News for 2007
- 2007-01-03 Goodyear Completes Sale of Tire Fabric Operations
Goodyear Tire & Rubber Co. announced that it has closed the sale of its tire fabric operations to South Korea-based Hyosung Corp., pending post-closing adjustments and completion of the sale of its Americana, Brazil, operation.
- 2007-01-02 Hercules Chairman and Bell Tire Owner Passes Away
- 2007-01-02 Hankook: Voluntary Tire Recall Notice
Hankook Tire Co., Ltd. (“HTCL”) has decided that a safety related defect exists in certain Aurora brand medium duty truck tires manufactured from March 1 through September 5, 2006.
- 2007-01-02 TireWare Launches Online POS and Inventory Application
TireWare Inc., a supplier of business management software for tire and automotive service centers, has unveiled a subscription-based, online point-of-sale and inventory software application.
- 2007-01-04 Goodyear Set to Offer Employment Buyouts
Bloomberg reported that Goodyear plans to offer buyouts of as much as $40,000 in a move to trim some 400 hourly jobs at four USW-represented plants.
- 2007-01-04 Kumho Announces a Greener Tyre
South Korea’s Kumho Tires has announced a tyremaking first, namely that it has developed products that incorporate a new environmentally friendly material known as Lyocell.
- 2007-01-04 Iran to Benefit from Tyre Loans
The Saudi-based Islamic Development Bank (IDB) is planning to offer loans of approximately £4 million to help the development of Iran’s tyre industry.
- 2007-01-04 Schrader AirAware Now in E-Catalogs
Schrader Bridgeport International’s AirAware TPMS sensors and service pack lines are now included in e-catalogs by Activant and Wrenchead, the company announced.
- 2007-01-04 Michelin Honoured in China
French tyremaker Michelin received several prestigious accolades in the important Chinese market during the closing months of 2006.
- 2007-01-04 Exec Director Quits Balkrishna, Plans to Purchase Alliance
- 2007-01-04 Michelin Scores Highly in Reputability Survey
Forbes magazine has ranked Michelin as the world’s fifth most reputable company.
- 2007-01-05 Goodyear to Discuss New Contract With Analysts
Goodyear will hold an investor conference call to discuss details of its new master labor contract with the United Steelworkers next Tuesday, Jan. 9 at 9 a.m.
- 2007-01-05 Pirelli Hoping to List Tyre Division
Italian corporate giant Pirelli SpA is reportedly planning to list its tyre division on the stock exchange in March or April as trading conditions improve.
- 2007-01-08 Goodyear to Close Morocco Plant
Continuing its efforts to reduce manufacturing costs worldwide, Goodyear plans to close its plant in Casablanca, Morocco, by the end of the year.
- 2007-01-08 Michelin Gets Major U.S. Military Deal
Michelin Aircraft Tire Co. has been awarded a 10-year, $700 million-plus contract to supply tires to the U.S. military.
- 2007-01-08 ASA Tire Systems Adds Wrenchead Interface
ASA Tire Systems has introduced a new interface between its TreadX tire dealer software and Wrenchead, an Internet-based database of automotive aftermarket parts.
- 2007-01-08 Ex-Balkrishna Exec, Warburg Pincus to Buy Alliance Tire
- 2007-01-02 Hankook Issues Voluntary Recall of Certain Medium Truck Tires
- 2007-01-09 At Your Service
The RAC has revealed details of patrol callouts during 2006, and while punctured tyres were one of the most common reasons for requiring assistance, patrol personnel also reported encountering a number of unexpected and bizarre situations.
- 2007-01-10 Goodyear Weathers Strike Storm, Looks Forward
Eighty-six days. Sixteen plants. Fifteen thousand employees on strike. An estimated $360 million in strike-related losses. Strained relations with the United Steelworkers. In the end, Goodyear officials told financial analysts during a conference call yesterday, it was all worth it.
- 2007-01-10 Conti & Microsoft to Share Technology
Continental AG and Microsoft Corp. have announced the formation of a strategic partnership between the two organisations to develop wireless technology for vehicles.
- 2007-01-10 Pirelli Granted New Line of Credit
Pirelli Tyre SpA, Europe's third-biggest tyremaker, has arranged a line of credit worth 500 million euros (£337 million) in an attempt to improve the company's financial structure and boost flexibility.
- 2007-01-10 When the Rubber Hits the Rubber
Old tyres that once drove along city streets are now on the receiving end of a different kind of traffic.
- 2007-01-11 Bridgestone Potenza Concept Tire Debuts at 2007 NAIAS
Bridgestone Corporation, parent company of Bridgestone Americas Holding, Inc. (BSAH), unveiled an ultra-high performance Bridgestone-brand Potenza™ concept tire at the 2007 North American International Auto Show (NAIAS), yesterday in Detroit.
- 2007-01-11 Goodyear Promotes Three in Consumer Tire Organization
Goodyear’s North American Tire operations made a number of personnel changes.
- 2007-01-11 NHTSA Denies China Tire Compliance Petition
NHTSA ruled against Foreign Tire Sales, importer of china-made truck tires, saying mislabeling on the tires did pose a safety issue and that the mismarked tires could not be sold in the U.S.
- 2007-01-11 Italy\'s Homeless Have Their Own ‘Michelin Guide’
It looks like a guidebook, with its glossy pages, fold-out maps, and tips on where to eat and sleep in Rome.
- 2007-01-12 Goodyear Plans to Sell Park Area
The Akron Beacon Journal reported that Goodyear has put its Wingfoot Lake park near Akron up for sale.
- 2007-01-12 Michelin Shows Off eTire II
Five years after the debut of its original eTire Tyre Pressure Monitoring System (TPMS), Michelin has begun to show off its eTire II second-generation sensor equipment.
- 2007-01-12 GITI To Boost Production Capacity
Giti Tire Co Ltd., China’s largest tyremaker, has voiced its intention to raise tyre production capacity.
- 2007-01-12 Hyundai, Kia Models to Use EnTire Solutions TPMS
EnTire Solutions has become the TPMS supplier for the 2007 Hyundai Tiburon, Kia Amanti and Kia Spectra.
- 2007-01-12 Goodyear Tyre Improves 7.5 Tonners’ Load Characteristics
Goodyear has launched a new steer tyre for 7.5 tonne vehicles, which is said to give significant operator benefits, thanks to its size.
- 2007-01-12 ATS Euromaster Launches National Run-Flat Fitting and Repair Service
ATS Euromaster has is to equip each of its 507 centres across the UK with new technology to enable it to service and carry out minor repairs to the latest generation of run-flat technology tyres.
- 2007-01-16 Tyremakers Take Note
According to automotive industry analysts, during 2006, China overtook Japan to become the world’s second-largest market for cars.
- 2007-01-16 Apollo Tyres Gets Two Key Awards
India’s Apollo Tyres Ltd. recently won two awards, one for its Aspire performance tire line and a separate honor for its public safety efforts.
- 2007-01-16 MRF to Expand Capacity at Three Locations
India’s largest tyremaker MRF recently outlined its plans for expansion at three of its factories.
- 2007-01-16 AASA Promotes Spera
Automotive Aftermarket Suppliers Association (AASA) has promoted Theresa Spera to director of marketing and member services.
- 2007-01-16 Dunlop India Resumes Production
Tyres are reportedly rolling off the Dunlop production line in Sahagunj, India, for the first time since 2001.
- 2007-01-17 Bridgestone Recruiting for Hungarian Factory
Bridgestone Europe has begun recruiting employees for its new factory in Tatabánya, 35 miles west of Budapest.
- 2007-01-17 PCL Generates Interest at SEMA
Pneumatics Components Ltd. (PCL) generated a fair amount of global interest at the recent SEMA Show, particularly from U.S. companies.
- 2007-01-17 Startup Hopeful of TMPS Success
Very few people have heard of EoPlex, but this startup company in Redwood City, Calif., hopes to make its mark on the tyre world.
- 2007-01-17 Michelin OE for Russian Market Focus
Michelin has signed the first OE deal for its Davydovo plant near Moscow.
- 2007-01-17 Tip Top Launches Run-Flat Repair Kit
Less than a week after ATS Euromaster launched a national run-flat repair service, Rema Tip Top has introduced a tyre repair kit specifically designed for the permanent repair of tread injuries to run-flat tyres.
- 2007-01-17 Michelin Launches Pilot Road 2
Michelin has launched the Pilot Road 2, unveiling its latest dual compound offering at the Motorcycle Trade Expo at Stoneleigh park.
- 2007-01-18 Michelin Ending Tire Production in Nigeria
AFX has reported that Groupe Michelin will end tire production at its plant in Nigeria, and is working with the Nigerian government to find a buyer for the facility.
- 2007-01-19 Goodyear Plant Managers Swap Posts
Goodyear has swapped managers at two of its tire plants.
- 2007-01-22 BFNAT Introduces New Blizzak in Steamboat Springs
At a special winter driving event held late last week in Steamboat Springs, Colo., Bridgestone/Firestone North American Tire (BFNAT) launched its new Bridgestone Blizzak WS60 tire to dealers and media.
- 2007-01-22 Yokohama to Provide OE Fitments on Chrysler Vehicles
Yokohama Tire Corp. announced it will supply a "significant amount" of tires to Chrysler Group for the 2008 Chrysler Town & Country and the 2008 Dodge Grand Caravan.
- 2007-01-22 Canadian Tire to Offer Eliminator Intelligent Battery Guard
Canadian Tire Corp. will stock a new Battery Brain vehicle aftermarket device manufactured by Smart Energy Solutions Inc. in all of its 460 stores.
- 2007-01-22 Vredestein Exhibits Cold-Weather Run-Flat at Autosport
Following on from run-flat product launches by Cooper and Marangoni Tyre last May, Russian-Dutch manufacturer Amtel-Vredestein threw its hat into the ring with the launch of its Wintrac Xtreme RF cold weather run-flat.
- 2007-01-23 Conti Launches General Brand Winter Tyre
Continental Tire North America Inc. has released the first of an all-new winter tyre range under its General Tire brand.
- 2007-01-19 TyreSafe Highlights Pressure Washer Dangers
TyreSafe (formerly the Tyre Industry Council) has issued a warning outlining potential safety risks posed by equipment used by hand car wash teams in the U.K.
- 2007-01-24 BFNAT Expands Firehawk Wide Oval Tire Line
Bridgestone/Firestone North American Tire (BFNAT) has expanded its Firestone Firehawk Wide Oval tire line with the addition of two new sizes to fit the sixth-generation Corvette.
- 2007-01-24 Hankook Reportedly Ahead of Schedule with Hungarian Plant
South Korean tiremaker Hankook Ltd. said it may be able to complete the first phase of the construction of its new 92,000-square meter plant in Dunaújváros, Hungary, by the end of March.
- 2007-01-29 Conti-Amtel Deal ‘Has Died’
It appears Continental AG will not take over Russian-Dutch tyre manufacturer Amtel-Vredestein after all.
- 2007-01-29 Audi R8 to Wear New P Zero
Pirelli’s new P Zero has been selected as the OE tyre for the soon-to-be-released Audi R8.
- 2007-02-01 IBM to Patent Tread Monitoring Sensor
IBM has submitted a patent application for a sensor that can warn drivers when tyre tread becomes worn down to 3mm or less, the level at which tests conducted for the British Rubber Manufacturers Association indicate that a tyre’s road holding ability begins to be significantly affected.
- 2007-02-01 SmarTire Systems Completes Restructuring
SmarTire Systems announced that it has completed its restructuring. As a result, the company reduced its workforce by approximately 50%.
- 2007-02-01 Michelin Renews International Contract
On Jan. 26 Michelin renewed a long-term global contract with the Volvo Group.
- 2007-02-01 Lights…Camera…Tyres
Pirelli has made a second foray into the world of filmmaking with its new short film ‘Mission Zero.’
- 2007-02-02 Conti Boosting Consumer Tire Prices
Continental Tire North America says it will hike prices on its passenger and light truck/SUV tires by as much as 5%, effective Apr. 2.
- 2007-02-02 ASA Launches New TireMaster Web Site
ASA Tire Systems launched a completely redesigned Web site for its TireMaster software product.
- 2007-02-02 Michelin China Reproached for Environmental Standards
China's State Environmental Protection Administration (SEPA) has reproached one of Michelin’s factories, the Shanghai Michelin Warrior Tire Co., for failing to alter its activities after violating environmental regulations.
- 2007-02-02 Michelin Announces Replacement Tyre Price Increase
Michelin has released a statement announcing that it will increase the price of its truck and bus replacement tyres in European markets.
- 2007-02-02 Bridgestone Releases its First SAV Run-Flat
Bridgestone has unveiled its first 4x4 run-flat for luxury sport activity vehicles (SAV).
- 2007-02-07 Bridgestone/Firestone Opens Second Brazilian Plant
Bridgestone’s Brazilian subsidiary, Bridgestone/Firestone do Brasil Indústria e Comércio Ltda., has inaugurated its second Brazilian facility, approximately two years after the announcement of plans to invest in the State of Bahia.
- 2007-02-07 Vredestein to Increase U.S. Prices Across the Board
Effective immediately, Vredestein Tyres North America will increase tire prices in the U.S. up to 4%.
- 2007-02-08 Nokian Introduces Winter Tires to European Market
Nokian Tyres has introduced several new winter tires for the central European market.
- 2007-02-08 Michelin Japan to Increase Prices
Following news that it is raising the price of replacement truck and bus tyre prices in Europe, Michelin has announced its intention to raise the price of winter tyres for cars and trucks in Japan as of Apr. 2, in response to company concerns over material costs.
- 2007-02-09 Rosava: New generation of summer tyres SQ-201
New generation of summer tyres SQ-201 is designed for safe car handling especially on wet road surface as well as for minimizing of aquaplaning risk.
- 2007-02-09 Conti Displays Smart Technologies
Continental Automotive Systems has shown off its smart technologies in an interactive display at this year’s Chicago Auto Show.
- 2007-02-14 Pirelli Counts on ‘The Hero’ for its UHP Lineup
Pirelli has introduced the P Zero the Hero, a new ultra-high-performance tire developed for specifically for supercars, and a tire the company said was “directly derived from the experience the company has accumulated in 100 years of competition.”
- 2007-02-15 Nokian Tyres to accelerate the start-up of the phase II Expansion at its Russian factory
Nokian Tyres' Board of Directors has decided to start the expansion and capacity increase at its Russian factory. As a result of the start-up of Phase II, the output of the Vsevolozhsk factory will more than double with the target to reach the production of 10 million tyres by the year 2011.
- 2007-02-15 Chinese Tyre Production Reaches 283 Million Units
Data from Chinese National Bureau of Statistics reveals 2005 witnessed a sustainable and steady growth in the tyre industry.
- 2007-02-15 Continental to Exhibit Rolling Resistance Calculator at CV Show
Continental AG will once again exhibit at the CV Show at the NEC in Birmingham in three months' time.
