producer BBS to Relocate Facility
Some time in the next few years – by 2011 at the latest, aluminium wheel producer BBS International will close its factory and headquarters in Schiltach, Germany (the “S” in the name BBS).
- 2008-09-01 Continental has Acquired 89.66 Percent of Oltas SPA
After the approval of the Turkish antitrust authorities last week Continental AG has acquired 89.66 percent of the shares in Oltas SPA headquartered in Istanbul, Turkey.
- 2008-09-02 Tropical Battery to Distribute for Goodyear Jamaica
Goodyear Jamaica, which currently faces mounting losses on its island operations, has appointed Tropical Battery - a distributor of batteries, Castrol motor oils and other car care lubricants, brake pads and other automotive products – as its distributor in an effort to gain better local market positioning.
- 2008-09-02 SKAD: new wheels for 4x4/SUV
The casting and mechanical plant SKAD has prepared two new designs for the upcoming autumn-2008 season – Skala and Olymp, oriented at Toyota, Nissan and Mitsubishi SUVs.
- 2008-09-02 Merrill Lynch downgrades Continental and upgrades Michelin
As Merrill Lynch’s Michelin recommendation was upgraded to see in the new month, Continental’s was cut to "underperform" from "neutral".
- 2008-09-03 Pirelli Wins Auto Express 2008 Tyre Test
The Pirelli P Zero (225/45 R17), achieved the highest overall score in this year’s Auto Express tyre test, coming top in a comparison test against 15 other competitor brands.
- 2008-09-03 400 Federal and Hero Brand Tyres Stolen
Norfolk police are investigating the theft of up to 400 tyres from We Sell Tyres’ Hellesdon, near Norwich, operation. Cost of theft estimated at £10,000 of stock.
- 2008-09-03 Michelin raises its tire prices in Europe
As a result of continuing increases in raw material, energy and transportation costs, and after the increases passed from July 1, 2008 for Earthmover tires from August 1, 2008 for Agricultural tires, Michelin will raise its Passenger Car and Light Truck and Truck and Bus tires from October 1, 2008.
- 2008-09-04 Goodyear Dunlop Makes Big Push for Birmingham Children’s Hospital
Birmingham’s city centre canal system received some unusual visitors on August 31 when Goodyear Dunlop employees rolled one of the company’s Marathon truck tyres along its banks in a bid to raise funds for Birmingham Children’s Hospital.
- 2008-09-04 Michelin’s Latest Pub Eating Guide Hits the Streets
There’s no denying Michelin makes a good tyre, but unfortunately they don’t taste so good.
- 2008-09-04 Apollo Factory Lockout Over
The lockout at the Apollo Tyres facility in the Indian state of Kerala is reportedly over, with employees resuming work as of September 3.
- 2008-09-04 Michelin’s MaxiTrailer Ideal for Low Trailers
Back in April this year, Michelin utilised the occasion of the Commercial Vehicle Show 2008 to launch its new 255/60 R 19.5 X MaxiTrailer.
- 2008-09-05 Michelin Latitude® Tour is the Smartest Tire for Crossover Vehicles
Growing popularity, increased fuel efficiency and versatility all combine to make the crossover sport utility vehicle (CUV) a popular choice for today's consumer.
- 2008-09-05 Goodyear Reducing Truck Tyre Production in Luxembourg
The output of truck tyres from Goodyear’s facility in Colmar-Berg, Luxembourg will be significantly reduced until the end of this year.
- 2008-09-05 Tyre Safety Month is on its Way
TyreSafe explains how the trade can get involved
- 2008-09-05 Pirelli Develops New Premium “Gommoncino”
Italian giant also looks to emerging truck markets. Pirelli continues to aspire to innovation in the area of truck tyres, while also acknowledging its desire to tap into new and emerging markets.
- 2008-09-05 Finnish investors eager to build a new tyre facility in Lugans’k district
Olexandr Antipov, Lugans’k governor and Yevhen Kharin, regional council deputy assistant, had a meeting with the Ambassador Extraordinary and Plenipotentiary of Finland in Ukraine Krister Michelsson and Nikian Tyres officials.
- 2008-09-06 Continental to Complete Spikes Acquisition
Continental are to complete the acquisition of all shares in the Finnish spikes manufacturer TIKKA Spikes Oy, along with its Russian subsidiary OOO TIKKA, based in St. Petersburg.
- 2008-09-06 Hankook Hungary plant to be certified as direct supplier
South Korea's Hankook Tire expects its new plant in Hungary to acquire an ISO certificate allowing it to become a direct supplier to car makers by the end of the year.
- 2008-09-06 Tyremakers Affected by Toyota’s Revised 2009 Estimate
Toyota has downward revised its projected production figures for 2009 by 7%; instead of the previously anticipated 10.4 million vehicles, the company now estimates that around 9.7 million Toyotas will be manufactured next year.
- 2008-09-08 Apollo introduces truck tire
Indian tiremaker Apollo Tyres Ltd. has unveiled a new cross ply commercial truck tire, the XT-100K.
- 2008-09-09 Successful Motor Show For Toyo
At this year's British International Motor Show, Toyo Tyre UK Ltd. represented Toyo Tires; the first time that the company had exhibited at the event.
- 2008-09-08 Sumitomo Rubber Buys Tire Plant in Thailand
Sumitomo Rubber Industries Inc, has announced its intention to buy Taiwanese tyremaker Hwa Fong Rubber Co’s Thailand plant for 2.36 billion yen (roughly £12.5 million).
- 2008-09-09 New Nokian MPT Agile keeps soldiers and civilians firmly on the road
The Nokian MPT Agile, designed for terrain and military vehicles, is an efficient and safe choice for off- and on-road use.
- 2008-09-09 Goodyear Named Off-Road Tire Champion in WSORR
Off-road racing celebrated a championship weekend in Crandon, WI, with the World Series of Off-Road Racing (WSORR) crowning a number of series winners based on their season-long performances on the hills, bumps and dirt of several tough courses.
- 2008-09-08 Bridgestone Duelers earn Infiniti fitments
Bridgestone Dueler H/P 92A and Dueler H/L 400 tires will outfit different versions of the 2009 Infiniti FX.
- 2008-09-09 Yamaha plans to invest Rs. 8 bln in India
Yamaha Motor Co. plans to invest Rs. 8 bln ($183 mln) in India for a variety of purposes including setting up its manufacturing facility, servicing, and marketing of its motorcycles in the country.
- 2008-09-09 Goodyear Aims to Expand in Poland
Goodyear Tire & Rubber will increase its stake in TC Debica, a Polish contract tire maker, to 66% and work with management to nearly triple commercial tire production for Goodyear, up to 5,000 tires per day from 1,700.
- 2008-09-10 Kumho Plant Gets Additional Grant
The Macon-Bibb County Industrial Authority recently learned about some unexpected grant money for the Kumho Tire manufacturing plant, which broke ground earlier this year in the Sofkee Industrial Park in south Bibb County.
- 2008-09-10 New products in the range of ityre.com
By popular demand of ityre.com’s clients, new forged wheels manufactured by the Russian producer VSMPO have been added to the range of wheels offered by the internet-store.
- 2008-09-10 General Tyre Tanzania Plant at a Crossroads
The fate of General Tyre Tazania is still hanging in the balance, having closed in April last year.
- 2008-09-11 Cooper Courts UK "Soft Roaders"
Cooper Tire has launched a 4x4 tyre in the UK specially designed for sporty SUV drivers not wanting to take their vehicle off-road: the Cooper Zeon XSTа.
- 2008-09-10 Dunlop Gears Up for the 2008 Bol d’Or 24-Hours
Dunlop and its riders are gearing up for the 2008 Bol d’Or FIM Endurance World Championship 24 hour motorcycle race at Magny Cours, France.
- 2008-09-11 Two Bridgestone Plants Cut Production Days
Tennessee’s two Bridgestone / Firestone plants have announced that they are responding to slackening sales by cutting 51 production days between them.
- 2008-09-11 Michelin Invites Police into its House of Horrors
"Darkest museum in the country" trains accident investigators
- 2008-09-11 Continental Wins MAN Trucknology Supplier Award
Continental Truck Tyres has won the Trucknology Supplier Award presented by MAN.
- 2008-09-11 Morgan Electro Ceramics Provides TPMS Battery Solution
Morgan Electro Ceramics, a leading manufacturer of electro ceramic material solutions, has developed a "piezoelectric bimorph" suitable for use in automotive tyre pressure monitoring systems (TPMS).
- 2008-09-11 Toyo Plant Receives ISO Certification
Toyo Tire North America Manufacturing, Inc. (TNA) received ISO 9001:2000 Quality Management System Standards certification by Houston-based Lloyd’s Register Quality Assurance.
- 2008-09-12 Automechanika Malaysia to Promote ASEAN Auto Industry
Malaysian vehicle sales rise during first half of 2008
- 2008-09-12 Michelin Launch New Agricultural Tyre
Michelin has announced the launch of its latest series of agricultural tyres.
- 2008-09-12 Bridgestone Potenzas Provide Performance For Racing Icons
Bridgestone-brand Potenza RE-01R tires with UNI-T technology provided legendary performance for some of the top drivers in the world at the Toyota Race of Legends recently.
- 2008-09-15 iTyre.com: Vinnytsia regional office established
The first regional office of iTyre.com commences its work on 15 September 2008.
- 2008-09-13 Yokohama does its part to combat global warming
Yokohama Rubber Co. Ltd. donated close to $25,000 to the World Wild Fund (WWF) for Nature Japan as part of the LIVE ecoMOTION music event staged by Yokohama employees in Shibuya Tokyo, Japan, in July.
- 2008-09-14 RIAL LUGANO
The explosion of new products from RIAL continues. With the brand new LUGANO wheel, the manufacturer is, quite literally, bringing extra swing to the world of light alloy wheels
- 2008-09-15 Michelin introduces port tire size
Michelin North America Inc. has unveiled a new size for its X TERMINAL-T line. The tire is specifically designed for use in port applications.
- 2008-09-15 Bridgestone earns 2 Ford awards in Europe
Ford Motor Co. has awarded its Q1 Preferred Quality Status certification to Bridgestone Corp. tire plants in Poznan, Poland, and Bethune, France.
- 2008-09-15 25% of Goodyear Dalian Tire on Sale
Dalian Bingshan Group is gearing up to sell its 25 % of Goodyear Dalian Tire to the public for 311.46 million yuan (25.47 million pounds sterling).
- 2008-09-15 2008 Paris Auto Show Preview: Venturi and Michelin Electric Car
Tiremaker Michelin and specialist carmaker Venturi have announced that their ongoing collaboration will bear new fruit this fall at the 2008 Paris Auto Show.
- 2008-09-16 Nokian Plunges With Russia
Finnish tire maker Nokian Renkaat is plunging with Russian stocks as the ruble falls and commodity prices tumble, and the decline may not let up as pressure from larger competitors grows.
- 2008-09-16 Conti Cutting European truck tyre Production by 6.5%
Continental is reportedly cutting back production at its three European truck tyre factories by 6.5%.