- 2007-02-16 Pirelli Gets Five-Year Line of Credit
Pirelli Tyre has taken a $875 million, five-year line of credit, which the tire arm of Pirelli SpA said will enhance its financial position and improve financial flexibility.
- 2007-02-16 Tyre Noise Directive Delayed
A proposed European directive on reducing noise from car and truck tyres has been put on the back burner, according to the lobby group Transport & Environment (T&E). The directive sponsored by the Enterprise Directorate should have been published last summer, but has been delayed on several occasions, T&E claims.
- 2007-02-19 Michelin, Bridgestone Consider Truck Tire Plants in India
Reacting to the growing Indian tire market, both Groupe Michelin and Bridgestone Corp. are looking to expand tire production capacity there.
- 2007-02-19 Korean Tires Enjoying Brisk Sales in China
South Korea’s two tire giants, Hankook and Kumho, are leaving huge marks on China’s roads.
- 2007-02-20 Bridgestone Releases 2007 Profit Forecast
Bridgestone Corp. expects profit to rise 5.8% this year due to improving sales in the U.S. and Europe.
- 2007-02-20 Goodyear Launches New Eagle F1 Asymmetric
Goodyear has launched a new tyre designed to replace the much-vaunted Eagle F1 GSD3.
- 2007-02-21 Goodyear Expands Tire Production in Poland
The Goodyear Tire & Rubber Co. announced that it plans to invest more than $100 million to expand production of high performance and ultra-high performance tires in Poland.
- 2007-02-22 Continental AG Progressing on Talks to Acquire Goodyear Unit
German auto parts supplier Continental AG said it expects to reach a decision soon on whether or not to pursue a purchase of Goodyear’s Engineered Products division.
- 2007-02-22 Toyo Releases Latest Financials
Toyo Tire & Rubber Co. has presented details of its consolidated business results for the first three quarters of fiscal year 2006 (from Apr. 1, 2006 to Dec. 31, 2006).
- 2007-02-22 Yokohama HPT Offers New Marque Specific Wheels
Yokohama HPT Ltd, U.K. distributor for numerous makes of alloy wheels, including TSW, Mangels and MAK, has added two more marque-specific brands to its portfolio – the Redbourne range, designed exclusively for Land Rover and Range Rover models, and August wheels, intended for the Audi range.
- 2007-02-23 Hankook to Build New Plant
Hankook Tire Co. announced plans to build a new $250 million tire plant in its home country of South Korea.
- 2007-02-26 Continental ‘Working Hard to Reduce CO2’
In the last five years, Continental AG claims to have reduced CO2 emissions by more than 30% per product tonne.
- 2007-02-27 Firestone Launches New Mass-Market Multihawk
Firestone has announced details of the long-term replacement for its F590FS tyre, a regular OE fitment on a number of mass-market hatchbacks and compact family cars – including the Volkswagen Polo, Fiat’s Punto and Stilo and the Skoda Fabia, since its release in 2000.
- 2007-02-27 Bridgestone Launches 2007 E-Reporter Initiative
Bridgestone is providing opportunities for the next generation of budding motorsport journalists to reveal their talents through its 2007 e-reporter initiative.
- 2007-03-01 New Rubber for Your Laptop
When people think of green – or interesting – products, they rarely think of laptop bags, but one company has chosen to fly in the face of this general perception.
- 2007-03-07 Report: Hankook Boosting Shipments to Ford
Yonhap news service reported that Hankook Tire Co. plans to increase tire shipments to Ford Motor Co. next year.
- 2007-03-07 Fire Damages Goodyear Thailand Facility
A sizeable fire destroyed large sections of a Goodyear factory in Pathum Thani province, Thailand, on Mar. 2.
- 2007-03-07 Rubber 2007 Hosted by Expocenter of Ukraine
Between Oct. 31 and Nov. 3, Ukraine’s national Expocenter will play host to Rubber 2007, the ninth National Specialized Exhibition with foreign participation.
- 2007-03-06 Shanghai to Host Rubber & Tyre Expo
With the Chinese and Indian tyre industries proving to be the most rapidly transforming, the Asian region is one that has the attention of industry players and observers worldwide.
- 2007-03-06 2006 a Slower Year for Commercial Vehicle Registrations
The European Automobile Manufacturers’ Association (ACEA) has released its figures for the number of commercial vehicles first registered within the European Union and within the U.K. during 2006.
- 2007-03-06 Analysts: Cooper Stock Worth a Second Look
Shares of Cooper Tire & Rubber Co. hit a 52-week high on Mar. 2, despite reporting more losses in its fourth-quarter results.
- 2007-03-06 India’s Carmakers look to China for Tyres
In a move that will no doubt further unsettle Indian manufacturers already concerned about tightening margins, one of the country’s major vehicle manufacturers has decided to fit its buses and multi-axle trucks with radial tyres sourced from China.
- 2007-03-06 Pirelli Won the Battle, but Who Will Win the War?
On Feb. 27, the FIA announced that Pirelli had won the tender to be the official tyre supplier to the 2008-2010 FIA World Rally Championships.
- 2007-03-05 Avenger Gets Bridgestone and Firestone Tires
Bridgestone and Firestone brand tires will grace the 2008 Dodge Avenger, Bridgestone/Firestone North American Tire announced.
- 2007-03-05 Pirelli Opens New UHP Factory in Romania
When Pirelli Tyre’s IPO last summer completely failed, the parent company was forced to sell about 39% of its tyre division Pirelli Tyre SpA to a group of corporate investors from the banking sector rather than to private shareholders.
- 2007-03-05 Amtel-Vredestein to Supply Renault in Russia
Amtel-Vredestein N.V., has confirmed that its Russian subsidiary, OJSC Amtel-Vredestein, has been nominated to supply tyres for Renault Logan cars produced in Russia.
- 2007-03-05 Yokohama Upgrades Advan Site
Japan’s Yokohama Rubber Co. has redesigned its Web site for its Advan tire brand and introduced an international version of the site.
- 2007-03-05 Michelin Launches New X Energy XF
Michelin has launched the first steer axle truck tyre in its range to feature InfiniCoil architecture, one of the key innovations of Michelin Durable Technologies.
- 2007-03-05 Barum Extends Range of On- and Off-Road CV Tyres
Continental Tyre Group has increased its range of Barum tyres truck tyres for on- and off-road use.
- 2007-03-08 MNA Launches Upgraded Truck Tire Site
Michelin North America has updated its Michelin Americas Truck Tires Web site.
- 2007-03-08 New All-Position Radial from BFNAT
Bridgestone/Firestone North American Tire has launched the Bridgestone M860, and all-position on/off-highway medium truck radial, targeting refuse and severe-service trucks.
- 2007-03-08 Michelin Goes Main With Retail Concept
Michelin North America is back in the retail business – just not with tires.
- 2007-03-08 Vredestein Ships One Millionth Space Master
One million is a lot of anything. For Vredestein Banden, it represents a major milestone for its Space Master spare tire.
- 2007-03-08 Hayes Lemmerz to Formalise Russian JV
Hayes Lemmerz International Inc. plans to transform its technical alliance for the licenced manufacture of passenger car steel wheels in Russia into a formal joint venture over the next couple of years.
- 2007-03-08 Geneva Debut for P Zero Club
The Geneva Motor Show has provided Pirelli with its first opportunity to show off its latest P Zero to the public.
- 2007-03-08 F1 to Employ Revised Red Tyre Rule
Bridgestone has confirmed it will visually differentiate its two specifications of dry weather F1 tyres following last-minute changes to this year’s Formula One regulations.
- 2007-03-08 More Dealers Undertaking RFT Training: Bridgestone
Bridgestone’s training programme educating tyre dealers and fitters about its RFT run-flat tyre technology has now seen more than 320 dealerships certified to replace run-flats.
- 2007-03-08 BFS Renegotiating Plantation Agreement in Liberia
The Liberian government is currently in discussions with Bridgestone/Firestone to renegotiate the concession contract for the tyremaker’s operation of the world’s largest natural rubber plantation.
- 2007-03-08 Continental Rated Top in Which? Review
The well known U.K. consumer magazine Which? has rated Continental’s ContiEcoContact 3 its most recommended tyre in a recently conducted comparative evaluation of super-mini and city car tyres.
- 2007-03-12 Michelin Sues FIA Over WRC Choice
The long-running feud between Groupe Michelin and FIA will now apparently enter the courtroom.
- 2007-03-13 Bridgestone to Supply Run-Flats to the Second-Generation X5
According to Bridgestone, the new Dueler H/P Sport RFT is designed to give drivers of sporty 4x4 vehicles a tyre that offers the same characteristics as the rubber on leading coupés and saloons.
- 2007-03-14 Goodyear Introduces New Dunlop Steer Tire
A new flagship steer tire has been added to the Dunlop brand line, Goodyear Tire & Rubber Co. has announced.
- 2007-03-15 Lawsuits Putting Pressure on Run-Flats
In the U.S., it appears that consumer response to run-flat tyres is not as universally glowing as tyremakers had anticipated.
- 2007-03-15 Kumho Set to Offer 20-Series Tire
After creating buzz with its red-smoke-emitting tire and aroma rubber, Kumho Tire USA Inc. is ready to launch another head-turner: a 20-series tire.
- 2007-03-19 Zisser Tire Co-Founder Passes Away
John Zisser Sr., 84, co-founder of St. Louis’ Zisser Tire Co., passed away Feb. 14, according to the company.
- 2007-03-20 Cooper Launches New CS4 Touring Tire
Today, in Pearsall, Texas, just outside San Antonio, Cooper Tire & Rubber Co. launched its new all-season premium Cooper CS4 touring tire.
- 2007-03-23 Michelin Puts Up 'For Sale' Sign in Nigeria
On Mar. 21, Michelin invited prospective investors to submit expressions of interest in its soon-to-be-closed factory in Nigeria.
- 2007-03-27 Vredestein Launches New Ultrac SUV Sessanta
Vredestein Banden B.V. has introduced a new SUV version of its Ultrac Sessanta ultra-high performance tire.
- 2007-03-29 Goodyear India Shares up 10%
Shares in Goodyear India jumped almost 10 per cent from Rs 159.30 (£1.87) to Rs 175.20 (£2.06) on Mar. 26.
- 2007-03-28 Five New Styles from Momo
The last few months have been a busy time for Italian motorsport icon Momo, with the release of four brand new five-spoke wheel designs and one seven-spoke offering – the Momo Corse – which, Momo claims, will fit nearly 100 per cent of all popular saloons, hot hatches and sports cars.
- 2007-03-30 General Tire Unveils New Logo To Reflect Revitalization Of The General Tire Brand
As part of its overall plan to revitalize the General Tire brand, parent company Continental Tire North America Inc., (CTNA) has introduced a dynamic new logo to represent the brand for both the Passenger / Light Truck and the Commercial Vehicle Tire divisions in the Americas.
- 2007-03-30 Michelin Adds Sizes to Uniroyal Laredo Line
Michelin North America is launching four new sizes of the Uniroyal Laredo Cross Country tire for light trucks and SUVs.
- 2007-04-02 Michelin May Expand Shenyang Plant in China
The Chinese news agency Xinhua has reported that Groupe Michelin is planning to expand its tire plant in Shenyang, capital of Northeast China's Liaoning Province, and make it the tiremaker’s biggest production center worldwide.
- 2007-04-02 Yokohama to Increase Consumer, OTR Tire Prices
Yokohama Tire Corp. announced that, effective May 1, it will increase prices on consumer tires up to 7% and OTR tires from 3% to 5%.
- 2007-04-05 Bridgestone Ranked as Top Foreign Investor in Poland
Poland’s leading monthly business magazine, Forbes Poland, has named Bridgestone as the top foreign investor in Poland for 2006.
- 2007-04-10 Bridgestone Produces Snow Tyres for F1
Bridgestone Motorsport has produced a special Limited Edition F1 Potenza Snow Tyre at the request of the BMW Sauber F1 Team.
- 2007-04-11 Continental Buying Majority Stake in Slovakian Tiremaker
Rebuffed in its attempts to buy Goodyear’s Engineered Products Group and Siemens VDO’s automotive electronics business, Continental AG will now acquire a majority stake in Slovakian tiremaker Matador Group.
- 2007-04-13 New Commercial TPMS from Mobile Awareness
Transportation safety products company Mobile Awareness released a new generation of TPMS products geared toward commercial trucks, utility vehicles, RVs and trailers – the MA-TPMS.
- 2007-04-16 Goodyear South Africa to Supply OE for New Hummer
Right hand drive versions of GM’s Hummer H3, including those destined for the U.K. market, will be exclusively shod with products from the Goodyear stable.
- 2007-04-17 New Sumitomo Tire Plant in Thailand to Produce Falken Tires
More than 40 attendees – including tire dealers and journalists – were invited by Falken Tire Corp. to tour its parent company’s new Sumitomo Rubber (Thailand) Co. (SRT) tire plant in Rayong, Thailand, southeast of Bangkok.
- 2007-04-18 Falken Debuts New Ziex ZE-912 to Dealers in Thailand
Today, at a ride-and-drive event for dealers and media at the Bira International Circuit just outside Pattaya, Thailand, Falken Tire Corp. launched the tire it had previewed at the 2006 SEMA Show – the Ziex ZE-912.
- 2007-04-19 New Tyres Safer on Rear Wheels - Tyresafe
Established wisdom amongst a large section of the motoring public and even within the tyre industry dictates that new tyres should be fitted to a vehicle’s front wheels.
- 2007-04-19 MyGoodyear.co.uk Hits the Radio
Goodyear has launched a radio information campaign to highlight the role of preventative tyre maintenance in road safety.
- 2007-04-19 Sibur-Russian Indicate Willingness to Work with Conti
Sibur-Russian Tyres has announced their readiness to work in cooperation with Continental AG in the area of the joint venture company Matador Omskshina.
- 2007-04-19 Goodyear Dunlop on Top Down Under
The Goodyear Eagle F1 GS-D3 has been singled out as Australasia’s tyre of choice for large cars after scoring highly in independent tyre tests conducted by leading Australian motoring publication Wheels magazine.
- 2007-04-19 New Reality Series Rides On Bridgestones
Bridgestone Potenza RE-01R tires will be the featured rubber for the new Speed channel series "Setup." The first episode of the six-part reality series aired last night.
- 2007-04-24 Michelin Romania Truck, OTR Tyre Production up 23%
Groupe Michelin’s subsidiary in Romania, Michelin Silvania, has indicated it expects production at its facility in the city of Zalau will rise by 10% this year, following an increase of 23% during 2006.
- 2007-04-24 Volvo to Offer Goodyear Self-Repair Tyres
Volvo is set to become the first truck manufacturer in Europe to self-repairing tyres on its products after the company entered into a supply deal with Goodyear.
- 2007-04-24 Q1 Results 'Better Than Expected:' Nokian
Nokian Tyres had a “better than expected” first quarter of 2007.
- 2007-04-25 Construction Progresses at Nexen’s Chinese Plant and R&D Centre
Nexen Tire Corp. announced it will invest some £87 million ($170 million) over three years in the construction of its new Qingdao plant.
- 2007-04-25 Road Safety Week
UNO and WHO are exercising the global Road Safety Week. It’s the very first time an action like this has been practiced and it addresses primarily children who suffer the most from road accidents.
- 2007-04-26 Falken Introduces New Wheels
Falken Tire Corp. has announced the availability of its Solaris and Executive wheels.
- 2007-04-27 Goodyear Reports First-Quarter Sales Increase But Loss in Income
Goodyear Tire & Rubber Co. reported overall first-quarter sales of $4.5 billion, which were up 1% from 2006, but the USW strike in North America reduced income by about $34 million.
- 2007-04-27 Latest Proxes From Toyo
Toyo has released the latest in a long and distinguished line of performance rubber with the new Proxes 4.
- 2007-04-30 Toyo Steps Out With New Luxury Line
Turning to the upscale luxury market, Toyo Tire (USA) Corp. has launched its new Versado line of luxury high performance tires.
- 2007-05-04 Goodyear Looking at New Danville Research Lab
Goodyear and the Institute for Advanced Learning and Research (IALR) are considering creation of a “one-of-a-kind tire performance research laboratory” near the tiremaker’s truck tire plant in Danville, Va.
- 2007-05-07 Conti Publishes Strong First-Quarter Figures
Continental AG’s consolidated sales for the first quarter of 2007 rose by 9.8% compared with the same period of the previous year to 3.964 billion euros.
- 2007-05-10 EU Tyre Recycling Tests Outline ‘Best Available Technology’
Estimates put forward during the European Tyre Recycling Association (ETRA) Conference 2007 in Brussels suggest that at least 300 million tyres reach their end-of-life each year throughout the EU’s 27 member states, with similar amounts found in North America, Latin America, Asia and the Middle East.
- 2007-05-10 Goodyear Offering Share to Raise Capital
Goodyear Tire & Rubber Co. announced plans to offer 22.5 shares of its common stock, a move that will reportedly raise an estimated $725 million.
- 2007-05-10 Hankook Passes the 100 Million Mark in China
In late March, Hankook Tire celebrated a significant milestone – the 100 millionth tyre manufactured by the company in China came off the production line at Hankook’s Jiaxing facility in Zhejiang Province.
- 2007-05-10 Michelin to Change U.K. Pension Scheme
The retirement plans of 4,000 Michelin employees in the U.K. – including workers at the Stoke-on-Trent, Dundee and Ballymena plants and ATS employees - have been affected by the company’s planned closure of its final-salary pension scheme to existing members and decision to transfer staff onto a money-purchase plan.
- 2007-05-10 NR Speculation a Concern in India
An association representing seven of the largest tyre manufacturers in India has expressed concerns that futures market speculation could lead to rising natural rubber prices in the domestic market, forcing manufacturers to become reliant upon imports – as was the situation in December 2006 and January 2007.
- 2007-05-11 Goodyear’s New Eagle F1 All Season in Stores This July
Goodyear announced that its new, ultra-high performance Eagle F1 All Season will be available to consumers this July.
- 2007-05-11 Yokohama Rubber Sales Increase 10.1%
The Yokohama Rubber Co. announced on May 10 that its net sales had risen 10.1% to 497.4 billion yen (£2.083 billion) in the fiscal year ended March 31, 2007.
- 2007-05-15 Dunlop Signs Off on SP Sport Signature All-Season HP Line
Goodyear has launched the Dunlop SP Sport Signature, an all-season high performance tire.
- 2007-05-15 New Winter Range for Interstate
Netherlands based Interstate Tire & Rubber Co. has announced the introduction of a new range of exclusive brand Interstate winter tyres for the 2007 season.
- 2007-05-16 Dunlop Adds to Mixed-Service Truck Tyre Range
Peterborough’s TruckFest show – an event co-sponsored by Dunlop Tyres UK – was chosen as the launch venue for new additions to two of the tyremaker’s new product lines.
- 2007-05-17 Matador Supplies China’s Triangle
Matador’s machinery unit has signed an agreement to sell 10 tire production machines to China tiremaker Triangle.
- 2007-05-23 Pirelli Tyre Romania Reports 2006 Turnover of
Pirelli Tyre’s operations in Romania ended the 2006 year having recorded a turnover of 60.36 RON (£12.7 million) and losses of 18.49 million RON (£3.9 million).
- 2007-05-29 Toyo to Increase Capacity at North American Plant
Toyo Tire & Rubber Co. is planning to increase production capacity at its Toyo Tire North America plant in White, Ga.
- 2007-05-30 Kumho Chosen for Green LCV
Coventry-based manufacturer of zero-emission commercial vehicles, Modec Limited, has chosen to fit Kumho tyres as OE on its range of environmentally friendly vehicles.
- 2007-05-31 U.S. Military Receives First Shipment of BFGoodrich Tires
Michelin North America’s (MNA) BFGoodrich brand announced the delivery of the first 5,000 Baja T/A military edition tires to the U.S. military for use on Humvees.
- 2007-05-31 ‘P Zero the Hero:’ Pirelli’s New Answer for Supercars
In the centenary of the firm’s involvement in motorsports, the most technologically advanced product to come out of Pirelli research, heralded as a revolution for the tyre industry, is about to be launched.
- 2007-05-31 Avon Offers to Keep Performance Cars Cool With Winter Products
Avon Tyres has expanded its cold-weather programme with the addition of new sizes to fit a broad variety of popular high performance cars and 4x4s.
- 2007-05-31 Goodyear SA Appointed Sole Supplier for GMSA Hummer
The tough tyres that carry General Motors’ locally produced super-macho Hummer H3 through rocky riverbeds and over busy city highways will all be locally produced Goodyear Wranglers.
- 2007-05-31 Toyo Sells Australian Parts Business
Toyo Tire & Rubber Co. has announced the sale of its Australian subsidiary’s automotive interior parts business.
- 2007-05-31 Solideal Factory in China achieves ISO 9001 Certification
Solideal is pleased to announce that Solideal Rubber Products (Qingdao) Co. Ltd has achieved the ISO 9001:2000 Quality management certification from Lloyds Shanghai on Apr. 25.
- 2007-06-01 Marangoni Launches Ringbuilder 3000
For Marangoni Retreading Systems, its Ringtread retreading technology is guided by the concept of a “production island,” – a highly automated multi-purpose work centre with input of raw materials (compounds and tyre for retreading) and output of the end product (the retreaded tyre).
- 2007-06-01 Buy-Out Points to Far Eastern Expansion for Dunlop Aircraft Tyres
Private equity business ABN Amro Capital, part of Dutch group ABN Amro, has acquired a 74.6% stake in Dunlop Aircraft Tyres.
- 2007-06-04 Michelin Launches Touring Tire-Inspired Footwear Line
At the Barber Motorsports Park in Birmingham, Ala., Michelin North America (MNA) launched the Michelin Primacy MXV4 touring tire and a casual footwear line inspired by the new tire.
- 2007-06-04 Continental OE for New Ford Mondeo and Transit SportVan
When Ford’s all-new Mondeo finds its way into new car dealerships in late June, chances are it will be sporting a smart set of Continental tyres as OE.
- 2007-06-04 New Touring Tyre from Michelin North America
Michelin North America (MNA) has released a new addition to its range of offerings for luxury vehicles – the Primacy MXV4 touring tyre.
- 2007-06-05 Continental Raises Prices in Canada
Continental Tire Canada Inc. is raising prices up to 5.5% on all Continental, General and associate brand passenger and light truck tires.
- 2007-06-05 Michelin Introduces Light Truck/SUV Tire to Canadian Market
Michelin North America (Canada) Inc. has introduced its LTXTM A/T2 light truck and SUV tire.
- 2007-05-21 Kumho Tires and Nanjing TBR (Truck/Bus Radial Tire) plant groundbreaking ceremony
Invest ninety nine million dollars and plan to complete the construction in the second half of 2008 Kumho Tires (President, Se Chul Oh) founds a comprehensive TBR plant in Nanjing.
- 2007-06-06 Falken Gets Top Spot in Enthusiast Magazine Survey
Falken Tire Corp. was selected as “favorite tires” in the 2007 People’s Choice Awards conducted by C16, a digital automotive enthusiast magazine.
- 2007-06-06 Sportrac3 Rated a ‘Winning Tyre’ in Auto Express Product Honours
Auto Express magazine has named a Vredestein product as the top performer in the tyre segment of the magazine’s Product Honours 2007 awards.
- 2007-06-06 Tyre Smart in Norfolk
Motorists in the coastal town of Great Yarmouth are being offered hands-on advice to make them more safety conscious and, in particular, tyre aware.
- 2007-06-06 Study Suggests Many Second-Hand Tyres Unfit for Resale
According to the results of a regional study, a high proportion of the partially worn second-hand tyres sold in the UK each year fail to meet current safety standards, and if this study is representative of the nationwide situation, as many as 600,000 of these unsafe tyres may be on sale throughout the UK each year.
- 2007-06-07 Motorists Urged to Remember Tyres
June 5 to 12 is Auto Safety Week in the Australian state of Victoria, and this year, the campaign is placing a heavy emphasis on tyre safety.
- 2007-06-07 Conti’s Testing Facility Turns 40
Continental AG has marked the 40th anniversary of the opening of its main test track in northern Germany.
- 2007-06-07 Matador Q1 Earnings up 18%
During the period between Jan. 1 and Mar. 31, the Matador group reported earnings of SKK 4.54 billion (£90.6 million), an 18% increase on the same period in 2006.
- 2007-06-08 Kumho Announces Availability of New Solus KR21
Kumho’s new Solus KR21 premium touring “megaline” tire is now available in nearly 50 sizes, ranging from 155/80R13 to 235/65R18.
- 2007-06-08 SEMA: Record Number of Manufacturers Expected at Show
SEMA announced that a record numbers of manufacturers have requested priority space for the 2007 SEMA Show.
- 2007-06-08 JK Tyres Considering Return to 2 & 3 Wheeler Market
According to news published in an Indian business daily, JK Tyre & Industries is considering a return to the two and three wheel vehicle market after a long absence.
- 2007-06-11 TIA Releases Road Service Safety Video
TIA has issued its new Road Service Safety training video for commercial tire service technicians.
- 2007-06-11 Conti Plans HQ Move
The Charlotte Business Journal has reported that Continental Tire North America Inc. plans to move its headquarters from Charlotte to a business park in nearby Lancaster County, N.C.
- 2007-06-12 EU Approves Majority Conti Holding in Matador
The EU Commission has given Continental AG the go-ahead for its acquisition of a majority holding in the Matador Group’s tyre, conveyor belt and rubber machinery operations, paving the way for the acquisition to be carried out once the spin-off of the Matador Rubber Group has been completed.
- 2007-06-12 Tatneft and Conti Sign Tyre Technology Deal
Russian tyremaker Tatneft has reportedly signed a deal with Continental AG for the purchase of metal cord tyre manufacturing technologies for its Nizhnekamskshina operations.
- 2007-06-12 Japanese Michelin Plant to Focus on Hi-Tech Offerings
Michelin has decided to specialise tyre production at its facility in Ota, Japan so it can, as the company stated in a press release, "respond more effectively to the specific, highly technological requirements of the local market."
- 2007-06-12 Ceat to Meet Aftermarket Demand Through Outsourcing
When handed lemons, make lemonade…or when OE orders dwindle, produce tyres for the more profitable aftermarket.
- 2007-06-13 Yokohama Chosen for Most Powerful Golf Ever
Volkswagen is releasing the most powerful Golf in the marque’s 33-year history, and has selected Yokohama to handle the hatchback’s power.
- 2007-06-14 Michelin’s Future Productivity Gains Will Be ‘Huge’
Analysts are predicting huge productivity gains after Michelin announced the restructuring of its Japanese plant, involving the lay-off of 550 people (following Canada, Nigeria and France last year).
- 2007-06-06 Conti Increases Production at Romania Plant
Continental intends to boost production capacity at its Timisoara plant in Romania by around 8 per cent, to more than 13.5 million tyres per annum.
- 2007-06-15 Apollo Considers Expansion of Dunlop SA Plant
Apollo Tyres is planning a major capacity expansion at its Dunlop South Africa facility, Indian newspapers have reported. The project is expected to go into action in 2008/09.
- 2007-06-15 Yokohama Gears Up for Porsche Parade
For the 209th straight year, Yokohama Tire Corp. will serve as an official sponsor of the annual Porsche Club of America’s Porsche Parade, set for July 1-5 in San Diego.
- 2007-01-30 Apollo Tyres unveils its internationally renowned Regal brand of radials for truck and bus commercial vehicles at Bus World, Mumbai
Apollo Tyres Ltd today formally unveiled the first of the Regal brand truck and bus radial tyres – Transport RS (front axle) and Transport RD (drive or rear axle) – at the business-to-business exposition, Bus World, India, taking place in Mumbai.
- 2007-06-19 IRSG: Rubber Consumption to Reach 32 Million Tons by 2020
The International Rubber Study Group (IRSG) reported during the World Rubber Summit last month in Bangkok that world rubber consumption is now forecast to reach 31.8 million tons by 2020, representing an increase of around 10 million tons compared to 2006.
- 2007-06-19 Trelleborg Closing Denmark Plant, Opening New Facility in Latvia
Trelleborg Wheel Systems is closing its plant in Hadsten, Denmark, and will move production to a new facility in Liepaja, Latvia.
- 2007-03-06 Shanghai to Host Rubber & Tyre Expo
With the Chinese and Indian tyre industries proving to be the most rapidly transforming, the Asian region is one that has the attention of industry players and observers worldwide.
- 2007-06-20 Kumho to Raise Passenger, LT Prices
Kumho Tire USA announced a price increase that will take effect Aug. 1.
- 2007-06-20 Michelin To Face Truck Tyre Shortage in 2008?
Steadying raw material prices, Michelin’s productivity improvements and increased truck tyre demand could in a “truck tyre shortage,” and therefore increased prices from the company, according to Deutsche Bank analysts.
- 2007-06-21 Incentives Offered for Michelin to Open Thailand Regional HQ
A working group from Thailand's Board of Investment has proposed granting Siam Michelin tax incentives to aid the company – a partnership between the Michelin Group and the Siam Cement Group – establish a regional operating headquarters within Thailand.
- 2007-06-21 Solideal Turkey Rebrands Itself
After two and a half years operating as World Endüstriyel Lastik, Solideal in Turkey changed its name to Solideal Lastik Ticaret Ltd. Sirketi.
- 2007-06-22 Toyo Launches New DOT Competition Tire
Toyo Tire (USA) Corp. has released the new Proxes R888, a DOT-approved race compound competition tire.
- 2007-06-25 Bridgestone to Remain Official Champ Car Tire Through 2009
Bridgestone/Firestone North American Tire (BFNAT) announced that the Bridgestone brand will remain the official tire of the Champ Car World Series through at least 2009.