- 2008-09-16 Michelin signs 10-yr Emirates tyre supply deal
Michelin said it has signed a 10-year deal to equip Dubai-based Emirates Airline's fleet of Airbus A380 aircraft with radial tyres.
- 2008-09-17 SmarTire Reaches Patent Infringement Settlement with Schrader
TPMS developer SmarTire Systems Inc. has settled its previously pending patent infringement lawsuit against Schrader-Bridgeport International Inc. and Schrader Electronics Ltd.
- 2008-09-16 Tree-Planting Ceremony Held at Yokohama Tire Philippines
Yokohama Rubber’s commitment to all things environmental continued on August 23 with another tree planting ceremony, part of its “Yokohama Forever Forest” project at Yokohama Tire Philippines.
- 2008-09-17 Goodyear to Collaborate in Development of Isoprene Substitute
On September 16 the announcement was made that Goodyear has entered into a research collaboration with Genencor, a division of Danish company Danisco A/S, to develop a bio-based process for producing isoprene using renewable raw materials.
- 2008-09-17 Kia Wants Michelin for Fuel Efficient Cee’d
Korea’s Kia Motors has selected Michelin to provide the OE tyres for all new additions to the company’s cee’d range.
- 2008-09-18 Conti changes ’08 earnings outlook downward
Continental A.G. has revised its earnings expectations for fiscal 2008 downward in light of the "substantial worsening" of the vehicle markets in North America and Europe and the burdens from continually increasing raw material costs.
- 2008-09-17 Bridgestone to roll out 'green' tire in North America
Bridgestone Corp. plans to introduce a new, environmentally friendly tire to the North American market in early 2009 that "will put a premium on rolling resistance," Bridgestone Americas Holding Inc.
- 2008-09-18 Williams Named Pirelli Star Driver
Jon Williams has been plucked by Pirelli to fill the first of the Italian manufacturer’s five Star Drivers to compete in the World Rally Championship.
- 2008-09-18 Goodyear Plants Out of Action Following Hurricane Ike
The hurricane that struck the Texas, US coastline on September 13 has affected the company’s operations in the area, with operations at three of its petrochemical plants suspended.
- 2008-09-18 2008 Bridgestone eReporter Named
The GP2 end of season ceremony in Monza, Italy was the location Bridgestone decided upon to reveal the 2008 winner of its annual e-reporter competition.
- 2008-09-18 Bridgestone Bandag Releases Fuel Economy Guide
With fuel moving into the lead as a fleet’s top expense, Bridgestone Bandag Tire Solutions (BBTS) is releasing its fourth comprehensive fuel economy guide for large trucks.
- 2008-09-19 Yokohama Ready for Step into WTCC Unknown
Yokohama’s ADVAN brand will receive its sternest challenge yet as the World Touring Car Championship’s control tyre this weekend, as the company prepares to take its tyres to the Autodromo Enzo e Dino Ferrari, Imola – the first of two previously unseen tracks this season.
- 2008-09-19 Viking International Promotes Tyre Safety Month
Viking International has confirmed its support of the annual Tyre Safety Campaign.
- 2008-09-19 Goodyear Aviation to Sponsor Aerobatic Champion Patty Wagstaff
AKRON, Ohio, Sept. 17, 2008 – The Goodyear Tire & Rubber Company today announced that it has reached agreement with Patty Wagstaff Airshows, Inc., to supply Flight Custom III tires for Wagstaff’s Cirrus Extra 300S aircraft.
- 2008-09-19 BFNT will recall 184 truck tires
Bridgestone Firestone North American Tire LLC (BFNT)will recall 184 size 315/80R22.5 Load Range L Firestone FS400 commercial truck tires built between June 15 and June 28, 2008.
- 2008-09-19 Nokian Hakka Z SUV – coolly superior power tyre
Nokian Tyres’ product development has fashioned its newest SUV summer tyre for power, sturdiness and comfort.
- 2008-09-19 Nokian HT SUV – a new summer tyre for demanding SUV driving on asphalt and gravel
Nokian’s family of tyres has grown with the addition of a hard-wearing and high performing new summer tyre intended for urban SUVs; the Nokian HT SUV.
- 2008-09-20 Dunlop Given Control Tyre Contract
Dunlop has bagged the opportunity to produce the control tyre over the next three years for the Dunlop/Gambia MSA British Historic Rally Championship, which will switch to a single make of tyre for 2009.
- 2008-09-20 Conti Extends Sizes on HSC1/HDC1 Construction Tyre
Continental has released a bevy of new sizes on its range of next-generation construction tyres for both on and off-road applications.
- 2008-09-20 RIAL is celebrating their 30th anniversary at Automechanika
The 30-th anniversary of the leading rim manufacturer RIAL coincides with Automechanika 2008 in Frankfurt.
- 2008-09-20 Bridgestone Marks F1 with Reflective Paint
Bridgestone has announced that at Formula One`s upcoming Singapore Grand Prix it will mark its super-soft and extremely wet tyres with reflective paint for the first time.
- 2008-09-20 Sumitomo to Push Fuel Efficient Line in U.S., Europe
Sumitomo Rubber Industries Ltd. said it would launch fuel-efficient passenger tires in the U.S. and European markets.
- 2008-09-21 First UK Bus Awards Bridgestone UK Two-Year Tyre Contract
First UK Bus has awarded Bridgestone UK a two-year contract worth £5m to supply new and remould tyres for 3,500 vehicles across the First UK Bus fleet.
- 2008-09-20 RIAL MILANO
MILANO – is the name of the most recent ten spoke wheel newcomer from RIAL. Suitable for compact and middle-class vehicles and with a 5 year guarantee.
- 2008-09-22 October is Tyre Safety Month
This year's Tyre Safety Month will take place in October. This year’s focus will be on the importance of tyre pressure in vehicle safety.
- 2008-09-22 Sumitomo and Japan AE Power Systems have signed the contract to supplying Auto transformers
Sumitomo and Japan AE Power Systems receive order for electric substation equipment from state-owned power company in South Africa (ESKOM).
- 2008-09-22 Ike Closed Synthetic Plants, May Idle Goodyear Tire Plants
Reports say that Goodyear’s Topeka, Kan., tire plant will be shut down for a few days next week due to a raw materials shortage caused by Hurricane Ike.
- 2008-09-22 Michelin Eying Conti Tire Group - Report
According to a German magazine, Groupe Michelin would consider buying Continental AG’s tire operations if they were offered for sale.
- 2008-09-23 Kumho to Focus on Regional Truck Sector
Kumho’s current focus in the truck tyre segment is on the development of new products for the regional market.
- 2008-09-23 Bridgestone Emergency Team Helps in Ike Clear-up
The Bridgestone Emergency Response Team – made up of volunteers who work for the tyre manufacturer – has pitched in to help clear the wreckage left in the wake of Hurricane Ike.
- 2008-09-23 Schaeffler Now Owns 90% of Continental - more than it initially wanted
The new owner of Continental AG, Schaeffler Group, has announced that it now holds a total of 90.19 per cent of the tyre and automotive system supplier.
- 2008-09-24 Michelin Purchase of Conti Tyre Division Not Feasible - Analysts
Any idea Michelin has of purchasing Continental AG’s tyre business will most likely die quietly, as analysts have poured cold water on the possibility that such an arrangement would be permitted.
- 2008-09-23 Michelin Gets Komatsu OE Spot
Michelin XDR OTR radials have been tapped as standard OE on the Komatsu 860E-1K haul truck, introduced this week at MINExpo in Las Vegas.
- 2008-09-24 Michelin to Stop Dundee Production for a Week
Michelin is reportedly closing its Baldovie factory in Dundee for a week to counter a drop in demand, however the company stresses that workers will still be paid and the factory’s future remains secure.
- 2008-09-24 Hankook to Supply Sinopec
Sinopec, the Chinese petrol and chemical giant, has awarded Hankook Tire with two supply contracts for steel truck radial tyres.
- 2008-09-24 Pirelli Tyres "a real step up" for Endurance Series
Saturday 20 September saw the conclusion of this year’s Grand-Am Rolex Sports Car Series at the Miller Motorsports Park in Utah; a finale that also witnessed the curtain drop on Pirelli’s first-year performance as tyre supplier for the series.
- 2008-09-24 Yokohama Rubber to Exhibit at Paris Motor Show
Tokyo - The Yokohama Rubber Co., Ltd., will participate in the Paris Motor Show (officially named the Mondial de l’Automobile), which runs from October 4th through the 19th (the 2nd and 3rd will be press days).
- 2008-09-25 Michelin to Invest 30 million euros in Poland Production
Michelin Group is reportedly planning to invest roughly 30 million euros in expanding its production adjacent logistics operation in Poland.
- 2008-09-25 Hankook All-Season Test Success
Company’s new Optimo 4S all-season tyre convinces testers at Auto Bild
- 2008-09-24 Sumitomo Establishes Middle East Replacement Tyre Business
- 2008-09-24 Bridgestone to Increase Investment in Brazil
- 2008-09-26 Tyre Safety Month Gets Underway
TyreSafe puts pressure on safety message
- 2008-09-26 Conti Begins Series Production of Hybrid Vehicle Batteries
Lithium-ion technology permits unimpaired function for the vehicle’s lifetime On September 24 Continental’s Powertrain Division held a celebration to mark the start of series production for its lithium-ion batteries for use in hybrid drive cars.
- 2008-09-26 Conti Introducing M+S Steering Axle Tyre at IAA Show
Continental Truck Tyres is presenting its new HSU 1 M+S steering-axle tyre for city driving at the IAA Commercial Vehicle Show in Hanover, Germany.
- 2008-09-25 Cooper Idles Tire Plant
Citing the impact of Hurricane Ike on a supply of raw materials, Cooper Tire is idling more than 1,000 workers at its Albany plant until Monday.
- 2008-09-25 Goodyear Gets IMG for International Licensing
IMG Licensing has been tapped by Goodyear to help license the Goodyear brand outside of North America.
- 2008-09-25 Goodyear to Draw Portion of Revolving Credit Facility as Access to Certain U.S. Cash Investments Delayed; Announces Conclusion of VEBA Appeal Period
The Goodyear Tire & Rubber Company today said it intends to draw $600 million from its existing U.S. revolving credit facility due to a temporary delay in its ability to access $360 million of cash currently invested with The Reserve Primary Fund.
- 2008-09-25 Goodyear Announces Conclusion of VEBA Appeal Period
Goodyear Tire & Rubber Company announced today the expiration of the 30-day period to appeal the U.S. District Court’s Order approving the settlement agreement that established the Voluntary Employees’ Beneficiary Association trust (VEBA), which will provide healthcare benefits to the company’s current and future United Steelworkers (USW) retirees.
- 2008-09-27 Dunlop Aircraft Tyres to Supply Fast Growing Turkish Carrier
The decision by Pegasus, Turkey’s fastest growing airline, to double its fleet with the purchase of 24 new Boeing 737-800 aircraft has been well received at Dunlop Aircraft Tyres.
- 2008-09-27 Conti Opens Second Facility in Calamba, Philippines
A second manufacturing site belonging to Continental AG has been opened in Calamba, the Philippines.