- 2007-06-25 Sun Tyres Expects 25 per cent Increase in Retread Demand
Sun Tyre Industries Sdn Bhd, a Malaysian retread tyre manufacturer, expects retread demand to go up by 20 to 25 this year.
- 2007-06-25 Strong Truck Tyre Demand Means Short Supply in Europe
Truck manufacturers (Volvo and MAN) are reporting that supplies of truck tyres are running thin.
- 2007-06-25 Dunlop Appeals for Iconic Images to aid Motorsport Safety
Dunlop Tyres is appealing for motoring enthusiasts to submit photography for inclusion in a coffee-table photobook encapsulating the thrill of the drive.
- 2007-06-26 RMA ISSUES TIRE INFORMATION SERVICE BULLETIN FOR USED TIRES
The Rubber Manufacturers Association today issued a Tire Information Service Bulletin to address used tires that have uncertain or unknown history of use, maintenance, and storage conditions. The bulletin applies to used tires purchased as replacement tires or as equipped on a used vehicle.
- 2007-06-25 Nexen Shows New N6000
At Autopromotec, Nexen Tire was showing examples of its extensive range of UHP, SUV and winter tyres.
- 2007-06-26 Fed Urges N.J. Importer to Recall its Chinese Tires
In the latest controversy involving Chinese products, federal regulators are asking a New Jersey company to recall as many as 450,000 imported tires because the product was blamed for an accident that killed two people last year.
- 2007-06-26 Challenge Bibendum Returns to China in 2007
Michelin’s Challenge Bibendum has been seeking solutions to the downside of motoring since 1998, and this year the event returns to the city that last played host in to the Challenge in 2004 – Shanghai, China’s largest city and economic hub.
- 2007-06-26 Hankook’s New European Plant Up and Running
June 26 is to be a red-letter day in the history of Hankook in Europe, as this is the day the company has chosen to officially commence production at its new £340 million facility in Dunaujvaros, Hungary.
- 2007-06-26 Matador signed a contract with Trinec – for installation of new plant
Stefan Rosina – president of Matador Group – signed a contract with the Mayor of Třinec Viera Palkowska, obligating both parties in the construction of another plant of the Matador Automotive.
- 2007-06-27 Six Bridgestone Plants Receive RMA SHIP Awards
The Rubber Manufacturers Association recently recognized six Bridgestone Americas facilities for outstanding safety performance.
- 2007-06-27 Vredestein Fits One Millionth Space Master
Vredestein Banden recently achieved a major milestone by fitting its 1,000,000th Vredestein Space Master spare tyre, supplying the tyre to Audi for use in the Audi A6 All Road.
- 2007-06-27 Kumho Wins LMP2 Class At Le Mans
The LMP2 class-winning Lola Zytek of Binnie Motorsports was shod with Kumho tyres – an historic achievement for the Korean tyre manufacturer, who was competing at the 24 Hours of Le Mans for only the third time.
- 2007-06-28 Hankook to Raise Prices
Hankook Tire America Corp. announced a price increase of up to 7% on its full line of passenger, high performance and light truck tires.
- 2007-06-28 Change in Chinese Export Rules May Lead to More Tire Price Increases
Effective July 1, the Chinese government will reduce, and in some cases eliminate, VAT (value-added tax) refund rates given to companies exporting certain goods out of China.
- 2007-06-29 Foreign Tire Sales Ordered to Recall Chinese Tires; Company May Face Bankruptcy
The National Highway Traffic Safety Administration (NHTSA) has sent Foreign Tire Sales (FTS) Inc. in Union, N.J., a letter stating that it is legally responsible for the recall of nearly 450,000 tires imported from China and threatened penalties of up to $6,000 per violation, with a maximum of nearly $16.4 million.
- 2007-06-29 Allegedly Defective Chinese Tires Still Sold in Canada
CTV News has found imported tires from China prone to tread separation for sale in Canada, despite an ordered recall in the U.S.
- 2007-06-29 Kumho Launches Aroma Tire in Detroit
On July 1, Kumho Tire USA will start a marketing campaign in Detroit to officially launch its Ecsta DX aroma tire.
- 2007-06-29 Illicit Tappers Attack Rubber Plantation in Liberia
Criminal gangs are attacking Bridgestone Corp.’s Firestone rubber plantation in Liberia.
- 2007-06-29 ContiSportContact Vmax in Guinness Book of Records
Continental Tire’s ContiSportContact Vmax has been entered into the Guinness Book of Records as the world’s fastest standard production tire.
- 2007-06-29 Blackcircles Uses Conventional Media to Boost Online Sales
Blackcircles.com’s rapid success, gained through adapting dotcom technology to suit the tire business, is well documented.
- 2007-07-02 Punch International Acquires Wheel Manufacturer BBS
Belgium’s Punch International NV, the diversified industrial holding company headquartered in Sint-Martens-Latem, announced on June 29 that it has taken over BBS, the German developer and producer of lightweight wheels for premium segment sports and passenger cars.
- 2007-07-02 Falcon Tyres, Sumitomo Signs Technical Assistance Deal
India’s Falcon Tyres has signed a technical assistance agreement with Japanese giant Sumitomo Rubber Industries.
- 2007-07-02 Kumho’s Vietnam Latex Facility Ready for Production
Preparations to ready Kumho Tire’s US$4 million latex processing facility in Vietnam have reached their conclusion and on June 28 the new plant began operations.
- 2007-07-02 Michelin Malaysia Anticipating Huge Growth in SUV Tyre Sales
Michelin Malaysia Sdn. Bhd. has its eyes on a 500% growth in SUV tyre sales following the introduction of the Latitude range into the country.
- 2007-07-02 Pirelli Commemorates 60 Years of Ferrari
Iconic supercar manufacturer Ferrari celebrated its 60th birthday in June 2007 and the tyremaker whose association with the company dates back to Enzo Ferrari’s racing days before World War II was on hand to pay tribute to the legendary marque.
- 2007-07-03 Michelin Ends Bias Ag Tire Production, Sales
Michelin North America has decided to discontinue producing and selling bias ply agricultural tires in North America, but will “continue to offer a full line of radial tires for both Michelin and BFGoodrich brands,” the company said.
- 2007-07-03 Nanotechnology Hits: New Yokohama Line Introduced
Yokohama Tire Corp. has introduced the all-new S.drive high performance tire, featuring nanotechnology. Yokohama said the new line is available now through its U.S. distribution centers
- 2007-07-03 Michelin Trades Investment for Added Work
Groupe Michelin said it plans to spend some 250 million euros – approximately $315 million – on upgrading its tire plants in Germany, contingent on workers there agreeing to work an additional 75 minutes each week without increased pay.
- 2007-07-05 BFNAT Launches Safety Scholars Video Contest
Bridgestone/Firestone North American Tire (BFNAT) has launched its Safety Scholars Video Contest.
- 2007-07-05 CITExpo Brings World’s Largest Tyre Market Under the One Roof
China, the world’s leading tyre consumer and producer has in recent years gained significant product market share around the globe.
- 2007-07-05 Webber: Tyres favour Hamilton
Mark Webber believes that Lewis Hamilton's competitiveness has been aided by the new Bridgestone tyres this season. More experienced drivers have had to adjust to the new specification whilst others like team-mate Fernando Alonso and Ferrari rival Kimi Raikkonen are still getting used to the jump from Michelin to Bridgestone rubber. Thus the Red Bull driver thinks that there has been an element of luck to Hamilton's current 14-point lead in the championship.
- 2007-07-06 Maxxis Launches New Victra Z4S UHP Tire
Maxxis International USA has introduced the Victra Z4S ultra-high performance tire, which, Maxxis said, offers handling and traction on wet, dry or snowy surfaces.
- 2007-07-06 Yokohama to Continue as Official WTCC Tire Supplier
Last week, following an invitation to tender, the FIA World Motor Sport Council appointed the Yokohama Rubber Company to supply the control tyre for the 2008 and 2009 FIA World Touring Car Championships.
- 2007-07-12 Yokohama Rubber Traded Immunity for Information in Cartel Case
It has been reported that Yokohama Rubber provided evidence against its former associates involved in the recent price fixing controversy in exchange for immunity, allowing the U.S. Justice Department to the break the international price cartel that included Dunlop Oil & Marine, Trelleborg Industrie SAS and domestic rival Bridgestone.
- 2007-07-09 IPO for Online Tyre Retailer Oponeo.pl
Polish online tyre and automotive products retailer Oponeo.pl plans to issue up to 4 million new shares in an upcoming IPO and spend the proceeds on boosting working capital and the development of its IT systems, the company's chief executive Dariusz Topolewski informed a press conference on July 5.
- 2007-07-09 KeyBanc Raises Goodyear Share Target to $48
KeyBanc has raised its price target for Goodyear Tire & Rubber Co. shares from $39 to $48, maintaining its “buy” rating.
- 2007-07-13 ASA Offers Updated TireMaster Software
ASA Tire Systems has issued Version 7.4.0 of its TireMaster software.
- 2007-07-10 Toyo, Gordon Extend Off-Road Deal
Toyo Tire (USA) Corp. has extended its contract with off-road racer Robby Gordon through 2010.
- 2007-07-10 Goodyear Jamaica to Rebuild With Distribution and Marketing Investment
- 2007-07-13 Cooper introduces Mastercraft premium touring tire
Cooper Tire & Rubber Co. is rolling out the Mastercraft Avenger Touring LSR all-season premium touring tire in two all-season tread design options.
- 2007-07-12 Michelin Energy Saver OE for New Peugeot
When the all-new Peugeot 308 begins to arrive at dealerships, it will most likely be wearing tyres from Michelin’s new Energy Saver range.
- 2007-07-16 8-year F1 run at Indy to end Series left without a race in U.S.
Formula One will not return to the Indianapolis Motor Speedway next year, leaving the international auto racing series without an American event for now, speedway officials said Thursday.
- 2007-07-13 Conti Selected for Land Rover Experience Tour
The Land Rover Experience Tour is considered one of the most challenging tests faced by all-terrain vehicles, and this year, for the first time, the Experience Tour will be run exclusively using 4x4 tyres manufactured by Continental.
- 2007-07-13 Kumho Signs Manchester United Sponsorship Deal
Kumho Tire announced on July 12 that it has signed a sponsorship deal with Manchester United.
- 2007-07-17 Cooper Recalling 92,000 LT Tires
Cooper Tire & Rubber Co. is recalling some 92,000 Dominator Sport A/T tires due to concerns over possible tread separations.
- 2007-07-18 Car Quality Squeezes Mechanics
Rick Carr, the service manager at Buff Whelan Chevrolet in Sterling Heights, Mich., remembers the old days when cars broke down as fast as mechanics could fix them.
- 2007-07-17 Metro Tyres to Offer Share to Conti
India’s Metro Tyres is reportedly willing to offer technical collaboration partner Continental AG a minority stake in its business.
- 2007-07-16 Aftermarket SmarTire TPMS to be Sold Through International Truck
SmarTire announced on July 10 that Dana Corp., its marketing partner for the commercial vehicle market in North America, Australia and New Zealand, will be offering the company’s SmartWave TPMS retrofit kits to International Truck and Engine Corp.
- 2007-07-17 Pirelli Workers At Carlisle Vote To Strike
A report in the local paper the News and Star says that 700 workers at Pirelli's factory in Carlisle have voted to strike on three days in August, after the company said that it was going to outsource five jobs to outside workers.
- 2007-07-17 Conti Truck Tires Get EPA Nod
Three Continental brand medium truck tires have been recognized by the Environmental Protection Agency for meeting its SmartWay environmental specifications.
- 2007-07-20 S. Africa Tire Plants Facing Strikes
At least 6,000 workers at six large tyre manufacturing plants in Port Elizabeth, Kwazulu-Natal and North West in South Africa will strike on Friday, the National Union of Metalworkers of SA (NUMSA) said.
- 2007-07-18 Michelin Puts Media Buying Under One Roof
Michelin North America has taken its North American media planning and buying business and consolidated at a single agency.
- 2007-07-20 Cooper Tire on Track Again to Fight Malaria in Africa
Legendary adventurer Kingsley Holgate, and Cooper Tire have linked up once again to begin another epic humanitarian mission across the African continent, in the continuing fight against malaria.
- 2007-07-19 Hankook Signs on With Chevy Driving Program
Hankook Tire America Corp. has signed on as the official tire sponsorship of Chevrolet’s “Rev It Up 2007: Where Drivers Come to Play” performance driving school and competition program.
- 2007-07-19 Conti Teams With BMW Performance School
Continental Tire of North American is providing tires to the BMW Performance Center and the BMW Performance Driving School, based in Spartanburg, S.C.
- 2007-07-19 European Motorists Warned to Avoid Used Tires on EBay
eBay shoppers looking for a bargain are being warned to steer clear of second-hand tyres being sold on the site, after independent testing revealed that half of the used tyres listed on eBay are too dangerous for use and if fitted to a car could put lives at risk.
- 2007-07-19 Pirelli to Build ‘Next MIRS’ Plant in Italy
Pirelli Tyre is planning to build a state-of-the-art industrial centre in the Settimo Torinese area of Italy, having signed an agreement with the Piedmont regional, Turin provincial, and Settimo Torinese authorities.
- 2007-07-21 Record Exhibitor Numbers at Tyrexpo Asia ’07
Russia’s Alimark Ltd. has become the 140th exhibitor to sign up for September’s TyrexpoAsia exhibition in Singapore, breaking all records for the show as it approaches its 10th anniversary.
- 2007-07-20 Michelin OTR Plant to Enter Production in November
Groupe Michelin’s new OTR earthmoving tyre plant in Brazil is on schedule to produce its first tyre in November.
- 2007-07-20 Hankook to Show New European Made Tyres at IAA
Hankook Tire will showcase its first European-made tyres, low rolling resistance tyres at this year’s 62nd IAA Car Show.
- 2007-07-23 Pirelli Looking East for Tire Growth
Pirelli SpA may be looking to make major tire investments in Eastern Europe and India, based on remarks made by Pirelli Chairman Chairman Marco Tronchetti Provera to reporters while visiting Pirelli’s tire facility in Romania.
- 2007-07-20 Grosvenor Contract Features 2-Year Michelin Deal
Grosvenor Contracts Leasing Ltd., Britain’s largest independent vehicle contract hire company, which is based in Kettering, has extended its contract with Michelin until 2009.
- 2007-07-23 Chinese Conduct Testing; Tubes Fail Badly
The Brunei Times has reported that government tests of some 50 China-made tires and tubes found a high degree of failures.
- 2007-07-24 Sumitomo Expects Much From China
For Sumitomo Rubber Industries Ltd. – Japan’s second largest tyre manufacturer after Bridgestone – the Chinese tyre market has overwhelming potential.
- 2007-07-24 Investment Firm Owns 5% of Nokian
On July 20, Nokian Tyres received news from Grantham, Mayo, Van Otterloo & Co., that as a result of a share transaction concluded the previous day, their ownership increased to 5% of the voting rights and share capital in the Finnish tyremaker.
- 2007-07-25 Hankook Launches New HP Line
Hankook Tire America Corp. has launched the Ventus R-S2 Z212, a new performance line it said was based on its Ventus RSS Z211 race tire.
- 2007-07-25 New Hankook Plant Under Fire from Unions, Locals
Within a month of it opening, the Hankook Tire Corp. factory in the Hungarian town of Dunaújváros has become the subject of labour-law breach allegations.
- 2007-07-25 Goodyear Dunlop Invests in Wolverhampton Machinery
NextTread, the commercial vehicle retread business of the Goodyear Dunlop group, has announced an investment in new machinery at its Wolverhampton plant.
- 2007-07-25 Analysts Expect 41% Michelin Increase
Financial analysts have predicted that Groupe Michelin will give details of a 41% EBIT increase (to 910 million euros) when it publishes details of its first half results on July 27.
- 2007-07-26 Sales Rise, But Goodyear Posts Net Loss for Half
Even as it saw second quarter sales rise some $183 million, Goodyear Tire & Rubber Co. still posted a first half 2007 net loss of $118 million.
- 2007-07-26 Bridgestone Awarded “Superbrand” Status in Germany
The globally recognised independent authority on consumer opinion and branding, Superbrands, has identified the Bridgestone brand as one of the strongest brand names in its 2007 awards in Germany.
- 2007-07-26 Michelin Sets New Uniroyal Tiger Paw AWP II
Michelin North American has introduced the Uniroyal Tiger Paw AWP II, which will come with a 70,000-mile limited treadwear warranty.
- 2007-07-26 New Speed Record for ContiSportContact Vmax
Less than a month after Continental AG was admitted to the Guinness Book of Records for car performance modifier Jan Fatthauer’s 388 km/h dash, which saw the Continental ContiSportContact Vmax officially recognised as the world’s fastest production tyre, a new record using Conti’s performance tyre has been set.
- 2007-07-27 Kumho Plans Major Capacity Boost at New Plant
South Korea’s Kumho Tire Co. already plans to expand annual capacity at its brand new Changchun plant, nearly doubling tire build from 3.15 million to 6.3 million tires.
- 2007-07-27 Maxxis on Interbrand List for Fifth Year
For the fifth consecutive year, Maxxis has made the top 10 of Interbrand’s list of Taiwan’s top global brands. Maxxis ranked eighth on the list.
- 2007-07-31 Michelin Acquiring Oliver Rubber
In perhaps its response to the recently completed purchase of Bandag Inc. by rival Bridgestone/Firestone, Michelin North America has signed a “definitive agreement” to acquire Oliver Rubber Co. from Cooper Tire & Rubber Co.
- 2007-08-01 Toyo Adds 41 News Sizes Across Lines
Toyo Tire (USA) Corp. has added 41 new sizes to a variety of its passenger and light truck/SUV tires.
- 2007-08-01 International Tyres and Trading Right Distributor for Sumo Firenza
The Sumo Firenza is reportedly steadily increasing its sales performance in both the U.K. and European tyre markets and is now considered to be increasingly favoured as a highly competitive choice in the truck tyre sector of the market.
- 2007-08-01 Pirelli UK to Release New Regional Haul Tyres
2007 has been an exciting year in the development of Pirelli’s commercial vehicle tyres, company representatives told Tyres & Accessories.
- 2007-08-03 Yokohama Advan Line Gets M-B OE Nod
Yokohama Rubber Co. said its Advan Sport tires will be OE on a number of Mercedes-Benz models, including the CL 63 AMG, CL 65 AMG and ML 63 AMG models.
- 2007-08-10 Cooper Sales, Profits Up for Quarter
Cooper Tire & Rubber Co. posted record second-quarter sales and quarterly and first-half profits. Cooper’s quarterly sales hit $751 million, up 20% from the same period last year, and first-half sales finished at $1.4 billion.
- 2007-08-09 New TPMS Application Catalog from Schrader
Schrader Bridgeport International has released its new AirAware TPMS application catalog, which covers passenger vehicle applications for TPMS sensors and service packs through 2007.
- 2007-08-10 Bridgestone Sees Sales, Profits Jump for First Half
Bridgestone Corp. saw first-half sales jump 13% and net income increase 61%.
- 2007-08-13 Toyo Sales Up, North America Tire Sales Up
Toyo Tire & Rubber Co. posted its first quarter financials, showing net sales up 12% year-to-year, but net income falling 55.3%.
- 2007-08-13 First Batch Rolls from Hankook’s Hungary Plant
Hankook Tire has shipped its first batch of tyres produced at the company’s maiden European manufacturing operation. Current capacity is reportedly 1 million units, but mass production operations at the factory could be up and running in as little as six weeks. The first batch is reportedly en route to the U.K. and France, two of the manufacturer’s key regional markets.
- 2007-08-13 Automechanika Shanghai – December 2007
Automechanika Shanghai has gained a reputation as one of China's most valuable professional forums for the automotive parts, components and aftermarket industry.
- 2007-08-15 Michelin Building New Tire Plant in Mexico
Continuing its North Americana spending spree, Michelin North America announced plans to build a “state-of-the-art” passenger and light truck/SUV tire plant in Guanajuato, Mexico.
- 2007-08-15 Sumitomo Rubber Reports Half-Year Figures
Sumitomo Rubber Industries has announced its consolidated interim financial results for the period between Jan. 1 and June 30, 2007.
- 2007-08-18 Yokohama Gets Ready for Some Football
Yokohama Tire Corp. is gearing up for the coming pro and college football seasons, announced promotion deals with three NFL teams and two college squads.
- 2007-08-15 Cooper’s Winter Groove
New from Cooper Tire for the upcoming cold season is the recently launched Discoverer M+S Sport, a range of winter tyres introduced to meet the needs of high performance 4x4 vehicles.
- 2007-08-16 Bridgestone Underlines its Commitment to the Environment
With green policies and procedures the subject of widespread debate in the global tyre market, Bridgestone has reiterated its commitment to achieve the highest possible standards of environmental performance.
- 2007-08-16 Dunlop India to Retain Factory Land – For Now
Dunlop India’s battle to retain a legitimate claim to a piece of land at its factory in Ambattur, Chennai has been given a boost by a decision made by a district court in Chennai.
- 2007-08-18 A Strong Argument in Support of Tubeless Tyres
The recent bad press surrounding Chinese made tyres and inner tubes has not deterred one man from giving Chinese tyre products his own unintended and unorthodox vote of confidence.
- 2007-08-20 Michelin Truck Tires Now More Appealing in N.S.
A rule change introduced Aug. 16 by the province will make a double-wide tire produced by Michelin more attractive to local truckers.
- 2007-08-20 Further Expansion Slated for Chinese Goodyear Plant
Further expansion is already planned for Goodyear’s tyre facility in Dalian, China.
- 2007-08-21 Dunlop SA Introduces Hi Tech Sales Tool
Today, people expect more than a basic over the counter ‘buy and sell’ retail experience.
- 2007-08-21 Nokian to Build 300 Flats near Russian Factory
Employees at the Nokian Tyres factory in Vsevolozhsk, near St. Petersburg, will soon have access to affordable accommodation near their place of work.
- 2007-08-22 Halfway Around the World with Cooper Tire
The ruggedness of Cooper Tire 4x4 tyres is being put to the test with an ambitious 40,000-kilometer trek from Cape Town in South Africa to London.
- 2007-08-21 Bridgestone develops new Cooling Fin technology
Japan-based Bridgestone Corporation, engaged in developing, manufacturing and marketing tires and diversified products, has developed a new Cooling Fin technology that expands the vehicle application potential of runflat tires.
- 2007-08-22 Hankook Launching New Tire, Sizes at Truck Show
Hankook Tire America Corp. plans to unveil its newest medium truck tire and extensions to existing lines at this week’s Great American Trucking Show in Dallas.
- 2007-08-22 "Rosava" company has received official confirmation on conformity to production on noise level to the European standards
Among the manufacturers of automobile tyres of CIS the company "Rosava" one of first has received official confirmation on conformity to production on noise level to the European standards. The tyres of a medium-class of series WQ and SQ once again have shown the European degree of quality.
- 2007-08-31 BFNAT Breaks Ground for Largest DC
Bridgestone/Firestone North American Tire broke ground for its one-million-square-foot distribution center in Jacksonville, Fla., the company largest single distribution facility in the U.S.
- 2007-08-23 Yokohama Building Proving Ground in Thailand
Yokohama Rubber Co. is constructing a tire proving ground facility in Thailand. The tiremaker received approval from the country’s Board of Investment, and plans to begin construction immediately.
- 2007-08-25 Michelin India Introduces Regrooving Service
Michelin India has announced it will begin offering a truck tyre regrooving service which it claims will add about 20% to a tyre’s total lifetime mileage.
- 2007-08-24 14 Years and 50 Million Tires Later…
American Car Care Centers Inc. and Michelin North American celebrated their 14-year relationship and the 50 millionth Michelin-produced tire sold to ACCC.
- 2007-08-27 Bridgestone to Expand Capacity at Two Asian Facilities
According to a statement released by Bridgestone on Aug. 22, the company’s subsidiary Bridgestone India Private Limited (BSID) has taken the decision to expand production capacity at its passenger car and light truck radial plant in the city of Indore.
- 2007-08-23 Conti Automotive Systems Opens First “Full-Scale” Engineering Centre in Asia
In a move that acknowledges the importance of Asian manufacturers to global vehicle production, Continental AG’s Automotive Systems Division has opened its first full-scale integrated engineering centre in the region.
- 2007-08-30 OTC Offers Upgraded TPMS Software
OTC has added new software update kits for its OTC Tire Pressure Monitor (TPM), which feature the latest software for the more than 170 models previously covered as well as information on some 100 new 2007 models.
- 2007-08-29 Michelin Rolls Out Regenerating Drive Tire
Michelin North American introduced the XDA5 drive position radial, which it said has a tread design that will “regenerate” itself during use, and will “outlast the drive tire it replaces by at least 30%.”
- 2007-08-27 Michelin Voted Most Recognisable Tyre Brand in the UK
Michelin’s long established heritage and iconic mascot has helped it become one of the most recognisable and best-loved brands on the U.K. market, a phenomenon highlighted by recent survey results released by the Superbrands Council.
- 2007-08-29 Amerityre Introduces New Tire Fill Line
Amerityre Corp. has developed a new tire fill product line for use in commercial tire application.
- 2007-08-28 TyreSafe Declares October ‘Tyre Safety Month’
U.K. tyre safety organisation TyreSafe is co-ordinating a national tyre safety month in October to raise awareness of the crucial role that tyres play in road safety and avoiding crashes, particularly in the wet.
- 2007-08-27 Nokian in Talks to Build Plant in Kazakhstan
Nokian Tyres plc has acknowledged that it is considering building a tire plant in Kazakhstan.
- 2007-09-03 Haltec Joins Nitrogen Support Group
Haltec Corp. has joined the Get Nitrogen Institute (GNI), an organization devoted to promoting the benefits of nitrogen use in tires.
- 2007-08-29 BFNAT Donates Oklahoma City Land for School
Bridgestone/Firestone North American Tire plans to donate 60 acres of land in southwest Oklahoma City near its now closed tire plant to the local school district, according to news reports.
- 2007-08-29 Pirelli Gets M-B Fitment
Pirelli has been named the OE tire for Mercedes-Benz’s ML550/350 and R350/320CDI vehicles, which will be produced at the carmaker’s U.S. plant in Alabama.
- 2007-09-03 Tire Industry Hall of Fame to Welcome Eight New Members
Eight industry leaders will be inducted into the Tire Industry Hall of Fame this year, including the retired leaders of the nation’s two most recognizable companies.
- 2007-08-29 Mickey Thompson Adds New Drag Slick
Mickey Thompson Tires & Wheels has introduced the new ET Drag Slick. The tire will be available in size 33.0/10.5-16 W.
- 2007-08-30 Schrader Launches New TPMS Training Video
Schrader Bridgeport International has introduced its new AirAware TPMS service instructional DVD.
- 2007-08-31 Michelin Mining Essay Contest Opens
Michelin North American is now accepting entries for its third annual Michelin Mining Essay Contest, a program that challenges college undergraduates pursuing a mining-related degree to research and address a topic related to the mining industry.
- 2007-08-31 Yokohama Donates to WWF Japan
Yokohama Rubber Co. donated more than 1 million yen to the World Wild Fund for Nature Japan, an amount matching the total of admissions paid by visitors to LIVE ecoMOTION, a charity music event held on July 29 in Shibuya and contributions collected at the event.
- 2007-09-04 The ContiComfortKit
The ContiComfortKit, a system designed to ensure mobility in the face of tyre failure, can be used with all proprietary car tyres. It is considerably faster and easier to use than conventional systems. The Kit is now available from our Andover and Kingston branches.
- 2007-09-05 BFNAT Plant Pay Plan Rejected
Workers at Bridgestone/Firestone North American Tire plant in in La Vergne, Tenn., firmly rejected a new contract with the tiremaker, bringing questions about the future of the truck and passenger tire plant.
- 2007-09-05 Pirelli’s Telecom Italia Sale Delayed
The sale of Pirelli’s loss-making share in Telecom Italia has been delayed by Brazil’s telecommunications regulator Anatel.
- 2007-09-05 Expanding Retail Business a Priority for Nokian
Finnish cold weather tyre specialist Nokian has told the daily newspaper Aamulehti that it plans to expand its retail business.
- 2007-09-06 Goodyear HQ Evacuated in Bomb Scare
A bomb scare emptied Goodyear Tire & Rubber Co.’s headquarters in Akron on Aug. 31. No bomb was found, police officials said.
- 2007-09-07 Arctic Circle Provides Perfect Winter Tyre Proving Ground
Living in an environment so cold that even a polar bear thinks twice about popping out for a pint of milk can have its advantages.
- 2007-09-04 Indian Tire Industry Set to Clash with Rubber Board
The tussle between the Indian tire industry and the India Rubber Board is set to blossom into a full-fledged war.
- 2007-09-04 Trucking Company Honors Goodyear, Wingfoot Commercial Tire Services
Goodyear Tire & Rubber Co. and its Wingfoot Commercial Tire Systems received Paschall Truck Lines Inc.'s "Maintenance Vendor of the Year" award at the trucking company's annual vendor dinner.
- 2007-09-04 Continental AG: Your Mobility – our Passion
Highlights IAA 2007: Technologies for safe, comfortable and sustainable driving. The Automotive Systems division of the international automotive supplier, Continental AG will present at the international Frankfurt Motor Show (IAA) (Hall 5.1/A16) intelligent and networked safety systems to providing the best possible protection for people in road traffic.
- 2007-09-06 Conti Acquires Chinese Auto Components Firm
Continental AG’s Automotive Systems Division plans to further consolidate its position in China through the acquisition of Zhangjiagang Fugang Heli Electronics Co. Ltd. from China’s Fugang Group.
- 2007-09-06 Bridgestone Gets OE Spot on V8 Hybrid
Bridgestone Turanza EL42 tires have been selected as the OE tire for the new Lexus LS 600h L all-wheel drive luxury hybrid sedan.