- 2008-09-26 New ISO Quality Standard Agreed
The International Standards Organization and International Accreditation Forum say they have agreed a new schedule for accredited certification to ISO 9001:2008.
- 2008-09-27 МАК Launches New 10-Spoke Wheel design
Italian wheelmaker МАК used the recent Automechanika exhibition to launch its latest design, the Iguan, on the international car accessories market. The new wheel is a ten-spoke design "purposely developed in order to embellish stylish and upper-class cars."
- 2008-09-26 Five Firestone Locations Named Green Businesses
The Automotive Service Association of Arizona has certified five Firestone Complete Auto Care lcoations as "green shops" through its voluntary Green Business Automotive Program, administered in conjunction with the Arizona Department of Environmental Quality.
- 2008-09-26 TransLinc Chooses Goodyear Dunlop as Sole Tyre Provider
Goodyear Dunlop has signed a 'substantial' fleet deal with Translinc, the UK's leading provider of specialist fleet management and passenger services to local authorities, schools, health authorities and public sector clients.
- 2008-09-27 Removal Firm Fits New Michelin XDN2 Grip
The UK’s largest independent removal firm, White & Company, has just taken delivery of a new Scania drawbar combination. The vehicle is the first in the fleet to be fitted with Michelin’s XDN2 Grip tyres on its drive axle.
- 2008-09-26 Snowtrac 3 testwinner!
Snowtrac 3 (successor to Snowtrac 2) wins industry leading winter tyre test!
- 2008-09-30 Michelin “Notes With Interest” MotoGP Single Tyre Decision
Michelin announced on September 28 that it "notes with interest" the decision to move to a single tyre supplier for the 2009 MotoGP World Championship. The French tyre major has referred to this decision as a "major change" and comments that it remains very committed to the series.
- 2008-09-29 Conti Winter Tyres Well-Rated in Tests
Continental reports that its tyres have faired very well in a number of winter tests.
- 2008-09-30 2009 Sales of $2b Anticipated for Joint Sibur-AV Company
The company to emerge from the deal between Sibur Holding and Amtel-Vredestein could generate sales of more than US$2 billion in 2009, a company executive has said. Sibur Russian Tyres CEO Vadim Gurinov has told the Kommersant business daily that he anticipated the company would post pre- interest, taxation, depreciation and amortisation earnings of $200 million in 2009.
- 2008-09-29 Michelin takes lead as industry grows
The global tire industry got bigger last year—13 percent bigger—with Michelin leading the pack.
- 2008-09-30 Survey Names Toyo Top Truck Tyre With US Dealers
Toyo Tire & Rubber has expressed its satisfaction in again being named the leading overall brand for medium truck tyres in Tire Review Magazine's annual Tire Brand Study of North American tyre dealers. This honour has fallen to Toyo in five of the past seven years.
- 2008-10-01 Nokian Introduces HT SUV Tyre for Urban 4x4s
Nokian’s product range has grown with the addition of the Nokian HT SUV, a summer tyre intended for urban use 4x4 vehicles.
- 2008-09-30 Amtel-Sibur Deal Takes Yet Another Turn
- 2008-10-01 Virtual Margins
The average 'virtual tyre' costs £69.14 In recent years the online tyre market has swollen in size (as observed in other retailer sectors).
- 2008-09-30 Michelin previews new tires at dealer meeting
Michelin North America Inc. (MNA) gave tire dealers a sneak preview of several new products during its Michelin Americas Small Tires Alliance Associate Dealer program meeting, held yesterday, Sept. 29, in Greenville, S.C.
- 2008-10-01 Bridgestone to receive NHL exposure
The Bridgestone brand will be the title sponsor of the upcoming Bridgestone NHL Premiere games, which will be played in Sweden and the Czech Republic.
- 2008-10-02 Goodyear Expands Kelly Size Line-up
This autumn Goodyear is adding new sizes to its North American Kelly Tires range, including additional sizes for the Navigator Touring Gold and Explorer Plus lines.
- 2008-10-01 Continental to focus on core business fields
Continental AG "has opened up broader future options" by reorganizing the tasks of its members to focus on two of the company's core business fields.
- 2008-10-01 Dealer program producing results, says MAST
Michelin Americas Small Tires (MAST) says its Alliance Associate Dealer (AAD) program has resulted in better margins and enhanced delivery options for participating dealers.
- 2008-10-02 Carna Transport Opts for Michelin OE Following 18-Month Test
Monaghan, Ireland based haulier Carna Transport has completed an 18-month tyre trial to compare the efficiency of two leading tyre brands in the truck market, and as a direct result the company placed an order for its ten newest Euroliner trailers to be delivered with Michelin tyres as original equipment.
- 2008-10-02 Goodyear Launches the SmartWear-Outfitted OptiGrip
Goodyear has today launched its riposte to the idea that tyres should be changed before the tread depth reaches the current legal low of 1.6mm. The company’s OptiGrip represents an attempt to answer the question through improving the safety of worn tyres rather than raising the recommended depth at which tyres are discarded.
- 2008-10-02 Amtel-Vredestein Sibur Merger Off
The Amtel-Vredestein Sibur-Russian Tyres merger has now officially been called off, as the Dutch manufacturer wasn’t able to find investors to fund the emission $100 million-worth shares before the deadline – 30 September.
- 2008-10-02 New Michelin X Energy™ Savergreen reduces costs while improving safety
Michelin has launched its all new Michelin X Energy™ Savergreen tyre which is designed to offer road transport companies unrivalled performance and economy, saving 500 litres of fuel per truck per year while continuing to deliver superior tread life*.
- 2008-10-03 Roush Performance accepts Cooper Zeon RS3 as its official tire
Cooper Tire & Rubber Co. and Roush Performance have teamed up to create the Cooper Zeon RS3 ultra-high performance summer tire.
- 2008-10-03 Goodyear Suspends Production at Gadsden Plant – Again
Goodyear’s tyre factory in Gadsden, Alabama, has again been shut down of a week due to a shortage of raw materials and to reduce the company’s overall tyre production, company officials announced on September 29.
- 2008-10-03 Michelin Says Cost Saving Plans On Target
On October 1 Michelin stated it remains on target to reach its “Horizon 2010” strategic plan of becoming more competitive. The cost saving programmes it has implemented have reduced costs by 500 million euros since 2006, approximately a third of its 2010 goal.
- 2008-10-03 New Sizes Added to North American Dunlop Range
In the US Goodyear reports that the list of Dunlop Signature fitments has been boosted by 11 new sizes this autumn, along with four additional choices in the brand's SP Winter Sport 3D line.
- 2008-10-04 Bridgestone Runflats OE Option on 2009 US RAV4
When the upcoming 2009 Toyota RAV4 Sport is released in the US, it will be available with Bridgestone Dueler run-flat tyres as part of the optional Sport Appearance Package, reports the tyremaker.
- 2008-10-04 10 Years of Bridgestone in Poznan, Poland
On 26th September, the staff of Bridgestone Poznan celebrated the 10th anniversary of the plant. With over 1300 employees, the Bridgestone tyre factory is one of the city’s biggest employers.
- 2008-10-04 Dunlop Celebrates 200th Consecutive 250cc MotoGP Win
On September 28 Dunlop reached a milestone worthy of celebrating – its 200th consecutive MotoGP 250cc Grand Prix victory. As the checkered flag greeted Marco Simoncelli across the line at the Motegi circuit in Japan, it marked an historic event in motorcycle racing that began with Max Biaggi’s Japanese 250cc Grand Prix win in 1996.
- 2008-10-04 Cooper/Kenda Facility Reaches Milestone Ahead of Schedule
Cooper Tire has reported the most successful ramp-up programme ever achieved by the company. In August, Cooper Kenda Tire reached the milestone of building and curing more than 10,000 tyres a day – a significant accomplishment, considering the CKT factory in Kunshan, west of Shanghai, has only been in production for 17 months.
- 2008-10-05 BFGoodrich Expanding Facility Despite Shutdown
BFGoodrich is going ahead with the expansion of its Tuscaloosa, Alabama facility despite a temporary shutdown the company attributes to numerous factors.
- 2008-10-05 Goodyear Expands Wrangler, Fortera Lines
Goodyear continues to ad sizes to its varied product lines, this time for its Goodyear Wrangler and Fortera light truck/SUV and CUV lines.
- 2008-10-06 Michelin Will Not Bid For MotoGP Tire Contract
Michelin will not bid for the contract to be single-source supplier of tires for the MotoGP World Championship
- 2008-10-07 Goodyear Rubber Factories Producing Again
Despite previous reports of factory closures due to raw material supply problems, Goodyear announced on October 3 that it has “no concerns” in this area as its synthetic rubber facilities have returned to operation.
- 2008-10-06 A one-two for the Pirelli equipped Citroens in Spain
The Citroen C4 WRCs of Sebastien Loeb and Dani Sordo have finished first and second respectively on the 44th Catalunya Rally in Spain.
- 2008-10-06 Rome Plant Gets MIRS Expansion
Pirelli SpA is investing another $15 million to expand its Rome, Ga., automated tire plant.
- 2008-10-06 Yokohama Rubber May Delay China Expansion
Yokohama Rubber Co. may delay a planned output expansion in China by a few months, the president of Japan's third-largest tyre maker said, as it braces for a further slowdown in demand and potential supply glut.
- 2008-10-07 Best winter tyres from leading manufacturers (for economy class)
Year after year the boom in the replacement tyre market is getting stronger and stronger. In their fight for the customer market leaders are presenting further innovative tyre lines.
- 2008-10-08 Goodyear Launches 5 New Tyres to Meet Transport Industry Needs
At September’s IAA International Commercial Vehicle Show in Germany, Goodyear presented five new tyre sizes it believes provide important solutions to the transport industry’s constantly evolving demands.
- 2008-10-07 Goodyear Turkey Halts Production for 8 Days
Goodyear tyres company will halt production in its Adapazari and Izmit factories for eight days between October 3rd and 10th.
- 2008-10-07 General, Pirelli, Michelin Top LT/SUV Tests
Consumer Reports tapped the General Grabber HTS and Pirelli Scorpion ATR as highest rated all-season and all-terrain light truck/SUV tires in its latest tire tests.
- 2008-10-08 New agricultural tyres from Rosava
Located in Bila Tserkva, Ukraine, the tyre manufacturer Rosava, which derived public recognition in 53 countries worldwide, is constantly developing and launching tyre novelties for the main four groups of transport.
- 2008-10-08 Goodyear Awarded Long-Term Contract with New York City Transit
The Goodyear Tire & Rubber Company announced today that it has been awarded a seven-year contract to supply tires and business solutions to New York City Transit, the nation's largest transit bus fleet.
- 2008-10-08 Bridgestone bids for sole MotoGP tire supply
Bridgestone Corp. has bid to become the single tire supplier for the MotoGP World Championship starting next year after Michelin decided not to bid for the global motorcycle racing series.
- 2008-10-08 Goodyear Awarded Long-Term Contract with New York City Transit
The Goodyear Tire & Rubber Company announced today that it has been awarded a seven-year contract to supply tires and business solutions to New York City Transit, the nation’s largest transit bus fleet.
- 2008-10-09 Goodyear Shares Rise Following Fleet Deal
Hot on the heels of the announcement of Goodyear’s supply deal with NYC transit (see "Goodyear Renews Supply Agreement…"), midday trading saw shares rise a not-to-be-sniffed-at 55 cents (4.6 per cent), hauling the PPS up to $12.57 in midday trading.
- 2008-10-09 Bridgestone to run 'green' tyre at Fuji
F1 will use special green-branded tyres in the Japanese Grand Prix to show the sport's support for the FIA's 'Make Cars Green' environmental campaign.
- 2008-10-09 Report: Conti Looking for Tire Unit Buyer
Financial Times Deutschland has reported that Continental AG may be actively looking to sell off its tire and ContiTech units.
- 2008-10-10 Bridgestone promotes tyre care for European Road Safety Day
Bridgestone will play an active role in support of the second European Road Safety Day on 13th October 2008, with an extensive programme promoting the importance of good tyre care in road safety.
- 2008-10-10 ETRMA Launches Pan-European Safety Campaign
ETRMA has launched a European-wide safe driving campaign, centring on an online quiz.
- 2008-10-11 Tyresure First UK TPMS Provider to Join TyreSafe
UK Tyre Pressure Monitoring Systems provider Tyresure has joined TyreSafe, the non-profit making organisation set up in 1992 with the responsibility of raising the awareness of the dangers of defective and worn tyres.
- 2008-10-10 Honda Canada to Offer Yokohama Tires
Honda Canada Honda and Acura dealers will be offering the complete line of Yokohama tires as a result of a new agreement between the two companies.
- 2008-10-10 Avon Tyres extends title sponsorship of British GT
Avon Tyres has formalised a deal with British GT Championship organisers, SRO, to continue its title sponsorship of the UK's premier sportscar series for an additional three years, until the end of 2011.
- 2008-10-11 Russian Tyremakers Voice Support for Increased Import Duties
Russia’s leading tyre and rubber industry companies have met as part of a subcommittee organised by the Russian Federation’s Chamber of Commerce and Industry.
- 2008-10-11 Best winter tyres from leading manufacturers (medium class)
With our customers on mind the internet-store ityre.com is offering a set of overviews of the most popular high-performance tyres for the madium-sized vehicles.
- 2008-10-11 Pirelli’s Scorpion Range Rated Highly in Consumer Survey
The Pirelli Scorpion Ice & Snow and ATR tyres have been ranked first in their respective categories by customers of US e-tailer TireRack.com.
- 2008-10-13 Continental Land Opening Ceremony for New Tire Plant in Hefei, China
Continental, one of the top five global leading automotive suppliers, has convened the land opening ceremony for its new plant in Hefei on October 10, 2008.
- 2008-10-13 A6 Fitment First European Luxury Saloon OE for Alcoa Dura-Bright
Audi AG has selected Alcoa to supply forged aluminum wheels with Dura-Bright® technology surface treatment for the new 2009 Audi A6 recently debuting at the Paris International Motor Show.
- 2008-10-13 Cooper extends race tire pacts
Cooper Tire & Rubber Co. Europe Ltd. has extended contracts as the exclusive race tire supplier for the British Formula 3 International Series and British GT Championship.
- 2008-10-14 Michelin is Leading Online Tyre Brand in 2008
Goodyear races up from sixth to third place
- 2008-10-13 Bridgestone Extending Belgium Logistic Centre
To support the growth of the company’s European business and better service customers across the continent, Bridgestone has decided to further extend the supply chain operations at its North European Logistic Centre in Zeebrugge.
- 2008-10-14 Cooper Says Plants Back to Work
The plants had been closed due to a constriction in raw materials due to the impact of Hurricane Ike.
- 2008-10-14 Goodyear Off-Road Racers Capture WSORR Season-Ending Awards
Keith Steele and John Mason drove their Goodyear tires hard all season during the Lucas Oil World Series of Off-Road Racing (WSORR) competition, and they were rewarded with a truck-bed full of shiny hardware at the recent "Night of Champions" Awards Banquet in Milwaukee, WI.
- 2008-10-15 Pirelli Notes High Marks in JD Power Satisfaction Survey
Pirelli in the US reports it is one of only two tyre brands to have scored above the industry average in this year's Tire Satisfaction Index in the 2008 J.D. Power & Associates Original Equipment Tire Customer Satisfaction Study.
- 2008-10-15 Alzen Claims Nordschliefe Record in Hankook-Shod Porsche
The official lap record on the legendary 20,793 km Nordschliefe is now four seconds lighter following the exploits of German racer Jürgen Alzen and his Hankook tyres-shod Alzen-Porsche Turbo at 2008’s Circuit-Racing Challenge Nürburgring.
- 2008-10-14 Bridgestone Consolidating Japanese Market
Bridgestone Corp. plans to reduce the number of sales territories it has in Japan, in reaction to a sharp decline in homeland vehicle sales.
- 2008-10-15 Hybrid Truck Tire From Cooper
Cooper Tire & Rubber Co. has launched what it calls "the newest hybrid sport truck tire" – the Cooper Zeon LTZ.
- 2008-10-15 Toyo aims at crossovers, SUVs with new offering
Toyo Tire U.S.A. Corp.’s recent launch of its Proxes ST II tire in Los Angeles replaces a tire with a long history.
- 2008-10-15 Pirelli Russia Factory Work to Begin March 2009
Construction work on Pirelli’s tyre factory in Togliatti may begin in March 2009.
- 2008-10-16 Keep up the pressure to extend tyre life
Story Title Goes Here Drivers are drastically cutting short the life of their car tyres, endangering the lives of themselves and other motorists and adding unnecessary expense to their annual motoring costs by failing to keep their car tyres correctly inflated.
- 2008-10-16 Barum Quartaris: Cost-efficient and safe all year round
The Barum range now includes a new tyre for compact and medium-class cars, the Quartaris.
- 2008-10-16 Bridgestone presents Safety Award at Paris Motor Show
For the third consecutive year, Bridgestone has sponsored the “Best Safety Innovation” prize in the international competition for automotive design students organised by Interior Motives magazine.
- 2008-10-17 RMA Announces New National Tire Safety Week Date
The Rubber Manufacturers Association today announced the eighth Annual National Tire Safety Week will be held June 7-13, 2009.
- 2008-10-16 2008 Paris Auto Show: Michelin's Active Wheel
At the Paris show they displayed their latest version of their Active Wheel technology. This is not exactly new, as Michelin has been experimenting with this idea for several years.
- 2008-10-16 Goodyear Approaches Children’s Hospital Target
Tyre-less fundraisers see efforts rewarded, as play area is completed. Following the reassertion of its pledge to raise funds for Birmingham Children’s Hospital, Goodyear now has the finishing line in sight as company employees’ hard work comes to fruition.
- 2008-10-16 Hankook Wins Green Product Award
Hankook Tire-Enfren, the fuel-efficient, environment friendly tire received the Green Management Excellence Awards in the green product section.
- 2008-10-17 Team Michelin Drivers Beat Published MPG by 30%
The two teams of drivers Michelin entered into this year’s MPG Marathon scored notable success in the annual fuel economy run, both taking top ten places at their first attempt.
- 2008-10-17 Continental Shares Gain 2.2%
The move was seen to ease worries that Schaeffler's takeover deal could run into financing difficulties.
- 2008-10-17 Goodyear to idle 3 tire plants again
Goodyear has set a week-long shutdown of production at three tire plants this month as a reaction to poor economic conditions and low market demand.
- 2008-10-17 Pirelli to Increase its Manufacturing Capacity in United States by 20%
Pirelli, continuing its expansion in the United States, announces a $15 million investment that will boost manufacturing capacity by 20% at its MIRS™ (Modular Integrated Robotized System) factory in Rome, Georgia.
- 2008-10-18 Best winter tyres from leading manufacturers (premium-class)
With our customers on mind the internet-store ityre.com is offering a set of overviews of the most popular high-performance tyres for luxury vehicles.
- 2008-10-18 Bridgestone Americas drops Firestone name
The iconic, Akron-based Firestone name will disappear in January in many places, but the tire brand will live on as part of a major corporate restructuring for Bridgestone Group's North and South American subsidiaries.
- 2008-10-18 Michelin Sees No Relief Until Late 2009
Groupe Michelin officials said today that they don’t expect to realize “the full benefit” of a current downturn in raw materials prices until next year.
- 2008-10-20 Kumho’s Euro Motorsport HQ Continues to Strengthen
Kumho’s ever-expanding European Motorsport Division has been based on the Stanmore Industrial Estate in Bridgnorth, Shropshire for ten years. Having long since moved from its first building on the site, it has now taken possession of still bigger premises that will allow ongoing growth for some years to come.
- 2008-10-20 Bridgestone Inaugurates Carbon Black Plant in Mexico
On October 17, Mexico Carbon Manufacturing SA DE CV (“MXCB”), a wholly-owned member of the Bridgestone Group officially opened a plant producing carbon black in Mexico.
- 2008-10-20 Pirelli on the podium in Zolder at the most spectacular race of the year
Pirelli returns home from Zolder with an excellent second place in GT2, thanks to the BMS-Scuderia Italia Ferrari 430 GTC of Malucelli-Ruberti, but a couple of regrets as well.
- 2008-10-20 The Dutch Amtel-Vredestein facility to be given away as debt refund
ING bank, which was the moneylender to Amtel-Vredestein N.V., when it was buying the assets of Vredestein Banden B. V. (around $300 million), is now demanding the loan back because of the overdue payments, as of one of the Russian tyre manufacturer’s manager said.
- 2008-10-20 Michelin Wants to Increase Tire Production in Romania
Michelin Romania intends to increase its production capacity in Romania to become a strategic market in supplying tires in South-Eastern Europe, said the general manager Didier Miraton.
- 2008-10-21 Bridgestone Appointed MotoGP Tyre Supplier
The sole remaining major contender for the MotoGP tyre supply contract following Michelin’s decision not to bid has been officially named.
- 2008-10-21 Michelin signs 10-year pact for aircraft tires
Michelin has inked a 10-year agreement with Emirates Airline to supply the carrier with radial tires for its Airbus A380 commercial aircraft fleet.
- 2008-10-22 Dunlop Introduces First 2nd Generation Municipal Tyre
New from the Dunlop stable is a the SP372 City, a steer and all position tyre for municipal vehicles such as city buses, garbage trucks and other vehicles operating in tough urban environments.
- 2008-10-22 Dunlop Gets New Mercedes Roadster OE-Contract
Mercedes-Benz SL 65 AMG Black Series proclaimed most powerful AMG roadster ever
- 2008-10-21 Cooper to optimize manufacturing capacities in the US
Cooper Tire & Rubber Company today announced it will conduct a capacity study of its United States manufacturing facilities over the next ninety days.
- 2008-10-22 Monityre Trains to Gain with Volvo
With fuel economy now an integral part of commercial vehicle driver training, Volvo Trucks’ official UK truck importer recently fitted the latest Monityre tyre pressure monitoring system (TPMS) from Safe Europe plc to one of its driver training vehicles.