- 2007-09-06 Toyo Boosting Prices Oct. 1
Toyo Tire (USA) Corp. said it will raise prices on all of its passenger, performance and light truck/SUV tires by 3% to 5%.
- 2007-09-07 Michelin: European Tyre Volumes Strong in July
- 2007-09-07 Michelin Contemplates MotoGP Withdrawal
Michelin may bow out of MotoGP racing at the end of the current season if the Honda and Yamaha factory teams switch to Bridgestone for 2008, reports Eurosport.
- 2007-09-06 India Tire Exports Register Marginal Growth
India’s tire exports for fiscal year 2006-07 registered a marginal growth of 1.15% at 54,49,560 units as against 53,87,502 units the year before.
- 2007-09-10 Yokohama Looking East for New European Plant
Yokohama Rubber Corp. is apparently considering building a anew tire plant in Eastern Europe, according to news reports.
- 2007-09-10 Goodyear Keeps it Local in China
The recently reported capacity expansion plans for Goodyear’s Dalian plant in China – to 17,000 tyres a day or 10% of global production – will mostly be supplied from local sources.
- 2007-09-08 Cooper To Boost Tire Prices
Cooper Tire & Rubber Co. plans to increase pricing on all of its passenger and light truck/SUV tires by up to 4%.
- 2007-09-10 Conti Tire on M-B C-Class for Driving Events
Continental AG’s ContiSportContact 3 has been named the “official tire” of Mercedes-Benz USA’s C-Drive national ride-and-drive series, featuring the automaker’s redesigned C-Class sedan.
- 2007-09-08 BFNAT Sponsors Construction Challenge Team
Bridgestone/Firestone North American Tire is working with construction companies and groups to help students learn more about careers in the construction industry by sponsoring a high school team for the AEM Construction Challenge.
- 2007-09-10 Hankook Sets Price Increases of Up to 4%
Hankook Tire America Corp. is raising prices on all of its consumer tires – passenger, high performance and light truck/SUV – by up to 4%.
- 2007-09-10 Brembo, Sabelt Team Up in JV
Performance brake system maker Brembo SpA and Sabelt SpA, maker of racing seat belts and child safety products, have formed a joint venture to produce and market special accessories for motor vehicles and motorcycles.
- 2007-09-10 BBC Top Gear Presenters Race on Dunlop Tyres
The BBC Top Gear team of Jeremy Clarkson, Richard Hammond and James May made their endurance racing debut this past weekend at Silverstone in the annual Britcar 24 Hour race.
- 2007-09-10 Pirelli ‘Green Circles’ Fitted to Fiat Concept Car
‘Green’ appears to be the unofficial colour of the Frankfurt Show, with a number of manufacturers choosing to display their concept of a low environmental impact vehicle.
- 2007-09-10 Yokohama's S.drive on Brabus-Tuned Smart Car
Yokohama’s S.drive tire has been approved for OE fitment on the new Smart-Brabus GmbH Smart FourTwo Brabus. The car will be sold in Eirope, Japan and Australia.
- 2007-09-11 U.S.-China to Sign Quick Recall Pact
NHTSA and the Chinese government will sign an agreement Sept. 12 that will help speed the recall of defective auto parts.
- 2007-09-11 U.S. Trade Group to Visit Bridgestone HQ
The U.S. state of Ohio is keen to let Bridgestone know that they are welcome in its part of the world.
- 2007-09-11 Nine Dealers Face-Off in Dunlop Drivers Cup Qualifier
Nine tire dealers will take to the track and compete at Virginia International Raceway for the Dunlop Driver Cup. The race-off will be held Sept. 18-20.
- 2007-09-11 Vredestein expands its all-season tyre range with the new Quatrac 3
· World first: the first all-season RunFlat tyre
· Available from September
- 2007-09-12 Michelin Has Aggressive Plans for New Green Tire
Groupe Michelin used the 2007 the International Motor Show in Frankfurt to unveil its new Energy Saver tire line, which it claims will dramatically reduce carbon emissions and cut fuel consumption.
- 2007-09-12 Cars With Bald Tyres Crushed
The DVLA and Police have seized 270 vehicles with potential deadly hazards, such as bald tyres, in South Yorkshire.
- 2007-09-12 Fast Wear Costs Apollo Tyres in Fine
Asia Pulse has reported that Apollo Tyres has been ordered to pay Rs 10,000 by the Delhi Consumer Commission foralleged tire defects.
- 2007-09-12 India signs F1 track deal in London
India has now signed a commitment to build a grand prix circuit in Delhi.
- 2007-09-13 BFNAT Video Contest Winners Named
Bridgestone/Firestone North American Tire has announced the winners of its first Safety Scholars Video Contest.
- 2007-09-13 Michelin Sweeps J.D. Power OE Awards
Michelin swept every segment of the 2007 J.D. Power and Associates 2007 Original Equipment Tire Customer Satisfaction Study.
- 2007-09-13 RMA Starts Online Tire Care Course
RMA has created a downloadable tire care course aimed at teen drivers and driver’s education instructors.
- 2007-09-14 SmarTire Sues TPMS Makers Over Patent Dispute
- 2007-09-14 Pirelli to Invest in Tyre Unit After Olimpia Sale
Pirelli SpA chairman Marco Tronchetti Provera is planning to pay of the company’s debt and invest in its tyre unit with cash from the planned sale of its Olimpia unit.
- 2007-09-14 Alcoa Sells Stake in Chalco for $2 Billion
Aluminum producer Alcoa Inc. sold its nearly 7% stake in Chalco, China's largest aluminum maker, for $2 billion. Alcoa said it would continue to invest in the aluminum industry in China, where it currently manufactures foil, fasteners, automotive components and other products.
- 2007-09-14 New Lambo Super Car Features Alcoa-Made Wheels
Alcoa Wheel Products has been named the exclusive wheel supplier for the new super-exotic Lamborghini Murcielago Reventon.
- 2007-09-17 Yokohama Launches Eco Treadsetters Social Network Site
Yokohama Tire Corp. launched Eco Treadsetters, a consumer online social network focused on environmental issues.
- 2007-09-17 Goodyear Gadsden Plant Plans to Expand
Goodyear Tire and Rubber Co. will begin construction next week on a 204,000-square-foot expansion of its 78-year-old plant in Gadsden, Ala., which company officials say will keep it operating for years to come.
- 2007-09-17 Turanza Now OE on New Chrysler Minivans
The Bridgestone Turanza EL40002 will be the OE tire on the 2008 Chrysler Town & Country Limited.
- 2007-09-17 Recycling Tires Into Roof Tiles
Trials of a new roof tile may offer the possibility of an innovative tiling material using recycled rubber from used tires, according to a trial funded by the U.K.’s Waste & Resources Action Program.
- 2007-09-17 DRT, Amerityre Team Up on Sand Race Tires
Amerityre Corp. is licensing its technology to Desert Research Technology Inc., giving DRT the exclusive, worldwide rights to manufacture paddle-type sand tires featuring Amerityre's polyurethane elastomers.
- 2007-09-18 Car Manufacturers Must Now Share Info With Independent Garages
The European Commission has moved to ensure that car manufacturers will provide technical information about car repairs to all independent garages in the European Union.
- 2007-09-18 Goodyear Wins Evo Tyre Test
The new Goodyear Eagle F1 Asymmetric has taken its first major independent tyre test victory, with Evo magazine declaring the latest Goodyear ultra-high performance tyre as the winner in a comparison of nine brands.
- 2007-09-18 Michelin Wins Frost & Sullivan Consumer Choice Award
Europe has overwhelmingly cast its vote in favour of the tyre brand it regards as the safest and most durable, Michelin, putting the company miles ahead of the competition.
- 2007-09-18 Akron Begins Formal Work on New Goodyear HQ, Retail Area
Akron City Council took the first steps toward creating a new area for Goodyear’s world headquarters yesterday, approving a measure to acquire 20 properties on the city’s east side to be converted into office and retail space.
- 2007-09-18 Indian Carmaker Looks at Jag, Rover
News reports confirm that Indian automaker Tata Motors is interested in acquiring iconic British auto companies Land Rover and Jaguar, which Ford Motor Co. has put up for sale.
- 2007-09-18 BFNAT Adds New On-/Off-Highway Radial
Bridgestone/Firestone North American Tire has launched the new Bridgestone L320 on-/off-highway drive radial.
- 2007-09-19 Analysts: Goodyear Poised for Growth
- 2007-09-19 FIA Reveals Tyres Played Role in McLaren Ferrari Scandal
FIA has released details of the e-mail conversation between driver Fernando Alonso and Pedro de la Rosa that led to McLaren being excluded from this year’s Formula One constructor’s championship amid accusations of spying.
- 2007-09-19 Yokohama Line Sponsors Driving Program
Yokohama's Advan brand will serve as the presenting sponsor of Hooked on Driving at Thunderhill Raceway in Willows, Calif.
- 2007-09-21 GOODYEAR FOREST PARTY
On Friday, September 21, Goodyear Dunlop Tires Ukraine in collaboration with Matador – K (Матадор-К) firm held the GOODYEAR FOREST PARTY – the presentation of brand-new models for winter 2007-2008 season.
- 2007-09-21 Bridgestone starts building plant in Poland
Bridgestone Corp. has begun construction on its medium truck and bus tire plant near Stargard, Poland. The factory will start production in early 2009.
- 2007-09-24 Toyo Gets Spots on Toyota Hybrid
Toyo Tire (USA) Corp. will supply tires for the new 2008 Toyota Highlander Hybrid Limited.
- 2007-09-24 BFS Increasing U.S., Canada Prices
Bridgestone/Firestone North American Tire and Bridgestone/Firestone Canada are increasing prices on all Bridgestone, Firestone, Fuzion and associate brand tire lines by up to 4%.
- 2007-09-24 Auto Express Awards Goodyear HydraGrip ‘Best Buy’ in Tyre Test
The Goodyear HydraGrip has been awarded ‘Best Buy’ in the family car tyre market after winning the UK’s biggest independent comparison test of tyre performance and safety.
- 2007-09-24 Yokohama Opens First Advan Service Center
Yokohama Tire Corp. has opened its first Advan Service Center at the Tire Man location in Thousand Oaks, Calif. The new center was officially opened Sept. 22.
- 2007-09-24 Continental Factory Produces 50 Millionth Tyre
The 50 millionth tyre has rolled off the production line at Continental’s Timisoara tyre plant.
- 2007-09-24 Bridgestone’s ‘Steady Growth’ in Europe
At the recent IAA motor show in Frankfurt Bridgestone discussed details of its ongoing major investment programme for 2007, supporting its long-term plan for steady growth in Europe.
- 2007-09-24 Attendance Up at Tyrexpo Asia
The organisers of Tyrexpo Asia, ECI International, have announced that this year’s attendance figures broke all previous records.
- 2007-09-24 Hankook Will Follow Hungarian Labour Law, Says Premier
South Korean Prime Minister Han Duk Soo has reportedly put pressure on Hankook to adhere to Hungarian labour laws.
- 2007-09-24 Siemens VDO Brings Piezo TPMS Technology to IAA
While many attended the IAA in Frankfurt to admire the crisp styling of the latest vehicle models and concept cars, for others the technology lying beneath the skin of a car is every bit as beautiful.
- 2007-09-25 Europe will soon require TPMS
With America’s tyre manufacturers and retailers still unhappy with the National Highway Transport and Safety Administration’s (NHTSA) rule-making on TPMS, signs are that Europe too will soon require its new vehicles to be equipped with tyre pressure monitoring systems.
- 2007-09-25 Matador conquers Russian roads. Moscow – Vladivostok 2007.
After successful expeditions to Ukraine, Romania, Albania and etc. Matador takes part in an autocross “Scout Experience”, which way goes by Russian roads. Ten cars Škoda Octavia Scout tyred up into Matador MP 43 Aquilla Evo made their route from Moscow to Vladivostok during 04 - 20 of August 2007. Total distance is more than 9700 km. The cars crossed 7 time zones.
- 2007-09-22 Tyre manufacturers to issue reaction
MotoGP's three tyre manufacturers are expected to make an official response to Dorna's single tyre rule proposal at Motegi later today.
- 2007-09-27 Vredestein Develops a World First Design
Vredestein, which already offers expertise in the field of all-season tires, introduced the world’s first all-season tire available with RunFlat technology, the Quatrac 3.
- 2007-09-29 Tyrexpo Asia 2007 ‘Comes of Age’
Increased visitor numbers representing a wider variety of countries and greater numbers of exhibitors taking extra floor space, were the top-line highlights that contributed to a record-breaking sixth Tyrexpo Asia exhibition at the Singapore Expo Centre recently (11-13 Sept. 11-13).
- 2007-09-29 TUV Test: Michelin Tyres Have Longest Life
Michelin car tyres have the longest life according to Auto Express. Tests carried out by independent testing body TUV Sud, and witnessed by Auto Express, compared Michelin tyres with six of their main European competitors.
- 2007-09-29 Cooper Heads into Third A1GP Season
The 2007 sporting season has been the year for World Cups, and Cooper Tire is about to embark on its third season with the World Cup of Motorsport, A1GP. Zandvoort, in The Netherlands, will host the opening race event of A1GP’s third season, on Sept. 30.
- 2007-09-29 Michelin Launches 'New' Dealer Program
Michelin Americas Small Tires is launching a new Alliance Associate Dealer program for 2008, which represents a shift in the way the company does business with both distributors and dealers of its passenger car and light truck replacement tires.
- 2007-09-29 Sumitomo’s Maximum Performance Tire to Debut at SEMA 2007
The new HTRZ III, Sumitomo Tire’s latest offering in its HTR line of performance products, delivers enhanced traction, exceptional handling and a new level of maximum performance in more than 30 popular sizes.
- 2007-09-29 Advantage PressurePro and Ride-On Join Forces
TPMS maker Advantage PressurePro and Inovex Industries Inc., manufacturer of the tire sealant Ride-On, have formed a partnership to provide customers a complete solution for tire pressure problems.
- 2007-09-29 New First Stop Website
The site has been designed to cater for the growing number of independent tyre retailers signing up to the First Stop network – the loyalty programme of Bridgestone UK.
- 2007-09-29 Pirelli Raises U.S. Prices
Citing increasing raw material, energy and logistic costs, Pirelli Tire North America is raising prices an average of 5 percent for all passenger and light truck tires.
- 2007-09-29 Continental Publishes Winter Truck Tyre Guide
Continental Tyres has put together a comprehensive guide to the differing tyre requirements British truck and coach operators expecting to run their vehicles in European countries this winter have to meet.
- 2007-09-29 Toyo to Sponsor Men’s Basketball
Toyo Tire (USA) Corp. has finalized a three-year deal to sponsor the Pac-10 men’s basketball regular season and conference tournament, which will be telecast on Fox Sports Net.