- 2008-10-21 Apollo Tyres Aiming for the ‘Top Six’
Apollo Tyres has its eyes on becoming a global top six player within the next five years. Furthermore, by this time it intends to achieve an annual turnover of US$4 to $5 billion.
- 2008-10-22 Kumho Supplies OE Tyres to Kögel
Leading European trailer-maker, Kögel, has selected Kumho Tyres as its original equipment supplier.
- 2008-10-22 Toyota Venza AS V Gets Yokohama Tires
One of at least two specially prepared Toyota Venzas planned for the upcoming 2008 SEMA Show, the Venza AS V has been crafted by Five Axis to demonstrate the vehicle's versatility, especially in active sports.
- 2008-10-23 Conti Should Remain European, Says Michelin’s Miraton
Continental AG should remain European, says Michelin. The Dow Jones news service reports that the French manufacturer’s co-managing partner Didier Miraton expressed this opinion to journalists at the sidelines of a Michelin press presentation on October 17.
- 2008-10-22 Bridgestone Raises 2012 Ambitions
Bridgestone Corp. has lifted its revenue and profit targets for 2012, stating simultaneously that it hopes to continue the upward trend the year after, too.
- 2008-10-23 Amerityre to Produce Polyurethane ‘Super Grip’ Tyre Range
Commercial grade industrial and mining tyre supplier Supergrip announced on October 21 it has selected Amerityre Corporation to manufacture and supply a new range of long wearing flat-proof polyurethane tyres.
- 2008-10-23 "SKAD" presents three novelties
Foundry-Mechanical Plant "SKAD" LLC, on of the most sophisticated alloy wheels producers in Russia, presents three novelties – “Nika”, “Omega” and “Fantom”.
- 2008-10-24 MAK XLR – Matt is the New Gloss
If white is now the new black, then Revolution Motorstore says matt is most definitely the new gloss.
- 2008-10-24 Goodyear Promotes Safety in New Ad Campaign
Goodyear is highlighting the safety aspects of its products through a new integrated advertising campaign.
- 2008-10-24 Sibur will take care of Amtel-Vredestein’s debts
OJSC SIBUR-Russian Tyres ("SRT") has decided to apply for the Moscow arbitration against the tyre holding Amtel-Vredestein, which consists of Amtel-Chernozemye Tyre Complex (Voronezh, Russia), Amtel-Povolzhye Tyre Complex (Kirov, Russia) and Vredestein Banden (the Netherlands), to get its $20-million loan back.
- 2008-10-25 TIA Offers Complete TPMS Chart
The Tire Industry Association has created the TIA TPMS Relearn Chart, developed to help technicians and tire service techs with resetting TPMS systems.
- 2008-10-24 SmarTire Plans to Sell Out to Bendix Unit
October 22, SmarTire Systems Inc. announced that it has signed a term sheet to sell its business and the related assets for an undisclosed amount to Bendix Commercial Vehicle Systems LLC, North American affiliate of the Munich, Germany-based Knorr-Bremse AG.
- 2008-10-24 OZ Alleggerita HLT: A new lightness record, assured in grams
Alleggerita HLT from OZ was born on the track together with the F1 wheels. It’s set a new record, which has to be beaten, just 6.25 kg for the 17" version, thanks to the Flow Forming technology and to the exclusive treatments used by OZ during the production processes.
- 2008-10-25 Goodyear, Bridgestone apply for grants
Goodyear and Bridgestone/Firestone could receive up to $30 million each over 10 years to maintain employment and upgrade equipment at their factories in North Carolina.
- 2008-10-25 Conti Renews Business Relationship with VW and Audi Canada
Continental Tire Canada has renewed its business relationship with Volkswagen Canada and Audi Canada.
- 2008-10-25 Yokohama Opens China Plant
The Yokohama Rubber Co. recently held an opening ceremony to commemorate the completion of a plant for manufacturing truck/bus steel radial tires of Suzhou Yokohama Tire Co., Ltd.
- 2008-10-27 Schaeffler May Sell a Quarter of Conti
The German Schaeffler Group, which currently owns 90 per cent of Continental AG, may sell up to a quarter of the tyre and automotive supplier to investors in order to lift the financial burden of its so-called stealth takeover.
- 2008-10-27 Sibur-Volzhskiy will launch polyether cord production in 2009
OJSC SIBUR-Russian Tyres ("SRT") is bringing its investment project into reality – its creating a manufacturing facility to produce polyether cord fibres and industrial thread with annual capacity of 12 thousand tones on the base of its OJSC Sibur-Volzhskiy.
- 2008-10-27 Yokohama Rubber to Exhibit at the Sao Paulo Motor Show Largest Motor Show in Latin America
The Yokohama Rubber Co., Ltd., will participate in the 25th International Automobile Trade Show, which runs from October 27 through November 9 in Sao Paulo, Brazil.
- 2008-10-28 Fleet Specialities Launches Susi TPMS
Fleet Specialties Co. has launched three new Tire Sentry tyre pressure monitoring systems (TPMS) for trucks that use super-single tyres.
- 2008-10-27 Future Initiatives of the Business Alliance between Bridgestone and Toyo
Bridgestone Corporation and Toyo Tire & Rubber Co., Ltd., upon conclusion of a basic agreement regarding a business and capital alliance on May 16, 2008, organized joint project teams for respective sectors and held discussions in the areas outlined below aiming to create increased efficiencies and generate synergistic effects through the alliance.
- 2008-10-28 Goodyear Awards Atlanta-Area High School Senior $30,000 Scholarship
The Goodyear Tire & Rubber Company (NYSE: GT), the exclusive tire supplier of NASCAR's three largest series, today announced the names of the six students who have won scholarships as part of the Goodyear Racing and Diversity Program.
- 2008-10-28 Get Out of the Groove
[[Bridgestone]] waves goodbye to F1 grooved tyres at Brazilian Grand Prix
- 2008-10-28 Michelin Slowing Plant for 8 Weeks
Officials say Michelin North America will lay off several hundred employees at its Tuscaloosa, Ga., plant effective Nov. 1.
- 2008-10-28 "Belshina" produces super large radials for heavy-duty dump-trucks
JSC "Belshina" has started serial production of super large radials with jointless steel cord. The radials 33,00 R51 are designed for heavy-duty dump-trucks with carrying capacity of 130-140 tonnes.
- 2008-10-28 Bridgestone Bandag Wins "Good Stuff" Award
The American Trucking Associations have awarded the second annual Mike Russell "Good stuff" Trucking Image Award to Bridgestone Bandag Tire Solutions (BBTS).
- 2008-10-29 European Winter Tire Tests Confirm Goodyear, Dunlop Dominance
Outstanding performance in nine important European winter tire tests should solidly position Goodyear and Dunlop brand products as the top choices for consumers when the snow starts to fall in Europe.
- 2008-10-28 Motorists advised to check their tread to improve road safety
With one of the wettest summers on record, TyreSafe, the UK's leading tyre safety organisation, is reminding drivers to check their tyre tread depth to stay safe on the roads this winter.
- 2008-10-29 Motorists advised to check their tread to improve road safety
Story Title Goes Here With one of the wettest summers on record, TyreSafe, the UK's leading tyre safety organisation, is reminding drivers to check their tyre tread depth to stay safe on the roads this winter.
- 2008-10-29 KKR, Bain and Allianz to Bid for Conti’s Tyre Unit
A group of three private equity firms are reportedly planning takeover offers for Continental AG’s tyre and rubber units.
- 2008-10-29 Cooper Has New Distribution Center
Cooper Tire & Rubber Co. has leased a 362,000-square-foot warehouse area in Allentown, Pa.
- 2008-10-29 Amtel-Vredestein N.V. Considering Sale of Assets or Entire Group
Amtel-Vredestein N.V. reports that, since the Oct. 1 termination of the proposed joint venture with Sibur Holding, operations at its Russian production facilities in Kiron and Voronezh have remained suspended due to the group’s shortage of working capital.
- 2008-10-29 Kremenchug wheel plant is cutting working week short
JSC "Kremenchug Wheel Plant" (Poltava region, Urkaine) is cutting weekly working hours from five to three days – informs the trade union of the plant.
- 2008-10-29 Michelin to spend $250 million in Italy
Michelin said it will spend more than $250 million during the next five years to upgrade its tire plants in Italy.
- 2008-10-30 Vogue to display size 245/40R20 white/gold stripe tire at SEMA Show
Vogue Tyre & Rubber Co. reports its size 245/40R20 white/gold stripe design tire will be available starting in mid-November.
- 2008-10-30 The revised Rally Japan: a new challenge for Pirelli's soft compound tyres
Rally Japan - the penultimate round of the 2008 World Rally Championship - gets underway on Friday from Sapporo.
- 2008-10-30 Bandag Adds New Sizes to R250 ED Range
Bridgestone Bandag Tire Solutions (BBTS) is adding two sizes to its line-up of Bridgestone R250 ED all-position radial tyres. Regional and pickup-and-delivery fleets now have more options with the new 255/70R22.5 and 275/70R22.5 tyre sizes.
- 2008-10-30 Goodyear Cutting Saturday Production in German CV Tyre Factory
Measure taken to reduce existing stock levels
- 2008-10-30 Bridgestone Recalling Passenger Tires
NHTSA has announced a voluntary recall by Bridgestone Americas of some 150,000 radial passenger tires.
- 2008-10-31 Improved with Age? Goodyear Wants You….
Recent research suggests that the number of drivers 80 years of age is set to double in the next decade. Therefore one tyre manufacturer is seeking mature motorists to prove that performance really can improve with age.
- 2008-10-31 Kumho Releases Lowest Profile Tyre
Kumho has announced its development of the lowest aspect ratio tyre available, the 15 series Ecsta SPT 385/15ZR22.
- 2008-11-01 New General Grabber UHP Size
Sole UK distributor of General Tire, Micheldever Southam Tyres, has added 255/60 to its list of 18-inch Grabber UHP fitments.
- 2008-11-01 Nokian Production Cuts Mean Layoffs on the Cards
In Finland, Nokian Tyres is blaming the global financial crisis for the need to adjust production and improve productivity at its factory in the city of Nokia.
- 2008-11-01 Union Reports Layoffs Coming at US Goodyear-Dunlop Factory
The Goodyear-Dunlop tyre manufacturing plant in Tonawanda, New York is soon to experience its first round of layoffs in nearly 30 years, say union officials.
- 2008-11-02 Goodyear Signs Agreement with Tredit for Trailer Tires
The Goodyear Tire & Rubber Company and Tredit Tire & Wheel Company, Inc. have signed a two- year contract for the supply of Goodyear trailer tires to original equipment trailer manufacturers.
- 2008-11-03 Apollo Tyres to tap EU market with Greenfield unit in Europe
Tyre maker Apollo Tyres will kick-start its plan to begin its operations in Europe by opening its first sales, marketing and technical office here in Germany in January, besides giving final touches to its seven-million-tyre greenfield unit project in East Europe.