- 2007-09-29 Bridgestone Presents Interior Motives Award
For a second successive year, Bridgestone has sponsored the ‘Best Safety Innovation’ category in an annual competition organised by Interior Motives magazine for automotive design students from around the world.
- 2007-10-01 Goodyear Opens New Pilot Center
Goodyear’s Wingfoot Commercial Tire Systems has opened a new Pilot Truck Care Center in Temple, Ga.
- 2007-10-01 Panic in Detroit: 2007 Auto Sales to be Down
Industry analysts say that 2007 may end up being the worse ever year for new car sales.
- 2007-10-01 BFG Reups With SCORE as Official Tire
Michelin North America has signed a extension agreement to keep its BFGoodrich brand as the official tire of the SCORE International and Desert Racing Series.
- 2007-10-02 County Council to Consider Tax Break for Michelin Expansion
Michelin North America is seeking tax incentives from Anderson County for a $25 million investment in its Starr and Sandy Springs, S.C., facilities.
- 2007-10-01 Bridgestone Firestone adds to Dueler line
Bridgestone Firestone North American Tire LLC (BFNT) has added to its Dueler line with the Bridgestone Dueler A/T 695.
- 2007-10-02 Pneu-Logic Signs Supply Agreement with Rema Tip Top
Pneu-Logic, the U.K.-based tyre division of Advanced ID Corp., has entered into a strategic supply agreement with Rema Tip Top as a global reseller of Pneu-Logic’s line of technology products.
- 2007-10-02 Goodyear Gemini Hosts Women's Car Care Clinics in October
Recognizing this month’s National Fall Car Care Month, Goodyear Gemini is hosting free Women’s Car Care Clinics in major market locations throughout the U.S.
- 2007-10-02 New Fastener Vows to End Wheel-Offs
ITW CIP has introduced the Pacnut, a laminated nut designed to internally deflect and help eliminate wheel-offs on commercial trucks and trailers.
- 2007-10-05 Bridgestone Ready for Some Football – as NFL’s Official Tire
Bridgestone/Firestone North American Tire’s Bridgestone brand has been named the official tire of the NFL.
- 2007-10-05 Michelin Tables Plant Reorganisations and Closures for France, Spain
Groupe Michelin has outlined plans affecting the company’s operations in France and Spain.
- 2007-10-05 Fifth Gear Host Keys Worn Tire Videos
The U.K.’s leading online tire retailer etyres is teaming up with the host of the Popular Fifth Gear TV show to produce two consumer-focused videos showing the dangers of driving on worn tires.
- 2007-10-05 Dunlop India Confirms Aero Tyre Plans
Dunlop India has reiterated its intention to re-enter the aero tyre market.
- 2007-10-08 European Reorganisation will Reduce Michelin’s Capex, says Deutsche Bank
Deutsche Bank has provided comment on the recently announced Groupe Michelin closures and restructuring.
- 2007-10-08 Freightliner Changes Corporate Name
Freightliner LLC has decided to change its corporate name to Daimler Trucks North America, effective Jan. 7, 2008.
- 2007-10-08 Goodyear Philippines Plans Factory Upgrade, Seeks Retail Investors
Manufacturing facilities at Goodyear’s operations in the Philippines are likely candidates for an upgrade, according to the president of Goodyear Philippines David Morin.
- 2007-10-08 Arnco Boosts Liner Production
Arnco says it has “significantly expanded” production of its QuikGel polyurethane liner.
- 2007-10-08 Kremenchuk Technical Carbon Plant To Export Its Products To Bridgestone Affiliate In Turkey In 2008
Next year the Kremenchuk technical carbon plant (Poltava region) is planning to start selling its products to the Turkish affiliate of Bridgestone, a major world producer of automobile tires.
- 2007-10-09 Michelin Evacuates Employees’ Families from Algeria
Michelin has decided to evacuate the families of French nationals in its employ in Algeria because of concerns for their safety.
- 2007-10-09 Cooper Research Scientist Honored
Dr. John Luchini, a research scientist for Cooper Tire & Rubber Co., was awarded the Superior Paper of 2006 honor by The Tire Society. It marked the second time Dr. Luchini has won the award.
- 2007-10-09 Bridgestone Starts Run-Flat Mass Production in South Africa
Bridgestone Corp. has announced that Bridgestone South Africa (Pty) Ltd., has started the mass production and shipping of run-flat from its Brits, factory.
- 2007-10-09 Toyo Adds Super Wide Size to Line
Toyo Tire (USA) Inc. has rolled out new sizes for its M320 super wide medium truck tire line – 425/65R22.5.
- 2007-10-09 Discount Tire Gives Consumers a Wheel Preview
Discount Tire Co./America's Tire Co. has introduced a new online application for consumers.
- 2007-10-10 Sumitomo Backs New Line With Numbers Focus
Sumitomo Rubber Corp. is supporting the launch of its new HTRZ III UHP line with a comprehensive launch campaign.
- 2007-10-10 U.K. Firm Touts New N2 System at SEMA
U.K. company Pneumatics Components Ltd. (PCL) will make its first SEMA Show appearance with its new Accura mobile nitrogen tire inflation system.
- 2007-10-10 Titan Hosting Tire Auction for FFA
Titan Tire is hosting the second Titan/Goodyear and Georgia FFA Foundation tire auction on Oct. 17.
- 2007-10-10 Canadian Retreader Goes With MRTI
Brampton, Ont.’s Tiremaster Ltd. has switched from the Bandag retreading process to Michelin Retreading Technologies’ process.
- 2007-10-11 Hankook previews new UHP tire in Korea
Hankook Tire Co. Ltd. gave a sneak preview of its new ultra-high performance passenger tire, the Ventus V12 Evo, during a ride-and-drive event held earlier today near its plant in Geumsan, South Korea.
- 2007-10-11 Yokohama Points to New Winter Tyre Engineering Breakthrough
Did you know that it is actually more hazardous to drive on ice when the temperature is between -6 and 0 degrees Celsius than when temperatures are colder?
- 2007-10-11 Big O Tires Awards Scholarships to 11 Students
Big O Tires and its Big O Tires Scholarship Fund awarded 11 college students with college scholarships.
- 2007-10-12 Michelin to Create 1,000 New Jobs in Poland
Michelin Poland is to open a new tyre-making line, a logistics centre and production centre in Olsztyn.
- 2007-10-12 Bridgestone Blizzak Named Official Tire of Winter
Introduced in North America in 1992, the Bridgestone Blizzak, developed in the 1980s for the Japanese market, is still the best winter tire available, according to Bridgestone Firestone North American Tire.
- 2007-10-12 Goodyear Named Tire Supplier for International Truck
The Goodyear Tire & Rubber Company announced its commercial tires are now available for specification on all International Truck & Engines vehicles, and the company has been named an International Truck primary tire supplier.
- 2007-10-12 Toyo Launches Second Major Ad Campaign in 2007
Following their successful second quarter ad campaign to coincide with the launch of the company’s new Versado LX luxury passenger car tire; Toyo Tire (U.S.A.) Corporation has launched a second major ad campaign in the fourth quarter of 2007 to promote their Open Country line of light truck and SUV tires.
- 2007-10-15 Nokian – New Generation Winter Tyres Easy on Fuel
Much of Europe is currently getting ready for the seasonal change to cold weather tyres, and while many drivers assume that winter tyres increase a car’s fuel consumption, Nokian says that the truth may come as a positive surprise.
- 2007-10-16 Michelin Aiming for 15 Million Tyres a Year in Poland
The previously reported Michelin expansion in Poland will see capacity at the company’s Olsztyn plant boosted to 15 million units a year, claims Deutsche Bank’s Equity Research division.
- 2007-10-16 Lamborghini Selects Beru for TPMS
Automotive engineering specialists Beru F1 Systems has announced that it is supplying its award-winning digital tyre pressure monitoring system (TPMS) DigiTyre to Lamborghini for the Gallardo and Murciélago platforms.
- 2007-10-16 Viking Online Ordering Up 100%
Viking International’s improved Web site and online ordering facility appears to be on the up, with number of online orders doubling year-on-year and the number of site visitors increasing “significantly,” according to the company.
- 2007-10-17 Michelin Plant Makes 100 Millionth Radial
Michelin North America’s Bridgewater, N.S., plant produced its 100 millionth tire recently.
- 2007-10-19 Nokian Tyres participate in building a new factory in Kazakhstan
Nokian Tyres has signed an agreement on the 19 October 2007 with the Kazakhstanian multi-industrial company Ordabasy Corporation JSC in order to build a greenfield passenger car tyre factory in Kazakhstan.
- 2007-10-20 Bridgestone to invest 1.3 trln yen over 5 yrs-paper
Bridgestone Corp, Japan's largest tyre maker, will invest 1.3 trillion yen ($11 billion) over five years from 2008 to boost output around the world to meet increasing demand, the Nikkei newspaper said on Saturday.
- 2007-10-22 Yokohama Holds Opening Ceremony for Onomichi Second Plant
The Yokohama Rubber Co. held an opening ceremony for the second plant of its Onomichi facility on October 22.
- 2007-10-22 ETRMA Proposes Voluntary Road Noise Reduction Levels
The European Tyre and Rubber Manufacturers’ Association (ETRMA) has delivered its letter of commitment concerning the reduction of environmental impact resulting from tyres and further measures to increase road safety to the European Commissioner for Enterprise, Günther Verheugen.
- 2007-10-24 CMA to Open First N.A. Warehouse
China Manufacturers Alliance has opened its first North American distribution center.
- 2007-10-24 Tire Technology Expo 2008 to be Largest Ever
The organisers of the Tire Technology Expo 2008 are confident that next year’s show will be the largest yet and boast its best ever conference programme and speaker line-up.
- 2007-10-24 Yokohama Gets OE Spots
Yokohama Rubber Co. announced two new OE fitments for its tires.
- 2007-10-25 Kumho Launching New Luxury Touring Line
Kumho Tire USA plans to launch a new luxury touring tire at the upcoming SEMA Show.
- 2007-10-25 T&E Releases Position Paper on Tyre Noise Regulations
The European Federation for Transport and Environment (T&E) has released a position paper on improving tyre noise in response to the European Commission’s invitation for public consultation on the topic, made in preparation for the drafting of new regulations.
- 2007-10-26 Dunlop Falken Develops Tire Made of 97% Non-Petroleum Materials
Dunlop Falken Tires Ltd. of the Sumitomo Rubber Group unveiled "Enasave 97" at the 40th Tokyo Motor Show 2007.
- 2007-10-26 New Run-Flat From Yokohama
Yokohama Tire Corp. will unveil its new Advan ZPS run-flat at next week’s SEMA Show.
- 2007-10-26 Wrangler MT/R Military Edition tire gains Humvee fitment approval
Goodyear Tire & Rubber Co. received fitment approval from the United States military for its new Wrangler MT/R Military Edition tire.
- 2007-10-28 Continental AG to invest $216 mln in China plant
Germany's Continental AG said it plans to invest about 150 million euros ($216 million) to build its first tyre manufacturing plant in China to boost sales in the world's second-largest auto market.
- 2007-10-28 Dunlop Launches SEMA With Two New Tires, New Sizes
Goodyear’s Dunlop brand group spent the days leading up to the SEMA Show doing a little showing off, demonstrating two new high performance tire lines at a special pre-SEMA driving event for dealers and media.
- 2007-10-29 Hankook Launching Z-Rated UHP
Hankook Tire America Corp. is using the SEMA Show to roll out its new Ventus V12 Evo K110.
- 2007-10-31 SEMA Show, Day Two: New General Grabber will compete off-road
Continental Tire North America Inc. is putting its new General Grabber competition tires to the test. In 2008, the tires will compete in major off-road events.
- 2007-10-30 Goodyear Reports Record Third Quarter Results
Sales up 3% to all-time record on strong pricing, product mix Segment operating income up 35% to record $382 million Income from continuing operations is $159 million Cost savings programs on target, nearly $900 million achieved to date Gain of $517 million on sale of Engineered Products business
- 2007-10-30 SEMA Show, Day One: NHTSA says it's looking at TPMS for heavy vehicles
An offical from the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration (NHTSA) says tire pressure monitoring systems for heavy vehicles are a distinct possibility.
- 2007-10-30 Toyo Introduces the Proxes R1R Designed For Extreme Performance
Toyo Tire (U.S.A.) Corporation introduces the Proxes® R1R™, an extreme performance tire for sports coupes and sedans. The Proxes R1R provides the ultimate dry weather traction for the enthusiast driver who wants maximum performance from his/her car.
- 2007-10-31 SEMA Show, Day One: General Grabber HTS borrows from its racing counterparts
Continental Tire North America will complete its General Grabber light truck and SUV tire line with the introduction of the Grabber HTS in the second quarter of 2008.
- 2007-10-31 SEMA Show, Day Two: Cooper unveils light truck/SUV tire
On display this week at Cooper Tire & Rubber Co.'s Specialty Equipment Market Association (SEMA) Show booth is a new light truck/SUV tire, the Zeon LTZ.
- 2007-11-01 SEMA Show, Day Three: Kumho Ecsta V710 line receives a makeover
Kumho Tire U.S.A. Inc. is not only adding eight sizes to its Ecsta V710 D.O.T.-approved competition tire, but also revamping the line, at least a little.
- 2007-11-01 SEMA Show, Day Three: Toyo race tire is designed for off-track performance, too
Toyo Tire (U.S.A.) Corp. introduced the Proxes R1R, an extreme performance tire designed for sports coupes and sedans. The Proxes R1R provides "the ultimate dry weather traction for the enthusiast driver who wants maximum performance from his or her car," said the company.
- 2007-10-31 SEMA Show, Day Two: new Goodyear Eagle boasts Active CornerGrip technology
Goodyear Tire & Rubber Co. is showing off its latest ultra-high performance tire, the Eagle F1 Asymmetric, at this week's Specialty Equipment Market Association Show.
- 2007-11-03 Bridgestone Aircraft Radial Tires Mounted on First Production Model of Airbus A380 Next-generation Super-jumbo Jetliner
Bridgestone Corporation announced today that aircraft radial tires produced by Bridgestone Corporation were installed on the first A380 next-generation super-jumbo jetliner produced by Airbus S.A.S. (president: Mr. Thomas Enders; headquarters: Toulouse, France) and delivered to Singapore Airlines for flight service between Singapore and Sydney starting October 25.
- 2007-11-02 Sumitomo Introduces Maximum Performance Tire
Sumitomo’s new “We’ve Got Your Number” campaign features the release of the all-new HTRZ III tire, a maximum performance tire designed to fit a wide variety of vehicles.
- 2007-11-05 Kumho Plans to Lift Capacity by One Fifth
Plans are afoot to increase Kumho Tire’s global capacity by 20% in the coming year.
- 2007-11-02 SEMA Show, Day Four: Nexen rolls out N6000 UHP tire
Nexen Tire America Inc. is displaying a new ultra-high performance summer tire, the N6000, at this week's Specialty Equipment Market Association (SEMA) Show.
- 2007-11-06 Toyo Adds 26 Sizes to Line-Up
Toyo Tire (USA) Corp. has added 26 sizes to its line-up of passenger and light truck/SUV tires.
- 2007-11-06 TIA Joins Ebay for New Tire Portal, Member Contact Area
TIA Struck a deal with online mega-selling eBay that will incorporate TIA member information into eBay’s vehicle and vehicle part area.
- 2007-11-07 New Automated Bridgestone Plant Opens in Mexico
Grand opening ceremonies were held yesterday to inaugurate Bridgestone Americas Holding Inc.’s new automated tire plant in Mexico. Operated by subsidiary Bridgestone Neumáticos de Monterrey, S.A. de C.V., the plant, located in Monterrey, Mexico, is the first outside of Japan to feature Bridgestone Corp.’s BIRD automated production technology.
- 2007-11-08 Continental Warns Against Pirated Reproductions
Only a week after the U.S. Tire Industry Association announced at the SEMA Show in Las Vegas its “policy resolution” regarding look-alike tyres, Continental AG has released its own statement on the issue of counterfeit products.
- 2007-11-08 Manac Names Bridgestone Standard OE Tire
Trailer manufacturer Manac Inc., based in St. Georges, Quebec, has selected Bridgestone as the standard tire for its Manac and CPS trailer brands.
- 2007-11-09 Toyo Shares Plunge Following Revelation of False Test Data
Share prices for Toyo Tire & Rubber plummeted following revelations that the company falsified data related to the fire resistance tests conducted on some of its building products.
- 2007-11-09 Analysts Question Cooper’s Underlying Performance
In an analytical note entitled “When Will Nonrecurring Items Not Recur?” Deutsche Bank market watcher Rod Lache remarked he was disappointed with Cooper Tire & Rubber Co.’s “underlying performance.”
- 2007-11-09 U.S. Looking at Anti-Counterfeiting Agreement with Trade Partners
During a press conference on Capitol Hill, U.S. Trade Representative Susan Schwab announced that the U.S. and several key trading partners are looking to negotiate a trade agreement to strengthen the worldwide fight against counterfeiting and piracy.
- 2007-11-09 Conti Adding Sizes to UHP Line
Continental Tire North America is adding 40 sizes to its ContiSportContact 3 tire line.
- 2007-11-14 Michelin to End Pax System R&D
Groupe Michelin described it as “revolutionary” and “our biggest technological breakthrough since we patented the radial tyre in 1946,” yet news indicates that the French manufacturer is turning its back on the product about which it once said “we haven’t been this proud since we invented the radial.”
- 2007-11-16 Goodyear Modernizing Taiwan Plant
News reports say that by the end of this year Goodyear will spend NT$300 million on new production equipment for its tire plant in Taoyuan, Taiwan.
- 2007-11-19 Conti Hooks Up With Vietnam Tiremaker
According to reports out of Southeast Asia, Continental AG has arranged an off-take agreement with Vietnam tiremaker Southern Rubber Industry Co., which will produce Continental-branded tires for export to Europe.
- 2007-11-20 Michelin Doubling Truck Tire Capacity in China
Groupe Michelin says it will double production of heavy truck tires in China by 2010 to meet growing demand in that country.
- 2007-11-08 Tyre Technology – What’s Next?
People often ask me what drew me to the tyre business. Why, the dynamism, creativity and sophistication of the industry I promptly reply.
- 2007-11-20 Most Extreme Maserati to Wear Dunlop SP Sport Maxx GT
It is considered the most extreme Maserati of all time – with 755 horsepower under the bonnet and a maximum speed of 202 mph – and it is designed exclusively for the racetrack.
- 2007-11-20 MRF Releases Silica Based PCR Range
India’s largest tyre manufacturer, MRF, has unveiled a new high performance passenger line. Called the MRF ZSLK, the tyre features a silica reinforced compound that is said to reduce rolling resistance, thus providing economic and green benefits.
- 2007-11-21 Sentaida International Acquires ZT Wholesale
The Zisser Tire Co. has entered into an agreement with Sentaida International for the purchase of the Zisser Tire Wholesale operation.
- 2007-11-21 Michelin Hiking Prices
Michelin North America is increasing prices on its medium truck, retreaded tires and agricultural tires, effective Jan. 1.
- 2007-11-23 Bridgestone to raise tyre prices in Japan
Top Japanese tyre maker Bridgestone Corp said on Thursday it would raise prices on March 1 for replacement tyres, tubes and flaps in Japan, and for winter tyres on April 1.
- 2007-11-23 NHTSA to tire importers: 'Know your suppliers'
If there's one lesson to be learned from this year's Chinese tire recall, it's this, says Daniel Smith, associate administrator for the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration (NHTSA): know your tire suppliers and know your obligations in the event of a problem with their products.
- 2007-11-26 US Ruling Requires Manufacturers to Prove Harm from Subsidised Exports
A U.S. trade panel ruling has provided a glimmer of hope for Chinese tyre manufacturers facing the prospect of tariffs imposed upon their products.
- 2007-11-27 Michelin, Double Coin Reach Settlement
Michelin North America and China Manufacturers Alliance have entered into a settlement agreement resolving MNA’s claims of infringement of intellectual property rights.
- 2007-11-27 Pirelli Opens New China Plant
Pirelli SpA has started operations at its 100 million euro passenger tire plant in Yanzhou, China.
- 2007-11-27 Government Relations in Hungary on Track, Assures Hankook
A representative from Hankook Tire has commented on published news that the company’s operations in Hungary had been penalised by the Hungarian government as a result of violating national law.
- 2007-11-27 Conti: Casumina Tyres are for Asian Market
Continental AG has published a clarification of press coverage that suggested it had signed a five-year deal to import 170,000 truck tyres into Europe from the Casumina factory in Vietnam.
- 2007-11-27 Toyo Gets OE Spot on Murano
Toyo Tire (USA) Corp. has gained OE positions on the new 2009 Nissan Murano.
- 2007-11-27 Delticom Pre-tax Profits up 69%
Delticom AG, Europe’s leading Internet tyre retailer, has increased revenues by approximately 34% year-on-year in the first nine months of this year to 146 million euros (2006: 108.9 million euros).
- 2007-11-30 German Winter Tyre Sales Down, Reports Association
Germany has long been presented to U.K. motorists as the ‘poster boy’ for winter tyre sales in Europe, but it appears that this year the market boasting a winter segment accounting for around half the total passenger car tyre sector is shaping up to be somewhat lacklustre.
- 2007-11-28 Underinflated Tyres Continue to Waste Billions in Fuel
Efforts to educate on the benefits of correctly inflated tyres seem to be falling upon deaf ears – Groupe Michelin has found that almost 80% of cars on British roads are running with incorrect tyre pressure and over half have levels are considered dangerous.
- 2007-11-29 Pirelli Negotiating Share Buyback
Company chairman Marco Tronchetti Provera confirmed that Pirelli SpA is in talks to repurchase a 39% stake in its tire unit.
- 2007-11-29 General Altimax RT Tops Tire Rack Test
Continental Tire North America’s General Altimax RT finished best among four “standard touring all-season” tires tested by Tire Rack.
- 2007-11-29 2008 Pirelli Calendar Launched in China
Pirelli SpA launched its 35th anniversary version of the famed Pirelli Calendar this morning in Shanghai.
- 2007-11-29 New Members Join TyreSafe
Tyre distributor, Yokohama HPT Ltd., tyre wholesaler Group Tyre (UK) and manufacturer of tyre inflation equipment, Pneumatic Components Ltd., have all agreed to become TyreSafe supporters in 2008, joining the original 14 tyre companies and retailers responsible for forming the organisation at the start of this year.
- 2007-11-28 Bridgestone To Supply Run-Flat Tires As Standard Equipment For NISSAN GT-R
Bridgestone Corporation announced today that it will begin supplying POTENZA RE070R RFT Run-Flat tires (RFT) for factory installation as standard equipment on the NISSAN GT-R, which is scheduled to be released to the U.S. market in June 2008.
- 2007-11-30 New Trade Deal With China May Impact Tires
In a new trade deal, China will eliminate “improper” trade subsidies it was allegedly using to prop up profitable trade with the U.S., to the detriment of local and foreign companies.
- 2007-12-01 Study Shows Nokian Most Productive European Auto Company
According to an article published in the German periodical Manager Magazin, of the 500 largest stock exchange listed companies in Europe, Nokian Tyres is the most productive company in the automotive sector.
- 2007-10-23 New MAK wheels for the UK
The UK distributor for the Italian MAK range of replacement alloy wheels, Yokohama HPT Ltd, has announced three new models for the UK market. All three capture the manufacturer’s flair for design and epitomise MAK’s reputation for quality and longevity.
- 2007-01-13 New Wheel: TSW Sakata 4 & 5
The UK distributor for TSW wheels has announced that the TSW Sakata 4 and Sakata 5 will be joining the UK line-up.
- 2007-12-02 Goodyear conducts 'precautionary campaign' for 400,000 tires
Goodyear Tire & Rubber Co. is conducting a precautionary customer satisfaction campaign to exchange certain size P215/70R14 tires sold under a variety of names in the United States and Canada.
- 2007-12-04 WTO Rules Brazil Must Allow Retread Imports
A World Trade Organization appeals panel ruled Dec. 3 that Brazil did violate international commerce rules by restricting importation of retreaded tires from Europe.
- 2007-12-04 Beru Develops Bus TPMS for Harsh Winters
Automotive engineering specialist Beru Systems has developed a specific bus tyre pressure monitoring system for Canadian firm Nova Bus and their new Nova LFS Artic bus.
- 2007-12-04 Bridgestone/Firestone Closing Mexico Plant
Less than a month after taking the wraps off its new automated tire plant in Mexico, Bridgestone Americas Holding has opted to close its existing tire plant in Mexico City.
- 2007-12-04 Conti Adds Sizes to HP Line
Continental Tire North America has added seven sizes to its ContiSportContact 2 high performance line.
- 2007-12-05 Goodyear HQ Project to be Announced Today
At a press conference scheduled for this morning, Goodyear Tire & Rubber Co. is expected to reveal its plans to keep its world headquarters in Akron.
- 2007-12-05 Goodyear Launches Armor Max Commercial LT Tires
Goodyear Tire & Rubber Co. has launched four all-new commercial-duty light truck tires featuring its Armor Max technology.
- 2007-12-05 Conti Purchase of Siemens VDO Officially Concluded
The Continental AG concluded its purchase of Siemens VDO Automotive AG on Dec. 3, four days after the EU Commission issued its unconditional approval.
- 2007-12-05 CGS Buys Compound Manufacturer
The CGS group, which includes Mitas (tyre production), Rubena (technical rubber products) and Buzuluk (machinery and equipment for the rubber industry), has recently acquired a full ownership stake in the company Konty G, with compounds manufacturing facilities in Zlín, Czech Republic.
- 2007-12-06 Goodyear Building Larger Retread Plant in Ontario
To meet what it sees as increasing needs for retreaded OTR tires, Goodyear Canada Inc. is building a new retread plant in North Bay, Ont.
- 2007-12-06 Pirelli to Raise Prices in Several Export Markets
Pirelli Tyre reports that price increases of up to 10% are planned for all passenger car, SUV and truck tyre lines sold in Middle East, Africa and Asia Pacific markets, effective as of Jan. 1, 2008.
- 2007-07-19 Three new TSW wheels for the UK market
The Demon is a ten-spoke wheel, featuring five pairs of flat-faced and hard-edged spokes running to the very outside edge of the wheel rim. Not only does this enhance the sense of size of the wheel but gives it an aggressive and purposeful feel; perfect for performance or modified cars.
- 2007-12-07 General's Exclaim UHP Adds New Sizes
The terms “ultra-high performance” and “all-season” are no longer mutually exclusive, thanks to the introduction of General Tire’s new Exclaim UHP radial.
- 2007-12-07 Lion Forest to Buy 70% of Silverstone
Lion Forest Industries Bhd is reportedly proposing to buy up to 70.64% of Silverstone Corp. Bhd two years after its proposal to acquire the latter’s tyre business was rejected by the local Securities Commission despite an appeal.
- 2007-12-07 RIAL introduces the new summer wheel BARI
RIAL BARI is a design wheel with ten spokes which run in a star form to the outer edge of the rim flange.
- 2007-11-26 RAVENNA – The new summer wheel from RIAL
The new wheel styling of RAVENNA is characterised through a bi-colour surface structure.
- 2007-01-19 New Wheel: MAK XLR
The UK Distributor for MAK wheels has introduced the XLR, MAK's latest lightweight and motorsport-inspired alloy wheel to the UK market.
- 2007-12-10 Alcoa Opens New Hungary Production Line
Alcoa officially opened its new Dura-Bright forged wheel production line at its Hungary factory in early November.
- 2007-12-10 Japan’s Trade Commission Issues Order Against Rubber Hose Cartel
Japan’s Fair Trade Commission is taking steps against Bridgestone and four international companies that have since May been under the spotlight for rubber marine hose price fixing.
- 2007-12-11 Goodyear Announces New Strategic Business Unit
The Goodyear Tire & Rubber Company has announced the formation of a new strategic business unit, combining the former regions of European Union (EU) and Eastern Europe, Middle East and Africa (EEMEA).
- 2007-12-12 U.S. Adds Duties to China-Made OTR Tires
The U.S. Department of Commerce has opted to impose countervailing duties – at least initially – on new OTR tires imported from China, saying the makers of those products benefited financially from Chinese government subsidies.
- 2007-12-12 BFGoodrich Bows Out of WRC with a Splash of Colour
As the curtains are drawn on a multi-tyre WRC series, BF Goodrich has thanked teams loyal to the brand with a unique gift not available in the shops – specially made coloured tyres.
- 2007-12-13 Bridgestone to Increase Prices in all European Markets
- 2007-12-15 NASA and Goodyear Awarded Funding to Develop Non-Pneumatic Tire for the Moon
· NASA Glenn Research Center and Goodyear granted Seed Funding · Step Change Technology required for "Universal" Mobility · Joint Lunar, Mars project capability could yield "Earthly" rewards
- 2007-12-21 Delticom Forecasts 21% Increase in Revenues
German based online tyre retailer Delticom AG has published its forecast for the current fiscal year 2007 as a reaction to industry figures published yesterday by the German Tyre and Vulcanisation Industry Association BRV, as well as in response to what the company calls irritations in the financial markets with regards to the course of Delticom's business during the current fourth quarter.
- 2007-12-18 Cooper to Increase Prices
Cooper Tire & Rubber Co. announced a price increase of up to 5%, which will vary between product lines for all customers, effective February 1, 2008.
- 2007-12-19 Energy Bill Now Law: Tires to be Affected
President Bush today signed a sweeping energy law that includes creation of a so-called “fuel efficiency consumer information program” for consumer tires.
- 2007-12-20 Bib Gets First Corvette OE Fitment
Michelin has earned its first OE fitment on a Corvette, with its new Michelin Pilot Sport PS2 TM ZP (zero-pressure) tires on the 2009 Corvette ZR1.