- 2008-11-03 Michelin will drop BFG ag in North America
Michelin North America Inc. will no longer offer the BFGoodrich Power Radial 80 in North America, effective Dec. 31, in order to concentrate on its Michelin brand ag tire line.
- 2008-11-04 The US Made Tyre – An Endangered Species?
A shaky domestic economy and producers in emerging markets are squeezing US tyre makers at both ends
- 2008-11-04 Many New Sizes Set for Pirelli at SEMA
Pirelli Tire North America plans to announce a number of product expansionst this week’s SEMA Show in Las Vegas.
- 2008-11-03 Yokohama Hiking Prices
Yokohama Tire Corp. is increasing prices on all of its passenger and light truck/SUV tires as of Dec. 1.
- 2008-11-04 Goodyear Sees Q3 Profits Fall
Goodyear has released its Q3 financial report, showing a drop in quarterly profit.
- 2008-11-05 Yokohama Releases Latest Advan Product
Yokohama is adding a new tyre to its global flagship Advan range.
- 2008-11-04 Nitto Launches New Summer Tire
- 2008-11-05 Yokohama Releases Latest Advan Product
Yokohama is adding a new tyre to its global flagship Advan range.
- 2008-11-05 SEMA Show, Day One: Cooper introduces GFE touring tire
Cooper Tire & Rubber Co. launched its newest touring tire, the Cooper GFE, earlier today during the Specialty Equipment Market Association Show in Las Vegas, Nev.
- 2008-11-05 SEMA Show, Day One: Hankook rolls out new UHP Ventus
Hankook Tire America Corp. introduced its Ventus R-S3 Z222 premium ultra-high performance tire earlier today at the Specialty Equipment Market Association Show in Las Vegas, Nev.
- 2008-11-05 Cooper Tire and ROUSH Performance: new Cooper Zeon RS3
COOPER TIRE & RUBBER COMPANY, the official tire of ROUSH Performance, introduces the Cooper Zeon RS3, a new generation non-directional and asymmetric extreme max performance tire fitted for the ROUSH Stage 3 and P51B Mustangs, and for the Ford Mustang enthusiast with an uncompromising need for maximum dry grip traction.
- 2008-11-07 Mobile Awareness Releases TireStat CV TPMS
- 2008-11-06 SEMA Show, Day Two: Nexen unveils several new tires
Nexen Tire America Inc. is displaying several new tires at this year's Specialty Equipment Market Association Show in Las Vegas, Nev., including the CP672, which will be original equipment (OE) on some new Kia cars in 2009.
- 2008-11-06 SEMA Show, Day Two: New General Grabber hits the streets
Continental Tire North America Inc. has taken its General Grabber Competition tire and turned it into an off- and on-road, street legal tire for the light truck tire market.
- 2008-11-06 Cooper Tire, Resilient Technologies Join Forces on Military Tire
Non-pneumatic, or airless, tire designed to help protect lives of American troops.
- 2008-11-07 Cooper Tire, PENRA Partners Lead Research Effort for Domestic Source of Natural Rubber
Cooper undertaking qualifying testing on Russian Dandelion as potential rubber source for the tire industry
- 2008-11-08 Audi R8 to Drive on Dunlop tyres
SP Sport Maxx GT and SP Winter Sport 3D selected as OE
- 2008-11-07 Pirelli – Russian Technologies JV Agreement Signed in Moscow
Company chiefs sign document during Italy-Russia summit
- 2008-11-08 SEMA Show, Day Three: Goodyear adds to Dunlop Signature line
Goodyear Tire & Rubber Co. has introduced a new addition to its Dunlop Signature line, the Dunlop Signature CS, a premium touring tire for crossover vehicles.
- 2008-11-08 SEMA Show, Day Three: Dunlop Rover M/T Maxx Traction debuts
Goodyear Tire & Rubber Co. is using this week's Specialty Equipment Market Association Show as a forum to display its new Dunlop Rover M/T Maxx Traction on/off-road tire for light truck and SUV applications.
- 2008-11-10 SEMA Show, Day Four: CTNA rolls out ExtremeContact DW, others
Continental Tire North America Inc. (CTNA) has introduced three performance tires at this week's Specialty Equipment Market Association Show, including its new ExtremeContact DW ultra-high performance tire.
- 2008-11-10 Production Starts at Kumho China Factory
According to South Korea’s Yonhap news service, the production of truck and bus tyres began today at Kumho Tire’s new facility in China. The US$100 million plant in Nanjing has a capacity to produce 300,000 bus and truck tyres per annum, the company said in a statement.
- 2008-11-10 SEMA Show, Day Four: Yokohama tire wins new product award
Yokohama Tire Corp.'s dB Super E-spec passenger tire, which uses citrus oil instead of petroleum, has earned one of Popular Mechanics Editor’s Choice Awards at the Specialty Equipment Market Association (SEMA) Show in Las Vegas.
- 2008-11-10 Goodyear Reminds Drivers: As Temperature Drops, So Does Tire Inflation
Gone is the heat of summer, replaced by cool nights and mornings. Soon, many areas of the country will be faced with consistently chilly, even sub-freezing temperatures.
- 2008-11-11 Dunlop Fit Tyres to New Subaru
- 2008-11-12 European Monityre Distributors Sought
Following the recent launch of its Monityre tyre pressure monitoring system in the UK, manufacturer Safe Europe plc is now looking to develop a network of the distributors and agents across Europe.
- 2008-11-11 Cooper plants earn ISO 9001:2000 certification
Four Cooper Tire & Rubber Co. plants have earned ISO 9001:2000 quality management system certification. The factories are in Albany, Ga.; Findlay, Ohio; Tupelo, Miss.; and Texarkana, Ark.
- 2008-11-12 Pirelli Supports US Amateur Motocross Event
Open event at Phoenix’s Arizona Cycle Park receives Italian premium brand assistance on manufacturer’s Scorpion MX tyres
- 2008-11-12 2009 Set to be Turbulent Year for Tyre Market
Plimsoll: Up to 1000 jobs on watch list
- 2008-11-12 Establishment of a Tire Sales Subsidiary in Russia
Osaka, Japan - November 11, 2008-TOYO TIRE & RUBBER CO., LTD. (President: Kenji Nakakura) hereby announces that it jointly established TOYO TIRE RUS LLC (Moscow, Russia, President: Masato Kanetsuki), its Russian tire sales subsidiary with Mitsubishi Corporation on October 23 local time.
- 2008-11-14 Michelin to Market MEMS Tyre Monitoring System Worldwide
Michelin has announced that its Michelin Earthmover Management System (MEMS) is now available around the world.
- 2008-11-13 A-V 'Negotiating' With Suppliers
Weak cashflow means Amtel-Vredestein discussing rubber-for-tyres deal with Sibur
- 2008-11-13 Pirelli a protagonist of the Ferrari World Finals at Mugello
Once more Pirelli was present and on top form at the Ferrari World Finals in Mugello last weekend: a true celebration of motorsport. From the final of the Ferrari Challenge Trofeo Pirelli to the presentation of the new 510-horsepower Scuderia Spider 16M, equipped exclusively with PZero Corsa tyres, Pirelli had the chance to show the best of itself through its historic partnership with Ferrari.
- 2008-11-14 Marangoni Adds to Winter Tyre Range
Winter tyres, says Marangoni, have come a long way from the days when they were merely "snow tyres" with very deep treads to help rid the grooves of snow and ice.
- 2008-11-13 Continental medium truck tire aces test
Continental Tire North America Inc.'s (CTNA) Continental HDL Eco Plus premium drive tire achieved "exceptional fuel economy" during a recent test in Quebec.
- 2008-11-14 Alcoa’s Dura-Bright Wheels: Just Add Water
Alcoa is promoting the stay-clean qualities of its Dura-Bright wheels. Penetrating the wheel itself, the unique Dura-Bright technology is designed not to crack, peel or corrode. Dura-Bright has also been used in Alcoa’s commercial vehicle range of wheels for some time.
- 2008-11-15 Marangoni Supplies Tyres for First Tuned Alfa Mito
Marrangoni Tyre is supply red rubber for the first tuned Alfa Mito, on display at the forthcoming Essen Motor Show (27 November to 7 December 2008).
- 2008-11-14 PIRELLI TO BE OFFICIAL SUPPLIER OF THE SWEDISH RALLY CHAMPIONSHIP
The Italian rubber manufacturer has signed a three-year deal with the Swedish sporting authorities to become the exclusive tyre supplier to the Swedish Rally Championship.
- 2008-11-15 Marangoni Supplies New Hill Climb Tyres
New rubber tuned for 3000 cc engines
- 2008-11-17 Deal Puts Baja 1000 Live on Internet
Michelin North America’s BFGoodrich brand and Volkswagen of America have partnered to create a new "online experience" supporting the upcoming SCORE Baja 1000.
- 2008-11-17 Logistics Firm to Handle Pirelli OE DC
CEVA Logistics has opened a distribution center in Westland, Mich., to support Pirelli Tire North America OEMs.
- 2008-11-16 Toyo adds 18 sizes to Proxes, Open Country lines
Toyo Tire U.S.A. Corp. has introduced 18 new sizes, including sizes for its Toyo Proxes 4 ultra-high performance tire, plus other products.
- 2008-11-17 Bridgestone to Supply ECOPIA Brand Tires as Standard Equipment for Toyota iQ
Bridgestone expands scope of flagship brand of eco-friendly tires
- 2008-11-17 Michelin Develops its own Lunar Tire
Groupe Michelin has developed a new lunar wheel for the next generation of NASA lunar rover vehicles.
- 2008-11-18 Russian Tyre Makers Expect to Benefit from World Crisis
The world crisis has reached Russian tyre market. Following several years’ increase, 2008 sees the risk of passenger tyres’ sales drop.
- 2008-11-18 Apollo Plans Rs 30 Billion Investment in Five Years
Indian manufacturer looking to expand existing plants and build new greenfield facilities
- 2008-11-18 Kumho Tires Opens New Tire Plant in Nanjing
Gains important manufacturing foothold in fast-growing truck and bus tire market
- 2008-11-18 Dunlop India Halts Sahaganj Production
Worldwide slump hits West Bengal factory with workers told not to come in
- 2008-11-19 Dunlop the Tyre of Choice for Lancer Evo X
Mitsubishi Motors equips SP Sport 600 tyres for top model
- 2008-11-19 Bridgestone Europe issues 2008 "Environmental Commitment and Performance" brochure
Bridgestone Europe NV/SA has published an updated environmental report setting out the company’s commitment to high environmental standards and the latest steps it is taking to achieve them.
- 2008-11-19 Michelin to Reduce Production at Olsztyn, Poland Factory
According to AFP, Michelin has announced production cuts at its Polish facility due to falling demand. "It's a question of adapting to current market conditions, with a drop in market demand," Michelin spokeswoman Sorina Neculescu told the news agency.
- 2008-11-20 Michelin Primacy HP to Benefit Vauxhall ecoFLEX
Michelin reports it has developed a tyre – the energy-efficient Primacy HP – specifically for Vauxhall’s new Insignia ecoFLEX. The tyre is said to reduce fuel consumption by as much as 0.2 litres per 100 kilometres, thereby lowering CO2 emissions by more than four grams per kilometre.
- 2008-11-20 Temporary Layoff Agreed For Nokian Employees
The statutory negotiations concerning the lay-offs of the Nokian Tyres employees at the Nokia factory in Finland ended on the 19th November, 2008.
- 2008-11-20 Goodyear GPS Models: Picture
Goodyear has released images of the NCC-produced, Goodyear-branded GPS units displayed at the SEMA show (as reported in late October on Tyrepress.com; ‘NCC Directs Goodyear to SEMA Show’).
- 2008-11-21 TyreSafe: Cold Weather Tyres Offer Safer Alternative
With Winter upon us TyreSafe is advising motorists to consider fitting cold weather tyres in order to improve road safety.
- 2008-11-21 Bridgestone Completes First F1 Slicks Test
Dry conditions allow the Japanese supplier chance to trial new 2009 specification rubber
- 2008-11-21 Goodyear Assurance Tire Named "Product of the Year" in China
After undergoing extensive testing, Goodyear Assurance tire has received the 2008 "Annual Product of the Year Award" from Auto Magazine, one of China’s most respected automotive publications.
- 2008-11-22 Goodyear Shares Hit Lowest Point in Five Years
Shares in Goodyear Tire & Rubber sank to their lowest point since 2003 on November 20.
- 2008-11-22 Potenzas Make New Nissan 370Z
Bridgestone-brand Potenza RE050A tires are OE on the 2009 Nissan 370Z sports coupe.
- 2008-11-22 Pirelli Calendar 2009
The 2009 edition of the Pirelli Calendar, cult object for more than forty years among connoisseurs of photography, beauty and cultural evolution, was unveiled today in a world premiere held at The Station in Berlin, the historic train depot that connected the capital with Dresden, Vienna and Prague in the late 19th century.
- 2008-11-22 Memorandum of Understanding with Chemical Industry Enterprises
"[[Rosava]]"’s Board of Directors’s head and General Director Mr. R. Rybachuck participated in signing the Memorandum of Understanding between the Cabinet of Ministers of Ukraine and chemical enterprises on November, 17, 2008.
In accordance with the paper, both parties undertake a number of responsibilities.
- 2008-11-24 Toyo Tire Holdings of Americas Inc. Announces Customer Satisfaction Campaign
Limited Number of TOYO TIRES and Nitto Brand Tires to be Replaced Free of Charge
- 2008-11-24 Vintage Tyres Resurrect Avon CR39 Turbospeed
Owners of Jaguar XJ40s and XJ6s from the late 80s and early 90s have had an impossible task locating their discontinued replacement tyres.
- 2008-11-24 General Tire’s Marc Burnett Wins at Baja 1000
General Tire made history today when Marc Burnett drove his Boost Mobile/Monster Energy/General Tire Ford Ranger to a Class 6-Mini Trophy Truck win in the 41st Tecate SCORE Baja 1000.
Burnett, a seasoned traditional 2-wheel guy, drove the entire race as the solo driver of the truck.
- 2008-11-25 Essen Motor Show: The Dotz Highlights
The year’s most important tuning show in Europe will take place in Essen as of November 29. Dotz will again present various specialties to the visitors.
- 2008-11-25 Bridgestone helps school build playground with recycled truck tyres
Bridgestone UK has helped a school in Cheshire near Manchester find an environmental solution for its new playground and basketball field – recycled truck tyres.
- 2008-11-25 The Pirelli-equipped Saleen finishes the 2008 FIA GT season with a win
Kumpen-Longin and their Pirelli-equipped Saleen S7-R carried all before them at the final round of this year's FIA-GT Championship in Argentina.
- 2008-11-26 Pirelli Offers Welsh Drivers Tyre Pressure Checks
Free testing to coincide with the WRC’s arrival in Wales for its final round
- 2008-11-26 TyreSafe: Past, Present and Future
Tyre safety body TyreSafe has come a long way since its birth as the Tyre Industry Council in 1992. Chairman, Rob Beddis, explains the evolution of the organisation, what it stands for, its achievements to date and its plans for the future.
- 2008-11-26 Michelin Temporarily Closing Romanian Factories
Michelin has notified Romanian media that it will temporarily close its factories in that country until further notice in response to a greatly reduced demand for tyres.
- 2008-11-26 Rosava buys new machinery to produce medium-class tyres
CJSC "Rosava" has acquired new machinery from the Slovak "VIPO" company to produce medium-class tyres
- 2008-11-26 Tyresure Encourages Winter Tyre Pressure Check
Tyresure is encouraging drivers to check their tyre pressures as the temperatures plummet.
- 2008-11-27 Expansion of Toyo plant remains 'on schedule'
Further construction at Toyo Tire North America Manufacturing Inc.'s White, Ga., plant remains on schedule.
- 2008-11-27 All Ukrainian auto making plants to shut down in December
The Ukrainian news agency "RBK-Ukraine" informs - in the nearest weeks almost all Ukrainian auto making plants will shut down.
- 2008-11-26 Continental "Welcomes" EU Tyre Label Standardisation
German manufacturer highlights the need for consistency across 27 EU states, customer friendliness
- 2008-11-27 AF Blakemore Chooses Pirelli Truck Tyres
AF Blakemore and Son Ltd has decided to switch tyre suppliers to Pirelli Truck Tyres.
- 2008-11-28 Counterfeit Dunlop Tyres Discovered in Philippines Raid
The Philippine government’s Presidential Anti-Smuggling Group (PASG) has raided a warehouse on the northern island of Luzon, seizing some 10 million peso (£133,500) of counterfeit tyres and motorcycle spare parts.
- 2008-11-28 KeyBanc maintains its 'Hold' rating on Goodyear stock
KeyBanc Capital Markets is maintaining its "Hold" rating on Goodyear Tire & Rubber Co. stock despite a challenging business environment.
- 2008-11-28 Vote for Nitto Tire-Sponsored GLK Project Car
Nitto Tire U.S.A., partnered with renowned Mercedes performance specialist, RENNtech, to help create a specially tuned rally race Mercedes GLK as part of Mercedes-Benz’s GLK-SEMA Tuner Challenge.
- 2008-11-29 BF Goodrich wins 41st annual SCORE Baja 1000
BF Goodrich Tires, the official tire of the SCORE Desert Racing Series, conquered Mexico's Baja peninsula by earning its 22nd overall four-wheel victory at the 41st annual SCORE Baja 1000.
- 2008-12-02 Motorists advised to check their tread to improve road safety
With one of the wettest summers on record, TyreSafe, the UK's leading tyre safety organisation, is reminding drivers to check their tyre tread depth to stay safe on the roads this winter.
- 2008-12-01 Pirelli: Tire demand is down globally
Pirelli & Cie SpA is on record as predicting tire demand will be down in 2008. Its nine-month financial results seem to back that up.
- 2008-12-01 Dempsey/Herder Win Class 1 of Baja 1000 on Toyo Open Country M/T
Chuck Dempsey (driver of record) and John Herder drove their Speed Technologies/Toyo Tires/HMS open wheel "Avenger" racer to a win in Class 1 and 7th overall in last weekend's 41st Tecate SCORE Baja 1000 race in Baja California, Mexico.
- 2008-12-02 Conti Considering Production Cutbacks
Production output at Continental AG will reportedly be reduced at the end of this year following cuts in production at most German vehicle manufacturers.
- 2008-12-01 German Goodyear Dunlop Factories Halt Christmas Production
Six plants will not produce for two weeks over the Christmas period
- 2008-12-01 South Koreans Drop Output
Reuters reports that South Korean tyre manufacturers began to cut output during November.
- 2008-12-02 Goodyear Dunlop Raises Prices 5%
1 December 2008 Goodyear Dunlop UK is increasing the cost of its two premium tyre brands by 5.1 per cent for Goodyear and 5.7 per cent for Dunlop.
- 2008-12-03 More than 60% of UK Drivers Soft on Tyre Pressure, Says Michelin
Michelin has taken its "Fill up with Air" roadshow throughout the UK and Ireland, checking and adjusting drivers’ tyre pressures in a campaign intended to highlight the potential safety benefits, fuel savings and reduced emissions that are directly related to having the car’s tyre pressures correctly set.
- 2008-12-02 Continental Cuts Back Production at German Tyre Making Factories
Production is being cut back at Continental’s three German tyre production plants.
- 2008-12-02 2008 TIRE SHIPMENTS DROP MORE THAN SIX PERCENT
Further softening anticipated in 2009
- 2008-12-03 "Dneproshina" dismisses its Director General
" Dneproshina " JSC, the second largest tyre manufacturer in Ukraine dismissed its Director General Josef Ruchek, - the company statement informs as of December, 1.
- 2008-12-03 Hankook Tire Wins Prestigious International Design Awards for Environmentally Friendly Tires
First time any tire has received an award from the International Forum Design since the awards were introduced in 1953.
- 2008-12-04 Vredestein’s innovative spare tyre in new Audi Q5
Folding Space Master a clear favourite with premium brand car manufacturers
- 2008-12-04 Hankook to Sponsor Scottish Rally Championship
Next year the MSA Scottish Rally Championship will gain the backing of Hankook Tire – and the manufacturer is apparently already considering extending the sponsorship deal further.
- 2008-12-04 Goodyear and NASA Successfully Recreate Original Moon Tire; Work sets baseline for future space missions
The Goodyear Tire & Rubber Company and NASA have taken one small step backward to make one giant leap forward and help prepare for future missions to the moon and to Mars.
- 2008-12-04 Hankook will adjust production
Hankook Tire Co. plans to reduce its production volume this month "in response to the recent reduction in demand for automobiles in a number of markets," say Hankook officials.
- 2008-12-05 Conti to Review Romania Production as OE Orders Decrease
Production output at Continental’s Timisoara factory in Romania will be reduced due to falling orders from OE customers.
- 2008-12-05 End of the road for the unpopular grooved rubber
Fernando Alonso said he is happy that the sport will enter a new tyre era in 2009.
- 2008-12-05 Reifen China 2008 Opens with 25% Visitor Increase
Reifen China 2008 opened its doors in Shanghai yesterday, with over 3000 visitors entering the city’s New International Expo Center for the show.
- 2008-12-05 NHTSA Finalizes New Tire Registration Regulation
Measure Provides Added Flexibility for Dealers, Codifies Electronic Registration
- 2008-12-06 UK New Car Sales Drop More than 35% in November
Sales of new cars in the UK plummeted in November to 100,333 units, a decrease of 36.8 per cent on last year’s figures.
- 2008-12-06 Farm tire manufacturers ramp up production
In response to expected increases in demand next year, several farm tire manufacturers are boosting their production capacities.
- 2008-12-08 FTD at WSCC speed series achieved on Toyo’s Proxes R888’s
Garry Bunn, a competitor in the Westfield Sports Car Club Speed Series, recorded the FTD (fastest time of the day) at a sprint at Thoresby Park in Nottingham in September using the road legal Toyo Proxes R888 (soft compound).
- 2008-12-08 Bridgestone Inaugurates Synthetic Rubber Plant in China
Bridgestone (Huizhou) Synthetic Rubber Co., Ltd. ("BSRC"), a wholly-owned subsidiary of Bridgestone Corporation, today officially opened a plant for the production of synthetic rubber in Huizhou, Guangdong Province, China.
- 2008-12-07 Fire Burns Through Cooper Tire Warehouse
An Arkansas, US warehouse containing 100,000 tyres and used by Cooper Tire has caught fire.
- 2008-12-08 China Exported 140 Million Tyres in 2007 - Report
A newly released report into China’s tyre industry – states that the country, the world’s largest tyre producer since 2004, manufactured a total of 330 million tyres in 2007; of this number, 70 per cent were radials.
- 2008-12-08 Nitto Dura Grappler, a tire designed for diesels and towing.
When it comes to aftermarket wheels and tires, diesel truck owners usually end up having to choose between function and style.
- 2008-12-09 Lockout Declared at Factory Outsourced to Apollo Tyres
Apollo Tyres gave word on December 6 that a plant owned by PTL Enterprises that produces tyres exclusively for Apollo entered a lockout situation as of 2am December 6.
- 2008-12-09 Apollo Cuts Prices
Leading Indian tyre maker, Apollo has announced that it has cut its prices across its product range by around four per cent.
- 2008-12-09 Euro-spec Nissan GT-R gets better grip with Dunlop tires
The 2010 Nissan GT-R will lose the wonderful yet controversial launch control; however, Nissan announced that the extra horsepower and a couple of other add ons should make up for the loss… at least in Europe.
- 2008-12-09 Yokohama Tire’s "ADVAN Sport" is Fitted to the NISSAN 370Z as Original Equipment
The [[Yokohama]] Rubber Co., Ltd., announces that the ADVAN Sport ultra-high-performance tire, in its global flagship brand "ADVAN" line, has been fitted as original equipment on the NISSAN 370Z (Fairlady Z in the Japanese market), to be marketed worldwide by Nissan Motor Co., Ltd.
- 2008-12-09 Information about new summer pattern line MATADOR MP 44 Elite 3
MP 44 Elite 3A novelty for the 2009 summer season – in the segment of summer HIGH PERFORMANCE tyres for middle and upper medium range cars.
- 2008-12-10 Sebastien Loeb wins a dramatic rally Great Britain with PIRELLI
The very first World Rally Championship of the Pirelli era has drawn to a close in Wales today, with the recently-crowned five-time World Rally Champion Sebastien Loeb breaking his own record by claiming his 11th win in one season.
- 2008-12-10 Nokian Begins Job Cut Talks
Nokian Tyres has today begun new statutory negotiations in order to adjust operations and to cut personnel by approximately 450 people at its Nokia factory in Finland, due to the decreased demand for tyres.
- 2008-12-10 Continental tyres scoops six best buy accolades in Which? report
- 2008-12-10 Amtel-Povolzhye resumes production
Kirov OJSC "Amtel-Povolzhye Tyre Complex", which is the subsidiary of the tyre holding Amtel-Vredestein, resumed production on December, 8.
- 2008-12-11 Solomon Alsberg selects Alcoa for expanding Russian Market
Alcoa has begun supplying lightweight forgings to Russian designer and manufacturer of forged aluminium wheels Solomon Alsberg.
- 2008-12-11 Goodyear OptiGrip Wins Innovation Award
The Goodyear Opti Grip – SmartWear Technology has been recognised for its new and original features, having received the Luxembourg Business Federation’s Innovation Award for 2008.
- 2008-12-11 Michelin OE for Honda City in India
Michelin India has announced an agreement to supply its silica based compound tyre Energy XM1 tyre as OE to the new Honda City in the Indian market.
- 2008-12-11 Nokian Using Russian Capacity in Difficult Market Conditions
Nokian’s decision to reduce its Finland-based tyre production output from 6 million to 4.5 million tyres will be coupled with increased Russian capacity, financial analysts have reported.
- 2008-12-12 Toyo Tires Unveils the New Proxes TQ, Their First D.O.T.-Approved Drag Radial
Toyo Tire U.S.A. Corp. introduced today the Proxes TQ, the first D.O.T.-approved drag radial by Toyo Tires. Designed specifically for high-horsepower muscle cars and street machines, the Proxes TQ delivers maximized grip during launch for quicker 60-foot times and lower elapsed times. The tire was unveiled in front of a crowd of racing enthusiasts at the Performance Racing Industry (PRI) Trade Show in Orlando, Florida.
- 2008-12-13 OZ the wheels brand most winning in the world and record wheels
In 2009 OZ will celebrate 25 years in F1 and 20 in WRC with most famed car teams.
- 2008-12-15 ROSAVA hits Ukrainian roads
The first tented truck endorsing Rosava brand is crossing Ukrainian roads.
- 2008-12-15 Nexen Unveils 15 Series Tyre
Nexen Tire has released details of its new 15 series UHP N3000 tyre following the company’s development of Nano technology and 20 series tyres in previous years.
- 2008-12-15 Cooper Recalling Touring Tires
NHTSA announced that Cooper Tire & Rubber Co. is recalling potentially undercured Cooper CS4 Touring tires.
- 2008-12-15 Conti Gets Two M-B Fitments
Continental AG has earned two fitments on 2009 Mercedes-Benz models.
- 2008-12-16 Vredestein Banden B.V. to be Sold
Amtel-Vredestein Russian Business Can't Satisfy Creditors' Demands
- 2008-12-16 Hankook Truck Tyre Gains US Environmental Accreditation
AL07+, Z35 and TL01 have allowed lowered rolling resistance 3 per cent
- 2008-12-16 Toyo Proxes to Use Recycled Polyester Tyre Cord Technology
A new tyre launched onto the Japanese market on December 11 utilises the world’s first recycled polyester tyre cord product.
- 2008-12-16 Rosava gets approved as an official supplier of Military forces of Ukraine
OJSC Rosava has been approved as a supplier of military forces of Ukraine.
- 2008-12-17 Record sales of Rosava medium-sized tyres
WQ winter tyres have grown in popularity – the sales have doubled.
- 2008-12-17 Pirelli Going Green in VW Race Series
Pirelli Tire North America has been named the official tire supplier for the 2009-11 Volkswagen Jetta TDI Cup, the first zero carbon racing series in the world.
- 2008-12-17 Japan 2009 Tyre Output May Fall 5%
Tyre production in Japan is expected to fall 5% next year in terms of rubber usage as the global economic crisis takes its toll on car demand worldwide, Japan's tyremaker industry group said on Wednesday.
- 2008-12-19 Delticom AG: Europe's leading Internet tyre retailer welcomes inclusion in SDAX®
Delticom's shares to be included in Deutsche Börse's SDAX® from Monday
- 2008-12-19 Conti Gets OE Fitment on Traverse
Continental Tire is to supply OE tires for the all-new 2009 Chevrolet Traverse, which will be fitted with P245/70R17 108S General Grabber HTS tires.
- 2008-12-22 Ceat leads industry with another price cut of 3-4 percent in less than a fortnight
Ceat Ltd has announced a fresh round of price cuts to the tune of 3- 4 per cent on its truck tyres. This is the second round of price cuts announced by Ceat within a span of 10 days, the first tyre manufacturer to do so.
- 2008-12-22 Continental AG launches tyre range in India
Continental AG, which has flirted with the Indian tyre industry through technological support to Indian manufacturers and cobranded through a joint venture, have now decided to enter the market by itself.
- 2008-12-22 Nokian Negotiations End With Six-Month Layoff
The statutory negotiations at Nokian Heavy Tyres ended on the 19th of December, 2008 with the decision to lay off the employees for approximately six months.
- 2008-12-22 Brisa Employees Occupy Factory Following Job Cut Announcement
Turkey’s Dogan News Agency has reported on around 1,000 Brisa employees barricading themselves inside the company’s tyre manufacturing facility in Izmit.
- 2008-12-22 Goodyear’s DuraSeal Technology Gets Nod
Goodyear's self-sealing commercial tire technology, designed to help truck fleets save on their operating costs, has earned a "Nifty Fifty Award" for best new products in 2008.
- 2008-12-21 AMTEL-VREDESTEIN N.V. UPDATES ON RECENT DEVELOPMENTS
Amtel Vredestein N.V. ("AVNV") announces that its subsidiary company OJSC AMTEL-VREDESTEIN ("OJSC AV"), the holding company of the group’s Russian business, is no longer able to satisfy its creditors’ demands.
- 2008-12-23 Marangoni Launches New "e-logic" Tyre Range
Marangoni has announced the launch of its new range of premium summer-weather tyres, the e-logic.
- 2008-12-23 Federal Acknowledged by MSA in UK
Federal Tyres has joined the Motor Sports Association (MSA) as a fully endorsed member.
- 2008-12-23 Schaeffler’s Takeover of Continental Gets EU Approval
The EU Commission has granted approval of the takeover of Continental AG by the Schaeffler Group.
- 2008-12-23 Pirelli to sponsor Porsche drivers cup contest
Pirelli North America Inc. (PTNA) has been selected by Competent Motorsport LLC as the official tire supplier and title sponsor for the 2009 and 2010 Drivers Cup USA.
- 2008-12-25 Avon unveils new VP2 tyre
The company will launch its first multi-compound tyre, the VP2, in 2009 to replace its current Viper tyre.
- 2008-12-29 New Wheels from DOTZ
When Dotz has a hand in it, think speed, style, and tuning. The company’s background is rooted in a passion for cars and high quality manufactured rims.
- 2008-12-24 New alloy wheels from MAK/TSW Group
Preparing for the next season of "summer reshoeing" the leading alloy wheels makers are offering more and more new modern and futuristic designs – in a fight to keep their customers. MAK/TSW Group is on the move as well.
- 2008-12-25 Casual, light look in summer and winter with the aluminium wheel Dezent L
A few insights in the right places and some well-proportioned curves: sometimes it's not hard at all to provide a sustainable impression.
- 2008-12-25 Quality management system
CJSC "Rosava" has once again proved its quality management system meets all the requirements of the internationally approved ISO 9001:2000 standard.
- 2008-12-26 Rosbank is demanding money from Amtel
Rosbank is trying to get its money back – the loan given to one of the Russian enterprises belonging to Amtel-Vredestein group.
- 2008-12-29 WinterContact TS 800: Safety & Performance in All Winter Conditions
Almost any driver will start staring at the tyre having looked at it for the first time – its pure aesthetics can’t but attract your glance. But you can be sure - TS 800 is not only an attractive pattern – it’s one of the safest winter tyres in its class.
- 2008-12-29 Tyre maker Vredestein up for sale
The Russian owner of car tyre maker Vredestein is putting the company up for sale, the NRC reports on Monday.
- 2008-12-31 Happy New Year!
iTyre.com need to make congratulation on New Year and Christmas to our clients and partners!
- 2008-12-31 Toyo Tires Prepare for Dakar 2009
Toyo Tires, Robby Gordon and Team Dakar USA will once again take on the Dakar rally. The 2009 event will cross the continent of South America from January 3–18.
- 2008-12-31 Happy New Year!
iTyre.com need to make congratulation on New Year and Christmas to our clients and partners!